Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/02/24 08:41 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
Re: PZH update 4/20/15 Connecting the Dots
Omni #848916 04/22/15 12:49 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Good spotlight on Lyle! I think his feelings about Condo were well-written, how you can see he still cares for him even though he knows it's not his Condo smile

Re: PZH update 4/28/15 Caged
Omni #849428 04/28/15 07:13 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Lunar base: McCauley Industries.

Leland McCauley paced back and forth in his spacious office. The giant window that looked out on to space and the rising sight of the Earth far below.

“It looks so beautiful. It’s like a little marble. A big bright swirling marble.” Leland McCauley thought to himself as he stopped himself for a moment.

Once upon a time he sat in this office and loved the view. He always dreamed of the days he would rule the little marble down below and be the wealthiest man in the galaxy. But now he just saw the world outside from his cage. Leland hand been locked in his office for the better part of a month. Most of his staff had been either killed or maimed and what little were left had created a bunker outside his office doors. Leland finally conceited that he needed to call for help when the power and food supply had been diverted for a couple days to sustain the base till the reserves could arrive on the next shipment from Earth.

Leland’s straggly blond hair was in his eyes as he looked out at the earth.

“Captain Tull do we have enough power to send a message to earth for help?”

“Mr. McCauley the ships for the resupply will be here in two days. We can hold out till then. There will be more men who can take on the beast.”

“Captain, I’m not waiting two days simply to discover the beast as you’ve called him has taken out all the men and the supplies.”

“If we use the power to send for help we will be without power for more than the two days it will take for the supply ships to arrive. Sir.” Captain Tull’s bright pink nostrils flared as he spoke to his superior. He had lost to many men over the past month to just give in to the beast now. He wanted to see the beast dead.

“I’m not waiting. Record the message and send it! I want out of this hell and I want that “beast” taken care of.” Leland’s steely gaze bore through Captain Tull.

“Yes sir. Right away.”

Leland turned back to the view as he sat on the floor as Captain Tull left the room. Leland rocked back and forth slightly as he cradled his hand or what was left of it. The beast had breached his strong hold and left his calling card; Leland’s charred left hand and a note on his wall.
“The hand was just the start. I’ll show you what it means to be a real beast.” The note was burned into the wall its smoldering smell still in the air.

Last edited by Omni; 04/28/15 07:14 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: PZH update 4/28/15 Defining Moments
Omni #849429 04/28/15 07:16 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy.

Gim and Vi stood outside the gym on the 60th floor, the lower level exit of the gym after their races. She had won three of the six races they had and in between each round the sat and talked. Gim was getting to know this very intriguing young woman and he liked what he was learning. A planetary champion, who was smart and funny and beautiful but as Gim saw these things he shook his head slightly hoping she hadn’t noticed. He needed to keep this professional.

“She’s cute. She’s really cute. I Can’t do this. She’s a cadet.” Gim scolded himself mentally.

“So do you think you’d like to meet up to train again sometime?” Vi couldn’t believe she found herself basically asking Gim out.

Gim finally had returned to what she was saying and not just staring at her bright smile and that strand of green in hair that swept across her sweat glistening forehead.

“Uhhh yeah. That would be great.”

And before he knew it he had said something else that he knew he would regret.

“And maybe we could get something to eat after the next work out or maybe some other time.”

Vi’s heart leapt but she did her very best not to show how much she was squealing inside.

“I would love that. Captain Allon” Vi says as she sticks her hand out to shake his. She knew that even though this could potentially be a date. He was still her superior officer.

Gim smiled at Vi. She understood without him saying much. He liked that.

“Good Cadet.” Gim took her hand and shook it.

The two of them parted ways once they reached the jump tubes. Gim went first and Vi followed since Gim had to go all the way to the top. Vi smiled as the entire ride up the jump tube. Even though it was only a couple floors up she couldn’t help but look at Gim’s butt. It was cuter than she remembered. Once Vi thought this she instantly gasped covered her mouth and shrunk down to microscopic size as she realized Gim had noticed she was staring. Gim just looked back quickly and smiled with a wink before continuing on a floor up.

Last edited by Omni; 04/28/15 07:19 PM.

Omni #849430 04/28/15 07:21 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Haha” Gim chuckled once he reached his office. “She was definitely checking out my butt.” Gim thought to himself as he tried to look at it.

“Hmmm I guess it’s not half bad.” Gim smirked as he went to his room and changed out of his workout gear and back into his uniform. It was only 3 in the afternoon and as much as Gim wanted to get comfy for a bit. But as soon as he entered he saw his desk top flashing with a message saying COMPLETE. The computer had completed all the computations and filing it had asked it to do. This would make viewing a lot of these files easier.

“Computer, resume recording Captain’s log and please show the top 30 cadets from the scrimmages.” Gim said fixing his belt as he walked back into the main room.

A small ball of light drifted down from the ceiling into the sunken center area just below Captain Allon’s desk. Instantly it expanded showing profile pictures of and statistics of the top 30 cadets.

“Unsurprisingly squads one and 34 were the top 20.” Gim said with a satisfactory smile on his face.

“But who are our remaining ten? Computer, remove squads one and 34 from the list.”

The holo images of squads 1 and 34 twinkled removing them. While leaving ten profiles, each growing larger. Now standing before Captain Allon stood 10 full body holo images with basic profile highlights of the top ten cadets.

“Let’s see who we have. First is the rock sentient from Dryad, he is simply known as Blok. I saw him in the gym lifting weight. Computer is there any indication how much Cadet Blok can lift?” Captain Allon asked.

“The limits of Cadet Blok’s strength are yet unknown. According to the deactivated nannites running on auto scan were able to determine Cade Blok could potentially lift 6 metric tons and his durability is six times that any silicon based rock on Earth and several other planets within the United Planets. He is also capable of energy absorption; which has yet to be determined. He also demonstrates the ability to increase his own mass.”

“Alright so not super strength but pretty strong and durability is key. I’d place him among the heavy hitters. But I’m guessing if he can absorb energy he’s more durable than we think. Computer, did Cadet Blok ever display any mass increase during his scrimmages?”

“Yes. But only momentarily when he faced off against Cadets Tharok and Validus. Tharok created an anti-grav mini cannon blaster to his weapon. When trying to lift Cadet Blok up for Cadet Validus to fire its lighting on, as Validus was being swarmed by Cadet Blok’s teammates. Cadet Blok stood his ground even though Cadet Tharok’s anti-grav cannon blaster sent everyone else around Cadet Blok flying into the air.

Omni #849431 04/28/15 07:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Impressive. Next up is Tharok and Validus. No surprise there.” Captain Allon sat in a white hover chair on the outskirts of the holo display area. Captain Allon had already reviewed their files.

“Computer, bring up the 31st top cadet’s profile please. As we can’t utilize Validus without Tharok, I’m counting them as one.”

“Yes captain.”

“Ok, and the other top cadets that’ I’ve already gone through are Cadet Rehtu, Cadet Purtha, Cadet Evening, and Cadet Ognats. That leaves four spots. Computer, please leave only the remaining four cadets of the top 30.”

“Yes Captain.”

“The final four are, Cadet Sethno, Cadet Twine, Cadet Chey-Nu, and Cadet Dune. This is an interesting top four indeed.”

“Yes Captain. Each of these cadets were the strongest in their perspective scrimmages and the nannites found their powers to be on par with those of squad one. I took the liberty of factoring that into your analysis of each cadet in their ranking.” The computer toned.

“Thank you computer that was very helpful. Please bring up cadet Dune’s scrimmages.” Gim stood going into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.”

“Yes Captain.”

“Alright… he is made of sand and control the sand to shape at his will… and he can travel through the various types of soil according to his file. Wait he’s not as creature made of sand, rather each grain of sand is sentient and they’ve formed a collective known as Dune. Computer how does Cadet Dune communicate?”

“Cadet Dune speaks as a normal humanoid would. The grains of sand though sentient have formed together to created a humanoid body made of sand and being held together by their collective will and when that becomes to exhausting they activate an electromagnetic field from subatomic pellets they swallowed upon leaving their home planet’s gravity, which would allow them to stay together by their force of will easier than Earth’s gravity allows.”

“Ok and the traveling through soil, I see here in the battle against Cadet Nephus?” What rank is he?”

“Cadet Nephus is ranked at 100 as of the scrimmages.”
“Cadet Dune took out a water caster with that move. He… or would it be they computer?”

“Dune has chosen to use male pronounces and he would be suitable.”

“Well he did a killer move on Cadet Nephus. Traveling across the court underground and then circling Cadet Nephus. Now this is the genius part. First he springs up in one spot which Cadet Nephus blast and instantly and second and then a third body rise from the circle of dirt pummeling him till he’s reformed over top of Cadet Nephus and this is the coolest part. He just walks away from him and Cadet Nephus is lying on the ground unconscious. It’s like something out of a movie.” Captain Allon laughed a bit.

“That’s a great tactic. Why wasn’t this cadet ranked higher?”

“Unfortunately as skilled in tactics as he is and his ability to manipulate his body is impressive he was stopped in his tracks by Cadet Sunrizze, who used her fireballs to turn him into harden glass essentially freezing him and once he cooled down, his will was restored as was his body and he unharmed. But his strength and durability weren’t as high as Cadet Blok’s. He also showed little resistance to mental manipulation as he was taken over faster than any other cadet on recorded today.”

“Who did that?” Captain Allon’s curiosity was peeked.

“He calls himself Titanor; he’s a telepath from Titan, who specializes in mental control over communication. But his personality test and his lack of any real fighting skills placed him at dead last as the 340th placed cadet.”

“Understandable. From the read out’s in his profile I’d say scary is an understatement when it comes to this guys control issues and illusions of grandeur.” Captain Allon said as he swiped Titanor’s holo file away. Gim stood at the center of the display area with the full body holo images standing around him. Tapping Cadet Dune’s image it disappeared shimmering away.

Last edited by Omni; 04/28/15 07:35 PM.

Omni #849432 04/28/15 07:23 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Three to go. Computer let’s play a little roulette; spin the holo images and whichever one ends up directly in front of me will be given our full attention.” Captain Allon smiled as he watched the holo’s spin.

As suddenly as they stated spinning they stopped but instead of revealing one of the full body holo images instead stood a holo image of Untied Planet’s President Chu scowl and all.

“Good afternoon President Chu!” Captain Allon said with a gulp and wide eyes.

“Good Afternoon Captain. I hope I’m not interrupting.” President Chu said as a wide smile spread across her face.

“Of course not. What can I do for you Madame President?” Captain Allon instantly took he’s standard stance when waiting for orders; hands behind his back and feet spread apart slightly.
“I just wanted to check in on our newest Captain and special training squad. I wish I could have been there for the inaugural address.”

“Yes, that would have made the day very special indeed. But we do understand that you are very busy.”

“Yes a Presidents job is never done and as much as this was a social call to check in on you dear Captain. I’m afraid there is some business at hand.”

“What would that be Madam President?” Captain Allon’s curiosity was peeked but he was afraid of what she could possibly want from him. he hopped it wasn’t to shut things down before they even got started.

“Yes. We have a bit of a situation and the regular Science Police unit on the Lunar base doesn’t seem to be as equipped to deal with this sort of situation.”

“Madam President I’m afraid I’m not following. Was there an attack on the Moon from Mordru?”

“No. No of course not. if that were the case all alarms would be a go and this conversation wouldn’t have even been happening. However we do have a situation involving a non registered power capable person.”

“All due respect Madam President but you can call them super powered beings and I’m sorry but I’m still not understanding what my prospective special unit and trainees have to do with this non registered super being.”

“Captain to put it bluntly I want your special squad to capture this individual and bring him in. I want him captured and registered and if necessary locked away for a long time.”

“Madam President this squad isn’t being trained to capture the unregistered like some hounds. We’re here to protect people just like every other Science Police unit and also to be frank Madam President we’re training to take on the threats Mordru posses to the Untied Planets.” Captain Allon’s gaze became very stern and determined.

“Captain with all due respect. But your squad will have other duties outside of those you’ve mentioned and as you said your job is to protect the people of the United Planets and part of that job is protecting them from those who are unregistered and pose harm to the greater good. This particular individual poses a great threat and I want your squad to take care of the situation.”

“Madam President I haven’t even put together a squad yet. I’m still going through all the cadets. They haven’t even had any training.” Captain Allon stammered out. He wanted the squad to succeed but this was crazy and all happening a little bit too fast. He and the other instructors hadn’t even fully discussed how this would all work with this many cadets.

“We’ll I suggest you pick a squad and send them to the Lunar base and capture this individual. He’s threatening one of the most influential business men in the galaxy and he needs special help. I’ve received the reports from your A.I. system and I saw the footage of that squad you captured. There was no way I couldn’t. they made the feeds.”

“I didn’t see anything on the feeds about them.”

“That was before we suppressed that. We didn’t need that information getting out and causing a panic about unregistered people flying around destroying public property. As much as everyone accepts racial gifts we all know how dangerous they can be unchecked and untrained. The United Planets goes to great lengths to protect its citizens and that includes the keeping some things from them. Just as we’ve down played the Mordru situation as your well aware of Captain.”

“Yes Madam President.”

“Are we on the same page Captain?”

“Yes Madam President.”

“Good. I’ve sent you the details of the mission. Have everything ready within the next two hours. Good day Captain.” Instantly the holo image of President Chu blinked away.

Captain Allon finally took a breath as hit white hover chair glided over to him as he plopped down into it.

“Computer get officers Shvaughn Erin and Gigi Cuzmon on the line. This sure changes things.” Captain Allon said as he quickly sat up and began bring up the specks of the mission.

Re: PZH update 4/30/15 Defining Moments
Omni #849526 04/30/15 01:25 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Fifth floor “The couple’s suit.”

“Angel, are you hungry at all? I could grab you something from the kitchenette.” Jo asked as he lifted his head to look at Tinya.

“Hmm… no I’m fine thank you. Jo do you think Sandy hates me?” Tinya looked out the window. Their side of the suit faced the bay. Tinya looked out onto the glistening water as it reflected the Sun.

“I don’t think she hates you. you apologized and if she still has an issue after that then it’s her own and there’s nothing you can do about it. So come lay back down with me. It’s been forever since we’ve been able to cuddle for hours on end and just be.” Jo stretched out his hand and his big brown eyes wide as he gave Tinya his best puppy dog eyes he could.

“I know Jo. I guess it is still hard seeing people who I have consider friends not know me. It’s almost as bad as coming back from the dead and feeling like a stranger in your own life.”

Tinya hugged herself slightly. She had come to terms with her merger with her other self she found in the 21st century but at times she still felt the tings of feeling like a fish out of water. Even looking at Jo sometimes triggered the feeling. When they first merged Phase could barely stand Jo’s touch and now she found herself thrilled by it all over again as if they were newlyweds. Tinya really did feel like two separate people sometimes but she was glad for one thing, both of them loved Jo. Tinya smiled as she felt Jo come and stand behind her and put his strong arms around her. the tussle of chest hair against her back was soft. Instantly Tinya turned herself into in and took Jo’s scent in as her face nestled into his chest. Jo did the same when he brought his face down into Tinya’s raven hair.

“Back to bed?”

“Back to bed.” Tinya said with a smile and sly wink as she phased through him and jumped onto the bed.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 01:33 AM.

Omni #849527 04/30/15 01:32 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Couple’s suit Common room.

“Garth could you grab me a Kana rings Shake from the dispensary?” Imra called from the couches.

“Sure. I’m also going to make some pop corn for the movie.” Garth called from the kitchenette.

“Thank you. I can’t wait to just watch a movie and zone out and thank you again for this amethyst stone. It’s beautiful.”

“I’m glad you like it. While you were in the shower I read that it’s supposed to help with..”

“With psychic protection and enhance many of those abilities such as telepathy. I know Garth.” Imra said with a smile as she looked down and played with her new necklace.

“Haha right, sorry. I just wanted to give you a nice present that might help with relaxing you. You’ve been on edge since you saw Validus during half time.

“Things just keep coming. I know that this is a different reality but it is a little tough to see that our enemies may be our new classmates and I guess I keep waiting for the next thing to happen. Every time we think we have something figured out here, there’s another curve thrown our way.”

Garth came into the common seating area and handed Imra her drink.

“That’s life in the Legion.” Garth smiled simply.

“But are we even Legion anymore? I mean we’re basically making a life for ourselves here and well none of us have asked why. Why can’t we leave? We’ve left every other reality if it wasn’t suitable.”

“Imra why do you want to go back into the void and leave this reality?”

“I don’t want to go back into the void. But I think I’m just not sure what were fighting for. The legion doesn’t exist in this reality and seemingly none of us have counter parts. If any of us did it would have showed when we registered. That means we could create normal lives here for ourselves. No Legion. No bad guys.”
“Imra if you want to retire we can. We can live a life here and be reserves for those who may want to still be a Legion or in our case a family. We’ve all been through so much and we’re more than just a team of super heroes at this point.”

“I know Garth. It just seems like we’re fighting for something, when aside from each other there’s nothing left to fight for.”

“There’s always something to fight for. But I understand what you mean.” Garth’s blue eyes watered a little.

“Garth….are you ok? I know I’ve been distant and preoccupied but I’ve felt something push at your mind since you and Ayla were released.”

“Imra I’m sorry I’ve been trying not to deal with it. But my parents are dead and they were killed by Mekt.” Garth’s voice grew cold as he said his brother’s name.

“But Garth that’s just it. These aren’t your parents and this Mekt is not your brother. You even said there is no record of yours and Ayla’s birth. But you feel such a strong emotional tether to them. It radiates from you.”

“I know Imra. I know that logically but my heart breaks at hearing that happen. I guess in any reality.”

“Garth its more than that. I can feel it.” Imra’s eyes searched Garths.

“I know. I can feel it too. But I don’t know what to tell you Imra. It’s how I feel. This reality is different than any we’ve been in before. It feels like it could be home…”

“It does…maybe that’s why I feel so unsettled because logically I know it’s not home. But it still feels like it is.”

“How about for now we just enjoy this feeling. Before the next curve gets thrown and we’ll figure out this mystery later on?” Garth put his arm around Imra as he pulled her in for a hug.

“Ok.” Imra said as she played with her amethyst necklace and took a sip of her Kana rings shake.

As the two of them settled in to watch the movie and the holo screen erupted into life. But instead of the movie they were about to watch Captain Allon’s face appeared on the screen.

“Attention cadet’s sorry for the interruption as I promised all of you the rest of the day to yourselves but I need to inform you of two things. First I have determined how our school will be run. you’ve all been assed and been split into three different classes. First there is the Alpha class consisting of those cadets who show the most promise of making the special unit and will participate in actual Science Police missions from time to time. the second class is the beta class those who show promise but may need a bit of extra training. The last squad is the Omega class, those who may need the most training. Your class designations will be sent to your Omnicom’s. Secondly we have a situation that has arisen and will be a great first training opportunity. The following cadets please report to the hanger bay on sub level 2. Cadet Garth Ranzz, Cadet Ardeen, Cadet Wazzo-Nah, Cadet Durgo, Cadet Rehtu, Cadet Orgnats, Cadet Blok, and Cadet Gates.”

“And there’s that curve.” Garth said with a stretch.

“Yup and I’ve already told Tinya.” Imra said with her right hand at her temple.

Then I guess we better get dressed. They went into their room and quickly dressed in their standard issue training suits. Neither of them had warn these since the early days of the Legion.

“I never thought I’d say I missed my uniform.” Imra said as she finished dressing.

“I never realized how much I love you in blue, Saturn Girl.” Garth stood behind Imra in the mirror with a devilish grin spreading across his face.

“We should go.” Imra said as she gently pushed him away and took his hand and they left for the hanger.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 01:34 AM.

Omni #849528 04/30/15 01:36 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
On the 69th floor. Vi and Lu’s suite.

“I guess I’ll be missing girl’s night.” Lu said with a frown as she split and Purple Lu smirked.

“Oh that’s a shame. I was looking forward to getting to know you ladies.” Cadet Candi said.

“Ladies? You know were one person right?” Lu Orange asked.

“Of course. I know silly. But it’s clear as day you’re not like most Craggiates. Your temperaments are very different and I’ve always loved getting different perspectives. We’ll have to get dinner if you get back in time and who knows you could even make it back in time.” Candi said with a wide smile as she brushed her green hair.

“Well I don’t know how late girls nights going to be Candi. We do have to be up at 6:00am.” Vi chimed in as she entered from her and Candi’s room.

“True dear. You look absolutely glowing by the way. That must have been a great work out.” Candi noticed.

“Yes. It was.” Vi said shyly before she shot Lu a sublet look.

“Gim?” Lu thought to Vi through the telepathic earplugs.

“Yes” Vi thought back and smiled.

“We’ll ladies have fun tonight.” Lu said as she recombined with a salute to Vi, Candi, and Cadet Lonny Evening. Candi had met her in the commissary and invited her up for the girl’s night early. The two had bonded over fashion magazines as she left the suit.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 01:37 AM.

Re: PZH update 4/30/15 Hands of fate
Omni #849529 04/30/15 01:46 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Sub Level 2 hanger bay 1:

Roll Call: Captain Allon, Cadet Garth Ranzz, Cadet Ardeen, Cadet Wazzo-Nah, Cadet Durgo, Cadet Rehtu, Cadet Orgnats, Cadet Blok, and Cadet Gates.

The cadets filtered into the hanger. Captain Allon stood at the hatch to the ship. He was double checking the checklist for the cruiser.

“Ping! Ping!”

“Good everyone is present and accounted for.” Captain Allon said as his Omnicom made the pinging sound.

“As you’ve guessed your nannites have been turned back on. But don’t worry it’s just in a monetary capacity. I’ll explain who our mission is once we board the cruiser.”

“Can you at least tell us where we’re going Captain?” Cadet Orgnats asked making her presence known to the others who hadn’t been paying attention as they walked in.

Cadets Ranzz, Ardeen, Wazzo-Nah, and Durgo smiled politely as they met her amber gaze. She smiled brightly back. Each of them were starting to not be shocked by who they see here anymore but they were happy that there was a Jenny here.

“Were headed to the moon.” Captain Allon said as he looked back with a smile.

Imra looked at him and saw the wariness in his eyes and mind. the stress of not failing was clearly on his mind. Imra had trouble ignoring it.

Quickly they entered the cruiser and took off.

“Team were headed to the moon to McCauley Industries Lunar Headquarters. Mr. McCauley has been trapped in his office suite for the past month due to a quote un quote “beast” that has been terrorizing the entire complex. Majority of the staff and Science Police officers there have been killed.

However the “beast” is actually a super being. He’s a sentient known by the name of Mano from Angtu. He went missing a few months ago. He’s a known protester of chemical weapons and leader of several groups over the years that have done their best to rid Angtu of chemical weapons entirely. He’s been arrested several times but never for violent acts. Mostly breaking and entering for freeing animals in his early years and of course most recently. Which was the last time Mano was seen. He was arrested for breaking into McCauley Industries’ headquarters. Once he was released on bail he went missing. He didn’t appear for court for sentencing and his family hadn’t seen him in days. A small investigation was launched but not much was found. It was assumed he went underground to continue his crusade to save his planet. A warrant has been out for his arrest. But now he’s surfaced on the moon with enhanced powers and seems to still be bent on revenge by destroying McCauley.”

“Captain if I may, how did he get to the moon without being noticed?” Cadet Garth Ranzz asked.

“That is a good question cadet. the working theory is he stowed away one a few freight ships once his enhancements healed. We’ve been asked to subdue him and bring him in. I think it’s possible to reform him and add him to our numbers.”

“But he’s a known killer.” Cadet Blok said simply his rock features unmoving and seemingly innocent.

Cadet Rehtu leaned forward and shifted his glowing warn orange eyes back and forth not meeting anyone’s gaze.

“That maybe true but I believe everyone is redeemable.” Captain Allon said taking the lead.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 01:47 AM.

Omni #849530 04/30/15 01:48 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“And that’s what we’ll do. Now I’d like to explain his power set. Mano has the ability to disintegrate anything with the touch of his left hand. His touch is extremely deadly and you do not want him to touch you even for a second. Each of you will be outfitted with these cuffs that cut off his powers. Remember you are to subdue and capture.

Lu raised an eye brow at Imra.

“This seems all too familiar Imra.” Lu thought as they continued to listen to Captain Allon.

“I know this seems a lot like our first missing to retrieve Mano.” Imra thought back.

“Does that seem odd to you Lu?”

“Yes. But I’m not sure why.”

“Me either. But it seems like we’re destined to keep making introductions quickly.” Imra said as they both gave Cadet Ognats and quick look.

“We’ll be splitting up into teams of two. But Cadet Ardeen will have us linked at all times along with the help of your telepathic earplugs which are standard issue.”Captain Allon’s caught Imra’s attention when he referenced her specifically.

“That’s why no one ever said anything about ours. They assumed we got them issued to us somehow.”Lu thought to the small group of Legionnaires.

“It seems so.” Imra thought skeptically.

“Cadet’s Ardeen and Ranzz will take point with me in our search on the main building, where McCauley’s office is. Cadet Durgo and Cadet Ognats are paired on wing two. While Cadet Blok, and Cadet Gates will take on wing three and Cadet Wazzo-Nah and Cadet Rehtu will search wing one. Once you’ve completed your searches meet back at the main building at McCauley’s office suit. Where if need be we will lay a trap from Mano and as a last resort we will extract McCauley and his people and place the Lunar base on lock down.

They all saw the look on Captain Allon’s face. They saw he was worried but he had faith in them.

“Alright people let’s get this done. As my first alpha squad I’ve got faith in you. Good luck and be safe.” Captain Allon said as they landed at McCauley Industries Lunar base.

Slowly exiting the cruiser Captain Allon lead them into the barren and trashed hanger. About them were holes and disintegrated boxes and planes.

“OH MY SPROKE!” Cadet Ognats jumped back as she saw the dead decayed bodies of the crew and Science police.

“Think even someone who can do this be redeemed Captain?” Cadet Ranzz asked in a hush whisper as they all locked around a bit more closely and saw not just the boxes, wholes and disintegrated planes but the carnage of the decaying dead bodies that were thrown about.

Omni #849531 04/30/15 04:50 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Hmmm it will be interesting to see the Legion having to fight Mano without letting on that they are familiar with him!

Good job introducing McCauley too, I always liked the idea of him as a character if not necessarily always the way he was written!

Omni #849542 04/30/15 08:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Great stuff Omni,

Somehow I just don't feel sorry for McCauley, I'm almost wishing for 'the beast' to get a hold of him.

I loved Vi and Gim still flirting and hope it leads to something sweet as neither of them have ever really had it too easy. Gim realising, and relishing the idea, that Vi was checking him out was fun. Nicely written.

You are introducing a lot of characters and to be honest, between this story, IBs tales and my own I'm getting confused at who is from which reality, would it be possible to have a breakdown of who's who and from where please?

President Chu is a bitch in every reality then?

Jo and Tinya always struck me as the most sexually active of the group (not that I gave it too much thought really) so it's no surprise for them to be enjoying an afternoon in bed. It's great that you slip these scenes in between the serious Captain Allon work and action scenes.

It's an interesting group you've picked to handle Mano, I'd have expected a lot of long range blaster types so he doesn't get the opportunity to touch them, so this will be an interesting confrontation.

Nice of Garth to give Imra that amesthyst stone, it's good to read their continual relationship growth, and Garth saying looked good in blue was also sweet.

Poor Lu having to miss out on a night with thegirls. Though who is Lonny Evening? An established character or one of your own?

Cadet Rehtu is a shifty sod isn't he? I bet you have interesting plans for him.

Interesting that a couple of the team are starting to discuss this reality and the convenient coincidences, this is a nice slow burning plot line.

Jenni's reactions to finding the corpses is spot on, she was never the hardened warrior that a few of the others became.

Looking forward to seeing what you have for us next Omni, more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
razsolo #849558 04/30/15 03:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by razsolo
Hmmm it will be interesting to see the Legion having to fight Mano without letting on that they are familiar with him!

Good job introducing McCauley too, I always liked the idea of him as a character if not necessarily always the way he was written!

Thanks Raz i'm glad your liking my introductions for some classic Legion characters.

I hope i can do justice to get people to like or hate him more.

The legion will do their best i'm sure. but its hard to hold back. i think its just a question of whose maybe the one to blow it for the team.

Harbinger #849559 04/30/15 04:10 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by Harbinger
Somehow I just don't feel sorry for McCauley, I'm almost wishing for 'the beast' to get a hold of him.

Lol he isn't a very nice man at all but i hope i can get you to love to hate him.

I loved Vi and Gim still flirting and hope it leads to something sweet as neither of them have ever really had it too easy. Gim realising, and relishing the idea, that Vi was checking him out was fun. Nicely written.

Thank you! i'm going to do my best to give these two some happiness. but just remember with every bit of sunshine a little rain must fall. So things won't be too easy for them.

You are introducing a lot of characters and to be honest, between this story, IBs tales and my own I'm getting confused at who is from which reality, would it be possible to have a breakdown of who's who and from where please?

I'll do my best Harbinger. I'll actually be starting a trick that i saw from your story about a roll call for each post. So thank you for that.

I will be doing a score card soon to update everyone on where we stand.

President Chu is a bitch in every reality then?

Yes! yes she is.

Jo and Tinya always struck me as the most sexually active of the group (not that I gave it too much thought really) so it's no surprise for them to be enjoying an afternoon in bed. It's great that you slip these scenes in between the serious Captain Allon work and action scenes.

thank you! I kind of always felt that way too and they were the first ones in this reality to have a kid. Plus i think they would just want alone time. in the reboot era they always seemed so insular. but not in a bad way.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 04:13 PM.

Omni #849560 04/30/15 04:11 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
It's an interesting group you've picked to handle Mano, I'd have expected a lot of long range blaster types so he doesn't get the opportunity to touch them, so this will be an interesting confrontation.

interesting is how i like it. and there is a very specific reason i choose who i did. but the question is can you see the reasoning. tongue

Nice of Garth to give Imra that amesthyst stone, it's good to read their continual relationship growth, and Garth saying looked good in blue was also sweet.

thank you. i think that's the hardest thing to write couples who aren't necessarily in crisis and keeping them interesting and growing. i like to try and give each of these couples their moments to explore these long lasting relationships.

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 04:14 PM.

Omni #849561 04/30/15 04:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Poor Lu having to miss out on a night with the girls. Though who is Lonny Evening? An established character or one of your own?

Lonny Evening is Ink's real name. she didn't have one in the comics so i gave her one.

Cadet Rehtu is a shifty sod isn't he? I bet you have interesting plans for him.

I think i do. i just hope you find them as interesting smile

Interesting that a couple of the team are starting to discuss this reality and the convenient coincidences, this is a nice slow burning plot line.

Thank you! I'm glad your noticing these things. this is definitely going to be a very slow burn.

Jenni's reactions to finding the corpses is spot on, she was never the hardened warrior that a few of the others became.

Very true and that's the thing i love about her.

thanks again for continuing to read Harbinger!

Last edited by Omni; 04/30/15 04:15 PM.

Omni #849599 05/01/15 01:01 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
There are definitely a lot of parallels with the original reality's history!

Garth, Imra, Lu, Tinya, and Jenni and Gim - the original cadets who faced off against Mano (minus of course the others who chose not to be cadets). Interesting to have Blok, Gates and Jeem Rehtu along. That last one is an unknown quantity.

Also nice to see some versions of Postboot villains on your list of cadets. Stheno, Twine, Titanor... Tharok and Validus and Persuader. I think you handled their introductions quite well.

Looking forward to see what's next!

Omni #849630 05/01/15 04:29 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks I for the continued support!!!

Sadly there was no Persuader in the bunch. But where Tharok, Validus,and Mano are around I'm sure he's not far behind.

Lots more coming soon!

Omni #849646 05/01/15 06:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, silly me. I thought Cadet Chey-Nu was Persuader. But he's Lazon while Persuader is Nyeun Chun Ti. Oops!

Re: PZH update 5/5/15 Legion Recap
Omni #850049 05/05/15 06:48 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Legion Recap.

The Legion has entered new reality and trying to make a life for themselves. Splitting into two factions. These are the tales of the Legion of Super Heroes in Universe 248; a universe that exist one vibrational frequency away from Universe 247. Making this place both familiar and strange to the Legion.

10 Legionnaires along with 330 others have entered into the United Planets Science Police Cadet program under the tutelage of Captain Gim Allon; which will train them to face the likes of Mordru. After scrimmages and initial readings by the U.P.’s nannite program the cadets have been broken up into three classes; Alpha, Beta, and Omega. All of which are transitional and cadets can be promoted or demoted as the inaugural training year proceeds.

Alpha – these are the cream of the crop of the cadets and the ones to advance the fastest to the special unit. These students will participate in Science Police missions as part of their training.

Beta – these cadets are those who are good but need more training.

Omega- are those that need the most training and attention.

The top 31 for the potential squad have been charted and make up much of the Alpha class.
Legion Cadets from U-247:
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication.
Triad - Luornu Durgo –able to triplicate
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time.
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and gigantic size at will. m
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster.
Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. energy blast capable of causing decay.
Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation.

The remaining top 30 (from U-248)
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of unknown – heat and light generation and manipulation
Cadet Gates of Vyrga – teleportation disks
Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu- super strength
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Brek Bannin of Tharr – Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Cadet Blok of Dryad- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. mass increase.
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jeem Rehtu of Preztor – creates hallucinations in those he touches. Limited mental link.
Cadet Rol Purtha of Naltor – precognitive dreams.
Cadet Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, Mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Cadet Stheno of unknown - turns people to stone
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Cadet Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.

Recently President Chu has ordered Captain Allon to take a squad to capture a super powered being that has been terrorizing McCauley Industries Lunar base for a month and essentially taking hostage CEO Leland McCauley.

The Alpha squad chosen for this mission is : Cadet Garth Ranzz, Cadet Ardeen, Cadet Wazzo-Nah, Cadet Durgo, Cadet Rehtu, Cadet Orgnats, Cadet Blok, and Cadet Gates.

Last edited by Omni; 05/05/15 06:53 PM.

Omni #850053 05/05/15 07:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Legion Recap part II
The Legion has entered new reality and trying to make a life for themselves. Splitting into two factions. These are the tales of the Legion of Super Heroes in Universe 248; a universe that exist one vibrational frequency away from Universe 247. Making this place both familiar and strange to the Legion.

The free squad of Legionnaires have taken up residency in the Marina Bay area of Metropolis in their secret headquarters. They’ve been tasked with trying to find their missing teammates, Shikari and Timber Wolf.

The free squad:
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn. – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg – invisibility
Dreamer – Nura Nal – precognition
Gear - I.Z.O.R. – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr – generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle – shape shifting
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.
Karate Kid -Val Armorr – master of all known martial arts.

Missing:
Shikari and Timber Wolf. captured by Grimbor while trying to save Officer’s Shvaughn Erin and Gigi Cuzmon.

En route to Colu
Brainy has been ordered back to Colu and ride himself and Andromeda of the nannites.

The Legionnaires have been very busy since their teammates left for the academy.

Cosmic Boy and Wildfire were captured by Domain, an old foe of Cosmic Boy’s from their home reality. With the help of Sensor and Gear they were freed and Domain was captured and put under house arrest within Legion headquarters.

Shikari and Timber Wolf are still missing but an energy signature was found. Sadly it’s a game of wait and see.

Invisible Kid has been doing research on their new home and the mysterious “Lead Virus” which lead to the quarantine of Daxam. Invisible Kid has found a connection between Daxam’s quarantine and the release of Mordru from his tomb. After Mordru viciously attacked The Chthalonia System, doctors and nurses were to be sent in abundance when the virus struck Daxam. Many of the case files on the lead virus were faked. Only 5 were treated for the lead virus that were doctors; stopping them from going to the Chthalonia System.

While en route to Colu Brainy has discovered after the painful extraction of the nannites from his system and Andromeda’s that they originated around the same time as the quarantine and Mordru’s return.

Then Dreamer walked in with a vision of Presidential Candidate Jenny Chu and Mysa the hag as Mordru’s emissary. While with Invisible Kid she saw another vision of the two women with the Emerald Eye on Yuen the release place of Mordru, leading them to a possible trip to the “Dead World” and Yuen.

this has been your Legion recap.
stay tuned for more.

Last edited by Omni; 05/05/15 07:58 PM.

Omni #850054 05/05/15 08:49 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for the recap, Omni! Quite a lot has happened and this is certainly turning out to be an interesting new world.

I like how many "versions" of both Postboot and Preboot characters are present as well, and how you have updated many of them (like Gim and Berta).

Omni #850058 05/06/15 01:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Exciting stuff! Thanks omni, your recap is greatly appreciated, I'm looking forward to where you take it from here.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #850059 05/06/15 01:42 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Exciting stuff! Thanks omni, your recap is greatly appreciated, I'm looking forward to where you take it from here.

Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,064
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star