Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
Re: PZH update 5/27/17 Girls night pt2
Omni #852423 05/27/15 05:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Truth to that. Now how about we start the movie?” Candi said grabbing her Omnicom to bring down the screen.”

“Wait what about Lonny and Theena they didn’t say how they got here.” Vi said trying to still include them.

“Oh I well, my family escaped from Mordru’s territory. Now what movie are we watching?” Lonny’s hands rubbed together as she tried to reach for the Omnicom to see what the choices were.

“Well I’m here because they are studying me and this little guy here. He saved my life when we bonded when I was in a cave in accident on Calaton. The symbiote is native to the planet and well honestly I was about to die when he came along.”

“Oh my, you poor dear.” Candi said holding her large green hand to her heart.

“Don’t feel sorry for me. I’m more than happy to be this guys host after he saved my life and we work great together.” Theena beamed a little while she stroked the arms. She felt whole with the symbiote and before she always felt like she was searching for something.

“I’m not ready for the movie yet. I’d rather talk about some of the hunky cadets and officers I’ve seen around.” April chimed in.

“A cat after my own heart.”Susa laughed.

“My I saw this nice piece of beef walking around after the scrimmages near the medical tents. I’d love to get my hair on him.” Susa confessed her guard relaxing a little as the silverale finally started to kick in for a nice buzz.

“What did he look like?” Ayla asked as she shot Vi a look.

“Hmmm muscular, brown hair and puppy dog brown eyes with an earring with a little bit of scruff. I bet he likes it a little rough.” She said with a smirk.

“He prefers a lighter touch actually.” Tinya said as the door to the suite had opened revealing Tinya, Lu, Imra, and Jenny returning from their first Alpha class mission.

“And how would you know?”

“Because I’m his wife.” Tinya said triumphantly. No matter the reality Tinya couldn’t help but love to rub it into Susa’s face that Jo choose her.

“Oh. Well congratulations on having a hunky husband.” Susa leaned back in her floating white chair her tendrils of hair braiding themselves.

“Oooo welcome home ladies! Lu! See I knew you’d make it back in time! we were just starting to dish on the cuties of the academy there’s food over there and we were just discussing mister Jo Nah, the Ultra Boy himself.”

“That’s the second time I’ve heard you call my husband that. Where did you get that name from?”

“It just something that comes to mind whenever I think of him. I used to make the names for the Uncanny Amazers back on Xanthu and he just looks like an “Ultra Boy” to me.
“That’s very interesting. What names would you think up for the rest of us?” Tinya asked taking a seat in between her and Lonny.

“Well dear you’re a ghost, a total phantom…maybe Apparition?” Candi smiled brightly.

“You’ve sure got a talent for code names.”

“Thanks.”

“Well what’s your name for Captain puuurfect butt?” April purred as she sat up giving some room for the other girls to sit down.

“hahha. I think that’s pretty accurate.” Candi laughed.

“Vi, weren’t you working out with the Captain in the gym earlier?” Berta asked.

“I was. We went for a few runs.” Vi said shyly doing her best to stay cool about it.

“So you got to watch that butt in action. Girl you’ve got to tell was it even better up close?” Jenni squealed.

“Yes, it was even better up close.” Vi’s shy smile spread across her face as she blushed a little.

“OoooIknewit!Youcantellheworksout!.” Jenni’s excitement showing as she speed talked.

“He’s not the only one. There are tones of guys here.” Lydda said.

“What about you Lonny?” Candi asked as she Lonny was the only true non sentient in the room even though she looked like the most typical humanoid out there.

“Eh I’ll take a nice ink sack any day. But I guess if I had to think someone was cute I’d say Blok. Those rocky arms look like they could be fun to slink over.” Lonny’s bright blue eyes sparkled as they turned an inky black before Lonny blinked and they were blue again.

“Blok is a sweet heart from the little I got to talk to him during the mission.” Lu chimed in returning from her room and changed out of her standard blue uniform.

“Yeah how was the first mission?” Jazmin asked.

“It was intense!” Jenni explained running back over in a burst of speed from the food table.
“It was and we saw a lot of horrible stuff. But things worked out and Mano was captured.” Imra answered instinctively trying to keep this part of the conversation short.

“Right. There’s plenty of time for missions later. I say we start this movie.” Candi said as she clapped brought down the lights on them all and began Guardians of Gelo’s IV.”

“I love this movie!” Lonny shouted as the lights dimed

“Ugh I hate this movie.”

Everyone looked at Susa but she raised her hands.

“Wasn’t me. I actually like this one.”

“No, it was me and you would.” Berta said closing her eyes and choosing to meditate till the movie was over.

The rest of the girls quieted down settled into watch the movie.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: TotL: in U-248 5/28/17 One more good night.
Omni #852503 05/28/15 08:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to Colu

Brainiac 5 -12th level intelligence. Force field projection.
Laurel Grand aka Laurel Hylya – flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

Brainy worked in the lab to finalize his own version of the nannite bracelet for himself and Laurel to ware to allow them to stay on the grid while not being controlled by Representative Gux or anyone else in the United Planets. Laurel laid still on a floating bench table nearby. Brainy had grabbed a few blankets to keep her warm as the lab was kept rather cold. It was a rather sterile environment. Brainy knew this was a standard lab but he couldn’t help but wonder if the Brainiac 4 of this reality had used this lab and used it often. He also wondered if this Brainiac 4 was like his mother.

“Hmm…if I just adjust the frequency of the nannites to mimic that of the original injection that should activate it properly. I wonder if this reality’s Brainiac 4 had used this lab enough to stock it with a frequency tuner. If this Brainiac 4 was like my mother then there should be every conceivable piece of equipment she could possibly need on every ship. Always a contingency plan for the psycho and sociopathic that she was.” Brainy thought to himself as he searched the lab.

Brainy’s hands glided over hidden draws along several work benches before finding the frequency tuner.

“I guess they do share something’s in common. Most of those draws had a time touch sequence on them that lock after the second incorrect pattern automatically. Interesting choice. I wonder why this Brainiac 4 went with a time touch sequence instead of a numerical or even biological touch. Actually I wonder if I can access any information on Brainiac 4. On my world it was restricted.”

Brainy finished fine tuning the nannite bracelets for him and Laurel from the nannites that were extracted from their bodies. The frequency tuner glowed a bright blue as its fine laser tip touched Brainy’s bracelet. Instantly Brainy’s bracelet began to shimmer with a green hue making the tight bracelet around his wrist look like it was made of blackened emeralds. Then the glow died down to the nannites raven black color.

“Interesting.”

Brainy applied Laurel’s bracelet to her wrist. Following the same procedure and using the frequency tuner it glowed brightly with a solid orange hue sparkling like his did.

“Done and all without waking her. Now let’s see what I can learn about Brainiac 4.”

Brainy sat at the closest consol to Laurel so that he could keep an eye on her. Brainy’s fingers glided across the consol lighting up his face in a bright bluish pink hue. The files on Brainiac 4 were all open. Not a single file was locked. Instantly her slender face and long blond hair with piercing green eyes was staring back at him on the holo screen. Her feats on Colu lead to great developments here and she was still just as dedicated and isolated. Unlike any of the other Brainiac’s in the line there are no personal files. No outside interest that drove her intellect to better Colu. She simply excelled at all areas but cared for none of them.

“She’s much like the locked flies I got from Colu about my mother. Interesting how similar the flies seem actually.” Brainy pulled out his Omnicom and pulled up the file he had on his mother. All designs, patents, inventions, were the same. Even the timelines for them matched.

“The only difference is there seems to be neurological test done on my mother and personality tests. Even evaluations of her personality. There are also files on my father or rather the sperm donor as the files label him. I’ve never given much thought to my father to be honest. I’ll have to look it to later.” Brainy thought to himself as he continued to compare the files.

The two women known as Brainiac 4 were identical in every public way. But there were no were no personal files of this reality’s Brainiac 4. Brainy searched her disappearance date and it was just days before the test in his mother’s personal files began. The eerie coincidence wasn’t lost on Brainy.

“This might be another piece in the puzzle of this being our home reality. It is definably the reason there are no doppelgangers of us here. Although its interesting that there are no records of some of us at all, like myself.” Brainy recorded his lasted suspicions into his Omnicom.

Last edited by Omni; 05/28/15 08:33 PM.

Omni #852504 05/28/15 08:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Beeep! Beep!

“Representative Gux is here to see you Brainiac 5. Shall I open the door?” The ships computer toned.

“Yes Computer let him in.”

“Brainiac 5, you locked me out of your lab?”

“Sorry Representative Gux, Laurel was sleeping and I didn’t want anyone to barge in unannounced and wake her. she’s extremely exhausted.” Brainy said without looking up at Rep. Gux from his Omnicom as he made his way to the other side of the lab hoping Rep. Gux would take the hint and follow him.

“There have been reports of screaming coming from various crew members on the ship. Are you doing some strange experiments to your companion and if so can’t they wait till we’re planet side?” Rep. Gux said with the politest smile he could muster through his veil of contempt.

“Sadly no they couldn’t but everything is taken care of now.” Brainy crossed his arms and looked at Rep. Gux deliberately showcasing his new bracelet as it flashed a glint of green at Rep. Gux.

“What have you done?” Rep Gux’s eyes widened with horror.

“Oh I found a way to extract the nannites myself and I developed a new bracelet. This one is much more form fitting and can only be removed by the wearer. I also boosted its signal strength allowing for check ins from farther away at check points as to not hold up lines when the wireless auto check ins go down and from the reports I’ve read that happens often. If you’d like once we reach planet side I’d be more than happy to figure out away to stop that from happening. Maybe make it a more secure network.” Brainy said smugly.

“Did you hack your way into the nannite systems databanks?”

“Yes. But that was after finding my own way to extract the nannites and invent my own version of the bracelet.”

Rep. Gux’s nostrils flared as his eyes bored into Brainy. But Brainy didn’t flinch.

“I’ll be happy to reconfigure your security systems to make them impenetrable.”

“That would be great. I’m glad you’re willing to put your best foot forward after breaking the law. You’re much like your predecessor.”

“What do you mean? There are no records of her breaking laws. She’s exemplified if anything from what I’ve read.”

“And just as nosy. Those records were erased and in some cases altered to make it look like she was the “hero”. Her experiments were sometimes at great cost to Colu regardless of the benefits. She was smart but reckless. I’d heed learning from her mistakes from now on. I’ll send you the original files so you can do so.” Rep. Gux smiled as he thought he found a chink in Brainiac 5’s armor as he noticed how quickly he came to Brainiac 4’s defense.

“I’ll be sure to read and see if I can make any changes to my behavior to be of better of service to Colu.” Brainy smiled simply.

“Good. I’ll leave you to your work and companion then and I’ll see you in a day or so I’m sure as it’s a big ship and we still have a ways to go before we reach Colu.”

“Four days, 23 minutes and 19 seconds from now to be exact.”

“Glad to see you’re on top of things. Good evening Brainiac 5.” Rep. Gux turned curtly and walked out of the lab.

“Looks like I have another mystery to add to the list. Find out what happened to Brainiac 4, as she may be a key in understanding how we all fit in this reality.” Brainy added to his Omnicom list as he watched Rep. Gux leave his lab.

Last edited by Omni; 05/28/15 08:23 PM.

Omni #852505 05/28/15 08:31 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you everyone for sticking around to read and give your support and comments. Sorry for the blast of post in the past couple days. These were the last ones that needed to get out before a small time jump that will be coming your way.

Stay stunned!

Omni #852534 05/29/15 11:10 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Love your work Omni, you keep us hooked with your action scenes then straight into great character moments. I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop the gang next, what Brainy is up to on Colu, and whether or not Vi will find happiness with Gim.

More, more,more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #852591 05/30/15 01:24 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Don't be sorry, these have been really fun! I love the distinct personalities you've given the girls during their girls' night in...in a very short space you've managed to give them quite a lot of characterisation. I like what you've done with Theena's powers too smile

I echo Harbinger, it's gonna be quite interesting to see what Brainy's up to and also generally to explore more of the mystery of the similarities between this world and the Legion's home.

Omni #852946 06/02/15 11:53 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks again guys! i'm glad you liked these last few post!!

Thanks Raz on the girls characterizations and i'm glad you liked Theens'a powers. when i looked her up it just said she was able to show the past and where her friends are but not how that works. so i figured imprinting made the most sense without going into Dreamer territory.

Brainy's going to have his hands full for sure!

Omni #853377 06/06/15 04:45 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
This is turning into a fun ride! Loved the additions of Lydda, Sussa and Theena. All three are sounding a lot like their other selves, as are Candi and April. Berta's intensity is also a welcome development - helps differentiate her. Loved Tinya walking in JUST as Sussa was talking about Jo. And loved the girl talk - from experience, it sounds like just what happens when a bunch of my female friends get together. Hehe. Also loved developments for Theena, I think her powers will be very useful for the cadet program.

Also love seeing "our" Legionnaires struggle with their past memories. Imra choosing Lu to confide in was telling.

Glad to see Brainy's progress with the nanites, looking forward to him helping the rest of the team. I do think he's being a bit careless with Rep. Gux, he should be a bit more secretive.

Looking forward to more, more, more!

Omni #855090 06/17/15 01:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB,

Brainy may have tipped his hand a little. But it doesn't mean he's given away his game just yet.

I'm glad you liked the girls night and their time together. it was fun to write.

I agree they are a lot like their counter parts. maybe somethings are due for a change. wink

Thank you for the continued support and comments!

Re: TotL: in U-248 6/17/15 Bullseye
Omni #855091 06/17/15 01:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.
Starboy -Thom Kallor - interstellar mass control.
Dreamer – Nura Nal – precognition
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn. – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg – invisibility
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast. (Currently experiencing power changes. Returned Blast-off powers: flight, self propulsion

Thom Kallor exited the cab. He looked around and smelt the fresh sea air. He closed his eyes. He didn’t remember the last time he smelt it. He barely remembered the last time he spent any time on earth once Legion World was built. The sun was shining bright. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“This is home now.” He thought to himself before he opened his eyes.

Thom walked up to the warehouse. It looked like any other warehouse in this yard Thom thought. But once he stood with in steps of the force field that surrounded it. It was clear this wasn’t as ordinary as it seemed. Thom raised his right hand and pointed his ring to the holo screen that had activated.

“Thom Kallor. Star Boy. Welcome.” The screen flashed as the field opened slowly shimmering away.

Once inside Thom saw the new headquarters. It still looked pretty standard.

“I guess they decided to not go with a holo field and just a simple force field.” Thom thought before opening the door. He was excited to get back to the team and to Nura. It had been three days since he saw Nura and Sensor gave them a dream date. I’d woken up the next day but the hospital said they needed to keep me for observation. Especially due to my powers and to make sure the nannites stabilized. I think it was more they just wanted to study me.” Thom thought as he looked around at the new headquarters main floor.

“A gym with a giant pool, a meeting area, a recreation area…a VR room and what looks like a monitor room. Pretty nice.” Thom thought it looked almost as good as their first headquarters; just a bit closer together. But Thom didn’t mind. He thought it felt like home. Thom’s brown eyes widened as he saw Nura running out of the VR room straight towards him. Thom dropped his bag and Nura collided with him. Thom picked her up instantly and spun her around. Taking a deep breath Thom’s nose took in the scent of Nura’s platinum blonde hair.

“Thom! I thought we were going to come and get you?” Nura said as she landed and kissed him on the cheek.

“I didn’t want to trouble anyone. Besides they discharged me early once I cleared yup this Danny Blaine confusion you all started.” Thom said with a raised eye brow.

“Sorry. We thought aliases were a good idea and that was before we knew you were going to enroll with the cadet program.” Nura said with a slight frown as she playfully pulled away from Thom and took his hand leading him further into their new home.

“It’s fine. So where is everyone?”

“Well currently Gear is on Monitory duty, I was doing a VR work out and the others have gone looking for any sign of Timber Wolf and Shikari. The teleportation energy they found at the disappearance site has shown up a couple times over the last few days and there were two at once two day. Wildfire, Lyle, and Rokk took one location; while Sensor, M’Onel, Cham and Val went to check out the other location.”

“So things haven’t quieted down here much I see.” Thom said with a half smile as he maybe had second thoughts about joining the cadets.

“Not really. We’ve discovered President Chu and Mysa were in league about 20 years ago just before Chu won the election and Mordru began his quest to regain his kingdom. Oh and Rokk and Wildfire were trapped in another dimension I think I told you about that in one of our calls well what I forgot to mention was that the mad sentient who kidnapped the two of them is being held in one of the empty rooms.” Nura had led Thom to the recreation area and sat him down on the floating couch.

“You’ve been holding Domain against his will?”

“Yes. But to be fair he’s an alternate reality renegade who could cause more problems for all of us.” Nura spoke casually but she knew she got her point across.

“Is there anything else that’s happened in the last couple days I should be aware of?”

“Oh Wildfire is having some issues….” Nura said.

“What do you mean issues?” Thom asked his eye brow raising.

“She’s referring to my recent power changes. And from what I’ve heard you’ve experienced your fair share of them.” Wildfire said as blasted into the room from the hanger as the glass doors parted sending a small rush of air into the room. Billowing puffs of smoke followed Wildfire as he landed.

“What happened?”

“Don’t know. I reverted to my blast-off powers while Domain had us and they’ve stuck.”

“What about you’re other powers?”

“They seem to still be good old anti-energy. I haven’t phased through a wall or blasted anything with or leaked radiation. So we’re good.” Wildfire said with a thumps up.

“Thom it’s good to have you back even if it’s only for a couple days.” Rokk said shaking Thom’s hand as he rose to meet them.

“Thank you sir.”

“No luck I see boys.” Nura said as she stood as well.

“No the energy signature appears and disappears before we can get there or trace it to its origin. The tracing scramblers on the portal openings are impressive.” Lyle said fading into view.

“We’ve left more of Gear’s trackers there. But I’m not sure how many more we can leave. We’ve been across Metropolis and back and still nothing.” Wildfire said.

“And there doesn’t seem to be too much of a pattern to their appearances either. Some have been clearly testing sights of weapons similar to the cannon residue we found while others have been thefts from armory’s, a power planet or two, garbage and junk yards.” Lyle said as he retreated to the meeting table to upload his omnicom to the system. At the same time the holo projection on the screen came to life with a map of all the tracers.

Thom and the others came around the meeting table. Looking at the map Thom started to notice something.

“Were those your two latest locations?” Thom said pointing to the map.

“Yes. Why?” Lyle asked.

“Connect the dots on the map starting with the last to the first.” Thom said as he looked hard at the holo map.

“What do you see Thom?” Nura asked.

Slowly a red line appeared on the holo screen moving from one dot to the next.

“The center of all your heists and tests is Brande Industries. That could be your next target.”Thom said.

“How did I not notice that before?” Lyle looked at the map and studied it.

“It’s only clear because of those last two points. The shape the dots make once connected looked like a giant bull’s eye.” Thom said as he pointed at them again.

“Then Brande Industries is the next target. But the question is for what, a heist or testing.” Wildfire asked.

They stared at the holo map and all the blinking transmitters. This didn’t look good to any of them.

“I guess I’m sticking around for bit longer.” Thom said as he pulled Nura in for tight hug.

“Do you think we should contact Brande Industries?” Rokk asked crossing his arms.

“Maybe. But we don’t know when the energy signal will appear again. It could be hours from now, days, maybe even weeks.” Lyle said.

“We can’t just do nothing Lyle, especially if it turns out to be both a heist and a testing. You grabbed some of Brande’s files you know that he’s got some new inventions people are after.” Rokk said.

“Yeah but not weapons. Parts and designs that have potential to be weapon-ize maybe. But I agree and we won’t be doing nothing. Cham and I will do routine stakeouts of Brande’s facilities and we’ll leave some surveillance cameras and transmitters behind.”

“Hopefully this will lead us to Brin and Shikari.” Wildfire said.

Last edited by Omni; 06/17/15 02:00 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 6/17/15 A smiple chat
Omni #855093 06/17/15 02:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy

70th floor Captain Allon’s Suite.

Captain Allon sat at his desk in full uniform as he waited for a call from President Chu. It had been a good but long first week at the academy and the cadets had been excelling quickly with this new structure of the alpha class going out on missions with the science police. It’s allowed all of them to put into practice what they’ve been shown in class. Captain Allon looked over the cadet’s mission files. In the last four days since the cadets had arrived they’ve brought in Mano, activist turned one man demolition party, stopped a riot on Shawr, found a missing girl on Toomey VI, and several other small missions. One of the larger missions the cadets helped out with was on M'brai, a rim world that was recently attacked by Mordru’s forces with rehabilitation as they petition for acceptance into the Untied Planets. Mordru has agreed to not attack Untied Planets members but many of the rim worlds with no allegiance get raided or attacked often.

“Another rim world…there has to be a pattern to the worlds he chooses. Many of them in recent months aren’t even anywhere near his old Empire. He must be expanding.” Captain Allon said the A.I. recording his captain’s log.

“The team to M'brai was the entire alpha class and we even pulled in the strongest of the beta class to help find the missing, build and rebuild social centers that were being transformed for hospital care till a proper hospital could be built, and help with all relief aid, passing out supplies and the such. This world had been brought to its knees. But just before Mordru began his final assault he stopped and gave them another two days to join his empire willingly or he would obliterate them. Mordru knew they were of great use with their unique evolutionary system that allows them to leap forward every generation to a different physical state. The M’braian’s current state was that of crystalline humanoids. Their crystal bodies come in every shape and color.” Captain Allon spoke clearly as the A.I. recorded him.

Captain Allon saw what this world was to Mordru as he looked around at the ruins of a ravaged world from the mission logs. They were going to be his power conduits to direct and concentrate his magical energies. Captain Allon had been studying up on Mordru and all the worlds he’s gone after for months. Those people had nothing to offer, there were no crops, their off world trade was minimal, and any other natural resource was of no use to him. But once Captain Allon saw the people he knew. He saw footage of Cadet’s Inferno, Cadet Nu, and both of Cadets Ranzz’s powers when used near the M’braian’s gave varying degrees of prism affects.

“This world must be important to him if Mordru was willing to give them another. Thankfully they turned to the Untied Planets for aid and now they are working on fast tracking the membership. President Chu has fast tracked the negotiations and for their sake I hope she does get them accepted. If Mordru gains this world I’m not sure what will happen beyond him becoming even more powerful.” Captain Allon looked over the files that were shuffling on a smaller holo screen to the left on his desk with as many cadets as they had he worried that if Mordru got his hands on this world not even his cadets could stand against him.

“Computer have you finished the final calculations for the first week to post this week’s ratings for alpha class?” Captain Allon knew that the alpha class consisted of the “Legion of travelers” but he figured there might have been a shakeup in the lower ranks.

“Yes Captain. At the end of the first week and after performance evaluations after each of the missions and the first pop quiz in all four courses the cadet rankings remain the same for the top 31 cadets. There have not been any substantial shifts nor have any of the original top 31 cadets been replaced by a lower standing cadet. Many of the
Beta class who participated in the mission to M’brai, have excelled. Theena and Susa Pak of the Beta class have showed great improvement and could be on their way to joining the Alpha class soon.” The A.I. toned melodically.

“That’s great. Computer, please break up the cadets by class and display holo photos of the cadets in the center of the room please.” Captain Allon stood and stretched. He felt like he’d been sitting for days but it had only been a few hours.

As happy as he was to be Captain and in charge of the special unit he missed being in the field. He’d gone on the mission to retrieve Mano. But since then he’s been saddled with more administrative duties and paper work then he’d care for. He didn’t think there would be so much to do outside of the training of the cadets. Thankfully several officers from the headquarters in Metropolis have volunteered their time to teach the classes till officers Shvaughn and Cuzmon returned to active duty. But they weren’t here all the time and the A.I. system has been instructing many of the classes on United Planets Law and first Contact rules. He hated having the A.I. teach classes. He didn’t feel anyone learned well that way and that sentient interaction was much better. But right now he had to be thankful for the A.I. system.

The ball of light had expanded quickly as it showed all 340 cadets broken up into their class. The Alpha class was the top 50 cadets, while the Beta class was at 175 leaving the Omega class with 115 cadets. Captain Allon liked most of these numbers. But he didn’t like that the Omega class still had so many people after the first week. He saw the potential of many of the Omega Cadets. He needed to get that number down.

“The Alpha class has stepped up greatly in the absence of any commanding Science Police officers. On the mission to M’brai Cadets Ardeen, Vi, Garth Ranzz, and Jazmin Cullen especially showed great leadership skills. Others like Cadet Durgo and Nolan show some potential as well. They are great team players and both took different Beta cadets under their wing on M’brai to help them with their tasks. Others of note in the Alpha class are Cadets Wazzo Nah and Pyponte-Le Parc III; who are probably two of the most compassionate I’ve seen on the field. Their work while trying to find the missing girl on Toomey VI was nothing short of amazing and finding her after 120 hours of being missing. They took care of the girl who had fallen into a cylo-drain near a park she was playing at. It was Cadet Wazzo-Nah who found the girl while phasing through to the wall of the cylo-drain while doing a search underneath the park and found her. She stayed with the girl till Cadet…Computer please recognize that Cadet Pyponte-Le Parc III will be furthermore referred to as Cadet Candi.” Captain Allon rubbed his neck. He realized many of his cadet’s names might be too long to say and considering the number of cadets who had similar or the same last name first names might be of better use for some if not all.

“Beep!Beep!”

“In coming call from President Chu.” The A.I. system interrupted.

“Computer, end recording and open the full body holo image display.”

“Captain, it’s good to see you again.” President Chu’s ever smiling face stood before Captain Allon.

“You as well Madam President. How did the negotiations go to bring M’brai into the United Planets?” Captain Allon asked eagerly as he stood at attention.

“They went well and I’m happy to say that M’brai is our newest member.” President Chu’s smile broadened scrunching her brown eyes.

“And your Cadets did a great job helping out with the planets recovery. Their help was very instrumental and the M’brai sings their praises. I’ve also gotten great reports from Toomey IV about your team that found the missing girl. The two that found the girl and saved her will be receiving gifts from the girl’s family soon and the Captain on Toomey IV of the local Science Police raved about how cooperative they were and willing to help. He said Cadet Vi was a great choice to lead this small team. He liked her determination to help in any way she could and to motivate her team to do the same.” President Chu’s smile hadn’t faded from her face the entire time she spoke.

“Thank you Madam President. Many of the Alpha Cadets are exemplary and they are all training fast so we should have a squad chosen soon.”

“How soon is soon Captain?” President Chu’s smile still not fading but Captain Allon could tell there was something in her voice that worried him.

“To be on the safe side and make sure that the first group of cadets are properly trained and this is taking into account how quickly many of the Alpha class are progressing I would say they will be ready within the next six months.” Captain Allon said cautiously.

“That a reasonable amount of time Captain. Although, considering the work your Alpha class has done in the last week shows that you may have already found your squad and considering the work they did on M’brai I think we should possibly think of publizing your squad and potentially down the line your Academy a bit more. Your squad has shown, as well as your reports that it’s time we start embracing those who choose to use their abilities for the betterment of the greater good.”

“That would be amazing Madam President.” For the first time since their conversation Captain Allon genuinely smiled.

“Yes, it would. But I’m afraid we can’t do that till you have chosen a squad. If we’re to promote you we need images and faces to connect to. Also as you’ve said you need to make sure they have been adequately trained. Hopefully six months flies by Captain.”

“I’m sure it will and as happy as I am that you want the Galaxy to know about our work here at the end of the day we are still just simple Science Police officers trying to serve and protect.” Captain Allon said regaining his composure.

“This is true Captain. But your squad is also special and their work not only was well done but clearly inspiring and we want people to be inspired and have faith in the United Planets and the Science Police and I think your squad might be a great symbol for that.” President Chu smile was still present but not as wide as she turned her head slightly and her eyes gazed steadily at Captain Allon.

“I see Madam President and I agree those are all great things.” He said with a gulp as he could see the wheels turning in the Presidents head and wasn’t sure he liked anything she had in mind for his special squad.

Last edited by Omni; 06/17/15 02:04 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 6/17/15 Inner workings
Omni #855095 06/17/15 02:05 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox - 12th level intelligence, internalized force field apparatus
Andromeda- Laurel Gand- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

Dear Journal,

We arrived on Colu four days ago and I haven’t seen Brainy in most of that time. Representative Gux had Brainy shuffled away once we were settled on Colu. Brainy said he had much work to catch up on since his predecessor’s disappearance. The apartment Brainy arranged for the two of us if very quaint. We share a recreation and dinning space and our bedrooms are off to the left. Mine and Brainy’s lodgings are next door to each other but they could be miles away as far as I’m concerned. I knew Brainy was going to be busy but aside from our scheduled lab times; which he built into his schedule before we left Earth and even though I’m nannite free aside from my bracelet, and one or two dinners. Since being here I’ve flown around the entire planet twice daily to keep up my speed and to get out of the stale atmosphere. It’s funny how the vacuum of space has more sense of life to it than this world does. This world is very sterile compared to many of the worlds I’ve been on. Everyone walks around calmly and orderly. The buildings are all either white, green, or a pale yellow. As soothing as all those colors could be I miss seeing reds and blues and oranges.

I asked Brainy at my first session about the sterile smell and feel of Colu and he said it had a lot to do with the Computer Tyrants. While they were in power this world was nothing more than a lab and data storage. I asked Brainy what he meant by that and he said their minds were simply used to hold data. There was no free will, no love, and no compassion; simply data consumption and retention. I couldn’t imagine such an existence, if you could even call that an existence. But that still didn’t explain why this world felt so life less and mechanical. Brainy said part of their experiments was to extinguish anything organic that wasn’t useful for their experiments and they did. The only thing that survived was the desserts. Which I did visit as Brainy suggested. In total there are 7 desserts across Colu. Each were hot, the Gunu dessert was by far the hottest but nowhere near those on Daxam. All of them had a similar green glow as each grain of sand of bore a slight green. At first I thought it was my eyes but once I enhanced my vision to see the distinct grains, their green hue was very present. It was nice to sit and meditate in the sun on the sand though. It was probably the loudest place I’ve been. There were these birds that flew over head their squawking reminded me of crow but synthesized as if it were an echo. When I used my telescopic vision I found they had been modified. Their vocal cords had been replaced with machinery, and sound synthesizers that throw the crows sound from multiple directions and their hearts consisted of tubing and wiring that looked as if it was about to collapse but would never give out. The technology animating these birds was smart but ancient. They were black emerald green birds with long pink beaks and dim yellow eyes. They circled me for hours thinking I was prey. When I left I flew up through their circle and scared the Sprock out of them. They broke their circle quickly. The next day when I had gone back they stirred clear of me. I looked up if there was any natural wild life before the Computer Tyrants. Those buzzards were the used as a guard dog of sorts. They would feed on those who tried to escape.

Colu for the most part is a very quiet place, especially at night. I’ve listened up to 100 clicks away and I heard nothing but the very slight hum of the sleepnet. I’m sure none of them notice it since they are all connected to it. But if you listen even with normal hearing you can hear it and it blankets everything. It’s rather soothing. It’s even lulled me to sleep a couple times. I’ve yet to try the sleepnet. Brainy thinks it might be good for me to experience it and says he’d gladly help me adjust to it during one of our sessions. He says it will feel just like when Saturn Girl floods us with information before a mission. But that’s only for a few seconds. This would be for a whole sleep cycle. I’d be afraid if dreamed they would see it and maybe interpret it wrong. Brainy explained that dreams are filtered out and that Coluians don’t dream the same way most sentients do; using their 10th level intelligence or higher they compartmentalize even while they sleep. I’m not sure I could do that. My dreams are a free space for me to visit home and remember my father. I miss him so much. I hope Brainy can find out why the U.P. might have purposefully helped quarantine my planet.

I’ve been trying to keep an eye on Representative Gux as well. I put one of Gear’s nano tracers on him that’s given me his location and limited audio, only picking up one every four hours and so far he’s yet do say or do anything of alarm or interest. I do find most of the recordings have him checking in with the United Planets and his roles as Colu’s new planetary representative. Most of his dealings were rather boring and tedious. But he seemed rather involved. He’s had to deal with issues of mass technological collapse across several planets and various spots across Colu. I noticed that when I flew around Colu on my second day here. There had been dark spots the size of entire valleys. They looked like they sucked in all the emerald light that shone brightly around them. From what I’ve heard and pieced together there is no explanation why any of these place went down. It’s as if the life that is electricity was torn from them and sucked away. I’m thinking I might go to one of the spots and see if I can find any clues. I’m sure Brainy would disapprove.

Not that he knows what I do. During those dinners we got to have I could see him half heartedly answering me. I know he’s got a lot on his plate but I would still like to feel like we can talk. He’s hiding something from me I just know it. But I haven’t had the heart to try and listen in on him. I think mostly because I think I’m just becoming lonely here with no one to talk to. I have yet to interact with a Coluian that wanted to talk or perform a task outside the one they were assigned to work on and when Brainy said there weren’t many off worlders here, he should have said there are only five to seven Science Police officers who all live in the Capital city that make up the off worlders population. But I guess I make number eight..or seven depending on the months rotation according to the public logs.

I hope things will get better journal. I just wish Brainy was around more or at least I had someone to talk to…I sometimes wonder if this is how M’Onel felt at times. Not that my experience over the last four days could ever compare to his 1000 years of solitude. I know I’ve created another entry that’s all over the place. But this is the most I’ve expressed myself in days. Even though it’s been days since I’ve written I feel better. But I think this will better serve me to write only once a week as things are still quiet here. Good night journal.

May the stars bless this journey and may my path be eternally grateful.

~Andromeda.”

Last edited by Omni; 06/17/15 02:07 PM.

Omni #855321 06/19/15 07:51 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Colu- interesting. A world where the flora and fauna is permanently 'infected' with self-reproducing machine technology.

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Omni #855343 06/19/15 12:26 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Good to see developments on the Kari/Brin subplot. Glad to see Star Boy make the connection. So like Lyle to worry about why he didn't see it, and so like Thom to humbly not take credit.

Nice to hear that Theena and Sussa are doing well and might rise soon. I liked hearing about the good performance of several cadets, good to see the Legionnaires really being recognized. Also like Gim's thoughts on improving the Omega class. Chu is scary as usual... WOnder if she'll turn out to be as big a villain as in the "true" reality.

Omni #857433 06/30/15 03:03 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I really liked the description of Colu & Laurel's boredom/loneliness...I am also intrigued to see how altruistic President Chu turns out.. smile

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/8/15 Into the Hunger
Omni #858764 07/08/15 06:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The brig Mano’s room. Brig 1- sublevel 1

Roll Call:
Cadet Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication.
Cadet Jeem Rehtu of Preztor – creates hallucinations in those he touches. Slight telepathy.
Mano- of Angtu- Left hand has a disintegrating touch.

Cadet Ardeen stood on the opposite side of the brigs force field for Mano’s cell in the basement of the Science Police Academy. Mano was currently its only occupant.

“This is all so familiar and I hate every moment of déjà vu I get.” Imra thought to herself as she took a break from trying to connect with Mano’s mind beyond his hands thirst for destruction and his remorse for all the destruction he’s caused.

“Computer please resume recording of Mano telepathic session number 10. Whatever McCauley did to him, it’s traumatized him. I can’t access his memories of what happened to prove what McCauley says isn’t completely true. There are vague emotions of terror about the lab and McCauley’s evil grin is ever present for him. But nothing concrete yet.” Cadet Ardeen reported to the A.I. system who was recording their session.

“Still no progress I see.” Cadet Rehtu said.

“Ahhhh” Cadet Ardeen jumped.

“Where did you come from?”

“I came from down the hall.” Cadet Rehtu’s glowing orange eyes staring steady at Imra.

“But I didn’t sense you or hear you.”

“War trains one to be stealthy and I’ve been enrolled in few of the psychic defense classes. It seems one of the flaws of my limited telepathy is that I’m utterly defenseless from it being manipulated as the Titan Mentor on loan pointed out.”

“Yes, now that you mention it I can sense your defense. It’s very good. You’re a quick study.” Cadet Ardeen said facing him.

“Thank you. There’s still no change in Mano?” Cadet Rehtu said facing Mano’s cell.

“No. I’m afraid not. You seem rather worried about him.”

“He’s lost himself to vengeance and death. I can understand that. But if I can come back so can he and I guess I understand what it’s like to be seen as a monster. ” Cadet Rehtu said simply his eyes never leaving Mano who lay asleep in his cell.

“You have nightmares like he does about the things you’ve done. When you connected with him you saw that while you were trying to send him into a happier place didn’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Cadet Rehtu, you were able to make a telepathic connection with him before that allowed me to get this far…do you think you’d be able to help me again?” Cadet Ardeen.

“Yes.” He his voice was flat and coarse.

“We’ve kept him sedated as the nannites are destroyed before they can even adjust to him. They are contacting Colu to see if they can make a modified version.” Cadet Ardeen said gently as she lowered the force field.

“Then from what I’ve learned that’s going to help us, him being asleep is much easier to allow us entry.”

“I do have one question though…is your hallucination power and your telepathy tied together or can you use them separately?”

“They are tied together.”

“Maybe I can guide us through the hallucinations you cause.”

“He should be dreaming already. It will be as if we’ve entered his dreams. I used to call it dream walking.” Cadet Rehtu’s voice quivered when he said those last words.

“Then let’s go for a walk.” Cadet Ardeen said as he placed a hand on Cadet Rehtu’s shoulder and gave him a small smile.

The two of the walked into Mano’s cell. Cadet Rehtu gently touched Mano’s glowing head. His blackened face contorted in dreams. Most would turn their heads at the sight of Mano but Cadet Rehtu had lived through his world being taken over by the Dominion and turned into their twisted laboratory. Mano’s face was not and could never be the face that haunts his dreams. Slowly the world around the two of them spun as Cadet Ardeen’s eyes glowed a bright pink.

They entered into Mano’s mind with ease. His dream scape was wide open to them as their astral selves walked around what looked like the corridors of the McCauley’s lunar base. But this time it was creepier than the actual lunar base. The halls were deserted and the lights flickered in and out.

“During your dream walks, do the people know your hear?” Cadet Ardeen asked as they both slowly walked towards the room where Mano’s cell would be.

“Sometimes depends on the mind and how active it is. But I’ve done this enough to stay on the periphery.” Cadet Rehtu’s glowing magenta astral self moved as stealthily as he did in real life.

“Lead the way.” Cadet Ardeen followed his lead as they entered into Mano’s cell and the center of his nightmares.

Last edited by Omni; 07/08/15 06:55 PM.

Omni #858768 07/08/15 06:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The lights flickered on and off as they entered the laboratory and Mano lay strapped on a rusty floating hospital gurney. Before it started.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PPPlease No!”Mano whaled as he fought against the straps. Mano’s power not working to disintegrate them.

“That’s horrible.” Cadet Ardeen thought trying her best to not stare at him as various scientists beginning their work on him; giving him shots and making him take pills. At one point a bot came in and flipped Mano over and injected his spine from the neck to his tail bone.

“AHHHHHhhh!! Ahhhhh!”Mano screamed blood curdling scream after scream as the gene therapy took hold and they injected him. His body twisting and molding.

“Disturbing isn’t it?” a voice rasped from the shadows.

“What was that?” Cadet Rehtu asked as his stance instantly shifted both in reality and on the astral plan.

“Welcome to the show. I hope your all ready for it.” McCauley walked in through the door passing through them before either could find out about the voice from the shadows.

As they turned back to Mano and McCauley they both saw holo screens had lit up along a far wall.

“I’m going to try and push at this and see if this is more memory or more of a nightmare.”Cadet Ardeen cautioned Cadet Rehtu as her astral self’s hands glow grew brighter as she walked over to the horror scene that played out before them. Cadet Ardeen could sense it was real. Mano’s transformation was broadcast. She tapped into long term sense memory and through the pain Mano could hear McCauley talking about him and the “achievements” they’ve made with the test subject.

A bright flare of pink telepathic energy blinded them as the room shimmered and changed to reveal the truth behind the nightmare. Cadet Ardeen focused all her energy to push the dreams out, which pushed at Cadet Rehtu’s hallucinogenic powers.
“Don’t go there!” the shadowy voice rasped.

“What?” Cadet Rehtu spun around and out of the shadows leapt a Mano his entire body glowing the like charred coal with its bluish light shining through the cracks in his skin tackling Cadet Rehtu.

The dream scape changing as it burst into a bright blast of pink as Cadet Ardeen unlocked Mano’s memories of his time in the lab. The pink light washed over then and the construct of Mano shrank away back into the shadows. What they had seen in the nightmare was true. McCauley had strapped him down and applied all of those procedures and had shown them to various people on holo screens. But the laboratory conditions were much better than the nightmare Mano had showed them. McCauley stood before them with the scientist and the holo screens glowing. Mano’s body riving from the injections as his whole body blacked.

“The chemical we’ve exposed him to is the latest in biological warfare, which turns the host into a walking time bomb of destructive energy.” McCauley’s smile broadened as he announced this to the group.

“But we’ve used gene therapy to manipulate that chemical and bond it to his DNA giving the host the potential for control of this destructive energy they carry. Thus creating a super soldier capable of destroying anything with a touch. Now this subject here is in phase I and once the final gene modes are done, we’ll start phase II which will…”

The memory freeze as Cadet Ardeen moves forward.

Omni #858771 07/08/15 06:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“This proves McCauley captured him and tortured him.” Cadet Ardeen said.

“Imra…keep watching.” A voice rasped around them as the memory continued on.

“…begin his mental training to both understand his new powers and mental state.”

“He’s a volunteer? Asked one of the holo screens asked.

“Yes of course.”McCauley smiled as he pulled up the signed waiver from Mano’s file.

The memory scape changed again. This time with Mano drugged out and with McCauley standing there with an omnicom and pen and just the two of them.

“This is what you get for sneaking into my complex on Angtu and now I finally get to be rid of you.” McCauley said.

“Uhhhh. Yooou won’t gettt awayyy with thisss.” Mano struggled to say.

“Oh but I will. You’re going to sign this wavier as a volunteer.”

“Nooooo.”

“Oh but you will. Or I will retrieve your little commune buddies, who I might add left you for dead when my guards subdued you.”

“I knowwww the trutth and so do theyyyy. I stilllll have the filles aabbout your dealingsss with the Angtu Hiiigh Waarr Lordsss.”

“Tsk… Tsk… Mano. I’m a businessman and I have a clause in all my contracts that I’m none exclusive. It’s in the fine print.” McCauley’ slimy smile gleamed as his eyes were hidden behind spectacles.

“Do they know that your weapons ultimately mutate them and the world around them? Mano summoned all his strength and coherence to spit that out at McCauley.

“Well I’m not aware of any such side effects. But as many of these weapons are somewhat untested, which they know. Then I’d simply offer any aid I can. To those who can afford the proper Gene modifications from my new Gene therapy labs I’ve just opened.”

“That’s horrible.” Cadet Ardeen Thought as her and Cadet Rehtu circled the lab to see the conversation from all sides.

“McCauley is as dirty as the Dominion.”Cadet Rehtu’s orange eyes glowed with anger.

“Youuur sucmm.”

“If you had just stayed out of everything and stuck with your little protest instead of bumping it up to breaking and entering you’d never have been in this position. Now sign.”

The memory freezes again as it begins to be dissolve leaving Mano kneeling in his laboratory cell at his glowing hand for the first time since all the procedures had been finished. It was the hand he signed with. McCauley thought it fitting.

“Maaaanoooo.”

“Huh?” Mano’s face contorted as his nightmare began new. This time with birth of his deadly hunger.

“Maaaanoooo.”

“Whose there?”

“Maaano….i’m hungeryyyy. Feeed me.” The voiced rasped about them all.

“What? Feed you? Feed you what? Where are you? Who are?” Mano asked frantically.

Before long Mano’s hand was pulling at him to the door. Mano fought with everything he had to resist touch the door to his cage and destroying it. Mano cradled his hand to his chest. If it was going to destroy something he figured it would have to destroy him. But his hand didn’t dissolve or disintegrate his body at all.
“Hahah. You can’t destroy I. I am you! Now feeed meeee!” the voice in Mano’s head grew louder causing Mano to cry out.

“Ahhhh….ekhhahah” Mano screeched in between deep breaths.

“Hey quiet down in there.” A voice called just beyond the door.

“Ahheehhl….ahhhh haaah” Mano cried again.

“I said quiet down!” the guard opened the cell door.

“AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!” Mano lunged forward at the guard his left hand pulling him grabbing the guard by the neck. Mano raised the guard up as he screamed in triumph and in horror at what he was doing. The guards white skin chard quickly losing all moisture and becoming a blackened husk.

“Hmmmm….moree.” the voice rasped as it dropped the guard’s husk of a body to the floor and began to disintegrate it further till there was nothing left.

“Now it’s your turn.” The voice rasped around all of them.

Cadet’s Ardeen and Rehtu stood back to back as the shadows about them moved in crackling with the glowing light of Mano’s power. The dream was coming to life.

“Cadet Rehtu, is this your powers doing?”

“Maybe…” Cadet Rehtu looked around scared. His weary orange eyes searching for away to end this nightmare walk.

“The hunger is strong and I think its feed on both of psychic powers to give life to it. Allowing it to attack us.” Cadet Ardeen said as she tried to put up a psychic shield around them. The bright pink aura around them became a bubble of protection for them.

“You will be mine! I willlll eat you!” the hunger screamed as the shadowy energy pushed in on them.

“Mano, if you’re out there please listen to me. You can’t let this hunger win.” Cadet Rehtu pleaded his eyes glowing bright as his avatar’s body glowed brighter as he focused his energy to help and try to find away to make the shadow dormant again.

“I can’t it’s too strong.” A tiny voice called from within the shadow.

“It’s not stronger than you. Trust me! You can control it.” Cadet Rehtu called again.

“It needs to eat. I’m sorry.”

Suddenly light began to pour through the shadows fighting it back as Cadet Rehtu’s psychic energy glowed brighter than Cadet Ardeen’s. Mano and the shadow looked about as they saw the world change and suddenly they were in the ruins of a village.

“This is what my hunger to be obedient got me. My hunger to control and hunt my own people because the Dominion stole my mind and made me their pet! I took the lives of many with my power. Allowing them to view their greatest horrors till their hearts stopped. Parts of me knew that it was wrong. But I relished the power.” Cadet Rehtu’s head bowed as he spoke but his aura glowed just as bright.

They all looked about at the vision Cadet Rehtu’s power generated. Cadet Ardeen took a moment and tried to push at Mano and get him to latch on to Cadet Rehtu’s resolve.

“I can’t st..st..stop it.” Mano stuttered.

“If you don’t it will take away everything. It will eat it all, just as its eaten away at you.”

Mano looked at himself and saw the withered glowing beast he saw himself as and looked around at the dead village and before long the scenery shifted to Angtu and Mano’s world laying at his feet in shambles and body upon body as he roared in anger and triumph over them.

“No..No…I can’t….let that happen t..to..too themmm.” Mano slowly stood his blackened body glowing with cracks of blue light. The light began to burn brighter as the shadows containing the same crackling light pulled back and into Mano as he stood and regained his strength.

“Noo!!! I MUST FEEED!” the shadow shouted over and over again till it had wrapped itself around Mano’s hand, which crackled with the destructive energy.

Mano stood tall. Both Cadet’s looked at him and for the first time didn’t see the monster inside him but the man he was.

“Ghahhhhh!” Cadet Ardeen gasped as she rocketed back to the real world and out of Mano’s consciousness. She sat up against the wall and looked at Mano who was still unconscious.

“He bounced us out once he took control of the shadow within.” Cadet Rehtu said simply sitting on the bed next to Mano, where he had sat at the start of their “dream walk”.

“But he’s stable. I can sense it and the hunger seems to be at bay though I can still hear it faintly.”Cadet Ardeen said as instinctively her eyes glowed a bright pink as she stood up slowly.

“He’ll need training and therapy but he should be ok.” Cadet Rehtu’s voice softened for the first time since Cadet Ardeen met him.

“Good. I’ll start scheduling that for both of you. Cadet your strong but from what I saw you need to release some of that baggage to heal.”

“You’re right.” Cadet Rehtu bowed his head.

“And maybe a new friend will help with that process.”Cadet Ardeen smiled simply at Cadet Rehtu as she noticed he and Mano were holding his cuffed and depowered hand.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/8/15 Turning the Gear
Omni #858772 07/08/15 07:00 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll call:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.

Gear looked over all of the transmitters the Legion had planted about Metropolis from each of the energy sittings. Just as Star Boy noticed they were forming a bull’s eye around Brande Industries. But since that pattern was noticed, there haven’t been any more attempts anywhere on any of the previous sites and no new appearances. But sadly this wasn’t the mission he was currently obsessed with during his shift of Monitor Duty. Gear was working on his theory of this new world being their home.

“These energy readings and frequencies are baffling. They work in tandem one moment and then the next they are competing for dominance. But we are all without a doubt attuned and attached to both.” Gear said into the recorder microphone that extended out from his ear.

Gear needed to keep this quest a secret from the rest of the team. He needed to be sure before he got their hopes up that this reality was becoming their home and seemingly altered since their emergence. Gear had taken note that many of his teammate’s powers were amped up. Even his own seemed stronger than normal. He realized it was due to the two reality energies and frequencies battling each other.

“The energy was that Sensor said felt like Hypertaxis energy maybe what bonded us to this reality when we tried to reenter. Since entering this reality I’ve noticed how many things are similar to our home reality; such as the frequencies with the technology of our rings was easily altered to match this reality’s frquencey. We’ve been in this reality for almost two weeks and during that time I’ve noted various occurrences of temporal energy altering certain aspects of this world. The area that holds the biggest shifts of temporal energy is at the Special Unit’s training academy at Montauk Point. The cadet team has reported having to work with many doppelgangers of our home reality. I believe many of the cadets seem to appear out of thin air almost, as if reality has only half written them, till they encounter one of the Legion Cadets.” Gear studied some of the footage he had received from the team and from the files of Captain Allon. Gear hacked the A.I. system days after his friends arrived to help keep an extra eye on the team in case they needed help. As capable as he knew they were, there was no reason not to be careful.

“All the temporal shifts around each cadet that the Legionnaires have met, had changed them and introduced new elements that weren’t seemingly there before. Based off of energy readings taken of several Cadets powers before they met the Legionnaires, has shown their vibrational frequency to be in flux, up until the point of meeting them. But I would need to study this phenomenon happening in person, and take reading of a sentient doppelganger. Cadet Gates posses a quandary though as I’m able to gain any readings on him. It’s as if he’s surrounded by a temporal field that’s not writing him in or out. His energies and frequencies are stable. I’m wondering if this is a side effect of his teleportation powers which allow him to move through space, thus allowing him to alter the physics of reality. It might make him immune to whatever is going on here.” Gear switched back and forth between readings of the team and the doppelgangers. The holo screen light bathing Gear’s face in white light.

“I’ve also found that several of my teammates who lead very public lives prior to being part of the Legion still have said public lives in tact. But any and all personal information is unviable. Both Cosmic Boy and Violet who are known athletic champions on their home worlds are still listed as such in this reality. Their stats, wins, and medals are all on record. I’ve run several searches for each of them to see what I can find. Today was the first time I got a ping on anyone that was a new entry. Violet of Imsk became registered publicly as a Special Unit Science Police Cadet following her career as two time Imsk Games Champion. While nothing has popped up on Cosmic Boy, the Magno ball season is over and all players are supposedly in secluded training.” Gear pulled up feeds for Cosmic Boy’s fan sites as well as his official site run by his manager, Cuspin.

“There’s also the matter of those who have no public records but yet no doppelgangers. Spark, Live Wire, and Kid Quantum II all have no records of being born in this reality but have families here and have also been gene identified as part of said families. This might have to do with my theory that reality is shaping us in. That’s why the frequencies and energies seem to work in tandem at times. However, I have no way to test this theory, without completely invading Kid Quantum II’s and her brother James Cullen’s privacy.” Gear ran footage of the two of them while looking through their files. He was surprised the A.I. system didn’t notify the Captain of this particular fact. Yet neither has said anything from what I’ve gathered from Kid Quantum II’s briefings and his spy cameras.

“Could reality be rewriting itself to suit us? Could our minds be shaping this reality? These questions are those I continue to ask over and over. But come to little to no answers. I’ve started looking into my own past here and found my last listed whereabouts. Until my arrival here on Earth I’m listed as being at the Blackstar Juvenile Correctional Facility. It seems I’m listed as released...” Gear noted as his fingers extended out to glide over the console. His fingers extending as far as they could. The green biomechanics revealing themselves as he stretched his fingers out to track feeds and governmental records of all 25 members of the Legion.

All of their histories were starting to fill in before Gear’s eyes. But as he read he realized much of what was being recorded came from the nannites and their observations of their systems. Then Gear noticed something odd in his file. It had changed from released to escaped and then back to released but with an addendum, prisoners recorded expunged due to heroic acts.

“There’s nothing further. No mention of what said acts are.” Gear’s head tilted as his eyes glowed a bright green. Gear couldn’t help but remember that’s what his old record said the same thing once he had help free Sensor from Blackstar. Gear quickly glided his finger tips across the console to see if they had his file from before the destruction of Legion World. The flies looked similar. Gear noted that certain font types were different, and different names were attached to the signing officers. But the documents were almost identical. Gear quickly checked for information on Sensor and she had a recorded which was expunged from Blackstar Juvenile Correctional Facility as well.

“But that wasn’t there an hour ago.”Gear’s eyes widened.

“I’ll need to send this all to Brainiac 5 soon. I think he’ll agree…reality seems to be altering to include us. But I’m not sure what this means…can we reshape reality or is it just trying to build us in and make this reality our home….”

Last edited by Omni; 07/08/15 07:02 PM.

Omni #858827 07/09/15 08:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Some interesting new developments here...

I like the Mano/Jeem Rehtu piece. Glad both are healing. Maybe Mano can still be redeemed. I hope McCauley gets punished.

Gear's discovery is very interesting indeed...

Klar Ken T5477 #859373 07/11/15 11:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Colu- interesting. A world where the flora and fauna is permanently 'infected' with self-reproducing machine technology.

I thought so too and i if you like that i think you'll like what's coming up for Laurel.

Thanks Raz and IB,

I'm glad your both finding President Chu as intriguing as I am. Only time will tell though if she's going to be a villain or just misunderstood.

The Cadets are going to going on many a mission in the coming months and i've got some places i want to explore.

Cadet Rehtu and Mano i think are going to have a good affect on each other and McCauley... his fate is unknown at the moment. But don't worry he'll get his.

Reality actively rewriting itself could pose both a great threat and hope for our Legionnaires. smile

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 The Doctor is in.
Omni #861216 07/21/15 10:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy Level

Roll Call:
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Unknown– heat and light generation and manipulation
Psychiatrist – Dr. Ryk'rr

“Welcome Inferno.” Dr. Ryk’rr said as she used one of her three hands to gesture for Inferno to take a seat in the floating white chair across from her.

“I don’t even understand why I have to be here.” Inferno said as she plopped down on the floating chair.

“You had a panic attack during the scrimmages that could have very well taken out all of your classmates had they not made you unconscious.”

“We’ll it was their fault in the first. If Cadet Umbra and Wazzo hadn’t shut me into her shadows I would have been fine.” Inferno said coolly. She may have accepted and understood the circumstances but it didn’t change the fact that she was scared.

“True their tactics may have been harsh. But no one was aware of your intense fear of the dark and looking back at your record I’m surprised we didn’t see it before.” Dr. Ryk'rr said as she looked over her omnicom. Her blond hair falling into her eyes she used her third arm to brush it away.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Inferno asked her eyes flaring a bit.

“We’ll you’ve been most hostile on worlds like Kathoon and Figa whose night cycles are either permanent or longer lasting than those on Earth and on worlds where the night cycle is shorter you’ve been fairly docile only shoplifting here and there, petty offenses really. Most of your thefts seem more out of need…food…clothes...but nothing to glamorous or extravagant. Which is part of why the Science Police went easy on you this last time; but of course they hadn’t seen what you did on Vulna-5.” where you brought down their entire prison complex. Dr. Ryk'rr said.

“They put me in the hole for no reason and all I asked was that they leave the light on and I did my best to not burst open with flame. Which I might as is very hard to do through power dampeners and nannite control.” Inferno instantly sat up and moved forward.

“Which is why your impressive power levels and to some degree your skills; which is another reason you ended up here.” Dr. Ryk'rr said looking at Inferno over the rims of her red glasses and omnicom.

“Great. So now that we’ve established I’m a powerhouse, who’s afraid of the dark. Are we done now?” Inferno said as she stood up and tried to leave the room.

“Why are you afraid of the dark Inferno?” Dr. Ryk’rr said simply as she folded two of her hands in while the third rested at her chin.

“What?” Inferno was caught off guard.

“Why are you afraid of the dark?” Dr. Ryk’rr’s tone softening as she kept her gaze on Inferno.

“It’s complicated.” Inferno said defeated as she sat back down in the floating chair.

“That’s fine. We’ve got time. 35 minutes to be precise.” Dr. Ryk'rr said with a small smile and a tilt of the head.

“Ok Doc...Let’s start the gab fest.” Inferno leaned back in her floating chair and put her feet up on the floating glass table.

“I guess we’ll start with my birth…boy was that a day.” Inferno continued to blab on about stupid things that had nothing to do with her fear of the dark and that were utter lies.

Dr. Ryk'rr just smiled and nodded. She knew Inferno was going to be a tough one but she was up for the challenge. She could tell Inferno was giving her nothing but tall tales.

“Where are you from again?” Dr. Ryk'rr asked realizing it was nowhere in Inferno’s file or fables.

“Hmmm I’m sorry, what was that?” Inferno looked at the clock and she knew time was almost up.

“I asked what your home planet was. It’s not in your file and I don’t recall you mentioning it, in that elaborate tale of the day you were born.” Psychiatrist – Dr. Ryk'rr
Said her patience wearing a little thin but still smiling.

“Ding!”

“Ooops. Looks like times up. Thanks for the talk Doc.”Inferno said as she practically ran out of the room.

“I guess you’ll just have to tell me next week. During our weekly sessions!” Dr. Ryk'rr called after her. The door had closed but she knew Inferno heard her.

Inferno had heard her and stopped instantly in her tracks and slapped her forehead before leaving as quickly as she could. As Inferno left she bumped into Cadet Jedediah Rikane.

“Watch where you’re going!” Inferno yelled as she flared up and pushed past him.

“Someone’s in need of an attitude adjustment.” Cadet Rikane said before standing in front of Dr. Ryk’rr’s officer. The gray door slides open once it recognized he was there.

“Ahhh Cadet Rikane right on time.” Dr. Ryk’rr said as the Cadet Rikane entered and the gray door slide shut behind him.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 10:10 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 The comprimising
Omni #861220 07/21/15 10:33 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Main Gym Levels one and two:

Roll Call:
Cadet Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Unknown– heat and light generation and manipulation

“Hey Inferno wait up!” Cadet Durgo called.

“What is it Lu?” Inferno kept her stride as she ran around the outer track that was at the base of level one.

“Listen, I know you’ve been having a rough couple nights and have needed the lights on but, I can’t do it tonight. I’m sorry.” Lu’s orange eyes were very apologetic. She hadn’t known this Inferno long but she was clearly troubled.

“It’s no sweat Lu. You’ve been nice enough to indulge me for the past week or so. I’ll just see if I can get resigned maybe there’s a sun creature in the academy somewhere.

“I wasn’t suggesting that at all. But I did put in a request for some privacy shields that will run down the center of the room at night blocking all light from my side of the room at night. It’s surprising they didn’t think to put in, in the first place.” Lu said her orange eyes beaming that she was able to find a compromise between Inferno and her sisters. Lu purple wasn’t willing to sleep on the couch in the common room one more night and was ready to ask for a transfer. Lu Neutral was clearly on edge and hadn’t been sleeping as well as she could be meeting the bare minimum for sleep.

“Thanks.” Inferno said with a half smile as she continued running. She was genuinely shocked at how nice Lu was.

Lu orange had slowed down to a job before letting Inferno continue on by herself. Inferno was still a bit of a tough guy in this reality but maybe it was having gotten to know her realities Inferno better helped her understand this realities Inferno. Although this Inferno carried a quiet air about her much like Andromeda did when she was part of the Sisterhood of the Cosmos Lu orange noticed.

“Sister, is everything resolved?” Lu Neutral said as she made her way over from the gravity matrix, which simulates deep space gravity allowing them to train in combat and power use.

“Yes, the privacy screen will be installed this afternoon. Then three of us can all finally sleep.”

“I don’t know how you slept so well through all that light and we share the same mind.” Lu Neutral said.

“It was just comforting to be in a real bed for longer than a few hours and not worrying about being in a void.” Lu Orange said simply.

“And what about you? Did you and Imra talk to Brainy yet?”

“We did. Imra’s psychic call finally went through. She said something was jamming the connection to Colu, when she tried but after a two more attempts she got through.”

“Any idea why?”

“She thinks it might have been Brainy preoccupied and not getting the signal to link up.”

“That sounds like Brainy. So what does he think about our suspicions?”

“He agrees it’s a possibility that this reality is our home somehow. He said he’s still working out the how thought. He’s been in contact with Gear who’s apparently had his own suspicions.”

“He did mention that thing about our rings being easy to decode…” Lu Orange said.

“He did. Brainy’s mentioned he’s taken readings of our teammate’s powers and they’ve been amplified and match two separate reality frequencies, ours and this one he’s dubbed U248.”

“That’s kind of cute actually. Since so much of this place is like our own reality.” Lu Orange said as she looked around at many of the Cadets and officers in the main gym. Vi and Captain Allon were working out near the free weights with Berta and Andy. While Jazmin was working out with Cadet Tarka, Jenni and several other Cadets she didn’t recognize.

“Exactly…Gear even has a theory…”Lu Natural said cautiously.

“Just tell me already. I’ll find out once we remerge anyway.”

“This is our home reality and it’s being built with us in mind. Gear said it’s in complete temporal flux and that the highest concentration of it is here; everything…everyone isn’t as concrete till we seemingly interact with it. But it’s only a theory. He hasn’t been able to test it out.” They both looked around cautiously at everyone.

“Does that mean we’re essentially making them?” Lu Orange asked as she shivered slightly.

“No…Brainy said it was more like a missing puzzle piece and we are just completing and adding to the whole picture.” Lu Neutral’s brow furrowed as she tried to remember the exact way Brainy said it.

“But then why are things so familiar to us…why are we connecting to this reality as if it were our own?” Lu Orange asked as the two of them walked through the gym over to some benches.

“That he couldn’t fully explain. Brainy said Gear theorized that reality is taking us into consideration which kind of changes the puzzle analogy…” Lu Neutral trailed off.

“Or just complicates it.” Lu Purple said as she approached them.

“Where’d you come from?” Lu Orange asked.

“I was working out with Cadet Hunky over there after the meeting.” Lu Purple said as she waved to a tall blond haired guy who was lifting weight.

“What’s his name?” Lu Neutral asked.

“I have no clue. I was just working out with him to get a look at his muscles.” Lu Purple said with a devilish grin.

“Sister!” Lu Orange said slightly prudish.

“Oh Please. Get over it already.” Lu Purple said with a smile.

“But I think Gear and Brainy are both right. We are completing the puzzle but it doesn’t mean we’re not changing it. It’s the ripple effect. This world existed before we got here and now it’s changing because of us. It’s simple as that until we learn more.”

“Very rational.” Lu Neutral said with a surprised look on her face.

“It’s the endorphins. It makes me think.” Lu grinned again.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 10:38 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 A new Mission
Omni #861221 07/21/15 10:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Across the gym:
Roll Call:
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Captain - Gim Allon
Sergeant- Shvaughn Erin
Tactical officer- Gigi Cuzmon

“Good form Cadets.” Captain Allon said as he looked down the row as they all did squats with 25 lbs on each side of a long bar.

“We’ll increase the weight after 4 sets of 20 squats and a minute break in between each set.”

“Sounds good Captain.” Vi said with a wink that she hoped no one saw. Gim and she had been working out together for almost three weeks now and she loved every minute of it. She was looking forward to the night off they had coming up in a week or so. She hadn’t asked him if he had any plans yet but was hoping he might want to get dinner.

Down the line Cadet Berta rolled her eyes slightly. She could see the drool coming from Cadet Vi over the Captain. She didn’t really care either way if they dated but she just wished it wouldn’t interrupt her workout time.

“Cadet Nolan’s holding up pretty well.” Cadet Berta said as she noticed he upped the weight limits from 25 lbs on each side to 150 lbs. his iron body not even quivering under the weight.

Cadet Nolan’s eyes shifted over to her and through his mask you could see he smiled and winked at her before going down for another set of squats.

“I hope this works. I hope this works.” Cadet Nolan kept thinking to himself as he tried to be confident and show Cadet Berta his skills and if Vi happened to notice to that wouldn’t be so bad either. But Cadet Nolan knew Vi and knew she was happier than he’d seen her in a while.

“Alright and break number one.”Captain Allon grunted out as he dropped his weights. Resting quietly. He looked at Vi for a second while she wasn’t paying attention.

“She’s cute…” Captain Allon thought to himself before he almost got caught looking.

Vi smiled to herself because she knew he was looking.

“Hey Captain guess whose home to kick some butt!” from the entrance yelled Officer and tactical/combat teacher Gigi Cuzmon and Sergeant Shauvang Erin strolling in with their bags on their backs.

“Well…well aren’t you two a sight for sore eyes!” Captain Allon left the cadets to continue their sets as he walked over to the two women.

Captain Allon picked up Officer Cuzmon high and into a tight hug and then put her down and gave Shauvang a smaller hug around the shoulders and kiss on the forehead. These two women were his closest friends, most respected and skilled Science Police officers he knew and couldn’t wait for them to get here. But as Vi watched this she felt her heart sank. She could see there was nothing more than friendship between him and Shauvang but Officer Cuzmon was another story.

“How’s the work out Cap?”Officer Gigi asked with a wink as she looked over and saw that even though the cadets had continued their workout, the tall beauty with the green streak in her hair hadn’t taken her eyes off of them.

“Hmm…” Captain Allon looked to his right quickly and saw what Gigi saw and blushed.

“It’s going well.” Captain Allon’s smiled widened a little.

“Well just remember to try and keep it under wraps at least till after graduation and from the specs I’ve seen we’ll have a graduating class soon.” Officer Erin chimed in already getting to work as she pulled out her omnicom to identify some of the cadets around her.

“Have you asked her out?”

“Not yet. But soon and yes Shauvang we do have a lot of potential and a very good chance of graduates coming soon. This classification and the combination of classes and actual Science Police missions has helped a great deal and the alpha class is something else. Got some great leaders in there.” Captain Allon smiled broadly.

“Speaking of which there seems to be a mission that’s just come up.” Sergeant Erin smiled brightly as her green eyes sparkled. She had been itching to get out of the hospital and now that she was cleared for active duty she couldn’t wait.

“Then I think you should take it. Pick an Alpha class to take and it’s all yours.” Captain Allon said with a smile. He was excited for Officer Erin to get out on the field with the Cadets.

“What is the mission?” Officer Cuzmon asked.

“It’s a mission to try and restart the Eternal Flame of Scylla. I guess I’ll need some fire power.” Officer Erin looked at her omnicom and pinged several cadets profile pictures several of whom were in the gym at that moment.

Inferno was still running when she heard the A.I. system alert her to the mission.

“Mission to Scylla….great….just great.” Inferno said as she slowed down to a stop.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:06 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 The comprimising
Omni #861222 07/21/15 10:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to Scylla.

Roll Call:
Science Police Academy Teacher Sergeant Shauvang Erin.
Cadet Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. Energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247
Cadet Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Scylla– heat and light generation and manipulation.
Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.

“Scylla was another planet that was rescued before Mordru could take hold of it. Home to several races, one of which is a race of silver winged humanoids and another is normal humanoids, both are the keepers of the Eternal Flame; which lights their world. The sisterhood of Fire protects the flame from harm and administers its teachings of love, life, and accepting the fire of your soul. Mordru came for the flame, as it was once a weapon that was used against him. But by the time he reached Scylla, they were already a U.P. member. They gained word of Mordru’s quest for the flame, from a seer on Naltor; who was on tour with President Chu for potential members and partitioned for membership instantly. That was 8 years ago and today Scylla is an upstanding member of the United Planets. They offer tours of their world which is composed of floating islands that glide high in the clouds above the muggy orange waters of Scylla. The tours are some of the best scenic tours in the U.P. The flying Scyllaians silver wings reflect the Eternal Flames light brilliantly creating cascades of prism like rainbows. They’ve become known to many as the Prism Brigade.

Recently the Eternal Flame has gone out leaving Scylla in eternal darkness. The once peaceful world had been thrown into chaos and the science police are doing everything they can to help keep order. The clouds have become thick and murky. Making navigating between the islands near impossible and a few have even collided as some of their navigation systems were solar based and maneuvered around the Eternal Flame But without the Eternal Flame many on Scylla are losing faith in the Eternal Flames teachings. It’s been three weeks without the Eternal Flame and they’ve finally called us in.” Sergeant Shvaughn Erin said finishing her briefing to the Cadets while en route to Scylla.

“We’re being sent in to help boost moral as we did on M’brai and to help with relighting the Eternal Flame and helping with navigation and collision control. Alpha class I’ll be counting on you to do good work out there as well as make a good impression.” Sergeant Erin said closing the holo files on the cruiser. This was her first mission with an Alpha Class since her return to active duty. She had read all of their files and seen most of the footage from many of the missions over the last month since the academy started.

“Sergeant Erin, why aren’t more of the fire and life casters coming?” Cadet Chey-Nu asked.
“We’re the initial wave to determine how much light assistance they need.”

“More than you know…” Cadet Inferno said under her breath.

“I’m sorry Cadet what was that?” Sergeant Erin asked giving Inferno a stern look. She knew Inferno’s file and that she was a hot head who fell in with the wrong crowd. But if she messed up her Takron-Galtos was going to be her next stop.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing what?”

“Nothing Sergeant Erin.” Cadet Inferno’s eyes flared searing red.

“We make planet side at the Capital Island in 20 minutes people. Once we dock, we’ll work on getting the Eternal Flame restarted. While others of you will work on keeping the islands from crashing into each other and us. Also since many of you are not natural flyers we’ve got these anti-gravity belts for you all to wear.

“Anti-gravity belts? Can’t we just introduce them to the joys of a flight ring already?” Cadet Nah thought to Cadet Ayla Ranzz.

“Right?” Cadet A. Ranzz thought back with a wink.

Sergeant Erin finished the briefing as they docked at the Capital Island. Met by Jiay Sily, the commander of the Prism Brigade and Sister Fia of the sisterhood of the Eternal Flame. Each represented the two races on Scylla.

“The Eternal Light shines on you, our friends even in this darkest hour. I am sister Fia and this is Commander Jiay Sily.” Sister Fia greeted them.

“Thank you sister Fia. We pleased to be here even if it isn’t under the best of circumstances.” Sergeant Erin said.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 10:48 PM.

Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Mystery Lad
Mystery Lad
Knoxville, TN
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star