Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37
Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 The comprimising
Omni #861224 07/21/15 10:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Thank you Sergeant. Now if you would follow us into the Hearth, we shall begun trying to restart the Eternal Flame. While Commander Sily will take your movers to help stabilize the Islands. The winds have caused many settlements whose solar magnetic bonds have destabilized, to drift into other settlements, while also traveling to parts unknown to us on Scylla. Some have even started dipping below the Glow line.

“The Glow line?” Cadet James Cullen asked.

“Yes, the line which the light from the Eternal Flame can no longer be felt. It’s closer to the surface of Scylla. It’s much like how we feel the sun’s light during the winter cycles with the weather control systems” Cadet Tellus’s mechanical voice blurted out. While the nods on his back glowed dimly a light green.

“Thank you Cadet Tellus. Glad to know someone does the readings.” Sergeant Erin said.

Cadet Chey-Nu stood still momentarily as his body began to glow a light florescent yellow, lighting the world around them.

“Ahh you are a bright one.” Sister Fia said.

“Composed of actually.” Cadet Chey-Nu said with a smirk.

“Good for you but think you could dim it a bit. Some of us can see better in the dark.” Cadet Umbra said as shadows furled around her forming a cape at her shoulders. Umbra couldn’t be without a cape she realized as she stood in the standard blue cadet uniform.

“Sorry, sweetie.” Cadet Chey-Nu said with a bow towards Cadet Umbra as he dimmed himself.

The clouds about them wafted about them slowly as the two groups split. Cadet Skye Harris breathed in slowly as she pushed the winds to clear some of the clouds. Her violet eyes focused as she pushed her hands in and out and a circular motion.

“Cadet Tharok could you have Cadet Validus provide some light while we start first with search and rescue of the wayward Islands. Kid…I mean Cadet’s Cullen we’ll be relying on you to help keep multiple ones in place.” Cadet Umbra said breaking down the strategy.

“Who put you in charge Dark one?”Tharok spat out.

“Sergeant Erin did actually. She felt I’d be good at keeping you in line and I’m also the only one who can see unaided.” Umbra stated coolly. Tharok wasn’t going to goaded her into a wasted argument.

“Now Cadet Tharok after you do that I would like you to help fix their magnetic solar bonders.”

“I would need solar power oh great leader. The magnetic field is powered by the batteries from the solar panels. No “great flame” no solar power.”

“Then create a new way for them to stay afloat and without it.”

“Well I could make a backup system that backs up spare power into extra power cells that can be installed at the base of all the islands and maybe a wind converter to power them as well.” Before Umbra could agree to anything, Tharok had instructed Cadet Validus to light up, the world around them glowing a bright pink, that played off the clouds about them and was off on his omnicom flying towards the closest drifting island to build.

“Jo…Cadet Nah and Cadet Tellus follow him quickly and keep an eye on him.” Umbra said. She couldn’t help notice Tharok was a bit like Brainy once he was given a task he found of interest and she knew how dangerous that could be in the wrong hands.

Umbra and the other Cadets took off as well with Cadet Validus lighting the way to the next drifting island to try and bring it back in.

Meanwhile Sergeant Erin, and took Cadets Chey-Nu, Ranzz, Inferno, Tarka and Ognats up into the Hearth. The old Greek revival style of the columns was covered with green ivy vines with reddish brown leaves sprouting from it. The columns themselves were a bronze red. Sister Fia walked up to the Hearth, her long red robe flowing behind her as the winds swept it back. Her long black hair looked like smoke that blew back and mixed with the clouds around her.

“Once we enter inside these doors, we will be in the inner sanctum of the Eternal Flame and where our conduit to the Eternal flame awaits for you to help reignite the flame.”

“The conduit? I’m sorry I’m not familiar with the sisterhood’s inner workings.”Sergeant Erin said.

“Yes, the conduit or as we refer to as her spiritual name, Sister Beauty Blaze, whose fiery beauty lights the connection to the Eternal Flame.”

The giant rust red doors parted and as they opened Sister Beauty Blaze turned her golden hair bright and beaming, with small tendrils of flame at the tips.

“Welcome Cadets. I’ve been looking forward to meeting all of you to help restore the Eternal Flame and thank you for returning my lovely sister to us as well.” Sister Beauty Blaze’s blue eyes twinkled as the low flickering flames were caught in her gaze.

“Your sister?”Cadet Ranzz asked.

“Yes, my sister. Sandi it’s great to see you.”

“It’s Inferno, Sari.”

“My brightest apologies but I’m glad to see you embracing your flameatage.” Her smile never fading.

“Flameatage has nothing to do with it. I simply just like the name better.”

“I’m sorry can someone please explain what’s going on here. Inferno?” Sergeant Erin asked looking back and forth between the two.

“My sister and I are the members of the sisterhood of the Eternal Flame. Our mother was what you would call a High Priestess and she was the previous conduit. Her flame name was Sun Girl. She became the conduit when she was 7 years old. The youngest ever.” Inferno said her voice softening when she talked about her mother.

“The flame power is usually passed down to the eldest daughter. But the flicks of the flame have changed and charged us both with having the Eternal Flame circle us.”

“Yes and I chose to leave and let my sister have full claim to the conduit.”

“Is that why the flame went out? Because the two of you weren’t here?” Cadet Tarka. His black eyes blinking slightly.

“No. Even though this is the first time it’s ever happened the Eternal Flame has given its blessing. I communed before I left.” Inferno said with a gulp.

“I didn’t know you ever communed with the Eternal Flame.” Sister Beauty Blaze said as she approached Inferno and extended out her flame.

Instinctively Inferno did the same. Their flames twisting to form a heart. Inferno quickly pulled away once the heart was complete.

“How do you still have your powers without the Eternal Flame?” Cadet Ranzz asked as she studied the pairs fire shaping.

“The Eternal Flame bequeaths a portion of its flame unto us upon birth.”

No one seemed to notice that Inferno had created a fire ball from the moment they landed and even as she stood their hugging herself she had one hand extended down keeping the ball of fire going.

“Alright, enough with the history lesson. Let’s get to restarting the Eternal Flame.” Inferno charged over to the panel on the wall opposite the entrance.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Outside the Hearth
Omni #861225 07/21/15 10:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outside the Hearth on Scylla.
Roll Call:
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
Cadet Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247

Cadet Tharok used the anti-gravity belt to soar over to the closest drifting island with no life signs on it. Tharok’s brown hair was tied back into a pony tail. His spectra glasses which had navigation and thermal sensors. The anti-gravity belt was very standard but Tharok already had figured out away to connect its controls to his glasses and forearm touch/holo screen. The standard blue uniform his classmates worse chaffed Tharok and he opted for a form fitting tank top version, using the laser in his finger laser, and auto-lock tip to cut away the fabric on his flight. The clouds passed by him quickly. Tharok landed on the small island at the base of a set of stairs that led up and into a building. The stairs were surrounded by large golden bushes. That threw off the faintest glow.

“Interesting. The golden hue holds without the Eternal Flame. Omnicom scan the island and give all points of reference and then find all geological information about this island from Scylla’s public records and cross reference them with the scans.” Tharok threw his left hand up and quickly small green balls of light flew up into the murky sky. Tharok smiled as he ascended the steps taking readings with his glasses.

Not far behind Cadet Nah and Cadet Tellus flew on steadily neither using their anti-gravity belts to fly. Tellus’s telekinesis pushed his along with a glowing yellow aura holding him up, while Cadet Nah used his own power of Flight. Cadet Nah looked at Tellus. He had met a version of Tellus in the other Legions reality but he didn’t think Tellus had any other counter parts. But here he was.

“I wonder if he’s anything like the other Tellus.” Cadet Nah thought to himself.

“Cadet Nah who is this other Tellus? I’ve only known one Tellus and that is I.” Tellus asked telepathically his fish like eyes blinking twice in a row as he stared at Cadet Nah.

“Just someone I met once and you remind me a lot of him and oddly enough same name.” Cadet Nah said not really sure how to answer that question. He had forgotten that Tellus was telepathic as well as Telekinetic.

“Can you get a lock on Tharok? I don’t see him anywhere near the edges of the island and he hasn’t checked in over the telepathic link at all.” Cadet Nah said quickly switching to penetra-vision to look through the thick foliage.

“Cadet Tharok had made his way into a building on the island. But that’s as much as I was able to get without provoking him. Cadet Tharok’s file warned that telepathic intrusion will be met with a server reaction from him.” Cadet Tellus mechanical voice toned awkwardly.

“Well Cadet Tharok’s about to get some intrusion of the physical kind.” Cadet Nah instantly switched to super speed to get to the island.

Tellus pushed himself along to try and keep up. His large body swimming through the muddy clouds.

Cadet Nah landed with ease at the same stairs Tharok did. The golden hue lighting up his rugged face slightly.

“The island seems stable and isn’t moving as much as it was.” Cadet Nah said over the telepathic link.

“That’s good. Maybe Tharok’s found a solution already to establishing and stabilizing their orbits.” Cadet Tellus landed beside Cadet Nah as he responded back telepathically.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:14 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 !00 Clicks below
Omni #861226 07/21/15 10:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
100 Clicks below:
Roll Call:
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Commander Sily – silver wings capable of reflecting light to make a prism effect. Flight.

Validus pushed several of the uninhabited islands back up as he flew up using the anti-gravity boots and cuffs the Science Police had outfitted him with. His pink Lightning gently lighting the cloudy world around them. Umbra scouted ahead for islands that were drifting and had lost their power. Many of those that drifted thankfully were uninhabited guest lodgings that were luckily vacant this time of season.

“Uhgg…this belt is irritating. I miss my flight ring. Maybe we can figure out a way to bring them back.” Umbra thought to herself. She was sure to not share that over the telepathic link.

“How goes the movements?” Umbra asked as she returned from her scouting.

“Validus has moved 10 of the larger islands already into position for Cadet’s Cullen to steady. While Cadet Rikane has moved 6 into position for Validus to move the islands into range of Cadet Cullen’s quantum fields.” Cadet Skye Harris reported.

“Good.”Umbra said curtly.

“I’ve also moved some of the smaller islands that were hiding in the clouds. Once I removed the clouds from view they appeared. The winds here are strong.” Cadet Skye Harris said determined to be noticed.

“Good job cadet. Have there been any signs of Validus deviating from the instructions Tharok gave him?” Umbra asked as she stared uneasily at the tall behemoth.

“No. he’s been working perfectly fine. A few grunts here and there.” Cadet Skye Harris said.

“Whew. Any chance we’ve saved all the islands?” Cadet Rikane asked as he flew up to them.

“No, we’ve still got a bunch in that direction and then we still have to search the Glow line right Commander Sily?” Umbra asked the silver winged man.

“Yes, the Glow line maybe littered with more islands than the ones who’ve drifted to the east and west of us.” He said simply as he bowed his head of short silver hair.

“They are vacant as well?” Umbra asked.

“They should be. All of the sisters are in bunker islands north of the Capital Island and the others of my species have taken to the trees of many of the islands that still have power. We use backup systems on those islands more as we live here year round.” Commander Sily looked down towards the Glow line.

“You might want to think about installing those on all these islands Commander. Let’s get going.” Umbra said as she jumped off the steps of one of the recently rescued islands her eyes adjusting to the darkness easily.

Cadet’s Skye Harris and Rikane followed suit and Commander Sily dove down next as his silver wings folded back. While Validus continued to move islands into place for the Cadet’s Cullen quantum fields. Validus’ pink lighting was bright enough to cast a dim glow on the clouds for the others to see their way into the darkness.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:16 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Back Inside the Hearth
Omni #861227 07/21/15 10:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Back inside the Hearth.
Science Police Academy teacher and Sergeant Shauvang Erin
Cadet Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Scylla– heat and light generation and manipulation.
Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.

Slowly the ceiling above them began to open up. The Dome of the Hearth swirled away to reveal the murky sky. Scylla’s moon barely visible.

“This is the darkest I’ve ever seen Scylla.” Sister Beauty Blaze said in awe as she stared up at the sky.

“I’ve seen it darker once…” Inferno trailed off looking up where the Eternal Flame used to be.

“So how is this going to work?” Cadet Chey-Nu asked shifting the light from his body to that of pure Sun light. This being the third shift he’s made since they entered the room.

“Good Cadet Chey-Nu. Think sunny and now use that light to create a ball of fire, just as I’ll do along with Inferno. Then we’ll send them up. That should be a good start.”

“Cadet Ranzz, add in your lighting to help create more light and heat and Cadet Ognats if you could create a cyclone to help focus the fire up and hopefully the air you generate will help it grow.” Sergeant Erin instructed reading her omnicom.

“Do you really think it will be that easy?” Cadet A. Ranzz asked.

“No, me and Beauty over here are going to have to speak the incantations that sparked the birth of the Eternal Flame into our world. Ready?”

“Ready.” Sister Beauty Blaze’s eyes not leaving her medium sized ball of fire.

“I call forth the flame of life to light the way and burn without as you do within. To cast your light upon us and fight the darkness.” The two fire wielders chanting in unison. As the two of them chanted their eyes closed their flames burned brighter.
Cadet Chey-Nu began pouring on the fire and sunlight soon he couldn’t control it any longer he took off and joined in the cyclone made by Cadet Ognats. Spinning around.

“Whoooowhoooo!!!!! Sunshine fun shines!” Cadet Chey-Nu screamed as he went faster and faster while still laying on his blast of solar light.

“Sergeant Erin, if they brought the flame forth with the chant then why do we need to create a flame for the Eternal Flame to attach to?” Cadet Tarka pointed out.

“You make a valid point Cadet.”

“You do indeed.” With those words Beauty Blaze used her free hand to fire on Cadet Tarka and Sergeant Erin.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:17 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Outside on Gloden Flower Isalnd
Omni #861228 07/21/15 10:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outside on Golden Flower Island:
Roll Call:
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
Cadet Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. Of Rimbor U247

Tharok had been taking readings the entire time while he wasn’t answering the telepathic link. This island like many of them had a propeller system that was built into the base of each of the islands already. They simply ran on solar power.

“Maybe if we reconfigure the power cells to use the wind instead of solar, the electricity generated from them should be more than enough to keep them afloat…hmmm these batteries have the capacity to hold twice the amount I thought.” The building he was in was actually the central hub of the propeller network.

“Tharok!”Cadet Nah yelled as he barged in through the giant metal doors.

“What!? I’m right here no need to shout!”Tharok yelled back.

“Why haven’t you been answering the telepathic link?”

“Because I’ve been doing what I was brought here to do. I’ve got reading of each island from the public records and I’ve sent out my own search dots and they’ve gathered a lot of good Intel about this island unparticular. This is the central hub for the propulsion system on each of the islands and also the solar powers these islands get isn’t from solar panels but from the golden flowers on each of the islands. They can actually suck up more solar energy than two solar panels combined.” Tharok sounded somewhat impressed with the biotechnology.

“That’s still no reason to not answer with something even as simple as all clear.”Cadet Nah said through gritted teeth as he stared at Tharok. Cadet Nah was doing his best to remember this isn’t the same man who helped destroy his life and attacked him and his friends more times than he could count at this point.

“Fine. I’ll remember to respond next time.” Tharok said with a smirk.

Cadet Nah retrained himself as Cadet Tellus entered the room.

“As I was saying this is the propulsion center and those flowers should be keeping all these islands floating for another two years by the power readings I’ve been getting from those flowers.

“What does that mean?” Tellus mechanical voice toned in.

“The power supply was cut on purpose.” Tharok said as he went over to the main console and shined his flashlight on the bottom of it showing the wires ripped out.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:22 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Back inside the Hearth on the Capital Island.
Omni #861229 07/21/15 10:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Back inside the Hearth on the Capital Island.
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Scylla– heat and light generation and manipulation.
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light

Sergeant Erin rolled out of the way while Cadet Tarka simply disappeared and reappeared on the opposite side of the room.

“What are you doing?” Cadet A. Ranzz looked over but couldn’t move she was locked into position.

“I needed four souls to trade for the return of the Eternal Flame and to claim the Eternal Flame’s power for myself. Extinguishing all light but my own.” Sister Blazing Beauty ranted.

“What are you talking about? There’s nothing in any of the scripture that talks about human sacrifice.” Inferno yelled breaking her chant. But it was too late the call had been made. They just had to wait.

“I communed with the Eternal Flame and I found out some secrets. Such as the Eternal Flame isn’t a living flame that was used against Mordru, but rather the Elemental Phy’r, who had helped to imprison Mordru. Mordru stripped Phy’r of its sentience and made it the Eternal Flame and marooned it here, unable to communicate till it met its conduits, our bloodline. But now Phy’r’s original host spirit has passed on and it’s my right and time to claim the title of Elemental Eternal Beauty Blaze!” Sister Beauty Blaze.

“Now this is where it gets interesting. The original incantations to become an Elemental are what require the lives of three beings of light. I need all the light you can give. That includes your lives.” Sister Beauty Blaze’s eyes were wild as she stopped firing and began to float up as she spoke an ancient incantation.

“Sari, stop this! This is crazy talk!”

“Nothing Crazy about it Sandi. I’ve just realized my true destiny to become Phy’r. I was robbed of my by destiny of being the conduit by you and now I’ll be taking the next step and becoming the only one. To be the Eternal Flame itself.

The heat and flames and light from the output they were doing were creating a big light show and the winds from Cadet Ognats were practically blowing them around. Sergeant Erin drew her blaster but couldn’t steady herself enough to get a shot off at Sister Beauty Blaze; whose body began absorbing the flame, light, and heat from the group.

“We need to break free of this ritual, which seems to be holding us in place.” Cadet Ranzz yelled.

“Thanks for stating the obvious.”Inferno chimed in as both of them continued to fire and Cadet Chey-Nu speed around the cyclone.

“Yes! Yes! I can feel the light from you. Give it to me and I will become the Elemental Phy’r!” slowly a vortex opened. A breath of fire erupted from it.

“WHOO DARES CALL FORTH THE LIFE FORCE, THE FIRE, AND THE ETERNAL FIRES!”

“I, Beauty Blaze your humble servant call forth the fire, Eternal fires.” Sister Beauty Blaze’s hands extended out high above her head as she spun with the fire circling her golden blond hair becoming a blaze of flames.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT LITTLE CONDUIT?”

“Phy’r’s soul has moved on and the Eternal Flame has extinguished. The Eternal Flame must be restored! I beseech you; grant me the honor of becoming Phy’r the Eternal Flame! I give you the offerings of light.” Sister Beauty Blaze’s body is absorbing all the heat and light making her glow bright as she extends her flames out widely.

“Has anyone tried to stop firing?” Cadet Tarka yelled.

“Thanks for yet another obvious suggestion from the sajqaw gallery!”Inferno shouted as she had been trying since this crazy show started.

“Cadet Ognats can you stop running?”

“No! I’m locked into my running. Almost as if my legs have no connection with my mind.” Cadet Ognats yelled breathlessly.

“I’m sorry Cadets. That would be my doing.” From the shadows Sister Fia stepped forward.

“Whatever your doing stop it now!” Sergeant Erin yelled aiming her blaster at Sister Fia.

Sister Fia’s hands held her hands up as they glowed a dark purple.

“I’m sorry Cadets. But we must return the Eternal Flame. Without it Scylla will be lost…I will be lost.” Sister Fia’s voice quivered and screeched at the same time with hysteria.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:24 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 The Glow Line
Omni #861230 07/21/15 10:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Glow Line:
Roll Call:
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Commander Sily – silver wings capable of reflecting light to make a prism effect. Flight.

Umbra began soaring easier now. The belt still irritated her but it was getting easier. Her shadows swirled about her as she descended.

“Can you see any of the islands?” Cadet Rikane asked flying steadily behind Umbra under his own power. The clouds passing through Cadet Rikane as he lowered his density figuring it would be easier than trying to dodge so many clouds.

“Yes, I can see four or five right now and my scanners say there should be at least 10.” Umbra said.

Commander Sily glided down silently and quickly reaching the first of the 10 islands. The clouds down here weren’t as thick and lighter in color but still dark. There was no sun down here but the islands stood out in the skyline.

“Why don’t any of you live on the ground? It looks like there’s a giant forest down there.” Umbra said once she landed next to Commander Sily.

“The Eternal Flame is where we belong and those forests are filled with beasts that eat my people. We lived down there 100 years ago before we were given the gift of flight by the Eternal Flame. Our wings which we’ve always had were now capable of flight as well. But now without it we are all slowly falling.” Commander Sily admitted.

“I’m sorry. We’ll find away to reignite it I’m sure.” Umbra said.

Cadet Rikane and Cadet Skye Harris began moving islands instantly upward. Cadet Rikane had increased his strength tenfold causing his skin to become a dark magenta and his frame to become bulky to the point of it looked like he had no neck.

“Thank god you’re here! I’ve been drifting for days.” Called a voice from the island Umbra and Commander Sily were on as they turned they saw a young red headed man standing there in a pair of white shorts.

“Who are you?” Commander Sily asked.

“I’m Dirk Morgna…I was renting out this island logging when the Eternal Flame disappeared. But I guess I drifted while I was sleeping and the next morning when I woke up to check out I was down here with no way up. Thankfully you guys stocked the mini bar.” Dirk said causally not realizing the danger he could have been in.

“Why is this kid always around fire?” Umbra thought to himself.

“So are we ready to leave?” Dirk asked.

“Yes, let’s get him out of here once we’ve cleared all 15 islands a I can see more over there and the scanners show five but I think there’s a few more from the outlines I see on the horizon.” Umbra said.

“Agreed.” Commander Sily said before taking off to identify all the islands they could see.

“Dodgy guy huh?” Dirk pointed to Commander Sily.

“Just a bit.” Umbra said with her eyes focused on Commander Sily’s destination.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:25 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Outside the Hearth
Omni #861231 07/21/15 10:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outside the Hearth:
Roll Call:
Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. Energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.

It had been a month since Cadet Jazmin Cullen had become reacquainted her long dead brother from another reality. He seemed just as sour and arrogant as she her own brother. But since seeing him again and outside missions they have yet to utter a single word to each other. But being here in this cloudy dark world where their powers glowed like twin stars in the night Cadet Jazmin Cullen had to say something.

“Cadet James… how are your islands doing?” Cadet Jazmin asked starting easy.

“They’re fine Cadet Jazmin and my belt is holding fine.” Cadet James tone was pointed.

“I never said it wasn’t.” Cadet Jazmin was caught off guard. Clearly he felt uneasy around her and how she didn’t need a belt.

“I know there are concerns. I’m not a moron. I see the way your friends look at me. I see the way you look at me.” Cadet James eyes cast downward as the glow of his violet power surged around his hands in a circle as the light bounced off the blackened clouds.

“James…we just worry about anyone who has to relay on an external power source. It can be dangerous. But you handle yourself well and its worry for your safety. Not that you a liability.”Cadet Jazmin knew exactly what he felt when it came to his belt. She remembered feeling the same way before she underwent her procedures.

They were silent for a moment as they each moved several more islands.

“Where have you been all this time Jazmin?” Cadet James broke the silence.

“What?” Cadet Jazmin was shocked out of her own thoughts.

“Where have you been all this time? You left without any word. We thought and declared you dead and then you show up out of nowhere in the cadet program with a dozen other powered people, amplified powers, and you don’t say anything to me. What happened to you? I know we aren’t the closest siblings but I would think you owe and explanation about how you’ve come back from the dead.”

Cadet Jazmin was stunned. She didn’t know what to say. After all this time in the Cadet Program this realities James Cullen recognized her as his sister.

“It’s complicated.” Cadet Jazmin responded.

“Clearly.”

“Did Candi recognize me too?” Cadet Jazmin asked simply.

“Yes. We talked about it after the match and your girl’s night. But she said you didn’t say anything to her and treated her as a stranger almost.”

Cadet Jazmin closed her amber eyes as a slight tear feel for a second. This was killing her. She was getting the chance to have her brother back but she had to keep that guard up that she had always wished he’d drop.

“Me and my friends have been traveling a long time and things have changed in a lot of ways…” Cadet Jazmin said carefully.

“I see. Your power levels are off the charts.”

“Been reading my file?”

“Yes and even though my innate quantum abilities are low grade even I can feel you when you use your powers.” James said as sweat dripped from his forehead as he tried to move the Largest Island they’ve seen besides the capital.

“Here let me help.” Cadet Jazmin’s hand glowed bright amber yellow as she slowed down the island and reinforced his field. She knew she was going to have to reinforce many of his stasis fields.

“I’ve got it!” James barked back his hands glowing brighter as the island and the stasis field steadied themselves.

“Fine.” Cadet Jazmin simply move slowed different island into stasis the Validus had thrown towards them.

“James…I’m sorry for leaving without an explanation and I hope one day I can tell you and Candi more. As far as my behavior…I just wasn’t sure you were the people I remembered and was scared. I’m sorry.” Jazmin said her heart lightening a little as it wasn’t a lie on her part.

“I accept your apology but you’ll need to talk to Candi.” Cadet James said as his power glowed around another island.

“Will do.” Cadet Jazmin said with a small smile. Even though she knew this wasn’t her brother she was happy to have her brother back.

“What’s that?”Cadet James looked back past Cadet Jazmin.

“What?” Cadet Jazmin turned and looked at the Capital Island. A portal of fire rained down on to the main building but wasn’t incinerating it at all.

“Could that be them trying to restart the Eternal flame?”

“It could be. But something seems wrong… look at how violent the sky is getting.” Cadet Jazmin pointed out.

“Well hopefully whatever they are doing they’re ok because from what I can see we’re about to have our hands full.” Cadet James said as he stopped three small islands that had been hurled towards them and more were incoming.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:27 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 Back at the Capital Island: Inside the Hearth.
Omni #861232 07/21/15 11:00 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Back at the Capital Island: Inside the Hearth.
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Sister Fia of Scylla and Sisterhood of the Eternal Flame.
Sister Beauty Blaze of Scylla and Conduit of the Sisterhood of the Eternal Flame.

“I’ll repeat put your hands down and stop whatever it is you’re doing or I will be forced to shoot!” Yelled Sergeant Erin at Sister Fia.

“I can’t!” Sister Fia screamed back as she made eye contact with Sergeant Erin her hand started quivering.

Sergeant Erin’s blaster started to move towards her but instantly Sergeant Erin was moved and no longer in Sister Fia’s eye line and was no longer shaking. Cadet Tarka had moved her in a blink of an eye without anyone seeing.

“Whew. Man if I’m going to be moving people more often I’ve got to get some more muscles.” Cadet Tarka said standing looking at his slender blue frame for a moment before the borage of flames began pouring out of the ring of fire.

Sergeant Erin ran quickly as Cadet Tarka disappeared in an instant again appearing on the other side of the room before either of them could blink and then again in another spot. Cadet Tarka doing his best to help draw Sister Beauty Blaze’s fire from Sergeant Erin as she continued to try and get a clear shot at either Sister Fia or Sister Beauty Blaze.

“I’ve got the sacrifices oh great eternal fires of life. Please grant me the power to be the Eternal Flame, to become Phy’r!” Sister Beauty Blaze yelled up into the portal as she absorbed all the light, heat, and flame she could from the three Cadets.

“We sense the three sacrifices of light…wait we sense another who can make claim to the flame.” The Eternal Fires from the portal said.

“What?” Sister Beauty Blaze barked.

“We sense the other Conduit Inferno among the sacrifices.” The ring of fire expanded as it pulled Cadet Inferno up higher into the ring releasing her from her frozen position.

“How do you know her name? From when she communed with the Eternal Flame?”

“No. we know young Inferno from the day the darkness clamed Sun Girl, your mother.” The voice informed them.
“What? You communed more than once and when mother died?” Sister Beauty Blaze sounded wounded by these events more so than angry.

“I didn’t commune and it was by accident…and I found mother the day she died.”Cadet Inferno said with a strained voice.

“Yes, you came in and saw the darkness that our light fights against in your world. The day your mother died she was fighting the darkness it was your light that helped save your reality from its consumption.”

“Yes, I had come into the Hearth to find Mom. I had been having nightmares for last three days about the darkness in the world and each night she had sung me back to sleep using her flame to act out the song.” Cadet Inferno choked up on up a little more as she spoke.

“But when I had gotten there mom was battling the darkness and it was consuming her. I called out to her and when I did, instinctively I reached out with my flames and she attached to me. But then the darkness became aware of me and it began to consume me instead; leaving Mom gasping for breath.”

“Yes the darkness would consume you and wanted to make you its host as you could be a host for a long time.”

“But Mom wouldn’t let the darkness go and pulled it back into herself before flying into the Eternal Flame burning away the darkness into the portal of fire.” Cadet Inferno said through sobs of tears now.

Sister Beauty Blaze was also crying tears of flickering flame which rolled down her cheeks.

“But I don’t want it. She can have the flame. Just let us all go!” Cadet Inferno pleaded as she rose up her flames bursting out from her automatically as she wiped away the tears.

“See she say’s I am the Conduit! Now make me Phy’r!” Sister Beauty Blaze yelled her tears still continuing.

“We cannot give you claim as you share the power of the Eternal Flame. Only one can lay claim to the entity known as Phy’r!” The Eternal Fires toned.

“Are you SPROKIN’ kidding me! I’m denied my right to claim the power and light of the Eternal Flame Phy’r because of you again!” Sister Beauty Blaze screamed her flames bursting out before she rushed and began to strangle Cadet Inferno.

“Whooshhhh.” In an instant Cadet Nah used his anti-gravity belt combined with his super speed to grab Cadet Inferno from the clutches of Sister Beauty Blaze.

“How dare you!” Sister Beauty Blaze fired on them.

Cadet Nah shifting to invulnerability.
“Hey lady! Try this on for size!” Cadet Tharok yelled as he blasted her with sonic cannon waves made from the damaged propulsion unit. The cannon caused her to lose her bearings for a moment before she began an assault on Cadet Tharok blackening each spot he jumped from.

Cadet Tharok continued to run around the room trying his best to hit Sister Beauty Blaze from different angles. But she blocked everything he threw with a thick wave of flame or increased the draw of power from the Cadets who were still trapped in the ring of fire.

“Hey Cadet, you think you could get off me now? Her fire is drawn elsewhere.”

“Sorry just wanted to make sure she was done with us. We need to get everyone out of here.” Cadet Nah said.

“No we need to free them and stop her!” Cadet Inferno yelled.

“Who is this witch anyway?” Cadet Nah not being there for the introductions.

“That Witch is my sister and we’re going to stop her!” Cadet Inferno said using her anti-gravity belt to try and fly up but it was fired by the fire.

Cadet Tarka reappeared next to them as Sergeant Erin ran up to them.

“What now?” Sergeant Erin asked holding her blaster ready to fire.

Cadet Tharok had gone around the whole room and back to the entrance where Cadet Tellus was entering into the Hearth.

“Nice of you to join us fish face!” Cadet Tharok said running past him shooting sonic waves at the ring till finally Sister Beauty Blaze hit the sonic cannon head on melting it instantly. Making Cadet Tharok drop it instantly.

While Cadet Tellus‘s telekinesis helped block a wall of flames that had passed by him while Cadet Tharok ran past. But when he saw Cadet Tharok was about to be hit with another wave of flames when Tellus extended a telekinetic shield around him saving him from the flames at the last minute.

“Thanks!” Cadet Tharok said curtly before running off again firing his lasers not at Sister Beauty Blaze but at Cadet Chey-Nu, who was still spinning around the ring of fire.

“Hey Lazon! Get your head in the game and get out of their shift forms of light!” Cadet Tharok said as he took a reading from his spectra glasses giving him the idea to change one of the variables to end this craziness.

“I’ve tried but nothing’s really worked and sunshine really is just fun!”

“Do it!” Tharok yelled zapping him again trying to see if he gives Cadet Chey-Nu a shot of laser light he might be able to switch easier.”

“OK!” Cadet Chey-Nu continued to try and as he swirled around the ring of light and fire he caught hold of some of Cadet A. Ranzz’s lighting. He began shifting his electrons to match her lighting. Finally after a few minutes of holding the lighting he transformed into lighting. Quickly he realized he was free and he began traveling down Cadet A. Ranzz’s bolt.

Cadet Chey-Nu fought against the strong current she was generating to finally just before reaching her finger tips jumped from the lighting and transformed into his humanoid form.

“Wow…good to be free.” Cadet Chey-Nu said standing quickly and turning into laser light to blast away from the fiery ring before Sister Beauty Blaze could suck him back in. With the loss of another sacrifice the ring of fire decreased. Cadet A. Ranzz was the only one left.

“OK is there a reason why this hasn’t closed or stopped if I’m the only one left? Doesn’t it need all three of us to work it?” Cadet A. Ranzz yelled as she felt Sister Beauty Blaze pull on her more.

“It will close when I want it to close!” Sister Beauty Blaze’s flames burst forth as she shouted this to not only them but the Eternal Firer’s as well. Her once crystal blue eyes replaced with flames as she pushed herself upward towards the portal the room erupting in flames.

Cadet Inferno used her powers to protect herself, Cadet Nah, and Sergeant Erin. While Cadet’s Tellus and Tharok were behind Cadet Tellus’s telekinetic shield and Cadet Tarka had yet to appear still. However Sister Fia wasn’t as lucky as the flames consumed her burning her to ash. With Sister Fia gone Cadet Ognats could stop running but before she did she grabbed Cadet A. Ranzz out of the ring of fire pulling her to over by the doors that burst open flooding the room with air as Cadet Validus burst into the Hearth; his bright pink lighting blasting at the now significantly smaller ring of fire which protected Sister Beauty Blaze. Quickly shadowed filtered in behind him and strong winds pushed back the flames. Cadet Rikane flew in carrying the recently rescued Dirk Morgna.

Commander Sily flew in over Cadet Validus right shoulder and as he entered the light from Sister Blazing Beauty restored vibrancy to him that they hadn’t seen since they arrived. His hair seemed fuller and his muscles leaner stronger. While his almost steel looking wings reflected their silver hue once more, sending a cascade of rainbow out into the Hearth. Sergeant Erin was instantly affected and her vision became a kaleidoscope of colors dazing her making her miss the few shots she tried to get off at Sister Beauty Blaze.

“We have her out numbered now. We can take her down!” Screamed Cadet Nah.

“Even outnumbered her flame and connection to the Eternal Fire dimension is making her pretty powerful. She’s not going to stop till she becomes Phy’r.” Cadet Inferno said without taking her eyes away from Sister Beauty Blaze.

“Don’t deny me! Give me the flame! I have the power!”

“We cannot bestow it to you as we said. You are half of a whole flame and thus cannot bond properly. But we sense another who can become the light in the darkness and host of Phy’r.

“What? There can’t be any other host. No one else here wields the flame or has a true connection to it that isn’t half a flame like mine!”

“True and though you have been bequeathed the flame by birth right and you can force a bond with the flame through sacrifice, the Flame of Phy’r can choose its next host.”

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:28 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 I am Phy'r
Omni #861233 07/21/15 11:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Phy’r can choose?”

“Yes and Phy’r has chosen. Dirk Morgna you have been chosen to be the host of Phy’r the Eternal Flame!”The voice of the Eternal Firers of Creation bellowed from high above in the portal as the ring of light grew bright sending a tendril of light and flame straight for Dirk Morgna as it surrounded him

“What’s happening? Someone help me please!” Dirk called out as the flames and light circled him till finally swirling so fast they created a cyclone around him that eventually dipping in on him covering his body in the energy. Changing Dirk’s entire body, burning away his clothes and his body glowing a bright yellow and eventually turning into one giant flame.

“AHH!!!”

“What’s happening to him?” Cadet Rikane yelled.

“The Eternal Flame Elemental Phy’r is choosing a new host it seems. But he’s not in any distress I promise. I’m monitoring his mind and pain receptors to try and lessen it.” Cadet Tellus said over the telepathic link.

And just as suddenly as it started it stopped and the Eternal Flame reappeared high above Sister Beauty Blaze.

“NOOOOOOO!!!” Sister Beauty Blaze cried as she looked up at the giant diamond of Fire before her. Doing her best to commune with the new flame and steal any power she could. But the flame responded badly and pushed a solar flare flame down at her which pushed her to the ground knocking her unconscious. Cadet Tellus wrapped her up quickly with some makeshift cuffs while Cadet Rikane lifted her up over by the resting Cadet A. Ranzz and Cadet Chey-Nu.

“The Phy’r has chosen and our will be done. The Eternal Flame known as Phy’r has chosen a new host and has regained its sentience. You are free to spread our message again and live your life before you were stripped of your sentience.” Said the Eternal Fire’s of Creation.

“But this world needs your light and power great Phy’r! The sisterhood, my people the silver winged, and all the other Scyllaians beings!” Commander Sily pleaded.

“And what of Dirk Morgna? Is he dead now?” Sergeant Erin asked.

“No the being known as Dirk Morgna is still alive and he controls Phy’r once the bond is cemented. He will be free to choose his own path to help against the darkness and other evils of your world.” The Eternal Firers of Creation bellowed rumbling the ground a bit.

Slowly the returned diamond shaped Eternal Flame dripped from its base a beam of flame and light that swirled down to the floor of the Hearth. Quickly swirling down and then back up as it flashed away to reveal the glowing body of Dirk Morgna; slowly his bloody returning to its normal human state. He stood naked before them and his when he opened his eyes they were a black with bright red pupils, which changed his vision, allowing him to see the heat signatures of those around him.

“I’m right here. I’ve bonded with the Eternal Flame Phy’r. Your pleas have been heard Commander Sily. I the Eternal Flame Phy’r will stay him in a dormant state as my consciousness and a portion of its power will remain out on the earthly plain and experience the universe for the first time in over 1000 years.” It was Dirk talking but the friendly voice he was had was now stiff and somewhat cold. None of them knew Dirk Morgna very well at all but they could feel the difference and the power and consciousness of the ancient elemental in their presence.

“If you’re looking to experience life beyond the clouds of Scylla, might I suggest coming to the Academy.” Sergeant Erin said as she went over to him, while Cadet Umbra created a dark field around his body to cover him till they could get him some clothes.

“Wait…what about the Sisterhood? They will be without a Conduit won’t they? I mean there’s no way we’re leaving Sleeping Blaze here in charge.” Cadet Chey-Nu said pointing at Sister Beauty Blaze.

“I can burn her.” Dirk the Eternal Phy’r avatar said.

“What?” Several Cadets yelled at once.

“It’s a ritual of the Eternal Flame. It allows the Eternal Flame to wipe away her memory of past transgressions of evil and give her a fresh start of sorts.” Cadet Inferno said as she approached her sister brushing back her golden bangs.

“Her heart was in the right place.” Dirk said placing a scorching hand on Cadet Inferno’s shoulder. His hand and her shoulder smoldering slightly but not enough to hurt or burn her.

“I’m sure it was.” Cadet Inferno said as tears of flickering flame rolled down her cheek before she sniffled and whipped them away.

“Do want you must.” Cadet Inferno said as she stood and walked outside the Hearth.

In an instant Sister Beauty Blaze was consumed by the fires of creation until they receded to her temples where her mind was wiped of the last several years, of all the secrets she learned about Phy’r and the rituals were stripped from her. But knowledge of the new conduit avatar was persevered as to not confuse her. Cadet Tellus’s eyes glowed pink and while his nods glowed orange as he monitored Sister Beauty Blaze’s mental whipping.

“She is unharmed.” Tellus said softly.

“Of course she is. She is the Conduit, Beauty Blaze and her beauty inside and out shall shine again.” Dirk said stroking her cheek softly as she rested.

“And what are you?” Cadet Skye Harris asked as she stared at him cautiously unsure if his presence could be a tip in the scales of the universe.

“I am Dirk Morgna, host of the Eternal flame Phy’r, but since I’m need in two places, this body you see before you is the Avatar of the Eternal Flame, who while on Scylla will simply be known as Sun Boy.” Dirk Morgna’s smiled broadened.

“Good enough for me Sun Boy now let’s get you some Clothes and work out the details.” Sergeant Erin said leading him out of the Hearth and towards the cruiser.

The Eternal flame shone bright above the Capital Island as they exited the Hearth. The flames power reaching the islands and slowly regenerating power to them as they begin to float upwards; many that were in the glowing used of The Cadets Cullen’s stasis fields slowly lifted. The pink and amber hues no longer bouncing off the dark and murky clouds as they have become light and fluffy, Scylla has started to repair itself. Slowly flying around the islands as the Sisters return in their aerial ships the Silver winger’s people are flying around the islands their wings casting rainbows in every direction.

The end.

Last edited by Omni; 07/21/15 11:37 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/21/15 I am Phy'r
Omni #861557 07/24/15 08:21 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Tasmia's line about Dirk Morgna and fire made me laugh out loud, well done...interesting way of getting us a Sun Boy too smile

Omni #861573 07/24/15 09:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I've read up until the mission order comes in. Nice work with Inferno, I like how this one is troubled but a tad less angry than the other Sandy.

Gigi, Shvaughn and Gim are very good friends, I like how they can tell so much about each other without saying anything.

Triad IS so nice, and she was the perfect vehicle for spelling out what's going on in this reality. Nice work highlighting her different selves.

Omni #861691 07/25/15 10:09 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I laughed at Umbra's line about Dirk too. This is not your usual Dirk... Is he a native of Scylla? Will you be exploring why he was chosen?

Beauty Blaze was interesting, her envy of Inferno was well done. Also liked the playing out of Inferno's backstory.

Nightwind's determination continues to be interesting. Liked Umbra taking charge and not falling for Tharok's bait. Jo's reactions to Tellus and Tharok were interesting too.

Omni #862165 07/28/15 12:46 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Guys I'm glad you like the New Sun Boy.

IB, Scylla is a vacation spot and Dirk was visiting when the Eternal Flame went out.

I have no plans for a why but i'm sowing the seeds for something else down the line for him.

I'm glad you liked Inferno. This isn't the last we've seen of her fears of the dark, her visits with Dr.R'rkk, or Beauty Blaze for that matter.

I agree completely Triad is nice. at least Orange is. lol. If this scene was between Lu Purple and Inferno i think it would go much different.

Jo and Tharok will always be at odds.

Nightwinds determined and focused but i wonder if that focus can be broken?

I'm glad Gim,Gig, and Shauvung's friendship was well received.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/28/15 Epilogue
Omni #862240 07/28/15 02:20 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Epilogue: Outside the Hearth, Capital Island on Scylla.
Roll Call:
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla– heat and light generation and manipulation
Dirk Morgna avatar of the Eternal Flame. –Heat and light generation and manipulation. Mental Connection to the Eternal Flame.

Inferno sat outside the Hearth floating Island on the steps as the restored Eternal Flame, the Terran once known as Dirk Morgna's light brightly burns darkness away. The clouds had all lightened and each of the islands that had floated away was restored to their proper orbits around the capital. It was like coming home again but it wasn’t home anymore. The fire shine was different. Dirks soul made it much brighter here that it was before. The original host of Phy’r was old and his light was that of high noon at all times. His light was never wavering. But she watched as Dirk adjusted the intensity of the Flame to give more light to the silver’s flying around him.

“Penny for your thoughts?” the avatar body of Dirk Morgna asked.

“You could say that Sun Boy.” Inferno said staring straight ahead.

“You can call me Dirk if you want. The whole conduit thing needn’t apply.” He said with a flirtatious smile.

“So Dirk’s personality is in there. But you’re the Elemental Phy’r aren’t you? Dirk’s not going to be leaving this place at all.” Inferno’s gaze was still fixed as a burst of prism light refracted across the steps of the Hearth.

“You’re very astute. Yes, I’m Phy’r and I’ve retained Dirk’s memories, and bits of his personality. But his mind and will…his soul they are all here within the Eternal Flame.”

“Did you explain he was signing up for that; for a permanent sunny vacation?”

“Yes. He knows what is stake for Scylla if there is no Eternal Flame and he also knows what is out there waiting for him, now that he’s the new host of my elemental flame.”

“And what’s out there?”Inferno scoffed.

“Mordru.” Said Avatar Dirk, Phy’r the elemental.

“What?” Inferno snapped and for the first time looking at Dirk whose red and black eyes stared at her and even Inferno could feel the heat from them.

“He knows about my original host dying and that the power of Phy’r and the Fires of Creation are up for grabs. That’s why I choose a new host. I was going to choose your sister but when the ritual didn’t work…which sorry about that. She learned the spell and ritual from me.”

Inferno tried to feel his sincerity but knew that it was false.

“You were scared admit it. It was about a new host and you promised false hope and lies to both my sister and now to Dirk.”

“I was and I did. But it was to protect us all. If Mordru gets his hands on me or any of the Elementals there will be wide spread disaster. With Dirk as my host and even with him inside the flame I can help keep Mordru at bay better and he won’t be able to absorb me; even if he gets this body. It’s just an avatar.” The avatar Dirk said as his body transitioned from light to flame and back to flesh again in an instant.

“Will Dirk ever be free to return to his life?”

“Yes. Once the Evil Lord Mordru is dealt with once and for all Dirk will be free to resume his life. But he is also bonded to me for life and once I return to be the Eternal Flame of Scylla, he will retain his control and generation of heat, light and flame alike.” The avatar Dirk said simply.

“And what about my sister? Did you burn her away?”

“No. As I said just the last few years and most of it was just her information about Phy’r and the rituals. But I’m afraid her jealousy remains intact.”

“I don’t care about that. That was something I learned to deal with a long time ago. I’m just glad she’ll be ok and once she regains her strength to lead the sisterhood again I’m sure she’ll be fine.” Inferno returned her gaze back out to the silvers and their aerial show.

“She will and in the mean time I’ll be leaving a second avatar body here as Sun Boy to help run things, while I travel to Earth with you and your teammates.”

“Great.” Inferno said flatly.

The avatar Dirk got up and began to go back inside the Hearth.

“Oh and Inferno…”

“What?” Inferno asked in a small voice.

“Don’t let the darkness eat you inside. I know your flames keeping it at bay. But your battle with the darkness isn’t over and I think you know as well as I do scripture doesn’t lie, The Inferno will come and with her the darkness will know fear.”

Inferno didn’t say anything as the Avatar Dirk walked back into the Hearth. A small flame kissed tear feel from Inferno’s eyes as she remembered the scriptures he talked about. The reason she left Scylla after her first encounter with the darkness in the first place, because the scripture foretold a great battle between the light and the dark and the Inferno would consume all including the fires of her own beauty. Inferno looked down at her hand and made a small fire ball and as it burned the small fire ball’s bright orange flame began to glow a bright white hot blue. He flames color changing meant it was coming. Inferno knew that the darkness was still in her fighting its way to the surface and it was going to use her flame to consume everything and everyone around her. Including her sister.

Last edited by Omni; 07/29/15 01:47 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/28/15 Epilogue
Omni #862299 07/28/15 10:02 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Interesting to see where this goes, and glad you tied Dyrk/Phy'r into Mordru. I'm also glad to see that you clarified the extent of the possession.

I missed commenting on the Jazmin/James scene. It's good, and really helped show how the universe is molding itself around the Legionnaires. That also explains why they can just seemingly appear out of thin air, yet their identities or their very existence is not being questioned in this more controlled version of the UP.

Re: TotL: in U-248 7/29/15 Elemental glimpes
Omni #862419 07/29/15 04:11 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Across the Galaxy on Zerrox:

“Show me the four Elementals.” Mordru commanded the glowing crystal ball that floated in his hand.

The balls light white hot light expanded out as the smoke and light in the crystal ball cleared to show the four elementals. Mordru saw that Phy’r had found a new host and was now permanently out of his reach.

“Nass! Phy’r should have been mine. I knew I should have gone to Scylla the day Phy’r’s original host past on.” Mordru bellowed as he slammed his fist into his jewel encrusted thrown rattling it a little each gem shaking and as the light hit them the faces of many wizards and heroes appeared for a brief instant.

“Show me the remaining three…” Mordru’s stare intensified as he saw each one passed through the crystal ball. All three had yet to find a new host as each of their host original host had finally died. The remaining three elementals were searching for new host as they speak.

“They will not find hosts. I will take their power or enslave them to my will. One way or another they will be mine. I’ve been denied long enough.” Mordru shot a glare at the Hag Mysa who was seated at the foot of his thrown as it was her fault he had to banish the Elementals in the first place.

“Goodbye my friends. May you finally find piece.” Mysa the hag’s grey head hung low as one single tear escaped her wrinkled and withered eyes as she whispered this to herself.

“Mysa…daughter are the planets I banished the elements to all free now of the elementals influence now?”

“I sense no presence of them on those worlds. Scylla has a new host for Phy’r…”

“I know that already.” Mordru’s anger flared.

“Sorry father. The other planets are free of their influence and are now ripe with residual magical energies. Just as you knew they would be.”

“Are all three apart of the cursed Untied Planets?” Mordru’s disgust for the United Planets was palpable. He never backed down to an adversary before nor let them live this long. But at the Urgings of his Daughter and his favorite tool The Emerald Eye he’s let the United Planets be. Even let them take planets away from him. But soon that would change.

“Where is that blasted Eye? We’ve plans to make for these worlds.” Mordru thought to himself.

“Two are currently under United Planets protection, the third remaining planet which was host to the air elemental A'rie. The planet while she was there was known to many in this era as the Cyclone World; its formal designation is WL-306.” Mysa the hag’s hand glowed dimly as she gathered the information from her own crystal ball.

“Were the first two colonized or were they left barren like Cyclone World.” Mordru said choosing its more dramatic name.

“Yes in a manner of speaking. Both are members and in good standing and are heavily protected. The home of the water elemental Aqqu and the earth elemental Rrox are protected habitat worlds, as they are home to a large number species of animals that have gone extinct on other worlds. They’ve used technology to clone them and set up a wild preserves on both worlds. Rrox world is home to all land dwelling creatures, while the water elemental Aqqu’s world houses all aquatic life as it is an entire world of oceans.” Mysa said knowing these worlds well as before she was captured as her father’s servant and slave she had used the mystical energies of her dead friends to help guard some of Mordru’s deadliest weapons. But once she was placed into his service she retrieved them. The day she took the all the items from these worlds she felt her friends cry through the world around her as storms raged and the animals went crazy. Her friends may not have been sentient anymore. But she knew she was betraying their memory.

“Has the magic affected the worlds much?” Mordru’s interest peeked, not only at the possible magical properties of these worlds but the by the shire misery and heartache he sees and sense from Mysa.

“That’s the price you pay for betrayal daughter.” Mordru thought to himself.

“The magic is infused to the worlds and the animals but as none of them have true sentience they know not how to wield the powers at their grasps or what said power is.” Mysa said her head still bowed.

“Interesting…” Mordru said nothing more as his gray eyes gazed off into the stars as the ceiling to his throne room opened up its bricks peeling back one by one revealing their luminary glow.

Last edited by Omni; 07/29/15 04:12 PM.

Omni #862645 07/31/15 12:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, I love your story but am so far behind! Really liked Thoms poignant acknowledgement that this reality is now home (which kind of fore shadows later events), through to the presidents scheming, and Andromedas journal. All great!

Am on the bus going to work and will post more later.

Your story is a real space opera epic Omni, more, more, nore!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #863996 08/08/15 11:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks Harbinger! i hope you get a chance to catch up soon. Things are just starting to heat up from you then.

Thanks IB,

Mordru's reach is far in this reality and will be felt.

I'm glad you like Jazmin and James. I felt it was the best real life experience of whats going on in this reality. Jazmin and Star Boy are the two Legionnaires who have the most ties to other heroes, from the U247 reality. So with many of them showing up as cadets in U248, I figured they would be the most problematic in terms of how reality would rework itself. So i'm glad that scene worked to show case it.

But remember when Jazmin registered Brainy did upload information about them. thus not being questioned to deeply.

More coming soon.

Omni #864009 08/09/15 04:54 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yes, I remember the information upload. But the reality-rewriting will ensure that records of their existence will be complete even if their families/friends are interviewed. And I would not be surprised if this UP were more thorough in conducting background checks and things like that.

And if any of the Legionnaires come face-to-face with people in this reality who should know them, they will be treated as though they came from this reality too.

Re: TotL: in U-248 8/11/15 Can you release me
Omni #864367 08/11/15 08:11 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247: Sub level one. Personal Quarters hallway.

Roll Call:
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn. – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation of Brall U247.
Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making of unknown from U247.

“And how are we today Cosmic Boy?” Domain asked without turning around as Rokk opened Domains door to his room. But the force field was still intact.

“Domain.” Rokk simply said as he checked the setting for the force field and other security measurers they had taken to keep him here. Gear had done many tests on Domain’s jacket that houses his infinite space a dimension of his making. However, Gear had come up empty handed because the jacket was coded to work only for Domain as it was DNA activated.

“Is that all you have to say?” Domain teased

“Is there something you’d like to discuss?” Rokk said continuing to check everything on the panel and then double checking on his omnicom.

“Yes. My release.”

“I’m sorry, your what?” Rokk asked trying to stifle a laugh.

“My release from this prison cell.”

“If you mean your room, I’m sorry but I don’t think giving you free reign in this reality would benefit anyone.” Rokk said returning to checking the security measures.

“Then how about just within this place you call a headquarters. I need to stretch and move more than just to the bathroom. Not to mention I’ve watched every feed you’ve allowed me access to at least `100 times. I will say this; our reality was much faster with the information up take and forth coming with it.

“That would be because the U.P. is basically a military state here, which clearly you didn’t read or watch any of the feeds on the history or current events we left open for you.”

“Both were never favorite subjects of mine.” Domain said as he looked at his white hands and pretended to look at his nails that he didn’t have.

“Then that would be another reason not to let you out. But seeing as you are here with us indefinitely I’ll put it to a vote with the team and get back to you.” Rokk said with the politest smile he could muster. He knew they couldn’t keep Domain locked up forever without a trial but since he technically didn’t exist in this reality there was no one to put him to trial and they couldn’t treat any sentient no matter how evil and corrupt so some version of a freedom in a world where his misdeeds didn’t happen.

“That’s all I ask.” Domain said as he raised his hands.

With that the door shut tightly separating the two of them. Domain looked around the small grey standard room with its four walls and the small closet across from the floating twin bed and smiled before dropping back down on his bed causing it to dip low to almost hitting the floor.

Last edited by Omni; 08/11/15 08:21 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 811/15 Dark Tides rising
Omni #864368 08/11/15 08:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy

Roll Call:
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part. Enhanced circuitry in various body parts.

Tharok sat in his room on the 18th floor of the Academy he was lucky enough to have been given a single room even though he knew it had more to do with the Academy not wanting him to infect any of their precious cadets with his truth and have them following his doctrine of take what you want from whom you want. The U.P. was fools thinking they would ever control him. He hacked every one of their servers before they even knew what hit them.

“Then how’d you end up here super genius?” Tharok thought to himself.

He knew the answer to that. He got cocky and stopped erasing his trail. But it might not have just been sloppiness. Tharok liked the notoriety of being on the most wanted list in the entire United Planets! It was a thrill that he liked.

“But now I’m here…” Tharok looked around his room. It was spacious as it was meant for two people. He’d been here almost a month and had yet to touch the other side of the room. The floating bed and desk lay at a steady hum that wasn’t audible to anyone. But Tharok had his ears laced with circuitry that increased his hearing impressively. He couldn’t hear through walls yet. But that was a modification he’d get once this tour of hell was over. He was lucky the nannites still hadn’t detected his enhancements. But they were minor that they didn’t do much but make him at his physical peak. But even so Tharok had a bio-neural transmitter put in his brain, which sends a signal to the nannites to block them from registering any and all enhancements; including the bio-neural transmitter. It was the best he could get on the black market.

“Let’s face it the real reason I’m here and not on Takron-Galtos is because of Validus. They want control of that big lug so bad it’s tasty.” Tharok thought as he sat up and licked his lips as he pulled his brown hair back into a ponytail.

“Beep! Beep!”

“Hmm…” Tharok looked around as he heard the sound of an old style communication device; called a Beeper that went off from his belt on his floating chair. The Beeper not only did it beep when it had a message but it also flashed a bright light which finally altered Tharok to look at his belt. He took the old Beeper out of the utility belt’s pocket.

“Where’d this come from? It’s not standard Science Police issue…and it looks to be at least 100 years old…” Tharok began to study the Beeper; looking for any serial numbers or planetary markings. But nothing was on it.

“Beep! Beep!” The Beeper going off again its blinding flash hitting Tharok square in the eye activating a hypnotic state in Tharok and then the message began.

“Hello Tharok. Your services are requested. This Beeper will be our only communication. I will contact you with your missions.” A garbled voice said through the Beeper’s speaker.

“Who are you?” Tharok fought to say through the hypnotic state, the enhancements in his eyes to filter out hypnotic suggestion finally kicking in. Tharok’s eyes glowed a dim green for a second as his irises adjusted.

“Call me the Dark Man.” Spoke the garbled voice again.

“You can hear me? I thought this was a recorded message?” Tharok said.

“It is. But I know your questions. They are simple. I’ll message you soon with your first mission and once completed, 1000 credits will be deposited to an account for you. Thus ends this message.” Instantly the blinking light stopped and Tharok was completely released from the Hypnotic state.

“1000 credits…not bad. But I don’t think whoever this Dark Man is, thought I’d have any memory of this…” Tharok said turning the device over in his hands smiling.

“Hypnotized missions…covert… been a while since I’ve had to do any of those. But this could be fun…and I could potentially learn some things that might help get me out of here permanently.” Tharok thought to himself as a thin grin spread across his face.

Last edited by Omni; 08/11/15 08:20 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 8/11/15 Search for Jusitce
Omni #864370 08/11/15 08:13 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Captain Allon’s suit on the 70th floor.

Roll Call:
Captain Gim Allon – Science Police Captain and headmaster of the Special Unit Training Academy.
Cadet Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247

The sun shone in brightly through the sliding glass doors that lead out to the balcony of Captain Allon’s suite.

“I think we have enough evidence from your sessions with Mano to get some justice for him.” Captain Allon said as he sat at his desk.

“I hope so Captain. Mano was tortured and turned into a killing machine by that Monster.” Cadet Ardeen said sitting across from Captain Allon’s desk in a white floating chair.

“Yes, I read the reports and watched your sessions. They are harsh. McCauley really did a number on him and once we present this to President Chu, she’ll have to arrest him for sentient mistreatment according to…”

“According to statute 205, of the experimentation act of 2974 which states that no sentient being willing to undergo experimentation will be tortured to manipulate a result in said experiment.”

“Very good Cadet. You’ve got it verbatim. But do you understand what that means?” Captain Allon taking a moment to test one of his highest ranking cadets.

“The statute protects against creating assassins, killing machines of any kind in experimentation with in the Federation of Worlds; which presided the United Planets, as this was during the middle of the assassin’s war of 2973-2975.” Cadet Ardeen smiled confidently as she gave Captain Allon this history lesson.

“Great job Cadet.” Captain Allon gave a firm smile and head nod.

“Attention Captain Allon, President Chu is calling. Shall I open the full body holo image?” The A.I. system toned.

“Yes and thank you computer.”

A ball of light dropped from the center of the ceiling just below Captain Allon’s desk. Both Cadet Ardeen and Captain Allon quickly moved down to the sunken floor and stood with their hands behind their backs and feet spread apart.

“Captain, a pleasure to hear from you again.” President Chu smiled as she was instantly aware of Cadet Ardeen’s presence.

“Thank you for returning my call Madam President. This is Cadet Imra Ardeen of Titan and one of the highest ranking Alpha Cadets.” Captain Allon said as he saw President Chu’s eyes shift to Cadet Ardeen.

“It’s very nice to meet you Cadet Ardeen.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Madam President.” Cadet Ardeen saluted for a moment before President Chu nodded her head slightly and Cadet Ardeen returned to her waiting stance.

“I hate all this rigidness… it’s been forever since I was part of the Science Police Academy. I had forgotten all of these formalities and to have to do them towards the woman who tried to have the Legion killed at one point. Is harder than I thought it would be.” Cadet Ardeen thought to herself.

It had been forever since any of them had even thought of President Chu.

“Captain your message said this was regarding the Mano case? I thought that was dealt with?” President Chu said her smile never leaving her face as she shifted back to business and her attention back to Captain Allon.

“Yes, Madam President. We have proof that McCauley tortured and manipulated Mano into a killing machine, which violates Statue 205…”

“Captain, McCauley brought Mano in to help save his life. He had to use many invasive techniques to try and cure him.”

“Madam President we have evidence, telepathic memory sessions with Cadet Ardeen bringing Mano’s core personality to the surface and opening his memory has revealed that McCauley tortured Mano and purposely was making him into a killing machine. The chemical that he was exposed to does cause the user to experience a hunger for destruction. But according to McCauley’s reports the psychic treatment would train the exposed person control that hunger. Mano’s own memory and psychic mind charts, along with brain scans show that his mind was tampered with and that the hunger was left unchecked and in some cases goaded.”

“Those were the test done to see how the power works Captain. McCauley Industries has already shared all of this with us. They’ve handed over every tape from his sessions and yes some of the things on those tapes and I’m sure in Mano’s memory are horrifying. But those all helped give Mano the control he has. This from what I can see here on your Cadet updates Mano’s improving well in the cadet program. An Omega class, but the highest in it.” President Chu’s smile never fading as her eyes darted slowly back and forth between Captain Allon and Cadet Ardeen.

“He is Madam President. But if you’ve seen the tapes then you know they violate the Statute. McCauley made him into a killing machine and never got him help to learn to control it.”

“That was the next phase Captain. Take a look for yourself.” President Chu’s holo image swiped her hand to the left on a glowing panel.

“File received and reviewed.” The A.I. system toned.

“Open file please.”

Instantly the file opened before them. The detailed plans for a fourth phase dedicated to psychic mental conditioning to control the hunger. Both of them read the file but felt this was all too convenient that this part of the program wasn’t in their initial finds, which Captain Allon had all of the original copies of.

“We never found that file.”

“It was in a computer mainframe that had been damaged but they salvaged the information. “ President Chu said simply.

“I see.”

“But Mano’s own memories are still proof of mistreatment.”Cadet Ardeen interrupted as she stared down President Chu’s holo.

“Yes, I agree and McCauley industries were fined 3000 credits. Now is this matter closed?” President Chu said more than asked continuing to speak only to Captain Allon.

“Yes Madam President.”

“Good and a good day to both of you. Captain I look forward to your next report.”
And with that President Chu’s holo image shimmered away.

“Captain what are we going to tell Mano? We promised him justice and a 3000 credit fine isn’t any type of justice he’ll want or deserves.”

“I know Cadet. But if the president said the matter is closed the matter is closed. But that doesn’t mean we can’t find something else in those files, including the ones the president just sent us.” Captain Allon said determined to get justice for Mano somehow.

“Cadet…did you get any mental impressions off of the president?”

“Well…she was in downtown Metropolis at her office and with the help of the Titan Net I was able to link in to her Titan Adept without him knowing of course.”

“I’m still getting used to slipstream technology never mind the Titan Net. Thankfully I barely have to use it and I get to rely on old fashioned communications.”

“Understandable sir. But seeing as you have an alpha class Titan in your mist you might want to use it a little more often. If you had I could have gained more information from Madam President.”
“Would you enter her mind without her consent?” Captain Allon asked.

“Technically, I’m already in her mind. When using the Titan Net, the Adept connects the non telepathic person to another non telepathic person, but you may not realize is that the other person also has an Adept helping them connect. Thus the two Adepts are connecting the minds and so I’m in her mind and that of her Adepts and vice versa. But I’m very skilled at not leaving any traces of what I’m looking for or how deep I probe.” Cadet Ardeen hopped she could convince Captain Allon to use the Titan Net the next time he talked to the President. She knew President Chu might have some answers on how to get Mano some justice.

“Perhaps Cadet Ardeen.” Captain Allon’s brow furrowed as he gave it some thought.

“Cadet…I have a question for you.”

“Yes, Captain?” Cadet Ardeen asked

“I came across your file from your days in the Science Police Academy on Titan. Why didn’t you mention your Cadet Days?” Captain Allon asked his brown eyes staring hard into Cadet Ardeen.

“My what?” Cadet Ardeen thought to herself. She didn’t have a counter part in this reality and she read the information Brainy had uploaded on her. There was never a mention of my Science Police training on Titan.

“I’m sorry Captain. That was a long time ago. But it was never brought up till now, so I had assumed you knew already when my bio scans and identification confirmation came through.” Cadet Ardeen said steadily. Thinking on her feet.

“We’ve got to have a team meeting soon.” Cadet Ardeen thought to herself.

“Good point. Sadly the files from Titan were a bit harder to get because your mentor Aven didn’t want to release them. It seems you’ve missed some mandatory “psychic retreats” as he called them.” Captain Allon said making air quotes with his fingers.

“Yes, it’s to check in and cleanse your psychic energies. I’ll have to contact him soon and check in.” Cadet Ardeen said.

“Well that’s not an option. He’s on his way to Earth and the Academy as we speak.”

“Great. I haven’t seen Aven in forever. With your permission Captain may I be excused to prepare for him?”

“Of course Cadet…Imra…you’d tell me if there was a problem with him coming here right? If there’s a reason why you avoided those retreats I’ll keep him away.”
“No Captain its nothing like that. Sadly my friends and I just were stranded for a long time in our travels.”

“Alright Cadet. Have a good day then and good luck with your preparations.” Captain Allon said dismissing Cadet Ardeen.

“Someday I’ll get the truth out of one of them.” Captain Allon thought to himself.

Cadet Ardeen made her way easily to the jump tube. Once inside Cadet Ardeen’s thoughts raced as she telepathically shouted out to every Legionnaire she could to meet in the couples suite immediately.

Last edited by Omni; 08/11/15 08:18 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 8/11/15 Revelations
Omni #864371 08/11/15 08:15 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

“I call this meeting of Legion of Super Heroes to order. For the record all those present roll call. Cosmic Boy.” Rokk said begging the Legions meeting.

The entire team sat around the holo meeting table.

“Wildfire”
“Star Boy”
“Dreamer”
“Sensor”
“Karate Kid”
“M’Onel”
“Chameleon”
“Invisible Kid”
“Gear”

“All present and accounted for.”

“Do we really have to be so formal?” Star Boy asked

“It’s the legion way.” Chameleon joked.

“But for this?” Star Boy’s light brown eyes shifted to the holo image of Domain in his cell.

“It’s a meeting. So its gotta be official.” Chameleon said with a shrug.

“Everyone, Domain would like to be let out of his room to roam around the headquarters. He’s still without his coat which gives him access to his infinite space dimension making him essentially harmless.”

“Harmless? That being is a creep and he was out to kill you Cos.”Wildfire interjected.

“Thanks Drake for the concern but I actually vote we let him out. Yes his needs are met in there and true he has committed numerous crimes and murders but that was all in a reality that no longer exists. Making him innocent in a sense and his attack on us was made without the prior knowledge of our universe destruction and his payment with it. We may be choosing to stay together and be the Legion but he should have the chance at a clean slate.”

“So we’re letting him free into this reality?” M’Onel asked skeptically.

“No.” Cosmic Boy said firmly.

“He’s just allowed around the headquarters. Use of the gym, the VR room, and the recreation areas but won’t have access to the monitor room or the hanger. Gear has made a cuff for him to wear which goes off and pulls him away from those areas.” Cosmic Boy said nodding in Gear’s direction.

“Yes, he’ll be restricted and monitored at all time through the cuff.” Gear blinked his glowing green eyes as he said this.

“I’m fine with it.” Star Boy said wanting to get the meeting over with.

“I agree with Cosmic Boy. We should give him the benefit of the doubt.” M’Onel said his arms crossing instantly.

“Any bad visions or vibes ladies?” Chameleon asked looking at Sensor and Dreamer seated next to him at the holo table.

“Domain is nothing but bad vibes. But I haven’t had any dreams regarding him.” Dreamer said as she pushed back her long platinum blonde hair.

“I’m not fond of him and his mind isn’t the friendliest place to be. But we can’t keep him locked up forever. We’re not a prison.” Sensor said.

“I vote we keep him locked up.” Wildfire chimed in.

“If we keep him locked up we’ll just be fanning the flames of his dark mind as his soul might never find a light place to grow.” Karate Kid gave his approval.

“So we’re letting him out aren’t we?” Wildfire looked around with a groan as he slapped his helmet.

“Beep! Beep!” The holo table came to life with an incoming call.

“It’s the academy…” Invisible Kid said as he brought up the call.

“Imra what’s going on? Are you alright? Are you calling from a secure line?” Cosmic Boy
asked.

“Yes and we all have to talk. There are some weird things going on here at the Academy and we wanted to find out if any has happened to you?”

“Slow down and explain what you’re talking about.”

“For starters we’ve run into practically everyone who’s been associated with the Legion here at the academy; which was weird at first but now it’s almost expected. But now each of us is starting to have run in’s with our past beyond that and histories that didn’t exist in the bio’s Brainy had uploaded. My cadet training has been brought up and now my former Mentor is on his way to the Academy. I’ve been recognized as this reality’s Imra Ardeen…” Saturn Girl trailed off unsure what to make of that.

“Not to mention I had a conversation with James, my brother on a recent mission and he recognized me as his sister.” Kid Quantum said entering the holo image next to Saturn Girl.

“What?” Gear said as his fingers extended across the tables console and began typing fast to get all the information he could.

“Yes, he recognized me as his sister after a month and said that Candi did too. He said I just disappeared like I had always been here. But he didn’t l know anyone else like Garth or Imra who he’s met before.”

“We’ll this is a world without a Legion, but clearly not a world without us in it.”Invisible Kid said as his mind slowly began working and wondering if that meant if he met Condo again would Condo know him?

“The world is rebuilding around us. Somehow this world isn’t fully formed.” Gear said.

“That’s right Gear explain you theory.” Triad jumped into the view of the holo image.

“You have a theory Gear?” Cosmic Boy asked as he cast a surprised glace at Gear.

“Yes…I think this reality is in some kind of temporal flux and I think it has to do with our entrance into it. This reality is seemingly incomplete in many regards. I’ve traced the largest amount of temporal and vibrational disturbances to the academy. But the disturbances disappear quickly. My guess was that once one of you comes into contact with the person attached to the disturbances. It’s as if you complete a puzzle.”

“Or complicate it!” Triad Purple said.

“Yes or complicate it. I believe and I’ve shared my suspicions with Brainiac 5 that the energy wash we experience when we entered into this reality somehow bonded us to this reality and since we don’t have a reality to call home our frequencies accepted it. But now they are competing making some of us stronger in our abilities. It’s odd because they fight and work together at the same time. But eventually one will win out.”

“Was it hyper taxis energy?” Sensor asked playing with her pink hair as she coiled her tail tighter about herself.
“I believe so. The energy output and wavelengths were identical.” Gear said.

“What does that mean exactly?” Karate Kid asked raising his hand.

“That this reality is our home reality now and that it’s completing itself trying to merge us in and that’s also why some of us may feel stronger attachments to the people and places here.”

“Does that mean we’ll forget our old universe and lives?” Dreamer asked grabbing Star Boy’s hand under the table.

“I don’t know for sure. I don’t think so as none of us have experiences any memory loss. But this world will start to fill in with us in mind. Hence your brother and Monstress know you Jazmin and your record appearing Saturn Girl.”

“What about us…” Ayla asked as she came into view as the holo screen moved out to show all of the Legionnaires who left to be cadets. Ayla was leaning against the far wall.

“What do you mean?” Saturn Girl turned around.

“I and Garth both have no record of our births.”

“That was before.” Gear said as he typed on the holo table.

“What are you talking about?” Live Wire leaned forward. He was sitting next to Saturn Girl on the couch.

“That was before we started interacting and getting involved in this reality. We had just arrived. But now that’s different. It took a month for Jazmin’s brother to remember her.

“No he said Candi and he talked about it after a girl’s night she threw in her suite.” Jazmin added.

“Retroactive memory. This reality is working to include us which means it has access to our minds to alter those around us. Instead of altering us…” Gear said fascinated as he continued to type.

“And now…Spark and Live Wire you no longer without record of your births…”Gear said as he pulled up a holo image their birth certificates, along with their death certificate.

“We’re dead?” the two of them say in unison.

“It appears that way and from what I’ve found it’s because of your brother Mekt. The two of you went missing before the death of your parents and you both were thought early victims of his murderous rage.” Gear said.

“But wait…Gear you said that this reality cements once we interact with it…” Chameleon said looking at Ayla over the holo screen.

“What Cham? I didn’t do anything. I’ve been too busy getting the light sucked out of me.” Ayla said sticking out her tongue.

“It was me…” Live Wire said sitting forward and bowing his reading brown head.
“Garth…what did you do?” Saturn Girl turned to look him in the eyes.

“I went and saw Mekt…he left us for dead Ayla…he thought we died when the lightning beast struck us and he went crazy with power. The rescue crews found him awake and healed and not comatose like in our reality.” Live Wire’s anger and sorrow combining as he subdued the lighting within him as his robotic arm began sparking at the elbow slightly.

“Why didn’t you say anything?” Ayla asked standing and holding herself a bit.

Chameleon sat there wishing he could be there to hold Ayla.

“I didn’t know how. But I guess that means we have confirmation… that this really is our home reality… and here our parents are dead.” Live Wire stood as he went to Spark and held her close as they both began to cry.

“I’m sorry Garth.” Cosmic Boy said trying to comfort his best friend from afar.

“So we’re truly home and reality is reshaping because of us but only to a degree.” Invisible Kid noted trying to continue on before the next curve ball was through their way.

“It does seem that way. The most notable that many of us have simply disappeared. ” Gear said.

“It’s just a matter of time then before the world is complete. But will we know when that is?”

“I’ll be monitoring the temporal fluxes and frequencies but there’s no telling.”

They all looked around at each other both in the meeting room and on the holo screen. They all were filled with mixed emotions. This was possibly the greatest news they could get. That they had a home again but this new home came with a price. The loss of their old lives and for some the loss of getting the chance to return to the ones they loved; while others got a chance to rewrite history.

Last edited by Omni; 08/11/15 08:16 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 8/11/15 Revelations
Omni #864399 08/11/15 11:42 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow what a lot of interesting developments here. Tharok and Dark Man; hints at corruption for Chu again; and Domain being a major issue.

The meeting and the implications of reality reshaping were well done! Can't help but feel this is building up to something really big.

Page 12 of 37 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star