Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Ann Hebistand - 05/08/24 03:49 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/08/24 03:24 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 10:58 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/08/24 05:47 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/07/24 04:15 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/07/24 12:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: FL Watches Star Trek: The Original Series
Blockade Boy #872149 10/10/15 08:33 PM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Blockade Boy
I remember that about LOS. There has to be a story behind that.

It's not uncommon. See also Dukes of Hazzard, which changed tone pretty radically after the first few episodes in order to target a younger audience.

Re: FL Watches Star Trek: The Original Series
Fanfic Lady #906891 08/27/16 02:21 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
OP Offline
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I felt this thread was a loose end that needed to be taken care of.

The short version is, I kept procrastinating the resumption of my Trek TOS viewing for various reasons. And then, when Lash passed away earlier this year, it took all the wind out of my sails regarding the Trek TOS project. For a while I hemmed and hawed from "Lash would have wanted it to continue" to "Without Lash, it will never be the same." In the end, I tried to watch the next episode, and I teared up, being unable to handle the hard fact that there will never be any more posts from Lash in this thread or any other. So while I'm sure I'll eventually reach a point where I can watch the rest of the Trek episodes without hurting inside, I really cannot see myself ever resuming these reviews without Lash to chime in.

So, my apologies to the others who had been following and, in some cases, contributing to this thread, with special thanks to The Hermit and He Who Wanders.

Finally, while watching the Trek TOS TV show remains difficult for me, I find can still enjoy the 80s and early 90s comic books and movies featuring the TOS cast, since they both provided my gateway to Trek many years ago. To that end, I am currently working to fill in the gaps in my Trek comics collection, with the ultimate goal of doing a massive Trek read from the first Mike W. Barr Trek TOS story to the final Peter David Trek TOS story. And, just to sweeten the pot, I've put the DVDs of the first and second Trek TOS movies on inter-library request, AND put in an additional request for Nicholas Meyer's book about the three Trek TOS movies which he co-wrote and/or directed (Wrath of Khan and The Undiscovered Country, both directed by Meyer, are my favorite Trek TOS movies.)

Naturally, every Trek TOS comic book and movie and book review I do shall be dedicated to the memory of dear Lash.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,208
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford
Palm Bay FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star