Roll Call
0 members (), 39 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37
Re: TotL: in U-248 8/11/15 Revelations
Omni #864471 08/12/15 12:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I really enjoyed your tale about Inferno - from her meeting with the psychiatrist (brave woman) right through to restoring Phy'r.

Lu and Sandy's conversation was well done, as was the three Lu's catching up afterwards - it's good to see the seperate personalities being shown like that.

The idea of the team going back to flight belts was fun, and Alya and Jo's little shared acknowledgement of the backwards step was perfect.

I liked Inferno's home world, very interesting set up you described and certainly not what would be expected - well done for tying her backstory into that of Beauty Blaze and showing a more rounded and believable Sandy rather than just the nasty peice that we saw int he comic, I'm looking forward to seeing if sahe opens up any more now.

Lazon calling Umbra "Sweetie" was brave! I expected him to get a punch on the nose for that!

Sandy saying “I’ve seen it darker once…” about Scylla's skies sounded ominous.

Beauty Blaze being power greedy nicely foreshadows her hooking up with the LSV at some point too.

I found the idea of Legionnaires chasing floating islands to be really funny - I don't know if it was meant to be but it just tickled me.

Oh, it took me awhile to remember that Chey-Nu was Lazon so that was a nice surprise too, you really are using so many quality characters that weren't given enough of a personality back in the comic when they have appeared.

I've read the rest but my time is short tonight so I'll finish giving my feedback soon.

Great stuff Omni, you are really good at keeping the team in action while not letting the characters get lost or the plot loose ends fade away, it's great fun to read!

Looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #865217 08/18/15 03:52 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
When I first read this I thought Dirk would be a bluff, that you would follow the reboot and not give him his abilities but I was really glad you did, the scene where Phy'r chose him was great fun, Beauty Blaze's disappointment was well done. I wonder how you'll show Phy'r experiencing the earthly plane, especially with parts of Dirk'sa personality intact I'm sure it'll be a fun ride.

the ominous background threat of Mordru raises it's ugly (and rather exciting!) head again, really good of you to include Phy'r's awareness of this threat. The fear of the prophecy of the scripture is a rather interesting twist to Inferno's character. Nicely done!

Mordru's plotting and Mysa's misery are poignant - that's one real messed up family! Hopefully Mysa will get herown back on Mordru in the upcoming confrontation.

I'd almost forgetten about the othe 'free' Legionnaires - nice to drop in on them again. Domian's plotting is great, you really don't give your teams a rest do you - I love it!

Tharrok and the Dark Man - excellent! I'm really looking forward to where that is leading as I just know it'll be epic. He is such a little sneak with his nano-inhibitors that he's not sharing with the other cadets. I really like your take on him Omni.

Imra is as tough as ever - her supporting Gim while also furthering her own team's agenda is the perfect Saturn Girl story arc - she really is the teams bad-ass isn't she? And what will the retreat bring out? Will she need to admit to being from an alternate world finally? This is possibly the story I'm looking forward to the most, though it's a close call smile

The ongoing story line about whether or not the reality they are in is actually 'theirs' is fascinating and I really enjoy how the team talk about it and put the peices together, this is a great mystery that I'm loving as you add little bits of information to, the suspense of what will finally happen when the reality totally over-writes itself with the teams individual histories is palable. Loving it! I wonder if Mordru has something to do with it.

Great stuff Omni, sorry it's taken so long to catch up properly and give feedback, though I'm here for the foreseeable future appreciating every post.

More, more, more!

Last edited by Harbinger; 08/30/15 04:27 PM. Reason: Originally written my my phone with no spell check... Embarrassing spelling fails needed changing

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #867015 08/28/15 01:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
A very compelling story of Legionnaires and their doppelgangers - the race to figure out what's happening brings a lot of tension to the action. Great insight into how a planet gets into the UP. The very curious race of the M'braian is fascinating. I'm wondering if Chu is not evil here (I just jumped in part way through); she seems like a reasonable leader. A great view of Colu, how barren and sterile it is, nature corrupted by tech, the uniformity of the society and Lauren's loneliness there - using her diary to communicate all that info is very effective. McCauley is really creepy evil! I actually feel pity for Mano. Gear's deduction that reality is rewriting itself is very mind-bending - brings to mind The Mandela Effect, in which people remember a past that doesn't exist.

Looking forward to further adventures!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Omni #867387 08/30/15 03:42 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you FC for joining in and reading my Legion's adventures.

I'm glad you liked the M'braian's. They were fun to create.

Chu's an interesting one and your right i wouldn't exactly call her evil. But only time will tell what her real motives are.

Thank you for your comments on Colu. There's going to be a few adventures out into the lands of Colu. Laurel and her journal entries are going to be be present.

Harbi,

Thank you again for your in depth review!
Inferno will be doing some opening up and things are going to get dark for her. the scriptures aren't going to wait too long and i'm glad your liking this Inferno. The other Inferno was very much a blank slate, so i wanted to explore a whole new Inferno.

Beauty Blaze is intriguing and i want to see where she goes next myself...and who knows maybe the LSV isn't in her future but a LSH could be... some thoughts to play a round with.:P

I'm glad you like Lu and her three personalities.

Umbra just might. thanks for the idea. i think she's been looking for a fight.

now that you mention it floating islands and Legionnaires catching them can be funny to think about.

Saturn Girl is a bad ass and i'm hoping i get the chance to show that some more.

Nope. We got a Sun Boy and his going to be very interesting to see how Phy'r/Dirk interacts with everyone.

Mordru is everywhere and his ugly head will be getting ready to make some moves soon.
I'm glad you liked his and Mysa's messed up moment.

There's going to be more curveballs coming for this legion before this reality settles down. But I can tell you for a fact that Mordru has nothing to do with it.

stay posted as There's going to be a few post coming out soon!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: TotL: in U-248 9/3/15 Where there's smoke
Omni #868080 09/03/15 10:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy Level 15

Roll Call:
Cadet Inferno - Sandy Anderson of Unknown– heat and light generation and manipulation
Psychiatrist – Dr. Ryk'rr

“Inferno…Sandy…”

“Its Sandi with an “I” not a “y”. Inferno said as she did her best to avoid Dr. Ryk’rr’s eyes.

“Sorry Sandi. We need to talk about your last mission and it’s been over a week since our last visit and this mission. We’ve found out quite a bit about you since then. How’d you manage to keep all of this a secret for the last year or so? There wasn’t even mention of your home world in your file before this.” Dr. Ryk’rr said as she held two different Omnicom’s in her hands and in her third a stylus pen. Her blonde hair slightly disheveled as she was fitting Inferno in between a few of the Omega classes most challenging cases.

“Paid people off to not have it written down when I first left Scylla and I stowed away a lot so there were no ID scans there and when I got pulled into the cadet program, I used a scrambler.”

“A what?”

“A Scrambler. It messes with the nannites, allowing them to only grab rudimentary readouts but stops the DNA identification app.” Inferno said with an eye roll. Her defenses were up even more since she saw her flame turn white hot blue. She hadn’t tried to make a fire ball since then and with class taking up much of her time as she hadn’t been called for a mission that required her to make one.

“Clever girl.” Dr. Ryk’rr said.

“Well when you don’t want to be found. You’ll do your best to get lost.”

“Why do you want to get lost Inferno?”

“Do you know what an Inferno does?”

“It burns bright and strong and almost eternally.”

“It consumes. It burns everything in its path and wake.” Inferno’s gaze locked on to Dr. Ryk’rr’s eyes as her own began to glow a sublet orange around her blue eyes.

“Inferno’s do that…But they can be tamed.” Dr. Ryk’rr forced herself to stare straight at Inferno. She wasn’t going to let Inferno intimidate her into forgoing this session. Whatever she was scared of Dr. Ryk’rr felt compelled to help her.

“I guess…” Inferno sat back her eyes no longer glowing and her bored look returning to her face.

“Why are you so interested in your name sake?”

“Because it’s what I’m foretold it’s what I’ll do.” Inferno said trying her best to keep her voice flat and cold. But the scriptures and her white hot blue flame scared the Eternal fires out of her.

“Where is it foretold that you will engulf everything?” Dr. Ryk’rr leaned forward.

“In the scriptures. It says there will come day when the darkness will battle the light and the Inferno will come and consume all including her beauty. The scriptures don’t lie and the battle has already begun.” Inferno’s eyes cast down at the grey and green area rug beneath her.

“Could they have another interpretation?” Dr.Ryk’rr asked her blond hair shifting to her side as she tilted her head.

“No. The night my mother died from her consumption by the darkness was foretold. Sun Girl’s light snuffed out till the Darkness sees the Inferno’s dawn.”

“Is that why you left Scylla? Did you figure if you left you could stop the scriptures from coming true?”

“Yes…No…I know the scriptures can’t be denied.” Inferno’s voice betrayed how scared she was as she ran a hand through her short blonde.

“Inferno…Sandi… I think these scriptures can be open to interpretation. Maybe the Inferno consuming even her beauty could mean that one day you’ll return to Scylla and you’ll be the official conduit instead of your sister, or maybe it could have to do with your most recent mission.”

“Doc it has nothing to do with the stinking mission and even that lousy excuse of an avatar even said the scriptures can’t be denied and he would know as they came from his flaming psychic mind!” Inferno’s temper rising at the thought of him.

“Ahhh Mr. Morgan. He’s one with your god now. Does that upset you?”

“No. that doesn’t upset me. What upsets me is that he acts like he knows that I can do this, that I can fight the dark and that I’m something I’m not when he’s only been attached to Phy’r for a nano second.” Inferno’s temper rising more but this time flames began to circle around her hands and up her wrists.

“Inferno, remember to calm yourself. Use the techniques we went over last time.”

“I’ve been using them. That’s what you’re not getting the darkness is consuming me and the darkness will take me and make me into “THE INFERNO!” Inferno’s voice rose as she stood and said this. Her flames burning up her arms flickering bright as the flames grew bigger they became a bright hot white blue.

“Inferno, calm yourself!” Dr. Ryk’rr yelled as the flames expanded and Inferno became lost in the moment.

Instantly the fire systems went off in Dr Ryk’rr’s office. Flame retardant foam rained down from the ceiling on both of them coating everything in greenish foam.

“I guess we’ll make a session for tomorrow to work on this.” Dr. Ryk’rr said as she made a note with her foam covered stylus and omnicom.

Last edited by Omni; 09/03/15 10:28 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/3/15 Security detail
Omni #868081 09/03/15 10:23 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Brande Industries downtown Metropolis .

Roll Call:
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility

Chameleon flew around the massive tower that is Brande Industries. The tall dark gray building reached high into the sky. Chameleon shifted forms with every time he did a sweep around the tower, from a seagull, to a humming bird and even an eagle.

“Gotta learn to watch the forms old boy when you’re on a stake out, the Eagle’s been extinct for over 1000 years.” Chameleon thought to himself as he flew away from the tower. He didn’t want to get caught on their cameras or the Science Police cameras for that matter shifting forms.

Chameleon flew up and into the clouds using them to conceal his shift.

“Lyle should be inside already and we’ve got the ronde-vous site picked out at the heart of the engineering lab, where many of Brande’s designs are being made. That would be the most logical place for the mini-stargate energy to materialize. What shall I be next…” Chameleon thought to himself as his orange body shifted, shrinking down till he was the size of a mosquito. Chameleon’s appendages sliming till they were almost thin wasp of hair and his head morphing, his nose elongating out to a point and his eyes shifting becoming bulbils while his torso became a tight ball of an exoskeleton.

“That should do to get me in.” Chameleon thought as he left the clouds and circled back around to Brande Industries tower. The wind helped carry his tiny frame down from the clouds.

“It’s hard to believe this could be our reality…this could be home.” Chameleon looked around with his enhanced multi-directional vision. The clouds and many of the buildings were the same. But Brande Industries tower stood almost unnoticeable where as in their home reality it stood out as a beacon of hope and inspiration. But Chameleon knew without RJ around in this reality it was much bleaker. But maybe now that they were here that could change.

“I wonder how else our histories will be intertwined into this world. We all are going to have families to see and get reacquainted with it’s just a matter how and when.” Chameleon thought to himself as he floated to the tower reaching the air duct Invisible Kid said would lead directly to engineering.

“My own father…I wonder if he’s alive and still in charge of the council…”Chameleon’s thoughts wondered for a moment at he flew on. His father was always in his thoughts and had gained peace with his death. But he wasn’t sure how he would feel if he had to see his father again or worse go through the horror of burying him again.

The air duct was cold as he flew, Chameleon instantly added extra hair to his thin mosquito legs to stay warm.
“I wonder if the Composite Durlarian is running around as well. He could be better adjusted if the council didn’t dispose of them and lock them away.”

“Lyle, are you in the Engineering lab?” Chameleon whispered over the telepathic ear plug link.

“Yes I am Cham and all is quiet. No energy surges that match the “slipstream” technology the thief is using. It’s been the same for the last three nights.” Invisible kid’s thoughts sounded exhausted.

“Everything alright Lyle?”

“Things are fine. The lab’s clear and I’ve referenced all of the experiments here with those of the files I grabbed from my first visit here. Much of is proto types for new forms of travel. It seems the secret to “slipstream” technology died with RJ in this reality. I’ve also been doing searches for anything related to Trom. But nothing. There’s not even a planet listed in the U.P or Mordru’s directories. If this reality is being shaped by us and what was already here…that means Garth will have had to get his transmutation powers somehow. But there’s no Trom anywhere meaning there’s no Jan for him to become the progenitor and their battle never happening. Thus making him an anomaly.”

“Well till reality solidifies we’re all anomalies.” Chameleon pointed out.

“True. But if Trom…and potentially Element Lad…Jan doesn’t appear then Garth’s history more than anyone’s could create problems with stabilizing this reality, if the main component to complete his personal history isn’t here. But the reason I brought up Trom was because this galaxy may soon be without the main ingredient to make their slipstream technology possible soon and the ability to be the United Planets if I’m looking at all of these designs and concepts which are attempting to find away to replace the slipstream technology. Their source of Tromium has finally run out and their projections seem to say it will run out within the next year and half or so.”

“Cutting off much of the galaxy and making the United Planets ripe for the taking by Mordru…” Chameleon trailed off the air duct dived down its cold air sucking Chameleon down quickly shifting his head to face the suction

“Exactly.” Invisible Kid thought back to Chameleon.

“We have to contact Brainy and we’ve got to get the threshold system back up and running.” Chameleon’s ring began a slight pinging sound as he got closer to Invisible Kid’s location.

“No. But once we get back to base after this detail I’ll message him.” Invisible Kid’s thought’s sounded so far away from where his was.

Chameleon rushed through the cold air finally reaching the vent and flying through it into the lab.

“Lyle did you deactivate the motion sensors and cameras?”

“All set Cham. They are playing on a loop for the next five minutes. Enough time to do the sweep and check all the tracers. I’m checked most of them on this level already.”

“You’re very efficient today.”

“I just want to get this detail done. We’ve been staking out Brande Industries and half of Metropolis for almost a month and still no signs of Shikari or Brin and I guess I just feel useless and…”

“And what?” Chameleon’s arms shifted and grew out into 7 long arms that stretched out as the rest of his body shifted back to his standard Legion form. The arms stretched out to each of the tracers on the second and third levels.

“And with all of this reset on reality…I wonder if that means Condo knows who I am…if I met him today would he instantly remember me and us. But then the moment I think about that I feel guilty for thinking about him.”

“Why do you feel guilty? You’d get to see your boyfriend again and get your life back to a degree.”

“For starters I don’t even know if we would know each other in this reality. There’s no Legion which means there’s no way for us to have officially met. I was in the spy game before that.”

“But maybe it is like everyone else? Where it’s as if you disappeared for the last year.” Chameleon’s seven arms began to retract.

“That’s almost as bad. Condo could hate me because I abandoned him and to make it worse I don’t have any of the memories of this reality’s Lyle shares with Condo. I hadn’t even thought of that aspect.” Invisible Kid’s brown eyes cast down.

“Then why did you say you felt guilty?” Chameleon’s five extra limbs quickly pulled into his torso as he landed beside Invisible Kid.

“I’ve started having feelings for someone else…” Invisible Kid trailed off as he said these words out loud. Both relieved and scared at the same time.

“Is it Brainy?” Chameleon said crossing his arms and stretching his back, as he was finally standing in his own most common form.

Invisible Kid stood there shocked for a moment.

“How did you know?”

“I may not be a 12th level genius or a super spy but I’m a pretty good detective. While we were in the void you two were off talking a lot. I know it was a lot of working on getting us out of the void but I also know it was more than that. You two really used to go rounds when we first became a group and I suspected something then and then there was the kiss on the check after the whole boom tube eating away at our galaxy. But I’d have to say the clincher was when we were in the blue sun reality and I saw you kiss him.”

“You saw that?”

“Yeah, I came to find you guys for dinner. Andromeda and M’Onel had just found some fresh water and a partially working food synthesizer that Gear had fixed up remember, once you guys joined us.”

“That’s right. You didn’t tell Ayla did you?” Invisible Kid looked at Chameleon in a slight panic.

“No..No of course not Buddy. I haven’t said anything to anyone. I figured if the two of you wanted any of us to know you’d tell us.”

“And I will tell everyone eventually.” Invisible kid said hurriedly as he knew what Chameleon’s next question might be.

“Lyle you don’t owe me or any of us an explanation. You are a very private person. We all know and get that. But we just hope you know that we do love you and want to share in your happiness.” Chameleon placed his gloved hand on Invisible Kid’s shoulder.

“Thanks Cham. But now you can see why I feel guilty. If I seek out Condo to possibly solidify my place in this reality…does it mean I’m turning my back on Brainy for a second chance at the life I could have had?” Invisible Kid’s brown eyes were pleading.

Something else else Chameleon had never seen from his friend before. He knew Lyle always had the answer but this time there was no logical way to get to that answer and he could see just how lost Lyle was.

“All I can tell you as 20th century corny as this is, Fallow your heart and don’t regret what you didn’t do.”

“Where did you read that?”

“I think it was called a hallmark credit card.”

“We better get out of here everything’s about to turn back on in one minute.” Instantly Invisible Kid faded away from site and lifted himself up in the air.

Chameleon swiftly shifted his body in his mosquito form and left the way he came in. Chameleon hoped he got through to Lyle that they were there for him and Brainy and whatever may come.

While the two of them faded and flew away respectively they didn’t see that they were being watched from behind one of the engine models. The figure quickly ran from one model to the next till they were out the door just before all the security systems turned back on.

Last edited by Omni; 09/03/15 10:25 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/3/15 Security detail
Omni #868111 09/04/15 05:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Inferno's story seems far from over, interested to see what happens next. You write her conflict well.

Lyle's conflict is also written well, he has really thought out the implications. Cham's observational skills are great too and so is his friendship with Lyle. The mystery of Trom is intruiging and I realy wonder who the mysterious watcher is.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/15/15 Working thru it.
Omni #869405 09/15/15 06:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu’s Capital City: Metaire. – Brainiac 5’s Laboratory.
Roll Call:
Brainiac 5 – Querl Dox of Colu U247 – 12th level intelligence and internal force field apparatus.
Representative Gux of Colu -10th level intelligence.
Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

Brainy sat hunched over his lab bench as he mixed a few chemicals that would be used to help filter out the metallic taste from the drinking water.

“Bromide-benzyl should filter the water of all metallic tastes and combined with the new magnetic filters; which will grab hold of any metals in the water and sewage pipe lines in all of the plumbing throughout Colu.” Brainy said to the A.I. recording his current lab session.

Colu, specifically Representative Gux had given Brainy so many tasks over the past month he barely had any time to research anything about Brainiac 4 and her disappearance or to spend time with Laurel.

“I know she’s not happy here or with the way things are. But I have to get all of these mindless projects done. I swear every time I’ve finished 20 projects 40 more appear.” Brainy thought to himself.

“Brainiac 5 you have received 10 new messages from Representative Gux. The first five are new assignments and the remaining 5 are his recommendations or as you have instructed me to label them as Moronic ideas from a Fru; which is the local name for those whose intellect is that of a 4 which…”

“Thank you computer I’m well aware of what a Fru is and what I’ve instructed you to do. Please display all five Fru’s on the screen.” Instantly five holo screens appeared before Brainy above his work bench and he quickly began reading and responding.

“Dear Representative Gux,

Thank you for your input on my plans and designs to help with the water filtration and plumbing plans of Colu’s major cities as well as the designs for increasing the security for the nannites. I’ve looked them over and unfortunately your suggestions would only be short term fixes to the present problems. I’ve sent you detailed outlines explaining each ones purpose and prospects and on how to implement all of my designs and upgrades with little to no time or hassle at all. If there are any further questions please let me know.

Brainiac 5.

Brainy did his best to reign in his temper and not chastise Representative Gux for his stupidity.

“Why does he bother me so much….he isn’t that idiotic and since my upgrade I’ve had more of a tolerance for people’s lack of ability to be on my level of intelligence? But since I’ve come back to this Colu it’s as if I’ve reverted back to my pre-upgrade days. With each passing day I’ve noticed it more and more.” Brainy thought as he continued mixing chemicals and checking data sheets on a few proto-types he sent into a make-shift mini Threshold gate. But all the readouts did the same thing and flat lined almost instantaneously after entering the gate.

“There has to be away to replicate the Kawi’s path finding sense. The gate can’t be that illogical. There has to be away to navigate it and now that Lyle has shared his findings about this reality running out of Tromium I’ll need to get this working.” Brainy thought as he pulled down a pair of goggles from a nearby shelf as he moved from the chemical work bench to the one on the opposite wall where his next proto type awaited for him to tinker some more.

“I’ll do an hour or so on this and then I’ll return to my work for Colu. I don’t remember having this many duties as Brainiac in our home reality and now with the prospect of this being our home I’m not sure staying on Colu would be in my best interest. Not to mention I have yet to feel a connection to this reality, like many of my teammates have. Although my fascination with this reality’s Brainiac 4 could possibly be classified as a connection…I wonder if Gear’s theory would hold true and once I find my mother and meet her that will cement me to this reality.” Brainy sparked up his blue spark torch which cast a blinding light illuminating his blackened goggle all 12 tracks of his intelligence working on a different problem as he

The torch touched the circuit board of the proto-type several times before Brainy stopped and pulled up his goggles to inspect his work.

“Brainiac 5, there are two incoming messages. One from Representative Gux and the other from Laurel Hylya of Venegar, shall I put them aside until your hour of experimental engineering is over?” the mechanical voice of the A.I. toned.

“Send a message to Laurel that I’m sorry I can’t have a conversation at the moment and put Repressive Gux through.” Instantly Brainy turned and pulled the blackened goggles over his head pushing up his blond hair.

“Yes Brainiac 5.”

Floating above Brainy’s work bench a screen opened up showing Representative Gux at his own desk. His brownish red hair pulled back into a tight ponytail.

“Brainiac 5, I’m sorry to interrupt your hour of experimentation but I felt it best to bring this to your attention. We have a city that has gone completely dark on the Southern Hemisphere of Colu and we’d like you to investigate.”

“But that city has been vacant for over 1000 years, not to mention much of the Southern Hemisphere was over run and ruined by the Computer Tyrants during their experiments.”

“This is true and we are looking to rehabilitate this world beyond just the Northern Hemisphere. The city I want you to go to is called Gobu and it was the height of Colu society at one point where most of our theoretical inventions took place. It was a great retreat once and I think it could be great once again.”

“Alright I’ll make my way out there in an hour. I’ve got a few more of your assignments that are a bit more pressing.”

“Understood and I look forward to your report.” The holo screen closed after that Representative Gux said this with a slimy smile on his face.

“We’ll Gobu isn’t the place I’d want to go to, it isn’t the worst place I’ve had to go.” Brainy said as he lowered his goggles and returned to his work on the Threshold gate.

Penthouse Apartment of Laurel Gand aka Laurel Hylya and Brainiac 5.

Laurel tapped the holo screen to dismiss the “polite” message declining her invitation to talk.

“Ughhh. Brainy why didn’t you take my call. You said the best time to call if I needed to was during his Experimental hour.” Laurel said to herself.

“Well I guess I’ll just have to go to Gobu by myself and figure out why it’s one of dark spots on Colu.”

Last edited by Omni; 09/15/15 06:26 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/15/15 Working thru it.
Omni #869416 09/15/15 07:33 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh Omni that line about Moronic Suggestions from a Fru made me laugh out loud on the street! Silly computer.

Poor Brainy, so smart but has not yet figured out that Gux is keeping him busy on purpose. I love how you are keeping him tactful. His observations on his own reactions were interesting too.

Very much excited to see Gobu you have described it very enticingly. Sounds like a nice travel spot.

I am hooked as always!

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/16/15 The Abandon City of Gobu
Omni #869507 09/16/15 07:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu en route to the abandon city of Gobu.
Roll Call:
Brainiac 5 – Querl Dox of Colu U247 – 12th level intelligence and internal force field apparatus.
Representative Gux of Colu -10th level intelligence.
Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

Laurel stepped out onto the balcony of her penthouse and gently lifted up into the air. Her hair flowing in the wind as she flew off to the Southern Hemisphere. The air’s sterile stench made Laurel scrunch her nose.

“It’s been a month or so and I still can’t stand flying in this.” Laurel said speeding up into the stratosphere.

“Omnicom begin live Journal recording.” Laurel said as her hair whipped about her adjusting the microphone and ear piece she had put on before she left the penthouse.

“Dear Journal,

Its star date 5.6.3014. I’m going on a solo mission to the deserted City of Gobu. The city was once a place where the greatest and brightest of the emerald lights on Colu. Located in the Southern Hemisphere, it was a place where much of the theoretical inventions of the day took place according to the history feeds I’ve read. But during the reign of the Computer Tyrants they destroyed much of the Southern Hemisphere as it was the first hemisphere they conquered. Since much of Colu’s population was used as data storage their memories of what the Gobo and much of the southern hemisphere were like were erased. The few historical feeds on it don’t give much description beyond it being a city retreat and then the inventions that were theorized. The Computer Tyrants really did a number on this world for once they conquered the southern hemisphere no one ever went there again. All Coluians were shipped to the Northern Hemisphere.” Laurel flew steadily as she made her way to the southern hemisphere passing through the Guno desert. Laurel’s brow sweating slightly as she pushed herself to fly through quickly.

Laurel raced through the clouds and before she knew it she was flying through the flock of buzzards she scared weeks earlier. The Guno desert felt like it lasted forever but once she reached the edge she knew from her daily flights it wouldn’t be long before she reached the southern hemisphere at the edge of the Guno desert there was the Berium sea, its bluish-green surface bobbed gently barely moving. Laurel couldn’t believe there was no life below this majestic surface. All the seas and oceans on Colu had the same coloring and peaceful and serine bobbing motion. Even with the weather control generated storms the surface of the water was always a constant bob; with waves never getting very big at all.

“The Berium sea is so peaceful to fly over.” Laurel said into her microphone.

“Just beyond this beach and I’ll be at the City of Gobu.” Laurel said as she flew quickly but using her pentra-vision to see through the thick forest of trees that lined the beach she hoped she would find an old trail leading to the City.

Gobu City- beach docks.

Brainy leaned over his hover cycle as he revered the cycle’s engine. The wind rushing into his face splashing the bluish-green surface being disrupted close presence of the magnetic pulses that kept him afloat. Brainy used the cycle’s navigation system to take him to the docks the hover ships used to come to for the annual retreats. It was decrepit and rusted over. But as soon as Brainy got closer to the dock he saw that it wasn’t as decrepit as he thought it should be. The pillars that led to the roof of the dock were glowing ever so slightly.

“Hmmm…glowing pillars? But this is dock is over 3000 years old.” Brainy said as he finally neared the docks. Pulling up to closest open slip his hover cycle instantly docked itself a charging cord instantly extending from the hover cycle to a outlet in the side of the dock. Brainy looked at the pillars and the dim yellow light was from light lines that ran up the pillars from base to roof.

“Hmmm and it has current charger and adaptors for the hover cycle…”Brainy took out his omnicom and began taking readings.

“Well I guess it means it holds true that Colu even in this reality hasn’t advanced much in 1000 years since the Computer Tyrants were over thrown. Although, I do love some of their more practical inventions, like these solar docks, which are self repairing. I wonder why the rest of the city wasn’t outfitted with this type of ingenuity. Unless this is all that remains of it after the Computer Tyrants.” Brainy said taking readings and activating the security measures.

“Hmm…and from what my readings tell me this is definitely not the only power source still running in this city.” Brainy looked up and saw the mechanical vines that had been modified by the Computer Tyrants.

“Bio-mechanical in nature and powered by solar energy making it a version of photosynthesis which is allowing them to continue to grow. Explains why the dock is still active as well. Solar paneling though out the roof.” Brainy left the dock and made his way to the trail that led to the city. The mechanical vines covered every tree that still stood, their once golden yellow and green leaves were gone and replaced with purple and black leaves making the trail into the city seem darker and murkier than it was, considering the golden sun shining high above him. Brainy noticed the vines here were solar powered as well and since there wasn’t much if any sunlight that got through the thick dense leaves of the trees the vines weren’t as long or thick and their inner mechanisms were shown through the thin slimy green and brown sheath. The lights on the circuits blinking slightly and out of sync.

“These vines are withered but not completely dead. Energy reserves seem to be working through out many bio-mechanical aspects of the city. The Computer Tyrants hated all things organic…why would they destroy and remake an entire city…an entire hemisphere into a combination of biological and mechanical when everywhere else on Colu they’ve destroyed all organic life if it wasn’t useful, like those buzzards in the Guno desert Laurel mentioned.” Brainy spoke into the microphone that began to extend from the ear piece he had put on and looked at the readings he was getting from one of the vines; which allowed him a glimpse into the extended network that ran for the next 800 clicks.

Center of Gobu City:

Laurel gently landed on the over grown main road. Around her were tall buildings all covered over in a grey moss and vines that ranged from thick to slim and all blinking at varying points.
“Well this isn’t what I expected. These are buildings and not mountains or trees at all. I’m in what looks to be a downtown city center. The tallest building, which I mistook for a mountain is a domed building…This is probably where many achievements were stored. Maybe there’s more still there. But I doubt it. Everything around here is covered in this strange moss and vines.” Laurel said into the microphone as she bent down and ran her gloved fingers through the moss. The moss quickly leapt from her fingers and back to the ground.

“Uhhh….the moss jumped from my fingers to the ground. Is it magnetic moss?” Laurel pulled out her omnicom and took a few pictures and readings while trying to do a search for any known invention.

“Hmmm that’s odd. It does show a magnetic signature, explains why it was pulled back to the ground. But there are no records of a magnetic type of moss in existence on Colu or even Brall.” Laurel recorded into her live journal cast.

The grey moss around Laurel began to shift. Laurel lifted off of the ground and floated above the moss. The moss’s readings began to go off the charts as it moved.

“What’s going on here?” The moss began to swirl up and began to take hold of Laurel’s ankle creating a replica of a fuzzy hand grabbing at her trying to pull her back down to the ground. Laurel could feel the magnetic pull as there was some of the moss on the bottom of her shoes but that was no reason for the moss to try and grab her.

Laurel fired off her laser vision followed by a flow of heat vision to the fuzzy moss shaped hand. Flying higher up and instantly activating her flight rings transuit and biosphere functions to keep her safe. The grey moss slowly moved and shifting itself around. Laurel watched in horror as the moss began to take on the outline of her own form.

Two Blocks away:

“The city maybe over 3000 years old but since nothing has changed in the 1000 year experimental ban and switch to theoretical science, I could easily update this city to Colu standards. But I still find it odd how the Computer Tyrants didn’t decimate this place. It’s as if they infected it more than anything.” Brainy spoke into the microphone as he floated along using his flight ring.

“The land once you reach the edge of the city is coated in a grey moss that carries a magnetic charge locking it in as a protective coating. At first glance, with the magnetic signatures aside it looks like typical moss. But it’s actually much more. The moss is capable of movement and once touched by a sentient being is capable of replicating their form to a degree. It’s quite fascinating. The moss uses this replicating ability to gather information about its target, so that it can subdue them. The Tyrant’s must really have something here they don’t want anyone to find.” Brainy recorded as he flew on shinning his flash light around him into the blown out windows of the ancient buildings. The farther her went the closer he knew he was getting to the center of the city and the domed hall of Virx, where they stored the all records of Colu’s history and inventions before the great ban and all theoretical science since then.

“Representative Gux was nice enough to give me a blue print of the city and as much of the historical logs as he could gather. Much of what Gobu was was lost after the Computer Tyrants took over and no Coluian has been back to the Southern Hemisphere since their defeat. It was made a no man’s land by the Computer Tyrants and the Coluian council found it to be for the best, since they didn’t know what lied beyond the borders the Computer Tyrants had set up. Colu, much like Earth was once rather expansively settled according to these files. The Computer Tyrants cut off half of Colu from the other…But with their defeat the energy walls they erected were deactivated.” Brainy recorded.

“AHHHHHH!!!”

“What was that?” Brainy jumped even though he was flying. His flashlight lighting the road ahead of him.

“Get off of me you squaj!” Laurel yelled and she wrestled with a grey moss replica of herself. Laurel’s eyes flashed red with laser vision and heat vision disintegrating the moss only to have it reform around her again. Laurel punches the grey moss replica, whose body is tightening and forming a harder replica of Laurel’s body and face.

Another smashing punch as Laurel flew straight at her grey moss double. Laurel figured if the moss wouldn’t leave her alone she’s fight it head on.

“Laurel! Don’t!” Brainy called but it was too late and Laurel was caught in the arms of the grey moss Laurel replica.

“Where’s Gear with a sonic cannon when you need one.” Brainy said as he ran a diagnostic of Grey Moss Laurel and like many replicating technologies it could be disrupted with a sonic wave.

Brainy quickly rapped his force field around his body and extended it out towards the two of them.

“If I can isolate Laurel with my field it might break the connection and make the technology think she’s been captured.” Brainy thought as he pushed himself through the air and his force field as far as it could reach out.

“Brainy!” Laurel called as she saw the force field coming straight at her.

Struggling to release herself from her replica’s fuzzy grey strong hold when suddenly she was surrounded by Brainy’s force field. But Grey Moss Laurel did not stop and began to beat on the force field using all of its power to try and smash it, which was a fraction of Laurel’s strength.

“Brainy what’s going on? Why are you here? Did you get my message?” Laurel asked frantically as Brainy pulled her closer to him.

“I’d ask you the same questions. But the reason I’m here is because I’m on official business about trying to get this place up and running again. Now what are you doing here?”

“I came here to see why this city was dark. I heard Representative Gux dealing with a bunch of blackouts across Colu and the galaxy. I saw this one during one of my daily flights so I figured I’d look into it. Since I have so much free time.”

“If you had done some research you’d know it’s because of the Computer Tyrants.” Brainy said as he pushed back Grey Moss Laurel against a wall. The entire building shaking free of the moss and vines.

“I did. But I still thought it was odd when much of Colu has an emerald glow but this one was completely dark.”

“The city is on complete reserves from solar energy that reaches down here. But because of the trees and vines and buildings they don’t get the optimal light to give off the cities “emerald glow” and as for your assailant this is a form of bio-mechanical security system.” Brainy continued to run calculations to see if he could calculate a frequency for his shield which would disrupt the moss.

“Who would invent a system like this?”

“Anyone who wanted to keep out all biological intruders.” A synthesized voice echoed from near the entrance to the Virx Dome.

“Who’s there?” Brainy called as he shined his flash light towards the entrance.

Grey Moss Laurel quickly stopped her pounding on Brainy’s force field and retreated to the side of an old man who stood in a flowing white tattered robe and once the light hit him showed he wasn’t an ordinary man but a cybernetic being whose parts were beginning to fall apart.

“I’m known as Virx, name sake of this dome.”

“But that’s impossible. Virx died in the first wave of the Computer Tyrant’s.” Brainy’s light green eyes widened.

“Dead I’m not. Slowly dying. Cough!” Virx hacked up a piece of the circuitry out from his lungs.

Last edited by Omni; 09/16/15 07:59 PM.

Omni #869511 09/16/15 08:34 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow, the mystery deepens. So is Vrix part Computer Tyrant himself? He seems to be quite ancient.

I loved your description of Colu's seas and Laurel's fascination with them. You have done a great job of making her so very likable.

I also loved Brainy on a hover cycle! That is just such a cool image.

Looking forward to the next bit.

Omni #870889 09/29/15 01:17 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB for the continued support and comments.

I'm glad you like Laurel and her side adventures.
Thank you for the compliment on Brainy on a hover cycle. i love when the descriptions work well!

Yes Inferno's story is far from over and building to hopefully what will be an epic end.

I'm glad you liked Lyle and Cham's friendship and his detective skills.

Inner conflict seems to be my bread and butter with these Legionnaires.

Trom is going to be a mystery for a bit longer but if they aren't found things will become more complicated soon.

glad his A.I. makes you laugh. if only Brainy did.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/29/15 New Devices
Omni #870890 09/29/15 01:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll Call:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.

“So what are you doing today Gear? More test?” Wildfire asked flying into the hanger billows of smoke trailing behind him like a rocket backfiring.

“Yes. You’re returned blast-off powers while still having your anti-energy powers presents new information that we don’t have on you. Sadly you died before there was a chance to study your blast-off powers and the limits of them and McCauley never ran test on any of you it seems nor really trained any of the Workforce according to Karate Kid.”

“True. It was all about the “glory”. But we actually wanted to make a bit of a difference. That’s why we tried out for the Legion.”

“Is this we, referring to you Radion and Particon?”
“Yup. The Workforce’s newbies.”

“Please blast off and stay that way for the next five minutes. I want to test how long you can sustain your billows for and then test their chemical properties.” Gear’s melodic tone set Wildfire at ease.

“Tone modulation. Good job Gear. I need the comfort.” Wildfire ‘s sarcasm shining through.

“Sorry Drake. It’s out of habit and subroutines within my biometrics when testing people who show strong defense mechanisms.” Gear blinked his green eyes twice.

“Sorry Gear.” Wildfire lifted off high and continued to make the billows as big as he could.

“Wildfire I have a question for you.”

“Shoot.”

“Do you still have the device the other Brainiac 5 made to help stabilize you?”*

“No, I’ve just got the blueprints and instructions” Wildfire pulled out a omnicom.

“What did they say to do with it?”

“They said I just need to attach it to my chest here and it should begin to dissolve into me and help regulate the anti-energy within me by having its circuitry enter my suit to replicate the process of generating my anti-energy or something along those lines. Brainy and I were supposed to work on this before he left. But that clearly didn’t happen.” Wildfire’s billows of smoke began to subside as he landed and handed Gear the omnicom Brainiac 5 of the other Legion handed him.”

“If you’d like I can manufacture this for you and then we can test it out. It might even restore your flight powers away from their blast-off state. Although the readouts on your powers are incredible. I’m surprised you were turned down for membership.” Gear studied the omnicom as his techno organic hand opening up and slowly constructing the device. Lime green wiring slowly forming and creating the circuitry of the small device.

“Yeah me too. But hey I made it eventually. Gear as used to your powers as I am even I have to admit sometimes watching you make something from your body can be kind of creepy.” Wildfire said with a shiver.

“Well this is more of a mold for me to work from as I construct one from the required materials. Our Brainy is very through but apparently with age he will become even more so.”

“How long do you think you’ll need?”

“A few hours and then you maybe on your way to being complete.” Gear smiled gently as he blinked his glowing green eyes.

“Alright. We’ll I can’t wait.” Wildfire began to billow as he took flight toward the open hanger doors.

Gear watched him leave. But as he did he realized their force field around the headquarters was still closed.

“Wildfire wait let me drop the field…Gear stared after Wildfire as he passed through the field no problem a yellow pink orange glow around his body phasing him through the force field.

Wildfire continued to fly on not noticing at all that he phased through the force field. Wildfire turned on his rings cloaking function and flew on as he waited for his fate.
----------------------------------------------------------------
*Wildfire received an omnicom full of blueprints, specs and studies from the Brainiac's of the Retroboot and Threeboot Legions after LO3W, which was developed by Invisible Brainiac.
You can read the post here:
http://www.legionworld.net/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=806711#Post806711

Last edited by Omni; 09/30/15 06:31 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 9/129/15 New Devices
Omni #870947 09/30/15 08:59 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Interesting. Wildfire can alternate between the powers of Blast-Off and Atom'x...

Thanks for using my bit about the tech from the other Brainiac 5s! Glad you're having Gear finally actualize it. Things seem to be looking bright for Wildfire!

Omni #871001 09/30/15 06:33 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you IB for your comments and i'm so sorry i didn't credit you. I forgot to put the note in. But the post has been updated.

Wildfire's powers as unstable as they are do seem to be working well together even if they are out of wack.

Omni #871005 09/30/15 07:04 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Oh thanks for putting the credit in Omni! But I'm flattered you thought of using a detail I introduced.

Really interested to see where you will take the Wildfire plot. Even DNA didn't reference his origin much . I'm sure you will have a very unique take on it.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/13/15 Legacy of a Tyrant
Omni #872381 10/13/15 06:30 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu, the abandon city of Gobu.

Roll Call:

Virx- cybernetic being. Seemingly immortal.

Brainy and Laurel stood shocked at they looked at the aging cybernetic being claiming to be Virx.

“You might as well make your way into my home. You’ve already disturbed, cough! Cough! The defense, so they will just keep coming. At least this way it will allow them the hour to forget your imprint and return to their inert state.” Virx’s voice crocked out.

“How can you be Virx and a live…you’re a synthiod…a cybernetic being.”

“A what?”Laurel asked confused.

“A I am Virx and I am alive. A type of cybernetic being is composed of both mechanical and biological parts; essentially a synthesized android/human hybrid. That is the end result of experiments by the Computer Tyrants to combine their own intelligence and that of the organic race of the Coluians’. Virx slowly walked down a set of stairs at the center of the dome.

The room covered in the same grey moss. Both Brainy and Laurel floated behind him inside Brainy’s force field for fear that as soon as it was dropped the Grey Moss Laurel might start attacking again as she helped the ancient Virx walk to the stairs. Once at the top of the stairs she blew away into the wind that came through the blown out windows.

“Come on. All day we don’t have.”

“Is there something wrong with your processing unit?” Brainy asked shining the light down.

“It’s degraded over the centuries. But as the Tyrants made it to be self repairing its doing its best to keep up and now that were down here the moss sensors cannot read anything below the surface. Which means you can drop your field.”

Brainy dropped his force field around himself and Laurel. But continued to hover down the rickety steel stair case.

“What happened to you?” Laurel couldn’t hold back her questions any longer. The dark dank hallway that was barely big enough for her to float through and the lights were so dim that she and Brainy held hands all the way down.

“The Computer Tyrants came. We were the initial attack. They had observed us for the last 700 years and saw our potential to rival their own intelligence. They couldn’t allow that. They needed to control what we were.”

“That we know from the records. But not all of Colu was changed like this. Why were you? Why was Gobu?” Brainy blurted his questions out.

“Brainy!” Laurel squeezed his hand slightly.

“Ouch.”

“It’s fine. Daxamite one.”

“You know?” Laurel’s blue eyes widened.

“Yes. Bio scanning happened as soon as you touched the moss. The Tyrants originally sought to incorporate us into their empire by implanting us with self repairing technology and circuitry, highly advanced at the time. But they didn’t expect us to try and rebel or that our intellect would connect with the circuitry and that we would master our newly acquired bodies quickly.” The steel stair case finally came to an end and led to a large partially open door, whose bright warm orange yellow glow radiated out.

“We were still ill prepared for the Tyrants and they literally turned half of my brethren off. Throughout the city beneath the moss lie the bodies of the decomposing bio-mechanical bodies. That stopped the rebellion there and then. But after that the Computer Tyrants felt it best to quarantine us from the rest of Colu.” Virx walked towards the door as it slides open automatically.

They entered into Virx’s chambers beneath Gobu. The glow was a fusion furnace. Its glow radiating out through the pipes that connected up into the ceiling.

“Where are we?” Brainy asked his readings for neutron particles going through the roof.

“We are in what remains of my Dome’s greatest achievement before the Computer Tyrants came. The rest of the Dome as you saw is covered in the moss, which I created once we were segregated from the rest of Colu and the Tyrants had been defeated.”

“Why did you stay away once they were defeated? Could have called for aid.” Laurel floated close to Brainy as she looked at the light around her as they walked down a long hallway past the main reactor. The pulsing glow radiating around them.

“Because we were different.”

“So?” Laurel’s compassion shone through as she moved away from Brainy’s side and floated up next to Virx.

“Coluians don’t exactly enjoy different as most of our race, as I’m sure you’ve seen how homogeneous we are. Hair and eye color are really the only real deviations amongst us and then of course level of intelligence varies slightly.” Brainy said taking more readings.

“But we still are rather excepting of it and understand the scientific and social benefits of diversity.” Brainy added as he looked at Laurel who was looking at him slightly shocked.

“Yes and young Brainiac and we also represent the think they hate the most a form of artificial intelligence and a reminder of their former masters.”Virx added.

“How did you know I was a Brainiac I didn’t touch the moss.”

“One the Daxamite one, Laurel referred...zz. to you asss Brainnny.”

“Virx, your processing unit is failing again. Let me take a look at it.”

“No. Sorry. Glitch that was. Unit in repair. My biological brain is taking over till it reboots.” Virx’s speech had returned to normal but sounded more aged.

“But I can update you and get you running in no time.” Brainy said running a diagnostic on Virx.

“Thank you but I’m dying and I’ve accepted it. Now follow me. My sitting room is just up ahead.” Virx shuffled along with Laurel at his side still.

The tunnel they traveled down continued to glow but the pulses of light grew fainter as they left they got father away from the fusion furnace. The orange yellow light changed to a golden yellow as it traveled through the pipes high above their heads.

“Virx, the Coluian high council is looking to reclaim Gobu and the rest of the southern hemisphere from the taint of the Computer Tyrants.” Brainy’s readings confirmed that even if he tried to save or fix any part of Virx it could potentially kill him.

“I’m aware. I’ve been monitoring communications since the end of the Computer Tyrants reign.

“Is that the reason for the moss?” Laurel asked innocently even though she knew the answer.

“Yes. I knew once the barriers came down Coluians wouldn’t wait too long to reclaim their world and all the knowledge that was lost here.” Virx’s voice quivered as he knew his people so well.

“Virx, are you the only one left?”

“After the great shut off, I and a few hundred of my breathen were left. I scoured all of the Southern Hemisphere and brought all of those that were alive here. But sadly as time has gone on they’ve all died out. Many couldn’t take the pressures of being a new life form, while others died of anxiety, old age, and for 100 years there was the cyber-plague. But we combated all of that. But there were still only a handful of us left. Until a few weeks ago when without warning the rest of my breathen shut off. I was down here and the reactor was protected me from whatever shut down Gobu.”

“There were disturbances across the galaxy of all electrical systems shutting down. That’s the reason I can here. I thought maybe it was connected.” Laurel said as she floated on her long blond hair flowing behind her as she kept up with Virx’s malfunctioning form, his walk finally succumbing to their age slowing his swift pace and bringing him to a limp.

“Virx, we’ve both come here to figure out why the city went dark but as I’ve looked around and taken reading of many of the understructure, Gobu is on power reserves and could easily be up and functioning within weeks. The rest of Colu will be coming.” Brainy warned again.

“I’m well aaaaware. Cough! Huff!” Virx’s coughed up more circuitry and wires lubricated in a blood and oil mixture.

“You are not the first one to visit Gobu young Brainiac.”

“What do you mean? Who else has been to Gobu?” Brainy’s defense went up as they reached Virx’s sitting which was the monitor room with a large computer console and giant screen display.

“None other than I, son.” Slowly turning around in the floating rusted grey chair her long blond hair covering one eye as she stood to greet them.

“Mother?!” Brainy’s force field instantly went up around him and Laurel. Brainy didn’t know what this reality’s version of his mother could really be like but the last time he had seen his one mother in his she was trying to kill him and the rest of the galaxy.

Instantly even with the situation at hand Brainy used his omnicom to run a scan on himself of his temporal chronological and reality energies to see if he had bonded with the reality. But as Brainy prepared for the worst he also felt that for the first time ever he might find the thing he was always looking for a chance to be with his mother.

“Brainiac 4 have you been here this entire time? The Coluian council said that you had disappeared without a trace.” Brainiac 5 tried his best to keep his calm. But his defenses were clearly up.

“After you were born, I was actually caught in a temporal storm that I created by mistake which sent me here, about a month ago. But yes I have also been here before to investigate a way to return Gobu and the rest of the southern hemisphere to Colu. But that’s a long story. I’m just so happy to see my darling son again and look how much you’ve grown from the infant you once were.” Brainiac 4 said with a slim smile her left eye still being covered by her long blonde hair.

Brainy’s guard raised even higher as this speech was eerily similar to the one his mother gave him before she tried to kill him. Brainy wasn’t going to let that happen again. His shield and omnicom’s were impenetrable. Brainy’s 12th thought track checked in on his temporal energy and reality frequencies started to stabilize but only half way.

“How can I be only half way stabilized?” Brainy thought to himself quickly.

“That’s why you disappeared without a trace. I hadn’t found your temporal research yet.” Brainiac 5’s hard voice seemingly softening.

“Well I’m not surprised. All of it was on my omnicom which, clearly son like mother; I have on me at all times. But I’m not sure how the storm started or how to get back.” Brainiac 4’s voice quivered slightly with disgust at the thought.

“I honestly doubt we’d be able to send you back anyway. Time travel is currently none existent in this time and the one institute studying it is nothing more than a museum.”

“Interesting. Well I’m sure you have some thoughts.” Brainiac 4 moved closer to Virx and placed her arm on his shoulder.

“Brainy do you need me to fly us out of here?” Laurel asked through the telepathic ear plugs.

“Not yet.” Brainy need to stay, he couldn’t leave just yet.

“I do. But I’m sure Representative Gux and the rest of the Coluian Council will be happy to have you back and maybe they will welcome you as well Virx, with both Brainiac’s backing you.”

“I doubt that son.” Brainiac 4 said she smiled and pulled back her hair from her left eye revealing its biomechanical eye refocusing as a flash of red emitted from her eyes while circuitry ran down her cheek.

“You’ve been transformed into a cybernetic being?” Brainy was skeptical.

“Yes. In the month I’ve been here and during my previous visit I’ve spent much time with Virx and he and I both agree that if it hadn’t been for the uprising and the most recent tragedy of the second great shut off cybernetic beings were the first choice of the Computer Tyrants to be their heir to their legacy and would have flourished. So along with Virx’s help we replicated the original experiments of the Computer Tyrants and now I’m the next step in Coluian evolution.”

“You wish to expand this process on Colu?” Laurel asked before Brainy could.

“Yes. But naturally eventually. We have been talking and think if we invite people to Gobu who wish to gain another level of intelligence and reach their peak then the transition will go more smoothly.” Virx’s grounded and aged voice spoke up.
“Yes. Of course naturally and eventually.” Brainiac 4’s voice was even and cool.

“But then why did you create the moss?”

“That was before Virx and I had perfect the process and we were preparing to be invaded more so than scouted like this. The council must be weakening in its years.” Brainiac 4 said the hair falling back over her left eye.

“Speaking of the council, I’m sure they will want a word with both of you. Perhaps you should come back with us.” Brainy said slowly dropping his field.

“That would not be wise for me. The travel might do more harmmm than goodddd. Cough! Cough!” Virx’s voice sterilized for a moment as his processing unit kicked back in.

Brainiac 4 slowly cradled Virx’s frail frame.

“He makes a good point. But maybe you could arrange a meeting with the council to either have a holo meeting with us or they could make the trip here. We can get rid of all the moss and other defense mechanisms and perhaps get the city up and running again and they can get a tour.” Brainiac 4 suggested as she motioned for the rusted grey floating chair to make its way over to Virx.

“That’s a good idea. I’d be more than willing to help.” Laurel’s tone was friendly but she passed Brainy a small thought.

“I’ll watch them.”

“That would be a great idea. How long would it take to get the city up and running?” Brainy asked as he knew Brainiac 4 already had started as he thought back to the docks and the lighting system looked as if it was new.

“Probably a month or so.”

“Good estimate. Considering the work you’ve already started on the docks.” Brainiac 5 said looking over his omnicom at the shots he took of the pillars.

“Yes. As I said we expected an invasion. So I prepared for one. Your hover cycle has been drained of all its power. But don’t worry I’ll return the charge.” Brainiac 4 stood crossing her arms beside a now sitting Virx.

“Then I guess we’ve got some work ahead of us to reintroduce Gobu and the southern hemisphere.” Brainy said as Virx nodded at him and Laurel simply smiled. But Brainiac 4’s smile troubled Brainy because he couldn’t tell if it was one of malicious intent or happiness as she kept her eyes squarely on him.

Last edited by Omni; 10/13/15 06:34 PM.

Omni #872383 10/13/15 06:48 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Cybernetic beings! Given how Colu reacted against Robotica this should be very interesting indeed...

Nice work casting doubt on Brainiac 4's benevolent intentions, you have created a nice bit of tension that makes me wonder if she is evil or not... and i like the exploratiin into Colu's culture and history

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/18/15 Welcome back
Omni #872836 10/18/15 12:48 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll Call:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Starboy -Thom Kallor - interstellar mass control.

Gear stood in the hanger checking the last of the calculations and modifications he had made to the device the Brainiac 5’s of two other universes helped to design to save Wildfire’s life. The small device was the second option of the blueprints the Brainiac 5’s had put into the omnicom. It allowed for itself to be attached and then work its way through the circuitry within his own suit, to help replenish his anti-energies, since they were currently without an external power source that could help to feed his energy until the machine of option one could regulate Wildfire’s energy.

“This should work. Once Wildfire returns I’ll attach the device to his chest and then it should almost instantly start spreading throughout his suit.” Gear recorded into his headset.

The force field around the headquarters dropped slowly as Wildfire approached his ring facing straight forward to open it. Billows of smoke followed him as he flew into the hanger.

“What’s the verdict Gear? We ready to do this?” Wildfire landed quickly and jogged in place. He was nervous but he wasn’t sure why. He had every faith in the Brainiac’s and Gear.

“I’m going to attach the device to your chest and once its attached you might feel it warming up as its circuitry extends out and works its way into your suit and then I want you to power up. Fly and create anti-energy balls in your hands.” Gear instructed his tone modulation trying to sooth Wildfire again.

“Thanks.” Wildfire said simply as he attached the device to his chest. Slowly the small grey box’s circuitry extended out its yellow glow against Wildfire’s red suit lighting Wildfire’s body up as he began t float. The billows of smoke rushed from his legs while his hands glowed.

“What’s happening?” Wildfire asked

“What do you mean?” Gear had turned around to grab a scanner when he saw Wildfire’s hands glowing and forming two distinct energies. One was his anti-energy with its familiar orange-red glow while the other glowed an alternating orange and pink glow as enlarged atoms circled his hand and the ball of energy he created.
Gear instantly raised the scanner.

“Your powers are splitting. You’re showcasing all three of your powers. But I’m not sure how. All your energy readings are going off the charts. How does the device feel?”

“It’s hot…it feels like its tarring into the suit a little.” Wildfire said extending his powers and while trying to tare at his suit.

“Wildfire…Drake, remain calm. I’m going to access its remote controls and have it disengage from you.” Gear typed furiously on his omnicom.

“Gear…something’s… happening!” Wildfire yelled. As he tore at his suit and his energy expanded out getting brighter and brighter the smoke rising lifting Wildfire up higher.

“Gear what’s going on in here?” Starboy asked as he flew in from the main room with Dreamer and Sensor at his side.

“Get out of here guys!” Wildfire screamed as he radiation energy traveled up his right arm as the left hand glowed bright with anti-energy but it didn’t travel up his arm.

“No Wildfire we’re here for you!” Sensor yelled as she began shielding her eyes Wildfire’s light getting righter by the second.

“I can’t stop the process. The device is doing its best to fix you and regulate your powers. But I think it’s can’t process all three at once.” Gear continued to scan Wildfire as his green eyes shifting to white to adjust for the glow coming from Wildfire.

“It’s starting to hurt! I feel like I’m being ripped apart here Gear!! AHHHH” Wildfire’s head flew up as he fired energy from his visor a mix of anti-energy and radiation firing straight up and into the force field.

“Look out!” Dreamer jumped Gear as she stopped a ricocheted blast from incinerating him.

Dreamer knew this was going to happen eventually and as her eyes widened and her vision hazed for a moment Dreamer saw before her two beings separating and a shrouded figure that loomed as if time stood still and like that she was brought back as Wildfire’s light blinded all of them for a moment.

“AHHH!!!” Wildfire screamed as his suit tore open with light and energy and smoke pouring out of him. The smoke filled the room.

“Eco-protect systems everyone!” Star boy called as a yellow shimmer surrounded their bodies the smoke around them wafting past them and into the main room of the headquarters.

The air filtration system kicked in automatically clearing out the smoke from the entire headquarters and hanger. Standing before them as the smoke cleared was two people none of them ever thought they’d see again and what remained of their friend Wildfire was in shreds on the floor.

“What just happened?” Cosmic Boy flew up from the jump tube and into the hanger. Cosmic Boy’s eyes widened as standing before him were Randal Burroughs, and Jahr-Drake Ningle, or better known as Atom’x and Blast-off the heroes who sacrificed their lives to stop Mordru.

“What’s going on guys? Come on why are you looking at me like that? Am I fixed Gear?” Randal and Drake said in unison.

“That’s one way to look at it.” Starboy scratched his head.

“What do you mean?” Randal and Drake said in unison before they looked at each other realizing the sound of their voice was coming from beside them.

Slowly they both turned and faced each other.

“AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the two of the screamed in unison.

“I’m naked!” they said in unison again.

Instantly Sensor cast an illusion of the two of them in their uniforms. She had met both of these young men before they joined to become Wildfire. But she haven’t known them long to know their style.

“Gear how is this happening?” Drake and Randal asked.

“Would you stop that!” they two of them yelled at each other in simultaneously

“Let me speak.” The two continued on again.

“I think there is still a mental link between you two. You’ve share a mind for so long that it may take time for you to disconnect from one another.” Gear walked around the two of them taking readings of their powers, their bodies, and their minds. Every aspect.

“What’s this?” Dreamer walked over to Wildfire’s suit.

“That’s my suit.” The two said looking at it longingly. They both couldn’t believe what was happening. They had wanted to be human again for so long but never thought it would be a reality. The two of them walked over and took the suit from Dreamer both grabbing it at the same time and with a gulp.

“Gear, what happened? I thought the circuitry was supposed to help replenish my energies. Not tare me apart and make me human again.” The two shared a slight smile as they said the last part.

“The circuitry was meant to fix Wildfire as a whole. But since we’ve entered this reality you’ve been experiencing power fluctuations and the return of your old powers. Your chronological and reality frequencies have been in the most completion of all of us.”

“Interlac please.” The two said.

“We all have frequencies and energies that match time and space. We carry the frequency of our home reality. But since we are without a place to return to our energies are anomalies. But when we entered into this reality it wasn’t stable and it mixed our energies since we needed a home. Now the energies are in battle for dominance. But your energies were the most violent…and now your energies have stabilized completely.” Gear blinked his glowing green eyes.

“They’ve stabilize? Cosmic Boy stepped forward crossing his arms as he looked over the readouts Gear had.

“Yes. Their chronological energy and reality frequency match that of U248.”

“U248?” Star Boy raised an eye brow.

“Yes, that’s what I’ve as you would say dubbed this reality.” Gear’s hand opened up the green organic machinery twisted into a small flash light as he examined each of Randal’s deep brown eyes.

“So…you’re saying the two of us are part of this reality as if we always had been? Randal said for the first time independently of Drake.

“Yes. You’re cemented here and I’m sure if we do a search for any feeds on either of you we will find your personal histories intact.

“I’ll be one of the Amazers.”

“And I’ll be some kid who’s able to blast off and a show off.” Drake said with a familiar bravado as a wide smile grew across his face.

“We’ll you’re both Legionnaires regardless of the fact that theirs two of you now.” Cosmic Boy put his hands on both their shoulders as he stood in between them.

“No worries boss. You can still count on us.” They both said.

Cosmic boy heard Wildfire as they both talked and even though they had just started to become buddies Cosmic Boy realized he needed to get to know two whole new people.

“Welcome to the Legion Atom’x and Blast-off.” Cosmic Boy said with a bitter sweet smile.

Last edited by Omni; 10/18/15 12:49 AM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/18/15 Welcome back
Omni #872837 10/18/15 01:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Awesome! I'm sure the two boys are happy to be themselves again! Can't wait to get to know them more.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/20/15 Into the night
Omni #873082 10/20/15 02:20 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy

Roll Call:
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire -Kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. Concussive, searing blasts. Flight, Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247 - interstellar mass control.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition

Later that night Personal Quarters Sub Level one.

“Are you excited?” Drake asked from the bottom bunk. Gear had used the room’s customizable bed arrangements to create a floating bunk bed that retracted into the ceiling when not in use slightly bouncing up and down in his own bed.

“Hmmm… Oh yes I’m really excited.” Randal’s voice was soft and pensive. His hands glided across forearms.

“Penny for your thoughts? Now that I can’t completely see into your brain.”

“It’s just been a long time since I was Randal Burroughs. I think I’m just trying to remember what I was like.

“Brash over confident and really competitive.” I know you better than yourself. Although those were just the first impressions before you got yourself killed.” Drake playfully kicked the bed jostling Randal slightly.

“Yeah yeah, nothing I haven’t heard or thought or talked about with you over the last billion years. But you weren’t much different. So aren’t you wondering who you are beyond that?”

“I guess. I’m just happy to be human again. To touch to feel my own skin. To have hair to pull! This is amazing. We’ve gotten a second chance.” Drake pulled his thick black hair back from the ponytail he had it tied up in.

“Your right Drake and I am happy. I guess I just need to figure out what happy means to me.”

“And you will buddy.”

“Thanks” Randal closed his eyes and thought about all the possibilities they… he had now.

“Hey Randal?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks again for continuing to room with me. I know you probably want some alone time. But it just wouldn’t feel right to not finally sleep and not be in the same room. Do you know what I mean?”

“I’d miss you too buddy.” Randal smiled as they both drifted off to sleep for the first time in a billion years. Both snoring as loud as could be.

Monitor Room:

“Since when do you pull all nighters on monitor duty?” Thom asked Nura as he walked into the monitor room.

“Since I don’t sleep and our friends are missing. Besides I needed to get away from Drake and Randal’s snoring. Clearly it was so loud it woke you up.” Nura flashed though a smile.

“It did. We’ll have to talk to Gear about sound proofing the rooms.”

“They are sound proofed.” Nura couldn’t help but laugh a little

“Well then we give them leeway for one night since it’s the first time in who knows when.”

“True. If you’d like my shift is actually almost over. We can cuddle up with a movie in the common area and fall back to sleep.” Nura suggested as she closed her loges on the holo screen.

“Sure. But first what were you looking up?”

“Just after I saved Gear this afternoon I had a vision of I think was the time trapper. For some reason I saw Drake and Randal pulled apart by a shrouded figure. But my visions here are more interpretive and less precise like during the Robotican invasion.”

“Which frustrates you to no end, but other than the time trapper who do you think it was?”

“I was trying to focus and recall the vision in more detail but no luck. In the vision it was as if time stood still. The Time Trapper must be involved in this. I’m just not sure how. But what I was looking for was a recipe I wanted to try and make in the commissary for you. See.” Nura opened up the screen again to show a lemon-Balza pie shown on Baltir-4’s famous feed personality cook show “With as side of Balza”.

“Wow. But what does this have to do with your vision?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to tell you about my vision before we go and cuddle. I think I might be able to fall asleep in those arms of yours mister.” Nura walked over to Thom and nuzzled her check against his t-shirt.

“Cute. Lets got watch the movie.” Thom tugged at Nura as she shut down the computer again. He knew Nura wasn’t telling him everything. But he also knew not to push her before she was ready.

“Thom if I could only tell you what I know needs to happen. If only I could tell anyone.” Nura thought to herself as her vision flashed before her again with The Time Trapper separating the two of them but Wildfire’s body still stood between them.

Last edited by Omni; 10/20/15 02:23 AM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/20/15 Into the night
Omni #873083 10/20/15 02:40 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Ominous vision... I think a lot of things are going to happen with those two wink Nice piece though, Drake's and Randall's thoughts about being human AND separate again were very realistic.

I sympathize with Nura as well, must be tough seeing something she knows will come true, and she can't do anything about it and does not even know 100% what it means.

Omni #873085 10/20/15 05:21 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I still need to catch up, I have only gotten up to Brainy and Laurel meeting Brainiac 4 at the moment...but like IB said, I am loving the tension and the look into Colu's past and society! Also really enjoy seeing Laurel and Brainy working together so well smile

Omni #873163 10/21/15 06:04 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Wow, I did not expect to see Wildfire separated! Very interested to see what becomes of those two as time goes on...

Omni #873171 10/21/15 10:08 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I didn't expect that! Nice twist Omni, splitting Wildfire like that, though Dreamers vision adds a sinister element. Looking forward to seeing where you take that as the Trappers always fun.

Brainy and Andromeda are so good together, so its fun to see them dealing with the scheming Brainiac 4... You are building that story arc really well.

Can't wait for more, more, more!

Page 13 of 37 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
LegionFan223
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Elvis Lad
Elvis Lad
Hollywood, Ca
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star