Roll Call
0 members (), 66 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/13/24 07:30 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/13/24 07:23 PM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Gaseous Lad - 05/13/24 04:44 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/11/24 09:37 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Eryk Davis Ester - 05/10/24 04:47 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Official Tournament Championship Thread
#869410 09/15/15 06:45 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
This is the last and most important poll in the Tournament. The winner of this match is the winner of the overall Tournament. In the event of a tie, it will become best two out of three.

Invisible Brainiac's Team
Martian Manhunter- 50 points
Gates (Retro-Boot)- 40 points
Kinetix (Non-Terrorform)- 30 points
Kid Quantum II (Non-Time Traveler)- 30 points

VS.

Thoth Lad's Team
Amazo - 50 points
Vanisher- 35 points
Ultra Boy- 35 points (with flight ring)
Ambrose Chase- 30 points
~~~~
Invisible Brainiac's Strategy
"Don't you just hate gadgets that annoy you?" Kid Quantum II asks as she uses her quantum bubbles to age Heat Wave's gun to dust. She then keeps him in stasis long enough to hit him in the back of the head.

"I'll say." Kinetix removes her telekinetic shield and reaches out to grab Weather Wizard's wand. She yanks it from his hands and smashes it into the ground. "I can control the weather WITHOUT my wand," he growls, sending a bolt of lightning at her. Zoe telekinetically lifts rubber to block it, then slams Wizard into a wall.

"Hmph. The continued freedom of these ruffians speaks a lot about the ability of this era's penal system to rehabilitate criminals!" Gates grumbles as he teleports Trickster into the air. J'Onn catches Trickster as he falls, rendering him unconscious painlessly.

"You three are a very effective team," he compliments as they head towards the Museum. "Now, we must prepare."

"Don't worry," Kinetix laughs. "With what we got from our Clubhouse, things will be fine."

My team strides into the museum, facing the opposing team. "I can't read their minds!" J'Onn yells. Before they can react, they are met by a beam from Amazo's Green Lantern ring to encapsulate them, fire the Vanisher's guns, Ambrose Chase's physics field to slow them down, and lastly, a Phantom Zone ray courtesy of Ultra Boy. The four heroes fade out.

"Huh. Never seen the projector work like that before," Ultra Boy muses. "Eh, who cares? We won!" Vanisher whoops. "Glad we had these anti-telepathy helmets I snagged!"

Suddenly, a portal of bright white light opens behind Amazo and a green field of energy - Zoe's telekinesis - pulls him in. The portal closes. To the right, Martian Manhunter fades into view, smiling. He holds a phantom zone projector AND the Anywhere Machine - the invention of Postboot Brainiac 5 which allows anyone to project light and sound anywhere. The heroes Ultra Boy sent into the zone were just holograms!

Gates quickly teleports the three opponents, putting them off-balance. As they exit Gates' portal, Kid Quantum II sends a cascade of quantum particles at Ultra Boy, Ambrose and Vanisher. Vanisher teleports away, but the other 2 are caught in the field and their anti-telepathy helmets rusted. Ambrose nullifies Jazmin's field, but this lets J'Onn zap Ambrose's mind, putting him to sleep.

While this is happening, Zoe's telekinesis yanks the phantom zone projector away from Jo's hand. Jo switches to super speed and takes Kid Quantum II, the biggest threat besides J'Onn. As he does, J'Onn and Zoe pile on him and he goes down too.

"Okay, now where's Vanisher... oh!" Gates goes down as Vanisher appears behind him, taking him out. He points and shoots at Kinetix; Zoe manages to throw a shield up in time.

"2 vs. 1, no fair!" Vanisher yells as he keeps teleporting. He blips, shoots, blips, shoots, but Zoe's telekinesis keeps him from hitting. "Dammit!" Vanisher jumps to the other team's phantom zone projector in desperation. "If I can get Amazo back... AHHH!"

He falls to the ground as a telekinetic blast hits him and strips off his helmet. J'Onn's telepathy invades his mind and brings him down. Kinetix and J'Onn stand triumphantly. "Knew you would go for that." "And with nobody to free him, Amazo can stay in the zone until it concedes defeat," J'Onn smiles. They help Kid Quantum II and Gates up and head home.

VS. thoth lad's Strategy

hanks for taking the time to put all this together Emily. It's been lots of fun. I hope you'll put another one together soon.

My plans for the Flash themed Final

My team gather together in the main exhibit area inside the Flash museum, preferring to face their opponents directly.
Ambrose looks to slow down time while Jo and Amazo look to fly upwards to gain height in the spacious foyer. Vanisher lurks in the background aiming his guns.

Any direct attack on my team will look convincing for the first minute of any combat, but something seems off. They are mirror duplicates of my real team.

In fact, the entire Flash museum and the area around it has been projected into Mirror Master’s mirror dimension. If Ibby’s team get anywhere near it, or in it, they will actually be in the mirror dimension. And they always have been. Once they are near or in the museum, the gateway to the dimension instantly closes “forever” behind them. With Gates unable to travel across dimensions, there’s no way back for them.

But how?

Well, Amazo’s combination of Martian mind control and Zatanna magic controlled and convinced the Flash villains to work on our side.

One of the museum’s main exhibits is a Cosmic Treadmill. Jo’s future knowledge and Amazo’s Flash super speed took my team into the 31st century version of the Flash museum. With all the time in the world and access to advanced technology, Mirror Master was able to construct his device and travel back in time to project the Flash museum into it. He did this only hours after the Flash museum first opened. All the Flash encounters in the museum, have actually been in the Mirror Dimension. One giant trap aimed at the final of this contest.

This was Amazo and Jo’s plan. Jo has experience of defence against mental attack thanks to Imra, while Amazo’s mechanical brain is immune from pesky Martian invaders.

Back Up plans
But my team haven’t just relying on one plan. There’s a backup plan. With the ability to jump back and forth in time with the treadmill, Central City isn’t quite as it first appears in other areas too. There’s a pretty good surveillance system set up, deigned to allow my team to follow our opponent’s every move. Combined with Jo and Amazo’s super vision, not much is going to escape their attention. There’s an excellent community communication system too, allowing (Zatanna) Amazo to get the whole population to sleep/ forget their identities.

But where are my team? Mirror Master and Vanisher are teleporting them behind the mirrors in Central City, keeping my team safe from harm. Even my opponents destroying the whole town won’t hurt my team where they are.

Boomerang and Cold are directed to any hotspots. Cold can reduce the temperature around any opponent to absolute zero and Boomerang can attach boomerang rockets to opponents taking them into orbit (really  ). Being in civilian clothes concealing their weapons, they should go undetected. Especially as everyone is wrapped up due to the unseasonably (captain cold) weather and that they have been (Zatanna) magicked to be unable to reveal any plans.

Keeping all this Flash themed and within Central City, Vanisher and Ambrose are also wielding Doctor Alchemy’s Weather Wizard’s weather wand and Dr. Alchemy’s philosopher’s stone (why the Flash museum keeps putting them on display has always been a mystery). The new powers should get round most of my opponents counter measures and are not used with subtlety. Fierce lightning storms are projected and areas transformed to gold are common in the first moments coming out of mirrors.

The rest of the team can move in and out of anywhere in the contest zone as desired, picking off opponents. Amazo can magic entire areas to sleep, crowds to attack or transform non organic matter to intertron (thanks to Jo). Ambrose can cause buildings to fall and slow time to a crawl around any opponent. And Jo’s ultra-energy makes him a strong opponent to combat anyone.

Mirror Master remains a trump card. Should any opponent be near any reflective surface they may find themselves transported into their own mini mirror world.

Championship Match
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/15/15 06:42 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Last edited by Emily Sivana; 09/15/15 08:35 PM.
Re: Official Tournament Championship Thread
Emily Sivana #869413 09/15/15 07:11 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for setting this up Emily. Excited to be in the finals.

I noticed that thoth's strategy seems to be exactly the same as the one for our match in a previous round... was that intentional?

Emily Sivana #869422 09/15/15 08:36 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Sorry about that, I grabbed the wrong message in the chain of PMs. Next time we do a Tournament I will tell people to make completely new PMs so that I don't make mistakes like that. I deleted and replaced it with the current strategy.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #869424 09/15/15 08:55 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks Emily, for clarifying. And thanks for all the work you have put into running the tournament.

Emily Sivana #869567 09/17/15 10:19 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Congratulations to IB and TL for making it to the end!

And thanks to Emily for organizing all this. It can't have been easy.

Question: When does this poll close? I'm not going to be able to read the strategies and vote until the weekend.

Emily Sivana #869609 09/17/15 05:39 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Thank you for the compliments. This is a lot of fun, but they are always a lot of work. After this, I'll probably take a month break and then begin working on a Batvillain Idol in October.

The poll closes a week from the date I started, which will be next Tuesday.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #869610 09/17/15 05:44 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Idol games can be very time-consuming too smile I'm glad you're the one running the Batvillain Idol game! (I still owe everyone an LSV Idol game, unless someone else wants to run it...!)

Let me know if you need help with the rules for the Batvillain game, Emily. Feel free to copy from any of my previous Idol games.

Emily Sivana #870576 09/26/15 03:10 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Congratulations on the win Ibby! Well Done!

And more thanks to Emily for taking the trouble to not only come up with the tournament, but to add in all the wrinkles each round to make it even more interesting.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Emily Sivana #870581 09/26/15 06:07 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks thothy! Your teams really made me think, I had a lot of fun. Your strategies were very interesting and I also enjoyed seeing everyone else's approaches to the fights!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,265
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Lightning Lad
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SeaPea
SeaPea
Orange County, CA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star