Roll Call
1 members (KryptonKid), 35 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:58 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:57 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:56 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
Kill This Thread LII - The End of the Deck of Cards
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/10/24 02:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/09/24 10:26 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by thoth lad - 05/09/24 03:34 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The Tops in Tens!
Thriftshop Debutante #884323 01/06/16 07:44 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
91. weird Tales of the Horrific – that’s one crazy looking old dude.

92. Jack of Fables, if only because Bart Sears art style sometimes just doesn’t work for me, and this JLE cover is one of those times.

93. Magilla Gorilla – hard not to love Magilla for his name, suspenders, bow tie and hat. Even better: a banana dispenser.

94. Batman – love this cover.

95. Secrets of Love and Marriage – beach setting with vibrant blue background; the girl is on top and being the aggressor; and the logo has a really sensual “L”. Love it.

96. Liberty Comics – both covers have very bare backgrounds but Liberty Comics includes a wonderful light yellow over-sized moon which makes it pop.

97. Web of Spider-Man – this may be have been the toughest of the second half of covers because the David Mack intro of Echo is a really terrific cover. But I love the Chaykin layout of the ripped, black costume Spidey poster with his Mary Sue in the foreground.

98. Daredevil – love, love, love this Wally Wood cover. As ridiculous as the goofy villains are, there is no topping the Wood-drawn red costume.

BONUS COBIE COMMENT: My Dad just bought a new near-mint copy of Daredevil #7 on ebay because ours was looking a little worse for wear. It’s really stunning and looks like it came out yesterday. It’s also the single best Silver Age Daredevil story of them all, and I probably read it so many times that I’m the reason our old copy was all beat up.

99. Binky’s Buddies – I generally don’t like the ‘wannabe Decarlo Archie’ style, but this cover has a terrific gag and is youthful & fun at the same time. It works.

100. Little Lulu – I would never chose Lulu over Popeye, but there’s no denying this is a great cover. The rainy background, which looks blue-ish, versus the green side frame and the lack of color under Lulu’s umbrella work terrific. Plus, they are walking to the left of the page, which is usually not the case and makes it look more dynamic.

Thriftshop Debutante #884519 01/08/16 11:55 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
41. MARVEL FAMILY!

42. plas (dc) that's great!

43. Both are fun but Grell ftw (Sable)

44. good matchup, I find the sweetness of LITTLE MAX more appealing, plus better to me art.

45. GL G.A. defeats dorkfaced S.A.

46. SUPER-STORIES more fun

47. 1980s. the s.a. is kind lame

48. annual! what a classic!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Thriftshop Debutante #884730 01/10/16 04:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
49. OPERTION PERIL EARNS MY 10 CENTS, I JUsT GOTTA KNOW aBOUT THOSE sea-VaMPIRES!!

50. SEA DEVILS (Early issues) will prob win every time but SUPER MAGICIAN sure is interesting.

51. MY GAYEST ADVENTURE you mean, because those two are obvs heading to Lake BootyBang...

52. BOY COMICs, pretty great!

53. WEIRD MYSTERY, i'm a sucker for the DC half-cover reprint line

54. FROGMEN, Dell often did good job on covers

55. THE OUTSIDERS, great fun!

56. BOTH ARE so good but I JUST LIKE THe BALL sHAPED shield ornaments best

57. JUST IMAGINE but neither are great.

58. SLEEPER, The Boys guy annoys me.

59. ALL STAR for sure both I love the other too.

60. herlpless mini supegirl in tubes ftw!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got you, my itty bitty pretty!!!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
Thriftshop Debutante #884891 01/12/16 06:36 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
61. JUSTICE.... BLUE, THE COLOR SUIT IT

62. TOODLES WITH TOTS

63. IMPULSE

64. FIRESTORM looks truly dangerous

Thriftshop Debutante #887988 02/23/16 11:32 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
101. Ghosts - as much as Freedom Fighters is a series I'd rather read, the cover here, positioned on a slant with the viewer at ground level, is incredibly dynamic and escalates the tension nicely.

102. X-Statix - there's just more personality and character here from the thoughtful expression to the realistic background. "Zen" characters in comics have been played out since 1940.

103. Hit Comics - for the sheer power being displayed in the chaos.

104. Skeleton Key - I both like and dislike each one for different reasons, but something about the borders on SK wins it.

105. Legion of Super-Heroes - the Infinity Inc one is full of color and the novelty of the pre-crisis JSA, but here less is more wins the day. LSH has a great background, cool floating head and dynamic Wildfire up in front which just draws your attention.

106. Legion of Super-Heroes - at first this cover feels ugly and too busy, but as you look at it you see the intricate detail, and the hellish pathway leading to Roxxas. And if you've read the issue 20 times like so many of us, it has even more appeal.

107. Scribbly - if only because it evokes such a pleasant scene. It strikes up my own memories at first and then I notice there's a whole treating winter like summer gag going on as an added bonus.

108. Aquaman - JLA #10 is a classic cover but I never liked it as a kid because you can't see the heroes very well. Meanwhile Aquaman is more dynamic and colorful.

109. Captain Marvel - despite the absolutely cringe inducing haircut, it's a beautiful cover with her gazing at the stars.

110. American Flag - basically wins by default because Fun and Games is so wretched its Hulk one-liner.

Thriftshop Debutante #887990 02/23/16 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
111. Master Comics - was there a repeat here? I'll take Master then for its motion towards the reader and interesting dam background.

112. Rex Libris - because it seems whacky and beautiful at the same time. Meanwhile, the in-joke being made in Hawkworld was barely funny in the 90's and doesn't hold up now.

113. Worlds Finest - a rare Green Arrow cover appearance! Meanwhile, WW battles a guy in a thong?

114. Tiny Titans - Balthazar and Franco are terrific.

115. Tessie the Typist - nice legs win the day!

116. Amethyst - beautiful, moody coloring and shadowing meet Perez? Yes please.

117. Crisis - this cover, like #12 and most of the series, mesmerized me as a kid. Could I name them all? No, I could not. I never figured out who Space Ranger was until the Internet existed.

118. X-Men Legacy - very clever. Very British.

119. The Witching Hour - look at that color! Shadowing! Horror on the man's face! Eyes on the woman entering! Truly a renaissance era of horror covers.

120. She-Hulk - through to be honest, I don't love either.

Thriftshop Debutante #887992 02/23/16 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Bonus:

Love that Moon Girl Romance cover! Also Batman: the Long Halloween with Catwoman and fireworks.

Meanwhile Rex sure fought a lot of bears. Better than a T-Rex and nuclear explosion though. (A lil Rex in-joke).

DC Super-Stars #10, with the JLA playing the SSOSV in baseball is a favorite--a gift from my brother-in-law a few years ago, which I never knew existed.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,021
Posts1,045,234
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
JackMythos
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ricardo
Ricardo
Brasil
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star