Roll Call
0 members (), 37 Murran Spies, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37
Re: TotL: in U-248 10/13/15 Legacy of a Tyrant
Omni #873197 10/21/15 04:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks for the support guys and comments guys.

I'm really glad everyone is enjoying Brainy and Laurel working together. This arch has really been the hardest for me to write. But i'm glad everyone is liking it. I enjoy thinking about these worlds and how to know more about them.

Wildfire's twist of fate is far from done as well and i'm glad i was able to shock you guys with that. There's more twist in store.

Dreamer's vision is very ominous and the weight she's going to be carrying is big. But she's strong and will do what needs to be done.

Last edited by Omni; 10/21/15 04:21 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: TotL: in U-248 10/21/15 Attractions of a Warrior
Omni #873198 10/21/15 04:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Main floor Gym Levels 1 and 2.

Roll Call:
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.

Cadet Umbra did a back flip off of the moving floating vault as she shot a blast of shadow at a battle bot. The 8 foot bot staggered back as her shadow smashed into the bots chest.

“Damage 80%. Self repairs to outer shell begun.” The battle bots’ automated voice sounded.

“Ha! These focused blasts are working the best. But they take the most concentration even with the power boots this reality is giving me. By my ancestors I may have to return to the caves and reconnect because I barely hear them anymore.” Umbra flipped and kicked the battle bots head.

“Hmmm rubber battle bots that look metal. Not a bad idea and here I thought I had I might actually break something today. Pity.” Umbra was feeling restless after her mission to Scylla. She hadn’t been chosen for a non cadet mission in almost a month and itching to leave the academy. The Legion allowed for much more freedom to take on missions. But Umbra had to admit there were more missions.

“This is what the cadets of our home reality must have felt like. I doubt if I had to go through the academy system when I first started I’d probably not have made active Legionnaire status for a long time.” Umbra thought to herself as she dodged three consecutive laser blasts from the battle bot with a tuck and roll.

Umbra flooded the battle bot with several smaller and tighter shadow blasts hitting the rubber armor denting it before it bounced back. Umbra tucked and rolled again getting herself behind the battle bot. raising her hands high in the air her shadows swirled around her hands quickly encasing the battle bot.

“That should confuse you for a bit and these punctures should work nicely!” Umbra’s dark field pushed inward creating black spikes that punched the rubber shell of the battle bot.

“Not bad sweet heart.” Cadet Chey-Nu called from the dual floating punching bags next to the Battle bot ring Umbra was in.

“Excuse me?”

“Not bad. Although, because of its rubber shell you’ll be punching all day. Let me help.” Instantly Cadet Chey-Nu’s body began to glow as it charged up jolts of electricity jumped from his body as it transformed into pure lighting instantly slipping through Umbra’s dark field hitting the battle bot attempting to rip open the battle bot. but instantly Cadet Chey-Nu was bounded backwards as Umbra’s dark field disappeared around the battle bot. Umbra fell to the ground from the back lash of electricity his body was putting out.

“Whooaaa! Look out!” Cadet Chey-Nu screamed as he was bounced across the gym.

Several Cadets jumped back while Cadet Rikane lowered his density to let him pass straight through him. His flight path allowed him to grab a hold of a pillar and swing himself around back towards Cadet Umbra as he rushed back to her side quickly transitioning back to his humanoid form as he landed next to her.

“Cadet Umbra, are you…OUCH!”Cadet Chey-Nu screamed as Cadet Umbra punched him in the nose sending him stumbling back.*

“Oh! Ouch! What was that for?” Cadet Chey-Nu held his nose in hands as a little bit of blood trickled down.

“That was for calling me sweetheart, and sweetie on Scylla, and for interrupting my workout. Not to mention your energy broke my dark field and cause me to pass out.” Cadet Umbra stood near him crossing her arms as a cape of shadows warped around her.

“Who punches someone for paying them a compliment?”

“Those are not compliments. Those are words you use to put me in my place as submissive to you and the weaker warrior. But I am not weak and you clearly don’t know your powers as you should have known rubber doesn’t conduct electricity.” Umbra’s thin smile and gaze were firm as she looked down on Cadet Chey-Nu.

“Clearly.” Cadet Chey-Nu’s voice still muffled by his hands.

“Let me see.” Cadet Umbra approached Cadet Chey-Nu and as she raised her hands he flinched.

“I won’t punch you I promise. But we must find out if it’s broken or just bruised.” Cadet Umbra slowly moved his hands away from his face. His nose was no longer bleeding but the remains of dried blood were visible.

“Well the bleeding has stopped and your swallow. But I don’t think it was broken. I’d still swing by the med bay though to make sure.” Cadet Umbra stepped back.

“Thanks…” Cadet Chey-Nu’s blond hair fell into his blue eyes as wiped away the dried blood and trying to take slow deep breath through his nose.

“If you’d like to get better at your skills I’d be more than happy to help train you.” Cadet Umbra offered as she watched him take in the breath. Watching him wipe away the dried blood and his deep breathing extending out his slender frame gave him a certain appeal.

Even though she was clearly his superior in combat she saw potential in the young blond cadet and could train him to be a real warrior. A small devilish grin spread across her face as her blue-black eyes gleamed.

“Yeah?” Cadet Chey-Nu saw the smile and returned it slightly because as soon as he tried to smile or wink his nose hurt causing him to wince.

“Yes. Go to the med bay and we can start as soon as you have a clean bill of health.” Cadet Umbra tuned her shadow cape flapping past him as she walked away sending shadows towards Cadet Chey-Nu’s face before settling down and hugging her body as she walked away from him.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
*This scene was inspired by Harbinger.

Last edited by Omni; 10/21/15 04:15 PM.

Omni #873200 10/21/15 04:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Sweet! Thank you Omni. I like your take on Umbra, tough and focussed but also intelligent and can see potential in those around her. Great characterisation, well written.

More, more, more!

Oh I'd have punched him too. smile

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #873207 10/21/15 06:37 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
A very nice scene! I liked Umbra's telling off Chey-Nu and the punch was great. Interested to see where this goes.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/22/15 A Meditaiive moment
Omni #873240 10/21/15 11:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Level 10 – Titanet Command Center.

Roll Call:
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
Aven – Alpha class telepath of Titan and Titan Institute Mentor.

Cadet Ardeen sat cross legged as she waited in one of the mediation rooms waiting for the arrival of Aven “her” mentor.

“This is going to be hard. I don’t know how I’ll keep anything from Aven. I have my mind mostly due to him from the mental blocks he places on my powers to the rehabilitation of my mind over the years since I’ve been in the Legion. He will know everything.” Imra thought to herself as the psychic energy around her gently glowed.

“Of course I know everything child. Your mind is an open book to me.” Aven appeared before her in astral form his blue psychic energy lapping up from his shoulders and head making him appear smoky.

“Aven, you’re here! It’s so good to see you again.” Imra could feel herself becoming excited to feel Aven’s psychic energy again.

“It is good to see you again as well. You’ve been gone a long time child and your aura is clouded. You shouldn’t have skipped the retreats.” Aven finally walked through the door and his blue psychic smoky avatar wafted away.

“I’m sorry Aven. I couldn’t make it back. I was traveling and got stuck for a long time.”

“I can see that. Your journey has caused much stress. Stop fighting me child and let me into your mind.”

“I’m not fighting Aven. I think it’s all just really hard to explain.” Imra cast her blue eyes downward. She knew Aven was going to discover the truth and they would all be exposed as being from another reality.

The world around them slowed to a standstill. Aven’s body turning gray first before eventually the entire room was grey. Imra stood instantly hands before her ready to fight as she recognized this as the handiwork of the Time Trapper.

“What do you want Trapper?” Imra yelled out into the frozen room.

“Simply to help give you the knowledge that will help you here.” A voice appearing behind Imra forced her to turn her back on Aven.

“What knowledge and at what price?”

“The price will come in time. But as you’ve all learned this reality is your home. But not all of you are bonded here as you know. There are things that need to happen to make this reality yours. I’ll give you pieces of that information now, just as I have your teammate Dreamer.”

“You’ve met with Dreamer?”

“No. But I’ve sent a few visions her way to help you all adjust.”

“Why is it so important to you for us to adjust?”

“I want to you to live I care for your story as you know. But I also want this world to thrive and the only way for that to happen is for you to bond with it. This reality is unstable and will cease to exist if you do don’t bond with it.”

“But why? Why are we the key to saving it?” Imra asked her powers trying to reach out and touch the Time Trapper’s mind.

“Nice try mind-witch. But my temporal powers keep me away from your powers to learn the secrets of time. I told you the price would be learned in time and that includes the price of if you don’t succeed. Now take the knowledge that will keep you safe.” The Time Trapper held out its shrouded and wrapped hands. A glowing ball of white energy in its hands.

“What information are you giving me? You must tell me that much.” Imra gently grabbed for the glowing ball.

“This ball holds the history this Aven knows about you. I’ve watched as your team has had to stumble with the people who “know” them. But yours presents the most danger. If it’s found out your all from another reality you won’t be able to cement yourselves here and this United Planets would impede the work you have to do to cement yourselves here.” The Time Trapper folded its arms back into the tattered sleeves.

“And it says nothing about the price we’ll pay?”

“All in due time.” The Time Trapper faded away as the world began again the grey fading away.

“Imra? Why have you turned from me?” Aven asked.

“Sorry Aven. I thought I felt a new psychic presents. It must be one of the cadets entering the floor.” Looking down she saw the glowing ball in her hand but wasn’t sure what to do with it. Slowly it dissolved into a ball of smoke that quickly flew into Imra’s mouth and nostrils.

“Your powers are still exponential I see.”

“Cough! Cough! Yes, sorry Aven. Yes they are rather strong but my travels have brought me back here to Earth and the science police.” Imra gestured for Aven to join her in sitting on the carpeted floor.

“Yes, I’m happy for that. It’s also nice to see you’ve healed from your experience with Dr. Psycho which means in your travels you’ve matured into your powers.” Aven sat on the floor across from Imra as they continued their conversation but now telepathically as their psychic energies swirled about them as they began to meditate.

“I believe so. Yes Dr. Psycho was hellish for me. But that was before I knew the extent of my mental powers. He really opened my mind up. It’s sad he did it in such a horrible way.” Instantly Imra’s mind was filled with the horrible details of the Dr. Psycho case where he captured and tortured her, which was one of the first she dealt with after graduating the Science Police Academy on Titan. Dr. Psycho was the reason this Imra asked for a transfer to Earth before she disappeared.

“It was. But clearly you’re past that and I see you’ve found love. Your mind beams with thoughts of him, of …Garth is it?” Aven’s astral smoky blue form rising up above them as did Imra’s bright pink astral avatar.

“Yes, he’s from Winath and he’s a very good man.”

“His love has sustained you. But you still need my help and the proper practices of the retreat to have proper control and clarity.” Aven said as he hummed slightly his astral avatar flying around Imra’s leaving a smoky blue trail.

“I know Aven and now that your hear we can begin.” Imra was confident that the Time Trapper’s knowledge which no was a part of her mind would keep Aven from knowing the truth.

“Yes. We shall start and over the next three days we will help you reach and cleans your mind and allow your psychic powers to flourish.

“Three days. But I have the cadet program and aren’t each day all day training and cleansing sessions?”

“Yes child they are. I’ve cleared it with your Captain and for the next three days we will go through your trials and tribulations of the few years.”

“I’d rather not relive the last few years with you. They were hard enough. I’d much rather focus on the cleansing and moving forward and new techniques which I’m sure there are plenty I haven’t learned and need to re-master.”

“But your memories influence who you are now and I need to know them in order to understand who you are and how to help you now.” Aven’s voice was stern but simply as his body glowed with wafting blue psychic energy.

“Aven! I must ask that you respect my privacy.” Imra hated to do it but instantly she cast a pink psychic shield about herself.

“Why? We’ve shared everything. I am your mentor and as you said you owe your mind to me.” Aven’s smoky blue avatar flew about the shield trying to find a weak spot.

“Trapper you didn’t take care of this.” Imra thought to herself as she concentrated all her energy on her shield and to figure out a way to block Aven. When instantly her eyes glowed the brightest pink and Imra concentrated a blast of her psychic energy directly at Aven’s avatar. It passed through him as Imra’s eyes glowed again for another blast but this time she aimed her energy directly at Aven’s body. A blue wall of psychic energy erupted in front of him.

“What do you have to hide?” Aven’s astral body burst forth from the wall grabbing her energy and trying to force it back.

“Nothing. I just need my privacy.” Imra pushed harder pushing Aven’s avatar back towards his body.

Aven’s smoky walls grew stronger and more defined as his avatar took refuge behind them from Imra’s assault. Imra pushed and pushed her actual body standing and walking over to his body as pink energy swirled about her looking as if she was floating.

“Stop!” Aven called from the astral plane as Imra had locked him there within his own shielding. Pounding on the blue energy trying to break it.

“You just need to forget this.” Imra looked down and gave him a small kiss on the forehead and a small tear ran down her cheek as she hated having to do this to her mentor and the man who raised her in any reality.

“It’s supposed to be a happy day when the student surpasses the teacher.” Imra thought to herself.

Imra’s pink psychic energy filled the room as it battled against Aven’s shields and his avatar as he surrounded his body with his energy. The light show of the blue and pink energies swirling as they blasted each other as Imra’s pink astral form circled around Aven’s body. Every psychic jab to the shield was rebuffed. But Aven’s physical body was feeling the effects as bruised appeared on his hands and neck. Imra guessed his whole body was covered. But he wasn’t relenting and she needed to get him to forget this and she didn’t see any other way out of this. Imra’s avatar created a sword in her hands.

“Please! Stop!” Aven’s voice quivered as he didn’t have the strength to conjure a weapon after defending against Imra’s attacks.

Imra brought down the sword on top of Aven’s blue psychic shields spider web cracks started to spread across it till finally it shattered leaving Aven sitting there like a lump.

Imra stopped her attack and slowly placed her hand on Aven’s shoulder her eyes glowed brightly as she erased his memory of the last few minutes and implanted in him the thought that he had gotten all of his questions answered about the past few years since this reality’s Imra disappearance.

“I’m sorry Aven.” Imra whispered to him before she took her seat across from him.

Aven’s eye were closed as he sat in perfectly still with his back straight.

“Are you ready to continue child?” Aven asked as his grey eyes fluttered open.

“Yes, Aven let’s begin with the cleansing. My aura feels like it could use some lightening.” Imra smiled simply as she tried to hold back tears and continue on.

Last edited by Omni; 10/21/15 11:41 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/22/15 A Meditaiive moment
Omni #873770 10/25/15 11:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow what a powerful scene. You captured Imra's struggle very well. Sadly she had no choice.

I like how you took events such as Dr Psycho and are molding them into happenings in this reality.

The Trapper's explanation for bonding them to this reality is great and I am interested to see how the others eventually bond too.

Re: TotL: in U-248 10/29/15 Working it out
Omni #874364 10/29/15 01:52 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Class room Level 35

Roll Call:
Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu-super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247

“Candi?” Jazmin poked her head into the class room where first world contact had just let out.

“Hmmm...Yes?” Cadet Candi lifted her green head of emerald hair in a perfect braid falling just past her left ear. Her strong square jaw line and large forehead caused the braid to stick out as it looked tiny in comparison.

“Oh. Hi Cadet Jazmin. Is there something I can do for you?” Cadet Candi’s normal cheery voice iced over for a beat before her politest voice could muster.

“Candi please don’t use your false tone.” Jazmin walked into the class room and leaned against the desk diagonally in front of Candi’s desk.

“I’m sorry. But I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Candi’s smile never fading.

“Candi, I’m sorry for treating you like a stranger. James told me you two talked after the girl’s night and how I treated you. I’m truly sorry for being so stand offish since seeing you here again.”

Candi was shocked as Jazmin was never one to apologize easily. Her brother James was worse but she was still hard.

“Why did you do that? I thought we were pretty good friends back on Xanthu and in the Amazers.”

“I’ve been gone so long I wasn’t sure you were who I remembered and I honestly wasn’t sure you remembered me. I’ve been gone a long time.”

“Yes, you have. Long enough to be declared dead, dear.” Candi’s voice warming as she saw the regret and just how sorry she was in Jazmin’s amber eyes.

“So I’ve been told. But here I am.” Jazmin smiled.

“Yes and I understand it has been a long time and we do need to get reacquainted.” Candi smiled gently.

“We do and I can’t wait. We can do another girls night sometime just the two of us like back in the day.” Jazmin suggested.

“I’d like that dear. But we’ll have to discuss the details later. I have to run back to my room to change for a mission.” Candi squealed a little bit as she gently clapped her large hands together.

“What mission are you going on?” Jazmin stood up straight.

“I don’t know. I got the ping just at the end of class, so I haven’t looked at the details yet. But I’m excited.” Candi stood and gathered her things as they walked towards the door.

“I got pinged for a mission as well. Maybe it’s the same one.”

“Oooo. Delightful. Let’s see what the missions are!” Candi instantly pulled out her omnicom and opened the mission board application.

Cadet Candi frowned when she saw the results.

“Sadly we are not on the same mission.”

“That’s too bad. But soon we’ll have a dinner and Candi thank you again.” Jazmin smiled as she reached up and gave Candi a hug as she towered over Jazmin.

“Any time. Now lets scadoodle before we miss the action.”

Last edited by Omni; 10/29/15 01:58 AM.

Omni #874365 10/29/15 01:58 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Level 44.

Roll Call:
Cadet Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. The Avatar host of the elemental Phy’r.

The avatar known as Dirk Morgna aka Sun Boy was actually Phy’r the fire elemental sat meditating in his quarters which was a guest room on the 44th floor of the academy. The entire floor was guest suits for visiting dignitaries and family members of the cadets and officers. “Dirk” sat on a flame retardant black mat as his body shifted from pure light to flame to human flesh in slow burning waves across his body.

“Cadet Sun Boy you have an incoming call.” The A.I. toned throughout the small suite living room.

“Who is it from?” “Dirk’s” tone was flat as could be. Phy’r had an inkling of who it could though as he had been avoiding him since arrival on Earth.

“It is from Derek Morgna. Should he be added to your daily ignore list?” The A.I. toned again.

“No…put him through.”

“Might as well get this over with.”

Instantly a glowing holo screen appeared before “Dirk”.

“Hello Father.” “Dirk” smiled politely

“Dirk! Finally! I’ve been trying to reach you for ages. Son, what’s happened to you?” Derek Morgna’s brown eyes searched Dirk up and down as his head of red hair was a blaze in flames, his eyes were inverted black and red allowing him to see heat signatures and his body was of pure light.

“Oh? Sorry. Let me adjust.” “Dirk smiled as he looked down at himself and instantly he was his old self red hair and bright blue eyes with a cocky smile.

“Dirk, what was that?”

“Those were some of my new super powers.” “Dirk” Smiled brightly.

“Dirk…I don’t like this super powers stuff. Can you get rid of them?”

“No, Father they are attached to me for life. I am bound to the element of Phy’r for life.” “Dirk’s” tone was more authoritative and respectful than Derek Morgna had ever heard his son be. It scared him and made his son feel a million miles away.

“Father?” Dirk you sound different and I don’t like these powers. I want you to come home and help me run the business like we planned.

“Dad I have no desire to work at Morgna Industries. That’s why I went on my little vacation. I left to find myself and I have.” Phy’r adjusted his tone to a more youthful stance. His memories of Derek Morgna were all good. Dirk had nothing negative to say about his father expect his overzealous need to keep Dirk close and in the family business.

“I know son. But you don’t need to go gallivanting around with those freaks to do that. You can find yourself where ever. We can go on a vacation together if you’d like. We can tour the new planets that have opened up our newest headquarters.” Derek tried to appease his son’s sense of adventure.

“Dad, I’ve made my choice and besides the academy and the science police are the best place for me. They can help train me in my new powers. I mean you want me to burn down the house or one of those new headquarters by accident would you?” Phy’r recalled one of Dirk’s memories where he almost burnt down a lab he was working in. Dirk’s father was furious with him for that. But up until that point he hadn’t paid much attention to Dirk. Dirk was 11 at the time and shortly after his mother died and from that point on Derek Morgna was a hovering and doting father.

“Of course not. I just want you home and safe that’s all and I miss you.”

“Dirk” felt a pang at his heart and his eyes softened a bit.

“I miss you too Dad. I’ll make a visit soon. But once I’ve got these powers under control.” Phy’r tried to regain control of the avatar as Dirk’s personality and memories began to assert themselves more.

“Alright Dirk. But please do call me soon.”

“I will.” “Dirk” smiled before saying his final goodbyes and closing the holo screen.

“Your will is stronger than I expected. But boy you mustn’t let your emotions get the better of you like that. We need to defeat the dark lord once and for all.” Phy’r thought to himself knowing his thoughts were sent across the distance of space to Scylla where Dirk’s soul resided inside the Eternal Flame.

“Soon. I promise the dark lord will be gone and you’ll be free to live your life. But for now let me be in charge.” These final thoughts were sent out.

“Now to search for my fellow elementals and to find them suitable host.” “Dirk” held in his hand his official omnicom and the cadet roster was open to three possible cadets and those he would ask for help. Their files opening sending up holo images of Cadet’s Blok, Dune and Berta Skye Haris.

Last edited by Omni; 10/29/15 01:59 AM.

Omni #874367 10/29/15 04:35 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Poor Imra, that scene was really well done!

Was fun to see Kid Q and Monstress patch things up, I love Monstress smile

And wow, finding hosts for three more elementals is gonna be a very interesting turn of events!!

Omni #874392 10/29/15 10:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Blok, Dune and Berta, uhoh! And we still need a Water elemental right?

Nice scene of Dirk attempting to assert himself . Nice to see his doting dad too.

Kid Q and Monstress made for a touching scene as well.

Omni #875789 11/11/15 12:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank's guys "Dirk's" got some plans for his fellow cadets and elementals. hopeflly they all help save them from Mordru.

Thank you on Imra's screen and Kid Q and Monstress.

Its That's two more that are bonded. That puts the list at Kid Q II, Saturn Girl, Live Wire and Spark by extension of the twin factor and to be honest i have no plans to have Spark go to see Mket.
But that list might be growing soon.

Yes IB the water elemental is still needed. But :spoiler: someone else is going to get to him first.
Thanks for the support and hopefully some new post soon.

Omni #876084 11/13/15 12:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Omni, hi there, I'm loving your story!

The scene with Saturn Girl and Aven was really moving, I felt sad for Imra by the end though she's so pragmatic I'm fairly sure she'll process it and move on - she is the teams badass isn't she smile

Candi and Jaz had a nice scene, good to read their friendship isn't lost. Nice to see Jaz having the emotional intelligence to apologise and build bridges. Well done Omni, that was well written.

Sun Boy's story is fascinating, you're obviously building up as you head towards the face off with Mordru, and the talk with Dirk's father was very touching too.

Loving these down time stories Omni, nicely done. Looking forward to were you take us next. More, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Re: TotL: in U-248 11/17/15 JS-12
Omni #876701 11/17/15 11:53 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
En route to The Andromeda Galaxy and JS-12

Roll Call:
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu-super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Cadet Brek Bannin of Tharr – Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Cadet Wel4d of Rigel9 - can turn solids into liquids and vice versa
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Sergeant Shauvang of Earth Science Police officer and Academy instructor

Encyclopedia Galactica: The Andromeda Galaxy, Designation: M31, NGC 224, Type: Spiral
Distance from Milky Way: 2.2 million light-years, Diameter: 260,000 light-years
Mass: 400 billion solar masses, Number of Stars: 1 trillion.
Planetoid JS-12 is 2.7 light years from the core of the Andromeda Galaxy and is a science planetoid built to study the black hole at the center of the Andromeda Galaxy as well as three White Dwarf stars; the Closest being JS-1. Built in 2287 the planetoid has maintained its functions and original purpose and has a small population of 20,000 sentients.

“Distress signal came from this quadrant of the Andromeda galaxy an hour ago. But the cause unknown.” Sergeant Shauvang said as she pointed to the holo images that showed the planetoid JS-12

“We’ve been called in incase it is Mordru related.”

“Oooo exciting! I can’t wait to pummel Mordru if he’s involved.” Cadet Candi said punching her emerald green fists together.

“Cadet, don’t get too excited. There’s been no reside of Mordru’s energy in the area and planetoid JS-12 is an artificial world that was made to observe the white dwarf star JS-1. There is nothing that would suggest Mordru would have interest in it or fits with any pattern of the worlds he’s conquered.” Sergeant Shauvang said trying to keep this as profession as possible.

“Mordru’s a big bad Candi. Trust me it will take more than a few punches to take him down.” Cadet Garth Ranzz leaned in to whisper into Cadet Candi’s ear.

“Oh I know. But I still want a few. He tried to get Xanthu and if it wasn’t for the United Planets we’d be his property right now.” Cadet Candi’s gaze hardened as she thought of the day he came. She was 12 and not the Emerald giantess she was now.

“Boohoo. Mordru conquers. It’s what he does. Get over it.” Twine snapped her energy siphon whip against her hands its purple glow crackling around her hands.

“How would you like it if he conquered your world? You little sajqaw.”Cadet Candi spat back.

“He can take it. Rimbor’s a cesspool doubt there’s anything he’d want there.”
Cadet Twine stood and took a defensive posse whip ready and glowing.

“Cadets! Settle down and save it for the field.” Sergeant Shauvang barked her hand calmly on her blaster.

“Don’t force a nannite nap and get this show on the road.” Cadet Wel4d interjected liquefying his blue gloves of his standard uniform before returning it back.

“Why don’t you mind your own business!” Cadet Twine snapped her gaze turning on Cadet Wel4d before returning to her seat.

“How did she make it alpha cadet with her disposition?” Cadet Ayrla whispered to Cadet Wazzo-Nah.

“She’s their insurance police against us. Her siphon whip can take down any one of us once it makes contact that’s enough to make you an alpha here.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s blue eyes never left Cadet Twine.

Cadet Twine’s white eyes shifted back acknowledging Cadet Wazzo-Nah’s stare and smirking underneath her lower leather face breathing apparatus.

“We’ll be there soon enough cadets. But I want you all to be prepared for anything. Their maybe no sign of Mordru but it could be one of his agents.” Sergeant Shauvang tried to keep the meeting on track. Even though she knew that was the true reason Cadet Twine was allowed to be an Alpha cadet as her personality test showed nothing much cruelty and a liking for causing pain.

The flight was quick from earth to JS-12 only 3 light years away from earth by stargate. Cadet Bannin watched as they exited the stargate the bright colors swirled as the gate closed behind them.

“I’ll never get tired of seeing that sight.” Cadet Bannin said as he turned to Cadet Garth Ranzz.

“It’s pretty amazing. But I’m sure we’ll see plenty more amazing things once we make the special unit.” Cadet Garth Ranzz smiled brightly as he held out his hand to Cadet Bannin for a low five. Cadet Bannin instantly slapped his hand.

“This is home now and Brek always seemed like a good egg back in our old reality and his energy is a nice change.” Cadet Garth Ranzz thought to himself as the planetoids surface opened swallowing the cruiser which docked into the top of planetoid JS-12 docking bay which at the moment was half full with some of the latest science cruisers and mini-pods; which were used for single person travel.

“Cadets, be on the defensive and remember your training.” Sergeant Shauvang opened the hatch and quickly led her team down the ramp.

Cadet Twine stalked behind Sergeant Shauvang with her energy siphon wipe glowing steadily. Cadet Bannin followed his hands coated in sheets of ice. Cadet Wazzo-Nah flew up through the hull and took to the ceiling of the hanger. Cadet Ayrla swooped out the hatch and up in the air with Cadet Wazzo-Nah. Cadet Candi walked steadily down the ramp of the cruiser followed by Cadets Garth Ranzz on the left and Wel4d on the right. Holding the rear was Cadet Nolan his indestructible movable iron hide ready to punch at the first sign of danger.

They quickly made their way to the hanger doors and into the main hallway. Not a single sentient had been seen since their arrival. Sergeant Shauvang pressed her hand to the door panel. With a whoosh the doors slide open revealing an empty hallway. The lights were all fully functional illuminating it’s already pristine white walls and floors leading into the planetoid.

“OK team we make our way to the command center of the planetoid and then talk to the chief advisor. Then we’ll do a sweep of the planetoid once we get some more Intel about it.” Sergeant Shauvang commanded as she led the team into the belly of planetoid JS-!2.

Last edited by Omni; 11/17/15 06:27 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 11/17/15 Working it out
Omni #876705 11/17/15 12:13 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I like Twine, I am glad you're using her. Her whips are a cool power and like with Tharok it's nice to see a personality so different to the general friendly hero everyone else is....every soap opera needs someone you love to hate wink

TotL: in U-248 11/17/15 Escorting the Prisoner
Omni #876725 11/17/15 06:26 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Sub level 2 = hanger bay 1. Leaves out the side of the cliff the Academy is on.

Roll Call:
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time of Rimbor U247
Cadet Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds). also pulls others along with her. Smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
Cadet Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. Monkey tail and agility.

“Lu is the cruiser almost prepped and ready to go?” Cadet Nah walked up the ramp into cruiser Mark IV, which was a new test cruiser from the science police main headquarters.

“Yeah, I'm almost done. This cruiser is amazing. Much sleeker than some of the stuff we had in the Legion.” Cadet Durgo’s had glided over the hard light panel as she did a final systems check.

“What’s the Legion?” Called a squeaky voice from the hatch.

“What?” Cadet Nah spun around.

Hanging upside down by an almost furless tail was the first arrival of their mission. Cadet Devlin O'rn.

“Cadet O’rn you shouldn’t sneak up on people like that.” Cadet Durgo scolded

“Why not? It’s a great way to over hear things and besides that’s half the reason I’m an alpha cadet. My agility and stealth.” Cadet O’rn instantly flipped himself around and landed on his feet.

“Because it a good way to get yourself into some trouble.” Cadet Nah leaving his protective gaze on Cadet O’rn while his eyes flashed a bright hot red-orange as his flash vision flared up.

“I wouldn’t bother red eye. It will just come back to haunt you.” Cadet O’rn said taking one of the consol seats resting his hands behind his head.

“He’s right Jo. He’s a reflector. I worked with him on a mission a couple days ago. It will just bounce back to you.” Lu gave her full attention as she put her hand on his should for a moment.

“I’d listen to your girlfriend. So what’s this Legion you’re talking about?”

“It’s just an organization that had some pretty good Tec but this beat it by a long shot. That’s all.” Cadet Nah teeth were grinding as his eyes returned to normal.

“Is that all? My old man has this cruiser in blue and green.” Cadet O’rn’s smile was smug.

“Well lucky him. But I’ll stick with my opinion. It’s the nicest cruiser I’ve seen and I can’t wait to fly this thing.” Cadet Durgo triplicated instantly and Lu Purple sat in the pilot’s chair whiles Lu natural and Orange stood next to her looking over the consol’s readouts.

“So where are we headed?” Cadet O’rn asked standing and walking over towards the consol.

“We’re headed to…?” Cadet Nah tilted his head unsure himself.

“We’re headed to Takron-Galtos to escort an inmate to Korr for his hearing.”Cadet Durgo Orange turned and faced the boys.

“Why can’t he just holo chat to his trial?” Cadet O’rn’s irritation at being chosen for a subpar mission was clear once he heard it.

“Korr is a world that doesn’t believe in holo imaging of any kind. They believe it digitizes your soul and makes you immortal.” Cadet Durgo Orange continued.

“How is that a bad thing?” Tharok entered the conversation as he walked up the ramp into the cruiser.

“You’re on this mission?” Cadet Nah shifted his glare.

“Don’t you check the mission boards?” Cadet O’rn asked leaning forward.

“I did. I just didn’t see his name.” Cadet Nah answered crossing his arms.

“Look kid, I’m not thrilled to be working with you again either. But here we are. So why is immortality a bad thing for them?” Tharok turned his attention to Cadet Durgo who was explaining Korr to them.

“They believe immortality corrupts absolutely as they have several legends of immortals among them who eventually tried to subjugate them or destroy their world. All of this has been sent to your omnicoms for review on the way to Takron-Galtos as we pick up our prisoner.” Cadet Durgo Neutral finally turned away from the light console to look at the other Cadets. Much like Cadet Nah she hated working with the likes of Tharok. But she he was a Cadet and she aimed to do her job.

“Moments like this I miss the Legion and our reality most.” Cadet Durgo Neutral Thought to herself.
“And that would be?” Tharok waved his hand in a roll towards Cadet Durgo to continue as strands of stringy brown hair fell into his eyes.

“Nigal Douglous aka Sun Emperor, wanted on Korr for burning down their capital in an assignation attempt on the President of their planet.” Cadet Durgo pulled up a holo of the planet while utilizing a hard computer screen to show a picture of President Fuee of Korr, who was Sun Emperor’s target and had since been retired as it took several years to find Sun Emperor before he was locked up in Takron-Galtos.

“Sounds like this will be a fun time. So why aren’t we bringing a flame head or ice man with us?” Cadet O’rn asked taking the co-pilot seat.

“I don’t make the mission assignments. I’m just relaying the information. But my guess would be that Jo’s the muscle, Tharok’s the brains, and I’m the back up and spy with you. Now do you have any other questions or are we ready to go?” All three Cadet Durgo’s said in unison.

“Just one…where’s he supposed to fit into this equation of yours?” Cadet Tharok asked pointing down into the hanger through the cruiser’s window.

“RAWWWWWWW” Cadet Validus’s metal pink lighting sparked around his giant head.

“I think we’re going to need a bigger cruiser...” Cadet Nah said looking out the widow.

Last edited by Omni; 11/29/15 04:21 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 11/17/15 Escorting the Prisoner
Omni #876736 11/17/15 10:42 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Some interesting missions here! Love your mix of old and new (compeletely new it seems!) Characters. Lots of intrresting powers here.

Monkey-tailed Devlin! Cool!

Grava has enhanced powers as well, nice.

Re: TotL: in U-248 11/17/15 Escorting the Prisoner
Omni #876760 11/18/15 05:51 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nice couple of posts Omni. twine is quite intense, I don't kne her at all so am looking forward to seeing what she can do. candi is great, isn't she? I love your ake on her, and I'm hoping she does get the chance to bop Mordru smile the deserted base just screams trap! So it's fun to see where you take it from here.

I really like the friendship you've developed between Jo and Lu's, they aren't natural friends, in that they are very different people with little in common as far as I can see, so it's really good to read your take on them. Tharrok is always fun, I really enjoy your version of hin, and Delvin Om is very interesting, the little sneak! Validus though.... Well hopefully he won't be needed as things tend to get a bit messy around him. Looking forward to seeing how you deal with the Sun Emperor and of course to reading more, more, more!

Re: TotL: in U-248 11/19/15 Where the Vegaursa roam and the reed trees moan.
Omni #876927 11/18/15 07:59 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Planet Vulna-5

Roll Call:
Cadet Shazlon of Barrio III - Spherical diamond body, with retractable appendages. Super durability. Telepathic communication.
Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.

Encyclopedia Galactica

Vulna-5 3.5 light years from Earth. M class planet. Vulna-5 was resettled by the Vulnaian’s from Vulna-4 after their planets core became unstable and exploded. The people of Vulna-4 are humanoids with pointed ears and glowing eyes in the hues of purple, blue, and pink. Their world is steeped in arcane magical practices. Those with blue and purple eyes are the ruling casts and are those who are imbued with magic while the pink eyes are the middle to lower class and posses no magic. Vulna-5 has been given the status of Neutral Territory between Mordru’s Empire, the United Planets and the Khaudian Empire as it’s in a heavy stargate travel and lay over point for many interstellar travelers. Their tourism industry is booming as their world offers many sights to see such as the beaches of Yula, with their glowing waves of green water and the forest of Turlna, whose trees are giant reeds that make songs when the winds blows.

Cadet Orgnats ran through the reed forest making them blow their haunted song as she speed up and down each of the reeds trunks vibrating them the sounds sending a chilling thrill through her body as they vibrated her back when she’d stop for a moment on each trunk.

While Cadet’s Vi and Ayla Ranzz flew through the vibrating air using their flight belts to glide along the sounded currents.

“Some things are truly always the same.” Vi whispered over the telepathic ear plugs to Cadet Ayla Ranzz.

“Yes they are. Jenni’s a delight and exuberant in every reality, much like Candi too.” Cadet Ayla Ranzz swirled around as she dogged three reeds that swayed back and forth gently as Cadet Orgnats run down their trunks.

“Its helped make things here easier.” Cadet Vi smiled gently.

“It has. Although I’m sure a certain someone has made your stay here much more enjoyable.” Cadet Ayla loop de looped sticking her tongue out at Vi with a wink.

“I.. Yes, Gim has helped but so far we’re just working out together a lot. He hasn’t made any indication he likes me.” Cadet Vi’s violet eyes looked down as she watched Cadet Sphereica rolled through the forest her diamond sphere body flattening the grass. Her pace was fast as she kept up with Cadets Vi and Ayla Ranzz flying high in the melodic sky.

“Have you showed him you’re interested in more?”

“I’ve tried flirting and its sort of working.”

“Ask him out.” Cadet Ayla simply said as she pushed herself forward as she looked up and saw Cadet Kohan flying steadily ahead of them not paying attention to anything other than their mission at hand.

“I can’t do that.”

“It’s the 31st century Vi. You can ask him out. Besides he likes you. its clear, I’ve seen you two working out and he barely takes his eyes off of you. Plus the night off is coming this weekend and I know me and Jazmin have plans to go see Cham and Cos and I think the couples suite have plans. I’ve also heard a bunch of cadets will be going out. Maybe you should take Gim out.”

“Can you two stop your mindless chatter and pay attention for a minute?” Cadet Kohan barked over the telepathic ear plugs.

“You heard all of that?” Cadet Ayla raised an eye golden eye brow.

“I could hear static. Nothing more nor do I care what you were talking about. We’ve been place on a mission so let’s complete it.” Cadet Kohan swooped down towards Cadet Sphereica who continued to roll along helping to herd a large group of animals called the Vegauras’s a large bear like creature with long thick legs that made then gallop along on all fours being 7 feet tall standing.

“Its herding some bears and between Cadet Orgnats vibrating the reeds to help guide them and Cadet Sphereica rolling beside them to keep any way wards in line.” Cadet Ayla Ranzz spat back.

“That’s not the point. These creatures also need protection from hunters looking to pouch them for their hides.” Cadet Kohan’s eyes darted forward as he cast a hard crystal wall in between two reed trees stopping three Vegauras from turning the entire herd around.

“Sorry Cadet. We’ll try and be more aware. But do remember this is one of the more peaceful missions and it was suggested by Officer Cuzmon to take in the sights. Its one of the more pleasant worlds to visit and maybe the only time we get to do a mission like this.” Cadet Vi tried to appease Cadet Kohan. She saw the chip on his shoulder and the need to prove himself.

“That’s all I’m asking.”

“HeyguysyoumightwanttobegetdownhereandCadetKohanyoumightwanttomakeacrystalpentokeeptheseVegaursa’sin.We’vegotasituation.” Cadet Orgnats interrupted over the telepathic com link. Cadet Orgnats looked down at the body of a slain Vegauras’s cafub. (calf/cub)”

“Slow down cadet what did you say?”

“We’ve got dead a cafub… I mean cafubs down here.” Cadet Orgnats looking up and seeing two more slain cafubs with their hearts ripped out.

Last edited by Omni; 11/18/15 08:02 PM.

Re: TotL: in U-248 11/19/15 Where the Vegaursa roam and the reed trees moan.
Omni #876930 11/18/15 09:05 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Love the description of this world, it sounds beautiful.

Crystal Kid seems a lot like his traditional friend Nightwind here. Good determination.

A Cadet from Barrio III, I like! I wonder if he can combine his crystal body with Crystal Kid's powers?

Re: TotL: in U-248 12/1/15 Planetoid JS-12
Omni #879135 11/30/15 07:44 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Andromeda Galaxy. Science planetoid JS-12 investigation of distress signal.

Roll Call:
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Cadet Brek Bannin of Tharr – Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Cadet Wel4d of Rigel9 - can turn solids into liquids and vice versa
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Sergeant Shauvang of Earth Science Police officer and Academy instructor

The cadets and Sergeant Shauvang made their way swiftly into planetoid JS-12 and its command center without seeing a single sentient. Every door was open in protocol with emergencies. The A.I. security system was the one who altered the science police.

“This makes no sense. Every corridor we went down to get down here we didn’t see a single soul.” Cadet Candi hunched as the hallway dipped a bit lower for a second. The hallways structure was suited for shorter beings but this was crazy low.

“Also anybody else feel these ceilings are a bit low?” Cadet Candi ducked again.

“There does seem to have been some damage here. The schematics don’t show low ceilings nor do they have these doors here…” Sergeant Shauvang pointed to either side of her looking up from her omnicom.

“But it looks like the rest of the hallways…open doors blacked rooms…”Cadet Bannin poked his head into the “room” on the left.

“It does… be careful. Boo!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah popped through the blackness.

“By damn!” Cadet Bannin jumped back a bit.

“They aren’t real rooms and doorways. These are medical station out coves that have been blacked and turned off. The switches are on a flip panel I found.”

“You could have done that without scaring me half to death.” Cadet Bannin barked through a small smile.

“Keeping you on your toes Cadet.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah phased through the wall and back into the hallway.

“But that still doesn’t explain the ceiling.” Cadet Candi said ducking once again.

“We’ll look into it once we reach the bridge; which should be just beyond these doors.” Sergeant Shauvang checked her omnicom once more.

Following her lead the team made their way through the doors into the bridge. All screens were on and lights were completely functional.

“Yet again not a single soul.” Cadet Ayrla quickly floated in and around the command center of planetoid JS-12. The ceiling was a large dome with large sliding platelets.

“What’s behind this Sergeant?” Cadet Ayrla asked as she tried to slide the platelets back but her slender arms weren’t strong enough to move them and as her hands glowed a bright white and small bubbles of light circled her hands with a slight gush of force blowing back her pixie cut platinum hair up her powers of gravity negation to lift the platelets but they wouldn’t budge.

“Those are armed weapons it seems an assortment of stun guns and laser beams. They can only be opened with a pass code and their doors are magnetically sealed and triple enforced interon.” Sergeant Shauvang made her way to the main console that was on in the center of the domed room a thin catwalk leading to it from either side.

“Which if I recall from the practice logs you’re unable to negate its gravity.” Cadet Twine quipped a menacing smile spread through her eyes as she lurked around to the second level which held various work station pods.

“Worry about your own practice logs Cadet Twine.” Sergeant Shauvang ordered opening up several holo screens containing the security footage for the last 24 standard U.P. hours.

“Yes Sergeant.” Cadet Twine’s response slightly defiant sounding.

“Alright…it seems everyone one on the planet has been huddled to what acquits to this worlds version of a bomb shelter or panic room.” Cadet Bannin chimed in as he looked through the vital life signs tracker.

“All 20,000?” Cadet Garth Ranzz peeked his head out from the work station he was investigating on the far left dome wall across from the security panel Sergeant Shauvang with a raise eye brow.

“Yes. All 20,000.” Cadet Bannin checked the life signs monitor tracker again.

“Is that protocol when the A.I. sends out a distress signal?” Cadet Garth Ranzz asked.

“Hmmm that would be a yes, according to this security log and footage. As soon as the distress signal was sent the entire population was put to sleep and moved by the A.I. medical bots to the panic room.” Sergeant Shauvang enlarged the footage to the main screen to show all the cadets as they searched each work station on the two levels of the domed Command center.

“And it appears that in case of extreme emergencies the panic room works as a life pod that can be jettisoned.” Cadet Nolan called from his work station which logged all the maintenance functions on the planetoid.

“Well that explains that. But that still leaves the reason for the A.I. to send the distress signal…no signs of Mordru or any magical residue to indicate any of his henchmen and if it was an experiment or one of the White Dwarfs going nova then they’d be jettisoned out here.” Cadet Wel4d chimed quickly morphing his gloves and the floating chair underneath him into liquids.

“Must you? You’re dripping on me when you do that.” Cadet Candi zigged out of the way of a few droplets from the liquefied chair but still some got into her emerald mane. But with little room to maneuver it was getting hard to dodge the liquefied chair falling on her.

“Gross.” Cadet Candi tried to wipe it out of hair.

“Sorry it sooths me. I never feel fully comfortable in a world where things have to be solid all of the time. I fluidize everything around me at least once to get a feel of how it is liquefied and then solidified again. The atomic structures are just so soothing. Ahhhh.” Cadet Wel4d’s smile broadened.

“Can you at least control where it goes?” Cadet Candi dodged another piece.

“Sorry. I haven’t mastered that yet…although it is quite possible I don’t have that in my power set.” Cadet Wel4d quickly turned the floating chair back the bottom of its base missing small chunks but still functioning.

“This is going to be a long mission if I’m paired with him on the search of this planetoid.” Cadet Candi thought to herself dodged.

“Cadet’s as I’m sure you’ve assumed we’ll have to search the planetoid.” Sergeant Shavaugn called out rallying them.

“Not necessary Sergeant.” A thick deep voice called over the intercom system.

“Who’s that?” Cadet Wazzo-Nah floated through up through the floor of the command bridge.

“I’m your worst nightmare. I’m Black Mace.” The doors opened and standing there before them in a black mask and holding a giant black mace was a hulking figure whose body looked like a shadow giant.

Last edited by Omni; 11/30/15 07:48 PM.

Omni #879136 11/30/15 07:49 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Drop your weapon and put your hands where I can see them!” Sergeant Shauvang jumped back and pulled her blaster instantly as it charged.

“Go’ head Sergeant. Fire.” Underneath his black mask his dead grey eyes stared out at them but you could tell he had a smile.

A slow glow surrounded his name sake his black mace as it floated up out of his hands.

“Huh?” Black Mace watched as it floated up.

“I guess you can raise your hands now.” Cadet Ayrla giggled as her power began to glow around the Black Mace’s arms which instantly raised high above his 7 foot tall frame.

“Hehe. Interesting. This could be kind of fun.” Black Mace lowered his body into a running stance before taking off straight towards the Sergeant Shauvang.

“Stop or I’ll shoot!” Sergeant Shauvang yelled trying to hold off.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH” Black Mace screamed as he continued gunning for Officer Shauvang forcing her to fire on him.

Each blast bouncing off his Interon laced black suit and each one ricocheting around the command bridge. Each of the cadets doing their best to avoid getting hit. Black Mace’s arms waving around in the air still glowing with the negation of their gravity. Cadet Bannin dodged a laser blast as he shot a blast of arctic cold ice in front of Black Mace but he just smashed right through it sending chucks of ice flying everywhere.

“Watch out!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah yelled pushing Cadet Twine out of the way of a giant chuck flying directly for her but Cadet Twine’s back was turned.

“Thanks. Now get off.” Cadet Twine quickly jumped up and Cadet Wazzo-Nah phased instantly passing through her.

“At least she said thank you.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah thought to herself quickly before jumping up and flying high using her flight belt to help back up some of the cadets who have begun to converge on Black Mace.

Cadet Candi jumped up from the second level to the connected catwalk bridge on the other side of Sergeant Shauvang who was instantly glowing in a bright white light as Cadet Ayrla’s gravity negation powers lifting her out of harm’s way. Black Mace continued to run full steam ahead. Cadet Candi ran pulling back her fist slamming it hard into Black Mace’s face sending him flying down to the second level.

“Haha. That tickled.” Black Mace sat up and rubbed his chin now that his arms had been released from Cadet Ayrla’s powers as she concentrated more on floating Sergeant Shauvang out of the way.

“I suggest you freeze!” Cadet Bannin’s hands glowed a bright blue and ice burst forth from his hands as he began to coat Black Mace in thick layers.

“Ha!” Black Mace busted the ice before Cadet Bannin could finish sealing him in once again sending the ice chunks flying.

Cadet Garth Ranzz quickly reached out and grabbed many of the ice chunks and turned them into air while Cadet Wel4d liquefied the rest. Cadet Nolan ran forward punching Black Mace as he jumped up using his flight belt to give him some momentum to use his super strength.

“Ouch that actually hurt. But keep trying!” Black Mace swung back sending Cadet Nolan flying back a few feet landing on his feet and sliding back his iron body peeled back the flooring of the dome destroying it.

“Not bad. Let’s see if I can make a better impression.” Cadet Nolan ran straight at Black Mace again each punching the other while Cadet Garth Ranzz fired off a few rounds of electricity at Black Mace only to have them absorbed by his body suit.

Cadet Nolan threw two punches each being blocked before he tried a leg sweep that Black Mace jumped over. Cadet Twine’s pink siphon whip charged as it licked the back of Black Mace’s body suit draining some of its power to protect him with a few strikes. But unexpectedly Black Mace grabbed hold of her whip its pink glow surrounding his hand as it tried to continue to absorb his body suits energy. Quickly rapping it around his fist he used the whip to pull Cadet Twine up and over and slam her into the wall on the other side of the dome. Cadet Wazzo-Nah checked on her as it was clear she was knocked unconscious.

“Twine’s out!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah called out.

Cadet Wel4d tried to liquefy the flooring underneath him but instead got Cadet Nolan as the two super strong men traded blow after blow.

“Ha! Looks like you’re stuck.” Black Mace called

“How about a bit of help! Incoming!” Cadet Candi called down as she jumped down from the catwalk and on top of Black Mace’s 7 foot frame pounding him into the floor.

“UhhhG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black Mace struggled to free himself from the whole his body created in the floor.

“You ok Cadet Candi?” Cadet Nolan asked as he helped her stand.

“Yes, dear. I had a good landing pad.”Cadet Candi smiled brightly as she looked down at the struggling Black Mace to free himself.

“This won’t hold me.”

Omni #879137 11/30/15 07:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“But this will.” Cadet Bannin’s glowing blue hands coated Black Mace’s body up to his head. Keeping him stuck in the floor and before he could finish Cadet Garth Ranzz transmuted the ice to iron with a gold mixture to make it extra strong.

“So this is the reason the A.I. altered us.” Cadet Ayrla lowered herself and Sergeant Shauvang to the second level restoring their gravity while still holding Black Mace’s mace suspended above her in a glowing white field and white bubble lights.

“This won’t hold me.” Black Mace’s tone was calm as he spoke.

“Anyone ever hear of the Black Mace before?” Cadet Nolan asked rubbing the back of his iron neck.

“He’s hired muscle according to his file. But why would he be coming to a science planetoid?” Sergeant Shauvang asked looking at his file on her omnicom.

“You’re just getting in my way Sergeant. If you just let me get what I came for no one will get hurt.” Black Mace’s grey eyes menacingly looking at them.

“Fat chance of that happening.” Cadet Bannin added as he threw another layer of ice on to the iron gold layer.

Slowly Black Mace’s mask peeled back revealing a humanoid bald man.

“I warned you Sergeant. Whooooowheepooo!” Black Mace made the high pitch whistle sound and instantly his mace began thrashing about inside Cadet Ayrla’s gravity negation field. Cadet Ayrla’s concentration was being pushed to its limits as she tried to keep it afloat as the mace began to shift its density and its center of gravity.

“It’s changing its center of gravity which is making it a bit harder to negate!” Cadet Ayrla called.

“I’ll hold on to it.” Cadet Candi used her flight belt to fly up and grab it quickly. Holding the mace in her hands allowed Cadet Ayrla to drop her field.

“Bad idea giantess.” Black Mace shook his head and smiled as the mace thrashed about some more as thrusters in the handle sent it flying around the domed command bridge.

“Whoooah!!!” Cadet Candi called as the mace threw her around the room slamming her into several walls and work stations.

“Let go! Cadet!” Sergeant Shauvang yelled as her and Cadet Garth Ranzz ducked falling debris barely missing them. Cadet Garth Ranzz transmuting as much as he could into helium bubbles in a last ditch effort to protect them.

“Really? Really? Helium cadet?” Sergeant Shauvang squeaked out her high pitched voice sounding like an old holo of Mini Mouse she watched as a child.

“Sorry. I panicked.” Cadet Garth Ranzz said with an impish grin before firing a bolt of lightning at more falling debris.

The mace continued to thrash about pulling Cadet Candi along with it. Cadet Candi’s near invulnerability was holding up pretty good as the mace threw her into wall after wall trying to get her to release her grip. Finally knocking her against the ceiling and knocking her unconscious. Cadet Candi lost her grip and began to fall. Cadet Ayrla reached out and grabbed Cadet Candi while she was under an ice shield with Cadet’s Bannin and Wel4d. The mace instantly charged towards its master and smashed through the ice layer its black metal charging its self with heat as it began pounding at the iron and gold layer next. Within moments the Black Mace was freed from his prison and using his own incredible strength he finally burst free of the hole. Grabbing hold of his mace his black mask reforms over his face as he jumps up to the main consol and insets the mace into the USB interface.

“Thanks for the work out Sergeant.” Black Mace said with a nod and a salute before running on the catwalk out of the command bridge.

“I’ll follow him!” Cadet Wazzo-Nah called as she flew out of the command center with Cadets Nolan, Bannin, and Wel4d followed her.

Black Mace ran down the pristine white hallways smashing into the walls with his mace sending pieces flying back at the Cadets. Cadet Wazzo-Nah passed through each object and pushing herself to go faster to catch up to him. Cadet Wel4d liquefied everything in his path while Cadet Nolan smashed through the debris and the liquefied portions head on and finally Cadet Bannin made and ice shield surrounding his shoulder and head. The debris chucks getting bigger as Black Mace smashed harder with each swing.

“Try this one for size.” Black Mace turned quickly and his mace had a burst of electricity blast at them causing several open gas mains to burst into flames.

Cadet Bannin froze every wave of flame in a sheet of ice. Encasing much of the hallway in its path. Black Mace finally reached the hanger and jumped into the first one person mini cruiser he found unlocked. Only seconds behind him the cadets flew through the hanger doors. Black Mace initiated the thrusters and started to take off opening the air locks. The vacuum of space pulling all of them out with his cruiser.

“Grab hold of something!” Cadet Wel4d yelled unsure if anyone heard him over the whooshing sounds of the air being sucked out holding on to the hanger bay doors.

Cadet Bannin Created an ice boots around his feet to plant him there while Cadet Nolan grabbed his hand doing his best to hold on and not crush Cadet Bannin’s hand. While Cadet Wazzo-Nah held on to the legs of a nearby cruiser and in a flash of light the mini cruiser was gone and the docking bay doors closed.

“Cadets report!” Sergeant Shauvang called over the intercom system.

“He got away Sergeant and with whatever he stole from the planetoids computers.” Cadet Wazzo-Nah said trying to catch her breath.

“What did he steal? Cadet Nolan asked standing p right.

“He stole all files pertaining to a planet in somewhere in the Andromeda Galaxy, it’s the fourth planet from the second largest White Dwarf JS-33 the planet is called Anndranna.” Cadet Garth Ranzz called over the intercom.

“I’ve never heard of that world and there’s nothing in my omnicom data base.” Sergeant Shauvang was heard approaching Cadet Garth Ranzz.

“Is there another copy or back up of the files?”

“No. He took all copies and information about Anndranna. The only reason we know about that is because it’s the file name of an entire data base.” Cadet Garth Ranzz said over the intercom.

“An unknown planet and the Black Mace. This doesn’t sound like a good combination.” Cadet Bannin said as he freed himself from his ice boots.

Omni #879283 12/02/15 12:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
What a fun battle Omni, Black Mace made for a threatening single villain and everyone got something to do. A fun mystery in the works.

I like your original new cadets Ayrla and We4ld.

Candi and Brek worked well too.

Look forward to more

Omni #879305 12/02/15 03:46 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I have a soft spot for Black Mace, I think you did an awesome job with him laugh

Candi landing on him was super cute and very her...and I liked Brek and Garth's teamwork in trying to trap him as well.

Also agreed that Ayrla and We4ld are cool new recruits!

Re: TotL: in U-248 12/5/15 Escorting the Sun Emperor
Omni #879765 12/04/15 07:23 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Takron-Galtos – Picking up Sun Emperor

Roll Call:
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time of Rimbor U247
Cadet Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds). also pulls others along with her. Smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
Cadet Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. Monkey tail and agility.

The opened domed skylight of the court yard was high above Cadet Grava’s head as she looked at all the shining stars and the nearby Sun that was on the horizon

“What a luminous view. Don’t you agree starshine?” Cadet Grava looked to her right and Cadet Dune stood silent as he waited outside the elevator where the assassin known as Sun Emperor would be coming up.

“Yes the stars are bright. Our collective finds those to be a sight for sore eyes as you humanoids say.”

“That’s for sure starshine. They are hyper nova and I could gleam them all solar cycle.”

“Keep your wits about you cadets. The views are amazing but Sun Emperor is dangerous and we need to make sure he’s secure.” Cadet Durgo said signing all omnicom forms to release Sun Emperor into their custody.

Tharok stood over by the cruiser with Validus slightly hunched over seemingly sleeping as small sparks of pink lighting leapt across his giant brain underneath the organic glass viewing plate.
“How much longer is this going to take?” Cadet O’rn asked looking over Cadet Durgo’s shoulder at the forms before she banished him to the cruiser for being annoying.

“They’re bringing him up from a heat dampening cell which is close to the core of the planet as the heat and flame they suppress from him is being drawn to help power one of the energy cores of Takron-Galtos; which according to his file they’ve siphoned enough energy to run that core for the next 20 years before needing a recharge.” Cadet Durgo said as she triplicated.

“That is utterly in human. I can’t believe they allow that.” Cadet Durgo Orange said hugging herself.

“No it’s actually part of his rehabilitation agreement and possible early release as time served by “working” it off.” Cadet Durgo Purple said signing the last omnicom and handing it to the warden’s attendant who blinked a few times as Cadet Durgo had triplicated. Unsure how to react he just looked down and as soon as she was done signing the omnicoms he quickly scurried away.

“I guess he’s never seen a Craggiate this beautiful before.” Cadet Durgo Purple said with a devilish grin as she turned back to the rest of the cadets as they waited for the Sun Emperor to arrive.

Cadet Nah kept Tharok and Validus in his eye line at all times.

“I don’t trust him Lu.” Cadet Nah said over their private Legion issue telepathic ear plugs.

“I know Jo but he’s a cadet here just like we are. We’ve got to work with him.” Cadet Durgo Purple answered.

“But I don’t know why he’s here. I checked the mission log before I met you to prep the cruiser. I know his name wasn’t on the roster list.” Cadet Nah thought back.

“It was there when we left. I checked. Maybe he was a last minute addition. They probably thought we could use the extra muscle and Validus doesn’t go anywhere without Tharok.” Cadet Durgo Neutral thought back.

“The elevator is here Moonbeams. Make your selves starlific.” Cadet Grava instantly backed away from the elevator to allow the prisoner and the two guards escorting him up.

“This living furnace should be tranked pretty well for you.” Science Police officer Fillom “Fire warden” from Earth as he’s known, handing over the restraints to Cadet Dune while Cadet Grava took the omnicom controlling his tranquilizer levels and power dampening cuffs which administered the tranquilizers to him as well.

“Was that necessary? Cadet Grava checked his vitals and all was seemingly fine her yellow eyes and innocent smile not understanding the reason for so much precaution for a prisoner who was willingly going to trial.

“This guys a stone cold killer and has the power to burst you into flames with a look. So yeah its needed kid.”

“Rookies.” Science Police officer Fillom cocked his head at his fellow officer.

Once everything was handed over to Cadets Dune and Grava they made their way towards the cruiser. While the Science Police backed to the elevator and down it before the cadets had moved more than 5 feet with the prisoner. The man known once as Nigal Douglous but more famously as Sun Emperor shuffled along towards the cruiser in a daze his unkempt main of golden yellow, orange, and red was over grown and looked dull and lifeless. His jumpsuit in perfect condition expect for at the feet where it’s clear he spent a lot of time walking on the ends of the jump suit with no shoes on.

“How are his vitals Grava?” Cadet Durgo Neutral asked taking the left side of him while orange and purple took the upper corners while Cadet Nah flew over head.

“He’s moon beam blast. Still in a slumbered state but his heart rates nova.” Cadet Grava smiled brightly at Cadet Durgo scrunching her orange face.

“Good. Cadet O’rn is the cruiser all set for takeoff?” Cadet Durgo Orange asked over the telepathic ear plug network.

“Yes Mama. Energies are ago and the brig is ready for our inmate with power dampeners online.”

“Tharok is your stun cannon ready in case he wakes up?” Cadet Durgo Neutral asked.

“Affirmative.” Cadet Tharok’s thin smile spread as a strand of greasy brown hair got in his face as he aimed at Sun Emperor.

“Alright and we’re almost to the cruiser.” Cadet Nah called down as he watched flying above.

“Uggg…sssun. Sun abovvvvve.” Sun Emperor’s raspy voice escaped his half open mouth.

“What was that?” Cadet Dune shifted his grains to look at Sun Emperor.

“SSSUUUunnnn aaabooove.” Sun Emperor’s zombafied voiced rasped again.

“He’s starting to sense the sun above us. His whole body is nova flaring.” Cadet Grave squeaked as she tapped the omnicom.

“Alright people lets hurry we knew this was a possibility when having to use this court yard to obtain him.” Cadet Durgo said patiently walking beside Sun Emperor picking up her pace.

“Be ready with that gun Tharok!” Cadet Durgo Purple called.

“SUUUUUUNNNNNNNN ABOOOOOVE!” Sun Emperor groaned louder this time his hair starting to glow and look like a living mane of fire again.

“The drugs aren’t working any more… he’s solar flaring them into orbit.” Cadet Grava called.

“Tharok be ready to shoot if those cuffs go offline.”

Each foot step Sun Emperor took steamed with heat leaving an indent of his foot in the graphite floor. His pale skin slowly becoming more yellow and robust. Flames slowly started to roll down his arms towards the cuffs that began to smolder and glow. Then without warning they burst into flames.

“AHHH!” Cadet Grava jumped back dropping the omnicom shattering it.

Last edited by Omni; 12/04/15 07:25 PM.

Page 14 of 37 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Kahn
The Kahn
30th Century Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star