Roll Call
0 members (), 27 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 05/02/24 04:32 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/19/2016
Omni #885671 01/18/16 10:11 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy

“Captain there is an incoming call from President Chu.”

“Thank you computer.” Captain Allon straightened up his uniform quickly before President Chu appeared before him.

` “Captain Allon it’s good to see you again. I hope I’m not catching you at a bad moment?” President Chu’s smile steady.

“No of course not. What can I do for you Madam President?”

“I wanted to talk to you about a recent mission your cadets went on. They had a run in with one of Mordru’s agents.”

“Yes. That was supposed to have been a routine herding mission to spread some good will in that territory as it is neutral and then they ran into some trouble from an agent of Mordru’s by the name of Nyola. Sadly her name has been lost to the annuals of time with the exception of a small battle against a flash at the flash museum. But I wouldn’t say that place has the most accurate information.”

“Good point captain. But one of your Cadets did confirm her saying she fought the Flash. So we can only assume she really is Nyola and Mordru has her in his service and has pursued magical artifacts on neutral territory.”

“Isn’t that a breach of the treaty?”

“Unfortunately no. But Mordru is working on expanding and he’s taken three more worlds in a matter of four days. Two of which were potential U.P. members. The situation is starting to look direr. He’s expansion and now proof that he’s sending out agents means we may need to fast track our defenses.”

“There have been reports of Mordru sending out agents before? Why weren’t we alerted? My Cadets would have handled it.”

“There were reports on worlds like Vulna-5; which are neutral territory and a few rumblings on rim worlds like Orinda. But no evidence was ever found of them being there nor any signs of robbery. But clearly no one knew what they may have had in their possession. The mystical arts for the better part of a century were locked away and hidden on Zerrox before the “Great Magical Awakening of 2427” which according to records begins Mordru’s reign over much of the galaxy. So everything they are stealing is things no one knew had any magical connection. This is why I’m thinking we need to speed up the time from on your cadets. I know you said six months at the earliest but I’ve been seeing the scores of your Alpha Cadets and their mission logs and I think they are doing a great job and many of them have gone out without supervision of a graduated Science Police officer. I think maybe you and your staff might want to pick you squad. The battle with Mordru may not wait that long and right now we have the upper advantage that he doesn’t know that we have a squad forming to fight against him.”

“Then no special publicity? Treated like a regular squad and just missions that are geared towards fighting Mordru and his agents?”

“Yes, for now we can worry about the publicity later. The majority of the Untied Planets doesn’t know how bad things are getting with Mordru and that we are fighting to save worlds at every turn to get them into the U.P. so he can’t get them. But now with his agents I want your team out their dealing with this. But you will have other missions such as meta-human registration issues, and other missions of the like your cadets have taken on. They will simply be fully sanctioned and I’m sure you’re aware your squad has gained a little popularity for their work. Many of the worlds they’ve been to seem to like their presences and some have even called them “heroes” according to some feeds I’ve read.

“The cadets do seem to be doing well on the PR front which I’m glad for. Alright I, Sergeant Shauvang and Officer Cuzmon will have a response to you as who and how many of the Alpha class will be named as the special squad.” Captain Allon knew that President Chu was right. The cadets were progressing quickly and Mordru’s threat was growing six months may not be needed.

“Thank you Captain. I’m glad we were able to move forward on this. I’ve sent you some suggestions I had about who should make the squad.” President Chu’s smile didn’t fade at all but her eyes glared enough for Captain Allon might want to take her suggestions with more than a grain of Salt.

“No thank you Madame President for bring the situation to my attention and I look forward to reading your suggestions and will have an answer for you after the next round of testing, which will be at the end of next week.”

“Thank you again Captain I look forward to hearing from you.” President Chu smiled warmly again and closed the transmission.

“This… is going to be a long week.” Captain Allon said aloud as he slumped back into his floating chair jostling his floating desk.

“Wow” Captain Allon steadied himself and the desk quickly.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #885672 01/18/16 10:15 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Ahem! Is this a bad time?” Cadet Vi grew to her the height of 5”7’ the preferred height she liked to use around Captain Allon.

“No. Not at all.” Captain Allon instantly stood to greet Cadet Vi.

“Are you sure? I can come back later.” Vi’s violet eyes shifted to the jump tube nervously. She didn’t want to leave but she didn’t want to ask him out either. But she was here now.

“No. I can always make time for you Cadet Vi. Please have a seat.” Captain Allon clapped his hands and instantly a small white hover chair floated over to Cadet Vi.

“Thank you Captain.”

“Please call me Gim.”

“Then please just call me Vi if were dropping the formalities.” Vi smiled a small simple smile.

“Alright, well Vi what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?

“Yes…well I wanted to ask you… about our next workout session? I thought maybe I could take a break this afternoon or maybe push it back. My last mission knocked a bit out of me.” Vi chickened out at the last moment. She couldn’t ask Gim out. No matter how brave she’s gotten there were just some things she still couldn’t do.

“Oh…well sure of course Vi. We can reschedule if you need. I read the mission report your squad filed. But I will miss our work out.” Captain Allon said with a smile his brown eyes sparkling.

“Me too which is why I thought we could just push it back an hour? I’m going to take a visit to the sonic showers and then a dip in the regeneration pods. I’ve heard they do great for all aches and pains.” Vi smiled again and returned his gaze.

“They are. I tried them last week after you kicked my butt during our sparing session.” Captain Allon laughed as he sat back and relaxed a bit.

“You left yourself wide open for those kicks. You need to learn to block a kick just as well as a punch and if I recall you flipped me a couple times there so hard that I thought I broke my back. Haha.” Vi laughed and Captain Allon smiled bigger.

“We’ll we give each other a good work out.” Captain Allon tapped his stylus on his desk as he smiled at Vi.

“Do it. Do it now man!” Captain Allon thought to himself.

“We do. Well thank you for letting me push it back. I guess I’ll see you later?” Vi stood slowly still smiling.

“Yes. Yes you will. Feel better.” Captain Allon stood.

“No! you idiot! Don’t let her leave!” Captain Allon thought.

“Thank you.” Vi walked over to the jump tube.

“Hey Vi?” Captain Allon rubbed the back of his neck for a second.

“Yes?” Vi turned slightly.

“Are you doing anything for your weekend off?”

“I thought about visiting some friends but that’s about it. You?”

“Nothing yet…Vi would you like to go out with me? Maybe get dinner?” Captain Allon’s smile was wide and nervous as he waited for her reply.

“I.. I’d love to. We can work out the details over our workout?” Vi smiled and kept her gaze on Captain Allon as she walked back towards the jump tube bumping into a floating rose bush almost falling over it.

“Are you Ok?” Captain Allon moved to assist her but Vi waved him off.

“I’m fine. So I’ll see you at our work out to finalize plans. I’ve really got to go. I don’t want to miss my appointment.” Vi smiled brightly before disappearing down the jump tube.

“She’s too cute.” Captain thought to himself as he smiled and returned to his work of creating his squad in a week.

Omni #885738 01/19/16 01:48 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Untied Planets Headquarters: President Chu’s Office.

“This is good… the Cadet program will be up and running and we’ll have a fighting chance against Mordru.” President Chu turned around at her desk and faced the glowing magical image of Mysa the crown.

“Yes, I see those cadets will be turning tide in fighting my accused Father.”Mysa’s voice cracked with anger and age her left hand at her temple as she finished mumbling a spell of foresight.

“Unfortunately they weren’t successful at keeping the Philosopher’s Stone out of his hands.” President Chu intertwined her fingers as she straightened her back trying to push her anger down. The coffee mug on her desk starting to float gently for a second before it landed.

“Your powers are still growing, regaining your strength. Maybe we should meet on Ywen sooner than our monthly meeting.”

“No that will alert your father. The fact that we’re even having this conversation right now could get both of us killed.” President Chu’s brow sweated a little as she did her best to keep up the magical connection open with Mysa.

“Then let me at least do the bulk of the work. You’re still learning your fledgling magical energies.”

“Fledgling? It’s been almost 25 years since I found out about my powers and 20 since Mordru’s release and my powers were almost expunged from me. I shouldn’t be as weak as I am.” President Chu’s anger had finally subsided and the magical connection got stronger.

“I know you’re frustrated and all you wanted was to find your heritage. But your heritage came with a price. All of ours do and now you’re paying that price the loss of your powers and having to live with the knowledge of what you did even if it was by mistake.” Mysa’s tone was sorrowful. She had let go of her anger at the young sorceress who knew not what she had done.

“I am and my persuasion talents are great but nothing compared to what I’m supposed to be. I a vision and had Mordru not been awakened I’d be as powerful as you. But I was greedy and impatient to find the truth.”

“The truth also comes with a cost. I’ve sent a list of planets that should be kept out of Mordru’s reach in the coming months and ones that are ok for him to acquire from the omnicom you gave me.” Mysa tried to continue the conversation before she was discovered and she hated listening to Chu ramble about how powerful she could have been. She was thankful that she convinced Chu to relinquish the one piece of magical power she truly had.

“He still hasn’t found it?”

“He has. But since I’m his ambassador to the United Planets and he understands that I need to be connected to your world as much as his and he possess no clue how to use it anymore than I did when you first gave it to me.”

“Good. Keep it that way and how’s the Eye?” President Chu wanted to know how her former companion was doing. It had been a long time since she felt the emerald energies of the eye but she remembered it fondly.

“The eye is doing well and playing its part by keeping Mordru happy and distracted. The Eye is the one who came up with half the list and has been training its new host to be ready to drain Mordru should the need arise.” Mysa said as she was happy with her choice of host once President Chu relinquished control of it to her to fight Mordru from within.

“That’s good. Then things are moving along well but hopefully there won’t be any more unexpected planets that get conquered before our meeting on Yuen in a few weeks.” President Chu’s jealousy of the of the Eye’s new host was clear.

“Agreed. Mordru’s plans have been speeding up. But between me, Emerald Empress and Eye, and my young protégé we should be ready to halt some of those plans. But for now until all plans are in place I will see you on Ywen.” Mysa nodded and they both slowly waved their right hands in a circle closing the magical connection.

Instantly President Chu’s mind was filled with that fateful day Mordru was released and that it was her fault that Anatac, or as it was better known these days as the “Dead World”; the warning tale about Mordru’s threat. If it wasn’t for her summoning her heritage to come and imbue her with the magic of her ancestors Mordru would have never come to Anatac and killed everyone and absorbed every magical essence of that world to revive himself for the spell that her and a young Anatac mage cast not only brought Mordru to them and released him from his prison but exposed her and the Anatac mage as decedents of Mordru. He may not be her father but he is her blood and just like Mysa she has a job of doing her best to stop him. President Chu pulled back her hair as she looked in the mirror tapping her Flacken jem around her neck revealing a black tattoo on the side of her neck.

“Heritage and truth does come with a price.” President Chu thought to herself before dropping her hair and tapping her Flacken jem again hiding the tattoo.

Last edited by Omni; 01/19/16 01:49 PM.

Omni #885770 01/19/16 11:40 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Yay, I knew the fissures would be Bogdan using time manipulation to mimic super-speed! smile His whole planet being like that is a very interesting concept though, and I wonder if he and Jazmin will learn some stunts from one another now? It will be cool to see what happens with Dirk too!

Omni #885776 01/20/16 03:09 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Gasp! A magical Chu, I never saw that coming, excellent twist Omni!

I see what Dirk did there... Berta as a possible Air host, and many Earth candidates like Blok, Dag, Ferro, Dune... Dream Boy and Drura, interesting.

Gim and Vi was cute and I am happy things are moving along on that front.

The imminent confrontation with Mordru is exciting! Well done laying the pieces together!

Omni #885818 01/20/16 07:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I second that gasp, Chu as a descendant of Mordru, wow! Fantastic twist!

The fire avatar is manipulative isn't he? Good that Gim realises that and it'll be interesting to read Imra's assessment of the mission. As IB said above, really clever choice to join him on the mission too, hopefully they'll find an elemental or two that hasn't been found by Mordru yet. I love how this story has been building and building, it's been really written Omni!

Mysa seems quite a schemer too btw, that's a new take on her but fits perfectly with the current situation.

Gim plucking up the courage to ask Vi out was sweet, it's nice to see them perhaps have a chance at a relationship.

Really enjoying your story Omni, and looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #886000 01/21/16 03:05 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you everyone for the support and comments!

IB and Harbinger i'm glad you both like my twist on Chu and that it was out of left field. i've got to keep you all on your toes don't i? wink

and Vi and Gim's relationship. i'm going to work on trying to get them a bit of a happy ending.

Harbinger your right Mysa is being rather manipulative but the ends justify the means with Mordru/ tongue

on to Dirk

i'm glad all three of you are looking forward to this story.
Dirks choices are many for the Earth Elemental and Berta is the prime candidate for air.

Harbinger of course Gim's on his game. he is Captain after all.

more coming soon and a recap.

Dream boy and Dura will have their uses for sure and Imra's going to have her hands full thats for sure.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/21/2016
Omni #886001 01/21/16 03:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outside Untied Planets Headquarters.

Roll Call:
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility

“Saturn Girl did you get all of that?” Invisible Kid snuck along the outer wall of the Untied Planets Headquarters its blue walls smooth under Invisible Kid’s gloved hands. He could barely feel any roughness to the exterior. But there were spots that were patches. He didn’t know what they were from but they look like fixed burns.

“Yes. I got everything. Thank you Invisible Kid for going into Chu’s officer to spy for me. I couldn’t get anywhere near her on my own. My powers would have been detected instantly with the Titan Net tower that’s in that building. I haven’t learned how to not been seen by that thing yet. Every time I make contact with any sentient in that building it registers it.”

“Did you really expect anything less?” Invisible Kid left the wall and walked out into the crowd invisible doing his best to avoid being detected by motion sensors. His ring cloaked him from much of the technology of this reality. But motion sensors aren’t one of them. He did his best to move along side sentinels who were larger than himself.

“No. but I thought I would have figured out how to evade it by now. I’m in contact with this building daily for our missions. But thankfully you and the amplified telepathic ear plugs Gear made for you allowed me to get everything that you saw and allowed me to get some surface thoughts from President Chu. Were you able to go through any of her files?”

“Yeah I got some stuff. But since you sent me on a search for specifically anything related to McCauley and Mano’s case and the nannites were another things I had to search for I didn’t get to grab a whole lot. But I’ll send you everything once I’ve gone through it.”

“Thank you. But I’ll actually be stopping by headquarters this coming weekend. The alpha cadets get the weekend off and the top ranking beta cadets will be taking over.”

“This program sounds more and more…”

“Like the Legion every day. I know. If I didn’t know better I would say it’s changing to suit us. That we all want a Legion again and to be whole in this reality and the cadet program is forming to that. I’m starting to feel like this is what our life in the Legion would have been like had Brande gotten his way and we were trained first.” Saturn Girl’s pink astral face floated before Invisible Kid as she thought this to him the wind pushing back his brown hair as he took flight invisibly once he was a block away from the United Planets Headquarters.

“Then I’ll see you this weekend. We’ve got a lot to discuss.” Invisible kid flew on and the conversation ended Saturn Girls pink astral face dissolving into a waft of smoke.

“This isn’t good. This isn’t good.” Lyle thought to himself over and over again as he flew back to the Legions headquarters.

Last edited by Omni; 01/21/16 03:10 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/21/2016
Omni #886002 01/21/16 03:14 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll Call:
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Karate Kid -Val Armorr of Omega Colony of U247– master of all known martial arts.
Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. concussive, searing blasts . Flight ,Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability

The wind rushed Lyle’s face as he flew on as fast as his flight ring would carry him. Now that he was flying high above the city the motion sensors no longer hindered him and even though no one could see him he stayed invisible. The clouds past by him quickly turning into nothing more than a misting on his face. Soon he arrived at the marina the salty sea air hitting his nostrils hard.

“Hmmmm love low tide.” Lyle shook his head slightly pushing himself once more the last two blocks back to headquarters. Landing gently in front of the main force field opening Lyle raised his right hand and held his ring out at the force field becoming visible quickly.

“Invisible Kid recognized. Entrance permitted.” The holo screen flashed.

Lyle flew in quickly and the door to the headquarters opened automatically sliding into the wall. The headquarters was occupied with everyone for the first time is days. Each of them had been taking shifts looking for Shikari and Timber Wolf checking the markers at all the sits. The break ins have become less frequent since they realized Brande Industries was at the center of all of them.

“Team We need to have a meeting.”

“OOO a meeting. I love meetings!” Domain ran over to the meeting table and sat in a chair.

“Roll Call! Domain! Although without my jacket I’m not exactly Domain…should I call myself the villain formally known as Domain? Or maybe DB…Domain Boy?”

“Members only.” M’Onel quickly picked up Domain and flew him down to into his room the air swooshing about everyone’s hair ruffling in the process.

“Was that necessary?” Val asked his meditative pose shaken a bit from the gust.

“If we actually wanted to make sure he left and in a timely manner then yes.” M’Onel responded flying back in.

“It’s true he never would have left.” Rokk said motioning for everyone to gather round the meeting table.

“So what’s this emergency meeting about?”

“Chu is a descendant of Mordru in this reality.” Lyle’s brown eyes meeting everyone’s gaze.

“What?” Rokk’s mind didn’t know what that meant. Chu never had any magical power in their reality and she was imprisoned by the time Mordru came around.

“I just did an errand for Imra at the Untied Planets Headquarters and spied on President Chu and she’s in league with Mysa to try and take down Mordru and I saw the tattoo that Kinetix one bore when she was transformed by Mysa and Mysa said that was a mark of kinship.”

“That’s what my vision meant then of them and the Eye.”

“Yes. It turns out Chu has magical powers of persuasion of some sort and she used to be associated with the eye. I’m guessing she was once the Emerald Empress. I grabbed a bunch of her files and I need to go through them.”

“So Chu gave the Emerald Eye to Mysa. But why?”
“It probably was part of a barging. In order to keep the U.P. safe she had to give Mysa the Eye to keep Mordru from attacking. He wouldn’t stop until he got it.” Nura’s voice was even, though her hands seemed a little fidgety to Thom.

“That’s the most probable. Chu said she had learned about her powers 25 years ago and five years after that she lost almost all of them when Mordru was released. She somehow escaped being completely absorbed by him. I’m going to look through these files. Hopefully there’s some mention why. I also grabbed files on the nannite program.” Lyle uploaded the files quickly into the tables console from his omnicom. The consol glowed green and red and he sorted out the files quickly.

“And I think I know why the nannite program may have really been started combined with the information I received from Brainy.”

Lyle pulled up the files and instantly Chu’s notes were found about the nannite program. Everything was related to Mordru.

“What’s this?” Lyle’s hand glided across the consol and instantly a video diary of President Chu. Instantly the holo screen came to life.

“Hello, my name is Jenni Chu and I’m running for Earth Representative of Metropolis to the United Planets Council and this is my video diary documenting every moment of my campaign. Its day 22 of the campaign trail and I’m here to discuss the implantation of nannites with the public. The nannites will be injected across the Untied Planets over the next several months. Worlds like Rimbor who use a DNA marker will still have to use the nannite system.”

“It’s a public service for the nannite program. Why would Chu keep this?” Rokk asked his arms crossed and hand to his chin.

“The nannites will track all citizens who possess a power. This includes those whose gifts are racial. Yes all racial gifts will be registered. Please understand we do this for your safety just as much as the safety of the galaxy at large…. No scratch that. That last part doesn’t sound right.” The holo screen refocused and Chu was hunched over talking to herself.

“Just continue on.” An aged voice called from the corner of the room.

“These worlds should hear the truth. That we will control them. That the nannites are meant to turn them into an army against Mordru if need be. That they are our last line of defense.”

“It’s either this or your run this risk of losing your entire world. Your Scientists have confirmed with my predictions and the implications and ramifications of the nannite program. Mordru must be stopped and if the general populace with powers can do something they must.” Mysa moved forward into the shot her body surrounded by a light blue light.

“Yes, Representative Chu, Colu has run the projections and we agree this is the best way to go for now if Mordru attacks. This will also allow us to subdue the more lethal powers and not let Mordru take them.” Representative Gux stepped forward into the frame.

“Who’s that?” Jahr asked.

“Let me cross reference his face in the facial recognition program.” Gear sat attentively studying all of the files while watching the video.

“It is Representative Gux of Colu. He’s the current rep and at this point in his career he was a council member on Colu and had just worked up to being an intern to being groomed to be the next Representative for Colu in the Untied Planets Council. Gear announced as another two more people came into view.

“And these would be?”

“Roxxas.” M’Onel’s eyes grew wide as he watched from the Stasis Zone what this man had done during the White Triangle Saga.

“Who’s the blonde? Jahr leaned forward.

“Brainy’s mother.” Lyle’s eyes grew wide as well.

Dreamer tried her best to seem shocked but she knew that Brainy’s mother existed in this reality. The Time Trapper had told her so.

“The data is conclusive. Without an army…a Legion we will not defeat Mordru should he attack us. Don’t worry we’ll only control the population at the last moment when it’s needed. Nothing before.” Brainiac 4’s smile was devious as her blond hair fell over half her face before she tucked it back.

`”Then the nannites are in. Make your announcement future President Chu.” Roxxas said his smile searing into the camera as the video stops.

“They were all in on this together. They created the nannites to use everyone with a power to stop Mordru. That’s why its injections and not the bracelets like Brainy said Colu has. They knew that everyone could die.” Sensor wasn’t happy at the thought of genocide even if it was to save the universe.

“Not the first time Brainiac 4 was being responsible for the deaths of millions.” Lyle’s slight anger was noticed by everyone. They all weren’t fans of Brainiac 4 but Lyle’s resentment was clearly something more.

“Correct. But why would Roxxas agree to this? He was never one to be a true team player.” Chameleon chimed in.

“True. But this Daxam up until this point was a different place in this reality. Maybe he’s more of a team player here.” M’Onel’s voice spoke giving the facts he’s searched for hours weeks earlier.

“Then why the lead virus if the nannites would subdue their powers?” Lyle asked.

“I’m not sure. But there must be are reason and I think it’s time we find that reason out. I’m going to Daxam.” M’Onel declared standing.

“What already?” Sensor asked.

“Things have finally settled down here and the search for Shikari and Brin is still in progress. But otherwise we’ve been rather quiet. I think it’s time for me to go to Daxam.”

“I still don’t think you should go alone.” Thom looked at M’Onel and Nura squeezed Thom’s hand. He knew that was her you’re not going anywhere squeeze.

“I must. They will know if any of you are not Daxamite and we need to find out why they needed the Lead virus and the nannites to control Daxam. If there was some darker purpose besides trying to activate them to fight Mordru at a later date.”

“When will you leave?” Sensor asked

“Tomorrow. But please no fuss.” M’Onel looked around as they all agreed and in that instant M’Onel felt that this might be what cements him to this reality finally finding a sense of home.

Last edited by Omni; 01/21/16 03:16 PM.

Omni #886021 01/21/16 06:20 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Wow! More revelations! That reveal of the nanite origin was inspired, Omni!

I think more and more that Chu and Mysa have good motives, although with questionable methods. But the inclusions of Brainiac 4 and Roxxas in the "conspiracy" are something else!

A Kinetix reference always makes me happy smile Liked the Titanet reference too, the mention of Brin and Kari, and Lyle's anger towards Brainiac 4.

more, more, more!

Omni #886068 01/22/16 08:21 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
You know how to ramp up the excitement Omni, these two posts are superb!

I was never a fan of Lyle but you are changing that, you write his cool analytical nature well, from spying on Chu - inspired btw, to hiding behind bigger people so motion sensors don't spot him to taking charge when he got back to the base. His dislike of this reality altering itself apparently to suit the Legionnaires is spot on too. Well done for the great characterisation.

I have an idea that Brin and Shikari will turn up on Mordrus side and he's using them to locate the magical items. Maybe? I really like how you've kept them away for so long, not that I don't miss them but it really adds to the tension you are creating.

As IB says above, the nannites origin is a clever twist, nice stuff!

I'm sorry to see Mon El go but he's so bloody powerful it's difficult to keep him contained in a secret base for long. I have the feeling that you've got a major reveal planned for Daxam so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.

Roxxas, Brainiac 4, Mordru and a scheming Time Trapper, you don't make things easy for your team do you?

Looking forward to more, more and much more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #886200 01/23/16 08:27 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's a good concept, that all metas will be recruited to face a major threat; a moral dilemma, for as Chu says, you either fight or everyone is annihilated/subjected to Mordru. However, does a leader have the right to release the nannites that would accomplish this without first informing or consulting the public? (Of course, our political leaders do this sort of thing all the time, but not on such a grand scale.)

I loved that scene in which a single tear falls from the crystalized Artumes. Very sad and very visual.

Bogdan's power deception is also interesting and understandable. You explained his unique power very well.

Avatar Dirk is so like the best of the original Sun Boy: confident, high-spirited. I do hope he won't turn out to be a traitor!

Yes indeed, quite a reveal that Chu is a descendant of Mordru. Her impatience for power is reminiscent of Kinetix - but does she want it to defeat Mordru or does she have some other plan in mind (or in her subconscious mind)? I expect some trouble from the Eye.

Happy to see Invisible Kid in top espionage form! And I'm wondering if Saturn Girl will find some way to circumvent the Titanet.

What a cast of villainous characters pulling the strings behind the scenes: Roxxas, Brainiac 4, Representative Gux (if he's Coluan, he's got to be trouble). The political advisers from hell!

A complex and fascinating story, Omni. Lots of twists and turns!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
Omni #886485 01/27/16 04:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thank you everyone for the comments!

I'm glad the nanite origin was a good twist. i thought it would make sense that all of my "villians" so to speak would be working together and the nannites are such a large program that it couldn't be orcastrated without help. there is still more to come with the nannties.

Harbinger i'm glad my Lyle has finally made you like him. he was always one of my favorites in the reboot so i'm glad i'm doing him justice. I've got somethings coming for him that i hope you'll like.

IB this conspiracy is far from over and each is going to have a part to play. the nannites are a big story point coming up that i think i've neglected to long. Both Roxxas and B4 have their agendas to play out.

Thank you FC on my Sun boy. i'm glad he's coming across well. he's a bit trickier to write than i thought he'd be.

Harbinger your right. M'Onel is much to powerful but his power is going to be gone on Daxam so we'll see how he does.
and Brin and Shkiar are definitely not with Mordru but that is a wicked cool idea.

Thank you FC on Bogdan's power descriptions and Chu's motivations will be clear soon enough. stay tuned. wink

Thank you all again and stay tuned.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/27/2016
Omni #886486 01/27/16 04:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Legion Recap.

The Legion has entered new reality and trying to make a life for themselves. Splitting into two factions. These are the tales of the Legion of Super Heroes in Universe 248; a universe that exist one vibrational frequency away from Universe 247. Making this place both familiar and strange to the Legion.

Cadet Roll Call:
Legion Cadets from U-247:

Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah –intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. of Rimbor U247
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen –quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
Spark - Ayla Ranzz –electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
The remaining top 50 (from U-248)
Cadet Bogdan Tarka of Doopa –speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla– heat and light generation and manipulation
Cadet Gates of Vyrga – teleportation disks
Cadet Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu-super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
Cadet Brek Bannin of Tharr – Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Cadet April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Cadet Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
Cadet Jedediah Rikane of Earth – density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Cadet Blok of Dryad- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. mass increase.
Cadet Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Cadet Jeem Rehtu of Preztor – creates hallucinations in those he touches. Slight telepathy.
Cadet Rol Purtha of Naltor – precognitive dreams.
Cadet Cadet -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Cadet Tharok of unknown – hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Cadet Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, Mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Cadet Twine of Rimbor – Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Cadet Sethno of Medusa - turns people to stone
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Cadet Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.
Cadet Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
Cadet Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. The Avatar of the elemental Phy'r
Cadet Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds)., also pulls others along with her. smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
Cadet Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. Monkey tail and agility.
Cadet Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Cadet Shazlon of Barrio III - Spherical diamond body, with retractable appendages. Super durability. Telepathic communication.

*Note there are 52 top cadets and i've only listed those you've met in story. the remaining will be met shortly but i want to keep secret till they premier.

The Cadets have undertaken many missions and hand many personal experiences that have begun to make this place feel like a closer version of home in the last month and half since the program began keeping the Legionnaires busy and have also begun to find out the reason why they can’t leave this reality. The Alpha class consists of a steady 52 cadets.

Missions undertaken:

-Capture Mano: Mano was created at the hands of McCauley as a living chemical weapon. Mano almost succeeded in killing McCauley. Cadet Rehtu saved the day through a psychic link and the Cadets and Captain Allon brought Mano back to the academy.
-M’brai’ s reconstruction. The cadets get seen as a unifying force for their help
-the lost girl of Toomey IV.
-Quenching a riot on Shawr.
- The Cadets go on to a mission to Scylla where they fight Sister Beauty Blaze of the Eternal Flame, who attempts to suck the fire/life out of several Cadets who posses light or fire based powers in order to gain access to the Eternal Flame, Phy’r and become its next host. Including Cadet Inferno; which turns out this is her home planet and Sister Beauty Blaze is her sister. Because of their sisterly bond Sister Beauty Blaze couldn’t become the next host and he chose another host, which was Dirk Morgna who was vacationing there and the other cadets had rescued him from being stranded. Dirk is now the host of the Elemental Phy’r and his mind and body are on Scylla keeping the Eternal Flame going while and Avatar which is actually the Elemental Phy’r himself from the first dimension. The Elemental Avatar also warns Inferno of the coming darkness within her.
- The cadets were sent on a mission to JS-12 to investigate - which was attacked by Black Mace to get all information on Anndranna and made sure all copies were erased.
-Escort prisoner known as Sun Emperor to trail. Tharok arranges for Sun Emperor to break free while they escorted Sun Emperor so that he could search for three keys, an errand that the Dark man sent him on after he contacted Tharok secretly days prior.
-Vulna-5 – herding the Vegauras where they end up battling Nyola an agent of Mordru on the search for the Philosopher’s stone, which was in the hands of Artumes who was a servant to magical lord Myke Chypurz. Eventually Nyola escapes with a portion of the stone, where she returns to Zeroxx and is imprisoned again for failure Kaz-am; the eldest genie is sent to fetch the rest and turns Artumes to stone.
- The cadets go on a mission to Neo-Paris on Earth to retrieve unregistered meta-humans, which Kid Quantum II whole heartedly disagrees with. While there she also discovers and confronts Cadet Tarka about his true powers which turn out to be a form of time manipulation. While there they disrupt a local Bazaar and almost stumbled upon a Unregistered Underground; which through Meta a titan telepath learned of the Legion’s existence and they are going to seek them out.
Meanwhile Mordru’s power grows with each planet he takes and he is now on the hunt for various magical artifacts and the remaining host less Elementals; which he has Aq’u the water elemental in his grasp and potentially the worlds they once inhabited as he looks to siphon both of their magical energies for his own. Because of this Mordru’s plans have been speed up and now Mysa and Chu are reacting to that by trying to get the cadets graduated to the special squad. President Chu talks to Captain Allon and convinces him to make his selection sooner than 6 months and he agrees to have the cadets chosen in a week’s time after their next rounds of test and mission evaluations.
On a personal note:
-Kid Quantum II has connected with both Cadets James Cullen and Candi and has helped cement her to this reality as they recognize her as this reality’s Jazmin Cullen.
-Saturn Girl met with this reality’s Aven and battled him to keep her and the team’s secrets wiping his mind of the encounter and thus cementing her to this reality. During this meeting the Time Traveler contacted Saturn Girl and gave her this reality’s Imra’s memories and that Dreamer has been receiving visions from him to help them adjust to this reality. He also told her this reality is unstable and they are needed to make it stable why he didn’t explain why.
-Live Wire visited with this reality’s Mekt, who is in jail for murdering him and Spark and their parents; the meeting has bonded him and Spark here. But Live Wire’s been having some issues with his robotic arm sparking up that he’s kept from everyone saying it’s just a surge but he can feel that it’s something else and he’s not sure what.
-Vi and Captain Allon have been flirting and working out for awhile and are now about to go on a date!
- Mano’s case goes to president Chu and she declines to look into it stating that Mano hadn’t finished the program before he broke out and that McCauley had already given her all the detail.
-Cadet Rehtu helps Saturn Girl reach Mano and bring him out of his coma and heal. They learn of all the injustices he’s done and had done to him.
- Umbra and Cadet Chey-Nu “train”
-The some of the girls of the academy have a girl’s night in Cadet Candi, Triad, Vi and Inferno’s suite. Several cadets reveal how they came to be at the academy. Eventually all of the female Legionnaires expect Umbra attend.
-Cadet Inferno meets with Academy Psychiatrist Dr. Ryk’rr about her fear of the dark and her background which Cadet Inferno evades and meets with her again and shows Dr. Ryk’rr the beginnings of the rise of the darkness inside her.
-Cadet Inferno and Triad resolve their roommate issue by getting a divider so they can sleep.
- Avatar Dirk talk’s to Dirk’s dad.

Legion Espionage Squad:
Legion Roll Call:
The free squad:

Cosmic Boy – Rokk Krinn of Brall U247 – Magnetism: control, generation, and manipulation.
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – tecno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 – shape shifting
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs – composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.
Randall Burroughs Atom'x of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. concussive, searing blasts . Flight ,Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Karate Kid -Val Armorr of Omega Colony of U247– master of all known martial arts.
Starboy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.

Captured:

Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making.

-Star Boy has returned to the team.
-Timber Wolf and Lonestar are still missing. But the team has put traces all around metropolis where the same energy signature they found at the site of their disappearance has reappeared. It formed a giant bull’s eye with Brande Industries at the center of it. The team began staking out Brande Industries.
-Domain was captured after he tried to kidnap Cosmic Boy and Wildfire and has petitioned to be allowed to walk around free within the Headquarters.

-Wildfire has been having power issues reverting back to his blast-off powers and during a test run of some technology that the Brainiac 5 of the retro boot universe, Brainy and Brainiac 5 of the three-boot when it caused him to split apart completely into the two half’s that formed Wildfire and the two of them were now stable and cemented to this reality. Still mentally linked.
-Dreamer had a vision of the time trapper being involved and pushing them together and separated them.
-Chameleon and Invisible kid stake out Brande industries and find out that Slipstream technology will run out of fuel (tromium) in a year maybe two. Lyle admits his feelings for Brainy to Chameleon and while at Brande Industries there was a shadowy figure that they didn’t see and the shadowy figure stole something.
-Invisible Kid was spying during President Chu’s conversation with Captain Allon and her conversation with Mysa learning that Chu is a descendent of Mordru’s and was once connected to the Emerald Eye. Chu also lost much of her power to the day Mordru was released when he came to Anatac and absorbed every last bit of magic and life. Chu escaped with barely any powers. Her powers of persuasion, levitation, and simple spell casting are all that remain. While spying he grabbed a bunch of files on the nannite program and anything to do with McCauley industries and McCauley himself. Invisible Kid found a video revealing that Mysa, President Chu when she was a representative and running for president, Representative Gux when he was a High Council member being groomed to be the next Coluian Representative to the United Planets, Representative Roxxas of Daxam and Brainiac 4 of Colu working together to initiate the nannite program.
- M’Onel has chosen to leave for Daxam to find out the answers about the lead virus and the nannite program’s connection to Daxam’s quarantine.

Colu Away Team:
Roll Call:

On Colu Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence , internalized force field apparatus
Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

While en route to Colu Brainy discovers secret files about his mother Brainiac 4 of this reality. This reality’s Brainiac 4 is much like his own mother in regards to her files, expect there were no personal files and she disappeared just days before some of the tests were to happen in this reality.
-Brainy also developed an improved nannite bracelet that can only be removed by the wearer and has long range check in capabilities and are hack proof.
- Laurel spends much of her time on Colu alone. Flying around the planet and learning about the world she now “lives” in; which has been completely infested by the decaying technology of the computer Tyrants. She decides to investigate the City of Gobu after seeing it be completely dark compared to the rest of Colu which was light up and Rep. Gux had mentioned that there were blackouts across Colu and the galaxy.
-Brainy and Laurel go to Gobu separately and find each other and Virx who was centuries old and dying. Along with him they find Brainiac 4; who was brought to this time a month ago by a temporal flux caused by one of her experiments. Since arriving in Gobu she and Virx have worked to give her his cybernetic virus from the Computer Tyrants and started work on rebuilding Gobu. Brainy and Laurel agree to help/ the high council want Gobu up and running. Virx wishes it to be a Cybernetic city those who wish to join can.
Missing: Captured by Grimbor the chains men a former employee of Brande Industries as a weapon designer.
Lonestar-Shikari of the Kawi migrating Colony of U247- Path finding, ability to generate biological armor and claws, flight.
Timber Wolf- Brin Londo of Rimbor U247 -Superhuman agility and strength, claws and fangs, super-senses, and accelerated healing.

The realignment:

This reality which Gear has dubbed U248 and has discovered that the team’s vibrational frequencies match both realities. When they entered this reality the energy wash was this reality bombarding and trying to bond them to this reality as their frequency was calling out for a home. Since then this reality has been reshaping people, places, and events to suit the team. The reality itself is unstable and the Legionnaires stabilized it with each interaction with the people around them and interacting with those who are tied to their personal histories is slowly writing them in. This reality is now their home reality and unless they cement themselves here this reality will continue to be unstable. But instead of reality altering them it’s altering itself. Some of the things side affects being felt are the super charging of their powers and the biggest that Wildfire has split apart. Another interesting thing Gear has noticed is Cadet Gates is the only stabilized frequency and is unreadable.
Also the Time Trapper has appeared in visions to Dreamer and in person to her and Saturn Girl tasking them with aligning the team to this reality. They are charged with recreating certain events that happened in their reality. The events themselves are not the important part but the outcomes. Their first reenactment they’ve been charged with is to recreate Wildfire and bring in Invisible Kid, Triad, and Andromeda into the fold of their fix it squad.
That’s your Legion recap. Stay tuned for more adventures!

Last edited by Omni; 01/27/16 04:11 PM.

Omni #886700 02/01/16 02:34 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Wow Omni! Reading that recap really highlights how much work you have put into this! You do a great job of keeping a lot of different balls in the air at one time, I didn't realise how much you had going on as I was too busy just enjoying it smile

That's a pretty intense group of bad guys Chu has around her too, I can't imagine they'll be easy to deal with!

Omni #886709 02/01/16 11:45 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Yeah, thanks for the recap, this is shaping up to be an interestingly complex story!

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/4/2016
Omni #886864 02/04/16 01:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Level 1 and 2 Main Gym

Roll Call:
Cadet Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) – shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247

“Cadet, try again.” Umbra asked her patience growing thin.

“I’ve tried. I’ve tried 27 times this match alone!” Cadet Chey-Nu sat on the matted floor slumped over.

“And you’ll keep trying until you get it. Nothing comes easy. It’s hard work. Now get back up and shift your forms of light as fast as you can use them to try and find the right one that can disrupt my dark field. Stop thinking about the forms so much and just shift as fast as possible at this point. When you think too much it slows you down.” Cadet Umbra’s hands glowed a bright blackish blue as the shadows flared up rising around Cadet Chey-Nu circling him until they engulfed him in their inky blackness.

Cadet Chey-Nu waited till he was surrounded by a shadowy egg before he started shifting his body to every form of light he could think of as fast as he could. Starting out as fire then sunlight then a solar flare from the sun itself then elect city sparked its way around him as the shift went from head to toe.

“Stop Thinking! I can feel you hesitating and I’m barely working up a sweat.” Cadet Umbra stretched her arms high above her head as the dark field steadily held its form.

“I’m trying! I’m not as dumb as you think I am!” Cadet Chey-Nu yelled through the shadows. Now his body shifting to ultra violet light, pushing at the shadows with his hands the light from them glowing in the shadows dimly making the inky shadows themselves illuminated.

“What are you doing in there?” Cadet Umbra asked her head feeling tingly.

“I’ve shifted to ultra violet light. Why?”

“Can you shift please? It feels funny in my head when you play with the shadows.” Cadet Umbra shook her head slightly trying to shift the feeling away.

“Sure.” Shifting quickly Cadet Chey-Nu changed to a nova burst and then to starlight.” His body twinkling up and down in the inky shadows as clear as day.

“Better?”

“Yes. But you still haven’t broken free of my field.”

“Fine.” Cadet Chey-Nu huffed for a moment before his body transitioned each one lasting 30 seconds and with each one getting shorter. First sunlight, then star light, then a solar flare, electricity came next followed by a slight detour into ultra violet all the way to the light of white dwarf and he began strobbing each of these for shorter times till finally each one last no more than five seconds each enough to gain power to push at Cadet Umbra’s dark field. Each ones bust more intense then the last.

“Boom!...1..2.Boom…3..4.5..boom.” Cadet Chey-Nu thought to himself the boom the charge he needed of each form of light. He knew he could try so many more but these were the strongest in each of the previous rounds on their own they had to be better combined.

“Better!” Cadet Umbra called as sweat started to bead her forehead but he still wasn’t out yet and his charges needed to be faster and bigger still.

“Force a bigger burst. You need to be able to create a strong burst of whatever light you take on at a moment’s notice in an emergency or a battle with Mordru.” Cadet Umbra warned as she strengthened her dark field.

“Force a burst in 2.5 seconds. Yeah ok.” Cadet Chey-Nu’s sarcasm was noted but he continued on starting to do multiple transformations at once, his hands and feet turning to a hot bright white light of the white dwarf while his body became electricity pulsing till his head of blonde hair had been transformed into the brightest solar flare he could muster finally shorting out Cadet Umbra’s dark field for a whole minuet as his body’s light extended out.

“Good! Now get brighter.” Cadet Umbra pushed harder her hands focused completely on him as she reinforced the shadows.

“ARHHHHHH! Enough!” Cadet Chey-Nu yelled as he felt his body start to go nova with energy and light that he wasn’t able to cast off and finally erupting taking on their speed Cadet Chey-Nu bounced around the room the dark field fading in and out as he exhausted every ounce of energy he hand to shift faster and faster.

“Watch out!” Cadet Chey-Nu called doing his best to avoid any of the flyers working out in the gym.

“Not again!” Cadet Rikane gulped as he shifted his density as low as it could go to allow Cadet Chey-Nu to pass through him. Last time it caused a bit of an episode because he didn’t get to a low enough density quick enough and the light form he was in scrambled his mind a bit.

“Sorry Jed!” Cadet Chey-Nu yelled passing through Cadet Rikane.

Cadet Umbra’s dark field held up as she continued to keep her eyes on Cadet Chey-Nu’s trajectory. The field shorting out between the shifts of his powers.

“Umbra can you please end this extreme training session of yours. He’s blasted past every flyer and he’s shorting out some of the circuitry in the gym. I almost got squashed by the auto weights. Thankfully I’m pretty invulnerable.” Cadet Candi sauntered over to Cadet Umbra.

“He’s almost there. Don’t make him stop. He’s finally learning something.” Cadet Umbra squinted pushing her power to surround Cadet Chey-Nu again.

“ARRRRRRRRR” Cadet Chey-Nu yelled one more time as he bound straight up towards the ceiling.

“Not good. He’ll knock his head.” Cadet Ayrla’s slender hand waved gently as white balls of light circled her fingers gently stopping Cadet Chey-Nu instantly taking away all of his gravity.

“Thanks Ayrla! I needed that.” Cadet Chey-Nu yelled as he spun in a circle of weightlessness as he gushed out energy inside the egg of shadows which lifted and mixed with his swirling flames and light.

“You’ve got five more second and if he doesn’t break the shadows I’ll take him out myself.” Cadet Candi crossed her green muscular arms looking sternly at Cadet Umbra.

“You hear that Chey! Candi’s gonna lay you out in five seconds if you don’t get this. Now break my field!” Cadet Umbra yelled.

“Break it! Break it go nova white dwarf sunlight electricity at once!” Cadet Chey-Nu trying to push his limits. The light and energy pushing at the shadows ebbed in and out until finally the shadows bursts outward his body shifting back to his humanoid state. Instantly Cadet Chey-Nu began to plummet now that his center of gravity had changed

“I gotchya.” Cadet Candi held out her arms catching him.

“I did it! I did it! I burst through!” Cadet Chey-Nu screamed as he jumped from Cadet Candi’s arms and ran over to Cadet Umbra picking her up and grabbing her spinning her around.

“Put me down!” Cadet Umbra ordered slapping him on the shoulders with a playful smile.

“I did it thought. I broke your shadows. You said that was the first step to really gaining control and knowledge of my powers.” Cadet Chey-Nu’s smile was broad as he lowered Cadet Umbra.

“It is. But you’ve still got a ways to go.” Cadet Umbra found herself smiling and having to push it away.

“I’d say that deserves a reward. Like a night out on the town.” Cadet Candi chimed in watching the two quickly split apart. It was possibly the nicest she’s seen Cadet Umbra be since she arrived.

“Agreed. Let’s go. Please. I’ve done my workouts and it is our weekend off. I’m not spending it here. At least not all of it.” Cadet Chey-Nu saw the look on Cadet Umbra’s face when he said he wanted to take the whole weekend off for one victory.

“Fine. What are the plans?” Cadet Umbra’s arms crossed and her smile faded. She didn’t want to stop training but she knew this would help motivate him better. Rewards worked better with terrans than punishments.

“A bunch of us are going dancing in Metropolis at this club called the Grav-mix. It’s got anti-gravity dance floors as well as regular dance floors, a restaurant area and three different dj’s auto vibing some of the best music this side of the milky way.” Cadet Candi informed them.

“I’m in.” Cadet Chey-Nu smiled his blue eyes sparkling even thought they looked so tired.

“Then dancing at Grav-mix it is.” Cadet Umbra simply walked away and went to her quarters to prep for the night out.

“Think she’ll last long?” Cadet Candi asked pointing her thumb at Cadet Umbra.

“I don’t give her more than ten minutes before she tries to punch someone.” Cadet Chey-Nu smiled devilishly.

Last edited by Omni; 02/04/16 01:49 PM.

Omni #886865 02/04/16 01:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
On the Treadmills a few feet away
Roll Call:
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.

“Did you hear that Berta?” Cadet Nolan asked while he ran on the treadmill next to Cadet Berta’s treadmill.

“Yes. Cadet Candi has been droning on about Grav-mix for days now.” Cadet Berta rolled her violet eyes.

“You have no interest in going out for the weekend off?”

“I didn’t say that. I just have no interest in Clubs. They are filled with boring people who are looking to escape when all they have to do is open their minds to the universal energies and see the beauty that is this universe.” Cadet Berta’s stride not breaking.

“Then what are you doing?”

“I’m actually taking a trip to “The Cyclone World”.”

“Where? Is that like a theme park?” Cadet Nolan keeping stride not out of breath or tired at all. But when you’re a being of iron it’s easy to not be tired.

“Someone hasn’t studied the planetary guides clearly. “Cyclone World or WL-306 is known to be a world of cyclones that never stop and they are some of the most intense wind rides in the galaxy. I’ve wanted to go there forever to practice my powers on the cyclones and to ride a bunch of them.” Cadet Berta’s eyes lit up when she looked at Cadet Nolan.

“That sounds intense.” Cadet Nolan nodded

“It is. Do you want to come with? I bet you’d love to ride these cyclones. They never stop!”

Cadet Nolan was shocked that Cadet Berta had asked him along. They had been working out together for weeks now and she never seemed like she thought about anything besides the cadet program.

“Really? You wouldn’t mind the company?” Cadet Nolan’s steel eyes smiled for him underneath his mask.

“Not at all and these cyclones can’t be missed. We’ll take a mini shuttle out later this afternoon. I’ve already got it logged out and pack warmly. I’ve heard it can get as cold as below -50 degrees due to wind chill.”

“I don’t get cold easy.”

“True but we don’t want you to break from the cold either.” Cadet Berta smiled simply.

The two of them continued running both smiling as they looked straight ahead as a giant screen appeared above all of them. The image of Officer Cuzmon with her short brown hair and doe eyes appeared.

“Attention Alpha Cadets your weekend off has officially begun and the Beta Cadets Will be taking over for the weekend to get a taste of what it’s like to be an Alpha Cadet. With that I’d like to see the following Beta cadets Kent Shakespeare, Lizz Sunrizze, Susa Pak, Lydda Jath, Theena, Nepheus, Amber, Ray Sah, Tari Wahlmunn, Peter Dursin, Noorr-ni’t, Gra Malla, E Davis Ester, Mori, and Ulu Vakk report to the beta classes meeting room on level 4. See you all there and I look forward to this weekend and Enjoy Alpha cadets.”

“As this maybe the last free weekend any of you have for quite some time.” Officer Cuzmon thought to herself as the screen before her faded away thus shutting down the announcing system.

Last edited by Omni; 02/04/16 01:51 PM.

Omni #886866 02/04/16 01:52 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Level 5; Dormitories the “Couple Suite”, Cadet Wazzo-Nah and Nah’s room

“We have an entire weekend to ourselves. This is a first since probably our honeymoon…the second time around.” Jo laid there shirtless his hairy muscular chest under Tinya’s head.

“I know. We should do something.” Tinya didn’t lift her head at all.

“What’s wrong angel?” Jo stroked her raven black hair

“I’ve just been thinking about Cub again…Jo if this reality is building us in then why haven’t we found him yet? He disappeared with the rest of our universe like everyone else we’ve run into. Could he be out there waiting for us to come home? That we’ve only been gone a year like Jazmin with James or Garth and Ayla?” Tinya sat up her blue eyes watering with hope of finding her baby boy.

“It's possible. We don’t exactly understand how this universe building everyone in. it might not work the same way for Cub.”

“What other way could it work?” Tinya’s voice cold with the thought that Jo didn’t think Cub was out there.

“Maybe we have to remake him. If he’s not here already then maybe we need to create him for the first time.” Jo tried his best to wrap his head around this reality bending stuff but even this might be a stretch.

“You just want to make love again Jo.” Tinya lightly slapped Jo’s bare chest.

“Ouch. Yes…I mean of course. Always Angel but this reality seems to be recreating some of our history to adjust, like with Mano. So maybe that’s something we have to do again.”

“Maybe. But Jo do you think we could spend some of this weekend looking for Cub?”

“Of course angel.”

At the end of Space and Time at a place known simply as Vanishing point

Sitting atop of a brown throne made of decaying and rebuilding itself rock as the void that is at the end of time space sits behind The Time Trapper’s Throne. The winds of time and change gently rush past The Time Trapper

“OOooo…Mama…” a small baby with black hair marveled at the balls of light before him floating in mid air his thick head of hair gently glowing around as he lay in the arms of the Time Trapper as he reached out for the balls of light.

“Yes little one that’s your mama and eventually you’ll be able to return to her.” a gray bandaged warped finger gently tapped the baby’s nose and he began cooing and laughing again grabbing hold of the bandaged hand.

Last edited by Omni; 02/06/16 05:27 PM.

Omni #886867 02/04/16 01:55 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Unknown Location:

“Hmmm….Kari…are you there?” Brin’s eyes were weak as he tried to open them in his cage.

“Timber Legion.”

“Kari?!” Brin sat up right. He hadn’t heard a response from Kari is almost a week since that monster separated the two of them after their last attempt at trying to escape.

“Haha. Someone’s off his game. Couldn’t even see or smell that was me.” Grimbor chuckled.

“RAWWWWW” Brin roared grabbing through the bars of his cell. This one was much simpler than all the others Grimbor had put him in but he still couldn’t break free.

“HHAHAHA. Good try Timber Legion. I still haven’t gotten into what all this Legion nonsense.

“I told you we’ll never talk.”

“Oh and I have no interest in you talking and especially today because I have some things to show you.” Grimbor’s smile was wide as he stepped back revealing a holo screen.

“See, I bet you’re wondering what it could be and I also bet your wondering why you feel so weak and can’t break out of a simple cage. Well they are connected” Grimbor’s brown eyes sparkled as he led Timber Legion down the rabbit whole.

“What did you do to me?” Brin’s sharp teeth showing.

“Watch the video.” Grimbor turned and started playing back a video of someone breaking into a bunch of different places. His body all black jumping quickly from roof tops and from alley ways almost flying at times. But never once is there a good shot of the burglar’s face or anything distinguishing him from the shadows besides his moments.

“What’s this? Why are you showing me a thief?”

“Look closer at the movement’s dog.” Grimbor said nothing else.

Brin concentrated his eyes straining to see the screen as is. But his accelerated healing had finally started kicking in allowing his eyes to adjust a bit better. As Brin watched he watched in horror as he saw himself leaping from building and breaking into labs, stores and various other places.

“How? When? I haven’t left this place. I’ve been out for days….”Brin’s voice trailed off as he realized his body had been used against him.

“Hmmm isn’t it wonderful what these little nannites can do and with the modifications I gave them I was able to turn off your consciousness and make you the perfect slave.” Grimbor beamed at pride for corrupting an already corrupted device.

“See the nannites could already control you and your powers but your mind wouldn’t be shut off and I made sure to inject you the first day you were here in case you were wondering when you got injected. But then I extracted a few and tinkered with those and then put them back and well here you are.” Grimbor smiled and gestured at Brin who looked down and he had been stripped of his Legion uniform and put into a black body suit with small spikes covers his feet hands and shoulders.

“Don’t worry they are retractable. Think about it and it will happen.”

Brin did as he suggested and the spikes were gone.

“The suit is modeled to respond to your commands. It was a prototype I was working on for Brande. But he felt it too violent.”

“Why am I in this suit and being your little thief?” Brin’s chest heaved with anger at being used against his will.

“Oh because you are my hound now. You both are.”

“NO!” Brin froze in horror as Shikari stepped from the shadows her bio-armor activated but with red circuitry entwined across her body and a head crown connected to the blue jewel at the center of her forehead.

“Oh yes. Now I’ll be able to steal anything to make my weapons with my hounds at my side!”

Last edited by Omni; 02/06/16 06:49 PM.

Omni #886996 02/08/16 01:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Umbra training Lazon was fun, and Candi threatening to bop him one. Looks like Lazon might actually be a good guy this time around!

Some nice familiar Beta Cadet names. Flare, Kent, Porcupine pete, Calamity King, Color Kid, Mandalla! And of course Sussa, Lydda and Theena. I smell a good adventure coming.

Ferro and Berta would make an interesting couple. Berta was bordering on condescending there, but you did a nice job of showing her nice side.

Oh no, Brin and Kari are in big trouble... looking forward to seeing Grimbor get what is coming to him.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 2/17/2016
Omni #887598 02/17/16 03:00 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outer reaches of Space en route to the planet Daxam.

M’Onel speed from earth at first light. He knew only Val would be up on the roof doing his morning meditations. Even though he was sad to be leaving the Legion to fend for themselves, he needed to take this mission. He had spent a thousand years in the Stasis Zone and finally found his way out thanks to the Legion. But since that day he hadn’t had much of a life outside of the Legion and the last few years with the void it was like being a phantom all over again but worse. He loved the team and they were his family now. But he had nothing in this time and this reality and he wondered if the only way to cement himself to this reality was to have him re imprisoned in the Stasis Zone and then rereleased as he didn’t have any family or friends who to bond with in this reality. The stars streaked by M’Onel’s eyes as he realized how much he missed out on in life. He had reconciled losing his family a long time ago and if his re imprisonment was his destiny as it seem he was going to except that. But not without finding something in this reality that might be his something else. The streaks of stars quickly shifted to little dots as M’Onel slowed his speed. In little under an hour under his own flight power he made great time and was starting to feel the effects of the red sun that presided over his home planet.

“After a thousand years this view is still breath taking.” M’Onel stared into the galaxy that housed his home world. The red sun shining bright as its light touched far past Daxam, the 4th closets planet to the giant red orb. While the celestial gases wafted through the dark matter of space shifting from a gently lavender to golden blues and twinkling stars. M’Onel flew closer he saw the barriers and signs that warned all those to leave the area turning this view into a police state force fields shimmering in and out of phase as comets struck it. There were satellites surrounding the planet floating lifelessly. M’Onel was still a few light years away but used his telescopic vision to spy a head. Seeing a ship fly near the satellites M’Onel watched curiously as to what would happen to anyone who entered their space.

“Attention unidentified ship if you do not posses any Daxmaites aboard please turn around. There is a strict quarantine in affect.” The calm recorded voice echoed out to M’Onel’s super hearing.

“Requesting entry. Running low on fuel. Need to refuel and be on our way. Stranded for three months.” A shaky voice called out over a com link.

“Repeat there is quarantine in affect if you do not have any Daxmaites on board you are not allowed entry. Failure to comply will be met with extreme force.”

“Extreme force?” M’Onel thought to himself.

“Requesting entry!” The voice on the ship called again moving forwards towards the satellites. The satellites slowly spun into position their solar panels pulsing with energy waves.

“They’re going to fire on that ship!” M’Onel gasped as he pushed himself using his flight ring to help propel him faster through the void of space. The stars were nothing but streaks as his vision was fixated on the satellites pulsing solar panels as their final pulse its red rays speeding towards the tiny ship. M’Onel’s speed got him there in the nick of time and with the last bit of strength and invulnerability he had as the red sun sapped his powers to send the ship in the direction of the nearest welcoming planet in the system. The red solar pulse from the satellites his M’Onel head on draining him of all his power. The only thing keeping him alive was in the vacuum of space was his fight ring.

“You’ve been identified as Daxamite. Welcome home son of Daxam.” The satellites greeted M’Onel as he floated in space for a moment dazed and confused before he gently floated towards an away station that had sent out astronauts on a tether to help bring him in.

Last edited by Omni; 02/17/16 03:02 PM.

Omni #887599 02/17/16 03:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu

“Dear Journal, 6.1.3014

I’ve been spending a lot of time in the city of Gobu over the past several weeks. The city that was once the center of the invention world for Colu was infested and destroyed is now making its way back and I feel so happy to be a part of that and to be able to help. I know this may seem a bit selfish but I’m honestly just happy for something to do and for people to interact with. Virx is a delight I spend much of my time with him helping fix the building around the city that have fallen to decay. I clear the debris and I’ve even helped him design a couple of the new building. Virx is a cybernetic being now and he’s designed a charging and information uploading system that could work similar to the sleepnet. I’ve been helping build the actual installations using my heat vision to solder circuits together. He’s very funny for a Coluian. It might be due to his age and change to from humanoid to cybernetic being but he likes to tell jokes and antidotes of his youth in trying to discover and invent so many wonderful things that could change the world. His proudest invention the fusion reactor which powers Gobu.

Brainy says that it is a rather impressive power system and he can’t wait to duplicate and improve is process to integrate it into the rest of Colu. This reactor could power Colu for the next 1000 years before running out of initial power never mind reserves. I think Brainy is just happy to be working somewhere that is nowhere near Representative Gux and the high council. They were running him ragged but this was a high priority project and it kept Brainy out of their hair just as much as them out of his. But Brainy still isn’t here as much as I am and when he is I barely see him. He spends much of his time with Brainiac 4 working on resigns of the city’s power grids and plumbing. The two of them seem to get along well. Both of them are super efficient and neither waste time with niceties. Brainiac 4 I know that’s his mother but it worries me to see him with her. She’s been seemingly nice and helpful in rebuilding Gobu. I know this is a different reality and her she may not be a homicidal maniac but I can’t shake this feeling that she’s not all the seams. She’s been working on how to implement the cybernetic “virus” for lack of a better word for those who want to become a cybernetic being. Brainiac 4 said the process to transform her wasn’t the most pleasant or the most efficient and recuperating time was too long. She’s taken a very big interest in repopulating the cybernetic beings. Virx is glad she’s so enthusiastic. He won’t admit it but I know that in the end the reason he’s on board with her changing the process is because he doesn’t want to die being the only cybernetic being. He’s taken solace in his life as one and has truly become at peace and thinks of himself as enlightened.

He and Brainiac 4 seem to have some relationship. I’m not sure if it’s because of the interfacing that they do as cybernetic beings or if it’s genuine feelings. But at the end of the day I’ve seen the two of them sitting near the docks watching as their ancient city beings to sparkle again. Maybe this Brainiac 4 isn’t as bad as our reality’s Brainiac 4. But I haven’t spent enough time with her to know. She seems to avoid me when Virx and Brainy aren’t around. But I’ll have to work on changing that if I’m to help rebuild Gobu. Virx’s health isn’t always the best and he’s been having a few break downs that have taken both of them from the project.

I won’t like lie but even though I’m enjoying having the company I rather enjoy rebuilding Gobu. It’s much like when I was with the Sisters of the Eternal Cosmos. We helped worlds heal after disasters and during times of rebirth. Gobu’s rebirth might be my own in a sense. In a way it gives me something to have here on Colu since I’m here indefinitely. The city’s redesign is beautiful each building is iridescent is some shape or form but some of the strongest I’ve ever seen. We’ve put them to the test with me smashing away at their bases and causing earthquakes nearby while redirecting the sledge systems and fixing the underground electrical wiring and thermal pipes. They’ve barely budged, only shaking for a nano of a second on the outer most shell. Brainiac 4 is designing this place both visually pleasing but as a fortress. I think Virx made it clear he wanted Gobu to never be able to be taken again. Not by the likes of the Computer Tyrants or anyone else. I’ll be heading back out to Gobu later today. I’m excited to be there. I really am. I just wish I saw more of Brainy still. I’ve pushed him into dinners with me at least once a week and he’s held up his end of the bargain. He’s thrown himself into his work to not think about Lyle he finally admitted. I hate seeing Brainy so sad. He doesn’t think I know when he’s sad. But I do. Maybe I could arrange for Lyle to visit…I could probably fly to Earth and back no problem and bring Lyle on the Legion’s mini cruiser. I’ll figure something out to cheer him up. That’s all for today journal I’ve got to head to Gobu.

May the stars bless this journey and may my path be eternally grateful.

Last edited by Omni; 02/17/16 03:05 PM.

Omni #887600 02/17/16 03:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Level 4: Meeting room for the Beta Cadets

Roll Call:
Cadet Susa Pak of Earth - Super-strong prehensile hair.
Cadet Lydda Jath of Kathoon –Super strong in absolute darkness and space.
Cadet Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting through.
Cadet Kent Shakespeare of Earth - Limited invulnerability super speed and Super strength. Medical knowledge. Greater physical stamina. But requires sleep after.
Cadet Lizz Sunrizze of Thanotopsia - Creates balls of fire that she can control their direction/target. Flight.
Cadet Nepheus of Beltair IV -Water control and generation
Cadet Amber - of J586 - Able to project a gel like substance
Cadet Ray Sah - of Rimbor - Convert light energy into malleable forms, such as flight and destructive beams of light.
Cadet Tari Wahlmunn - of Takron-Galtos -Project thought spheres to engulf targets causing hallucinatory distorting effects by interfering with ones bio-electrical system.
Cadet Peter Dursin- of Earth –Meta human with quills all over his body that he can fire at will
Cadet Noorr-ni't of Gryx - Flight. Elongated arms. Heighted senses of vision. Mutant at birth born with reptilian skin.
Gra-Malla of Figa - Shadow walker and living shadow
Cadet E. Davis Ester of Touston - Ability to cause accidents and disasters
Cadet Mori of Earth - Flight, super speed, slipstream tail that creates a dazzling light.
Cadet Ulu Vakk of Lupra- Ability to change the colors of people and objects. can also project beams of the color black, blinding opponents

“Welcome Cadets. You fifteen are the brightest among out Beta Cadets and this weekend you’re going to get a taste of what it’s like to be an Alpha Cadet. Which means being on call at all times for any mission that may come up. Now this weekend you’ll be working in groups of five and will be taking missions over the next three days with myself and my fellow instructors Sergeant Shvaughn and Officer Cuzmon. Now I’ll be with all of you on Sunday, while Officer Cuzmon will be on Saturday and Sergeant Shvaughn will be the commanding officer for the rest of today. So welcome Beta Cadets. This is your shot to prove yourselves. Sergeant you have the floor.” Captain Allon stepped aside from the center table the three of them stood in front of.

“Thank you Captain. Now this weekend is going to be tough. Each of us runs this ship different as I’m sure each of you is aware from your classes and training sessions.”

Officer Cuzmon winked and did a mock guy with her left hand shooting at several of the Cadets in the Audience who smiled.

“As I was saying…we each are different in our styles but still have the same desire to see you all succeed and do well. I’m going to split you up into your groups and those are the groups for the rest of the weekend unless a mission needs more than one group. The groups are as follows.” Sergeant Shvaughn tapped her omnicom bringing up the cadets photos arranging them by squad.

“Squad one: Cadets Jath, Malla, Vakk, Nepheus and Mori.
Squad two: Cadets Dursin, Sah, Shakespeare, E.Davis Ester, and Noorr-ni’t.
And finally squad three, Cadets Wahlmunn, Amber, Pak and Sunrizze.”

“What about me Sergeant?” Cadet Theena asked gently raising her yellow tinted hand.

“Yes actually, Cadet Theena you’re going to be staying here at the Academy as a coordinating system for the Cadets.” Sergeant Erin said.

“But I could be really useful in the field. i can get any almost all information about any potential suspects with a mere touch and I’ve been learning to work with the symbiote to be defensive. He protects me. His arms move to shield me from most physical attacks and the viewing mirrors reflect energy attacks now.” Cadet Theena pleaded her case.

“That may be true but until we test those capabilities we want you hear.” Captain Allon spoke up hoping to sooth the young woman’s angst at not getting to go on a real mission.

“Yes Captain.” Theena simply lowered her head. She wasn’t happy but she couldn’t argue with Captains orders.

“So that’s leaving my squad a cadet short. That’s not exactly fair.” Cadet Pak pointed out.

“You’re right that’s not exactly fair and that is why one of the Alpha cadets who didn’t want to take the weekend off has agreed to join in on this exercise.” Captain Allon gestured towards the door. Instantly the steel door slide into the wall revealing a small slender girl of no more than 5’3” with short black hair cut to a bob at her chin.

“Cadets this is Cadet Ming Sul or more affectionately known among her Alpha cadets as Amp as she is able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging affect.” Captain Allon announced.
“Basically once I’ve tagged you I can amp you and depending on what is going on it can last the whole mission. But as a side note I let everyone know that if I “amp” you, you may experience a sort of “crash” on whatever I amped. But no pain no gain I say.” Cadet Sul smiled simply as she gave a small shrug trying to give a positive spin.

“So we get an Alpha cadet who also makes us more powerful?” Cadet Wahlmunn raised her hand tentatively while speaking.

“Essentially Yes.” Sergeant Shvaughn answered.

“Ha! Sign me up!” Cadet Sunrizze yelped as she gave Cadet Pak a finger wiggle to her pensile hair.

“Alright Cadets. Let’s look at the mission Board and see what we’ve got for you guys to learn.” Sergeant Shvaughn. The holo screen before them lit up as the mission board shimmered before them.

----------------------------------------------------------------
*Cadet Ming Sul is inspired by the great job Invisible Brainiac is doing with that character over in his thread.
**and her power set and draw backs are taken from talks with Set.

Last edited by Omni; 02/18/16 04:52 PM.

Omni #887612 02/18/16 02:04 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
The Daxam and Colu threads continue to be interesting. Daxam is scary... seems xenophobic and more aggressive, unlike canon Daxam which officially was a good UP member

Nice to see Brainy and his mom get along, but will it last?

Loving the Beta Cadets. I like how you made Theena useful in the field and I am sure she will get a taste of action soon.

More Lori H dial forms I see! Fireball, Slipstream and Dinah-Soar? Cool!

Thanks for the shout out for Amp! Pleased that you are using her!

Looking forward to more more more!

Page 16 of 37 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,077
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star