Roll Call
1 members (Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker, Legion Tracker), 22 Murran Spies, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/25/24 06:56 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Recommend some comics podcasts
#921278 01/28/17 04:20 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
I've got my podcast feed caught up, so I'm in the market for some new comics podcasts. Any suggestions? I prefer index shows that take a particular title, run, or era and go through it issue by issue. And while this is less of a requirement, I do prefer shows that can poke affectionate fun of a book's dated/cheesy/overdone aspects, over shows that treat comics commentary as Very Serious Business. I'm currently listening to:

Titan Up the Defense: After the previous iteration of "Teen Titans Wasteland" covered the entire 60s/70s Titans books, this recently relaunced incarnation now alternates between the Wolfmam/Perez Titans and the original 70s Defender comics.

The Bwah-Hah-Hah podcast: A monthly podcast devoted, you will not be surprised to hear, to the Giffen/DeMatteis Justice League.

X-Aspirations: a husband and wife team covering the X-Men, starting from #1 in the silver age and having just completed the Dark Phoenix saga. This podcast has slowed way down, but they still manage to get out a few new episodes every year.

Re: Recommend some comics podcasts
Brain-Fall-Out Boy #921408 01/31/17 01:57 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Our very own Exnihil has a terrific podcast on DC magic & supernatural characters, from the silver age on up. You can find it here:

http://thomaslanese.com/

Brain-Fall-Out Boy #921526 02/02/17 01:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thanks for the plug Dave (and welcome back, other Dave!)

So... podding it forward, allow me to recommend a few that I dig:

First and foremost for any Legion fan is, of course The Legion of Substitute Podcasters:

http://www.legionofsubstitutepodcasters.com

Not strictly chronological, rather it interweaves several chronological waves. So, like, you'll get a stretch of the Adventure run, then some Baxter, then 3-boot, etc. They are in their eighth year and I highly recommend it. (Especially episode #425... where I did a guest appearance wink )

Also on the Legion front, though sadly defunct, was Super Future Friends:

http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

They were absolutely hilarious in their chronological Silver Age reviews, but - I believe - retired the show to focus on their art.

Also hilarious, and still ongoing, is a show I really dig, called Comics Talk Comics:

http://comicstalkcomics.libsyn.com

It's three stand-up comedians (who also happen to be comic fans) reviewing the worst comics in their collections. Rated PG at times.

Not strictly comics, but well worth a listen, is a show called Dorkness to Light:

http://dorknesstolight.blogspot.com/search/label/podcast

an examination of the intersection of religion and geek culture. At a bare minimum, episode 7 (their review of DC's Kingdom Come) is amazing.

That's off the top of my head, I'll likely add a few more later.

Brain-Fall-Out Boy #922253 02/19/17 07:48 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
There's also a fairly new Legion of Superheroes podcast at the Major Spoilers site, The Legion Clubhouse.

Two episodes so far, on the very early issues.

Holy Cats of Egypt!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,940
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
EuroMutt
EuroMutt
Lancaster, PA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star