Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/26/24 06:57 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:51 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/25/24 08:03 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your Favorite X-Marvel Telepath
#944781 02/22/18 05:53 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I always think the Giant Size X-Men line up is THE X-MEN line up but ... there's no telepath/psychic and Thunderbird and Wolverine and Nightcrawler somewhat are redundant. So replacing Thunderbird (or Wolvie) with a telepath ... who's best?

I left out Emma Frost, Psylocke and maybe others you might feel like writing in, in a post below:

Best X-Telepath
multiple choice, up to 3 choices
Votes accepted starting: 02/22/18 05:53 PM
Last edited by Power Boy; 02/22/18 05:54 PM.
Re: Your Favorite X-Marvel Telepath
Power Boy #944795 02/23/18 02:00 AM
Active
Active
With two votes in, my choice is in a surely unassailable lead, although I question the degree to which they really qualifies as a telepath. Emma Frost would have made my top three for sure.

Power Boy #944814 02/23/18 11:10 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Psylocke in original body.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Power Boy #945083 03/01/18 01:13 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Mirage it is!

Her Valkyrie-ness is too much. She's been all over the place actually. But I think she could be more a general psychic that works on empathy with animals, maybe humans and ... a general illusionist. maybe simple telepathy.

I am a big fan of original Psylocke. New Pyslocke is just so wrong.

I left out Emma Frost and Psylocke because I thought they get so much airtime. (Although I put in Jean)

Power Boy #945084 03/01/18 01:14 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
So Mirage clearly needs her own book / tv show.

Can't wait for the New Mutants horror film.

Power Boy #945099 03/01/18 09:21 PM
Active
Active
I liked original recipe Psylocke at the time, but I'm not so sure now. I've come to realize how much I used to like the C-listers just because they were C-listers. I think I was a 7 year old hipster, liking the heroes before they were cool.

So now I'mm starting to split them into ones I genuinely like (Elongated Man, Black Canary, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk) and ones only liked because they were less exposed (Red Tornado, original Human Torch, Hawkeye, Bat-Girl)

Sorry Bette Kane fans. There were some interesting things done with her in the 90s and 00s, but I feel it's safe to say that her appearance in 70s Teen Titans didn't win me over by the force of her fascinating character.

Power Boy #945170 03/03/18 08:08 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I voted for Rachel, Dani and Monet. Any of them would have been cool additions at that time. While I like Rachel, she would be my last choice, just because she's kind of Jean Lite, in appearance and powers, while Dani and M are more unique. As part of the All-New All-Different team, Dani would have made a good replacement for Thunderbird (assuming that she didn't suffer the same fate!).

Again, while I love Monet, she might have been a little 'too big' for that group, which generally consisted of mutants who had one power, while Monet has telepathy, flight, super-strength, toughness and possibly super-speed and superhuman intelligence, depending on what's canon...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Power Boy #945177 03/03/18 11:32 PM
Active
Active
If you're taking out Thunderbird, Mirage would also be a good balance to the goal of diversity. OTOH, if we're going with the ACTUAL theme of "Storm plus a bunch of white "diverse" characters, Chamber would be most appropriate. And he and Banshee could definitely dish out that X-Men interpersonal conflict, although England/Ireland might have been a bit too non-metaphorical for them.

Brain-Fall-Out Boy #945187 03/04/18 08:52 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Brain-Fall-Out Boy
I liked original recipe Psylocke at the time, but I'm not so sure now. I've come to realize how much I used to like the C-listers just because they were C-listers.
Sorry Bette Kane fans... There were some interesting things done with her in the 90s and 00s, but I feel it's safe to say that her appearance in 70s Teen Titans didn't win me over by the force of her fascinating character.

I liked Betty Kane off the back of a George Perez Who's Who picture. I didn't know much about Titans East, and was wondering if it worked like the Avengers titles. So, I agree that reading the actual issues she was in, didn't make me a huge fan.

I should say that I liked original Psylocke, as written by Alan Moore, more than the Claremont-homage-to-Moore-stories version. Although se got to have good moments there too.

Originally Posted by set, or thoth Prime
Again, while I love Monet, she might have been a little 'too big' for that group, which generally consisted of mutants who had one power, while Monet has telepathy, flight, super-strength, toughness and possibly super-speed and superhuman intelligence, depending on what's canon...

Although I don't know much about her, I was struck by Monet seeming like a DC super-hero dropped into the usually more constrained Marvel-verse.

Originally Posted by Brain-Fall-Out Boy
OTOH, if we're going with the ACTUAL theme of "Storm plus a bunch of white "diverse" characters, Chamber would be most appropriate. And he and Banshee could definitely dish out that X-Men interpersonal conflict, although England/Ireland might have been a bit too non-metaphorical for them.

Prof Xavier: Warren, please tell us why you're leaving the All-new, All-Different X-Men.
Angel: You know why, professor. It's Wolverine.
Prof Xavier: Because he's a pointy-clawed psychopath with no redeeming features, who I choose to keep around a body of students?
Angel: Not that Professor... he's a ... Protestant!
Banshee: >gasp!< And ye're not?!

For the Next Year: Schism: The Heresy. Across all 500 astonishing, yet uncanny, X-Issues!

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
thoth lad #945214 03/04/18 06:08 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Although I don't know much about her, I was struck by Monet seeming like a DC super-hero dropped into the usually more constrained Marvel-verse.

Heh, she's not the Martian Manhunter, or Composite Superman, by any stretch, but, by X-peep standards, she is fully loaded with all the extras. For that reason, even though she is a telepath, I tend to not think of her as a team telepath, since she's got so much other stuff going on. (Much like Rogue, who technically has the mutant power to absorb other people's powers and knowledge, and knock them out with a touch, but has spent the last two decades being a flying brick and barely ever even trying to learn to use and control her actual mutant power, making her darn near Xavier's worst 'student' ever.)

But yeah, Dani's my number one choice. More ladies on the All-New All-Different roster would have been a plus, and replacing Thunderbird with her would have been a wash, diversity-wise (and a huge bonus in that, unlike James Proudstar, Dani isn't a huge tool).

And what's with native American characters having 'star' in their last name? Proudstar. Moonstar. Dawnstar... Yeesh!

Replacing Cyclops with Jean Grey would have been a bold choice for a different sort of All-New All-Different lineup, with the connective tie to the original five being Jean, instead of Scott, and her adding another strong lady to the lineup.

Then again, Jean and Ororo, teamed up with Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Banshee comes across as 'two powerful ladies and their mid-tier or lower backup singers...' (Which could be fun!)

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,948
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Timothy
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star