Roll Call
1 members (thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad, thoth lad), 25 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 05/02/24 08:41 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:55 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:52 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 04:44 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:40 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by stile86 - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by razsolo - 05/02/24 04:33 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Legion Worlds 5 (updated 28 May 2018)
Harbinger #950221 05/28/18 04:06 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Phew! The scene with Mandalla really drove home the extent of Psyche’s manipulations. It’s definitely not easy for the team to fight old friends.

All the ingredients for a big showdown are here - love the looks into the conflicting motivations for Doug and Sister Eclipse, she is such a dear and one of my favorites among your original characters

nice illustration of Mandalla’s powers, better than anything I imagined

Your Psyche is quite frightening and sadistic, well done setting her up

as always, looking forward to more!

Harbinger #950222 05/28/18 04:23 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thanks again B, 6 or 8 or so posts to go until this story comes to it's conclusion, then we'll get a new leader, new members and a wedding before the end of LW5.

Interesting times ahead...

Thanks again, always love reading your feedback.

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #950225 05/28/18 04:52 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
My pleasure Harbi, I so enjoy reading your work.

Oh, how exciting. I'm sure some of your more promising students will get promoted, but I'm also sure you will have some great surprises for us! Looking forward to seeing the next leader, and for the lovely wedding scene.

Re: Legion Worlds 5 (updated 15 June 2018)
Harbinger #951775 06/15/18 03:55 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Andromeda burst through the wall before Ferro.

The time spun Kryptonian Legionnaire smiled coyly as she hovered towards him.

“Hey Doug... you know I kinda liked you? I’d rather not have to break anything but you’re coming with me now, okay?”

“Kara, don’t do this. Psyche is twisting your mind, you can fight it... please.” He backed away, his hands held up in front of him.

“Maybe... but whatever’s she’s doing to me I feel better... freer that I ever have. You’re gonna love it, trust me honey, you’ll have a blast.”

“Kara... please, you have to listen. She’ll have you committing atrocities in her name, I've seen it happen already. Please...” If Ferro's tearducts had been flesh at that point he would have cried.

“Douglas, I’m gonna count to five and if you haven’t stepped forward I’m gonna have to hurt you. One... two...”

<Douglas> Sister Eclipse said within the steel skinned mutants mind <If you get close to her I will transfer to Kara, perhaps we....> her sentence was cut off as Andromeda swooped and slapped a pair of incapacity cuffs onto his wrist rendering him unconscious.

Andromeda caught his ankle and dragged him behind her as she flew through the dreadnought towards her mistress.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Harbinger #951776 06/15/18 03:56 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Babbage had lost an arm in the scuffle.

This proved to ultimately assist the Legionnaires as they fought against their Daxamite opponents as it continued to fire dart missiles from a housing in the forearm and so distract two of their opponents enough for Thunder to slap incapacity cuffs on them before she over powered the third. The Robotican retrieved the arm before it could float away and as it pushed the damage limb against the ripped shoulder the ragged edge of the arm seemed to grow wires to interlock with the stump it had been torn off of.

<It will take a day or so to fully reconnect but will suffice for now>

<Good to know> Thunder replied, without really looking <We need help here Babbage... I don't believe our colleagues would have succeeded so where stealth failed perhaps it's time for a more direct approach. Follow me.> The daughter of the 21st century despot called Black Adam flew away from the dreadnought into space.

Very quickly she located Cosmic Kid and the Green Lantern. Dkyun Mu held over a dozen captives within spheres of emerald energy, the construct the Xudarian had made looked somewhat like a child's model of the molecular make up of a compound - spheres connected by supporting struts.

Thunder had fifteen incapacity cuffs in a pouch on her belt. She gave these to the Green Lantern and asked if they could be slipped onto the captives so to free up the concentration needed to help with a frontal assault on their opponent's dreadnought. As the cuffs were being placed onto the struggling captives several of the students flew into sight... Ultra Girl and Non swooped in on the Legionnaires reporting that they had been helping Cosmic Boy, who would be along shortly as Southern Lights carried him to them.

<So, what's the plan Thunder> Cosmic Kid asked while they waited for the Legion founder and the student from Starhaven.

<If no-one else has any ideas I'd suggest we hit fast and hard, don't give our opponents time to rally> She replied along the telepathic comm relay.

<I think you might be right Cece, there's a time for subtlety and a time for strength...> Cosmic Boy had joined them, and with his approval of the idea they set about planning what to do, where to hit and who would do what.

Harbinger #951777 06/15/18 03:57 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Even unconscious and under a neural neutralizer Imra Ardeen proved to have incredibly tough mental barriers.

Psyche smiled tightly; she had thought this might happen. As Saturn Girl she was the matriarch of this realities Legion and for her to be anything less than formidable was not unexpected. Around the edges of the mental shield that protected the core of Imra's being their leaked a warmth and love that Psyche knew was being used to fuel this extraordinary mental feat. She smiled broadly.

Let Saturn Girl think her shields were holding, but once the Legion was defeated Psyche planned on dropping in on any stray Legionnaire and converting them to her cause. She had learned the hard way that those no longer active could still prove a threat. Perhaps if she had this realities Garth Ranzz murder his children slowly, one by one, in front of Imra Ardeen then the empath would get the opening she needed to infect Saturn Girl with all the fear and anger that was needed to assume control of her opponent... it was certainly an idea to consider.

Without the Dark Circle to censor her in this reality Psyche was planning on having so much fun.

Harbinger #951778 06/15/18 03:57 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Invisible Kid and the young illusion caster Magnus Laviksen had crept into the command deck.

It had looked as if a hurricane had blasted through it with debris and damaged paneling littering the large room. A large amount of the control desks were damaged and there were several unconscious bodies on the floor. There was an air of nervous panic as technicians and command staff rushed around trying to take back control of the dreadnought.

Jacques had kept his hand on the young man from Nordhelm, encasing him in the invisibility field that kept the Legionnaire out of sight. As there was so much activity going on around them the Legionnaire risked whispering a message.

"We need to find our colleaguez, free th'm and regroup... we must be tres careful now mon ami... c'mon. "

With that Jacques pulled Magnus behind him as they crept through the command deck towards the exit on the other side.

Harbinger #951779 06/15/18 03:58 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Douglas Nolan had no concept of how long he had been unconscious.

It was Sister Eclipse's voice that woke him up as she whispered to him in his sleep. Her voice echoed and reverberated, as if she were talking through a thin metal tube... what finally woke him up was the muffled sound of his own voice replying to her!

<It must be the telepaths under Psyche's control... pulling our consciousnesses apart from each other.>

Doug realized that his eyes were open already though he could not focus properly so the world around him looked as if he were staring through the waters of a pool... there were people around him, standing over him though the light was dim so he could not make out features clearly.

<He is awake now> the other Doug voice said.

<Man, this is... weird. What's goin' on?> Despite his best efforts to rub a hand across his brow he found he could not move.

<Doug...> said the voice that was the other Douglas Nolan that he had merged with years ago. <Andromeda is holding us... We gotta get out of here> A wave of cold fear washed over him as he remembered how they had gotten here: Andromeda had caught them and must have brought them to this place. Psyche had them!

"I can feel that you are both finally fully awake Mr Nolan... I do hope you're comfortable." Psyche's voice interrupted. "By now I'm sure you must realize what's about to happen. Your two minds are being separated from each other, though don't worry you'll both still be in the one body. I just hope you two will get along... somehow I doubt it though." And with that the evil empath started to laugh.

<Get her closer...> Sister Eclipse hissed. It was the first time that Doug, either of them, had heard her voice sound anything other than calm and content. There was an edge of desperation. <...you need to get your hands on her>

The alternate Doug had control over their body and started to writhe and move spasmodically as if entering a fit. It was a ploy to attract the evil empathy towards them, but after ten seconds of this frantic action and Psyche still remaining away from the young steel skinned mutant Sister Eclipse decided that she would need to deal with the situation. Psyche was obviously monitoring them with her prodigious abilities but appeared to be unaware that the reptilian Legionnaire was also involved. <Apologies Douglas but I fear I don't have a choice...> and with that she took full possession of her hosts body, immediately rendering the two mutant's minds inert.

Harbinger #951780 06/15/18 04:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm on the edge of my seat, Harbi!

Sister Eclipse taking control, this will be great to watch!

Two Dougs in one body... oh dear... now that the two are being separated, what consequences will that hold?

Rather scary to think that the Dark Circle was, in fact, tempering Psyche's atrocities... You've really created a very scary villain!

I laughed at Babbage's detached arm still being operational wink Nice touch! Thunder, Cos and company to the rescue, I love these big cavalry scenes.

I'm so excited to see what happens next, and you are an expert at ratcheting up the tension across multiple fronts/scenes, while still having a very clear flow of the overall situation. I feel like I can follow everything happening without getting lost!

As always, more, more, more!

Harbinger #951973 06/18/18 07:10 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Some really good post here Harbinger.

I'm praying and hoping that Sister Eclipse has taken over in time and can stop Psyche.

Saturn Girl is a rock and I know she will pull through.

Kara...Kara... frown

Jaques and the illusion caster are so close.

I understand Jed's anger but at the same point I'm also like this is war and their will be causalities.

Babbaage's arm was a cool trick. The A.I. community have so much to offer in battles.

Cos and Thunder's team looks to be pretty strong. Just gotta bring all these stray teams in! I'm looking forward to that battle for sure!

Can't wait for more.

Last edited by Omni; 06/18/18 07:11 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Harbinger #952080 06/20/18 03:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Man, Psyche is a super nasty piece of work! She makes a great villain!

The tension is great, I can't wait to see what happens next! It's not often the whole team is involved and it still comes down this close to the wire, excellent work Harbi! smile

Re: Legion Worlds 5 (completed 26 June 2018)
Harbinger #952451 06/26/18 02:44 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thunder, Cosmic Boy, Cosmic Kid and the student Ultra Girl led the attack.

Behind them, Babbage and the students Southern Lights and Non provided rear support. This was standard Legion protocol - a Strike and a Shield team, as they were usually designated. Strike went in first while Shield kept up just behind the attacking force, checking for anyone who may need assistance and to protect the Strike teams rear.

Cosmic Boy reached out with his magnokinesis and tore two loading doors apart. Thunder and Ultra Girl dived through, determined to clear the immediate area of any potential trouble. The Legionnaires would give themselves a beach head from which to attack their opponent on their own turf. Once Cece had given the all clear Rokk quickly flew into the cavernous loading bay.

"Ship sensors say there's a cluster of the team around there... Ferro, Andromeda, Brainiac 5, Sister Eclipse, Dr Kabbo, Harmonia, Invisible Kid... The Spear of Artemis and Retro are down on a lower deck." Li-Fahn Qiong, Ultra Girl, said. The young woman from Xanthu stood at a holo screen pointing towards an area above and Galactic West of their current position. "Here's the locations of everyone that's in our way...." Red dots appeared on the screen, there were several dozen of them

"Li-Fahn, can you plot a course that's efficient but doesn't involve us encountering too many of those in the way?" Thunder asked as she landed beside the student. The Shazam empowered Legionnaire had spend several seconds dismantling the dozen shuttle crafts that currently stood in the bay.

"Ah.... yup, here." A blue line appeared on the holo before them.

"Good work." Rokk Krinn said over the two women's shoulders. There was definitely a sense of pride in his words. Without looking around at him Ultra Girl gave a small smile.

"Okay... so here's what we'll do..."

The Green Lantern had retreated a little from the two groups in space and concentrated. After the Legionnaires had all made their way into the dreadnought she focused her will on creating an emerald skin around the great ship. Once that was complete she reinforced it ensuring the no-one inside would be able to get outside. Her role was to contain the fight and while she knew it was necessary to ensure that no-one escaped she secretly missed the thrill of engaging in the battle directly.

Dkyun Mu chittered to herself as this thought flew across her mind. A year ago when she had first been asked to join the Legion she had only been a Green Lantern for a few weeks and was still unsure of herself in the role. Now, after a year with the Terran adventurers she felt ready to take on any of the problems the universe could throw at her... Perhaps Soddam Yat had been right to give her the Oan power ring after all.

Harbinger #952452 06/26/18 02:45 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The synthetic intruders made their way through the airlock into the giant methane sea filled chamber where Tellus resided. The Hykaian Legion was not there and the soldiers were not expecting any other living being to be inside so after a quick scan they turned to leave.

As they did the Mordecai struck. The golem had been stood not far from the spiralling airlock when it opened and watched as the two soldiers made their way into the alien environment. It knew they were not Legionnaire's or students though initially had no reason to attack them. It wasn't until they had started to retreat out that the golem noticed their weapons... A memory of its life in the sewers of Rimbor before the Emerald Empress had captured it triggered it's reaction. It remembered being hunted... These soldiers would pay for the crude assaults it had endured in its life before Tellus had liberated it and allowed it to live peacefully here.

After smashing the soldiers unconscious it slung them over its shoulders and made its way out into the corridor. If there were soldiers here then the Mordecai would protect the Legionnaire Tellus and their new home from them.

Harbinger #952453 06/26/18 02:45 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
By taking control Sister Eclipse became fully aware of the physical sensation that Douglas Nolan was feeling - Andromeda's hand holding his arms back as she floated in the air before the alternate dimension tyrant... Sister Eclipse flexed with all the considerable might Ferro's body could muster against the restraining hands of their Kryptonian colleagues but couldn't budge them.

"What? What is this?" Psyche sounded shocked. Her prodigious psychic skills had alerted her that her captive no longer appeared to be possessing two separate minds. Somehow a third, far less volatile mind had taken over dominance... one that her empathic abilities slid off.

The three telepaths that had joined their mistress in to deal with the steel skinned mutant all stepped away: the very texture of the minds before them had changed... something that none of them would have imagined possible.

"What's going on?" Kara asked her mistress, aware of her distress.

"There's another mind..." Psyche replied, her tone angry and shocked.

"Hey... Sister Eclipse maybe? I haven't seen her anywhere." The Kryptonian tightened her grip on Ferro's arms and began to slowly pull them apart while forcing her knee between the steel skinned mutant's shoulder blades. "Get your guns ready, I'll make her pop out of him..."

Psyche smiled as she called for guards. She would make sure that the Legionnaire that was inhabiting her prize would pay for this interference.

Harbinger #952454 06/26/18 02:46 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Invisible Kid and Magnus Laviksen had followed Kara after she flew overhead carrying the obviously unconscious Ferro. They followed as quickly as they could.

At the end of the corridor there were voices, one of which Jacques recognised as Kara's. The other voice had just called for guards.

The Legionnaire pulled the young man from Nordhelm to the side and whispered urgently into his ear, hoping that a miracle may stop Andromeda from overhearing what he needed to say.

"Listen... You stay 'ere. If any guards approach you must delay them, cast an image to confuse them... Oui?"

"I can help you Legionnaire." The young man bit back sharply.

"Non, Mon Ami, you must protect my back while I try to 'elp our friends. Please, take these..." Jacques pressed a pouch from his belt into the young man's hands that contained half a dozen incapacity cuffs. "You will help me greatly if you do... you are ze only one who can. Wha'ever happens, do not come in zere until I call you, okay?"

For a long second they stared at each other before Magnus grudgingly nodded.

"Remember to 'ide yourself..." And with those whispered words Invisible Kid let go of the young man and stealthily approached the room at the end of the corridor.

Behind him Magnus Laviksen quickly glanced around, he could only spin illusions of things he had seen or heard for himself so he surrounded himself in the image of the fixtures and fittings that were close by. As he did he could hear voices and footfall from the direction he had just come from.

Magnus smiled.

As the four guards ran around the corner towards him he reached out with his mind and replayed onto their senses his journey through the Dreadnought up to this point - in reverse and at speed.

The guards all stumbled and cried out as they struggled against what their senses suddenly told them was happening. Within seconds they were a crumpled moaning heap on the floor as the young illusionist kept up the pressure of his projection. Carefully, he approached the fallen guards. Taking out cuffs from the pouch the Legionnaire had just given him the young man happily snapped them onto the guards wrists rendering them unconscious. He picked up two of their blasters and wrapped the now unconscious guardsmen in an illusion so they would be invisible to any more that approached the room that Jacques Foccart had just slunk into.

If nothing else, these fallen opponents would provide a trip barrier to any other guards that tried to interfere and the young man from distant Nordhelm would be more able to defend the space with his evil-eye illusions and the blasters he'd taken from the guards.

Harbinger #952455 06/26/18 02:46 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As Jacques floated into the room he could see the back of a cloaked figure and Ferro spread-eagled out in the air before her, being held by Andromeda.

Ferro was shouting and wriggling though Andromeda held him in a tight grip, not allowing the steel skinned mutant the purchase to get a chance of being free.

Without stopping to think Invisible Kid flew at the back of the figure before him, intent on taking her down hard. With an all-mighty thump he crashed into her, sending her spinning towards Ferro and Andromeda with a scream. Jacques held on, willing his flight ring to push them hard into the steel and invulnerable bodies of his teammates in the hope that the blow would strike her unconscious. The crashed into Ferro then flew onto the floor.

"Jacques.... It is me, Sister Eclipse." The woman in the cloak said. She sat up and smiled.

Andromeda flung Ferro against a wall and started to fly down towards Jacques and the now possessed Psyche.

Sister Eclipse had full control over the rogue empath Psyche and now could understand the allure of emotions... before her each person glowed with their own unique ambience and within that there appeared emotional colours, bubbling into psychic blossoms of feeling before dying down with organic beauty. She could also sense where Psyche had altered the natural flow of the people before her, where there were sudden sharp edges and harsh twists that redirected the emotional energy inside those she had manipulated.

"Kara... you helped me build the chapel on our home satellite. You have such passions in your mighty heart but they have been twisted in such a destructive way..." As she spoke Andromeda clutched at her head before suddenly straightening out and blinking, as if just waking from a deep sleep. Sister Eclipse had cleansed Andromeda's mind of the empathic pollution.

Psyche, possessed by the gentle Legionnaire known only as Sister Eclipse, reached out with the prodigious empathic abilities again and soothed the three telepaths that were cowering in the corner. Using Psyche's own perceptions the Legionnaire could sense where their own minds had been so badly damaged.

As the Titanians had been under Psyche's corruptive influence for longer it took several long seconds before they too were freed. Sister Eclipse used an ancient teaching that her religious order used to inform her choices, a simple verse that her Sisterhood taught those that joined their ranks. It was their wish for the many races of the galaxy: “fear turns to hope, anger becomes acceptance, hate can be love...” she focussed the empathic abilities of the being she possessed to encourage these qualities to changes within the souls of the Titanians.

Harbinger #952456 06/26/18 02:47 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
As the telepaths regained control over their emotions Sister Eclipse began to understand.

The person she possessed had an incredible gift at emotional manipulation but the level of hate and anger that were on display against the Legion was something else. It was far more sophisticated... it had been finessed. The reptilian Legionnaire realised it must have been through the use of the Titanians who could alter another beings thoughts as well. Psyche must have influenced a powerful telepath and between them they had twisted and manipulated the rank and file amongst their people. It must have taken place surreptitously over some time as sudden changes in behaviour would raise alarm...

“Sister... Sister, what’s going on?” Andromeda floated in the air before her. Just behind the Kryptonian she could see Invisible Kid was helping Ferro to his feet.

“Kara... there is so much to do. Can you ensure we are undisturbed?”

“Sister,” Jacques interrupted, “Magnus iz outside keeping watch. We can assist...”

“Thank you.” She nodded and smiled.

As Ferro, Andromeda and Invisible Kid left the room Sister Eclipse turned towards the three telepaths.

“There is so much we have to do. Are you ready?”

The Titanians closed their eyes as they reached out to amplify and broadcast Sister Eclipse’s psychic message to the many beings around them that were acting on the vile orders Psyche had enforced upon them.

Harbinger #952457 06/26/18 02:47 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thunder tore through the wall.

The student Ultra Girl flew behind using her Red Energy to swat the larger chucks of debris aside. They had made it to the area that the earlier holo had said where Invisible Kid, Ferro, Andromeda and Sister Eclipse could be found. They had liberated Brainiac 5, the Spear of Artemis, Retro, Harmonia and Saturn Girl from holding cells three levels below.

While there they had encountered Lexikon and the two Valkyri from Nordhelm. The Tamaranean Legionnaire and the two warriors from Nordhelm had robustly attempted to stop the Legion from freeing their teammates. Thunder and Ultra Girl had held them off while Cosmic Boy used his magnokinesis to hurl incapacity cuffs onto their arms rendering them unconscious.

After releasing their incarcerated teammates from their cells Brainiac 5 had quickly brought the liberating squad up to speed. After hearing that Andromeda and perhaps others were under Psyche’s control Cosmic Boy had encouraged a more direct course to find her and free their colleagues.

Rokk carried Imra, who was barely conscious and kept muttering her husband and children’s names. The Braalian had a buzzing headache that was quickly becoming a solid pain in his skull. He was certain it was Imra's telepathy that was causing it though he would not let go of her, not while she was vulnerable.

“Hello...” Thunder said to the apparently empty corridor before them.

Ultra Girl started to fly past but Cece held out an arm to stop her.

“What is it?” The student asked.

“An illusion... and our teammates.”

Jacques Foccart phased into view before them.

“Mon ami, you are free.” Even as he asked the question behind him Andromeda, Ferro and the young man Magnus Laviksen, stood beside a pile of unconscious soldiers, all appeared.

“We,re here to end this. Psyche is close by.” Brainiac 5 said as he examined a hard light holo screen from his flight ring.

Kara swooped across to the Coluan and approached him with some obvious trepidation.

“Querl, I’m so sorry...”

Cosmic Boy, Ultra Girl and Cosmic Kid stepped between her and the Coluan genius, still worried that she may be under Psyches influence.

He gave her a smile, “Psyche is very dangerous Kara, I am grateful that you’re back in control of yourself and appear okay.”

“Sister Eclipse has taken control of her, she’s trying to undo the ...hurt.”

Imra Ardeen spoke, surprising Rokk who still held onto her.

“I can feel it... it’s quite beautiful.”

“She can’t do this alone, can she?” Rokk asked.

“She’s not alone... the Titanians with her are broadcasting it. The more of my people they affect the bigger the psychic web is and the faster it’ll spread... I’m going to lend a hand.” Imra Ardeen smiled beatifically as she added her own telepathic strength to the growing psychic gestalt that spread out from the room at the end of the corridor.

Within only minutes the Titanians telepathic had broadcast Sister Eclipse’s emotional message of hope throughout the attacking force. The synthetic soldiers had been ordered back into their barrack section of the dreadnought. The many meta soldiers who had been telepathically manipulated were released from the psychic hold that had turned them on the Legion.

Within an hour Sister Eclipse, along with a dozen Legionnaires and thirty telepaths from the Dreadnought, warped to Naltor to spread their freeing psychic message to the wider public within the Titania refugees and Naltorian High Council.

Within six hours the United Planets council chambers were visited by Sister Eclipse within Psyche’s body, several of the Titanian Senator’s staff along with a dozen other Titanians and the High Seer of Naltors personal assistant. They stayed for forty minutes and afterwards it was heard that many of the diverse senators and representatives of the many, many worlds and races present had a peaceful night.

As the clean up progressed there was one find that Imra Ardeen found particularly upsetting. Professor Avens body was discovered in his quarters. The Legion founders mentor had apparently taken his own life. Aven left a memory stone DNA locked for Imra on which he explained it was his own distrust of the Legion that had given Psyche the opportunity to take control. Over a year ago when the manipulated Legionnaires from that distant dark dimension had arrived in this reality during the Dark Circle civil war Psyche had taken control of him after his own hubris had allowed her out of her neural neutraliser... he was so certain his telepathic shields would protect him. Instead, within minutes he was her slave and had sent one of his own medi-path team through Henry,s warp in Psyche’s place allowing the empath free reign in this reality. Between the two of them they had slowly taken control of the Titanians refugees on Naltor.

Aven confessed to Imra that he had always resented the Legion for taking her, his favourite student, away from him. This had been exacerbated by the destruction of Titan and Harmonia Li’s subsequent acceptance into the organisation. Psyche had found these feelings and twisted and corrupted them to the point where he had no choice but to act alongside her.

As Sister Eclipse’s gentle influence had spread out, shared by the increasing numbers of freed Titanians, Aven knew that he would quite rightly be held to account and couldn’t face the heartbreak of the legacy of his lifetime of helping meta beings and higher functioning psychics prior to Psyches arrival being destroyed when the truth came out. He wanted Imra to know that he always cared for her and because of that he had ensured she remained free of Psyche’s manipulation. He hoped she would find it in her heart to forgive him...

Harbinger #952458 06/26/18 02:48 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Three days later

The Senior Team had decided that with Jan out of action for the foreseeable future and Dirk saying he did not have any desire to remain as the deputy leader for much longer that they needed to call an urgent vote.

All Legionnaires, tutors at the Academy and support staff were informed by holo that the next day they would hold an open vote. Anyone interested in running should announce their intentions and share with the group before the voting started at 8am the next day. Everyone was busy rebuilding their base and while there was a lot of gossip about who would stand there appeared to be little appetite for it.

8am came and went without a single person announcing their interest in becoming the team leader.

"Oh, for Rao's sake! I'll damn well do it if needed..." Mon El cursed to himself. He had hoped that Tinya or Dirk would have put themselves forward. Even Querl would have been better than no one.

"No Lar, we need a leader that wants to lead not one who is resigned to the role." Duplicate Girl said. The Daxamite harrumphed his reply.

“Remember Lar, no voting for yourself... play fair.” Luornu said to her Daxamite colleague as he walked over to the voting wall where he would press his hand against the person wished to be his leader for the next year.

Lar Gand walked along the line of eligible Legionnaires, those that were full time members with at least a years experience. He had been thinking about this since Imra had told the senior team that Jan would be returning to Winath with her so she could personally monitor the Trommites recovery. He had three options, and as it happened, the one that he had the most respect for was beside him as he reached the far end of the line. Without any second thought Mon El pressed Phantom Girl’s insignia to register his vote for her to be the next team leader.

Harbinger #952459 06/26/18 02:48 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Sun Boy joined Kid Quantum and Kinetix in the refectory.

“Hey, ladies, who’s Gazelle putting odds on this time?”

“I heard Lu and Brainy.” Zoe said with a small shrug, before adding “I didn’t vote for either, who do you think’ll get it Dirk?”

“There are a few good candidates, Lu would be great, or Reep or Querl or Lar or Tinya again perhaps. Pity Nasir's on medical leave as he'd have been interesting...” He replied nonchalantly.

“Yeah, they're all really committed to the team aren’t they?” Jazmin Cullen said, "...though it's a pity you're not running again Dirk..."

"Uh uh, no way Jaz. I've had enough time trying to be serious and it's time to get back to enjoying being a Legionnaire."

They sat in the refectory for three hours and in that time around a third of those eligible to vote had popped in. Dragonwing and Hethuk had joined them shortly after and before long there were ten of them sat around a couple tables, including Gazelle who tried desperately to get her fellow Legionnaires to join her on betting who would take the leadership without much success.

Dirk was secretly pleased when the Khund had mentioned his odds were up to 7 to 2.

“So,” Zoe began, “ We reckon Lu and Brainy are neck and neck, though there’s talk of...”

“Enough already...” Dirk said with a grin, “I know you’ve all been lying and I’m going to smash it!” He laughed loudly and most joined in.

“I didn’t vote for either of them.” Monica Sade said quietly.

“Me neither.” Tyroc said.

“Me either... I voted for new blood.” Dragonwing said to them conspiratorially.

"Me too." Said Zoe across the table, "Thought I'd be good to shake things up a bit so went for the brightest of the newly eligible..."

“We’ll find out soon enough. I might as well get back to the repairs...” Hethuk said pragmatically beginning to stand up from his chair.

“We’ve been rebuilding this place forever now Heth. It can wait until later y'know. You’re no fun...” Marya said before sticking her tongue out to the Talokean.

Dragonwing didn’t follow Hethuk out. Once the Talokean Smith had left she turned to Chemical Kid and asked who he voted for. Hadru smiled teasingly but didn’t reply.

"S'pose Heth's right, I'd best go do some work, can't laze around all day expecting support staff to do it all..." Dirk smiled to his gathered teammates as he walked out.

"I think he secretly wants to be voted in again. Be funny if he was as I don't think he enjoyed the responsibility at all." Jazmin said.

"Too late... We already voted, or I might've done just that for the laugh of seeing his face when he realized he'd have to be sensible for another year." Ming Sul said.

Harbinger #952460 06/26/18 02:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
After spending the last three days on Winath being probed and tested by Imra Ardeen and a growing number of telepathic helpers arriving almost hourly from Naltor, Douglas Nolan was given the all clear to return to Legion World Two. There was a strict condition that he attended weekly counseling sessions for the next couple of months but as his two consciousnesses had remolded back into a similar matrix to what he had before Psyche had tampered with it there was no real reason to make him stay away.

To say he was grateful was an understatement.

Gazelle pounced on him as he strode through the door to their shared apartment.

"Douglas Nolan you are owe me services!"

He threw his carry all into a corner and picked the Khundian warrior up in his arms. she gave a squeal of delight as she peeled the mask from his face and kissed him passionately.

"Have you voted yet Douglas?" she asked between kisses.

"Uh uh... not yet hon, I'm kind of thinking about other things rigt now..."

"Vote now, for sun Boy, it will level the field for the others..." She had obviously set up a betting syndicate and was worried that her odds would not make her much of a profit ones the chits were counted.

"Nope..."

"No?" Gazelle pulled away from him, "what do you mean, no?"

"I'm voting for Thunder, time for some new blood in that senior team and she's the best chance we new kids have."

"Hmmm... that would work, I suppose..." Gazelle considered the betting field as it currently stood. No-one had put money on Thunder so the chance of a surprise win by her would only increase any potential profit. "Okay... though once you have voted we must return to the serious business at hand."

With that Gazelle placed a hand firmly onto a particularly personal place of his so Ferro would be fully aware what serious business she had meant.

Doug Nolan voted remotely through his flight ring. It took him all of nineteen seconds.

The entire time Gazelle tutted and moaned in complaint.

Harbinger #952461 06/26/18 02:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Brainiac 5 and Harmonia were in his laboratory when the holo popped up.

Professor Li had set up an alert in the cornfield she had planted on level three after finding it had a large flattened patch in the middle of it the day before. The holo showed Mrruaw M’Nau, the tigerram from Simballi, creep through the long stalks towards the flattened corn.

“Perhaps it’s best if you dealt with that.. we only have limited room for agriculture after all.” The Coluan nodded towards the holo.

The ancient elemental smiled thinly as she left.

Almost five minutes later Harmonia Li stepped into the agri-level. she knew it would be impossible to sneak up on Backlash, the tigerram's senses were far too acute, so instead she trod on the stones and gravel along the side of the field, each step producing a small crunching sound.

"Mrruah... I know you are in there. May I join you?" Harmonia called out from the edge of the field of tall corn stalks,

There was no reply for several second before the deep voice of Backlash responded, "Of course, please do."

Harmon hovered above the corn and floated across towards the tigerram. As she gently touched down upon a mat of crushed stalks Backlash raised his broad head from his crossed paws. She could see that the great beast was feeling unhappy as it did not greet her with its usual wide smile.

"Mrruah..."

"You dislike me using your vegetables as a bed... I am sorry Harmonia, truly. I meant no disrespect."

"I'm more concerned that you are not happy." She sat down next to him, "... can you tell me what is the matter and can I help?"

The tigerram turned his broad head towards her and smiled though she did not believe it was genuine happiness that had prompted it.

"Harmonia... living amongst the Legion has not been as I expected. My people were bred to be loyal and supportive of each other, it is hardwired into our DNA. The discord that plagued us of late has upset me greatly. The recent problems we encountered have... they scared me Harmonia, as I do not understand what we can do to make things right if they happen again. Humans do not have a loyalty gene... perhaps I should have joined Sister Eclipse when she left to go on retreat. Take some time to think and consider my place...” Mrruah M'Nau held her gaze for several seconds before laying his head back down upon his paws.

"It has been a terrible time for us all. I wish I could offer you some words of wisdom that could ease your pain but I cannot. What I can offer is hope that from our terrible encounter we re-establish bonds with our teammates and the wider galaxy and grow closer as a result. That hope, and my friendship... they are not in doubt."

She placed a hand gently upon the great beast's shoulder and he gave a low rumbling purr in response.

They sat in a comfortable silence for ten minutes before Harmonia said "Does that light not bother you while you rest here Mrruah?" The ancient elemental looked up at the bright strip light that hung down across the corn, ten or twelve feet from them.

"If I lay with my head facing away from it... it is bearable."

Harmonia smiled and nodded. As she did the ground underneath them rumbled gently and a thin arch of the proto-planet's rocky firmament pushed upwards providing shade for the feline Legionnaire.

This time when the tigerram looked up his smile was filled with genuine warmth and affection.

"You are a good friend Harmonia Li, thank you."

Harbinger #952462 06/26/18 02:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Where previous leadership elections had evoked a celebratory feel to the team this time the atmosphere was decidedly more subdued. Many of the team only took a break from their duties rebuilding their base to quickly vote before resuming the tasks that they had been engaged in.

By 2000 hours everyone who was eligible, other than Gear who refused to take part, had voted and an announcement was made over the flight ring holo- comm system by Sun Boy.

The former deputy leader smiled his galaxy famous smile before looking to his left and nodding once towards someone out of sight.

"Hey, all. Sorry to interrupt those of you still busy fixing up our lovely home but with the final tally being counted I can confirm that our new leader is... drum roll please... Phantom Girl!" Sun Boy paused to clap his hand at Tinya's victory.

"So, y'all want to hear who's lucky enough to almost be as popular as Tinya so’ll be her deputies this year? It'll be no surprise to many that Tyroc has been voted in. Well done Troy, I'm certain you'll be excellent." Dirk applauded again.

"So, bet you're wondering who else?" He glanced to the side again and his expression faltered for a split second before he carried on with a smile, "Our well deserved second deputy leader will be ...Thunder. Cece, you know you deserve this! Well done." He again paused to clap his hands in a show of support.

"Congratulations Tinya, Troy and Cece. Let's hope this year is a successful and stress free one for you all. Now, if anyone wants to join me into Shakes to help celebrate my newly achieved freedom from responsibility I'll see you down there in a couple of minutes..." Again Dirk glanced off camera as he asked "We have rebuilt Shakes already haven't we?"

That night virtually every Legionnaire and member of the support staff made their way to Shakes.

Phantom Girl, Tyroc and Thunder were heartily congratulated by the majority and jokingly commiserated by the others.

Everyone, even those that had not voted for the three winners, were generally happy with the outcome. Gazelle was overheard telling Ferro that she had 'made a mint.'

Harbinger #952463 06/26/18 02:50 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Rokk had asked Lydda to marry him and she had coyly asked for some time to think about it before bursting out laughing and exclaiming an emphatic ~yes!"

They decided that the less fuss there was around their wedding the better it would be for all.

They booked the service at the very exclusive resort of Starshine on the secluded world of Stratus and told only Garth, Imra and Querl in advance. Their respective families were asked to keep the day free as the two of them might pay a visit and were thinking of going out for a meal so, they added, would be grateful if anyone who wanted to join them dressed smart. Their families knew there was something going on that their request required this caveat though the couple had just replied to their questions that due to their recent adventures there would no doubt be paparazzi around.

And only seven standard days after Rokk Krinn had asked Lydda Jath to be his wife their big day had arrived.

Harbinger #952464 06/26/18 02:51 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Garth Ranzz stood beside the groom in his suite.

“You okay bud? It doesn’t hurt y’know? Not after the first three or so years anyway...” Garth teased his oldest friend as Rokk struggled with the archaic bow tie that Lydia had insisted he wear.

"Yeah? Only three years? Garth, buddy, Imra's still got you hog tied and running to her whistle so don't say it's otherwise." Rokk gave a quick grin.

"Yeah... you're right but it only took three years for me to figure that out myself that she usually knows best... so... as I just said, it doesn't hurt any more. And, c'mon... it's Imra, of course I'm gonna run when she whistles. You don't need to be her husband for that, all the Legionnaires do ...even the new crowd who only just met her do."

Rokk laughed out loud before agreeing with his friend.

"Lydda's the same, y'know? That smart pragmatic selflessness... they're very similar woman we got."

"Yeah, but mine's prettier..." Garth started to say but stopped and laughed as Rokk gave his oldest friend a mock reproaching look.

"Not by much admittedly, but... y'know..." Garth said as way of an apology.

"Never really went for blondes..." Rokk mused as he struggled with the bow tie. "On Braal there aren't many in the indigenous folks and they're stereotyped as a bit dim and weak... Never believed it myself but I guess it's always been there at the back of my mind.... didn't I ever tell you about that? "

"Don't think so, though I'll let you be the one to tell Imra." Garth replied with a smile.

"Y'know what, I think I'll leave it to you as her husband an' all." They both gave a knowing laugh.

"Hey... tell you what Rokk, I won't tell Imra if you don't tell Lydda what I said, how does that sound to you?"

"Fair enough. There's some things that they don't need to know."

"Knowing our ladies though they probably do already... you do realize that, don't you?" Garth said in mock despondency.

"Yeah, probably..." Rokk agreed as he finally completed the knot correctly to keep the bow in place. There was a silence between them for several seconds.

"Lydda's a lucky girl, you're the most decent person I've ever met Rokk. You'll make a great father one day as well." Garth looked away and tried to surreptitiously wipe at the corners of his eyes. Rokk glanced across at his friend and smiled to himself. The wild tearaway teenager from the agri-world of Winath had mellowed considerably as he had settled into adulthood and being a father. Rokk felt immensely proud of Garth at the moment.

"I'm the one who's lucky Garth, never mind I'm away to marry the prettiest girl in the galaxy - sorry Imra - but just look at the friends I've got at my side as finally say 'I do'. I never would have believed it if you'd told me back in the day this would be my life." Rokk Krinn looked at his oldest friend's face and the years and struggles and adventures and battles all fell away for an instant. The two men knew that for whatever reason, somehow fate had put them together at each others sides through thick and thin and for that they were both very grateful.

They hugged briefly before Garth pulled back and looked at his friend closely.

"Yeah, we're both pretty lucky aren't we? Now... You ready to do this Mister Krinn? You ready to finally make an honest woman of Lydda?"

"Totally... c'mon we'd better get down there before the ladies or we'll never live it down."

"True, we'd better get going."

Both men laughed as they left the suite and made their way towards the chapel.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,063
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LispBOT # 143
LispBOT # 143
Wegion Wowwd
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star