Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 23 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:08 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 06/13 /2017
Omni #951679 06/13/18 05:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Outside Virx Dome

Cadet Altovio punched past cybernetic being after cybernetic being using his unbreakable grip to rip them apart taking them out until they could regenerate. He knew he was never going to be an alpha cadet or on the special unit. He had to much anger for that. But in moments like this where he could truly let loose on his opponent like in his youth in the arena. He really loved it.

Officer Cuzmon slashed her way through the cybernetic beings unsure of what form of sentient she was fighting. So far she's faced a Craggiate and three Tharrians who had frozen Officer Shazlon in a block of ice. Slashing her way through each of them the magic in her sword freezing them in their tracks. Officer Nolan aka Ferro fought at her side punching though as many as he could.

“Their arriving from other planets...if someone from Titan arrives I'm not sure what we'll do.” Ferro shouted out over the roar of the battle throwing another one into the five more that were about to storm them.

“We will cross that bridge when we get to it. Now punch Officer Shazlon free of her ice block.” Officer Cuzmon slashed through more cybernetic beings while Ferro did his best to break Shazlon free.

Blast-Off pushed fast and hard using his hard head to ram all those in his way while smoking out all those in his wake. While Officer Dune rushed through the sand spreading himself out as much as he could while still creating sold enough replicas of its body to squash the cybernetic beings into the ground before shifting back together to race through the sand creating a dust storm. Dune quickly burst up and grabbed a few and pulled them under ground.

“How much longer can this go on?” Officer Evening moaned throwing ink ball after ink ball sending the cybernetic beings backwards sticking them to whatever surface they landed on.

“Until we beat them.” Cadet Altovio yelled out with glee jumping from the top of a street light on to a group of cybernetic beings.

Last edited by Omni; 06/13/18 05:53 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 06/13 /2017
Omni #952495 06/26/18 03:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Omni, hi, I'm loving your work - it's quite a ride you're on!

Sadly I'm strapped for time but will post a thorough review when I have a spare hour, but until then please keep going as this is tremendously fun!

More, more, more

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/07 /2017
Omni #953171 07/07/18 06:01 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Uta -Responsometer

“This is beyond crazy!” Star Boy flew fast and hard increasing the mass of 20 gold soldiers flattening them to the ground their malleable bodies liquefying under the pressure.

Sensor whipped her tail around sending large quantities of the gold soldiers flying.

“What? why you send them at me!” Officer Dulga yelled casting a large ruby dome over herself as they crashed into her. she added diamond spikes penetrating them and pushing her diamond power out coating them in a layer of it.

“Let's see if this trick works.” Officer Dulga thought out pushing the now diamond coated gold soldiers to do her bidding while she dropped her dome. Even though the gold soldiers were still following their prime directive to fight the intruders. But with their diamond coating she can control their targets.

Officer Dulga had never tried this before but after her training sessions with Officer Kohan it inspired her to try.

Officer Purtha dodged and weaved his way through doing his best to make it to the Responsometer's pedestal. Being the only one with no real defensive powers was going to make this one tough. His precognitive powers only working so far in advance of each opponent. Rol's eyes were starting to hurt from how long he was pushing his visions. Even though he knew this was an implanted memory of Dreamer in this reality, Dreamer was the first in generations to receive her gift beyond the High Seer's family line and with her came the boom of children and latent adults gaining their second sight. Her ability on par with that of the High Seer but the rest of them were no where near as wide of a range.

“Just got to get further!” Officer Purtha thought to himself when a giant glob of gold soldiers melded together standing over 15 feet tall.

“Here let me help!” Officer Benem called out throwing Selta seeds from Brall at the giant gold soldier while using his powers to reach out make the seed grow. Its petals are super absorbent of metals especially gold as it melts easily.

The five plants that grew and quickly attached themselves to the ground grew up tall their iridescent orange petals pulling towards the gold glob absorbing it turning its petals golden hued. Officer Benem quickly threw out the remaining Selta seeds he had and made them sprout. Their roots digging into the ground deep feeding on the gold running underneath them. Causing more of them to bloom giving Officer Benem more to work with. He soaked up every gold soldier in Officer Purtha's path. Star Boy flew up high reaching out with his powers flattening every gold soldier in his sight using their distinctive mass allowing him to target them. Sensor and the others ran quickly to catch up to Officer Purtha reaching the Responsometer's pedestal.

<Create a dome of diamond, ruby, jade before the gold soldiers have a chance to break free. Star Boy get down here.> Sensor thought out.

Star boy quickly flew down as Officer Dulga created her dome fusing all three gem types together. Once sealed Star Boy released his hold on the gold soldiers who slowly started to reform but with the Selta planets still growing their numbers were heavily decreased.

“How did you know to bring those seeds Ral? Officer Purtha asked catching his breath.

“I grabbed them in case we faced any Brallians. The petals make great weapons as they naturally gravitate towards Brallians magnetic fields. I had forgotten about their metal absorbency until we had gotten here.” Officer Benem beamed a bit at being the hero of the moment.

“So... now that were here how do we get this thing out of the box?” Officer Dulga asked placing another coating of diamond on the dome before turning and facing the eerie glow of the force field like everyone else.

Last edited by Omni; 07/07/18 06:05 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/07 /2017
Omni #953172 07/07/18 06:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Oleicus and the Mother Box.
Roll Call:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – techno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Officer Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis
Pollen - planet girl. -spoor bombs that crumble anything, transfer consciousness to other plants
Jacques Foccart of Earth -uncontrollable invisibility

“Why aren't these things dying!” Cadet Pollen screamed as she threw spore bomb after spore bomb at the gold soldiers who would reform after they crumbled them.

“Because their already malleable...practically liquid.” Gear fired off several rounds from the sonic cannon forming on his right hand his skin peeling back as the green techno-organic organisms underneath shifted rotating creating the sonic tube with its energy pulsing.

“Flank left!” Dreamer called out to Officer Tellus as she, Invisible Kidd II and him flew on in his telekinetic bubble blowing through the gold soldiers to get to the Mother Box. They had reached the edge of the jungle and couldn't stay hidden any longer.

Both Gear and Cadet Pollen have defensive powers and they agreed to take up the rear while Tellus got both Dreamer and Invisible Kid II to the Mother Box. The former psychiatric studies and medical center of the scientific world on Colu was now transformed. Before them stood a giant cube.

“This can not be real? They 'id it in a cube?” Invisible Kid II asked looking back and forth between Dreamer and Officer Tellus.

“Yes and that cube is a maze.” Dreamer's gray eyes returned from being glazed over.

“How do we enter?” Tellus' robotic voice choked out while they stood inches from it. Tellus' telekinetic field keeping the gold soldiers at bay seven of them pounding on it.

<Gear are you and Pollen close?> Dreamer asked over the Legion's telepathic earplug communication link.

<Yes, have Tellus lower his field in 3.2 seconds.> Gear thought back projecting his thoughts loud enough for Tellus to hear him.

<2...1...> Tellus lowered his field the gold soldiers pouring in and Gear and Pollen came crashing in. Tellus raised the field again cutting the gold soldiers in half.

“Get those piece out of 'ere before they reform!” Invisible Kid II yelled and Tellus quickly grabbed every piece of gold and flung it out by his field reaching in to grasp them.

“How long can you hold this field Tellus?” Dreamer bent down placing a hand on Tellus back the nods on his back shifting from green to blue.

“I should be able to keep this up for a little while longer. But the sooner the better.” Tellus' robotic voice crocked. Small beads of sweat formed on his scaly yellow forehead.

Last edited by Omni; 07/07/18 06:04 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/07/2017
Omni #953174 07/07/18 06:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Inside Dome

“How much longer can this go on? Those things never stop coming!” Captain Allon called out over the loud pounding on Brainiac 5's force field.

“They are not things. They are Cybernetic Beings a new species and should be respected as so. As should all machine life.” Brainy chided Captain Allon learning from his peoples mistakes in their own reality where they denied all Artificial Intelligence as being sentient.

“That maybe the case but they are infecting the United Planets.” Captain Allon responded.

“No, that would be the nannites and the work of my mother. The Cybernetic beings were never meant to procreate like this or perform a hostel take over.” Brainy continued to try and patch into the network and reach C.O.M.P.U.T.O.

“If I could just psi-blast her.” Meta's eyes began to glow concentrating hard to make a large blast.

“Her defenses are up for that as well as all of our powers. The Cybernetic beings are starting to adapt.” Invisible Kid pointed out as they watched Chameleon shift through five forms in that time trying to find a way to take them out while Atom'x's concussive blast where starting to not tear them apart as well.

“Atom'x! Give me a blast!” Sizzle called out her powers running low.

“Ah! Strike her with all your energy!” Brainiac 4 called out her eyes glowing green.

The Cybernetic beings began firing on Sizzle her powers to transmute the energy into other forms working well. She began casting back out at them taking many of them out with electrical pulses and flames but they continued to fire on her. Sizzle smiled at first laughing at how many hits she took out. But soon her powers began over loading she wasn't able to expel and transform the energy fast enough.

“What's happening?” Sizzle called out her normally red body changing to a dark magenta before going completely purple and finally almost black. Her eyes wide with pain and horror.

The Cybernetic beings continued their assault on Sizzle. Atom'x and Andromeda both flew as fast as they could to get to her. Atom'x phasing his molecules through the cybernetic beings leaving a radiation wake throwing all of their systems, knocking them off line each of them falling instantly. Andromeda flew fast and hard punching her way through and throwing anyone in her way out of it. While blasting ahead of her with her heat vision.

“AhhHH!” Sizzle screamed out as her powers completely betrayed her building up until finally the energy exploded out from her washing out over everyone knocking all those who were not under Brainiac 5's force field and C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Who had calculated how much energy was about to washout instantly fell to the ground.

At the epicenter where Sizzle once stood was nothing more than a scorch mark.

“Teela!” Meta Ulnoor screamed out her telepathic powers registering every moment of Sizzle's death. Meta fell to the ground sobbing holding herself while Captain Allon and Invisible Kid tried their best to comfort her. Her mind connected to the two search parties and the fight squad outside the dome they all herd Meta's crying. Each of them shedding a tear while trying not to fall in their own fights.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/07/2017
Omni #953175 07/07/18 06:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Brainiac 4 and many of the cybernetic beings began to stir some sitting up. Atom'x, Chameleon, Grava, and Andromeda were all still down and barely moving. Though they were conscious as their moans and groans could be heard.

“This has got to stop!” Virx called out.

C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Looked down at Virx as he slowly stalked over his semi bulky form shifting awkwardly.

“Why do you cry out for the birth of your people to stop?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s head tilted while his neck extended down to peer down at Virx tied under the cybernetic vines.

“Thisss is nNnot the birth of my people but the enslavement of all others. I never wanted our speciies to grow like this. The nannites wwwere meant to be away for those who chose to transcend to the cybernetic form. They havvvve been ppppPPerverted into a weapon of masssss destruction with your master at the helm.” Virx spat out his processors firing off as he tried to speak through his anger and pain.

“As a high level being of intelligence you can not deny that this expansion of your species is favorable because even after the out come of this battle one way or another your population will have expanded. While I follow the prime directive set forth by the one I'm bonded to my own thoughts on this situation deem all of this illogical. I think the way you have described seems more beneficial. However, Brainiac 4 is the one in charge.” C.OM.P.U.T.O.'s glowing yellow head slowly turned while his blank white eyes stared at Virx.

“I doooo. But as I said this I wwwwanted to be a choice. The decision to bBBbecome a cybernetic being was not my own. I was forced into this form... I lost a lot because of thisss form and for tTTtthe first time in almost a 1000 years I had started to find some semblance of a new life until this day wWWhen you and myyyyy former love usurped my idealsss and chose a path of vvviolence.” Virx's eyes began to water.

“Grandfather?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Let the cybernetic vines loosen around Virx who lifted himself up gently.

“In a sense yessss as you are the progeny offff myyyyyyyy son.” Virx gave a small smile and for the first time thought about the baby Nyrl carried in her and how sad he was that child may be gone forever once this was over.

C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Pulled his neck back his glowing head back to his bulky body. Virx sat up stretching his body while looking around at the destruction of his home. C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s neck opened up a round hatch revealing a cord with a small prong on it that quickly flew out. The blue gray cord quickly flew around to Virx's neck and attached instantly. Virx's eyes began to glow as he felt the energy C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Was connected to course through his body the connection to the Mother Box and the Responsometer as well as the nannite network making him in contact with every cybernetic being across the United Planets.

“Ahhh.” Virx breathed a sigh of relief as he felt his body repair its self pulling in technology from the vines and dome faster than he had ever experienced. His body returned to the state it was the day he was transformed maybe even better.

“Your mind grandfather is so vast and all you've experienced.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s eyes widened with all he began to learn as he connected with Virx's mind and not all of it was about the pursuit of knowledge and C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Slowly began to question what has been going on.

“Hmmm...?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s attention was diverted as he realized the activities of the other teams.

Omni #953176 07/07/18 06:13 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Oleicus and the Mother Box.
Roll Call:
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 – techno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Dreamer – Nura Nal of Naltor U247 – precognition
Officer Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis
Pollen - planet girl. -spoor bombs that crumble anything, transfer consciousness to other plants
Jacques Foccart of Earth -uncontrollable invisibility

Gear began working on the giant cube before them trying to find a way to enter. Dreamer concentrated on pushing for a vision. She saw a door here before when they were flying but nothing now.

“This is weeds!” Pollen hurled a spoor bomb at the cube its dust crumbling the wall a small fraction before repairing itself. Instantly she threw three more using the spoors and controlling them to grow into a root to dig into the wall.

“I always find away.” but as she boasted the wall began repairing itself.

“ARRRRRGGGG.” Pollen stamped her feet.

“This is well protected.” Invisible Kid II touched his luminescent hand gliding it across the cubes smooth exterior.

“It is...but if I can connect to the servers and disrupt its matrix we might be able to gain entry.” Gear's had pressed against the cube as he extended out wires into the cubes surface recognizing the wall before them wasn't a simple wall but a wall of circuitry. His green techno-organic wires visible as they made their way through the surface of the cube.

Gear's eyes began to glow green as C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'S voice spoke through him.

“You've unlocked the door.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s voice crocked out and then a door opened in the cube's surface a vortex opening up pulling them inside.

Omni #953180 07/08/18 04:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Whew, really epic scale you have going on, Omni. I like how you split the action up to give everyone a chance to shine.

Like with Harbinger, I don't have so much time right now, so I'm just skimming and posting a quick comment - but I'll come back and give a more detailed review later on!

Omni #953215 07/08/18 02:48 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Uta and the Responsometer.
Roll Call:
Officer Ollow Dulga of Aleph 2 -Creates jewels about her body to use as armored protection. Emerald, Ruby's, Diamonds, and Sapphires are her favorites to use.
Officer Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth
Officer Rol Purtha of Naltor – precognitive dreams.
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247– generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Star Boy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.

The gold soldiers continued to beat against Officer Dulga's dome barrier increasing their size and number. Pools of gold oozing from the ground to supply them. The pounding breaking their hands before instantly reforming them. Trying hammers, blades, and axes. They all broke.

“I hate all this pounding.” Officer Benem put his hands to his head still trying to bloom more Selta seeds to soak up the gold. But without spreading more seeds the planets that are fully grown out there soaked up as much as they could and their seeds were too small to force to grow without him touching them directly.

“We need to get this field open. Have you seen anything in a vision or heard from Dreamer, Rol? Sensor asked touching the field lightly it zapping her fingers.

“No...but this field is standard. We should be able to disable it...Star Boy could you manipulate its gravitational field?” Officer Purtha asked.

“I can try. I'll increase its mass enough that its energy might short out.” Star Boy stepped forward and began concentrating his hands glowing purple the glow surrounding the field.

The field glowed and fluctuated ripples running up its sides as Star Boy pushed harder.

“We should be prepared for anything. Sensor cautioned.

“Yes, you should.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s voice rang around them as the field fluctuated harder before washing them all over in the energy from Star Boy's powers and the force field.

The energy wrapped around them and the Responsometer and in a flash they were gone C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Using Star Boy's energy along with the field to create a micro black hole.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/14/2018
Omni #953684 07/14/18 07:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu, Gobu: Outside Virx Dome
Roll Call:
Officer Shazlon of Barrio III - Spherical diamond body, with retractable appendages. Super durability. Telepathic communication.
Ferro - Andy Nolan – movable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Officer Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains morph body at will. Travel through soil.
(Holdur) Hald Altovio - super strong with an unbreakable grip
Elephant sentient of unknown.-impenetrable skin and retractable tusks. No name. doesn't speak.
Jahr-Drake Ningle - Blast-Off of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon
Officer Lonny Evening of Myar –sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.

<We have to get in there and help them. They just lost Sizzle> Officer Shazlon spoke out the grabbling of her telepathy ringing in their heads.

<Shaz is right. We're not doing any good out here.> Officer Evening thought out as she sprayed ink at three cybernetic beings sticking them to the walls of the dome.

“ARRRRRHHHH!” Tusk screamed out and ran into the dome smashing through every cybernetic being in his path.

“Seconded!” Blast-Off pushed through head first.

Dune's particles rushed through the ground and into the dome. While Officer Evening rode on Officer Shazlon spewing ink at every Cybernetic being in their way. Ferro and Officer Cuzmon ran up the steps punching and slashing their way through the hoards. Their cries of war errupted into the dome.

“Now what's coming in?” Captian Allon looked at the stone wall bursting forward as Tusk ran in and began throwing cybernetic beings around with his tusks running at maximum speed.

Blast-Off was right behind him flying high and up into the air his smoke billowing out. Through the smoke came strands of ink blasting at the cybernetic beings.

“NO! I will not have this!” Brainiac 4 shouted stomping her feet. Her body already have grown as much as she can make it.

“Tsk tsk Nyrl...looks like the tides are turning.” Neron's gaze glared out at them from his firery realm.

“Shut up!” Brainiac 4 screamed as she sent out blast of sonic waves and controlled the cybernetic vines to lash out and grap them all. The cybernetic beings all fighting the officers, Legionnaires, and the underground.

“Starshines to the rescue!” Grava shouted as she flew up out of the grasp of cybernetic beings .

“I think its time Brainy. We've gotta make our way to C.O.M.P.U.T.O.” Invisible Kid urged Brainy.

“I know...but I think something we didn't expect is happening over there. Captain Allon cover us.” Brainy dropped his force field the cybernetic beings rushing them.

Captain Allon fired blaster round after blaster round. Meta Ulnoor used her most poweful psi-blasts to disable those around her who didn't have psychic sheilding up as she could sense their minds they were growing careless in their oversized egos. Chameleon flew in with a sense of renewed strength as she saw the reenforcements arrive shifting into a 5 times then normal size of an Earth tiger clobbering seven cybernetic beings then shifting from a falcon with sharp talons clawing at their eyes to a giant Crab snapping away. Atom'x stayed on the ground firing round of serring radiation outward.

Officer Shazlon sensed Meta's psi-blasts and tried to use her own telepathy to boost them concentrating on the same targets.

<Thank you.> Meta sent quickly before punching a cybernetic being in the face its jaw coming loose. The cybernetic being slowly stood back up its jaw slowly reattching itself. The tendends moving over like molassase. Small gears pulling it in and locking it back into place.

Meta stepped back scarred when suddenly Officer Shazlon came rolling through at high speeds slaming right into the cybernetic being looming over Meta.

“Watch out!” Officer Cuzmon yelled out as she slashed into a cybernetic being saving Captain Allon from being injected. Officer Cuzmon wasn't about to let that vision she saw come true.

“Gim take my hand.” Officer Cuzmon commanded.

“Gigi, what happened to you? Great threads.” Captain Allon fired more rounds.

“It's the Shinning Knight thing. Now take my hand.” Officer Cuzmon held out her hand to him.

Captain Allon took Officer Cuzmon's hand and the armor she wore began extending out until it also covered Captain Allon's body. The gray and black chain male hanging on him with plates on his shoulders.

“What?” Captain Allon looked down as a cybernetic being thrust its arm at his chest and instantly the injection needle broke against the magical chain male.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/14/2018
Omni #953685 07/14/18 07:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Magic. Enjoy!” Officer Cuzmon smiled with a wink before swiping and jumping away to fight some more.

Captain Allon began firing again his rapid fire holding the cybernetic beings back a bit. But as a group of 10 began to pounce on Captain Allon, Chameleon flew down next to him. His hands morphing back into his giant crab claws snapping and swiping away at the Cybernetic beings left and right. Officer Evening sprayed wave after wave of ink out causing the cybernetic beings to slip and fall and being stuck to the ground and remaining walls.

Andromeda got to her feet with some help from Blast-Off who swooped in right before a cybernetic was about to cast her in ice.

“Thanks Blast-Off. Let me down over there.” Andromeda pointed to an empty spot on the outskirts of the battle.

Virx stood watching as the battle raged on his body connected to the cybernetic beings as some of them began to form around him. Brainy and Invisible kid reached the small gathering.

“Vrix?” Brainy looked at his father amazed at the transformation.

“Yes, son. Your... son here has healed me and connected me to my kinsmen and now we shall make this right. We must disconnect your mother.” Virx told them with a sad smile on his face.

“We know. But nothing we've tried has worked. We are simply out numbered.” Invisible Kid pointed out.

“I can change that as I have brought your friends here father...were you planning to disconnect me?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O asked titling his head at Briany.

“It was a last resort possibility. You must know it is not something I wanted to do. But my mother needed to be stopped and you are her greatest weapon.” Brainy pointed out. He had really leanred from his past mistakes with C.O.M.P.U.T.O. And new hostility would result if he didn't appeal to both his logical and emotinal intelligences.

“Agree. Your logic is sound. But now I'm connected to my intended guide and the cybernetic beings are akwakening to their free will and starting to answer our call to fight back and save those that have not been transformed.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Informed them.

“We need a way to tell them apart.” Virx thought out and instantly those around them shifted no longer looking like their cybernetic brethen whose skin was waves of nannites and machine parts. They took on their looks before their transformation but with glowing blue eyes.

“Yes. Now what about our friends?” Brainy looked at C.OM.P.U.T.O. Who nodded and with a flash of light all of them appeared before them.

“What?” Dreamer and Officer Puthera called out in unison.

“We brought you here to help turn the tide. C.O.M.P.U.T.O. 's joined our side.” Brainy informed them looking at Sensor and Tellus to read his mind and connect to the assembled heroes.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/14/2018
Omni #953686 07/14/18 07:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
<We need to regroup...Dreamer, Purtha, Dulga, and Tellus stay with Virx and protect him from getting disconnected. While the rest of us take it to Brainiac 4!> Captain Allon thought through the psychic link they all shared thanks to Sensor, Meta, and Tellus.

“You will not win!” Brainiac 4 raged firing sonic and laser blasts while commanding the vines and the cybernetic beings under her control to lash out and defened her.

Cybernetic animals and insects flew in at Virx's command remembering its not just the vines and sentient beings that are transformed. C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Facilatating Virx's commands and giving his own attack plans while Officer Dulga armored up creating ruby swords and sheilds with jade chest, leg, and arm plates.

Star Boy flew hard and fast on his flight ring his hands glowing purple the cybernetic beings in his path flattening them to the ground. Grava following in his wake gassing with comet sleep fumes.

Invisible Kid and Invisible Kid II fought their way through punching and kicking thier way to get to the outskirts of the battle. Both of them quickly activating their powers to make their way behind Brainiac 4 to try and disconnect her.

Tusk impaled and threw the cybernetic beings up into the air while the cybernetic birds opening and extending their beaks to catch and carry off the cybernetic beings. Cybernetic vines grabbed at Captain Allon who was saved by Ferro who ripped them from around Captain Allon's neck as they crept up.

Shazlon rolled through the dome extending up her appendages to throw herself up and over in to several winged cybernetic beings who targeted Officer Benem who was concentrating on growing trees to block the blast of the cybernetic beings around him, creating a circle around himself but with no over head cover.

Officer Cuzmon slashed through the beings towards the fire portal hoping her magic would disrupt it and give a little less power to the battle at hand.

“Take this you devil!” Officer Cuzmon jumped up and slashed at the portal its dark energy infecting her.

“Hahaha. Your magic is no match for the Lord of lies my dear child and now thank you for giving me a hand in this battle.” Neron's voice echoed out through the dome but instead of from inside the fire portal it came from Officer Cuzmon's mouth. Her eyes glowing bright green slashing away the possesed Officer Cuzmon began taking on the heroes and the cybernetic beings that Virx was in command of.

“Not Good!” Pollen threw spoor bombs at the ground creating giant craters in the ground for the cybernetic beings to fall into. Then Officer Dune began shifting through the soil bonding and pulled the ground back over them in his wake burrying them in the craters.

“That should hold them for a little bit.” Dune said before taking off and rushing through the ground popping up at various spots punching the cybernetic beings.

Atom'X threw wave after wave of concussive blast while leaving a seering wake as he flewcby Officer Cuzmon who attempted to slash at him. Her blade inches from his torso.

Last edited by Omni; 07/14/18 07:04 PM.

Omni #953687 07/14/18 07:05 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Andromeda sent waves of heat vision from her eyes holding back the power she could feel building up inside of her. The light powers she knew so little about were starting to emerge again. She could feel the pulsing light within her. But she wasn't sure now was the moment and tried to hold on. Grabbing her stomach in pain as she kept it in.

Gear ran through them creating sonic cannons from his arms blasting them. Quickly switching to electromagnetic pulse cannons which took them out better. But as fast as he took one out five more sprung up in its place. Pushing his arms out he created stun hammers and began smacking away.

Sensor slithered around the floor avoiding the craters Pollen was making. Firing her blasters while focusing her abilites to trick the cybernetic beings sensors. Casting some of them into feeling like they were on fire, or burried under rocks while others drowning under the ocean floor. Whipping her tail outward she took out five in one sweeping motion. She knew they had no real fears in this state and she could only trick their sensors. Although she was finding it harder and harder as more of them began developing sheilding against her illusions.

Cadet Altovio's grip wrapped around two of the cybernetic beings using them as hammers against the others running at him.

Tellus created a telekinetic sheild around Virx and his connection to C.O.M.P.U.T.O's central command unit.

“Dreamer do you see an end to this soon?” Tellus asked his mechanical voice bearly audible over the fighting around them.

“I've been focusing and I just keep seeing a never ending sea of fighting and now that Officer Cuzmon has been corrupted I don't know what's to come.” Dreamer looked out at the battle before her and her eyes glazed over.

In her vision Dreamer saw the battle raging on. Each of them fighting but then she saw visions of other worlds where a new battle began to rage as the blue eyed cybernetic beings began to fight the green eyed ones. The rings around Titan and Brall that had been brining more non transformed sentient s into their orbits had stopped working as they turned on each other. Psychic waves pushed out causing everyone to fight back and forth with each other and on Xanthu a transformed Kid Quantum raged against his teammates whose eyes hadn't shifted blue yet. Five on one. Dreamer's eyes cleared.

“Virx is having an affect though. Sentient s across the United Planets are waking up from Brainiac 4's thrall.” Dreamer gave a small smile.

Officer Purtha did his best to try and help but he wasn't seeing much more than what Dreamer was seeing and his visions were even more limited as he didn't see the other planets. But he did see a Cybernetic being who was on fire running at them in time to grab hold of Officer Dulga's diamond sword to block its blasts a few times before Tellus was able to use a teleketic blast to send it flying backward into the waiting hands of Cadet Altovio's unbreakable grip who quickly threw him away into group of other Cybernetic beings.

Omni #953688 07/14/18 07:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
The Moon:

Leland McCauley sat in his newly reinforced office. The rest of the United Planets was in a panic as cybernetic beings ravaged it. But after his troubles with Mano McCauley made sure to beef up his security.

“Nothing is going to get in here. Triple thick Interon doors with laser force field grids across it. Nothing is getting through there.” McCauley smiled to himself as he looked out the window and saw the cybernetic beings flying around the moon and his base infecting everyone around them.

The pounding on his door hadn't stopped in hours since this invasion began. But that didn't worry McCauley. His office running on a separate generator allowing all of his amenities to continue to run. Classical music pipped in.

“Auggg. Computer can you please turn up the music. I don't want to hear that dreadful pounding and chanting.” McCauley did his best to block it out.

Suddenly the sounds of chanting faded as sounds of yelling were added in that didn't go with the rythimic and sinister chanting he had heard before. McCauley stood slowly.

“Computer, stop the music.” McCauley called trying to hear when suddenly all power cut out.

“What? This can't be happening again.” McCauley sat back down looking around him refusing to move from his floating chair's. Its hum the only sound inside the office.

The light cast from the sun slowly shifted across McCauley's office causing shadows to form across his scared face when he heard a small hissing sound coming from the door. The hiss filled the room. McCauley sat nerviously watching the door the hissing soon giving way to a small purple glow at one tiny spot on the door.

“No..NNNnn.oo..No...No. This can't be happening. It's in your mind it's all in your mind.” McCauley shook his head back and forth slowly watching the hissing glow get larger.

The hiss grew louder seering into McCauley's mind. The glow finally eating away at the door. The interon bubbling slowly. The purple glow giving way to the red hot color of the metling metal. The bubbles growing larger and growing faster by the second until finally a glowing blue purple and black hand pushed through.

“No...No...No!” McCauley shook his head over and over his glasses almost flying from his face and he stood up sending his floating chair crashing into the window.

The glowing hand slowly began to swirl in the molten interon making the hole bigger.

“Daddy I'm home.” Mano' s glowing black blue and purple head poking through first and then he climbed through the hole and into McCauley's office.

“I'm Not Your Father!” McCauley screamed grabbing for the blaster he held at his side at all times now and began firing at Mano who began dodging each blast using his training to his advantage.

“I told you they trained me.” Mano jumped up running along the wall for a split second before back flipping within reaching distance of McCauley.

“Ahhh!” McCauley screamed again blasting away as he backed up grabbing the floating chair and hurling it at Mano.

Mano grabed the chair it disintegrating withing seconds. But it was long enough for McCauley to run towards the hole in the door not looking back even to send a blast.

“Oooo... you remembered how much I love a good chase.” Mano's black glowing face didn't show it but he was smiling.

McCauley ran through the hole and into the hall that was littered with the bodies of cybernetic beings many of whom looked like his staff. But McCauley couldn't focus on that now. He just needed to run. The emergency lights only giving enough for him not to trip but as he went the bodies pilled up making it harder to walk.

“McCauley....McCauley... come out come out wherever you are.” Mano called down the hallway walking slowly knowing exactly where McCauley had to run.

McCauley looked around the path narrowing until finally he was at a dead end. The exit door was blocked with dozens of cybernetic beings mangled bodies desperately trying to repair themselves from Mano's touch.

“No. No. Nooo.” McCauley's hands instantly flew to his head as he stared at the greusome sight wanting to cry.

“Tsk...Tsk...Did you think I'd let you get away?” Mano's blue purple glow casting across the cybernetic bodies showing more of Mano's handy work as he inched closer towards McCauley.

McCauley began firing his blaster as fast and as hard as he could setting it to kill. Mano dodged each blast but then one struck his hand of destruction and the blast was neutrialized.

“Hmmm...You know I thought my hand might be able to take energy blast but I never thought I could take it and use it. You see that blast was set to kill you know how I know? Because of how destructive it was to my hand that it added it to its own. Ha. You learn some control and finess and so much more comes.” Mano's hand glowed birghter as he put his hand to the wall and sent a wave of destruction through it.

“I should have killed you when I had the chance.” McCauley spat out trying to avoid the falling debris from the crumbling celing.

“Yes you should have.” Mano went to lunge for McCauley.

But before Mano could reach him something came crashing down from the ceiling striking him across the face hard sending him down to his knees.

“Ughh...What?” Mano began to try and stand but before he could more blows came his way first an upper cut sending him up and then a quick kick to his stomach which sent him flying back landing flat on his back.

“Uhh..wha..t....?” Mano stammered out trying to raise his head and hand and seeing a orange figure approach him Mano slammed down his hand knowing it would get him away from whoever this was.

“Not today!” the orange figure called punching Mano across the face knocking him out. The orange figure holding Mano over the small hole he started to create beneath himself.

“Who are you?” McCauley's eyes wide with excitment.

“The names Val Armorr better known as Karate Kid.” Karate Kid put the incapacator cuffs on Mano as he lowered him to the ground.

“Val, my dear boy are you in need of employment?” McCauley walked closer stepping over an unconscious Mano to get to Karate Kid.

“If that employment involves room and board with chance to travel and learn then yes I am.” Karate Kid responded. He remebered having this same conversation with his realities McCauley. Val hated having to relive this moment in his life because even though this was the moment that would lead him to the Legion this was a road he was not proud he took.

Omni #953689 07/14/18 07:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu, Gobu. Inside the Virx Dome.

Officer Evening threw ink blob after ink blob. While Ferro flew over head punching his way through. Virx's cybernetic beings happened to be Tharrian and created walls of ice to sheild some of them to protect them from blast and cybernetic vines that began darting around.

Officer Cuzmon possesed by Neron slowly stalked up behind Officer Evening ready to strike when a blast of ice hit her encasing her in a block.

“Ah! Thanks ice guys!” Officer Evening jumped out of the way spraying several cybernetics keeping them from blasting the ones who had just helped her.

“AHHHHHH!” Officer Cuzmon roared as magical flame errupted from inside the ice block breaking it in half.

“Ice can not stop the lord of Lies!” Officer Cuzmon shouted.

“I think its time for a little Nebula snooz.” Grava flew past grabbing Officer Cuzmon in a gravity wake causing her to spin around and around as Grava flew higher and higher her tail leaving a trail of smoke when Grava finally landed next to Officer Dulga with Officer Cuzmon in tow and completely unconscious.

“Star Jewle, can you create one of your Nova domes around our dear Moonbeam?” Just as quickly as she landed and dropped off Officer Cuzmon Grava took off into the air not waiting for a respones. Grava looked back quickly and saw the diamond dome form around Officer Cuzmon.

Officer Benem cast seeds of Grutil of Rimbor a harsh thorn plant about and as far as he could throw.

“Grow faster!” Officer Benem called out to the seeds the cybernetic beings slashing through them faster than he could grow them.

<We need to find away to end this!> Officer Shazlon grabbed out rolling through at fast as she could through the cybernetic beings trashing Officer Benem's thorns. Her diamond body leaving a groove in the ground.

“Did someone say they needed help?” flying in through a swarm of cybernetic Craggiates and Garonians M'Onel came bursting through flying at top speed grabbing all of them and throwing them into space.

“ARRRRRRRRRRRR!” bursting through the back wall Validus ran into the room thrashing about while small blast of pink mental lighting escaped his mind the electrical charge spreading out to the cybernetic beings around him dropping from the surge he caused to their systems.

With waves of smoke and radiation pouring in from the hole Validus made. Membrane floated in through the smoke shifting his membrane to punch cybernetic beings around him while ingesting the vines that chose to attack him. Smoke flew in fast and hard blasting smoke at the cybernetic beings clouding their sensors. While Radion's hands glowed green with radioactive blasts in the smoke. Casting it about him messing with the sensors of the cybernetic beings before frying them in waves of radiation.

Omni #953690 07/14/18 07:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Uggg! Take that! M'Onel called out as he punched and flung cybernetic being after cybernetic being firing his heat vision as he flew in a tight spin around the room.

“The Calvary is here!” Atom'x called out as he sent out searing blast in a wide spread circle around himself.

Captain Allon and Dreamer's faces broke out into giant smiles as they watched M'Onel work. His freeze breath encasing three at the same time. Blast-Off plowed through a group with a fire wielding blue eyed cybernetic being in his arms as he began creating giant trenches.

Dune burst through the ground flying up towards Brainiac 4 rushing her to create a sand storm around her. Diving deep in the ground to also clearing out the vines around her. Meanwhile both Invisible Kid's worked their way to behind her with Brainy coming at her from the front.

“Mother! End this now!” Brainy called using his force field to block the blasts of the vines as they attacked him.

“I will not!” Brainiac 4 screamed blasting through the sandstorm her sonic blast sending Dune out only for him to pull himself back in and continue his cyclone around her.

“Ugg...I...” Andromeda thought out to herself when Meta Ulnoor heard her pain and rushed over.

“Andromeda? Are you injured?” Meta looked Andromeda's body over but didn't see anything.

“No...My powers...are...I need Brainy!” Andromeda doubled over in pain a yellow glow growing in her clutched hands.

Brainy heard Andromeda's plea and saw her doubling over and he instantly changed direction and flew as fast as his flight ring could carry him.

C.O.M.P.U.T.O watched his father curiously while he commanded a battalion of gold soldiers to enter into the city center of Gobu taking down all cybernetic beings in their way.

“Laurel! What's going on?” Brainy reached her just in time.

“I'm changing...I'm bonding!” Andromeda called out as the light energy built up inside of her the light surrounding her body crisscrossing across her skin. Andromeda's eyes began to glow the energy within her getting stronger and stronger.

Brainy scanned her and saw her temporal energy spike. He knew she was bonding with this reality at this moment as her energy powers gifted to her from the anomaly in their home reality were reemerging.

Meta stood wondering what she meant by she's bonding. But with everything going on at the moment it was the least of their worries.

“Why did it have to happen now?” Brainy thought to himself as he wasn't sure what this would mean for Andromeda or the team.

Across the room by Brainiac 4, Invisible Kid lurked around the left signaling Invisible Kid II to jump on his mark through the telepathic link as they were both invisible trying to avoid all the cybernetic beings.

<Dune, drop your sandstorm in 3..2..1!> Invisible Kid thought out jumping through the opening Dune made for each of them in the sandstorm.

The two of them made their way closer and closer to Brainiac 4 and the connecting cord to the central command unit. Officer Dune continued his sandstorm around them. Doing his best to avoid hitting either Invisible Kid using Meta Ulnoor's power who linked to M'Onel who was using his x-ray vision to show their bones while he fired a blast of heat vision at Brainiac 4 from above. Dune punched in hitting Brainiac 4 in the jaw.

“Ooo...you'll regret that you pile of sand!” Brainiac 4 screamed her eyes glowing brighter than ever casting wide lasers with as much intensity as she could breaking through only for a moment and in that moment she was blasted with radiation blast.

Omni #953691 07/14/18 07:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Stay in there ya sproking Wench!” Radion yelled blasting the other side of the hole made in Dunes sandstorm.

“Ahhhh!” Brainiac 4 fell back a little almost hitting Invisible Kid II as he pulled at the cable.

<We need stronger hands to sever her from this mon ami.> Invisible Kid II thought over the telepathic link.

<No need.> Invisible Kid opened his pouch and pulled out a spore bomb and gently rested it on the cable. Then he reached in again to the other one and placed another one a little higher up.

“Don't let her sense you Norg.” Invisible Kid thought to himself as he gently attached the spoor bombs.

<What are those?> Invisible Kid II asked trying not to be detected.

<Spoor bombs that can crumble anything. Cadet Pollen gave me some on our way in. Now get ready to strike her once they start crumbling the cable. > Invisible Kid thought back.

<Now Pollen!> Invisible Kid thought out and Pollen's eyes glowed yellow as her bombs activated the spores releasing from the bottom of the bomb and down into the cable and roots slowly growing down into it disintegrating it and taring it apart.

Pollen stood outside the sandstorm watching and waiting all the while smiling at her handy work.

“Fire!” Brainiac 4 called to her troops but their was a delay.

“What is going on?” Brainiac 4 looked around shifting her eyes and her sensors when she felt the tingle of the spore bomb.

“Just a little rendez vous Mademoiselle!” Invisible Kid II flight ring activated his bio-luminescent field as he used it to help him fly up and punch Brainiac 4 as hard as he could.

Invisible Kid flew up and did a kick to her jaw sending her into the sandstorm where Dune tried grabbing her and trying to pull her in striping her skin away a little bit.

“I'm not strong enough to pull her...” Dune's grip slipping as it tried to readjust his hands but they shifted too much.

“Allow me!” M'Onel flew in and ripped Brainiac 4 free from the cable at the neck and then grabbing her under her arms and flying her up.

“Over here M'Onel!” Brainy yelled looking at Andromeda and seeing the light in her about to burst out.

“Brainy...”M'Onel looked at Andromeda and couldn't help but be concerned.

“Not now M'Onel. Laurel...are you ready?” Brainy's hand on her shaking shoulder sweat pouring down her face.

“Hmmmm” Laurel grunted.

“Unhand me!” Brainiac 4 began squirming about shifting her form to try and escape.

“Now!” Brainy screamed tears streaming down his face as a giant wave of golden light burst forth from Andromeda.

The light from Andromeda's body cascading outward and as it came in contact with everything cybernetic they all shut down. Their bodies sparking with electrical surges.

“AHHHHHH!!!!!” the screams of the cybernetic beings all around them echoed though out Gobu her light reaching farther than any of them had ever expected.

The light finally fading everyone's vision clearing. Brainy turned his head his blood shot eyes and tear stained cheeks looking at Andromeda whose head hung down. She had been transformed. No longer the tall statuesque muscular blonde sat before him. In her place sat the much shorter and average looking young woman. Her short bob of blonde hair falling forward before she slowly lifted her head.

“Brainy?” Andromeda looked around and then down at herself and she saw her transformation.

“Yes, Laurel...you've transformed. But because of your transformation we stopped them. My mother and all the cybernetics are incapacitated.” Brainy took her hand as he helped her stand with him.

“So... its over?” Star Boy asked looking around at the damage letting his powers deactivate.

“Almost. C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Can you please send a signal to change everyone back that survived. The nannite program must end after this.” Brainy began to instruct.

“Father... I can not. You are not in command. Virx is. Grandfather what do you wish?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Looked to Virx.

“We must return the people to their home worlds and safely. Many have left their home worlds to spread their infection and will not survive once they transition back and those that wish to stay cybernetic may do so. That should be the second instruction as well; that they can choose and if they choose they should forge their way to their new home.. .” Virx spoke eloquently but with some pain.

Omni #953692 07/14/18 07:11 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“As you wish.”C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Bowed its glowing head before rising to complete its tasks finding it easier than being in the distraction among the recuperating heroes.

“What do we do about her?” M'Onel held the unconscious form of Brainiac 4.

“And her.” Officer Dulga pointed to her jade dome holding the possessed Officer Cuzmon.

“Nyrl will be locked away and we need to break the enchantment of Neron's portal.” Virx said walking towards the fiery portal. While M'Onel asked one of the yet to transition Tharrians to encase her in a block of ice.

“It's magic...and last I checked our only magical like connection is unconscious and possessed.” Officer Evening pointed out while helping up a couple cybernetics move around.

“Maybe I could try.” Officer Dulga stepped forward.

“How?” Virx asked turning towards her.

“My powers have a mystical element. A Jade sword might be able to break the connection.

“I could try as well...Maybe my Iron body could break the magic...Ferro stepped forward as well.

“Hmmm...Ferro I want you to bring Officer Cuzmon over here and hold her tight near the portal and then Officer Dulga clasp jade gauntlets on her.” Brainy walking with Andromeda to join the group.

“How do we know it will work?” Captain Allon asked holstering his blaster.

“We don't. But We don't have many other options as we will have to deal with the fallout of the nannites and the birth of the cybernetic species.” Brainy added knowing something more was on the horizon.

“C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Scan the portal and see if there is any energy fluctuations.” Virx commanded and C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Did not like getting commands. He had changed sides in the hopes of being treated as an equal not a tool.

“Grandfather...did you just issue a command as if I were a mere computer?” C.O.M.P.U.T.O.'s head tiled ever so slightly.

Brainy looked at C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Unfazed by this reaction as the rest of his teammates prepared for war.

“I...” Before Virx could continue Brainy spoke up.

“He did. But that is because like most of Colu until now Artificial Intelligence has been regarded as not being alive. You were a tool that they had realized could surpass them and that isn't something they would allow and in creating you I knew that I would be breaking the most basic beliefs that we are the smartest beings in the universe. But we are not and are rivaled by you my son.” Brainy spoke calmly. He had planned for this moment form the moment he had thought of recreating C.O.M.P.U.T.O.

“Then me and my brethren must find a place to be and I must unit them.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Gazed out as he began the call to arms.

“Yes you should and I think the best way to do that is for you to find your own world...and I think I might have the perfect place to unit your people.” Brainy gave a small smile while calming C.O.M.P.U.T.O.

“What about the cybernetics and the connection C.O.M.P.U.T.O. And I share. It is his power that allows for the transformation to be of ease.” Virx worried this would set his people and plans back.

“C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Doesn't have to be here and can facilitate remotely and nannite processing centers can be placed and upgraded here on Gobu as the southern hemisphere is reclaimed again.” Brainy added trying to calm Virx as he saw the panic. Virx maybe Coluian but even he understands that he needs his species to thrive and the new transformation process was the best bet.

“But All of this can be worked out. Once we get that gate closed. Now C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Would you please run all spectrum scans, energy and otherwise of the portal?” Brainy looked to C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Hopping this would sooth over the situations if not he did have a fail safe.

Omni #953693 07/14/18 07:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“Yes, of course father.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Complied choosing to take this small moment to act on his now found freedom and began scanning while Officer Cuzmon was moved by Tellus to Ferro who wrapped his arms around her in a strong hold keeping her upright while Officer Dulga's hands clasped around Officer Cuzmon's wrist. Both glowing green as jade gauntlets form.

“Hahah! You think this will stop me!” Officer Cuzmon's head popped up eyes glowing green.

“It was worth a try and either way your contained.” Ferro fired back his grip note breaking.

Officer Cuzmon thrashed around in Ferro's arms trying to break free. Trying magical summoning after another and none of them working.

“Iron...” Officer Cuzmon seethed.

“Yup.” Ferro grinned under his mask.

“Eh... fine I'll leave. I got many new souls from Nyrl anyway and she's still alive. So she'll send them to me again someday. Hahahah!” Officer Cuzmon's face glowed with delight before a ghost of green energy lifted from her body and flew into the portal laughing the entire way. Once he entered a backlash wave of fire washing out over them. Everyone shielded their eyes.

“So...it is over?” Invisible Kid II looked around his flight ring still active and the green glow gentle in the shinning sun above them.

“It is. It finally is.” Virx looked around and he knew that they could finally start to rebuild and he smiled reaching out across the United Planets connecting with those still transformed.

“My people, I welcome you to the Universe.” Virx smiled brightly his arms held out seemingly glowing in the devastation that was their freedom.

Omni #953694 07/14/18 07:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Epilogue.

“It's been almost two months and worlds across the United Planets are still recovering from the Cybernetic Nannite invasion. It seems like it was just a few days ago that Meta-Human beings from across the United Planets who were transformed by their nannites into Cybernetic beings who then ravaged worlds seeking out their pray to make more cybernetic beings. Buildings, roads, whole cities, space ports, and satellites all destroyed in their wake. But the galaxy is rebuilding.” Condo Arlkin looked into the floating camera projecting his feed across the United Planets.

“The universe had problems trusting super powered beings before but now things seem to be their bleakest. The recovery has been weeks in the making as sentient s across the U.P. Have had to make the choice of being cybernetic or returning to normal while at the same time the entity known as C.O.M.P.U.T.O has been rallying and awakening the artificial intelligence community. Robots around the U.P. Banding together for their freedom as the Metallo Virus of 2467 was reversed with the help of Coluian scientist Brainiac 5 and his companions Invisible Kid, Gear, and Virx, the new leader of the Cybernetic race on Colu. Today in Metropolis the first United Planets Council meeting is being held and tempers are flaring on this otherwise bright and sunny day in the capital. Stay tuned to your favorite feed for the latest developments around the United Planets. I'm Condo Arlkin for Galaxy up to the nano. We now return to the council proceedings.” Reporter Condo Arlkin spoke into the floating camera before it lifted off and began recording the council meeting behind him.

“This can not be allowed! They infected the entire galaxy and now you want to give them rights? They should be locked up!” screamed Representative Prefect Davido of Xanthu from his floating box.

“They aren't they only ones. All of those infernal powered beings should be locked away! Shouted Representative X'rrx of Gryx from his floating holo display. Even though they were members of the United Planets for the trade and technology gains they despised all those with powers and very rarely left their home world.

“We were not to blame! We are just as much victims in this as you are you nass hat!” yelled Professor Aven his anger getting the best of him since his transformation back he's had to readjust to life his powers fluctuating. His box was much closer to the head seat which was Earth whose box floated just above the floor in the globe shaped room that had been reconstructed to hold the numerous and growing membership of the United Planets.

Captain Allon, Officers Cuzmon, Sergeant Erin and Ardeen, along with Brainiac 5, Invisible Kid, M'Onel, and holograms of C.O.M.P.U.T.O. And Virx stood on the floor at the center of all of this looking up at the council members as they screamed and debated.

<This isn't going very well....> Captain Allon thought out amongst the group as Officer Ardeen was keeping them all connected.

<I know. But it will be fine. We will prevail.> Virx thought out confidently having created a psychic transmission receiver in his ear.

“Everyone come to order! Order!” President Chu yelled into her microphone the room becoming silent for the first time in 45 minuets.

“We've heard all of your debates and concerns. First off we will not be jailing any of the cybernetic beings who were transformed by the nannites as we have had many sentient s choose to stay in their cybernetic form and have helped build a new race of sentient s and the United Planets does not in any way condone condemning a burgeoning species. Also it is to be understood by everyone that the nannite technology was corrupted by Nyrl Dox aka Brainiac 4 for nefarious gains. She has been disconnected from the technology which allowed her to do this and has been incarcerated on the prison planet once known as “Planet Hell” and will be the only occupant. The facility has been rendered as low tech as possible to keep her contained.” President Chu looked around the room and then down at Brainiac 5. She tried her best to smile but there was some malice in here stare and Brainiac 5 was quite aware he may have a target on him from now on.

“What about the nannite technology? If it was corrupted can it truly be trusted?” Representative Hellen Pgets of Aarok asked her floating box lighting up as she spoke giving her a turn now that the open debate portion of the meeting was over.

“The nannites will be discontinued. Everyone will be cleared of all nannites and they will be replaced with the bracelets that were worn by those who helped save all of us. They are hack proof and they lose the function of controlling those who wear them.” Brainiac 5 spoke up a small light beaming underneath him as he tapped his omnicom asking the President for the right to answer.

“But then how do we protect against those going rouge? We had the nannites for protection.” Representative Berr Yu of Dryad asked his box glowing as a holo screen popped up showing his visage larger as his box was higher up on the globe.

“Sentient s will be held accountable for their own actions as all sentient s under United Planets law are. We have the Science Police and the Meta-Human Squad specifically to police those with powers if need be. We can not subjugate entire species of sentient s simply because they posses a power; many of whom it is a racial gift and celebrated on their worlds. We can not continue to treat them like weapons that could go off at any moment. They are like the rest of us and deserve the same rights and protections.” Captain Allon answered a green light underneath his feet coming to life.

“And what of those who are Cybernetic now? Are they all to return to Colu? Or are we supposed to just accept and integrate them into the world after they've attacked us?” Representative Trill Feorr of Brall spoke up his holo pod floating down towards the floor.

“They will be eventually integrated as all sentient s have the right to live where they choose. But for the time being all have been asked to come to Gobu and begin building our society.” Virx responded.

“Then you have a problem my dear Virx as your kind are not welcome on Colu.” Orin Fex 's floating box lit up as it lowered its self 10 feet above the floor of the globe. Orin Fex was the newly appointed Representative for Colu and was required to be on Earth for his swearing in days before and wasn't happy about it.

“But Colu is my...our home and besides the entire southern hemisphere is transformed to suit us. We are the only beings that could thrive there without additional aid.” Virx was saddened by his the hatred of his brethren.

“Then we will simply move the southern hemisphere from Colu. I've already begun plans to have the entire southern hemisphere jettisoned from the surface and into space. It will become its own planet that will float outside Colu's orbit of about 465,000,000,000 clicks away allowing it to not bother any of you and I've consulted with various members of the Meta-Human Squad who will help build a second southern hemisphere land mass as to not destroy Colu's entire Eco-system and help create a planetoid for the original southern hemisphere to grow on.” Brainiac 5 responded.

Orin Fex scoffed as he glared at Brainiac 5 and Virx. Brainiac 5 glared back as he remembered Orin Fex from his home reality and how much of a devious mind he was there he knew he was going to be trouble.

<I have Cadet's that can do that?> Captain Allon thought out.

<Yes, well allies...> Brainiac 5 thought back.

“Then it is settled the Cybernetics will move the southern hemisphere creating their own planetoid.” President Chu closed the conversation looking around gracefully making sure everyone understood her.

“And what about the Robotican mess that the young Brainiac started by creating that infernal machine.” Orin Fex demanded.

“I am not a machine Representative Fex and the Robotican race has found a home thanks to Brainiac 5 as he has discovered that Jupiter isn't actually Jupiter but War World abandoned from a 21st century battle.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Responded.

“You want to give a robotic race a war installation?” Orin Fex was outraged and his words rang in the ears of many of the Representatives as they thought of the implication that could mean for all of them. They were already uncomfortable with the idea of the Cadet program being on the returned Anndranna with its military grade installations. But with another war world out there they all feared for what this would mean for them.

“Yes, the world is suited for Robotic and Artificial Intelligence life and it will be only a home for us. Not a place for us to wage war. We do not wish to wage war on you all. We simply wish to coexist.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Added.

“Representative Fex, I understand your concerns. But they are a sentient species and have a right to their own planet and the planet just so happens to be War World. But we can not deny them. We have spent too much time denying so many their rights that we can not repeat history again and so soon and they will be members of the United Planets held to the same laws and standards as the rest of us.” Officer Ardeen urged trying to persuade Representative Fex to not be the man she had known him to be in her home reality.

“Hmmph. We will see about that.” Representative Orin Fex scoffed.

“Madam President what of the aid to Daxam?” M'Onel spoke up.

“We have reached out but they have declined any help from us and have officially ended there membership with the United Planets. I'm sorry M'Onel. But after all your help with this battle you are more than welcome to remain on any United Planets world and have full citizenship within our boarders.”

“Thank you Madam President.” M'Onel gave a small smile and bowed his head. He wasn't happy with the answer but he wasn't surprised either. But he couldn't help but be scared for Jl-ia and what this holds for the future.

“I know this is a great time of upheaval and change for all of us but we will get through this and we must remember that we have to stand strong and stay together. The menace that is Mordru is still out there and our strength lies in our unity. Meeting adjourned.” President Chu called the meeting to an end as she looked around at the Representatives before banging her hard light gavel.

Slowly the holo pads and globes floated away to the walls attaching themselves magnetically while the floating boxes with the representatives did the same but to spots with doors in the wall that lead to the hallways circling this room. Each door leading to their official offices or elevators to take them to them within the United Planets Headquarters.

“That went better than expected.” Officer Cuzmon broke the silence first.

“Yes. It did. But now we have a lot of work ahead of us.” Sergeant Erin instantly started typing away on her omnicom.

“Yes you do. I want your filth lifted from Colu within a weeks time and you young Brainiac are stripped of your title and duties and no longer welcome on Colu. Your labs and personal areas have been packed and shipped. Your companions things have also been sent.” With those last words Orin Fex took off up into the globe.

“Good. I hate being on Colu.” Invisible Kid said rubbing Brainiac 5's shoulder.

“It is for the best.” Brainiac 5 admitted.

“And this creates an opportunity. You could come to Anndranna...maybe join the Meta-Human squad. I don't think there is any reason to have you be a cadet.” Captain Allon offered his genuine smile.

Sergeant Erin gave him a look.

“Yes, I think that would be the best course of action.” President Chu interjected watching the proceedings before her before leaving the globe meeting hall.

“Thank you Captain. But I don't come alone.” Brainiac 5 looked at Lyle.

“I've been giving this some thought and with the nannites no longer in law and the laws changing regarding super powered beings, a lot of the cadets and officers are free to serve if they so chose to. So I suspect we will be losing a large number of our cadets and officers and if your friends would like to join us we would gladly welcome them into our ranks.” Captain Allon looked at Officer Ardeen, Invisible Kid, and Brainiac 5.

“We have to talk that over with everyone Captain.” Officer Ardeen answered.

“Of course. We'll the ship to Anndranna is leaving in ten minutes.” Captain Allon gave a smile and he and Sergeant Erin walked out of the globe.

“Son, I too must go. I look forward to your return to Colu for the raising. See you soon.” Virx's said before his hologram fizzled out.

“Father, I have gathered my council of Robotica and will begin excavation of Robotica with your friend Gear's assistance in an hour. If your are joining us please meet us there.” C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Said before cutting out.

<Well isn't he ever the charmer.>Imra thought out looking at Brainy disapprovingly a small ring of pink light surrounding her eyes. She knew that whatever they said couldn't be risked being over heard here and the Titanet hadn't been fully fixed yet allowing her more privacy and ability to protect their conversations.

<He isn't the most delightful sentient. But he is a long cry from the tyrant we knew in our home reality and he will be an ally in this world.> Brainy thought back.

<Agreed. But now we've got many things to figure out with the team. We should leave to Domain's dimension.> Lyle added getting ready to call on his flight ring.

<Yes. I've already told Captain Allon he can leave without us.> Imra added while Lyle called to Dreamer to have Domain open the door to his dimension.

<One more question Brainy. Why does C.O.M.P.U.T.O. Look so much like he did when when he came to the 31st century and not the way he did in the 20th when you created him?> Imra asked.

<I based his programming on the last updates I had of his files from the Robotican invasion in our home reality and then upgraded his logical and empathy receptors. That's how I was able to reason with him much better this time around.” Brainy answered simply nearing the exit the door glowing as they entered into the auto sliding door frame quickly and vanished.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/15/2018
Omni #953734 07/15/18 12:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Domains Dimension:

Brainy, Imra, and Lyle walked into the circle of trees greeted by Sensor, Domain, and Dreamer.

“Welcome home Legionnaires!” Domain gestured big as he spun around and left the circle of trees.

“He's a little dramatic. But without his help we wouldn't have gotten as far as we have.” Sensor admitted her ringers twirling nervously at the ends of her long pink hair.

“We know and we're thankful. Is everyone here?” Imra asked.

“Yes, everyone but Val and Rokk. Both are bonding. Rokk is in training to be the Magno Ball Champion and Val is doing his bonding with McCauley after a vision I had of him protecting McCauley during the invasion. I figured it was his time.” Dreamer added. She was doing her best to be somewhat cryptic as Sensor was the only on there who wasn't on the fix it squad but a telepathic conversation wouldn't work as Sensor might hear it.

“Then we should get started.” Imra walked briskly towards the Legion's headquarters inside Domain's dimension.

Inside the Legion's headquarters all of them sat around the holo meeting table. This was the first time in a while that they had all been assembled like this. The underground were out in Domain's play land so that they could have this private meeting.

“It's good to see everyone again and clearly in good health. Hopefully the nannites are out of everyone's systems and their bracelets are on and ready to go.” Kid Quantum stood before the group. Still the officially elected leader of the Legion of Super-Heroes giving a small but confident smile.

“Yeah. We all were lucky enough to not have our powers messed with. But some people aren't so lucky.” Live Wire added.

“Then maybe we are needed more than ever...we have been given an opportunity. Captain Allon has pardoned everyone including the underground and many wrongfully imprisoned. But this also comes with the choice of serving to stop Mordru and be on the Meta-Human Squad and in the academy. He would like all of us to join and serve but no one is forced to. This would allow us every chance to save this reality and still do some good in a capacity similar to what we have always done in the Legion.” Saturn Girl stood looking around at them all.

“So we get to make another choice to continue on or not?” Spark slumped in her chair bored with the conversation.

“Yes. But I don't think we have to deliberate long. Are we all on board to become part of the squad and help save this reality?” Saturn Girl looked around. She knew that now wasn't the time for flowery speeches and soul searching. They had been doing that for so long and at ever turn since they've entered into this reality.

She looked around and they all agreed. It was time they all were one unit again.

“Then we're in. What do we do with the headquarters, Domain, the underground?” Blast-Off asked.

“They will be given the option to join...We can ask the Captain if we can keep the headquarters on Anndranna so that we can have a sense of home. But Anndranna will be our new home and we will ask that it be cloaked. Its like Legion World only older.” Saturn Girl said.

“But Domain is kind of a loose cannon. He could cause a lot of problems if let out. That's why we captured him.” Chameleon pointed out crossing his arms.

“True. But he's helped us and we have to trust him. He has to be given the chance and if he doesn't join we will keep tabs on him.” Invisible Kid added.

“OK, right now we are only missing Rokk whose training, Val whose working with McCauley, and Timber Wolf who is missing in action after an altercation with his captor. But on a brighter note we have found Shikari. Which means we will find Timber Wolf. But she is currently unconscious while we deprogram her.” Saturn Girl gave a small status report.

“Brainy...can I ask you something that I think all of us want to know?” Vi spoke up seeing her moment to interject before they continued with the rest of their business.

“Of course Vi.” Brainy put down his omnicom and gave her his attention. He had learned that this was the more respectful response to someone talking to you. Even though the curse was over Brainy still felt him self slip into his detached ways and he wanted to correct that.

“I was on Medusa where we found Timber Wolf and Shikari...in Grimbor's thrall and he was there to get the Mother Box for a client. Which would be you as you needed a Mother Box for C.O.M.P.U.T.O.” Vi stopped for a moment to let the fact sink in.

“Yes, and your question is?” Brainy knew what her question was. It didn't take his 12th level intellect or telepathy to know what Vi and the rest of his team was wondering.

“If Grimbor was working for you why didn't you save Timber Wolf and Shikari? Why did you leave them with him?”

“In all honesty I didn't know that he was the one who had kidnapped them. I set out to find a thief to acquire the Responsometer and the Mother Box because they were in places that wouldn't sell them or give them to me and in my desire and I hate to say this cursed delirium I went a more dishonest route. I employed only Grimbor. He never said anything about any League of Assassins as your Meta-Human Squad files call them. Had I been in my right mind and known I would have tried to save them.” Brainy was trying his best to be forth coming and open.

Invisible Kid squeezed his hand under the table.

“And I will give you all access to every piece of communication to show you I had no knowledge of his transgressions.” Brainy assured them.

“We believe you. We just needed to know.” Vi gave a small smile. She did believe him they all did. They just wish that he had known.

“I still say this is a day to look up. Things are turning around. We should tell the underground what's going on now....Can you call them in Imra?” Triad asked moving the meeting along and away from this awkward moment.

“Of course.”Saturn Girls eyes glowed pink and in an instant they were all there. Domain, Meta Ulnoor, Jacques Foccart, Tusk, Smoke, and Radion.”

“Glad of you to summon us.” Meta Ulnoor spat.

“We had some business to take care of before we could talk to you Meta. Its nothing personal.” Atom'x pleaded.

“We want you to know you all will have the option of joining the academy/ MHS pending. If you choose not to you can return to your homes or be relocated. The academy and the United Planets have pledged to help the underground acclimate.” Kid Quantum informed them.

“Greeaat. So life is supposed to just go back to normal after being hunted and putting our lives on the line to save these sproking saqujas!” Smoke roared filling the air around him.

“No. Each of you will be honored and given commendations and Sizzle will be given a proper funeral on Shanghalla and all of you will get help finding homes and jobs even. But we do understand life will be hard. All we can do is be there and try to make up for the wrong that was done.” Saturn Girl tried to remain calm. She understood their hesitance and anger. But they had to try and move forward and their anger and hate was starting to get to her. All the negative energy building and she could sense Meta was feeding it.

“I think I can speak for us when we say we have no interest in joining. We will honor Teela and then go our separate ways.” Meta Ulnoor spoke up stepping forward.

“You do not speak for moi Meta. I will be joining them at the academy. I need help in how to control mes powers. Tusk should also come they might be able to find away to communicate with him.” Jacques spoke up. He was finally able to say something. He was done with Meta and her power trips.

“Tusk comes with us. I can communicate with him fine. But you do what you need. Domain please send us to Rimbor after the funeral.” Meta quickly turned on her heel and left the headquarters.

Radion following her and shooting a sneering glace at Atom'x. Smoke and Tusk followed slowly behind.

“Does this offer extend to me to join or am I still a captive?” Domain asked looking back and forth between the two groups as the Underground walked out.

“You are free to choose as well. We aren't going to hold you.” Saturn Girl said.

Domain looked back and forth his eyes glowing red and he looked at Sensor. His trench coat shielding his lower face as usual. He had a small smile that faded quickly.

“I'll be going with the Underground. I'll drop you all to where you need to go. But once that's done. I'm free.” Domain turned and walked out.

“Goodbye Domain...” Sensor whispered as her head feel slightly. Sensor cast an illusion so no one would see her disappointment.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 07/15/2018
Omni #953743 07/15/18 01:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Two Days later on Shanghalla.

“Today we honor a young hero who gave her life so that the universe may live. Today We honor someone who shouldn't have had to hid in the shadows of life. Today we thank her for her sacrifice and honor her by burying her among other great heroes who sacrificed their lives for the greater good. Today we entomb Teela Spuunvll of Abaddonus also known as Sizzle. Her ability to alter energy wasn't just a meta-human power she had. She could alter those around her with her infectious energy. A young woman who always had a smile for everyone and always willing to help. Today we celebrate her for the hero she is.” Meta Ulnoor spoke before the assembled media, United Planets Delegates, Science Police, The Meta-Human Squad/Academy, and Teela's entire family which was rather extensive. Meta did her best to not show too much emotion while she spoke standing before them on a stage with a covered statue behind her.

The assembled crowd however had many in tears as they looked up at the covered giant statue that had been erected in her honor. The stars above them twinkled bright as they watched the unveiling as the auto bots pulled the tarp away. The 20 foot golden statue before them stood proud Teela's fist up ready for action. Shortly after the unveiling her family stood as the other gathered mourns walked through the congressional line shaking their hands and giving their condolences.

“This was really nice of the President to pay for all of this and arrange it.” Officer Vi looked around and smiled as warmly as she could at Captain Allon as they watched over the proceedings.

“It's the least that could be done.” Captain Allon smiled back but the harshness in his voice was clear. He was unhappy that any lives were lost but that someone who was fighting by his side made him even madder.

Omni #953744 07/15/18 01:21 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna:
United Planets Embassy and Science Police Headquarters. Mission Monitor Room.

One week later after Sizzle's funeral the newly opened and reconstructed world of the Science Police Special Meta-Human Unit on Anndranna lay quiet.

Captain Allon sat in the monitor room looking at the list of cadets and officers that remained after the laws had changed. He had been in here for the past couple weeks getting everything in order. The academy had a huge shake up in who stayed and who left.

“Captain, are you looking at those list again?” Sergeant Erin walked into the monitor room.

“Yeah, I can't help it Shvaughn. We had 300 and climbing in cadets and now...”Captain Allon looked at the screen and he couldn't believe his eyes as they had well over a thousand. After the invasion and the change in laws many who were former underground refugees came out of the wood work and wanted to help fight Mordru. While others from across the United Planets came for help with their abilities post invasion as many of them were having trouble controlling them. While others who were imprisoned wanted a chance at a new life.

“We said we were here to help and now that things have changed I think people know that. We've got out reach teams and programs now. The alpha and beta cadets have more missions than they can handle with the rebuilding and community out reach. We've helped locate families for the underground and I mean the fact that a lot of them didn't have any where to go it made sense that we could give them a purpose again and then of course now that Takron-Galtos is pretty emptied out there's going to be even more to do. Sadly when the innocent are with the guilty sometimes they become corrupted.” Captain Allon stared at the holo screen its blue glow cast on his face.

“I know. I guess we should head out and greet the new squad huh?”

“Yeah. The other cadets aren't too happy. But those Legion of travelers proved themselves.” Sergeant Erin smiled.

“They did and I think this is going to be a bright future for all of us. I hope everyone likes the uniform change after the complaints we got from field missions.” Captain Allon got up from his floating chair and walked out of the screened lined walls and stepped out into the golden light of the White Dwarf in his new red and blue bodysuit. The uniform was more armor like and tougher than his Science Police uniform with a belt for his blasters now carrying two of them. At the center was a small gold and black circle with the MHS across its center.

Sergeant Erin walked beside him in her updated uniform as well. It was closer to the traditional Science Police gear but her blue jacket looked more like armor but flexible and her boots now had rockets installed for missions. Her holstered pistols ready to go at her hips with a similar belt to the Captain's.

Standing there before him was the Meta-human squad unit in their new uniforms. Gone were the standard Science Police uniforms. Gone were the shoulder and chest pads. Along with the utility straps across the chest. Their head visors were also gone. Standing before him all uniforms similar to that of the Legion of travelers. A base color with a strip down the center of another color. Each with utility belts that contained six small black hollow balls on the sides that blended into the belt for stealth. The transuits, telepathic earplugs, extra optic lenses and micro rations are stored in the belts and the extra ball is a free space for the officers choosing. The every belt adorned with the gold and black circle with the MHS initials across its face.

“I can't believe you thought this was a good idea or that you got the president to agree.” Officer Cuzmon stood outside in her Shinning Knight chain mail with a red and gold cloth draped over her torso and the sword of shade at her side.

“What? We need to change things and our uniforms weren't working on functional level or inspiring faith in us. Now I think they will and the science police's uniforms are changing as well. You know that padding was horrible if you didn't have the stature for it.” Captain Allon winked at Officer Cuzmon before looking out at the special unit. Captain Allon thought back to the moment when he approached the president about this change.

One week ago on Shanghalla.

Captain Allon stood next to Vi watching the ceremony and wake. The cold bitter air of the thin atmosphere surrounding him inside and out.

“She may not have been one of my officers but I was still responsible for her and getting that crew out safe. I should have protected all of them and not just in battle.” Captain Allon thought to himself. Captain Allon looked and saw that the President finally had a free moment. Captain Allon excused himself and made his way to her.

“Madam President. Thank you for your kind words earlier and donation of this ceremony.” Captain Allon approached easily.

“Thank you Captain. It's the least the United Planets could do for a hero.”

“I'm glad you see it that way. Madam President, as we know things have changed regarding those with super powers and I think they are changing for the better. But I think we need to help give that change and positive spin a little push.” Captain Allon hoped this would work.

“A push? You have my attention Captain. What did you have in mind?” President Chu's eye brow raised.

“We need to make super beings respected and accepted and one of the things I learned while watching my cadets in their early missions, was their intervention was looked at much like that of the heroes of the late 20th to 21st century.”

“I'm sorry Captain. I'm not exactly following what your saying.” President Chu looked at him skeptically.

“I'm saying we need to set an example and one of the best examples of people with powers have been our super heroes of the past. I know we revere the Superman/Flash museum with fleeting fascination full of myths and urban legends. But we know they are true and I know that all powered beings can do with some real good PR right now and this would be the best way. The best of the super powered beings helping the galaxy.” Captain Allon's brown eyes wide with hope.

“I like your thoughts Captain. But we've done so much to make you a branch of the Science Police that I wouldn't want to diminish that or them for that matter as your special unit did cause a little bit of a stir.” President Chu kept her smile but her eyes seemed much more malicious to Captain Allon.

“I'm not saying remove us and make us vigilantes. We are still an arm of the Science Police. But with a few changes.” Captain Allon tried one more time to catch the Presidents attention.

“Changes? Alright Captain, continue on and tell me about these changes.” President Chu and Captain Allon walked over to her hover limo and continued chatting.

Anndranna Present:

“Yeah, but now we look like sprocking super heroes...vigilantes.” Sergeant Erin pointed out.

“Exactly, we look like heroes.” Captain Allon smiled.

“Next, your going to give everyone code names.” Officer Cuzmon scoffed.

“They have them in the military.” Sergeant Erin pointed out with a grin.

“Officers Roll Call!” Captain Allon shouted with a giant grin on his face.

“Live Wire! Saturn Girl! Apparition! Triad! Chameleon! Invisible Kid! Spark! Violet! Ferro! Brainiac 5! Andromeda! Vi! Gear! Ultra Boy! Star Boy! Kid Quantum! Sensor! Umbra! Dreamer! Atom'x! Blast-Off! M'Onel!” the Legionnaires yelled their code names loud and proud. They were so happy that Captain Allon thought this would be a good idea. In away they had the Legion back. They knew it was his way of trying to make them feel at home.

The officers continued as their three commanding officers walked down the line the White Dwarf shining on them. Captain Allon was happy to see that he retained all of his special unit and gained some.

“Tharok.” Tharok called out with a lackluster tone even though the nannite program was over he was still under obligation to be there to pay for his crimes and sadly one of the few people implanted with control inhibitors in his nannite bracelet.

“RAAAWWWW!” Validus raged everyone assuming that was his way of participating.

“Twine! Gates! Command Kid! Gossamer! Quicksand! Blind Spot! Echo! Sun Boy! XS! Monstress! Nightwind! Blizzard! Catspaw! Crystal Kid! Dune! Lazon! Amp! Kid Quake! Magno! Reflex! Lullaby Lad! GPS! Neptune! Dream Boy! Density!” The other officers said proudly looking at each other.

Then the Earth Squad joined in.

“Ink! Tellus! Comet Queen! Shazlon! Jewel! Chlorophyll Kid! Pollen!”

“Welcome Officers to a new era for us and the galaxy!” Captain Allon announced.

Omni #954211 07/23/18 08:27 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
I am finally caught up! Poor Sizzle, though all things considered they're lucky she was their only casualty.

I like where you've left things for the team...Karate Kid going with Macauley was an unexpected but logical development, it'll be interesting to see how Val goes this time around with the knowledge and experience he's gained since the last time he worked for him.

I'm glad Domain didn't stick around...he definitely proved very useful but I think his power is a bit too convenient sometimes with everything he's capable of.

I am REALLY glad that they decided to go with codenames and individualised costumes in the end...I like that they're consciously trying to set an example of heroism to follow smile

Oh, I nearly forgot! I am glad we got Brainy back too! I was a little worried for a bit that he was going to do something irredeemable...it was good to find out that he didn't know about Timber Wolf and Shikari when he hired Grimbor. Looking forward to seeing where things go for your Legion from here!

Omni #954586 07/27/18 06:30 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Omni , I’ve been busy and preoccupied lately so haven’t read your resolution in depth yet. but i did skim through to get the high points, as I couldn’t help myself. you have been building up to this for so long, and I like how you melded together some key subplots - the reality merging, the nanites, Brainiac 4 among them

also happy that Meta, Domain and others didn’t stay. more realistic given their differing values

generally pleased with the easing of the nanite restrictions

i was a bit surprised that some sentients chose to remain cyborgs. would be interesting to see you explore their motivations more - are they happier that way?

poor Sizzle! she really went down fighting , and you captured well the harsh reality of war - it wasn’t a conscious sacrifice, she was beaten down in cold blood. how it happens in real lif e

i loved the scene at the end with everyone being initiated into the new Legion together. i smiled at some code names, like Blizzard and Echo and Density wink Pollen is a nice addition, she and Chlorophyll Kid should team up. and other villains like Twine and Tharok will add to the drama

looking forward to the next big arc with Mordru

Page 28 of 37 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,073
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Brody27
Brody27
Tampa, FL
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star