Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 35 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:10 AM
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/26/24 08:12 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ENIGMA LASS & LULLABYE LAD 2 April*
#956364 08/20/18 06:46 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Harbinger's excellent Legion Worlds fanfic author's notes thread got me inspired to do something similar for my own series. I wasn't really sure how I wanted to progress with it though, as I don't really follow the same process for my own characters so I don't know if I'd have much to note.

Then I had an epiphany; my series has been going for long enough now that there are characters who pop up sometimes after a gap of a few years. I have been writing editor's notes when I remember to give a bit of background where necessary, but I'm pretty bad at remembering to be honest tongue

So I am going to use this thread as a Who's Who, based kind of loosely on the format DC used in the 80s. I'll only include homemade characters or canon characters who have experienced a significant development in my series (ie: Blok will get an entry at some stage because I gave him a power-up). Profiles will be updated whenever a character makes another appearance, and if a character's part of a team I'll just do one team entry instead of individual posts for everyone (in most cases).

I'm also going to use this post as an index, with links to each character's profile. The idea is if you are reading my series and someone appears you don't quite remember you should eventually be able to find their profile here in this thread.

Feedback is welcome! smile

CHARACTER INDEX
89 (see Oversight Watch)
Abyss (see the Workforce)
Alchemist
Alek Arcane
Amazoid
Amp
Antennae Lad (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry)
Aspect
Atta
Bioluminescent Lass (see the Workforce)
Black Dancer
Bouncing Boy (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry
Brainmass (see Forgotten Four)
Brittle (see Oversight Watch)
Catspaw
Cavalry (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry
Crystal Kid
Dev-Em (see Oversight Watch)
Diamond Damsel
Dogstar
Dragonmage
Elastic Lad
Emerald Emperor
Enigma Lass
Evolvo Lad
Fire Lass (deceased)
Forgotten Four
Fundament
Gear (see the Workforce)
Giant Turtle Boy (see the Neocaste)
Gravity Kid
Invisible Queen (see Forgotten Four)
Ion (see the Workforce)
Karate Kid III
Karth Arn
Key Kid
Kid Chemo
Kid Computo
King Canary
Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry
Life Lass
Light Lad
Lightning Lady
Lullabye Lad
Magno (see the Workforce)
Mandalla (see Oversight Watch)
Makkia Vei (see Oversight Watch)
Mordecai
Myriad
Neocaste
Nightstone
Nimbus (see Sisterhood of Sin)
Oversight Watch
Polecat (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry)
Porcupine Pete (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry)
Post-Atomic Knights
Power Boy
Quill King (see the Neocaste)
Rainbow Girl (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry)
Rain Girl
Red Son (see Forgotten Four)
Revenant
Ron-Karr
Scorn (see Sisterhood of Sin)
Sheranee
Sisterhood of Sin
Sizzle
Skorpiorr (see Forgotten Four)
Slug
Sojurn
Sprint
Star-Bear (see Sisterhood of Sin)
Strut
Sub-Zero
Supergirl II
Terrus
Tranquility
Transposition Lad
Triplicate Boy (see the Workforce)
Truth Girl
Twine (see the Workforce)
Una (see Legion of Substitute Heroes / Cavalry
Veilmist (see Sisterhood of Sin)
Verdant
Vista (see Sisterhood of Sin)
White Bat (see Sisterhood of Sin)
Wish Girl (see the Neocaste)
Workforce

Last edited by razsolo; 04/02/24 03:07 AM.
The Alchemist
razsolo #956365 08/20/18 06:47 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
THE ALCHEMIST

PERSONAL DATA
Uma Garan
Homeworld: Trom
Group Affiliation: Unnamed band of pirates
Height: 5’5”
Weight: 115 lbs
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Honey blonde with white streaks

HISTORY
When the Infinite Man’s power sent six Legionnaires back in time and space to the planet Trom on the day its population was fated to be wiped out, they initially had no idea where or when they’d been displaced. They only discovered the truth after a chance encounter led them to save a young girl named Uma Garan from falling to her death in Trom’s wilderness.

While one of Duplicate Damsel’s bodies returned Uma safely to her parents, another Duplicate Damsel took part in a heated discussion with the rest of her team about the ethics of their predicament. Shrinking Violet in particular was adamant that they should use this opportunity to stop the genocide of the Trommite people and when Duplicate Damsel used her authority as the Legion’s deputy leader to forbid any interference with history, Vi rebelled and struck out on her own.

By the time Lightning Lass and Colossal Boy found Shrinking Violet, she’d already told Uma’s family what the day was going to bring. Before the warning could be spread to the rest of the population though, Roxxas and his pirates’ planetary destruction began; in an additional sick twist of fate, it transpired that the only reason Roxxas had even decided to nuke Trom was that he’d panicked after discovering the Legion of Superheroes’ presence. The Legion stole a shuttle from Roxxas’ men to escape, but with nuclear annihilation imminent they didn’t have time to bring anyone with them other than the Garan family and the pirates whose shuttle they’d stolen. As chance would have it the Legionnaires were plucked back to their correct time and place before they had left Trom’s atmosphere, and as far as any of them knew everybody else on the stolen shuttle died alongside the rest of the populace.

In actuality, the shuttle crash-landed in Trom’s wilderness. Its occupants had travelled far enough to avoid the nuclear attack, but they knew that the naturally high radiation levels here would eventually kill them all. Uma’s father died on impact and Uma’s mother died of exhaustion using her powers to repair the shuttle. The pirates saw the value in Uma’s power and took advantage of their presumed death to leave Roxxas’ crew with the young girl.

So it was that Uma Garan grew up in the harsh world of an interstellar pirate, at some point naming herself the Alchemist and obtaining her own pirate crew. When she learned that Jan Arrah had also survived the destruction of Trom and joined the Legion of Superheroes as Element Lad, the Alchemist was enraged. She came to believe that the Legion had orchestrated the death of her people purely so Element Lad could find fame and prestige in their ranks. She nursed a burning hatred of the Legion (particularly those she’d met as a young girl, and Element Lad more than any of them), and when a squad of Legionnaires happened upon her crew many years later she almost killed some of the heroes. She avoided capture, but the encounter forced Shrinking Violet, Lightning Lass and Light Lad to tell Element Lad about their presence on Trom during Roxxas’ attack. Element Lad was furious at his teammates but also felt that Uma Garan had betrayed Trom’s memory; he led a mission to bring her to justice, and she has been a prisoner on Takron-Galtos ever since.

SKILLS & TALENTS
The Alchemist has been a spacefaring pirate since her early teens; as an adult she has become a formidable captain.

POWERS & WEAPONS
The Alchemist has the same abilities to transmute elements as Element Lad, with none of the morals. She tends not to carry a personal weapon, as her own power is generally more than capable of ending an enemy’s life.

Last edited by razsolo; 08/20/18 06:48 AM.
Re: The Alchemist
razsolo #956373 08/20/18 07:31 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
cool beans, raz, thanks! I think among all of us active fanfic writers, I am the one with the LEAST number of original characters. So I've only ever had to worry about summarizing the developments in my series, rather than Who's Who or talking about why I created a certain character smile that's why it's such a treat for me to read about your thoughts on your original characters!

The Alchemist is a really good villain. Does Jan feel any conflict about her being a chance to repopulate Trom? How does he now feel towards his teammates - especially towards Violet, whose interference was directly responsible for the annihilation of Trom? Is there any hope for the Alchemist still, considering that she wasn't brainwashed? What does the UP intend to do with her?

razsolo #956400 08/20/18 11:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
This is really cool Raz, the Alchemist was a real nasty bit of work so of course I would love to see her return soon smile

Very nicely written out too, wish I'd thought to be this organised when I was writing out the author notes.

Looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
razsolo #956450 08/21/18 12:21 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks y'all! Not sure how often I'll update this thread but I'll try and add new characters as often as I can anyway. I was much more of a Marvel zombie when I was a kid, and I used to love all the detail they put into their handbooks so it's fun for me to sit down and do it for my own characters (even though it ends up being a pretty dry read in the end) smile

Does Jan feel any conflict about her being a chance to repopulate Trom? How does he now feel towards his teammates - especially towards Violet, whose interference was directly responsible for the annihilation of Trom? Is there any hope for the Alchemist still, considering that she wasn't brainwashed? What does the UP intend to do with her?

I haven't really explored much of this stuff overtly since the last time the Alchemist appeared, but it's safe to say that Jan was angry enough with the whole situation when he found out about Uma that he didn't really think through the implications of there now being a surviving Trommite male and female couple in the universe....it is something that will no doubt come up at some point though. As for Vi and the others, his trust in their judgement has definitely taken a hit. I see Jan as being fairly introverted so it's not like he's the type to go badmouthing them to everyone else around base, but let's just say he's not likely to vote for them in any leadership elections anytime soon tongue

I'll leave the other questions unanswered for now because that sounds like something that should lead into a story instead of being answered up front... wink

The Amazoid
razsolo #956850 08/22/18 09:53 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
THE AMAZOID

PERSONAL DATA
Inapplicable
Homeworld: Earth
Group Affiliation: None known
Height: 6’7” in default form
Weight: 345lbs in default form
Eyes: White with no pupils in default form
Hair: None in default form

HISTORY
Little is known about the particulars of the Amazoid’s origins. It was created on Earth in the 22nd Century and based on the far superior Amazo android. At some point in the intervening centuries, the Amazoid came into the possession of Elastic Lad’s homeworld Cadmu. The Amazoid was kept inert but intact, as its technology had never been replicated in all that time.

When Tharok’s army of Validii attacked the Legion of Superheroes on Cadmu, the Amazoid was accidentally reactivated during the battle. Mon-El, Supergirl, Superboy and Elastic Lad worked with two of Cadmu’s own superheroes Giant Turtle Boy and Quill King to stop the android’s rampage, and Elastic Lad eventually shut the Amazoid down by accessing a hidden killswitch hidden inside its ear. The Amazoid has been safely in custody on Cadmu since then.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Similarly to its predecessor Amazo, the Amazoid has the ability to replicate metahuman powers within its vicinity. Unlike Amazo however, the Amazoid can only manifest three separate powersets at any time. When its three slots are full, it can choose to selectively delete one or more at any time to replace with more strategically valuable powers. For example when fighting the Legion on Cadmu, the Amazoid gave up Quill King’s powers to use those of Giant Turtle Boy, Supergirl and Mon-El.

The Amazoid seems to possess a far more limited range of intellect than Amazo as well, although it’s not known whether this is a limitation of its original programming or a safety measure instituted by Cadmu scientists. When it had been reactivated, it didn’t seem to possess any personality beyond copying the most effective powers and causing mass destruction.

The Amazoid was built with a killswitch inside its ear which can be activated manually or via remote (the remote was destroyed in its battle on Cadmu, but presumably has been rebuilt since then). Once activated, the android reverts immediately to its default state and will remain inert until rebooted by an outside source.

Last edited by razsolo; 08/22/18 09:55 PM.
Fire Lass (deceased)
razsolo #956952 08/23/18 09:59 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
FIRE LASS

PERSONAL DATA
Arqiia
Homeworld: Mercury
Group Affiliation: Legion Academy student
Height: 5’11” (approximately 6’4” when her scalp is aflame)
Weight: 102 lbs
Eyes: White, no pupils
Hair: None, though her scalp and brows are generally aflame

HISTORY
The artificial woman who would come to be known first as Arqiia then later as Fire Lass started her life in a United Planets research facility on the planet Mercury which had been taken over by the cosmically powered villains called the Heavensent. She was to be the first of a race of beings genetically engineered to thrive on the planet Mercury, that race’s purpose to worship the Heavensent as gods. Eventually, the Heavensent planned to populate every world in the Sol system with their own completely subservient races but the Legion of Superheroes stopped their experiment while Arqiia (as yet unnamed) was still its sole subject. The Legion took her back to their base in the sens-tank she’d yet to emerge from, their curiosity aroused by her uncanny resemblance to Fire Lad. More disturbingly, Fire Lad found himself drawn to the artificial woman with an intensity bordering on obsession. It was this attraction which led Fire Lad to christen her Arqiia, a word which in his native Shwarrian was similar in meaning to soulmate.

The Heavensent saw their creation as a failed experiment when she failed to escape from the Legion of Superheroes, and they invaded the Legion’s base to kill her. As a result of the Heavensent’s programming, a confused Arqiia found herself strangely devoted to the very people trying to kill her and she initially fought the Legion. Arqiia was attracted to Fire Lad as intensely as he was her however, and that combined with the Legion’s altruism helped her see the heroes were on her side.

During the battle, the heroes also learned that the Heavensent had created Arqiia using the DNA of a micro-organism they’d found gestating inside meteorite ore in deep space. The micro-organism in its natural state converted its host into a lifeform capable of surviving in the extreme environment of outer space and a shocked Fire Lad realised that it was this same micro-organism which had long ago given him his own powers, which had slowly been transforming him physically over the years, and which was responsible for the attraction he and Arqiia shared. The fight ended when Fire Lad and Arqiia accidentally destroyed a storage tesseract where she’d been trying to escape the Heavensent member called Void. When the smoke cleared, neither Void or Arqiia were to be seen. Neither Dawnstar nor Mwindaji’s tracking powers could find a trace of them and the Legionnaires busied themselves with other things.

Brainiac 5 and Element Lad were attempting to resequence Fire Lad’s genetic structure to restore him to his natural state (minus the micro-organism which had empowered him) when Quislet revealed that Arqiia and Void had simply been dimensionally displaced and that his ship possessed the capability to bring them back. Before anyone could stop him Quislet teleported Void, Arqiia and Celestine (whom Void had accidentally consumed in the prior battle) into Brainiac 5’s multilab where it became apparent that almost no time had passed at all wherever they’d been. Tachyon soon joined his Heavensent teammates and Fire Lad’s resequencing machine was damaged in the fight. It was this damage which altered Fire Lad’s powers and led to him eventually changing his codename to Firecrest, but more importantly it greatly reduced the bond between himself and Arqiia.

The Legion defeated the Heavensent once more, this time saving Arqiia unequivocally. For the first time in her brief existence Arqiia was given the chance to live a life of her own choosing, and in a bid to give that life purpose she took the codename Fire Lass and joined the Legion Academy.

Fire Lass struggled with her purpose in life, but found in the end that her path lay in heroism after the villain Black Osiris partnered with Nightstone and Otaki to free Mordru from imprisonment within the Legion's headquarters. Black Osiris's rampage through the heroes' home was brutal, but Fire Lass distracted Black Osiris at a crucial moment and allowed Saturn Girl to conquer his mind. Unfortunately their victory against him was short-lived, and Black Osiris killed Fire Lass in retaliation.

After her demise, the Legion rebuilt the Legion Academy on Mars as a separate facility from their own headquarters to ensure their students would never again become collateral damage in a fight between the Legion and their enemies. They renamed the new school site the Arqiia Memorial Campus in honor of its fallen student, and an enormous golden statue of Fire Lass now welcomes visitors to the campus grounds.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Arqiia was created to thrive on the planet Mercury. She was tougher and stronger than her gaunt appearance would indicate, and her system absorbed stellar radiation rather than needing food or water to survive. She had been seen to survive in the vacuum of space in an inert state, though it was unclear whether she could actually function normally without air. She had an amazingly high tolerance for temperature and radiation extremes, though this was never quantified before her death. Aside from her environmental adaptations, Arqiia shared the same fire-breathing ability as Firecrest. Her scalp and brows were aflame at all times when she was conscious, though she never showed any ability to generate flame through any other part of her body.

Arqiia was implanted with full knowledge of Interlac and a level of intellect and reasoning equal to the average UP sentient. Her lack of life experience was at times a severe disadvantage however, and she occasionally had issues with comprehending nuance or complex situations.

Last edited by razsolo; 04/24/23 09:31 PM.
Aspect
razsolo #957365 08/27/18 02:38 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
ASPECT

PERSONAL DATA
Unknown
Homeworld: 21st Century Earth
Group Affiliation: None known
Height: 5’6”
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black

HISTORY
Little is known of Aspect’s background; a group of Legionnaires including Nightwind encountered her when the Infinite Man sent those Legionnaires back in time to the year 2038. The Legion met the Justice League of that era in hopes that they could help them return to their home time, and while the two teams were together at the Justice League’s island base, Aspect attacked.

Aspect called herself the daughter of the night tide, revealing that centuries ago a spell had been cast which empowered the women of her bloodline with power over water. Aspect had hunted down and killed the women in her era who possessed power over stone and fire, stealing their power for her own. When she searched magically for the air elemental of her time, her power brought her to Nightwind. It was in the course of this encounter that Nightwind discovered she wasn’t a mutant as she’d always assumed; rather, her own power came from the same spell which had empowered Aspect.

The Justice League revealed that they’d faced Aspect before, and when she was defeated she was returned to their custody.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Aspect possesses the innate ability to manipulate water; it’s been said that without artificial enhancement she has a power level similar to that of Nightwind’s control over air. Aspect also has some level of mastery over sorcery, and used this to steal the powers of the daughters of the night flame and the night stone (which gives her equal control over fire and earth).

When she faced the Justice League of 2038 and the time-displaced Legion of Superheroes, she also wore mystical artifacts called the Amulets of Gaea. These artifacts significantly increased her power, to the point where she merged with the ocean itself and faced the assembled heroes as a 100 foot tall woman made of water and mud who was strong enough to sink the Justice League’s island base. When these amulets were removed, Aspect immediately resumed human form.

The Forgotten Four
razsolo #957484 08/27/18 11:00 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
THE FORGOTTEN FOUR

TEAM HISTORY

The Forgotten Four were originally thought to be four adventurers from the planet Talok III who volunteered for a mission to explore interdimensional space and who had been mutated by undocumented energies. When they re-entered normal space they’d all been physically changed and gained great powers. They assaulted the ruling council of Talok III, and even killed two security officers before Mon-El and Shadow Lass stopped their rampage.

Later on Invisible Queen escaped from captivity and informed Shadow Lass of their true origins; four gods from Talok III's ancient past had been exiled to another dimension centuries before, and when the four modern day interdimensional explorers entered their realm these gods inhabited the innocent sentients to slowly transform into their own avatars so that they could make their escape back into normal space and continue their eternal war against one another. The gods who constituted the Forgotten Four took over the personalities of their Talokkian hosts and their bodies continued to transform, then the god named Talok (aka Red Son) escaped imprisonment to slay his teammates Skorpiorr and Brainmass. Red Son then enlarged the sun to consume the entire Talokkian solar system, turning the star red in the process and apparently killing every sentient in the system including the reserve Legionnaire Shadow Lass.

Invisible Queen turned to the Legion for help, revealing to them the same truth about who they were that she'd earlier told Shadow Lass. When Red Son came after Invisible Queen, she only survived thanks to Crystal Kid changing her to crystal. A delegation of heroes from both the Legion of Superheroes and the Legion of Substitute Heroes fought Talok the Red Son, but he wasn't ultimately defeated until Shadow Lad made contact with Shadow Lass (who was still aware inside the sun) and they used their combined power with the help of their ancestors to return their solar system to normal and restore life to the system.

Talok was taken to Takron-Galtos, and the crystalline form of Invisible Queen was placed in a classified storage facility on Talok III where many of the world's other dangerous weapons and artifacts were kept. Invisible Queen was briefly freed from her captivity by a cult of loyal followers who blinded themselves in a ritual to undo her crystalline transformation, and she in turn bonded them with the techno-organic lifeform known as the Luqiti to serve as her Invisible Destroyers; huge armoured behemoths completely invisible to detection. With the Luqiti under her control, Invisible Queen took over Talok III and rendered the entire planet invisible. It took the combined power of the Legion of Superheroes and the Oversight Watch to restore normalcy to the world and to take Invisible Queen and her Invisible Destroyers into custody.

BRAINMASS
Yehoya the Thinker (Talokkian host: Raed Ricahh)
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 186 lbs
Eyes: Black
Hair: None

POWERS & WEAPONS
Brainmass was a humanoid mass of cerebral tissue with powerful psionic abilities. When he first appeared, he exhibited only telekinesis (though this one ability was strong enough to face Mon-El directly for a brief time). Later on, he also showed a degree of telepathy. Presumably, his powers would have continued to grow if he hadn't been killed by Talok the Red Son.

INVISIBLE QUEEN
Malias the Invisible Queen (Talokkian host: Su Ricahh)
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 142 lbs
Eyes: White
Hair: White

POWERS & WEAPONS
Invisible Queen has exhibited two powers; the first is her namesake invisibility. In her first appearance, she seemed to only be able to become invisible to the naked eye. Since then, her power has increased to the extent that she can effortlessly create a field large enough to cover a spacefaring vehicle. Additionally, her power now extends to all forms of detection (even Dawnstar's tracking ability won't register her presence while she's invisible). When working with another source of invisibilty powers, both Invisible Queen and that additional source have their powers magnified greatly. She was able to hide an entire world from detection when she dominated the techno-organic lifeform known as the Luqiti.

To compliment to her invisibility, Invisible Queen also has what she calls 'radar eyes'. She doesn't actually use the visible light spectrum to see at all, but uses a power similar to radar to interpret her surroundings. There's no indication that this is any more limiting than normal eyesight would be, and her eyes cause physical discomfort to anyone else who gazes upon them directly.

In addition to her invisibility powers, Invisible Queen is served by four cultists she has bonded with the Luqiti; she calls these men her Invisible Destroyers. They are silent and obey her every command, and each of them is almost as strong and durable as a Kryptonian while also possessing the same ability to become invisible like their mistress.

RED SON
Talok the Red Son (Talokkian host: Jhon Stomm)
Height: 6' 4"
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Yellow flame

POWERS & WEAPONS
In his first appearance, Talok the Red Son generated a flaming sheath of red solar energy about himself which allowed him to fly, acted as defence and allowed him to shoot fire blasts (it's worth noting that as with a real red sun, his power also nullifies Daxamite and Kryptonian abilities). Since then his power has increased to the point where he can destroy the strongest crystal used in Talok III's maximum security jails.

Talok is the sun god of the Talokkian people (their sun is named after him as an act of defiance) and can both survive and use his powers normally in the vacuum of space without difficulty. He was also able to use his power to force the sun to consume the Talokkian system without actually destroying it; whether this is a unique relationship he has with that star or something he could duplicate with other stars has yet to be seen.

SKORPIORR
Skorpiorr (Talokkian host: Behnjae Grimm)
Height: 7"
Weight: 270 lbs
Eyes: Black

POWERS & WEAPONS
Skorpiorr was a humanoid creature similar in appearance to a much smaller Talokkian desert creature of the same name; covered in sharp spikes, he also had a prehensile tail ending in a piercing barb. He clearly possessed superhuman strength and durability, though this was nowhere near a match for Mon-El who knocked him out with one strike. Presumably, Skorpiorr’s physical abilities would have continued to grow if he hadn't been killed by Red Son first.

Last edited by razsolo; 05/06/21 09:33 PM.
Tranquility
razsolo #959725 09/21/18 04:04 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
TRANQUILITY

PERSONAL DATA
Amoris Riccioli
Homeworld: Luna
Group Affiliation: None
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 128 lbs
Eyes: Grey

HISTORY
Amoris Riccioli has never hidden her true origins from anybody, but centuries of existence have meant that most people are unaware anyway. She was the first child born to Earth’s lunar colony, and she was still very young when her family and friends realised that she was a special child for reasons beyond that. She was always a very placid child, and made friends easily with everyone she met. As Amoris grew older, it became apparent that she had some empathic talent; every sentient she came within a couple of feet of instantly took a liking to her. Amoris developed this power to the extent that she found she could make people trust her, and she could break down others’ emotional barriers or open them up to emotions they’d not allowed themselves to consider.

She never used this power for personal gain, only ever to help those in need. Amoris also found that her ageing slowed incredibly; even now she appears to be in her late teens or early 20s. The compassionate Woman in White eventually became something of an urban myth on Luna, as she found purpose over her unexplained centuries of life in helping anybody and everybody that she could.

When the Legion of Superheroes made a name for themselves in recent years, Amoris was inspired to take on a superheroic identity for herself. She named herself Tranquility after her birthplace Tranquility Bay, though few people associate the relatively new heroine Tranquility with the old myth of the Woman in White. Tranquility recently met some of the Legion of Superheroes for the first time, as she called them in to help her deal with the metahuman Fundament drumming up xenophobia in the lunar colony. Chameleon Boy invited her to apply for Legion membership, but Tranquility politely turned him down as she has no desire at all to leave the small satellite which has been her home for her whole life.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Amoris ages incredibly slowly, and may in fact be immortal. She also heals quickly from any injuries sustained, and hasn’t been sick for as long as she can remember. Her main power however is her empathic gift. She naturally projects an aura of trustworthiness and calm, and unless people are predisposed not to like her she generally makes friends instantly with everyone she comes across. She can focus her power to instill feelings of strong friendship and dedication in those around her, and she can open the minds of those around her to feel positive sensations they’d normally keep repressed or be unaware of otherwise. It’s entirely possible that Tranquility can also generate and amplify negative emotions as she does positive, but she has never felt the need to make the attempt. The only real drawback her power has is that its area of effect is limited to only a couple of feet around her.

Fundament
razsolo #959726 09/21/18 04:06 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
FUNDAMENT

PERSONAL DATA
Michael Unterrsen
Homeworld: Earth, late 22nd Century
Group Affiliation: Judgement League (disbanded)
Height: 6’ 3”
Weight: 180 lbs
Eyes: Blue

HISTORY
Michael Unterrsen was born and raised in the late 21st Century in what had once been the country known as Canada, now called the Quebec Territories in the wake of the War of the Americas. His life was not an easy one, but his deep Catholic faith kept him going through the worst conditions with hope for the future and he even became a priest as soon as he was able to be ordained.

Father Michael’s life changed in the year 2198 when, unknown to him, Superman’s descendant Lara Kent discovered a secret Dominator base in Earth orbit and tore it to pieces. A large part of the damaged satellite destroyed Father Michael’s church when it made Earthfall, and the satellite’s gravitic drive activated Father Michael’s metagene. At first the priest considered his miraculous control over gravity to be a gift from God, but after he’d saved everyone else in his church his stamina waned and injuries sustained in the satellite’s crash threatened to kill him. For the first time, Michael Unterrsen lost faith that his God had anything resembling a benevolent plan for him as he waited to die in agonising pain.

Father Michael Unterrsen actually was fated to die that day; luckily for him though, in the 31st Century the Legion of Superheroes’ enemy Earth-Man had embarked on an ambitious plot to recruit a team of cronies from the annals of history; Earth-Man had absorbed the powers of the Infinite Man, and this gave him the ability to find metahumans througout the past, present and future who were meant to have died without making an impact on the pages of history. Reasoning that he’d cause little to no damage to the timestream recruiting his team in this way, Earth-Man brought Father Michael to 31st Century Metropolis and healed his injuries. When the priest found out that aliens had been responsible for his near death experience, he was only too happy to join Earth-Man in his xenophobic campaign to rid Earth of non-Terrans and Father Michael took the codename Fundament (a play on both his control of one of reality’s fundamental forces and his ultra-conservative religious beliefs).

When the Legion of Superheroes defeated Earth-Man and the Judgement League, Fundament spent a little while acclimatizing to 31st Century Earth and then felt that his calling was to go preach his message of xenophobia on the Earth’s lunar colony. He drummed up a little trouble on Luna, but the moon’s local heroine Tranquility quickly called the Legion of Superheroes in for backup and he was taken into custody before he could gain too much support for his dangerous beliefs.

Fundament was finally defeated on Luna when Tranquility used her empathic talents to open his mind to the feelings of the sentients he’d hated and victimised. Fundament fell apart when he realised the truth of his crusade, and it remains to be seen how this experience will change him moving forward.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Fundament possesses enormous power over the forces of gravity. He can fly by manipulating gravitic forces, and can manipulate hundreds of tons of weight as though he had telekinesis. He can maintain several different effects at once; for example, levitating himself while pinning Wildfire to the ground and preventing Colossal Boy from being able to close on him. He has used his gravitic powers to tear objects to shreds, and to keep the Legion of Superheroes immobile while leaving his own teammates in the same room unaffected; in this instance he modulated his power to affect opponents of different strength levels equally, and was even able to make Comet Queen’s gas trail heavier than air to avoid accidentally inhaling it. His limits have yet to be really practically explored, but he is without a doubt one of the Legion of Superheroes’ most individually powerful mortal foes.

The Oversight Watch
razsolo #960082 09/25/18 04:08 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
THE OVERSIGHT WATCH
Base of Operations:
Weber's World
Current Members: 89 (leader), Brittle, Dev-Em, Makkia Vei, Mandalla
Past Members: Power Boy, Ron-Karr

TEAM HISTORY
The Oversight Watch was formed under the guidance of the group's leader 89 and Science Police Chief Kimball Zendak to handle the type of trouble which was too difficult for the Science Police or Interstellar Counter-Intelligence Corps, or too morally compromising or politically delicate for the Legion of Superheroes to be called in. The Oversight Watch operates out of a secret base on Weber's World, with almost complete anonymity throughout the United Planets. 89 has been the Oversight Watch's leader since its inception, and she is its primary liaison with United Planets government officials; she generally gives Makkia Vei responsibility for managing interpersonal conflict within the team and acting as an ad hoc human resources officer (though admittedly under a very tight rein). While it's possible that Makkia Vei may be aware of 89's true identity, it's almost completely certain that nobody else on the team does.

The Oversight Watch first came to the Legion of Superheroes' attention thanks to two particular missions; the first was when they secretly prevented the Dominion from creating a Daxamite army on the planet Panoptes. When the Legion investigated in the Oversight Watch's aftermath, Tellus found clear psionic evidence of Mandalla's power effect. The second mission was when they attempted to stop Vrykos and his vampiric hordes on the planet Kathoon before news of the vampiric infestation travelled off-world. The Oversight Watch failed to stop Vrykos, but they secretly sent a distress signal out knowing that the Legion of Superheroes would be able to come in and do the job for them. The Oversight Watch's presence there at all would have remained a secret, but when Vrykos later made a remark to Night Girl about having faced another team prior to the Legion of Superheroes' arrival it made Night Girl curious enough to investigate. Kid Computo and Chameleon Boy uncovered a visual recording of Power Boy fighting vampires on Kathoon prior to the Legion's arrival; as the Legion had already been curious about Power Boy and Mandalla both dropping off the radar as soon as they'd graduated the Legion Academy, these two sightings were enough for them to launch an active investigation into their ex-students' whereabouts.

With Kid Computo's powers, finding out about the Oversight Watch was simply a matter of time. Eventually she caught their electronic trail and the Legion sent a delegation to confront the team in the Oversight Watch's own base. A fight ensued between the two teams over their differences in approach, one which ended with the Oversight Watch's victory. Mandalla wiped the minds of the Legionnaires and sent them on their way.

Through a convoluted series of events, the mindwipe was eventually reversed, and for a while Duplicate Damsel blackmailed Mandalla into secretly keeping her (and through her, the Legion) appraised of the Oversight Watch's activities. The two teams' next open meeting however was when they both came face to face on the planet Khundia after the Khunds had conquered Xanthu. The two teams grudgingly worked together, and in the wake of this mission Ultra Boy struck a deal with 89 that the Legion wouldn't actively monitor the Oversight Watch's activities as long as they exhibited more of a respect for their enemies' lives where possible. The Oversight Watch and the Legion of Superheroes have since existed in a state of uneasy detente.

Power Boy was the first member of the Oversight Watch to resign, as he found himself uncomfortable with 89's disregard for them as human beings and also in a more general sense their general modus operandi. Ron-Karr was forcibly removed from the team not long after due to extracurricular criminal activities undertaken by himself. Both men underwent psychic redaction, a process in which any memories or their time with the team and any classified information they'd been privy to during that time was blurred or altogether wiped from their minds. In Power Boy's case this was a voluntary procedure, as it was a condition of his resignation. It's unlikely that Ron-Karr went along with the process as willingly.

The former Hero of Lallor named Brittle joined the Oversight Watch soon after Ron-Karr was taken off the team, and Makkia Vei has expressed confidence that Brittle's former teammate in the Heroes of Lallor Revenant will probably join the Watch soon as well.

PERSONAL DATA
Leeta-87
Homeworld: Cadmu
Height: 5’ 7” (89’s boots are specially constructed to give her the illusion of being 5’ 10”)
Weight: 135 lbs
Eyes: violet
Hair: black

HISTORY
The woman known as 89 has a history which spreads back through 87 separate lifetimes. She is from the planet Cadmu, where the native inhabitants reproduce via cloning as opposed to sexual means. Cadmians regularly back up their memories to an external drive, and when they die their bodies are cloned and their most recent memory backup is implanted into the cloned body. They are raised in a virtual environment until adulthood, and when they emerge into the real world they are treated as a separate entity to their predecessor though they share the same memories and skills. All Cadmians follow the same naming convention; a single name which identifies their lineage followed by a numeric identifier which indicates the amount of lives they’ve lived. Therefore, Leeta-87 was the 87th woman to have been cloned from the original Leeta.

The 87th incarnation of the Leeta lineage was a heroine celebrated throughout the entire galaxy. In 87 lifetimes she’d learned enough combat, tactical and scientific skills to be a truly intimidating opponent for most enemies even though she possessed no metahuman powers. As far as the general public is concerned Leeta-87 had several thrilling adventures before she died in a tragically absurd accident slipping on a banyo fruit peel, and that’s where her story ends. Tens of thousands of sentients visit her memorial site on Shanghalla annually to pay their respects and post holos of themselves on social media at her resting place.

The truth is something far stranger.

Several years before the Legion of Superheroes had formed, Kimball Zendak brought together six metahumans to form a superhero team called the Intergalactic Law Patrol, starting with his lover Leeta-87. Batman and his younger brother Hawkboy possessed no powers, but were the descendants of the original Batman of Earth and they’d already been operating as vigilantes anyway. Titan Girl was a beloved heroine on Titan, and saw the ILP as her chance to help innocents on a larger scale. Minuteman was a Rimborian hero recruited to the cause (Surreally, his experience with the ILP would influence him to help the Legion of Superheroes in their own activities much later in his real identity of Marla Latham). Red Devil was part of the Neocaste on Cadmu, and specifically designed to be a superhero. When his fellow Cadmian Leeta-87 asked him to be in the ILP he was only too happy to agree. On their first mission, they were called to save Cadmu from Darkeseid’s rampaging servant Brimstone. They teamed up with some time-displaced members of the Legion of Superheroes, and through teamwork Brimstone was defeated though it cost Hawkboy, Batman, Titan Girl and Red Devil their lives. The horrific encounter was enough to make Minuteman give up being a hero altogether, but it sent Leeta-87 down a much darker path.

When she discovered Brimstone’s origins, Leeta-87 obsessively researched everything she could about his master Darkseid. She realised she was going to have to go to some uncomfortable places, so she changed her name to 88 as a symbol that she was no longer the same person she had been and faked the famous death of “Leeta-87”. Her next actions are not entirely known, but she has said that she discovered something called the Anti-Death Equation, and has implied that this discovery had dark and cosmically significant consequences.

At some point, her obsession came to an extremely dangerous head and she was forced to give up her search for knowledge to save countless lives. Realising how close she’d come to destroying the whole universe (and having already destroyed any vestige of her romance with Zendak) she worked with Zendak to wipe out all trace of her prior life which might lead anyone else down the same path, including the very existence of the ILP and the relationship she and Zendak had occurred. Her relationship with Kimball Zendak is purely professional now, and she has renamed herself once again to 89 for similar reasons as she’d done earlier. She sees herself now as a different person than she has been previously, and she has lethal technology implanted to kill herself if necessary so nobody else ever connects her to any of her prior incarnations.

To date, the only people whom it can be confirmed know 89's true story are Ultra Boy, Gas Girl, Kid Computo and Kimball Zendak. Given Makkia Vei's skill at psychological manipulation and her almost superhuman psychological perceptions, it's also probably fair to say that she has some awareness of 89's identity as well if not necessarily her secret history. Aside from these individuals, 89 is known only to be an enigmatic and ruthless woman who seems to be skilled at everything she puts her mind to. She wears a full bodysuit at all times to disguise any distinguishing physical characteristics, uses a voice modulator to disguise her voiceprint, and uses psi-tech so her identity remains a secret to anyone with psionic talent equal to the average Titanian.

POWERS & WEAPONS
89 has no metahuman powers, but she is arguably one of the best hand to hand fighters alive. She has had lifetimes of experience to learn the martial arts of various worlds, and she also has an expert level of skill using countless types of melee and ranged weapons. She has exhibited particular expertise in tactics and espionage, but she also has a genius-level understanding of most sciences. To put it bluntly, she can generally be relied upon to have an encyclopedic knowledge of just about any subject which has been relevant in the past few centuries.

89 carries various weapons and tools as necessary; from previous comments she's made to Ultra Boy, she seems to have made preparations to be able to fight all of the Legion of Superheroes one on one if necessary (she has in fact defeated Ultra Boy and Kid Computo in personal combat, and even an artificial simulation based on Leeta-87 gave Ultra Boy, Elastic Lad and Phantom Girl a good fight). Her bodysuit has the same environmental protections as a transuit, as well as protecting her from sensory attack. Her voice modulator disguises her voice at all times, and her suit is armoured strongly enough to protect her from the kind of blunt or piercing impact sustained in any normal fight with a non-powered person who has access to generally available weapons. She has special lenses and auditory equipment built into her outfit to allow her greater than human visual and auditory senses.

BRITTLE

PERSONAL DATA
Unknown, used the alias Bo Marcu
Homeworld: Lallor
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 138 lbs
Eyes: black
Hair: bald

HISTORY
Brittle was one of five Lalloran youths kidnapped, mindwiped and experimented upon by a Dominator in an effort to create an army of B.I.O.N. (Biological Integrated Organic Network) units. The Dominator considered most of the subject group's powers to be useless and allowed them to join the Heroes of Lallor as potential sleeper agents to be activated at some point down the track, with the exception of the boy who would come to be known as Duplicate Boy II. He went so far as to give them the names of actual missing Lallorans for added legitimacy, and as far as any of the five were concerned they were simply Lalloran mutants who'd lived in a bunker their whole lives until circumstances led to their escape and their recruitment into the Heroes of Lallor.

With his chalk-white skin covered in interlocking seams, Brittle's mutation was glaringly obvious. On a world like Lallor which had never been particularly kind to outsiders, this gave him a bitter and resentful edge. He did have extreme loyalty to his fellow test subjects however, as his memories told him they'd all grown up in a bunker together with nobody else but themselves to rely on.

When the Dominator activated Duplicate Boy II's B.I.O.N. programming, Duplicate Boy II fought both the Heroes of Lallor and the Legion of Superheroes' Espionage Squad. Rain Girl was Duplicate Boy II's first victim, and as she was Brittle's closest friend in the group he took her death particularly hard. He tried to murder Duplicate Boy II in vengeance, but was hopelessly outmatched and was initially presumed to have been killed as a result of that altercation.

Fortunately for Brittle, the Oversight Watch had been assigned to investigate the new batch of mutants appearing on Lallor. They found him barely alive after his fight with Duplicate Boy, his power having rendered him so tiny that even Dawnstar couldn't find him. The Oversight Watch nurtured Brittle back to health and he agreed to join their team on the basis that they help him find and kill Duplicate Boy in revenge for Rain Girl's murder. When the Oversight Watch finally came across Duplicate Boy however (now calling himself Revenant), Brittle realised that his old teammate had been as much a victim of the Dominators as any of his friends and his hatred became pity. Finding it too painful to be around his old teammates in the Heroes of Lallor, Brittle has elected to stay with the Oversight Watch.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Brittle possesses the unusual ability to separate into smaller versions of himself when struck with physical force. Generally, he apportions his strength and mass equally among his duplicates but he can also choose to share his mass disproportionately (for example, creating a duplicate an inch in height and losing only a miniscule amount of mass from his larger body).

The process of breaking into smaller bodies is fuelled by the kinetic energy which caused it, so his power also functions as an effective defence. While his individual bodies clearly have some level of independence, they're all essentially just extensions of himself. It seemed that Brittle had met his power's limit when Duplicate Boy II crushed him into dust, but as he managed to survive that it's possible that he may have simply been reduced to duplicates so small as to resemble dust particles.

DEV-EM
PERSONAL DATA
Dev-Em
Homeworld: Krypton
Height: 6’
Weight: 175 lbs
Eyes: brown
Hair: brown

HISTORY
Dev-Em’s history up until the time he was enlisted into the Oversight Watch has been previously recorded. Dev-Em was romantically involved with his teammate Power Boy for a while, but this relationship was forced to end when Power Boy left the team and underwent voluntary psychic redaction to forget any explicit details of his time with the Watch.

POWERS & WEAPONS
As a Kryptonian, Dev-Em has super-strength, invulnerability, super-speed, enhanced senses and the ability to fly when not under a red sun. He also possesses the standard Kryptonian vulnerabilities, namely kryptonite and magic.

MAKKIA VEI
PERSONAL DATA
Makkia Vei
Homeworld: Colu
Weight: 125 lbs
Eyes: Green (like all Coluans, Makkia Vei’s sclera are yellow)
Hair: Blonde

HISTORY
Nothing is known of Makkia Vei's personal history prior to her first interaction with the Legion of Superheroes; she first came across the heroes as a member of the Persuader's version of the Fatal Five which also included Gorgon Girl, Atta and Ghost-6. The Persuader's Fatal Five easily defeated the Legion when they first fought, in large part thanks to Makkia Vei's psychological profiling and manipulations. In their next encounter the Persuader's team was easily overpowered by Sensor Girl backed by the two Emerald Eyes of Ekron, and Makkia Vei went to jail along with the rest of the villains.

Takron-Galtos was no obstacle to Makkia Vei as it simply put her in a position to make sure she could reach the right people with her talents; she was soon deemed by UP authorities too useful to be rotting in a prison cell, and she was Chief Zendak and 89's first recruit to the Oversight Watch. Though she is poorly lacking in combat skills compared to her teammates, Makkia Vei makes up for that with her intellect and her mastery of psychology. With the notable exception of Dev-Em who was recruited straight from the ICIC, she has been primarily responsible for convincing the rest of the team to join and give their best efforts to its success.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Makkia Vei has no innate powers, and while she is highly intelligent she hasn't ever given any indication that her intellect exceeds the Coluan average in any dramatic sense. She has an understanding of psychology which is so advanced however that it almost constitutes a power in certain circumstances. Even when facing foes aware of her talents, Makkia Vei can expertly manipulate them into acting exactly the way she wants them to. She can predict another's actions or reactions with a precision that borders on precognition, and she has even been known to utilise her psychological profiling abilities to bypass security measures set by opponents objectively more intelligent than herself such as Tharok or Brainiac 5 by being able to deduce passwords and the like (with enough data on a target, she can even acurately guess seemingly random codes or combinations someone's subconscious has led them to create). She occasionally carries a handgun and 89 has insisted on her learning basic self-defence skills, but physically she's no real threat; her true threat is in her ability to command those around her with frighteningly little effort.

MANDALLA
PERSONAL DATA
Tari Wahlmunn
Homeworld: Takron-Galtos
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: white (no visible pupils)

HISTORY
Mandalla's history up until she was recruited to the Oversight Watch has already been recorded. On the day Mandalla graduated the Legion Academy, Makkia Vei convinced her she'd do more good with the Oversight Watch than she ever would trying fruitlessly to get into the Legion of Superheroes when they already had Saturn Girl and Tellus in their ranks (and had previously rejected Mentalla who objectively had more fine control of her psionic powers than Mandalla herself). At some point Mandalla realised that she'd been manipulated into joining the team (though she'd never admit it), but she's since come to truly believe that this is the best place for her to be able to use her powers to make a difference in the UP.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Mandalla has the ability to create psionic 'thoughtspheres'. These are invisible to the naked eye, but anybody with the appropriate psionic abilities can sense them as a three-dimensional mandala, thus her (deliberately misspelled for aesthetics) codename. Originally her thoughtspheres were quite limited in effect, solely immersing an individual target within a confusing hallucinatory effect. She has since learned to modify this somewhat so that she can now wipe a target's mind of recent memories and/or leave them susceptible to verbal commands.

One particularly unique quality of Mandalla's power is that the larger a thoughtsphere she projects, the more powerful the effect. Tellus for example is a more powerful and more versatile psi than herself, but Mandalla was able to mindwipe him by immersing him within a thoughtsphere large enough to cover an extremely large radius. The only drawback to this effect is that she can't pick and choose her targets; anybody within that radius will be impacted equally, so it's not something she can rely upon as a general combat advantage.

Last edited by razsolo; 04/07/22 04:31 AM.
Re: The Oversight Watch
razsolo #960083 09/25/18 05:21 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Your Oversight Watch is gold, raz.

- Taking Leeta-87 and building such a complex character
- Makkia Vei (a play on Machiavellian, I love it) is formidable, and having a background in psychology I can appreciate the possibilities. Pairing her with Mandalla is genius, as Mandalla can soften up targets for Makkia
- Mandalla's thought-sphere's inability to select targets is a flaw, the same one I used to prevent her from earning Legion membership in my own stories. I like how you used her relative poorer control over her powers to have her be manipulated
- Ditto with Jed. Did he ever learn that he was going to be offered membership? I myself hesitated to let him use his powers to phase, as it duplicates Tinya too well (I mean, with phasing you either can or can't, though of course skill factors into how well they use it in combat).
- love the upgrades re Ron-Karr, and especially love that it's a result of smarter use of his abilities rather than scientific upgrades!

razsolo #960090 09/25/18 06:00 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
DIAMOND DAMSEL

PERSONAL DATA
Iris Jacobs
Group Affiliation: Legion of Superheroes (former minion of the Lord of Time)
Height: 5' 4" (formerly 7')
Weight: 515 lbs (formerly 650 lbs)
Eyes: made of diamond
Hair: made of diamond

HISTORY
Iris Jacobs met and became infatuated with the first Karate Kid during the time he lived in the early 21st century. For a brief period Iris became a villain made of diamond appropriately called Diamondeth, but she was soon returned to her normal human form. After Karate Kid returned to the 31st century to marry Princess Projectra and live the rest of his life, Iris Jacobs's unrequited affection for him turned to bitter resentment for which she had no way of finding closure.

At some point, the Legionnaire called Infectious Lass also found herself sent back to Iris Jacobs's home era by Earth-Man and his cronies. While she was in the 21st century, Infectious Lass became embroiled in one of the Lord of Time's plots which involved him once again transforming Iris Jacobs into Diamondeth to act as his servant, and also involved several time-travelling members of the Legion of Supervillains including Esper Lass among others. In this timeline, Diamondeth killed Infectious Lass and the LSV members and helped the Lord of Time bring about a world where he ruled for a millenium. The Legion of Superheroes formed in this timeline much as it had originally, but with the Lord of Time as an inspiration rather than RJ Brande the members of this Legion were cruel and capricious. When Blok sustained grievous wounds in the wake of a battle with the Lord of Time's enemy Mordru the Merciless and the White Witch became the Black Witch, Blok left the Legion of Superheroes to seek solitude on the so-called Puppet Planetoid.

It was on the Puppet Planetoid that Blok found an even more embittered Diamondeth who'd been cast aside by the Lord of Time centuries ago when she ceased being useful to him and had been living a solitary self-pitying existence ever since. Blok and Diamondeth initially fought, but when Blok identified himself as a member of the Legion of Superheroes it triggered a mental command that Esper Lass had planted within Diamondeth before the telepathic villain's murder; Diamondeth was driven to ask the Legion of Superheroes for help, and she told Blok the truth about the Lord of TIme whom he and the rest of the Legion had been manipulated into seeing as an altruistic authority figure. Blok took Diamondeth back to the Legion, and this eventually led to a confrontation with the Lord of Time himself where Saturn Girl, Blok and Diamondeth stole a time bubble to try and reverse how he'd changed history. Diamondeth wound up being vital to the success of this mission and in the aftermath she gave up her regrets and embraced a new path of optimism joining the Legion of Superheroes and changing her name to Diamond Damsel.

Diamond Damsel has become a stalwart member of the Legion since she joined, her relationship with Blok gradually becoming more romantic as well. She has gone through several adjustments to her physical form during this time; at one point she gained an ability to transform at will from a 7' tall diamond woman to her original 5'4" human form, before being trapped in her diamond form once more. After a recent encounter with Mordru she was transformed into numerous actual diamonds, and when she was put back together again by the Zoe Saugin of Earth-247 she was given a form that looks like Iris Jacobs but is made of diamond. The reduction in her strength is barely noticeable and she has expressed that she likes this form more than either her original diamond form or her flesh and blood body. After centuries of having to learn to just come to terms with her physical appearance, Diamond Damsel has finally reached a place where she is actually happy with how she looks. How this will affect her moving forward remains to be seen.

POWERS & WEAPONS
As her name suggests, Diamond Damsel is made of diamond. She is invulnerable to conventional injury, having only suffered injury in the past due to Kryptonian strength backed by a Red Lantern ring or highly exotic technologies or magic. She no longer needs to eat, sleep or breathe in diamond form and she has super-strength almost equal to a Daxamite. Diamond Damsel's fingernails are sharp enough to cut through reinforced steel though she rarely uses this as a form of attack, preferring brute strength instead. Diamond Damsel once had the ability to transform back and forth from diamond to human form at will. It is unknown whether she still possesses this ability.

Last edited by razsolo; 04/07/22 04:18 AM.
Invisible Brainiac #960091 09/25/18 06:17 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Your Oversight Watch is gold, raz.

Thanks! If I ever get sick of writing the Legion, I think my next choice would be either these guys or the Academy kids laugh

- Taking Leeta-87 and building such a complex character

I went back and re-read 89's appearances while I was writing her bio and I'm pretty happy with them...I tend not to do drawn out mysteries because I don't think it's one of my strengths as a writer, but I'm really happy with how 89's story played out smile
- Makkia Vei (a play on Machiavellian, I love it) is formidable, and having a background in psychology I can appreciate the possibilities. Pairing her with Mandalla is genius, as Mandalla can soften up targets for Makkia
It's funny, Set said the same thing a while ago re Makkia Vei's name being a play on Machiavellian and I am gonna come clean - that was 100% an accident hahaha....maybe my subconscious is more of a fan of puns than my conscious brain is; the similarity never even occurred to me till you guys pointed it out laugh
- Ditto with Jed. Did he ever learn that he was going to be offered membership? I myself hesitated to let him use his powers to phase, as it duplicates Tinya too well (I mean, with phasing you either can or can't, though of course skill factors into how well they use it in combat).
Poor Jed never did learn he was gonna be offered membership frown I totally get what you mean about his phasing; it's one thing having sixteen people with super-strength on a team, but you don't really wanna dilute the more exotic powers. It's the main reason I gave my Mwindaji healing abilities to be honest, I wanted to make sure he and Dawny both have stuff beyond tracking to contribute to the team
- love the upgrades re Ron-Karr, and especially love that it's a result of smarter use of his abilities rather than scientific upgrades!
Thanks! 2D characters and speedsters are both really undervalued in comics!

razsolo #960093 09/25/18 06:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Originally Posted by razsolo
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Ditto with Jed. Did he ever learn that he was going to be offered membership? I myself hesitated to let him use his powers to phase, as it duplicates Tinya too well (I mean, with phasing you either can or can't, though of course skill factors into how well they use it in combat).
Poor Jed never did learn he was gonna be offered membership frown I totally get what you mean about his phasing; it's one thing having sixteen people with super-strength on a team, but you don't really wanna dilute the more exotic powers. It's the main reason I gave my Mwindaji healing abilities to be honest, I wanted to make sure he and Dawny both have stuff beyond tracking to contribute to the team

My struggle with Jed now though is figuring out how to use his density-decreasing abilities! I've been reading up on it, but the only applications I can figure out without outright phasing are: making himself lighter especially in water (I have this image in my mind of him surfing my Lamprey's waves, but it's so situational!) and him being able to alter his shape a bit (kind of like your Elastic Lad; but then I'm not sure it's a power I would want in my Legion). You're right that having tons of people with super-strength is common, but I would want to distinguish Jed in some way too. Sigh, poor Jed.

You've done wonders with Diamond Damsel, too. Including having a great way for her to be present in the Legion's time, and exploring her emotions re Karate Kid and her Diamondeth phase!

razsolo #960105 09/25/18 08:09 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks re Diamond Damsel! I only ever introduced her as a one-off villain then she kinda grabbed me and I didn't wanna lose her and now I'm very attached so I'm glad you guys like her smile

Power Boy's density conundrum: maybe becoming slightly less dense could keep him tangible but more protected from certain attacks? It needs someone better at physics than me to figure it out but I'm sure object density must affect electrical conduction and absorbtion of vibrations and stuff like that....eg maybe he could use his density decrease to actively combat freezing attacks by making his body's molecules drift too far apart to freeze together? I have a very 80s comic book understanding of science so this may be wildly inaccurate but I'm sure there's something you can handwave smile

razsolo #960137 09/25/18 03:54 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Re Power Boy's power applications, thanks! It's a good thought. I'll have to think some more on what unique way he could use his power, that doesn't duplicate Apparition and is different from just plain invulnerability! smile

razsolo #960146 09/25/18 04:56 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Love what you've done with Leeta! My own take on her had the numbers be '8-7,' instead of 87 (7th clone from the 8th generation'), because I wanted her homeworld to be an Earth colony, which made 87 generations a bit much. (Since, over 1000 years, assuming the colony had been founded in 2000-ish, would still only be 40 generations.) But the notion of someone having 87 lives worth of experience is awesome.

Jed's an odd one. He was originally said to have only super-strength, from his increased density, and no particular toughness, making him sort of the opposite of Laurel Kent. (Even if it would logically work the other way, and he'd be more likely to gain increased toughness from increased density than increased strength...) The addition of reduced density (and increased toughness!) was a logical outgrowth, as long as he remains worse at phasing tricks than Phantom Girl. (Just as Colossal Boy and Shrinking Violet remain relevant, even though Chameleon Boy can replicate their respective schticks, although I'm less of a fan of the idea that any Durlan can duplicate their powers...)

Last edited by Set; 09/25/18 05:00 PM.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
razsolo #960882 10/05/18 09:49 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Thanks Set! I like the 8-7 idea as well...I think I kinda see Durlans the same way as you mentioned; with training they can do some awesome things but the further they get from mimicking something with the same mass or general form the more difficult it is; and presumably even Cham has limits to how big he can get as we never really see him punching starships with Gim. I would assume too that they're limited by what their antennae can interpret...eg I doubt Cham would be able to go sub-atomic like Vi has occasionally because he can't actually perceive anything that small without help.

Atta
razsolo #961004 10/08/18 04:56 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
ATTA

PERSONAL DATA
Atta
Homeworld: Calish-Aetia
Group Affiliation: formerly the Persuader’s Fatal Five and the Alchemist’s pirate crew, none currently
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 193 lbs
Eyes: blue
Hair: blue

HISTORY
Atta’s history prior to her first encounter with the Legion of Superheroes is as yet unrevealed. She was recruited by the Persuader for his Fatal Five, and despite her lack of superpowers helped defeat a contingent of the Legion of Superheroes in their first battle.

That version of the Fatal Five ultimately met defeat at the hands of Sensor Girl with two emerald eyes backing her, but since then Atta has encountered the Legion and their allies on a few other occasions. She successfully evaded a group of Legion Academy students and Quill King on the planet Cadmu (though she was later taken into custody by Wildfire and Dawnstar) and at one point she also served as a member of the Alchemist’s pirate crew, almost torturing a captured Star Boy and Light Lad until she was once again defeated.

As a Khund, Atta has managed to avoid long-term imprisonment by UP authorities due to political concerns. Each time she is brought into custody, all the Science Police can do with her is hand her over to Khundish authorities whom her violent tendencies are more than capable of helping her with.

POWERS & WEAPONS
As a Khund, Atta’s bone and muscle density are greater than that of a Terran woman of the equivalent body type. While not technically superhumanly strong, she is easily capable of matching a peak human in a test of strength or stamina.

Atta has no metahuman powers, but she has perfected the art of knife combat so well that it might as well qualify as a power. Even when unable to see her opponent (for example, when she has faced Shadow Lass or Invisible Kid), her lethal skill is barely affected. She is equally comfortable with ranged or melee combat, and she has a wide variety of bladed weapons on her body at all times.

The Workforce
razsolo #963301 11/18/18 07:21 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
THE WORKFORCE
Base of Operations:
Takron-Galtos
Current Members: Abyss, Bioluminescent Lass, Gear, Ion, Magno (leader), Triplicate Boy, Twine
Past Members: Sizzle

TEAM HISTORY
Before his peculiar death, the staggeringly wealthy Leland McCauley IV had entered a contract with the United Planets to fund the development and maintenance of a team of superheroes named the Workforce on the prison planet Takron-Galtos. Never a particularly altruistic man, McCauley no doubt intended on having a heavy hand in their operations but he died before the team was fully recruited and trained. His estate continued to pay for the Workforce as per the terms of his contract, but they are overseen now directly by the warden and governing authority of Takron-Galtos moreso than any corporate interests.

For their home base, the Workforce have co-opted an island on the artificial planet which was previously used as a dumping ground for the prison’s redundant technologies and vehicles. The island has been modified for mobility, and it is brimming with defence and detection systems. The artificial sea surrounding the Workforce’s island is composed of highly toxic chemicals, and inhabited only by aquatically adapted security enforcement automatons.

ABYSS
PERSONAL DATA
Danning Tolagson
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 145 lbs
Eyes: black
Hair: grey

HISTORY
Almost nothing is known of Abyss’s history prior to being employed in the Workforce. He has alluded to having worked for the UP in a more covert capacity than the Science Police, and it’s assumed this is where he came across his unique tool named the void-ring. He’d initially called himself Void when the team formed, but after learning of another Void based in the villain team the Heavensent he changed his name to Abyss.

Abyss is definitely one of the more cruel Workforce members, and legitimately enjoys using his void-ring to terrorise and incapacitate his enemies. In the Workforce’s first official training session against a contingent of the Legion of Superheroes, he’d eagerly anticipated humiliating Shadow Lass but instead found himself easily defeated by her even in his own pocket dimension. Of all the Workforce, he only really spends time with Twine outside of combat situations as she alone shares his cynicism and his mean streak.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Abyss has no metahuman powers, but he wears a mysterious device called a void-ring on the middle finger of his left hand. It can provide him access to a pocket dimension of pure darkness which he calls Voidspace, and he can also take passengers along with him or send and retrieve targets at will while he stays in his home dimension. The ring protects him from the effects of Voidspace (and to a lesser extent it can protect people who travel with him if he wills it so) but unprotected targets find it an enormously taxing experience both physically and emotionally. While it causes no actual physical damage, victims report feeling icy cold in the lightless realm with no awareness of space or time. They are also consumed by fear and dread, and are often catatonic with distress when Abyss brings them back home. Shadow Lass found herself unaffected by her exposure to Voidspace, which presumably relates to her status as the Shadow Champion of Talok VIII and her related powers.

BIOLUMINESCENT LASS
PERSONAL DATA
Jana Sartro
Homeworld: Lupra
Height: 6’ 1”
Weight: 140 lbs
Eyes: pale yellow
Hair: blonde

HISTORY
Dr Jana Sartro was a scientist who wanted to replicate the accident which had given her fellow Lupran Color Kid the power to change the color of any object. Jana believed that the extra-dimensional light which had empowered Color Kid had the potential to do much more, and she believed that she could exploit that potential to become a superhero herself. She did successfully give herself powers, but her powers were at least as limited as Color Kid’s. Realising she’d be highly unlikely to earn membership in the Legion of Superheroes she decided to find some other way to help people while simultaneously earning enough to be able to continue her research; she found that in the Workforce. While she’s far from the most powerful member of the team and her tendency toward pacifism makes her an unusual choice for a superpowered prison warden, her keen intellect, bravery and compassion for those whom some of her teammates might not give a second thought have more than earned her a place on the team.

POWERS & WEAPONS
As her name suggests, Bioluminescent Lass possesses the ability to radiate light. At its most basic level, this is useful for providing illumination in lightless areas but she can easily intensify her output so as to be blinding even through closed eyes. Through experimentation, she has learned to adjust the frequency of her light output; at this stage she can’t noticeably change the color of her glow but she can shift wavelengths enough to make polarised lenses useless or in one memorable incident to combat Color Kid’s own power as he was forced to constantly reinforce his power over hers to keep her from blinding his teammates.

Bioluminescent Lass is constantly working on ways to refine her ability and to use it to its fullest extent. While she can control the intensity of her light output to an amazingly fine degree, she can only project light omnidirectionally. Her teammate Gear has come up with smart contact lenses for the rest of the team to wear which protect them from being blinded when she uses her power in their presence.

Perhaps more useful than her novel power is her scientific expertise. Dr Sartro has a particular mastery of extra-dimensional physics and superhuman physiology, but she’s well-versed in hard and soft sciences generally as well.

GEAR
PERSONAL DATA
I.Z.O.R.
Homeworld: Linsnar
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 165 lbs
Eyes: white in their default state, but variable

HISTORY
Gear is a Linsnarian, a techno-organic race famed across the United Planets as living tools. His history prior to joining the Workforce is largely unknown, but he’s easily settled in as their resident tech guy. Gear genuinely enjoys his life in the Workforce and the adventures which ensue, and he sees any obstacle as a fun opportunity to test his capabilities.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Composed entirely of organic circuitry, Gear generally appears quite unremarkable in appearance. He can easily modify parts of his body for different functions however, producing gadgets and tools from his own body mass as necessary. When he uses his power, his epidermis generally forms into segmented plates and reveals densely packed circuitry and electronics just beneath his surface. This can give him the appearance of being a robot with a false human veneer, but he is genuinely as much organic as he is composed of technology. He can compose any type of weapon or tool he has the technical know-how to create, but he can’t separate substantial portions of his body from one another or radically alter his basic shape without suffering injury (Gear created specially polarised contact lenses for his teammates out of his own body, but in terms of mass that was the equivalent of an average person’s nail clippings; he wouldn’t be able to lose much more material than this without wounding himself). Gear can also interface with technology quite easily by creating from himself the right equipment.

As is common with Linsnarians, Gear is far more technologically inclined than the average UP citizen. This is a product of his unique physiology more than advanced intellect or education however, and so he’s much more at home with practical fields like mechanics and electronics than he is with the theory behind them.

ION
PERSONAL DATA
Jeri Jimel
Homeworld: Imsk
Height: 5’ 8”
Weight: 139 lbs
Eyes: brown (no visible pupils)

HISTORY
Little is known of Ion’s history prior to her membership in the Workforce. She presents herself with military professionalism at all times, probably due to her stint in the Imskian defence forces prior to leaving her homeworld. She is quite stoic, and has appeared unfazed in situations where even her own teammates have faltered. She tends not to stand out among the rest of her team, standing by ready to take orders without really expressing herself one way or the other outside of mission parameters.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Ion possesses the ability to shrink to subatomic size just as all Imskians do. She has military training and is a skilled fighter both in ranged and melee combat, though Shrinking Violet defeated her decisively in hand-to-hand combat.

MAGNO
PERSONAL DATA
Dyrk Magz
Homeworld: Braal
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 135 lbs
Eyes: blue
Hair: blond

HISTORY
Dyrk Magz’s greatest dream was once to join the Legion of Superheroes, but his older brother Omar eventually convinced him that it was a foolish aspiration as the Legion would never take him when they already had Cosmic Boy. Refusing to allow his disappointment to lead to defeatism, Dyrk instead changed his focus to joining the Science Police in Omar’s footsteps and to this end he practiced using his magnokinesis almost obsessively to become the best officer he could. This didn’t go unnoticed by Dyrk’s superiors, and when the call went out for someone to lead a Takron-Galtos based superhero team he was nominated straight out of the training academy.

Though he’s the youngest member of the Workforce, Magno has taken to the role of leader surprisingly well. His power level and skill are comparable to Cosmic Boy already and his optimism, enthusiasm and idealism make up for his lack of practical experience.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Like all Braalians, Magno possesses the power of magnokinesis. He has trained himself to a degree matched by few other Braalians however, and was able to stalemate Cosmic Boy for several minutes when the two paired off against one another in a training exercise.

TRIPLICATE BOY
PERSONAL DATA
Dru Lorgo
Homeworld: Cargg
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 225 lbs
Eyes: amber/violet

HISTORY
Growing up on Cargg, Dru Lorgo was a natural athlete. He excelled in several fields including tri-jitsu, boxing, gymnastics, and relay track and swimming races among others. His natural charisma and attractiveness meant it wasn’t long before he became equally famous on his homeworld as a model and if he’d wanted to he could easily have had any number of careers in the sports or entertainment spheres of the wider United Planets.

Fame and wealth weren’t enough for Dru though; like his hero Duplicate Damsel he wanted to actively help people. He joined the Science Police’s training program but found its rigidity and regulations too restrictive. When he heard about Leland McCauley’s Workforce program, he saw this as his way to get some practical training as a superhero and hopefully get his foot in the door with a team like the Legion of Superheroes. He took the name Triplicate Boy and a costume heavily influenced by Triplicate Girl’s original outfit, but he has yet to actually meet his heroic inspiration.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Triplicate Boy possesses the same ability to split into three identical bodies as anybody else from the planet Cargg. He is one of his world’s athletic elite however, and has a specific mastery of tri-jitsu matched by few others.

TWINE
PERSONAL DATA
unknown
Homeworld: unknown
Weight: 125 lbs
Eyes: white (no visible pupils/irises)
Hair: magenta

HISTORY
Nothing has been revealed of Twine’s personal history prior to the formation of the Workforce. She was recruited from Rimbor, though it’s unclear whether she is actually a native Rimborian. She wears a mask covering her lower face at all times and didn’t speak when training with the Legion of Superheroes, but again it’s not clear whether she is physically unable to communicate verbally or if she just chooses not to talk. She takes a sadistic pleasure in her abilities, and aside from her friendship with Abyss (who has been known to speak on her behalf) she doesn’t really interact with any of her teammates outside of work.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Twine can generate prehensile tendrils of bright pink energy from her forearms which painfully drain strength and vitality from any opponent they touch. Her energy whips are powerful enough to have even hurt the Shazam-empowered Blok, though when her physical connection with the whips was severed the psionic feedback knocked her out.

Last edited by razsolo; 07/09/23 03:41 AM.
Re: The Workforce
razsolo #963355 11/19/18 08:14 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
re: Bioluminescent Lass (Jana Sartro of Lupra)

I believe you may misunderestimate the power of light. (E=hv)
Of course, this may be extradimensional light, where Planck's Constant is less constant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5tnY_c09k

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
razsolo #963369 11/19/18 01:46 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
While I agree that light has a ton of potential for power, I kind of like that Bioluminescent Lass has the same initial powers as Sun Boy or Dazzler, before they left blinding/dazzling people behind for throwing fire or lasers at people. As a hero, a nonlethal 'dazzling' attack or blinding glare effect could be more useful than lasers, against living targets (particularly if your hero team or relationship with law enforcement discourages burning holes in people...). smile

Plus it's cheeky if she manages to be an effective hero with a power that others moved beyond as being 'too weak.' In a setting that gave us characters like Matter-Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy, Duo Damsel, the Subs, etc. it's kind of cool to see someone making do with not-quite-ready-for-prime-time powers.

Anywho, I definitely want to know more about Twine and Abyss, in particular. They, and Dune, were some of the blink-and-you-missed-them characters that the comics never really gave us much information (or characterization) to go on.

Last edited by Set; 11/19/18 01:48 PM.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
razsolo #963498 11/23/18 01:58 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
There's definitely way more potential with light-based powers than Bioluminescent Lass exhibits (and I do plan on having her develop some tricks somewhere along the line) but originally I created her in the Heroes from Other Worlds thread as a homage to Aurora from Marvel's Alpha Flight so she was only really conceived with basic illumination as her core concept. When I decided to use her in my Workforce I thought it might be an interesting experiment to see how someone with such limited combat applications would work as a prison warden (that, and heroes who manage to be effective with weak or just plain kooky powers are my jam smile )

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,954
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
SCarlet
SCarlet
the Hive
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star