Roll Call
0 members (), 28 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:15 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:10 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/26/24 08:03 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sprint
razsolo #1024054 03/19/23 04:18 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
SPRINT

PERSONAL DATA
Jackie Norrin
Homeworld: Earth
Group Affiliations: (formerly) Judgement League
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 118 lbs
Eyes: brown
Hair: blonde

HISTORY
Sometime in the 21st Century, the woman who would become Sprint built a suit to combat the heroic Australian speedster named Pacesetter. History says that Sprint fell victim to an accidental gas explosion during the course of their first battle, but the truth is much weirder.

Sprint was plucked out of the timestream at the moment before her death by Earth-Man to join his Judgement League a thousand years in the future. Earth-Man and several of his teammates were driven by xenophobia to combat the Legion, but Sprint really just wanted to take advantage of her unlikely survival to explore this exciting new future she’d been dropped in. Her vendetta against a minor Australian superhero who died nearly a millenium ago didn’t seem so important anymore, so she just decided to go with the flow.

Unlike most of the Judgement League, Sprint has always been more self-serving than evil. She’s not adverse to hurting people to get what she wants, but she isn’t particularly sadistic or malevolent and seems to particularly have a soft spot when it comes to making sure innocent children aren’t endangered while she’s out adventuring. She started a relationship with her teammate Golden Boy which has survived beyond the dissolution of the Judgement League and she seems to have been able to bring him back from some of the more sociopathic tendencies that Earth-Man and his cronies had encouraged.

While Sprint and Golden Boy are occasionally a pain for the Science Police or local Earth heroes to deal with, both of them received full pardons from Earthgov for any previous crimes and Sprint in particular isn’t viewed particularly as a public menace. There’s sentiment in some quarters that she might even actually be a better influence for Golden Boy than prison would be.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Sprint has no natural powers, but she is an exceptionally talented engineer and was the recipient of a Lexcorp scholarship during her teen years which led to her working for the company as soon as she finished her studies.

Her speedsuit allows her to run at superspeed for short periods of time while protecting her from any adverse effects such as friction, impact damage, etc. The suit may also increase her strength slightly as she has carried multiple children with her on different occasions, but this is conjecture.

The upper limits and duration of Sprint’s superspeed are unknown, and it is similarly unknown whether she has incorporated 31st Century tech into her speedsuit as some of her former technologically enhanced teammates have done.

Last edited by razsolo; 03/19/23 04:18 AM.
Re: Sizzle
razsolo #1024056 03/19/23 05:46 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I love these bios, raz! Also like how you define the power limits here.

Invisible Brainiac #1024057 03/19/23 06:12 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
I love these bios, raz! Also like how you define the power limits here.
Thanks! I loved the Official Handbooks that Marvel did in the 80s and I find writing little profiles is kind of useful as a series bible for characters who don't appear very often or for the odd occasion when I need to refer to their height or something to make sure it stays consistent smile

razsolo #1024067 03/19/23 11:08 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Love that Sojourn has telepathy and telekinesis, but both of them are more or less within the same 'range' as human physical abilities of communication / locomotion, and not really 'super-powers.' That's neat.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Set #1024103 03/20/23 05:54 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Set
Love that Sojourn has telepathy and telekinesis, but both of them are more or less within the same 'range' as human physical abilities of communication / locomotion, and not really 'super-powers.' That's neat.

I feel like I have left ther whole deal vague enough that I can go Dark Phoenix with them one day if I'm ever so inclined (we all know it'll be Hadru's fault), but currently Sojurn's versatility is pretty well balanced by how limited they are in a lot of respects, so they can still fit into the student class power-wise!

razsolo #1024107 03/20/23 06:20 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
it will totally be Hadru's fault, and I imagine Marya will give him a smacking and a talkinh-to lol

Transposition Lad
razsolo #1024442 04/02/23 01:41 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
TRANSPOSITION LAD

PERSONAL DATA
Kappa Snarrk
Homeworld: Zafarus*
Group Affiliation: Legion of Superheroes
Height: 6’ 7”
Weight: 165 lbs
Eyes: black
Hair: green

HISTORY
Transposition Lad initially tried to join the Legion of Superheroes in their earliest days, but at that time he hadn’t quite refined control of his powers and he was summarily rejected.

His optimistic nature was unaffected by this setback and he headed back to his homeworld and became a local hero instead. He would have been happy living the rest of his days this way, but when the Legion asked the Bina Nawoti Foundation to find them some success stories from their past applicants for another tryout, Kappa was more than happy to throw his metaphorical hat in the ring again.

He is now one of the Legion’s newest recruits, though one of their more experienced ones thanks to his adventures on his homeworld. Transposition Lad and Slug were in the same intake of new recruits, and with their similar interest in superhero culture, the two have become fast friends (though one would be hard pressed to find two individuals who are visually more different from one another).

SKILLS AND TALENTS
Transposition Lad is a big fan of superhero culture, and is probably as familiar with the history of the Legion (as well as superheroes in general!) as many long-term Legionnaires.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Transposition Lad possesses the power to exchange the positions of any two targets within his line of sight. He can affect anything up to roughly his own size, with the only caveat being that both targets must be approximately the same size. Transposition Lad can’t use this power on himself, and he can’t simply teleport one target from one place to another - he has to exchange two targets.

*I actually stole homaged Transposition Lad’s look and home planet from this post from Klar Ken T5477's Young Legion fic! The image in Klar’s post is from the Secret Origins Fortress Lad story if memory serves!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by razsolo; 04/02/23 01:44 AM.
Slug
razsolo #1024443 04/02/23 01:55 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
SLUG

PERSONAL DATA
Kes Mtsto
Homeworld: Pseudatania
Length: 7’ 4” (disregarding his eyestalks, Slug is approximately 3’ 6” tall)
Weight: 840 lbs
Eyes: n/a (Pseudatanians possess retractable eyestalks with only the pupils visible when they’re extended)
Hair: n/a

HISTORY
Pseudatania is a world where giant hermaphroditic sentient slugs are the dominant lifeform. Though they have no actual limbs, they can control their bodies with enough fine control to grip and utilise tools. A quirk of Pseudatanian society is that they don’t use pronouns; the only way they have of referring to one another is by name or more descriptive terms.

Kes left Pseudatania to work in a metallurgical lab to support family back home. Kes secretly harboured dreams of being an adventurer like Kes’s hero Cosmic Boy, but had long since had to accept that wasn’t likely to be in the cards for a non-humanoid species such as Kes’s own.

One of the projects Kes was assigned to was shaping inertron casings for Science Police, work that involved delicate molecular rearrangement technology due to inertron’s legendary durability. The machine malfunctioned one day, and Kes was somehow fused with inertron. Rather than killing Kes, it changed Kes into a virtually indestructible and super-strong inertron being and also changed some of Kes’s biological processes so that Kes can now grow retractable spikes or pods and even shoot them off like bullets.

Finally able to bring Kes’s dreams to reality, Kes recently joined the Legion of Superheroes using the name Slug and has become fast friends with fellow recruit Transposition Lad though the two visually at least are quite the odd couple.

SKILLS AND TALENTS
Slug is a big fan of superhero culture, and is probably as familiar with the history of the Legion (as well as superheroes in general!) as many long-term Legionnaires.

Slug also has a working knowledge of metallurgical processes due to Kes’s work experience prior to joining the Legion of Superheroes.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Slug is composed of a kind of organic inertron. For all intents and purposes, Slug is now indestructible, though has lost nothing in the way of flexibility or mobility. Slug is faster than Slug would seem, capable of matching most humanoid species in terms of reflex and movement.

Slug can extend small spikes or rounded pods all over Slug’s body, and at will can fire these off with varying force. At maximum velocity, they’re essentially inertron bullets and highly destructive.

Verdant
razsolo #1024444 04/02/23 02:31 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
VERDANT

PERSONAL DATA
Ivy Arcane
Homeworld: Mardru
Group Affiliation: Avatar of the Green, (formerly) ally of Glorith I
Height: 5’ 5”
Weight: 110 lbs
Eyes: green
Hair: n/a (Verdant’s scalp is covered in small green leaves resembling an afro rather than actual hair)

HISTORY
Ivy Arcane’s bloodline has long been associated with both the Green and the Rot in one form or another. Though the circumstances are unknown, Ivy’s necromancer grandfather Alek Arcane arranged for his daughter Antonine to fall pregnant with Ivy knowing that Ivy would be the Avatar of the Green. Alek’s plan was always to use Ivy and her connection with the Green to further his own ends.

When Antonine gave birth to Ivy, she fled to isolated Moorte Island on her homeworld Mardru to escape the evil of Alek Arcane. The Green responded to Ivy being in danger in the worst possible way, and killed nearly everybody on the island including Antonine herself. Mardru being Chlorophyll Kid’s homeworld, an old acquaintance of his summoned him to help when the plants started attacking. By the time Chlorophyll Kid, Comet Queen and Phantom Girl arrived however, only one nurse was left alive with the infant Ivy. They could all tell there was something special about Ivy as she had one small leaf growing from her scalp, but everybody initially was under the assumption that the animated plant life on the island was trying to kill the infant.

When Chlorophyll Kid learned that the Green were only trying to protect their baby avatar, he made a deal with them that he would serve as Ivy’s protector if the plants stopped trying to kill everyone around her. Because he already had the power to artificially enhance plant growth, the Green agreed and they altered his powers to better serve as her protector. For a while, Chlorophyll Kid and Comet Queen raised Ivy Arcane, very quickly coming to love her as a daughter. They defended her successfully when Alek Arcane came after her, and kept her safe from various threats they came across in their life as superheroes along with beginning to teach her how to manage her vast power as Avatar of the Green.

All of that changed one day when some Legionnaires were put in the position of having to ask the evil sorceress Glorith I for assistance fighting Mordru. Glorith sensed Ivy’s power and kidnapped the baby, taking her to a post-apocalyptic era where she raised her to believe that Chlorophyll Kid and Comet Queen had abandoned her into the timestream because they were scared of her power, and that Glorith was the only person she could trust.

Glorith brought a full-grown Ivy Arcane back only moments after they’d left, and Chlorophyll Kid was horrified to learn that his beloved daughter now hated him with every fiber of her being. Calling herself Verdant now, she willingly worked with Glorith and even tried to kill her father once by plunging a spear of wood through his heart.

As Verdant, she opposed the Legion a couple more times, culminating in a plot where she forcibly brought the Green to dominance across five worlds and attempted to do the same with Earth to help Glorith’s convoluted scheme to rule over a millennium. It was during the climax of this adventure that Chlorophyll Kid and Comet Queen (with Truth Girl’s help) finally convinced Ivy that Glorith had stolen her from them as a baby, and that they would never have abandoned her. Ivy turned on her former mistress Glorith, and returned to the 31st Century with the Legion of Superheroes when the battle ended with Glorith fleeing into the timestream.

Where Verdant goes from here is yet to be seen…

SKILLS AND TALENTS
Presumably Verdant has some level of survival skill having grown up in what she refers to as a post-apocalyptic wasteland, but she has never really shown any concrete evidence of this.

POWERS & WEAPONS
As the Avatar of the Green, Ivy Arcane is linked with the lifeforce and consciousness of all plants in the universe. This allows her to control plant growth and to animate plant life to serve her will. She can also sense a plant’s surroundings remotely at will.

Ivy Arcane may be the most powerful Avatar of the Green who has ever lived, as she even possesses the ability to create plant life at will. Her power has been shown on multiple occasions to dwarf that of Chlorophyll Kid, she was easily able to trap him in his own wooden armour and use it to try and murder him.

As Verdant, Ivy enhanced plant life to a devastating degree across the surface of entire worlds. It’s unclear however if this is a level of power she has access to normally, or if Glorith was enhancing her somehow.

Ivy herself is a plant-human hybrid, as evidenced by the leaves that grow from her head. What this actually means in practical terms hasn’t fully been explored however. She also has an awareness of Chlorophyll Kid’s whereabouts any time he is actively using his own power to track her whereabouts.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by razsolo; 04/02/23 06:42 AM.
Re: Verdant
razsolo #1024448 04/02/23 03:03 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
cool bios, Raz!

I love how you paid homage to Klar's work with T-Lad. also love how he applied way way way back, and eventually got a second chance because of the Foundation!

And I can understand why Slug thought someone of his species would have a tougher time making it as a hero!

Ivy's visuals are striking, too! I like the whole leaf on her head thing.

Invisible Brainiac #1024449 04/02/23 03:33 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
cool bios, Raz!

I love how you paid homage to Klar's work with T-Lad. also love how he applied way way way back, and eventually got a second chance because of the Foundation!

And I can understand why Slug thought someone of his species would have a tougher time making it as a hero!

Ivy's visuals are striking, too! I like the whole leaf on her head thing.

Thanks IB! I might draw Ivy next actually, I have got a really clear idea in my head of how she looks as a grown-up!

It's funny how characters change from conception to when you've actually written them in a couple stories...I originally wrote all the new recruit profiles before I introduced them and had T-Lad being besties with Elastic Lad and Comet Queen laugh

Having actually written them in a few stories now, it just kinda feels more natural for T-Lad and Slug to gravitate toward each other on account of them both being compatible in their superhero nerdiness smile

razsolo #1024452 04/02/23 04:34 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
yeah, a lot of character relationships and details change once the writing starts eh? some things just feel more natural than others tongue

razsolo #1024467 04/02/23 02:07 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Ha, a slug that throws slugs! (Slug being slang for a bullet.)

I love the idea of a metal being that can propel tiny bits of itself as an attack, being sort of a living firearm, and the idea of making them so alien is extra cool.

(The power itself is vaguely reminiscent of the 80s Captain Atom reboot, where he and Major Force were merged with alien metal and it both protected them, and in Major Force's case, allowed him to generate more alien matter offensively.)

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Set #1024478 04/02/23 04:23 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Originally Posted by Set
Ha, a slug that throws slugs! (Slug being slang for a bullet.)

Yes! I actually nicked the idea for Slug from the last Dial H for Hero series, they had a gung-ho guy with big guns in a snail shell called Iron Slug and I thought it was way too good a pun to just let it be a one-off character so I rejigged it a bit laugh

Truth Girl
razsolo #1024571 04/04/23 04:07 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
TRUTH GIRL

PERSONAL DATA
Oliv Hollowai
Homeworld: Earth
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 120 lbs
Eyes: golden
Hair: dark brown

HISTORY
When Femnaz returned Wonder Woman’s golden lasso to Earth, archeology student Oliv Hollowai was given access to it to help with a paper she was writing on the ancient Themiscyrans.

When the villainous Scavenger tried to steal several artifacts from the museum (including the lasso), he held Oliv’s girlfriend Bobbi hostage for it. Paranoid and irrational, the Scavenger assumed that the girls were working for some secret enemy against him. While clutching the rope, Oliv wished that she had the power to help her girlfriend and make the Scavenger see the truth, and suddenly found herself imbued with the fighting prowess of Wonder Woman herself. With Wonder Woman’s combat skills and lasso, she easily subdued the ancient villain.

The Science Police took him into custody, and Oliv decided to use her new power for good by trying out for the Legion of Superheroes. Initially they passed her over as it seemed her power was solely derived from the Golden Perfect, and with no hard feelings Oliv embarked on a solo career as a hero anyway.

When the Bina Nawoti Foundation was formed and Nightstone looked into Truth Girl’s solo escapades, she let Oliv know that the Legion were recruiting again. This time around with the knowledge that some of her abilities are in fact inherent and not reliant on her holding the Golden Perfect, Truth Girl was more successful. She is now one of the newest members of the Legion of Superheroes.

SKILLS & TALENTS
Truth Girl is an avid student of history and is studying toward her archeology degree.

She has also been imparted with Wonder Woman’s combat prowess. While she doesn’t have the benefit of superhuman strength or speed, her excellent fighting skill more than makes up for that. Presumably, she would lose her incredible fighting skills if her powers were to be suppressed or removed.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Somehow, Truth Girl has been mystically imbued with the ability to perceive the truth in all situations. Traditionally this power has been a quality of the Golden Perfect itself, but this is the first time in known history that its user has themselves been imbued with the power. Truth Girl retains this ability regardless of whether she’s in possession of the lasso or not; like her newfound combat skills, it is something that seems to have been gifted to her as an innate characteristic now.

Truth Girl’s ability to sense the truth most commonly can be used to discern if someone is lying to her obviously, but it also alerted her when the Legion of Superheroes placed her into a virtual simulation that fooled even Dogstar’s senses and it can generally be relied upon to let her know if her surroundings are illusory or real.

The Golden Perfect itself is for all intents and purposes indestructible, it can elongate as needed (in the past, Wonder Woman has even used it to encircle planetary bodies), and it retains its legendary ability to force anyone ensnared to tell the truth.

Truth Girl’s lightweight armour is made of an Amazonium alloy. While it is not as indestructible as Wonder Woman’s famous bracelets, it does give her a high resistance to injury while still allowing her free range of movement.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by razsolo; 04/04/23 04:12 AM.
Re: Truth Girl
razsolo #1024574 04/04/23 05:39 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
has Truth Girl appeared in canon before? I might have missed her tryout! great origin, and I hope we see Bobbi "in person" soon too!

I also dig that her power lets her know if illusions are illusions, but she can still perceive the illusion. She just knows that it's not real. That's cool, and also potentially more effective - at least, she knows what her teammates are perceiving, and can guide them accordingly (it could be a bit more awkward if she simply didn't perceive what they are perceiving tongue )

Invisible Brainiac #1024635 04/07/23 04:26 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
has Truth Girl appeared in canon before? I might have missed her tryout! great origin, and I hope we see Bobbi "in person" soon too!

Truth Girl has not appeared in canon! I just thought it would be fun to try and give the newbies some more fleshed out background prior to joining the Legion....I was debating whether I should do a flashback origin story showing how she got the lasso, but I don't think it's really fleshed out enough yet in my head to get a whole adventure out of it so I just added it to her bio for now smile

And we will see Bobbi in the very next instalment actually!

I also dig that her power lets her know if illusions are illusions, but she can still perceive the illusion. She just knows that it's not real. That's cool, and also potentially more effective - at least, she knows what her teammates are perceiving, and can guide them accordingly (it could be a bit more awkward if she simply didn't perceive what they are perceiving tongue )

Also yes, that was my thought as well hahahaha....everyone else sitting in the Tryout Machine having their virtual fight and Truth Girl's just sitting there with the VR headset on like "umm guys is this thing on?" laugh laugh

razsolo #1024640 04/07/23 05:33 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
d'oh sorry! my question should have been: have Truth Girl and Bobbi appeared in your story before! I was thinking if maybe you'd written something with Scavenger in it smile silly me!

and yay!looking forward to seeing Bobbi!!!

lol or Truth Girl going like, "Why is that illusionist guy screaming like a baby, why does everyone look like they want to slap Quiz Queen, and why is Cosmic Boy lying on the floor pretending to be dead but keeping one eye open?"

Invisible Brainiac #1024658 04/07/23 06:26 PM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
why does everyone look like they want to slap Quiz Queen?

I mean the answer to this one could just be that it's a day ending in Y laugh

razsolo #1024666 04/08/23 03:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
lol Maybe that's Quiz Queen's real super power... being so entitled everyone wants to smack her!

Sheranee
razsolo #1025312 05/02/23 06:59 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
SHERANEE

PERSONAL DATA
Sheranee Shah
Homeworld: Earth / New Tamaran
Height: 5’ 3”
Weight: 110 lbs
Eyes: bright orange (no visible pupils or irises)
Hair: rusty orange

HISTORY
Sheranee Shah’s mother is a UP Ambassador from the planet Earth who had embarked on many adventures herself prior to Sheranee’s birth. When Tamaran was on the verge of leaving the UP due to political reasons, Aadarshini Shah was assigned to find a way to restore harmony. She did so admirably, and in doing so she met the low level Tamaranean Prince T’argon and they fell in love. Aadarshini became pregnant and when their daughter was born they named her Sheranee, which means tigress in Aadarshini’s ancestral language Hindi. Aadarshini and T’argon eventually parted on good terms when they recognised that he didn’t want to leave New Tamaran and she didn’t want to be tied down to one location, and they shared custody of Sheranee. Sheranee has an excellent relationship with both of her parents, along with her father’s new Tamaranean family.

Sheranee was born with several complimentary mutations, and many of these were apparent from an early age. Her enhanced physical characteristics and vision are likely a throwback to the Tamaraneans’ original feline origins, and her ability to store solar energy and discharge it is believed to be due to her likely genetic connection to the ancient Tamarenean heroine Starfire or her villainous sister Blackfire. This isn’t a particularly far-fetched connection to draw; Tamarenean royal families have a history of inbreeding and the population itself is small enough that just about everyone at some point or another probably has royal genes in their bloodline somewhere.

Sheranee inherited her sense of adventure from her mother, and as soon as she felt ready she applied for and was granted membership to the Legion of Superheroes. When Sheranee joined the team she brought her Shwarrian Fire Kitten Nyabby along with her, though he generally remains confined to her quarters and nobody has met him yet. Sheranee has shown herself to be a competent Legionnaire with a cheery disposition that sees her getting along with everyone effortlessly.

POWERS & WEAPONS
Sheranee generally is faster, more agile, stronger and more durable than a regular Tamaranean. This classifies her as a metahuman by Earth standards. While she is significantly beyond peak human ability, she’s nowhere near the level of Timber Wolf or a speedster when it comes to strength, agility or speed. She also has superhumanly good night vision, though exotic forms of darkness like Shadow Lass’s power are still impenetrable to her. Like all Tamaraneans, Sheranee possesses the ability to absorb language through skin contact. Unlike most Tamaraneans, Sheranee doesn't possess the ability to fly under her own power, which may be her Terran side coming through.

Sheranee also possesses the ability to absorb solar energy through her skin. This is a passive ability which is always on, and it reduces the amount of food, water and oxygen she needs to function at optimum levels. More importantly, it fuels her starbolts; concussive bolts of energy which can smash their way through reinforced steel like it was balsa wood and shatter dense rocks some 40-60 feet in diameter into rubble.

Finally, Sheranee possesses a higher form of empathy with animals. While this falls short of complex communication, she is generally able to broadly sense how an animal is feeling and put them at ease around her. This quality is particularly notable with felines.

Last edited by razsolo; 01/18/24 06:43 AM.
Re: Sheranee
razsolo #1025316 05/02/23 08:14 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
nicee bio, Raz! I especially like the Hindi heritage, the amicable parting of Sheranee's parents, and the good relationship she has with both until now! refreshing to see that.

also nice bit re the inbreeding, meaning most if not all Tamaraneans probably have some royal genes.I like that bit, and it makes sense for a smaller population

a Fire Kitten! of course it's from Schwar! I wanna see the Fire Kitten, I want! also, any reason why nobody else has met Nyabby? will it be a major plot point? smile

great description of her powerset, you are really good at defining and limiting your characters' powers - like, it's clear enough that if I wanted to play one as a character I'd know their limits. well done!

also nice bit that the animal empathy works best with felines tongue possible throwback to the Tamaranean genes?

razsolo #1025317 05/02/23 08:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
also loving the Sisterhood of Sin drawings - Nimbus actually looks real friendly (but I'd have to remember not to let my guard down lol)

White Bat looks really sleek!

Love the history of Star-Bear. heh at the fate of late 21st C Russia. that squadron of Rocket Reds is scary!

lol at how being a time-refugee made it difficult legally! and very realistic too, I can just imagine some fancy lawyer arguing that the UP court has no jurisdiction for some reason or other

Star-Bear seems really formidable, also buoyed up by her experience in brawling lol! I imagine she's the no-holds barred type!

razsolo #1025352 05/03/23 01:53 AM
R
razsolo Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
R
Sheranee's fire kitten is going to be very cute! I have been meaning to introduce pets to the Legion, but I keep forgetting about it - there is no real dramatic reason for Nyabby not to have been seen yet, I just haven't really had room to fit him in....soon though!

Sheranee's empathy being better with cats is a throwback to the Tamaranean stuff actually! I didn't wanna come out and specify it, but I'm glad it makes sense!

razsolo #1025355 05/03/23 05:38 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
yay! and also yay! it's also nice not to have to spell everything out, hee hee smile

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,957
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star