So, DC has come up with some excellent minis, one-shots and even ongoings recently that feature some beloved cartoon characters from my youth.

What are your thoughts? Any that speak to you in particular?

I just read Snagglepuss: Exit Stage Left. It's heartbreaking: Snagglepuss and best friend Huckleberry Hound are closeted gay artists in the 1950s, during the communist witch hunts. As you can imagine, it doesn't end well for everyone. I loved it though, from the little cameos of real-life celebrities of that era, to the sprinkling of other Hanna-Barbera characters - Quickdraw McGraw gets a bit of surprise development, and Peter Potamus was lovable.

Scooby Apocalypse has everyone from Scooby-Doo take a level in bad-ass. Scrappy-Doo has a quasi-villain role but gets lots of development, and even completely new characters like Velma's sister-in-law Daisy are great.

And I loved the one-shots! Elmer Fudd/Batman, Bugs Bunny and the LSH, and Catwoman/Black Canary/Sylvester/Tweety were my favorites. And in her books, Harley Quinn gets loads of scenes where she spoofs some of Bugs Bunny's best lines.