Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 37 Murran Spies, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:26 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/04/24 08:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:26 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 05/04/24 07:25 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New Villain Idol?
#965681 01/12/19 03:26 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I will re-title this thread once I know exactly what type of villains we are using.

I am thinking about starting up another Idols game, but I am a bit stuck as to what villains to use. On the top of my head we already covered these groups: Bat-Villains, Spider-Villains, Flash Rogues, Legion of Super-Villains, and Legion of Doom (JLA enemies).

The two main ones that come to my mind are Wonder Woman and Superman, but they both have limited villain pools. Their writers tend to reuse villains instead of creating new ones. Another idea is to do a Masters of Evil Idol, with Avengers villains, given that Infinity was a big hit last year.

What are your thoughts?

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Re: New Villain Idol?
Emily Sivana #965685 01/12/19 03:48 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Hulk villains. I'll be glad to be a resource. nod

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Emily Sivana #965699 01/13/19 09:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Same answer for me, I'm usually more interested in heroes than in villains smile But I'd be happy to play in any Idol.

I do agree that the villain pool would have to be qutie large, so Avengers villains sounds interesting.

Emily Sivana #965711 01/13/19 05:31 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Ann: I would be happy for you to share your resources, as I have not read many comics with the Hulk. I have read a lot of She-Hulk comics, but she really doesn't have a rogues gallery.

Invisible Brainiac: I am thinking that maybe we will do mini-Idols on the main Avengers who have separate rogues galleries. Then, once we run out, we can do the Avengers as a whole. It might help our brains if we think about the characters multiple times.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #965733 01/14/19 02:28 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Ok, Emily. Then I'll send you a doc soon, with as many Hulk rogues as I can think of, names and descriptions. Be warned, though, I kinda consider most of the last 20 years with the Hulk to not be canon, so you may need another Hulk fan's help with more recent additions.

Emily Sivana #966062 01/20/19 07:29 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I will post the list of Hulk villains shortly. There is some overlap with other character's villains so it might take a long time for us to figure out how many to include in the game.

Emily Sivana #966146 01/21/19 10:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I think you're right. I hadn't thought about it, but I think the Marvel villain pool is far deeper than DC overall. Looking forward to it (and I've got some faves already)

Emily Sivana #966194 01/23/19 08:49 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I decided to call in due to the snow conditions today. I hope to be able to safely leave my subdivision tomorrow.

Preliminary list curtesy of Anne, with my personal notes to the right:

Abomination- Is there a Silver Age and Modern version? Two distinctive ones?
Achilles
Agamemnon
Armageddon
Armbuster (Colonel John)
Bi-Beast
Cloot
Igor Drenkov
Doc Samson- I didn't know he was a villain, I thought he was a therapist? Marvel nowadays uses him that way.
Dr. Monica Rapaccini
General Ross
Glorian
Gremlin
Harpy
Hulkbusters- Should we include both teams and individual members? I will have to comb through previous Idols to find out precedent.
Inquisitor (Jarella's Dimension)
Ironcald
Leader I
Leader II
Maestro
Madman
Major Talbot
Mercy
Mister Hyde
Nightmare
Ogress
Omnibus- Does he has significantly different powers from Leader II?
Piecemeal
Quatermain
Scorpion II
Scorpian III
Redemer I
Redeemer II- Does he have significantly different powers from bassline General Ross or Red Hulk?
Rhino
Riot Squad- See question for Hulkbusters
Rock
Shaper of Worlds- If this is one of those Silver Age 'Monster of the Day' I might cut him from the list
Soul Man
Talos the Tamed
Trauma
Troyjans- See question for Hulkbusters
Tyrannus
U-Foes- I recall these as villains of the Fantastic Four from the Facebook game. Am I correct?
Wendigo
Wolverine
Xray
Zzax

Emily's thoughts on who to add: I probably will add Red Hulk and Red She-Hulk to the list, and possibly Lyra. Should I add any of the movie villains like Grand Master? I like to draw the line at cosmic villains unless they are specifically foes of that character or team (i.e Galactus and the Fantastic Four).

Emily Sivana #966196 01/23/19 09:57 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
[quote=Emily Sivana]I decided to call in due to the snow conditions today. I hope to be able to safely leave my subdivision tomorrow.

Preliminary list curtesy of Ann, with my personal notes to the right:

Abomination- Is there a Silver Age and Modern version? Two distinctive ones?

ANN: Um...yes, but unfortunately the modern Abomination was Rick Jones, as if Marvel didn't learn from their 80s blunder with turning Rick into a 2nd Hulk. Neither transformation lasted very long. I move to only count the original Abomination, Emil Blonsky.

Achilles
Agamemnon
Armageddon (Troyjans)

Armbuster (Colonel John)

ANN: I think we can scratch the good Colonel off the list. He was a Bronze Age flash-in-the-pan who quickly got killed off for shock value. I guess I included him because I associate him with the Len Wein Hulk era.

Bi-Beast
Cloot (Satan, or one aspect thereof)
Igor Drenkov

Doc Samson- I didn't know he was a villain, I thought he was a therapist? Marvel nowadays uses him that way.

ANN: He's been, at different times, both an antagonist and an ally. That's why I included him (that, and I've had a crush on him for years. I dig long hair.)

Dr. Monica Rappaccini
General Ross
Glorian
Gremlin
Harpy

Hulkbusters- Should we include both teams and individual members? I will have to comb through previous Idols to find out precedent.

ANN: How about individual members with their team name in parenthesis?

Inquisitor (Jarella's Dimension)
Ironclad (U-Foes)
Leader

Leader II/Omnibus

ANN: In hindsight, I shouldn't have included him as anything other than Omnibus. It's all needlessly complicated, IMHO.

Maestro
Madman
Major Talbot
Mercy
Mister Hyde
Nightmare
Ogress (Riot Squad)
Omnibus (Riot Squad)
Piecemeal
Quatermain
Scorpion II

ANN: I'm pretty sure I blundered by listing a third Scorpion -- Scorpion I (Mac Gargan) was a Spider-Man villain who was also Venom II for a while. Scorpion II (Carmilla Black) is one of those who flip-flops between ally and antagonist. She was also hinted as being Banner's illegitimate daughter.

Redemer I (Saunders) (Riot Squad)
Redeemer II (Ross) (Riot Squad) - Does he have significantly different powers from bassline General Ross or Red Hulk?

ANN: No, same armor worn by two different guys.

Rhino
Riot Squad- See question for Hulkbusters
Rock (LaRoquette) (Riot Squad)

Shaper of Worlds- If this is one of those Silver Age 'Monster of the Day' I might cut him from the list.

ANN: No. He's a Bronze Age villain, bordering on the cosmic but not quite.

Soul Man (Riot Squad)
Talos the Tamed (Skrull)
Trauma (Troyjans)
Troyjans- See question for Hulkbusters
Tyrannus

U-Foes- I recall these as villains of the Fantastic Four from the Facebook game. Am I correct?

ANN: Yes and no. They started as Hulk villains, but from the start they intended to be an evil F4. They were also members of Bendis's Masters of Evil, but mostly stood in the background. The one time they lived up to their potential, IMHO, was Incredible Hulk #397-398 and 401.

Vapor (U-Foes)
Vector (U-Foes)
Wendigo
Wolverine
X-Ray (U-Foes)
Zzaxx

Emily's thoughts on who to add: I probably will add Red Hulk and Red She-Hulk to the list, and possibly Lyra. Should I add any of the movie villains like Grand Master? I like to draw the line at cosmic villains unless they are specifically foes of that character or team (i.e Galactus and the Fantastic Four).

ANN: I move we forget the cosmic villains.

Emily Sivana #966244 01/24/19 10:42 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Per the precedent set in the Spider-Villain Idol, we can include both teams and individuals. Per the elaboration in the Legion of Doom Idol, we will include individual members only if they are significant outside of that team. For example, the Demons Three were not listed as individuals because they always appear together.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,110
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Not-So-Bad Lad
Not-So-Bad Lad
The Evil Anti-Moon!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star