Roll Call
0 members (), 33 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 09/29/2019
Omni #977444 09/29/19 03:40 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna: Anndraopolis: Medical Facility.

Blast-Off still in his uniform its white and yellow armor like fabric glinting in the bright lights of the hospital floor. He quickly removed his helmet and rimless goggles once he had exited the jump tube on to the intensive care unit. The rows of windows near the jump tubes let in the bluish light of the setting White Dwarf changing the sky from its normal purplish golden hue revealing stars that began making their way into the sky. The setting White Dwarf's glow made his uniform gleam a bit more.

“Back again so soon?” The tall, extremely thin four-armed sentient with alabaster skin and long white hair asked standing to greet him from behind her floating reception desk.

“That I am Gurnny. I read somewhere once that coma patients can hear what's going on around them and that talking to them helps bring them back sometimes. So I thought I’d keep trying. Besides she’s one of my best friends.” Blast-Off smiled as big as he could.

“I’m sure she’s hearing you loud and clear.” Gurnny smiled pressing the button to open the door and let him into the unit.

Blast-Off walked briskly down the hall to Shikari’s room. The door to her room swirled open and laying on the bed was Shikari sleeping soundly. Saturn Girl had told him she woke for a moment before falling back into her coma. When she did her exoskeleton armor retracted. Saturn Girl and her mentor Aven had monitored Shikari before the invasion and found that it was her mind and body healing itself from her captor's influence and treatment having been running with little to no sleep since her capture.

Blast-Off put down his helmet and pulled up a hoverchair next to her bed. He sat for a moment looking at her teal hair spread out on the white pillow.

“Hey Kari, how are you doing today? Still resting I see. I’m told that's good for you and that you are healing up well. But I sure do wish you’d wake up already. I could use a friend again. Ever since we’ve entered this reality me and Randall...Atom’x the other half of the old me you used to know as Wildfire…” Jahr-Drake paused for a moment seeing if the name sparked anything in her since she was the one who had given him the name.

“We’ve been split up and now we get to be our own people again. But I don’t know. After so many billions of years being the same person/energy being what have you...merged together and never able to separate...I got used to him being in my head...by my “Side” so to speak. I was never alone.” Jahr-Drake rubbed his neck. Talking to Shikari like this had made him realize how lonely he had become as he continued talking.

“Don’t get me wrong the fact that I only hear my voice in my head is nice and that not every tiny thing is up for debate. But there are times I don’t have all the answers and I don’t know... it always felt like Randall did, even when we first were transformed*. I was scared out of my mind and could barely hold it together. But he was so assured of himself… of us...when our powers were dying out after those sajqua’s abducted us to Qward** he was certain we’d find a cure and well if you call this a cure it definitely is one.” Jahr-Drake slumped in his floating white chair looking at Shikari.

“You know there are times I think I hear him in my head still… but then I think about it and realize it's just me trying to think from his perspective. But sometimes I don’t even feel like me. I know crazy talk but there are somethings about Randall that have stuck with me and I’m sure somethings about me stuck with him. But I couldn’t tell you for the life of me what they are. They just feel like me but not me. You know what I mean?” Jahr-Drake gave a weak smile as he took Shikari’s limp hand in his taking her silence as the answer to just continue on.

“Then there was that mess with that Meta girl from The Underground which messed with our “vibe”... Grief this is all so confusing.” Jahr-Drake said out loud not expecting anything to happen when Shikari gently squeezed his hand.

Jahr-Drake’s eyes looked at Shikari whose placid face hadn’t changed. But the grasp on his hand was clear and she was listening. Jahr-Drake smiled while his brown eyes watered a bit.

“Maybe once Randall gets back from Xanthu, he and I can work on figuring it out again and maybe I can get him to visit too. Would you like that? To hear both of us again?” Jahr-Drake waited hoping Shikari would squeeze his hand again. But nothing happened. But he didn’t care. She did it once and that meant she was in there and she was listening to him.

“One step at a time Kari. One step at a time.” Jahr-Drake smiled squeezing Shikari’s hand as he continued to talk.

*Legionnaires #49-50, 76
** Legion vol 1. # 34

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #977449 09/29/19 04:51 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Mission to star sector 247-A

The flight to star sector 247-A was a short trip from Anndranna prime with only two slipstream jumps. The ride there was fairly quiet. Saturn Girl and Invisible Kid piloted the cruiser while the rest of the team rested up. XS, however, spent most of the ride watching the scanners in anticipation of being intercepted on their way.

“Come on, come on. Something else has to be going on.” XS thought over and over to herself. When she was brought out of her scanning trance to the voice of their commanding field officer Invisible Kid beginning his briefing of the mission.

“Alright everyone, we’re going in a little blind here. We have vague reports of what is out there. So far all we know is that various kinds of ships have gone missing along with their crews. There is a distress beacon that went off just as we entered into this sector and that is where we are headed. According to the distress beacon and what long-range sensors can tell us it is a large freighter ship that was en route to the rim worlds with various supplies. Mainly technology according to the slipstream logs.

Some of you may not be aware of this but the slipstream gates always perform scans to make sure there aren't any active explosives that could disrupt their functions.” Invisible Kid addressed the team from the pilot's seat of their cruiser. He had never been comfortable being the lead man on any mission but after so long in the Legion it was something he had become accustomed to. But here in this reality, it was different.

In the Legion, he was among the longest-serving members of the group* and was respected. But in the MHS he was a newbie whom most of them saw as someone who either stole their spot on the main squad or competition to prove their worth. To them, he had just waltzed in and was now leading them without earning it. They had no idea of his experience or what role he had to play in ending the Cybernetic Invasion.

Invisible Kid wanted to defer to Saturn Girl or even Umbra both of whom had the teams respect and trust. But that wasn’t an option. He knew he had to work through it.

“I’m thinking because of the size of the ship and our team we should split into teams of two.” Invisible Kid laid out his plan realizing he was repeating the words the Gim Allon aka Levithan of their reality. Levithan had said these same words right before he led them into a mission to face Tangled Web for the first time.* This realization scared him. Invisible Kid didn’t want to potentially lead someone to their death today. He knew that the Kid Quantum of this reality wasn’t present nor was his sister to make an odd turn of the events from their home reality being repeated.

“The teams are as follows. Umbra and Night Girl. Dune and Amber. Quicksand and Gossamer. Density and Slipstream. XS and Saturn Girl. Finally Fireball and myself.” Invisible Kid looked out at the team. They all seemed satisfied with those matchups. He quickly laid out which decks they would all be taking and that Saturn Girl was to have them all in constant telepathic communication with the telepathic earplug network as backup.

It didn’t take long for their cruiser to intercept the freighter ship. A flashing red beacon hovering over it. A giant hole in the side of the ship’s lower decks. The hole showed that the shields had been activated and were holding in the cargo. All of it piled up against the force field. The team quickly made their way to the loading bay using Science Police override commands to open the doors they docked the ship. The team slowly ventured out. The emergency lights casting a dim orange glow over everything.

“Fireball mind helping us out?” Invisible Kid asked trying to see into the shadows.

Fireball’s hands positioned in front of her began to glow along with her tribal tattoos. Small sparks of fire and light began to circle her hands before it created a small ball of light in between them. Then she thrust up her arms releasing the little fireball into the air. It rose higher into the air growing larger casting its light around the loading bay until it was the size of a giant globe.

“This area seems clear. XS…” Before Invisible Kid could finish his sentence XS set off with a whoosh investigating the large cargo bay and the few extra ships they found there.

“This area is clear.” XS said with another swoosh of speed.

“OK, then let’s explore the rest of the ship and to keep your minds and eyes open.” Invisible Kid said before they all left the hanger and went out into the darkened ship.

The team moved cautiously down the main corridor until they reached the jump tubes which were still functioning on reserve power at the end of the corridor. Umbra and Night Girl went first taking the two decks above the hanger while Gossamer and Quicksand took decks 3 and 4. Density and Slipstream took 5 and 6. Decks 7 and 8 were going to be searched by Saturn Girl and XS. Lastly, Invisible Kid and Fireball went to the bridge/command deck. While Amber and Dune agreed to stay with the ship and keep watch through the comlinks and security cameras.

“How’s everyone doing so far?” Cadet Amber asked from inside the MHS’s cruiser. Gliding her hardened amber hands across the holo-console while she worked to tap into the freighter ship's security cameras. But she wasn’t having much luck.

“So far so good on deck 5. All is dark and creepy. But thankfully Slipstream’s tail is lighting the way pretty well.” Density said over the psychic-link.

“You would need the lights on Purple boy.” Umbra teased over the psychic-links enjoying being in the darkness of her two assigned decks.

“Says the woman dating a giant ball of light.” Density quipped back the smile on his face clear from his tone.

“Team, can the chatter please. Only report things your finding.” Saturn Girl chimed in doing her best to sense out into the darkness of her own decks. Her reality’s Tangled Web’s* thoughts were hard to read and she didn’t even see him coming. But her powers were boosted here in this reality most likely due to the residual time/reality fluctuations in reality and she was determined to put them to good use.

*Legion of Super-Heroes vol 4. # 62

Omni #977454 09/29/19 06:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Deck 7

Saturn Girl walked slowly her eyes glowing bright pink in the darkness while XS walked beside her doing her best not to speed off. The two of them having to walk carefully. They each stepped over random debris from all the doors to the rooms being open. Much of the floating furniture had flown out into the corridor before smashing into the walls. Much of it falling to the ground into the sticky webbing that lined much of the walls.

“Thank you for not running off Jenni. We don’t know what we’re dealing with and I don’t want you getting hurt.” Saturn Girl said concentrating trying to avoid XS's feelings of anxiousness that were emitting from her.

“No problem, Saturn Girl.” XS tried her best to sound like she meant it. But she wanted to run and fight whatever was in this darkness before them.

XS also felt slightly uncomfortable around Saturn Girl because she always seemed like she had this familiarity with her that to be honest XS didn’t feel was there. They had barely spent any time together outside of missions or training. At first, she thought it was due to her being a telepath from Titan. But XS had recently been noticing all of the top 10 cadets and their new recruits from this Legion of Travelers would treat her that way. It wasn’t something she disliked per se but it just didn’t feel right without the foundations of a normal relationship.

“But maybe I should try more.” XS thought to herself.

Saturn Girl couldn’t help but hear XS’s thoughts and realized that maybe they all needed to try more and not think of these sentients as the sentients they knew in their home reality but their own individual selves.

“Ekkrrrreeeekkkk”

The loud sound disturbed their thoughts as it echoed around them breaking the stillness of the corridor.

“What was that?” XS’s body came to life with the speed force ready to run into a fight the lightning in her surrounding her body illuminating in the darkness.

Deck 5

Slipstream floated along the corridor. Her shimmering blue-green slipstream tail casting its glow about them. The glasses of Slipstream’s big blue mask hid her eyes from its dazzling effect.

“Ah Slipstream, can you tone down the dazzle and shimmer?” Density asked blocking his eyes.

“Sorry. I can try. It's pretty intense, right? But it gets the job done. By the way, have you noticed all these doors are open? Isn’t that weird? I mean shouldn’t they all be closed with the power down?” Slipstream floated before Density while turning to face him.

“Thank you and you bring up some interesting points. The ship’s systems probably have an old emergency protocol where all doors remain open.” Density poked his head inside the room to his right.

“This is strange…” Density walked in with Slipstream following him in. Her dazzling ponytail illuminating the room.

Omni #977464 09/29/19 08:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Deck 3

Gossamer and Quicksand slowly walked down the blackened corridor. Gossamer's lightning lighting the way. Gossamer’s frail body walked gently while Quicksand’s heavy footsteps fell like anvils ringing out into the distance.

“Wel4d...you might want to walk a little lighter. We might need the element of surprise.”Gossamer noted her own waif-like body barely making a sound as she walked.

“Hmmm oh. Sorry right. I hadn’t thought of that. I’m a little distracted.” Quicksand rubbed his bald head. His one large black eye blinked repeatedly.

“Something else troubling you?” Gossamer asked while looking into a room on her left.

“My mind's been on transferring from active duty. I know I was improved by my people to fight the likes of Mordru but I’ve been wanting a bit more of my old life back.” Quicksand looked into the room on his right finding it empty of anything suspicious. The bed was made and the floating table was crashed on the floor.

“We are clearly in the crew's quarters…” Quicksand told Gossamer leaning back into the dim hallway

“Agreed. But all of the rooms look almost pristine. So wherever the crew went they didn’t come back here before they disappeared. Looks like no one's been here since they woke up.” Gossamer turned and faced Quicksand.

“I wasn’t improved but created to defeat Mordru. But after being in the academy and meeting all of you...” Gossamer paused for a moment letting the lighting in her hands die down slowly bringing them into the darkness before taking Quicksand’s hand in hers.

“So have I.”

The two of them stood in the darkness holding hands. They knew they were on a mission but at that moment it didn’t matter. They were both just happy to find someone who wanted more to this life than fighting what lurks in the shadows.

Deck 2

“I can honestly say this is the strongest I’ve felt in a while and this kind of makes me miss home.” Night Girl gushed a little bit while she and Umbra walked down the halls.

“I share your sense of strength in the darkness Lydda. The shadows can be a very comforting place. Even with monsters lurking.” Umbra’s devilish smile grew peering into the darkness.

“True. So far I haven’t seen anything other than this weird webbing that we keep stepping over.”Night Girl bent down and poked at the webbing.

“It’s hardened...meaning this was probably the first sight of attack. The Engineering control room is a little bit further down on this level.” Night Girl stood her medium-sized beehive hairdo almost touched the top of a beam that had come down near them.

“And there was a battle. That beam is completely broken in half and slagged. This debris here is probably the ceiling that came down. But without the power all the conduits are dead. That over there looks like a main power supply tube.” Umbra squinted and slowly floated up using her flight ring to look at the tubing leading from the Engineering control room.

“Those flight rings are so midnight. I wish I could get one of those.” Night Girl watched Umbra closely as she floated back down to her.

“They are a handy tool. But remember don’t rely on tools or even your powers. But your own inner strength and training.” Umbra enjoyed being a mentor to some of the cadets. But especially Night Girl. She saw a true warriors spirit in her.

“Of course.”

The two of them continued to move cautiously down the blacked-out corridor. The thick webbing getting thicker and more frequent. Large sacks of webbing hung against the walls.

“What…”Night Girl reached out to touch the sacks.

<Shhh. Lydda we’re not alone.> Umbra thought out over the telepathic link the shadows began to circle her hands. She looked on just past a couple of the sacks that hung from the ceiling. Long tendrils of webbing radiated out from them. Thick and still dripping wet.

<You touch those sacks or move and that thing will know we’re here. Those tendrils are fresh and wet. It's going to use the movement of those things to sense us.> Umbra thought out.

<What do we do?> Night Girl asked back doing her best not to move not realizing her hairdo was close to one of the tendrils.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 10/06/2019
Omni #977687 10/06/19 02:30 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Cargo Bay: MHS Cruiser.

“They all seem to be finding open doors and empty rooms. I wonder if I did a heat signature sweep it might tell us where the crew is.” Amber’s hardened orange hands glided across the holo- console.

“hmmrr...yEs.. That is a good idea.” Dune responded. His left side slumping a little bit before the forcefield pelts kicked in.

“Dune, are you alright? You’ve been having more trouble controlling your humanoid form.” Cadet Amber noticed. She was concerned for her mentor and friend.

“I’m se-Mi-func-tion-aALl. But I fearrrR-rr- I M-ay h-AVe to step down. R-Rret-urn-N ho-M-E.” Dune’s confidence was waining in his abilities and their role in the squad.

“I’m sorry to hear that Dune.” Amber put her hand on Dune’s shoulder.

“Were we meant to leave Mot duzt, brothers?” Several of Dune’s sentient sand grains thought out to themselves.

“Dune, I think there’s something wrong. I can’t raise Saturn Girl or XS. The other teams are responding with nothing extraordinary over the auto sensory telepathic information gathering system their telepathic earplugs have been upgraded with.” Amber returned her attention to the console and the holo-screen. She noticed nothing was coming in on one screen that was for XS and Saturn Girl’s telepathic earplug recordings. The telepathic earplugs now capable of recording and sending that information back to the cruiser.

“And Saturn Girl and XS aren’t answering my direct telepathic earplug calls.” Amber looked over at Dune whose hands were doing their best to glide across the holo-console scanning for dampening fields.

“I ttRay look foRr D-amppen-ingGg fiellldD.” Dune choked out.

Bridge:
“How’s it looking o'captain?” Fireball asked. She floated next to him juggling three fireballs.

“Systems are offline and running on backups. Life support is barely functional. But I might be able to reroute some power from the engines.” Invisible Kid tapped away at the dimly lit consol the only one on the entire bridge that was still working.

“I’m sure you can do it. You’re smart. I mean you're smart enough to skip the academy so I’m sure you’ve got this.” Fireball replied snarkily.

“I’m going to say this once. I earned my spot fighting during the Cybernetic Invasion. Also, my skills, as well as my test scores placed me beyond most senior Science police officers. I also have degrees in biology, physics, and chemistry to name a few and that was all by the age of 10. Do we understand each other?” Invisible Kid would normally not put himself out like that and explode but he wasn’t going to be disrespected.

“Understood Sir.” Fireball floated down to the ground and saluted recognizing her place as a Science Police Cadet.

<Lyle!> Saturn Girl screamed into their minds across their telepathic link. Both Invisible Kid and Fireball grabbed their heads.

“<Ahhh! Imra, report!> Invisible Kid thought out tried to reorient themselves.

<We’ve been attacked. A Giant creature crawling along the walls, it knocked out XS and spit some webbing at her. It cocooned her instantly. I barely escaped into the jump tube. Heading to you now.> Saturn Girl jumped onto the bridge and ran towards them. Her uniform torn at the sleeves and across her chest, her symbol of Saturn torn in two. Deep gashes on her arms showed blood running down her arms coating and darkening pink her uniform.

<Imra, steady yourself. Did you see who attacked?> Invisible Kid continued to think across the telepathic link allowing the team to listen in.

<Giant spider...red glowing eyes. One was like a laser and several metallic limbs and it even spoke its name. Tangled Web.> Saturn Girl’s blue eyes widened with fear. She felt Tangled Web's mind moving closer to them and it was filled with nothing but thoughts of hunger.

<Get behind me.> Fireball jumped in front of the two of them her blue jewel-like eyes glowing while fireballs of varying sizes began swirling around her hands. Her tribal tattoos that circled her arms and legs began to glow a bright yellow.

“Tistk...Tistk..stop running food. I want more of a taste.” Tangled Web rasped through the jump tube. Tangled Web's giant head poking out. Two large red eyes stared out at them one glowing brightly as a long metallic spider leg pointed out at them. Tangled Web opened its fangs.

Suddenly Tangled Web began assaulting them with webbing, streams of it flying at them. Fireball created fireball after fireball incinerating each strand of webbing. Saturn Girl did her best to right herself. She tried to attack his mind again only to be sent back with psychic feedback.

“I’m evolved, food. Tisk... tisk…” Tangled Web said in between rounds of webbing when suddenly he stooped and within seconds he blasted through the floor with his laser eye and eight limbs pounding down through the floor.

“What just happened?” Fireball asked looking back at Invisible Kid and Saturn Girl.

“I’m not sure. But he’s headed somewhere.”Invisible Kid said making his way over to the hole to try and peer down into the darkness. Small sparks of electricity and smoke erupting out from the few functional systems.

<Team, be on the lookout. Tangled Web is coming.> Saturn Girl projected out to the team along with an image of the monster they may face.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 10/06/2019
Omni #977705 10/06/19 06:04 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Deck 5

“Do you hear that? Density asked looking around. His body instantly shifting downward in density. His body became squat and his skin darkened to magenta. Density walked into the hall and standing there was Tangled Web after he had crashed through the ceiling. Debris lay all around him.

“Tistk...Tistk...more food.” Tangled Web’s laser eye glowed brightly before it fired out.

Density raised his arm becoming almost invulnerable using his current density to block the blast. He wasn't sure it would work and thankfully Density’s uniform came with two golden gauntlets on his forearms. Both laced with Interon metal making them indestructible. The blast bounced off of them burning the walls of the ship. Slipstream flew in hard and fast at Tangled Web her tail glowing brighter with each thrust forward while the dazzling effect exploded outward in Tangled Web’s face.

“TisksssAhhr...bad food!”Tangled Web slashed wildly and rapidly in front of him with multiple legs. Randomly striking Slipstream multiple times.

“Ahhhhh!” Slipstream called out. Tangled Web’s limbs slashed into both of her legs and her left shoulder before her powers instinctively pushed her away. Her powers began a randomized round of dazzling effects from her tail that blinded Tangled Web. It forced him to block his eyes.

Density quickly jumped up and grabbed Slipstream. Quickly Density ran down the hall with Slipstream over his shoulder her dazzling tail effects dying down as she passed out from blood loss.

<Team, it’s after us and Slipstream’s hurt.> Density thought out.

<We’re making our way to you.> Saturn Girl thought back.

Density looked behind him to see if they were still being chased but when he looked back nothing was there.

“Wh...What? Where’d it go?” Density looked around into the darkness trying to see if he could see anything. But his eyes hadn’t adjusted enough to the dark to make anything out.

Density turned around one more time and still saw nothing.

“FOOOOOOOOOOD!” Tangled Web screamed out. Webbing rained down on Density and Slipstream encasing them in cocoons.

“Let them go!” Fireball screamed sending out a barrage of fireballs in varying sizes at him. Her body tattoos glowing brighter with each round of fireballs. The tattoos on her body looked holographic and raised up from her body. The tattoos circled each of her legs and arms where they were placed.

Tangled Web fired off rounds of webbing all of them bursting into flames. Smoke began to fill the dark corridor obstructing all of their views. Suddenly, Tangled Web charged through the team of three of Saturn Girl, Invisible Kid, and Fireball. Tangled Web knocked them all over running back to the hole he was creating to get to the lower levels. Smoke continued to fill the hall while the webbing along the walls quickly caught fire.

“Gross.” Density shifted his density to phase his body through the cocoon.

“Slipstream, are you ok?” Density ripped open the cocoon next to him checking on Slipstream before quickly grabbing hold of her cocoon and getting closer to his teammates.

“Ugg...we need to get after him.” Fireball began to stand.

“We will.” Saturn Girl assured her as she stood helping Invisible Kid up.

“We need that fire to go out first.” Invisible Kid pulled out his Omnicom and looked at the schematics of the ship and found the foam tubing for the fire retardant.

“Density, can you pull down the ceiling and expose the tubing there and break it open?” Invisible Kid showed Density the schematics.

“You’ve got it.” Density shifted down until his body was squat and deep mauve again. Jumping up with a hard punch it brought down the ceiling. With another jump, he grabbed hold of the tube and pulled it down. His fingers puncturing the tube. Streams of foam flame retardant began to pour out of the tube. Density moved the tube back and forth spreading it over the flames snuffing them out.

The team quickly followed after Tangled Web.

<Gossomer and Quicksand make your way towards engineering. I think that’s where he’s headed. I’m still having trouble opening his mind.> Saturn girl called out her eyes glowing bright pink in the dark. Tangled Web’s mind wasn’t as foreign and alien as the first time she encountered it. But he was still able to keep his mind guarded.

<Umbra and Night Girl be on the watch.> Saturn Girl tried them next. The team flying through the halls and through the holes left by Tangled Web.

<We are Saturn Girl. He’s here!> Night girl called back in between dodging swipes from Tangled Web.

Saturn Girl, Invisible Kid, Fireball, Density with Slipstream over his shoulder rushed through the final hole. There in the blackness was Tangled Web fighting Umbra and Night Girl. Night Girl using her flight belt to fly up and grab hold of two of Tangle Web’s legs while Umbra used her shadows, solidifying them into swords to keep the others busy.

“Help!” Night Girl grunted as she held the two arms her strength at its peak in the shadows.

<Umbra, switch gears. Lydda’s going to need cover in a moment.> Invisible Kid thought as he directed Fireball to begin her assault.

Density tried to wake up Slipstream but he wasn't having much luck. Invisible Kid yelled at him to get into the fight while he came to look after Slipstream.

Umbra threw a solid shadow sigh at Tangled Web’s face hitting him in the eye before coating Night Girl in the thickest shadows she could muster.

“AHHH!” Night Girl screamed out letting go as one of Tangled Web’s free legs slashed at her back sending her flying to the floor. Slicing into her uniform. Her micro cape torn in half. A small amount of blood dripped from the gash.

“That was uncalled for!” Night Girl yelled turning over and punching Tangled Web in the face causing him to spit out a blast of webbing.

Density shifted down until he was intangible missing the stray blast of webbing intended for him.

Tangled Web slashed at Night Girl again who was still surrounded by Umbra’s shadows. While Fireball threw wave after wave of fireballs at his other legs. Fireball hit his head from time to time.

“ARRRRR...tiskkkkk...stop! You will not stop Tangled Web meat!” Tangled Web began firing webbing rapidly around the room.

“AHHH!” Slipstream who had finally come to and was floating in place gather her wits screamed out as webbing blasts hit her and knocked her into the wall where she clung next to XS's cocoon.

Umbra tucked and rolled out of the way of many blasts before finally, she made one last roll in the wrong direction misjudging where the webbing would land. It cocooned her instantly to the floor.

The shadows around Night Girl faded and the light from Fireballs’ fireballs decreasing her strength by 50 percent.

Saturn Girl tried a mental attack hoping to break into his mind one last time. But nothing happened. She just kept hearing a buzz around his mind.

“Sad...Sad meat.” Tangled Web rasped looking at Saturn Girl whose eyes glowed brightly before she fell over and in mind fall Tangled Web shot webbing at her cocooning her.

“Psychic resistersss...tistk…” Tangled Web fired off another round this time hitting Night Girl in mid punch and then Density.

“One meat bag left. Tistk. tistk..” Tangled Web slowly stalked towards Invisible Kid who backed up looking around trying to find an escape route.

“Not today Tangled Web!” Quicksand called from the hole in the ceiling behind Tangled Web. Quicksand liquefied the ceiling above Tangled Web releasing all of the tubes, wires, and debris onto him.

Gossamer shot off round after round of lightning. Trying her best to grow each plus of lightning with more wattage like Spark had taught her to.

“It’s easier to start off slow. Build the charge. Build the charge." Gossamer kept repeating to herself over and over again.

“TIsssssstk! Arhhhgg! Sttttoop!” Tangled Web screamed out from under the rubble.

Every time Tangled Web began to stand or hold on to something Quicksand liquified the ground under him or whatever he was holding making Tangled Web fall down all over again.

Tangled Web struggled to get up when finally pushing with everything he had through the pain of the electricity surging through his synapses. Tangled Web jumped up and clung to the ceiling using his inherent arachnid abilities. Tangled Web fired off webbing only to have it liquefied before it reached its targets.

Tangled Web’s one cybernetic eye glowed brightly before the shipped lurched. A giant hole began to appear in the side hull revealing mechanical arms ripping it open.

“Ahh, What the sprock?!” Invisible Kid called out the ship almost capsizing. Using his flight ring he held himself steady. But Gossamer and Quicksand were not able to do the same and they were flung into each other. The hole in the ship began to cause it to depressurize creating a vacuum. Everything that wasn’t nailed down or cocooned to a wall began flying about.

Tangled Web’s body armor which had been damaged in the fight extended out slowly creating a sphere around his abdomen. Small rockets extended out from the bottom of the sphere and pushed him forward towards the mechanical arms tearing open the side of the ship revealing another ship outside. Tangled Web rocketed out the hole and entered the ship which took off promptly after that.

Invisible Kid’s flight ring kept him stationary and safe as he worked to get the emergency shields up. With a pop, the shields came up and restabilized the pressure of the cabin. Invisible Kid began running around checking on his teammates. Invisible Kid grabbed a piece of the ceiling and cut into Saturn Girl’s cocoon first.

“Gahhhh!” Saturn Girl gasped for air even though her flight ring gave her plenty of air with its air quality function and auto environmental controls.

“Imra, your ok. But Tangled Web got away.” Invisible Kid helped Saturn Girl get to her feet.

“Well, this turned out well.” Saturn Girl cleaned herself off while her eyes glowed pink. She mental checked on all of her teammates and they were all safe but unconscious.

“We saved the ship and the cargo. The crew seems to be here as well and alive from what my flight ring’s life signals say. So, even though he got away. I say its a win and we’ll find Tangled Web again.” Invisible Kid reassured her while he cut loose their fellow teammates.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 10/06/2019
Omni #979020 11/24/19 03:45 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hey Omni, have not been able to read, but happy that you are moving things along in your writing.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 10/06/2019
Omni #979030 11/24/19 03:52 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB.
I hope you get a chance to read and catch up.
If you do, I look forward to what your thoughts will be!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/24/2019
Omni #979032 11/24/19 05:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Xanthu Mission:
Roll Call:
Star Boy. -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.

Uncanny Amazers:
Fizzy - Ruthu Le-Lakor - able to fizzle any inorganic object out of existence.

Star Boy sat inside the Uncanny Amazers communications room along with recruit Ruthu Le-Lakor aka Fizzy. The room was spacious with one giant screen mounted to the back wall. Its thick black body casing causing the screen to stick out from the wall making the screen itself looked curved instead of flat. Several smaller screens with a similar black body casing and thickness littered the sides of the giant screen. While several smaller screens rested on top of the main console. Five seats floated in front of the console. The first chair placed in the center of the console, designating it as the command seat for the room. Star Boy sat in this chair while Recruit Fizzy sat in the second command seat next to him.

“Thank you for helping me send a message Fizzy. These controls are a bit... temperamental.” Star Boy looked at the controls after trying to send a message for the last 20 minutes.

“No a‘spehere. I’ve got lots of practice running these consoles. Prefect Zandoz said we’re upgrading next month. But... he said that about six months ago as well.” Fizzy shrugged. Her bob of blonde hair bouncing a bit. Fizzy’s slender fingers tapped away at the hard button console. Pushing hard on some while others she barely tapped.

“Sounds like somethings never change in the far reaches of the galaxy.” Star Boy said realizing it applied to not only here but his home reality as well.

“Ha. Nope. You die and return from the dead and it is all the same.” Fizzy giggled poking fun at what she had learned about Star Boy since his arrival on Xanthu.

“Ha. true.” Star Boy smiled.

The large center monitor before them lit up, its gentle glow casting across their faces. Its image was hazy while a medium-sized blue and white circle swirled around in place.

“It’s loading! That’s good.” Fizzy said leaning back in her hoverchair.

Captain Allon’s image began to appear on the screen. It slowly cleared up revealing his wide smile. Star Boy instantly stood.

“Star Boy! It’s good to hearrrr. From yooou.” Captain Allon’s signal fluctuated in and out.

“Thank you, Captain. Listen I have to report something that’s been going on here on Xanthu.”

“What’s going onn? Is evverything Ok? Annyone hurt?” Captain Allon’s body shifted readily to rally the troops.

“Everyone is alright. We found out that the Xanthuian government is experimenting on sentients to create more meta-humans.” Star Boy heard himself say it out loud and it mystified him still.

“Really?” Captain Allon couldn’t believe what he was hearing. On so many worlds the Meta-human populations were being tormented by non-Meta-Humans and here on the rim of the galaxy, they are trying to create more.

“Yes, Captain. The young man volunteered. But with all the changes in the laws, I want to make sure this is all on the up and up.” Star Boy continued to stand looking up at Captain Allon's image. Star Boy hoped Captain Allon was impressed and saw how dedicated he is.

Captain Allon sat before them his confused expression frozen on the screen.

“Captain?” Star Boy leaned forward tapping at the console and looking at Fizzy who began to do the same.

“What just happened?” Star Boy asked.

“We lost the signal. There seems to be a solar storm crossing our satellite's path. It should end in a few hours.” Fizzy gave a warm smile trying to be sympathetic.

“I guess I’ll try then. Thanks for your help.” Star Boy’s shoulders slumped a little. He walked out and into the hall.

Fizzy smiled and waved goodbye before returning her gaze to the monitors and moved into the seat Star Boy had been in.

Omni #979038 11/24/19 08:10 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Four hours Later:

Star Boy walked into the communications center hopeful that the solar storm had ended and he could finish briefing Captain Allon. The room looked empty at first until he walked in closer and saw Konk’s body in the first command chair.

“Hey, Konk, where you floating around at?” Star Boy slowly turned around in a circle entering the room.

“Hello, Thom.” Konk’s sphere flew into the room from the side office her force field holding a cup of Xanthuian hot chocolate known as Cocua.

“Hot Cocua? I haven’t had that in years. It smells…”

“Like home.” Konk smiled her sphere resting over her body. Her slender hands gently took hold of the cup the force field lowering. Then her sphere slowly retracted into a small clear ball floating in between her body and her head. It acting almost like a neck.

“Exactly. Listen, is the solar storm over? I’ve got to contact my Captain.” Star Boy asked taking the seat next to Konk.

“Yeah ended about 20 minutes ago.” Konk placed her Cocua on the floating table next to her chair and began tapping away at the old hard console buttons.

The screen slowly spun to life the small loading dial returning. Star Boy watched impatiently as it swirled around and around waiting for it to connect.

“The signal doesn’t seem to be strong enough after the storm. There must be some residual radiation.” Konk continued to tap away at the buttons getting readings from the satellites trying to gather radiation levels.

Suddenly the giant screen popped to life with Captain Allon looking at them.

“Ssttar Boyy, glad you got back to meeee. I wass intrigued by your information from eeearlier. I’m going to seeend a team out to you from the division. But wanted to hear from you first.” Captain Allon continued to smile at them the screen had squiggling lines running across it. His face was practically placid with very little signs of real concern showing on his face.

“Thank you, Captain. That’s exactly what I was going to request. I think the team should include our own medics, psychics, therapist, and a law expert just in case.” Star Boy smiled at Konk. Who simply sipped her Cocua shaking her head knowing Prefect Zandoz is going to have a field day with this.

“Of course. I’ll have a team put together. But in the meantime, you all should stay on Xanthu a bit longer. Possibly until the team arrives to make sure everything is OK.” Captain Allon’s image froze for a moment with an odd angle his smile looking forced.

“Yes Sir Captain. I’ll let the team know. ” Star Boy said the screen unfreezing.

“Good. I’ll be in touch soon.” Captain Allon’s words pushed out stiffly before the screen cut out.

“That was odd. Captain Allon didn’t sound like himself…” Star Boy thought to himself.

“Thank you Konk. Have a good shift.” Star Boy walked out of the communications center after Konk nodded and gave a wave goodbye.

<Nura and Jazmin can you meet me on the roof?> Star Boy tapped into his Legion issued telepathic earplug switching the channel from the MHS line.

<I’m already up here Thom.> Dreamer replied simply.

<Of course you are.> Star Boy smiled to himself as he replied.

<Sure Thom. Be there in a moment.> Kid Quantum II responded from her quarters.

Last edited by Omni; 11/24/19 08:11 PM.

Omni #979039 11/24/19 08:12 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Star Boy entered into the jump tube next to the communications room and took it all the way up to the roof. The moon was beginning to rise high into the sky joining the already present stars. Star Boy looked out and saw Dreamer floating near the edge. The last glimmers of sunlight illuminating her platinum blonde hair.

“She looks so peaceful.” Star Boy thought to himself. He smiled for a moment before he needed to break her bliss and that smiled faded.

“Thom you shouldn’t look so serious all of the time. Even I know you need to smile once in a while.” Dreamer turned and smiled her trillion watt smile at him forcing him to smile.

Star Boy began floating next to her taking a lotus position next to her.

“So you know what this is about?” Star Boy stared out into the starlit sky.

“I’ve had some vague visions about our time here. But I know it is been extended.” Dreamer continued to stare forward.

Kid Quantum II slowly exited the jump tube joining the two lovers.

“I’m not interrupting am I?” Kid Quantum II floated up taking the same position as the other two.

“Not at all Jazmin. We were just starting. I was just asking if Dreamer had a vision of what I’m about to talk about.” Star Boy said.

“And” Kid Quantum II asked.

“They were vague.” Dreamer replied. She tried to remain calm despite her powers still not at their optimal.

<Alright. So Captain and I just talked and he’s said were to stay here until an investigation team can come to make sure everything is alright with the Russen kid and that their “making of" meta-humans is legal. Something else I never thought we’d have to deal with.> Star Boy thought to them switching to their telepathicLegion earplug communication channel in case anyone was listening in.

<When the pendulum swings Thom it swings. With the laws changed it makes sense that some worlds will embrace Meta-humans more and Xanthu has always been a bit of a haven for that according to the Science Police planetary profiles.> Dreamer replied.

<Good point.> Star Boy replied. Even though he tried to look out at the stars peacefully a small scowl crossed his face.

<Something else else bothering you my love?> Dreamer asked.

<Yeah, when I was talking to Captain Allon he didn’t sound like himself. He seemed off. I can’t describe it.> Star Boy continued.

<Could he have been distracted?> Kid Quantum II asked.

<I don’t think so. He was facing the screen head-on.> Star boy thought back.

<What do you think it could be?> Dreamer asked.

<I’m not sure. But I’m going to try and contact him again.>

<Remeber when Jazmin was inducted into the Legion?> Dreamer changed the topic bringing them to what comes next while keeping her gaze firmly fixed on the rising moon.

<Of course.> The two of them replied in unison.

<Some of those events may be repeating themselves.> Dreamer said choosing her words carefully.

<Which ones? The main one that comes to mind is almost being blown up.*> Kid Quantum II thought back staring at Star Boy and Dreamer.

<That’s the one. Both of you along with Monstress will be caught in that explosion again. I saw that much. But there wasn’t much else.> Dreamer informed them.

Star Boy and Kid Quantum II sat there for a moment thinking about this. They all knew they would be repeating moments from their history. But it didn't make it any easier to accept when those moments were some of the most terrifying and life-threatening moments they've ever had.

<If we’re to relive that...then that means we may be on the verge of meeting this realities version of the Dark Circle**.> Kid Quantum II’s amber eyes widened a little bit.

<That also means we may be running into the Time Trapper sooner than we thought.> Dreamer pointed out confused as she hadn’t seen anything of the Time Trapper in her visions or had been pulled away for any conversations with the hooded bandit of time. But those two events in the Legion’s history were interconnected. It's hard not to come to the conclusion that they would be here too.

The three of them stared off into the stars thinking about this revelation. All three unsure of what this could mean and how it would all play out.

*Legion v.4 #102
** Legionnaires #62 -65 and Legion v.4 #106-108

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/15/2019
Omni #979566 12/15/19 01:45 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Brall:

The morning sun shone brightly through the clouds while small flakes of iron heavy snowflakes wafted through the air. Each one landed gracefully on the ground while the local children used their magnetic powers to swirl the snowflakes about creating small snow metal sculptures. Others threw snowballs guiding them with their abilities to hit their targets. The Magno Ball stadium looked quiet from the outside with its gleaming white walls slowly being covered in the purple-hued snow. Meanwhile, inside the stadium, the media and various Magno Ball players and their managers waited for an announcement from the CEO of the Magno Ball Cooperation.

"Hello, sentients from across the galaxy! My Name is Dryll Diamull aka D.D. former Magno Ball Champion and CEO of the Magno Ball Cooperation. Today I announce open tryouts for the first time in 20 years for the next season of Magno Ball. Sadly, after the cybernetic Invasion, we lost many players throughout the League. But, I don't want to dwell on the past but look forward to the future and find the best players we can find. The open tryout will be helped on Brall in one week. Plenty of time for any sentient to make their way here, to Brall and the Diamull Magno Ball Stadium.

I'd like all applicants to remember we do not accept those whose control of magnetic forces is not innate. The dangers of a player's gear shorting out during a game could be deadly as some times when players are flying up high to reach a ball. The crash back down could break several bones if not cause worse injuries and we all want our athletes to be safe and healthy. I look forward to seeing all of you there.” D.D. spoke confidently into the hover cameras that broadcast his message across the galaxy. His gray eyes sparkling in the light from the holo-cameras.

D.D. stood on a small hover stage with a built-in podium before various local reporters and a few interplanetary sports media reporters. They all began shouting out questions to D.D. who began fielding them graciously.

Towards the back of the room near the exit stood many of the players and their managers. All of whom hadn’t been affected by nannite corruption. Rokk Krinn aka Cosmic Boy and his manager Alex Cuspin stood slightly apart from the rest of the group. Cupsin liked to keep his star player away from the others to keep an air of mystery about Rokk until he was on the court.

“You’ve got nothing on these guys champ. You're going to dominate this season.” Cuspin patted Rokk on the back.

“Thanks, Cuspin.” Rokk smiled and nodded. It was hard for him to be back with Cuspin in this reality knowing what his own reality's Cuspin had done to him and his family by gambling away all his winnings* and bankrupting them. This Cuspin may work him hard, harder than he works himself but he’s seemingly a much better man.

“I keep looking and waiting for you to make a mistake Cuspin. But so far you're good. I hope that’s one aspect of my life that doesn’t need to be repeated considering the better person he seems to be.” Rokk thought to himself.

“We’ve worked hard and you were lucky with that prototype bracelet you got on your travels to not get infected and sprocked like some of these other poor kids.” Cuspin looked down rubbing the back of his neck.

“Yeah, I know. I did get very lucky. But I’m looking forward to competing again.” Rokk's blue eyes stayed on D.D. while he answered Cuspin.

“Will any of the current leaguers be involved in the scrimmages? A reported called out.

“No, but I’ve been told some will be there to watch and encourage the participants of the open tryout”. D.D.answered with a large smile looking back at all the players and Rokk Krinn especially.

Rokk looked back and smiled with and a nod.

*Revealed In Legionnaires #0

Last edited by Omni; 12/15/19 05:01 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/15/2019
Omni #979568 12/15/19 05:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Xanthu: Uncanny Amazer's Headquarters: Prefect Zandoz office:

Prefect Zandoz sat at his floating desk sipping on his secret stash of Craggiate Dark Roast Triple Black, an export that doesn't reach Xanthu often. The lights in his office were set to dim as he tried to relax after the stressful few days he had.

"Finally a moments rest. That petulant Star Boy and his perchance for following the rules. What happened to the goofball I used to have to supervise?" Prefect Zandoz thought to himself as he sipped.

"It was a pure stroke of luck that I got that image inducer when I did and used it to impersonate Captain Allon. If I hadn't we would have that infernal Meta-Humans Division breathing down my neck about our new young hero before I had a chance to show him off and gain the recognition I and Xanthu deserve." Prefect Zandoz tapped away at his holo-screen calling up images of young Mark Russen's meltdown at the lab from earlier.

"Beep! Beep!" Prefect Zandoz's computer began to sound disturbing him from his thoughts of victory.

"Hmmm, what's this? A holo-call?" Prefect Zandoz's sat up readying himself in hopes that he hadn't been caught in his ruse or that it was the real Captain Allon trying to make contact.

"Prefect Zandoz. It's good to see you." Gulp'Da's mechanical voice squeaked out.

"Gulp'Da, what do I owe the pleasure? Are you looking for Prefect Davido? He should be on Earth if you need to speak with him." Prefect Zandoz smiled hoping to hurry this conversation along to get back to his peace and quiet.

"No, I've already had my weekly meeting with Prefect Davido to discuss our shipments of Kel'pas. I'm sure he's told you that our orders have gone up on several worlds. But don't worry we've made sure Xanthu is more than taken care of. I'm actually contacting you about another matter."

"Oh?" Prefect Zandoz leaned forward and tapped a yellow button on his desks console activating a secure channel to his office.

"Yes, I've been in touch with a good friend of mine and I'd like you to make his acquaintance."

"Gulp'Da, our scientists have succeeded in recreating the A-X project and I won't require your friend's assistance after all." Prefect Zandoz was slightly happy at not having to take the deal. He liked that Xanthu could do something on its own allowing them to boost their profile.

"I'm glad to hear your scientific woes have been resolved. But I believe I have an opportunity that could still interest you and because of that, I would like to introduce you to Captain Takk of the Khudian Empire and Master Dominator of the Dominion both of whom I think could be a great help to your endevors to boost Xanthu's profile." Rep. Glup'Da's voice range into Prefect Zandoz's ears as two more holo-screens popped up showing the two individuals Rep. Gulp'Da had mentioned.

"Prefect Zandoz, it's nice to meet you. I've heard much about the work you're world has been doing and look forward to helping you progress."

"Thank you, Captain Takk, but I assure you Gulp'Da is mistaken. The issues we were having have been fixed."

"Then why are we hhaving thissss communication with thisss...politiciannn? The Dominion will not waste its time." Master Dominator's image blurred in and out a little bit as spittle from his rows of teeth hit the floating camera. But his voice was dripping with disdain.

"Because I believe we can help each other." Rep. Gulp'Da responded.

"As do I. Prefect Zandoz, we are such close neighbors out in these far reaches of space and if you needed any aid we would be more than happy to help."

"And what would you want in return?" Prefect Zandoz knew that to make a deal with any of these sentients was to make a deal with the devil.

"Meta-Hhumanssss." Master Dominator rasped out.

"I'm sorry what?" Prefect Zandoz didn't know what they wanted with their meta-Humans but after they had spent so long to create a new powerhouse that he wasn't going to part with any.

"What my colleague means to say is we want to help you create more using the Dominion's extensive metagene database and in exchange, we take a few that maybe aren't up to the standards of the New Uncanny Amazers." Captain Takk interrupted playing on Prefect Zandoz's pride.

"You'd give us the most powerful?" Prefect Zandoz's eyebrow raised slightly.

"Yes." Captain Takk's voice was deep and oddly soothing while his eyes glowed with the excitement of winning this "battle of wits".

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/22/2019
Omni #979773 12/22/19 04:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Star Sector 247-A.
Roll Call:

Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen – telepathy, mind control, reading and communication. Of Titan U247
XS -Jenni Ognats of Aarok – travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.

“Captain, your ship, its crew, and cargo are now safe. We’ll stay with you until you can get up and running. We will help in any way we can.” Invisible Kid shook hands with Captain Duggy of the cargo ship. Who smiled and thanked Invisible Kid for their help.

Invisible Kid made his way over to his team while they sat at the docking bay to their cruiser awaiting instruction.

“What’s the word, Lyle?” Umbra asked leaning back against the cruiser.

“We’re going to stay and help them get back up and running. Between all of us, we should be able to have their ship repaired in no time. The Captain’s not going to begin any work for at least another hour. So Take some time and relax. We’ve got full access to the gally. So if anyone’s hungry better eat up. “Invisible Kid smiled out to the group before walking into the cruiser and sitting in a chair with his Omnicom in hand.

“Think they’ve got a spare 3-D chess set? Density asked looking at Umbra.

“If they do, you’re on purple boy.” Umbra smiled at him. Both of them walking off towards the jump tubes.

Fireball, Gossamer, Quicksand, Amber, Night Girl, and Dune all made their way to the gally. While XS sat slumped on a crate. Her feet barely touching the ground. She gently kicked them back and forth hitting the crate.

“XS...Jenni are you alright?” Saturn Girl approached XS slowly.

“Hmm. Oh yeah. I’m fine. Just.. disappointed in my performance today. I rushed in without thinking.” XS scolded herself.

“Jenni, you did fine. You run into action. It’s what you do as a speedster. Something else fired on us and you ran to protect us. I know how you feel though and not just because I’m a telepath. I felt useless against Tangled Web. His mid was hard to grasp even before he activated that psychic resister. I don’t know why. Whether it is his species innate ability or what. I hate not being able to have detected him sooner or beat him. But I know I did my best and that I tried. You should realize that too.” Saturn girl did her best to reassure XS to make her feel better.

“Thanks, Saturn Girl...I mean Imra. I’ll work on not trying to be so hard on myself. But I will work harder on my recon skills for sure.” XS looked up and smiled at Saturn Girl with her brown and yellow eyes beaming.

“Good. Now that we’re both done feeling sorry for ourselves. Would you like to join me for some food?” Saturn Girl doing her best to make the effort to get to know this Jenni and not accept her as the exact replacement for her reality’s XS.

“Sure. I’m starving!.” XS hopped off the crate and followed Saturn Girl to the jump tubes the two of them chatting away.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/22/2019
Omni #979774 12/22/19 04:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Apokolips:

The darkened burnt-out city of no name stood silent for mere moments before it began to rumble to life with the roar of running footsteps made by the giant feet of Titania. Her steps strong and heavy crushing everything in their path sending shock waves radiating out bringing down whatever she hadn't crushed. Many of farther out charred buildings toppling over.

“Come out, come out, where ever you are!” Titania's voice boomed through the city like a loudspeaker. Slowly, she shrank down to her normal height of 6’5” and stalked through the broken and empty town. Instead of her normally blue eyes searching the horizon for her prey they glowed red. Small pulsating black circles of light circled around the edges of her eyes.

Timber Wolf and Grimbor hid behind a half-broken and crumbling wall. Both of them doing their best to quiet their breathing and not move.

“Grimbor, you're only delaying the inevitable. Darkside is and will always be the master of the universe. Give in and become his servant or is your ego too big for that Grimbor?” Titania punched a wall. She grew 20 feet tall in an instant before taking off running towards the sounds of something moving in the distance.

“That was close. Good thing I had you plant those remote speakers days ago.” Grimbor congratulated himself.

“Grr...Grimbor, this isn’t going to work much longer. We can only outrun her and the others for so long. They’ve all been sprocked with even more than what you’ve done to us thanks to that Dassad guy and the only reason we're not like them is because I had enough sense to get us out of there before they could trap us.” Timber Wolf's eyes darted back and forth while he scolded Grimbor.

“Yes, you’re skeptical nature did serve us well. Who would have guessed that Dassad fellow would use food to lure us into a false sense of security? Rather effective although not that inventive.” Grimbor scoffed seeming unphased by their predicament.

Timber Wolf sat looking at Grimbor wishing he could beat the sprock out of him.

"Darkside is...Darkside is..." Timber Wolf thought over and over again. He couldn’t get the feeling of dread to leave him as the name Darkside rang through his mind.

"My life before Grimbor was hazy but that name. Why can't I stop feeling like I know that name?" Timber Wolf thought to himself before his sharp gaze landed on Grimbor who had readied himself to move again.

“What are you looking at? Let’s get moving.” Grimbor commanded both of them running out from behind their breaking wall and on to the next. Each time hiding and peeking around corners and hoping that Titania or any of the others weren’t close by.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/5/2020
Omni #980439 01/05/20 07:54 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Xanthu:
Uncanny Amazers Communications Room:

Roll Call:
Star Boy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
Phrenologax Lad - Greg Kldar - a resident psychiatrist who uses his head touching power to see into the minds of others. Masters in facial expression, psychology, neurology, and sociology.

Star Boy tried to sneak out of his room as quietly as he could. Nura was asleep for the first time in days since their arrival and he didn’t want to disturb her. Thom succeeded in leaving Nura to continue to dream. Star Boy strode into the Communications room of the Uncanny Amazers’ headquarters. It was early in the morning on Xanthu but Earth was sometime around dinner time. Thom knew Captain Allon would be possibly working out with Vi as he had worked out with them a few times since joining the academy. He hoped he wasn't interrupting. Thom entered the room quietly while The Breakdown sat with his feet up on the hard button console.

“EHHH Thom! Want a Kono juice?” The Breakdown stood up and made a shot with his empty juice pouch into the floating trash can.

“No thanks, Alden. Just here to make a call. Are the long-range communications up and running?” Star Boy asked.

“Sadly, there’s a solar storm that's supposed to last for the next few hours. Nothing’s been going through all morning.” The Breakdown sat back down and placed his feet back up on the console.

“OK. I’ll try again later. Thanks, Alden.” Star Boy walked out of the Communications room disappointed but it wasn’t unusual for a solar storm to cut off communications. But he couldn’t shake the feeling that something was wrong and Nura’s impending vision of that explosion wasn’t making things any easier not to feel that way.

“Ahh, Star Boy just the teammate I wanted to see.” Phernolangx Lad approached Star Boy gingerly. His white semi-armored bodysuit uniform slightly torn in a couple spots.

“What happened to you?” Star Boy asked.

“I was interrogating a suspect and well... he got a little out of hand when the power dampening cuffs brokedown. Which is why I need you. I could use your help holding him in place. I’d ask Kid Quantum but she’s visiting with her brother.” Phernolangx Lad gave a simple smile his eyes analyzing Star Boy’s facial moments.

“Why not use the dampening room on the brig level?” Star Boy asked not sure he wanted to devote time to this when he could be working on the mystery. What that mystery was, he wasn’t sure. But there was a mystery and he was determined to solve it.

“It's currently in use. Halt Walt was brought in a few days ago and the Science Police asked us to keep him until he could be transferred to Takron-Xan our newly built Meta-Human prison. Once the laws changed the Prefect’s thought it would be best to be prepared for those individuals who we can no longer turn their powers off.” Phernolangx Lad informed him.

“He’s hesitant. He feels he has something more important to do. The stress lines at his eyes along with the side roll of his eyes indicate he’s weighing out the options.” Phernolangx Lad thought to himself scanning Star Boy using his power of super psychiatry coupled with his understanding of bodily movements and facial expression indication.

“Sure. Don’t want you getting hurt. Besides a relatively low key mission could be good. Who am I restraining?” Star Boy asked walking back towards the interrogation room within the brig on the second sublevel.

“As you know Star Boy, the rim worlds within the United Planets feel somewhat... disrespected by the rest of the United Planets and treated as “backwater” worlds. Xanthu is one such a world. Our technology isn’t as advanced. We don’t receive the tourism from off worlders much. Now with the laws changing around Meta-Humans, we're no longer a haven for them, who does its best not only to tolerate the Meta-Human's presence but embrace it. Many worlds are changing their stance to be more inclusive from what I’ve heard from the few newer galaxy feeds I've been able to see. Which, I’ll admit is another issue of the rim worlds. We receive information later than others especially with the Solar storms we get. But I digress.

The sentient I’m interrogating is sadly one of those who has become disproving of the United Planets and has begun a separatist movement urging Xanthu to leave the United Planets. He started out peacefully but lately, he’s become much more... extreme. He’s started a few riots here and there, but earlier today he called in a bomb threat to the United Planets embassy. Konk and a couple recruits are helping the Science Police bomb squad search the embassy.” Phernolangx Lad and Star Boy entered into the jump tube while he explained.

“They haven’t found it yet?” Star Boy interrupted knowing his powers could be better suited to finding the bomb using its center of gravity to detect it.

“They are close. The building and the surrounding three blocks have been evacuated. Trust me you’ll be needed for this particular sentient.” Phernolagnx Lad said with a slight smirk entering into the brig sub-level.

The two walked down to the third door on the right. Phernolangx Lad and Star Boy stopped in front of the door. Phernolangnx Lad tapped at the doors entry pad. The door shimmered and in an instant it was transparent. On the other side of the door sitting on the floor sat Vern Griswull, a hulking behemoth breathing hard. Dents littered the walls and floor.

“Star Boy, meet Vern Griswull aka The Xanthunian.”

Star Boy looked into the room at the heaving muscular man with long blond hair that fell into his blue eyes. His hands were the size of Star Boy’s head and his knuckles were slightly bleeding. The Xanthunian stared at the two of them, smirking before he revealed his sharp white teeth.

“How did you survive around with him before you got me?” Star Boy asked with a small gulp looking back at Griswull who began to stand up. Griswull standing at 7 feet tall. He began to crack his large knuckles getting ready for another fight.

“I’m a much better fighter than you give me credit for. I was able to land a few punches before he threw me against the wall. I also know pressure points and even though he’s a behemoth of a man he still has the same ones as any humanoid sentient on Xanthu.” Phernolangx Lad said unphased by Star Boy’s judgments of his obvious lack of physical prowess. It wasn’t the first nor would it be the last.

“Now, if you would please.” Phernolangx Lad gestured towards Griswull.

Star Boy left his hand by his side as he formed a fist. A soft purple glow surrounded his fist and then it began surrounding Vern Griswull.

“Huh?” Vern Griswull looked at his body as the glow surrounded him before he suddenly dropped to his knees.

“That should keep him steady for a while.” Star Boy said.

Phernolangx Lad walked into the room first now that Griswull was busy trying to hold himself up underneath the weight of an astroid.

“Whaat arre you doing to me?” Vern Griswull grunted out underneath the pressure.

“Just keeping you in place. Long enough for me to read you.” Phernolangx Lad walked around Vern Griswull’s tense body while a floating camera followed him.

“Phernolangx Lad’s interrogation log. Subject Vern Griswull aka the Xanthuian. Leader of the Xanthu...Actually, what is your group's name? We’ve never gotten a clear one from you or any of your fellow rioters.” Phernolangx Lad knelt down in front of Vern Griswull and placed his hands on the muscular man's head.

“Hmmm...so much hair. That can be a bit harder to work through. It makes it harder to feel the bumps and fractures of his head. Hmm... now if I put a little pressure here near the back of the left ear I should be able to feel a soft spot. That soft spot should release a few natural endorphins into his system that will make him slightly docile.” Phernolangx Lad smiled evenly seeing Vern Griswull’s eyes dilate and relax.

“Now, the area just behind his right ear is slightly engorged. It bulges just enough to indicate that his destructive tendencies are surging. They almost feel like they are pulsing with his anger. But the endorphins I released are keeping that bit of him on the subdued side. They must be throbbing from having to keep himself up from being flattened to the floor. He doesn’t like you.” Phernolangx Lad looked to Star Boy who was leaning against one of the dented walls following Vern Griswull’s gaze. Sweat began to pour down Griswull’s face while he steadied himself.

“Vern, I know you are angry. I can feel your destructive areas throbbing. You want to harm people. But why?” Phernolangx Lad asked slowly moving his hands up towards the top of Vern Griswull’s cranium.

Phernolangx Lad’s hands searched every part of Vern’s head. Moving his fingers over gently while applying pressure to some of the bumps and spots.

“So, you just going to ask questions and not get any answers?”

“I will get the answers. But it takes time. His head has a lot of scars, bumps, and ...hair.” Phernolangx Lad began pulling his hands out of Vern Griswull’s hair. His hands getting tangled and creating a few knots in Vern’s hair as he removed them.

“Now as I sated his destructive areas are throbbing. That means those impulses are strong.” Phernolangx Lad continued recording his observations.

“That’s something we already know. He planted bombs.” Star Boy hadn’t remembered his reality’s Phernolangx Lad being this annoyingly obvious.

“Yes. But that says certain things about him, Thom.”

“Like?” Star Boy tried to hurry this along.

“Like, that he would want the most destruction possible. Konk, you're looking for multiple bombs, not just one. You should also prep force fields for an intense blast.” Phernolangx Lad bent down and looked at Vern Griswull’s hair before readying himself to start touching his head again.

“From his file, he was non-violent up until about six months ago. Just before the invasion. Post invasion he remained registered and his bracelet has reported weather he’s used his powers or not. The first active use was at a rally for a new separatist movement. None of his normal band of followers were with him and once the dust settled only him and three others were brought in. It was like they vanished into thin air during the scrimmage. He was released hours later on bail funded by this new organization and its lawyers that we've never heard of before. Weeks later the same scenario. Only that time he escaped. The next few times he either escaped or was booked by the local Science Police. That is until this morning when his call was traced after he called in the bomb threat. Why would you allow your self to be traced? Why would you even call it in now? He’s always been a protester and rioter. Never a planner on this level.” Phernolangx Lad tapped his chin while he talked.

Phernolangx Lad worked his hands into Vern Griswull’s hair and down towards the right ear where he felt for the throbbing destructive pulses again. Slowly massaging up and to the back left of his skull. A slight indent suggesting a scar. Just a bit farther back he felt three small bumps.

“Ahh someone has secrets. See, when the scalp has these small bumps in this spot of the head it suggests secretiveness. They wouldn’t be there if he didn’t have something to hide because below that is the part of the brain that guards secrets. But his eyes and the attempts at smiling through his gritted teeth suggest that his confidence is rather high at the moment. See at the crown of his head there’s a sport for self-esteem. That spot is rather warm indicating a lot of his mind's synaptic currents are running along this path. It seems to be directed at that spot. He thinks he’s succeeded.” Phernolangx Lad spoke out into the floating camera.

“Star Boy, can you please pull up the signs from the riots and look for any words or symbols that repeat themselves. Might be a name in there.” Phernolangx Lad asked not taking his gaze from Vern's skull.

Star Boy scanned through looking at the signs. Many of them holo signs that were hard to make out from the footage. But something looking like a circle with a triangle in it repeated several times.

“There’s a circle with a triangle in it.” Star Boy said looking back he saw Phernoglanx Lad, who was staring into the eyes of Vern Griswull.

“He didn’t like when you noticed that. His eyes dilated with a little bit of fear. He doesn’t want us knowing who backing him. That’s why he’s so brazen. He’s being a martyr for them. Showing them his devotion to the cause.” Phernolangx Lad smiled as he watched the eyes and slight facial movements Vern Grisllus was able to make under Star Boy’s power. Along with touching the crown of his head.

Vern’s teeth gritted harder the more Phernolangx Lad talked but he was no coward and neither was those backing him and he was going to tell them who they were dealing with.

“Ssepearet forrevverr! You’llll nevverrrrrrr beat the Whi..rgkkkk…” before Vern Griswull could finish speaking his eyes began to roll up in the back of his head and his body began to convulse.

Star Boy dropped his gravitational hold on Vern Griswull who dropped to the ground. His body convulsing harder and harder until finally, he was dead. Foam oozed out of his mouth.

“Phernolangx Lad, We found all of the bombs and have deactivated them. Keep him for questioning before turning him over though. The bombs were of a higher grade than someone like him should be able to get his hands on.” Konk’s voice broke the silence of the interrogation room as Star Boy and Phernolangx lad knelt over him.

“Sorry Konk, but we won’t be able to get anything out of him. Whoever is backing him isn’t willing to let their secrets out just yet.” Phernolangx Lad reported back before going to the wall console to dial for a medical team.

“What do you think he was about to say?” Star Boy asked.

“Unsure. But it might have started with a “W” if that wasn’t just him starting his convulsions and I had just finally goaded him into talking.” Phernolangx Lad said as he began to ponder what Vern Griswull was about to say.

“Wait so he wasn’t angry or scared about us knowing the name of his backers?” Star Boy was confused by Phernolangx Lad, who said Vern didn’t want him to know but it seemed like Vern was going to tell them.

“No, he was never worried. I was trying to rile him up without having to get violent or indignant. I hate resorting to the “tough love” or “bad cop” approach. Guy’s like Vern Griswull, however, they want that from you. They want your anger. Its a distraction from getting to what they are about. They keep you angry you don’t ask the right questions. But something tells me they aren’t ready to be known yet.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/05/2020
Omni #980440 01/05/20 08:22 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Two Blocks away:

“Why did you do that?” The young woman known as Inferno asked standing in a long brown trench coat while a glowing purple energy shield hovered over them. Its energy protecting both of them from the pouring rain.

“I wasn’t ready for them to know what’s coming. I want to tease them with these little fringe groups before they know us and fear us.” Roxxas responded sitting next to her on the bench. He wore a long green trench coat with its collar pulled up.

“We’ll then where to next?” Inferno asked snapping her fingers before he could answer and in a flash of blinding purple light, they were gone.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/05/2020
Omni #984354 04/06/20 05:10 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hello to all of you who read this thread.

I hope this message finds you all well and that you are all safe and healthy. So Its been a while since I've posted but it feels like its been even longer since I've heard from my regular readers (Raz, Harbinger, and IB) along with the few others who've chimed in from time to time but I've noticed that my views have been steadily increasing but with no new comments. So I'm just curious if these are new readers who are trying to catch up or those who are just checking in to see if I've posted anything new.

So if new reader(s) are reading and trying to catch up, I won't post anything new as long as anyone lets me know that they are trying to catch up. I hope to hear from you, my readers!.

Also thank you so much for those who have been reading and commenting over the years. This thread is almost TEN YEARS OLD! I can't believe it and how this story has grown from a simple what if to an ever expanding universe. Again, thank you all so much and I hope you all look forward to what I have coming!

Long Live the Legion!

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/05/2020
Omni #984382 04/07/20 03:32 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for checking in, Omni. Sadly, I have not had that much free time - my workload has not decreased, and I've been busy settling into my new home and getting to know my new boyfriend. Still playing catch-up - though I expect I will be able to during all of this physical distancing smile please don't slow down your writing because of me! (Although I'm definitely a regular, indeed, and not a new one smile )

Wow, 10 years! imagine that... that's quite a large chunk of your life! kudos for creating something so long-running.

That's about the same length of time the Reboot existed smile

Glad you're safe and still writing !

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Recap 9/27/2020
Omni #992835 09/28/20 08:18 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi All,

I hope this message finds you all well, safe, and healthy. I hadn't been able to update. I have been without a computer for the last few months to really check-in or post. But now I have a new computer and I hope to be back to posting soon. but in the meantime, I thought it would be nice to do a recap before posting.

Review: The universe has changed. Its a new world order and the Meta-Human Squad is here to face those challenges. Armed with a new base of operations and an expanded roster the MHS as a team and an organization has exploded to help the galaxy and universe at large. But with a new day brings new threats and old long-standing one rearing its ugly head.

Planet by Planet Recap and by week:
Week One: A New Beginning.

Anndranna:
Captain Allon holds a meeting with Metrixx-Kanndrnn Chuck Taine -lead architect, Gear, Brainaic 5, and Invisible Kid to discuss the landscape of Anndranna and how they planned to upgrade it.

Sergeant Erin does a training session with the Unchosen Alphas (Beast Master, Blip, Vertigo, Swap, Microbe, Hotspot, and beta cadet Mentalla.)

Mission to Fegg-Drannarnn facility within the Drannora Ocean:
Team: Live Wire, Saturn Girl, Apparation, Brainiac 5, Neptune, Omega Cadet Bubble, Magno, Nightwind, M'Onel.) - The team shuts down the malfunctioning facility after its been taken over by Metrixx-Kanndrnn whose mind had been affected by his allergy to iron, which much of his cyberntics are made from. Metrixx-Kanndrnn was defeated and placed into cryo-stasis until his mind could be healed.

Leaving for Xanthu:
Star Boy, Dreamer, Kid Quantum II, Atom'x, Monstress, Blindspot, and Kent Shakespeare leave for Xanthu.

Brig:
Command Kid visits with Mano on his birthday.

Dormitory avenue:
Live Wire has a breakdown about his powers and how the powers of Element Lad are scaring him as they become more and more second nature to him.
Brainiac 5 in his apartment gets a message from his mother, who is locked away on Planet Hell Prision Planet for her crimes committed during the Cybernetic Invasion.

Cybernetica:
Virx receives a message from Brainiac 4 and learns the fate of his second son.

Colu:
New Rep. Orin Fex finds the unconscious form of Sharn Nux in Brainiac 5s old lab.

Planet Hell:
Brainiac 4 is visited by Neron and collects the two souls she promised him in exchange for leaving her and her sons alone. (Souls promised Brainiac 6 and 7(Indigo of Outsiders fame in the late 21st century)

Mission to Triton:
Chameleon, Amp, Violet, and GPS face off against the Scavenger as he tries to steal the Spear of Lona.

Daxam:
Roxxas finds a spaceship that crashes to the surface.

One Week after a New Beginning.

Anndranna:
Apparition, Cub, and Winema (Tinya's mother and son of U248) spend the day together at the newly constructed Entertainment-plex. Ultra Boy joins for lunch. Winema decided to move to Anndranna.

Zerrox:
Mordru sulks in his throne room before learning about the Cybernetic Invasion of the United Planets. Then the Emerald Eye arrived and informed him of the discovery of Blood Crystals on several planets.
Mysa finds out about Daxam and speaks with President Chu about making sure Daxam is returned to the United Planets to protect them from Mordru.

Daxam:
Roxxas confronts the Prince of Daxam, Pax Grand and the Daxam Senate. Roxxas charges they need to destroy the U.P. and they deny him before he uses his new tool, a possessed Inferno , who then infects and possess them before spreading to the rest of Daxam.

Earth's Moon:
McCauley and President Chu discuss the new laws about Meta's. Informs her he will create his own squad of meta's since she won't supply him with one from the MHS. Karety Kid involved in the meeting.
McCauley has a meeting with Ra's al Ghul discussing the need to change their plans for meta-humans.

Unknown Location:
Ra's al Ghul attends a meeting of the Dark Circle (first appearance in U248) as its masked leader. They discuss their plans to bring down the United Planets. Control of Meta-humans, new forms of travel and their use of the White Triangle as one of their tools.
Orin Fex contacts them and offers his assistance.
Memebrs:
Master Khundian -Captain Takk -warrior species. very violent. cybernetic upgrades. Come from a super dense gravity world giving them large muscular frames and super human strength.
Master Gil'Daan -Gulp'Da -telepathic. aquatic species that can not exist outside its globes off world.
Master Tyrazzian - race of warmongers. Red skinned.
Master Dominator - race of scientist. Yellow skinned. large mouths filled with sharp teeth. red dots of varying size on their large foreheads denote their ranking in their society.

Three Weeks Later after a New Beginning.

Xanthu:
Xanthu Away team arrives on Xanthu.
They meet the Uncanny Amazers and work with them as a PR stunt.
Many of the members of the MHS are former members of Uncanny Amazers. Several of whom have died in this reality (The Legion members from U247) causing some unresloved issues between the two teams.

Uncanny Amazers Team:
Insect Queen -Lonna Leing -Transformation: Insect Queen can transform part of her body into any insect form, thereby gaining that insect's abilities.
Atmos - Marak Russen - Unique Physiology: Xanthian scientists created him by replicating a cosmic storm that gave him enhanced abilities. The experiment worked but caused unstable and unexpected reactions.
Flight: Atmos' abilities are nuclear in nature allowing him to expend energy in various ways such as flying. Superhuman Strength: Atmos' strength also comes from the nuclear reactions inside his body.
Invulnerability: Atmos' body is surrounded by a special inhibitor field that protects him from physical and energy based attacks. Energy Resistance. Interstellar Travel. Energy Projection: His most destructive nuclear ability is to fire bolts of nuclear energy from his hands. These bolts can melt metals and cause electronics to malfunction.
Konk - detached floating head. two hour separation limit.
The Breakdown - Alden Bishen- able to breakdown energy attacks and absorb it for super stamina and speed.
Phrenologax Lad - Greg Kldar - a resident psychiatrist who uses his head touching power to see into the minds of others. Masters in facial expression, psychology, neurology, and sociology.
Ponna - Bert Pullur - the chosen Moon Champion of Pon essence of the moon. - super strength, flight, Moon staff and dust capable of driving people crazy. *lunatics dust. last for a few hours and in Ponna's mental control. Power's only work on Xanthu under Pon's guidance.

Recruit:
Fizzy - Ruthu Le-Lakor - able to fizzle any inorganic object out of existence.

Missions on Xanthu:
Pon Observatory - Kid Q II, Insect Queen, Ponna, Atom'x
-team discovers Atmos.
Patrolling the Xan City, Captial City of Xanthu - Monstress, Blindspot, The Breakdown, Knok, and Star Boy.
-team fought the Brute Crew: Halt Walt, Killjoy, Engix, and Murrah the Roller.
Rehabilitation Hospital for Meta-Humans: Dreamer, Kent Shakespeare, Phernolgax Lad.
-Atmos is brought to the center without of control powers.

Kid Quantum II (Jazmin) visits her brother, Kid Quantum (James) in the rehab facility.
Atom'x and Prefect Zandoz argue about Atmos.

Star Boy checks in with Captain Allon about the creation of Meta-Humans that is happening on Xanthu. But gets cut off. Star Boy gets through but gets cut off. Suddenly the call reconnects and Stary Boy notices a change in Captain Allon.
Star Boy, Dreamer, and Kid Quantum II meet on the roof of the Uncanny Amazers headquarters to discuss the call he just had with Captain Allon, the Meta-Human creation program, Dreamer's vision and the possibility of the return of the Dark Circle.

Prefect Zandoz receives a call from Captain Takk with a proposition to join him the Dark Circle alliance and promised him power.

Star Boy tries to contact Captain Allon again but can't get through. He runs into Phernologax Lad and helps him interrogate The Xanthunian, a local hero/activaits who has become radicalized against the United Planets.
But before he can talk he's taken out.
Two blocks away Inferno and Roxxas watch.

Nitorna Mission:
Pursuit of former Cadet Caress for theft and other crimes.
Team: M'Onel, Tharok, Crystal Kid, and Twine.
Team faces off against, The Gene Squad, Nitnora's time tossed Super Hero team from 200 years in the past. who arrived in this time through an anomaly and were detained by their government. Carees broke them out.
Former Cadet Caress is arrested.
Gene Squad Memebers: Caress, Old Man, Dovval Queen, Nerva, and Frank.

Anndranna:
Andromeda atteneds a meditation class run by Sun Boy to get a handle on the return of her Anomoly light based powers, which she gained during a visit to a space anomaly in U247.
XS is anxoius and wants to go out on missions and get her wish. Reports of missing ships comes in and a team is formed. Saturn Girl, Invisible Kid, XS, Dune, Umbra, Density, Gossamer, Quicksand. Due to the unknown nature of the threat they're going to face and invite Alpha cadets, Night Girl, Amber, Fireball, and Slipstream.
Blast-Off visit Shikari in her hospital room, where she's been since they reduced her from Grimbor's clutches. Blast-Off tries to deal with his feeling of being seperated from Atom'x.

Deep space near Xanthu, near the boarder between the United Planets and the Khudian Empire:
Captain Takk and Gulp Da meet to discuss plans of creating their own version of the U.P. behind Dark Circle Master's back.
They may have help from Xanthu, whose not happy with the U.P.

Mission to Star Sector 247-A.
The team finds a stranded ship and investigaest only to find the Legionnaires worst fears, the Tangeld Web of this reality(U248). The MHS search the vessel until they confront him and fend him off. Tangeled Web sadly escapes leaving the team to try and help the ships crew fix their ship and get them all to safety.

Saturn Girl and XS share a moment. Saturn Girl realizes her and the other Legionnaires take for granted the people of this reality and think they are the exact same as those they knew. Not registering that they are their own people and so she makes the extra effort.

Brall:
Cosmic Boy and Cuspin watches as D.D CEO of the Magnoball announces tryouts for a the new Magnoball season which was hit hard with losses due to the Cybernetic Invasion.

Apokolips:
Grimbor, Titania, Magpie, Gangbuster, and Timber Wolf- Brin Londo of Rimbor U247 (a hound) are all trapped on Apokolips.
Grimbor and Timber Wolf are all that's left after they arrived and were targeted by Desaasd, the New God.

Master Roll Call:
Legion Cadets from U-247:
Live Wire - Garth Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation, and elemental transmutation of Winath of U247
Saturn Girl - Imra Ardeen ? telepathy, mind control, reading, and communication. Of Titan U247
Triad - Luornu Durgo ?Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247
Apparition - Tinya Wazzo Nah ?intangibility of Bzgtl of U247
Ultra Boy - Jo Nah- Super-strength, super-speed, flight, invulnerability, flash vision, and "penetra-vision" (all approximately at Kryptonian power levels), only one of which can be used at a time. of Rimbor U247
Violet - Salu Digby ? able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247
Ferro - Andy Nolan ? movable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Umbra (Tasmia Mallor) ? shadow caster. Of Talok IV U247
Kid Quantum II - Jazmin Cullen ?quantum fields capable of slowing/freezing time. energy blast capable of causing decay. Of Xanthu of U247
Spark - Ayla Ranzz ?electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Invisible Kid ? Lyle Norg of Earth U247 ? invisibility
Gear - I.Z.O.R. Of Lisnar U247 ? techno-organic body that allows him to interface and control machinery and that can grow any type of machinery he can think of.
Dreamer ? Nura Nal of Naltor U247 ? precognition
Sensor - Jeka Wynzorr of Orando U247? generation of illusions and telepathy. Evolved snake abilities undefined.
Chameleon - Reep Daggle of Durla U247 ? shape shifting
Wildfire - Drake Burroughs ? composed of anti-matter energy. Capable of flight and energy blast.
Atom'x -Randall Burroughs of Xanthu of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - kinetic control over atomic energy and the atoms that compose them. concussive, searing blasts . Flight ,Phasing/Ghost, Radiation.
Blast-Off - Jahr-Drake Ningle - of Earth of U247/248 formerly Wildfire - Flight and invulnerability
Star Boy -Thom Kallor of Xanthu U247- interstellar mass control.
Brainiac 5 -Querl Dox of Colu U 247 - 12th level intelligence , internalized force field apparatus
Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, microscopic /telescopic vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.) Her time in the space anomaly once gave her unspecified light or energy powers. She appeared to move like lightning, and affected objects at some distance.
M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Lonestar-Shikari of the Kawi migrating Colony of U247- Path finding, ability to generate biological armor and claws, flight.

The remaining top 50 (from U-248)
Blind Spot: Bogdan Tarka of Doopa ?creates fissures in space/time that allow him to freeze those around you. (formerly: speedster. Capable of traveling so fast no one sees him
Gates of Vyrga ? teleportation disks
Monstress- Candi Pyponte-Le Parc III of Xanthu- super-strength, endurance, and a fair measure of invulnerability.
Blizzard - Brek Bannin of Tharr ? Cold manipulation; ability to absorb heat and produce cold.
Nightwind - Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Catspaw - April Dumaka of Fuzzball Cat-like speed and agility, enhanced senses, and retractable claws.
Crystal Kid - Bobb Kohan of Earth - creates crystal structures by force of will.
Density - Jedediah Rikane of Earth ? density control. Super dense and strong to immaterial phantom.
Command Kid - Jeem Rehtu of Preztor ? creates hallucinations in those he touches. Slight telepathy.
XS -Jenni Ognats of Aarok ? travel at super speeds. Speed force connection.
Tharok of unknown ? hacker genius. Capable of making any type of weapon from any part.
Validus of unknown - super strong. Super durable, Mental lightning. Inherent psychic shielding.
Twine of Rimbor ? Energy-Enhanced Strike, Siphon Life force, Weapon Master
Lazon- Chey-Nu of Dryad. He can turn into any form of light.
Dune - of Mot duzt - collective of sentient sand grains that have formed a body that can morph at will. Travel through soil. held together by their will and an electromagnetic field from subatomic pellets they swallowed upon leaving their home planet?s gravity
Sun Boy - Dirk Morgna of Scylla -Light and heat generation, heat vision, flame generation, transform body into pure light or flame. The Avatar of the elemental Phy'r. Posses Dirk's memories/ personality but is Phy'r the Elemental While the real Dirk is back on Scylla.
Magno - Dyrk Magz of Braal- Magnetism manipulation; control and generation of magnetic fields.
Amp - Ming Sul of Tristram - Able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging affect, the duration of which depends on how many sentients she has amped. The larger the group the shorter amount of time it last. The amping affect causes a crash after but only for those she has amped. Not herself.
Echo - Myke-4 Astor of Calish-Aetia -Able to recall 10th of a portion of powers of those he's touched. Only to retain 4 powers at a time and without the limitations of the host powers.
Kid Quake - Lgxx Gsxx of Hnyx- Generates earthquakes
Gossamer -Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation
Quicksand - Wel4d of Rigel9 - can turn solids into liquids and vice versa
Lullaby Lad - Waiane Wentim of Zwen - Zwennite physiology, narcoleptic induction
GPS - Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting.
Neptune - Nephus of Beltair IV -Water control and generation
Reflex - Devlin O'rn of Calaton - Reflects physical and energy attacks back to their source. Monkey tail and agility.

Left Academy:
Officer Sethno of Medusa - turns people to stone.
-Left to return to being a "god" on Medusa to heal the wounds left by her sister.
Cadet Blok of Dryad- super durable, physical resistance, super strong; energy absorption. mass increase.
-left to become the Earth Elemental.
Cadet Inferno - Sandi Anderson of Scylla?flame heat and light generation and manipulation.
-Left because of being possessed by the Eclipso black diamond
Cadet James Cullen of Xanthu - Ability to cast stasis fields using belt.
-Left because he wasn't chosen for the MHS.

Not Chosen Alpha's :
Swap - Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch peoples powers at will, must touch person to do it. Flight. Invisibility
Blip - Mory Lour of Omegons -Teleportation
Beast Master - Ilshu Nor of Lallor -Able to transform into any animal or beast and duplicate their special abilities.
Hotspot - Staq Mavien of Shawr - breathes fire
Microbe - Drura Sepht of Smoahtur -Spontaneus generation of infectious diseases.
Vertigo - Ce-Ce Beeek of Steeple - capable of producing/creating sounds on various sound wave lengths that allow her to affect peoples nervous systems, creating vertigo of sorts. she also has an ability called healing harmonics. it allows her to heal others with soothing harmonic tones. the monks were the one's who perfected this technique and taught her how to alter her powers to replicate it. she uses this ability sparingly and not in the heat of battle.

Earth Squad:
Shining Knight - Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon
Jewel - Ollow Dulga of Aleph 2 -Creates jewels about her body to use as armored protection. Emerald, Ruby's, Diamonds, and Sapphires are her favorites to use.
Chlorophyll Kid - Ral Benem of Mardru -Ability to stimulate plant growth
Sphereica - Shazlon of Barrio III - Spherical diamond body, with retractable appendages. Super durability. Telepathic communication.
Ink - Lonny Evening of Myar ?sentient being of ink. Makes ink projectiles. Can transform into humanoid form.
Comet Queen - Grava of Extal Colony - gravity wake that may derive from the forces she uses to fly (perhaps using gravitational forces to warp space time and propel herself at otherwise impossible speeds)., also pulls others along with her. smoke tail capable of putting people to sleep and blinding crowds and posses a light tail that can blind others.
Tellus Ganglios of Hyrakius - Telepathy and telekinesis.
Dream Boy - Rol Purtha of Naltor ? precognitive dreams.
Pollen - planet girl. -spoor bombs that crumble anything, transfer consciousness to other plants.

Promoted to Alpha cadets post Cybernetic Invasion:
Impulse Kent Shakespeare of Earth - Limited invulnerability, super speed, and Super strength. Medical knowledge. Greater physical stamina. But requires sleep after.
Flare - Ray Sah - of Rimbor - Convert light energy into malleable forms, such as flight and destructive beams of light.
Mendalla Tari Wahlmunn - of Takron-Galtos -Project's thought spheres to engulf targets causing hallucinatory distorting effects by interfering with ones bio-electrical system.
Shadow Lad - Gra-Malla of Figa - Shadow walker and living shadow
Spider-girl Susa Pak of Earth - Super-strong prehensile hair.
Night Girl Lydda Jath of Kathoon ?Super strong in absolute darkness and space.
Fireball Lizz Sunrizze of Thanotopsia - Creates balls of fire that she can control their direction/target. Flight.
Amber - of J586 - Able to project a gel like substance
Quill Peter Dursin- of Earth -Metahuman with quills all over his body that he can fire at will
Raptor - Noorr-ni't of Gryx - Flight. Elongated arms. Heightened senses of vision. Mutant at birth reptilian skin.
Calamity King E. Davis Ester of Touston - Ability to cause accidents and disasters
Slipstream Mori of Earth - Flight, super speed, slipstream tail that creates a dazzling light.
Spectrum Ulu Vakk of Lupra- Ability to change the colors of people and objects.
can also project beams of the color black, blinding opponents

Beta Cadets:
(Holdur) Hald Altovio - super strong with an unbreakable grip
Mentalla - Delya Castil of Titan ? telepathic with specialization in possession of individuals; particularly subconscious motor functions.
Union- telepathic communication and able to create a hive mind.
Veilmist- mist that teleports self and others. Max range undefined
Bubble - Ging Ju of Extal Colony - a giant sentient rat capable of making bubbles that can transport people long distances. large talons that can burrow, enhanced agility.
Crushed -Heroldu Collo of Culacao - a giant snail with empathetic powers. Slime inducing emotional control.
Membrane - Telepathic brain surrounded by a membrane digestive system.

Omega Cadets:
Invisible Kid II - Jacques Foccart - uncontrollable invisibility
Mano - destructive left hand. disintegrating touch. glowing blue and purple head.

Officers:
Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Sergeant Shvaughn Erin -Science Police Sergeant and instructor.

Scorecard:
The Nannite underground: Gone off to places unknown.
Meta Ulnoor- of Titan.-Mind reading, telepathy, psi-blast.
Elephant sentient of unknown.-impenetrable skin and retractable tusks. No name. doesn't speak.
Sizzle:Teela Spuunvll of Abaddonus - Able to absorb, alter and redirect energy. (Died in the Cybernetic Invasion.)
Radion: Roy Travich of Earth- radiation blasts and flight.
Smoke: Timmy Feer of Earth - creates a smoke screen.
Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making.

Captured: By the MHS
Dragonmage of Earth, New Shanghai Colony, slave of Mordru - spell casting for various effects. Manifesting through various forms of dragons.

The Leauge of Assassin:
Micro Lad arrested.

Other Characters:
Phy'r: Dirk Morgna of Earth, possessed by the fire elemental Phy'r and running the Sisterhood of Fire on Scylla.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Recap 9/27/2020
Omni #992846 09/29/20 04:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hey Omni glad you have a computer back! and thanks for the recap. Looking at this, you have put so much work into your universe. Loving some of these developments (Gigi as a new Shining Knight!) and the bleeding-over / exchange of elements between our fictional universes (code names such as Microbe, Blizzard, Density; adding in Mentalla). But you also have a lot of original characters, which I find really cool as that's my weakness as a writer.

looking forward to more!

Omni #992886 09/29/20 10:35 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Welcome back, Omni! I am looking forward to having a proper read of your recap after work so I can get all caught up and ready to go laugh

Omni #993103 10/07/20 04:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Omni, hi, great to have you back with us!

Sorry, I'm miles behind on this but do aim to catch up properly soon. Looking forward to seeing what you have for us.

C

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/22/2020
Omni #994686 11/22/20 06:10 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Starsector 247-A
Roll Call:

Invisible Kid - Lyle Norg of Earth U247 - invisibility
Fireball - Lizz Sunrizze of Thanotopsia - Creates balls of fire that she can control their direction/target. Flight.
Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy

Invisible Kid sat waiting for his next round of work to begin to help with the rerouting of the engine's power. The last three hours had been filled with failed attempts and he was becoming slightly frustrated.

"Why isn't this ship up to code." Invisible kid thought to himself while he studied the power conduit layout which routed power from the engine to the rest of the ship.

"The regulatory grid's out of date. If Brainy was here he'd have a coronary." Invisible Kid thought to himself.

"Beep! Beep! Incoming call from Captain Allon." Invisible Kid's holo-Omnicom flashed.

"Captain, is everything alright? I gave a mission progress report an hour ago." Invisible Kid asked.

"I'm not sure actually. I got a message from Thanotopsia, Cadet Fireball's homeworld. They want her home immediately." Captain Allon's brown eyes were soft with concern for his cadet.

"No explanation?" Invisible Kid sat up opening up a holo-screen to read up on Thantopsia.

"No. They only said it was an emergency. I've already sent the coordinates to your Omnicom and the ship's computer. Once you start up you'll be ready to go. Be careful. The sentient in the holo-message seemed rather distressed.? Captain Allon cautioned.

"Of course. I'll report back once we've touched down.? Invisible Kid said, slightly distracted.

"Good work Lyle, Captain Allon out." Captain Allon gave a small smile and mini salute before the screen popped out of existence.

"Team, we've got a new mission. Finish up what you're working on and we'll be off. Cadet Fireball meet me in the cruiser as soon as you can.? Invisible Kid used the cruiser's systems to tap into the speakers of the cargo ship.

"Oh great.Time with oh captain, not my captain." Fireball thought to herself while she used her fireballs to help fuse a couple of new metal plates to spots in the ship's hull that had been breached.

Fireball quickly finished up and went to the cargo bay.

"You wanted to see me?" Fireball walked into the cruiser and stood very rigidly.

"Yes, your homeworld made a call to Captain Allon and they want you home. It's an emergency. But they didn't say what it was. We'll be bringing you there once everyone is finished. This is the message your people sent. I'll let you have some privacy.? Invisible Kid cued up the message on the cruiser's holo-screen projector from the pilot's seat.

"You can stay." Fireball said simply taking the floating white chair next to her.

"Captain Allon, this is Grizz Drannzk, Master of the Thanotopsia Military Unit under tribal Leader Wendzz Sunnrizze. We demand that Lizz Sunnrize be returned to Thanotopsia as soon as possible. There's been an emergency and she must be here. Send her! Please." Grizz Drannzk altered between a slight rage and trying to keep his composure.

Fireball watched the message perplexed at what could have happened.

"I don't know what to say other than take me home." Fireball sat there pondering what was going on.

Invisible Kid Left her alone while he went to check on the team and their projects.

Last edited by Omni; 11/22/20 06:16 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/22/2020
Omni #994687 11/22/20 06:25 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna Prime: United Planets and Science Police: MHS Headquarters.: Captain Allon's Office.

Captain Allon sat at his desk reviewing some of the recent mission logs from the MHS squad after he ended his call to Invisible Kid's team in Starsector 247-A. The light of the White Dwarf filtering into his office from the wall of windows leading to the balcony. The light slowly decreased as the White dwarf set for the day. The lights in the ceiling gradually turned on. Captain Allon looked at the holo-clock on his desk.

"I should go. But Star Boy still hasn't called me back yet. I guess I could forward the call to my quarters. But I'm curious about this creation of Meta-Humans. I wonder if that's going on anywhere else in the United Planets. I know some planets did so before the laws changed to send a champion to defeat Mordru. But I never would have thought worlds would do so to create champions when there are so many Meta-Humans already out there that could use a place to call home. But that leads us back to them being controlled by the government. Although, Xanthu's always been a haven and I thought it had a large Meta-Human population to draw from to be heroes. From the reports I read when Monstress and James Cullen were accepted to the academy, Meta-Humans were celebrities in their communities." Captain Allon leaned back in his hoverchair.

"Maybe I should try calling there...Computer what time is it on Xanthu?"

"It is 17:00 hours and 45 minutes." the A.I. toned.

"Thank you Computer. That's rather late to try and call. I might not even get through if there's a solar storm. Hopefully, he'll report in again soon." Captain Allon stood and began to ready himself to leave for the night. The lights turned out once he entered the jump tube.

Last edited by Omni; 11/22/20 06:26 PM.

Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
The Kahn
The Kahn
30th Century Earth
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star