Roll Call
0 members (), 14 Murran Spies, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/04/24 12:22 PM
not just another Pantha's dismembered head thread...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 11:54 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added RED CROW 3 May*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:31 AM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:29 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:28 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:27 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/04/24 02:24 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Lyle 5: Genius Can't See What is Right in Front of Him
Ivy #998366 02/11/21 05:59 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Lyle 5: Epilogue

I wrote this sequel over a year ago but didn't quite want to post it here as it was until now. I have tweaked it a bit from how I had originally published it. This story still focuses on Brainy and Lyle's relationship, but it is mostly from Querl's perspective. There is an original Character I introduce named Lara Gozzel, she is loosely based off of XTC (Kara and Querl's child in the Kingdom Come story line.) I will add her character profile after the story concludes. Warning this story, although a sequel to my previous story, is quite different and has a little more mature themes. Nothing to intense however, do not worry.

Chapter 1:

(POV Querl) It has been three months since the trial, and a lot has happened. I celebrated my 50th birthday which I spent with Lyle in his large apartment in Metropolis.

The double wedding happened a little over a month and a half ago. Mekt and Rokk were Garth's groomsmen while Lyle was Reep's best man. Imra's sister Jancel was her maid of honour, Jekka and Salu were Ayla's bridesmaids. Twin Winathian Priests officiated the wedding and after Ayla and Reep said there I do's they turned to the Durlan Priest, Reep transformed into his true form with the black robe, and forest green skin tentacle appendages and got officiated by Durlan standards. During the Reception Brin sat right behind Mekt and the two seemed to have an awkwardness going between them but I paid little attention. After the party the two new brides threw their bouquet's, then suddenly they disappear, then reappear over all the women's heads. A few seconds later I feel something be tucked behind my ear, a single flower. I feel for that silly lover boy and drag him off to kiss him passionately somewhere more private.

Imra and Garth went to Bizmal to honeymoon. Ayla and Reep were pulled out of there honeymoon on a technicality by the Durlan Spiritual Leader and they were stuck on Durla for a month trying to get their marriage legalized. Afterwards they decided to honeymoon on the Ranzz farm on Winath.

In that time Garth and Imra released big new, they were expecting there first born, and Imra wants me to be one of the God Fathers, Cosmic Boy scored the other spot. Garth was nervous at first when the doctor revealed that there was only one child, but he had simply forgotten the rarity of twins in Titanian biology. The doctor also confirmed that Garth's crystallization and Jan form would not affect the child, it was only his DNA, not Jan's or his powers.

Everything has been smooth since. It has been a couple of weeks since Imra and Garth's announcement. Lyle has been staying in his Legion World quarters far more frequently to be close to me and we are thinking of combining our quarters and move in together. Legion missions have been their normal level of dangerous and there is still always risk but we all get through it as normal. Everything was normal until Colu wanted to mess with my personal life even more.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/11/21 07:54 PM.
Ivy #998369 02/11/21 06:30 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 2:

(Lyle POV) Waking up next to Querl almost every morning is the missing piece of my life I didn't know that I was even missing. This morning however was different, he decided to get up before me to do whatever. So I get up, get dressed and head to the other room, to my surprise he's cooking breakfast instead of doing some science project. He turns towards me and smiles.

"I felt like cooking so I made morning nourishment."

He comes over and gives me my missed good morning kiss. Once he's done cooking we eat a meal with components from across the know Galaxy. We are just finishing when we receive a transmission from Colu.

"Querl, can this wait until after legion patrol?"

He has a nervous look, "They only contact me with there biggest problems so I probably should answer now."

He answers, and a Coluan I hadn't seen before appears on a holographic screen, "Querl Dox, with your current age and profession the entire planet has agreed that it is time you produced an heir to the Dox line." With that I choked on the water I was drinking.

(POV Querl) once Lyle stopped coughing I turn back to the holoscreen.

"My life is at a point of transition and discovery, how long until you want this child to be born?"

Without hesitation the Coluan council leader responds, "We want the surrogate to be pregnant within a week, if one can not be found where you are one from Colu will be provided here."

I now understand why Lyle choked, I almost followed. "I must insist that the child be of myself and Lyle?s, Coluan DNA is very dominant and it shouldn't diminish there intelligence."

The Council men huffed, "If you insist, but I wish you to do some tests first to be sure of it, honestly though we do not wish for more alien blood tainting the Dox line."

I raise an eyebrow, "More alien blood?"

The council men averted the question, "We are giving you access from earth the Colu archives, use them for your research, we will expect updates every 24 hours." And with that the transmission ended.

I sit back down to at the table and after a minute of silence as we both process what we just heard I finally spoke.

"I wish that I had choice in this matter but I don?t, if this child has to come into this world I want to raise it together, but if you aren't ready I reluctantly could let it be raised on Colu, I want to know what you think."

My perfect mate is still pale but he answers immediately, "Tell Cosmic Boy we are going to have to take some time off." I smile than kiss him.

After discussing with Cosmic Boy that we have a personal crisis to attend to we get back to work, Lyle starts the questions, "How are we going to do this considering us both being guys, get Gym'll?"

I take out a pad and start writing down calculations, "With your biochemistry and my intellect I can most likely convince male reproductive cells to switch to female reproductive cells myself, making the embryo will be easy, but we will still need a surrogate and an appropriate one most likely won't be able to be found with in the week, we need more time."

Then Lyle shocks me with a statement I was definitely not expecting, "Use me."

I am completely confused, "What are you suggesting Norg?"

His face is concerned, but serious, "As you have said, I specialize in biochemistry, there is an old 29th century technology still used today, an artificial womb, it's usually used for further along pregnancies that were compromised and needed a new female host stat, with some altering I could make one for a Coluan hybrid."

Querl stopped me there, "You would also need to be producing estrogen and no testosterone for the womb to work."

A nervous smile crosses his face, "Don't worry, I thought of that, if I use very low doses of Profem, instead of transitioning me fully into a woman it should stop me from producing testosterone and produce estrogen, any pregnancy hormones needed are released from the womb."

I guessed he already knew but I had to point out one last thing, "The lack of testosterone and addition of estrogen will effect your body, even if its only for a few weeks it is going to change your body. Nothing that can?t be reversed but you have to be prepared for this."

He looks at me with his most serious eyes I have ever seen on him, "Small changes I'm willing to take, my body will only be able to support the child and womb for about a month, so any changes can be surgically reversed once the womb is removed, I'm willing to do this Brainy, so let's make a baby."

We both got to work, Lyle started figuring out the biochemistry of it all, as well as started taking the low dosage of Profem thanks to Officer Shvaughn Erin lending a small amount of her supply. For the first two days there were no noticeable changes but at day three he started having the higher voice.

"Querl, if I have this voice for a month I am not going out in public."

I role my eyes, "It is to late now, but I want you to look at this. I have always known the specific holders of the name Dox, but being an outcast I never even knew the name of the Coluan who donated his DNA so my mother could give birth."

He looks at me for a moment then clicks in, "The Coluan archives let you find out who your dad is?"

I nod, "Yes, his name is Kajz Anc, he is still alive and has children of his own, I technically have siblings, but I went a bit deeper, my grandfather?s mother wasn't Coluan, she was Gryxian, the only reason my grandfather appeared to be almost completely Coluan was because of divine intervention."

My beautiful human partner smiles at me, "It's great to see you discover your family history, but can you make the embryo?" I have a guilty smile on and he knows something is up?

"What is it, what did you do?"

I take a deep breath and take his hands, "I think we should have twins." I almost expected him to faint, instead he just yells.

"What?!"

I try to keep him calm, "Lyle, let me explain, I have explored my ancestry and non-Coluan DNA has been cast out, but we could have a mostly Coluan child and a more natural hybrid, I could even awaken the tiniest percentage of Gryxian DNA because my great grandmother was a mutant with powers like yourself, so she-"

Lyle put his hand over my mouth to inform me I had gone over my speech limit. "Querl, our children aren't science experiments, I'm stating that now. However now that I've calmed down I can appreciate the idea of twins, if you want one too be more of a hybrid then the other that's ok, just don't try and give them superpowers, let's just see how the cards unfold, ok."

He removed his hand. "Ok."

After another couple days it was time for Lyle's surgery. The embryos were ready. Because I put them together myself I know the biological sex of the two kids but not like I'm going to tell Lyle what they are. He was put under and Doctor Gym'll and a few other Doctors, plus myself added the artificial womb plus the Embryos. Doing the surgery was not stressful but waiting for him to wake up was. I kept having flashbacks to the Gear incident.

He did of course wake up and I was right there for it, "Hey Brainy, how did I do?" I take his hand and hold it, "I just want to say congrats, you are pregnant."

Ivy #998370 02/11/21 06:55 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 3:

(POV Querl) I updated the council that the child is on its way while Lyle is in recovery. A day later I check him out of the hospital. The surgery and womb take away his perfect abs but he is still his normal slimness.

He sits down on the couch. "What do we do now Brainy?"

I kiss him on the cheek, "We search for surrogates."

We start looking, we interviewed a couple of women, but most did not wish to hold a hybrid and the rest weren't interested in twins. A couple weeks past and Lyle started having changes, he was morning sick, gained the tiniest of weight that is just noticeable if you see him without his shirt. He also stopped having to shave his face and although I made sure not to mention it, Lyle?s body shape and figure started to change. There was also stuff that didn't relate to the pregnancy hormones or the Profem, he started having pain in his abdomen and becoming increasingly tired, he couldn't carry the womb for much longer.

A small amount of hope came a few days later, I was having breakfast and after being quite sick Lyle was having toast and a stomach relaxant.

"It's getting worse, isn't it?" I asked.

"Yes, I want these children to live but I can't hold them for no more then another week, two at the most, how is looking for a surrogate going?"

I shake my head, "No one has accepted my request and we have interviewed all that are looking to be surrogates, I wish Imra wasn't pregnant, she's a close friend, she would most likely do it if we explained our situation to her."

Lyle smiles his first smile in days, "Maybe not Imra, but Reep and Ayla just got back from honeymooning, maybe Ayla would do it." So Lyle gets dressed and we head out.

(POV Lyle) We come to Cham and Sparks shared quarters. Lyle buzzes for entrance, and Reep opens, he looks a horrible shade of orange.

"If this is a bad time we can come back later?" I say, but he shakes his head.

"No, it's ok, come in, just be quiet because I think Ayla has finally fallen asleep."

I decided to ask, "Jet lag?" He shakes his head, "No, if you promise not to freak out or tell anyone, she's pregnant."

Brainy frowns, he knows this means she can't surrogate for us but I just smile, "Congrats man, that's great!"

I try and hug him but he puts his arm out to stop me and he looks like he's going to be sick, "It's not, she's was overjoyed but when the doctor told her she was only carrying one child she was deviated, she cried herself to sleep." Querl just looked at him then asked, "So when are you going to tell her that the twin is alive?"

I look at my nerd confused, and also shocked that he'd ask such an insensitive question. "What do you mean the twin is still alive, the doctor says there's only one?"

I look at Reep and he sighs, "Durlans are technically Hermaphrodites, we have both reproductive systems even though we often pick which we represent ourselves as."

I'm still confused and I think he knows it so he continues, "When two Durlans try for a child we almost always have twin like Winathians, but not how you'd expect, both get pregnant with one child. Our doctor later privately confirmed that I am carrying the twin."

This is crazy, "Holy sprock, you aren't kidding?!"

Querl interrupted, "Not to sound bossy but shouldn't you not be in that form, the child probably isn't fully Durlan and shouldn't be shape shifted, you should be in your natural form, that's why you are sick."

He sighed and with what looked like great effort, shifted back to his cloak and hooded form with green skin and tentacles. He starts wobbling and I catch him before he hits the floor, through the robes I can't even describe what I feel. I lay him on a couch. He than speaks in a higher, thicker Durlan voice.

"Thanks Lyle, I don't know what I'd do without you, hey, you never told me why you two had come, just a welcome back committee?" I shake my head and look at brainy who now looks down in disappointment.

"Brainy and I came because the Coluan council wants Querl to produce an heir to the Dox line and if we don't find a surrogate they will arrange a Coluan one and only brainy will be allowed to be with the mother. We were hoping that Ayla would surrogate because she's a close friend to both of us, obviously that isn't going to happen since she's already pregnant."

Reep gives a small laugh and sits up more straight, "Ayla couldn't anyway, you are going to mix both of your DNA right, well if it's half Coluan then it could take over a year to come to term, no normal humanoid could handle that, you need a surrogate who can handle at least a year." We look at each other in amazement, clearly neither of us thought of that, I can tell he's about to do his, 'I knew that' line, I glare and I turn to Reep to change the subject.

"When are you and Ayla due?" With the hood I can't see his face but it wouldn't have mattered anyway because of his non-humanoid face.

"The doctor isn't sure, Winathians are usually pregnant for nine to ten months, statistically in the middle, Durlans have a complicated development process that takes a little less than a year, so about 10 and a half to 11 months."

Something has been bugging me so I decide to ask, "You said most Durlan births are twins, but you never mentioned a sibling and only your mother plus some friends were at your wedding."

With the cloak and alien face I couldn't make out his facial expressions, but I think he was sad, "Durla has very little resources, so after the 6 minute war it was decided that the twins would be raised in only combat and our religion until 5 years old, than they would fight to the death, only after that would the survivor learn other things. I was born from my father so that's why my mother doesn't speak to me often because of what I've done to my poor brother Liggt. I hope however that since Ayla and I won't be raising our kids on Durla that they won't have to go through that ritual." This was crazy, I wonder how long he's had this on his chest.

I put my hand on what I think is his shoulder, "You knew no better, Durla was and in many ways is still messed up, but the new spiritual leader is cleaning things up nicely. We have to go, just please tell Ayla about your baby and no more shift shaping." He nods and me and Querl leave.

"That didn't go as planned." I say after we return to his quarters, he sits at his work bench and I can tell he's working on something.

"What is it?" I ask.

"What Chameleon said is true, we need a surrogate who can withstand an estimate of 21 months of pregnancy, most humanoids aren't compatible and almost all non humanoids aren't either.?

?What about another Coluan?"

He shakes his head, "Homeworld law is that you can only bear young of there mate.?

?What about a strong humanoid like a Daximite, like Andromeda?"

Querl shakes his head again, "Her immune system would find the embryos a threat and would just kill it, besides, Andromeda specifically can't because of her religion."

I sigh, "We have a little time, we'll think of something, I'm taking a nap, these kids are really straining my body."

Ivy #998373 02/11/21 07:16 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 4:

(POV Lyle) I wake up and realize that I had over slept. I check the time and it's 4PM. I get up, queasy but for once I don't think I'm going to throw up. I head out of the room and I see Querl still at his work bench, I see no indication that he ever left.

"You should take a break." He twirls around to face me, "I think I found her."

Stupidity I respond with, "What do you mean, found who?"

My signature smile crosses his face, I'll have to sue him for copyright later, "A surrogate, check this woman out."

He taps something on his pad and a woman's picture comes up, she is Coluan but something doesn't seem right to me, her skin is a few shades lighter than any Coluan I've ever seen and her hair isn't the same blonde as every Coluan has. The things that threw me off the most is that she A) doesn't seem to be on Colu in the image, and B) she is smiling the biggest smile I have ever seen.

"Lyle, this is Lara Gozzel." The name Gozzel rang a bell.

"Wasn't there a super Coluan criminal named Gozzel, serving a tyranny sentence at Takron-Galtos for over 50 years now?" Querl is still smiling like a manic.

"Yes, Vrax Gozzel, tried to overthrow the Coluan Council and name himself sole ruler, Colu authorities didn't want to deal with him so they sent him to Takron-Galtos where he met Cara-Rea some time later. She was a Daximite that was part of the xenophobic terrorist group the White Triangle, she ended up there for hoaxing an alien invasion on her planet. No one is sure what there relationship was exactly but 18 months after they met Cara gave birth to a Coluan-Daximite hybrid. Her own birth proves it, she can withstand an odd pregnancy length. Also, having Coluan DNA shouldn't hurt, we'll just have to transfer the kids under artificial red sunlight and it should be fine."

By 7PM we had figured the science behind Lara possibly being the surrogate. We found out where she lives, not only did she live right in Metropolis, but only 15 km from the earth legion HQ. In a small apartment.

We come to the door, I am in civilian clothes and Querl in his uniform. Querl knock on the door. The door was opened immediately by the green young woman, she looked quite sleepy, but perked up as soon as she saw Querl.

"Sprock, it's you, I can't believe it, you are Brainiac 5, I am such a big fan, and aren't you Invisible Kid? Come in, come in."

When we walk inside I take in how small her apartment is, six by five and a half meters if I'm observing right. A very small kitchen with a chair at one of the counters, a very small living room with a single chair and two doors that I presume to be a bathroom and bedroom. Lara flies over to the kitchen area and brings the chair over next to the sofa and gestured for us to sit, she remained flying in front of the two seats. Querl goes to sit in the comfy chair but looks at me then sits in the kitchen chair, I don't like special treatment but from how I'm currently feeling I don't object.

"Lara Gozzel, we are here to ask if, "Querl begins but is cut off.

"If I can surrogate your twins, I'd be honored." She beamed, Querl didn't look surprised but for the moment I had no idea how she could have known.

"How did you know we were here to ask you to Surrogate?"

Her smile reminded me of energetic Xs, "Well the surrogate part was easy, my super hearing picks up 3 heart beats from you, most humanoids have one heart, the rarest have two, so pregnant is obvious, I believe you are male so natural conception of children is impossible so you are doing this artificially, but this is becoming a strain because Brainiac 5 clearly wanted the chair but looked at you and you looked back at him with annoyance yet still took the chair, indicating that you need the chair because you are under some sort of strain, pregnant, need a surrogate, I'll do it."
I start clapping my hands together, "That was awesome, great deductions, and I am over joyed that you are willing to surrogate."

She continues to smile as I look at my green mate with a smile of my own, "Tell us about yourself Lara."

She just had a glow about her as she spoke, "Well, I am 48 years old, but physically I am only 24, you probably know about how I came to be but after I was born I was sent to a lead free Laboratory on Earth for safety and to be studied."

She took a breath than continued, "I couldn't go anywhere outside without a trans suit and even that was risky, but when you invented a cure for Daximite lead poisoning I was able to leave and explore the Galaxy, I was inspired by you legionnaires and did good deeds and heroic acts whenever I could. Once I had seen the galaxy I wanted to join you but I didn't have full control of my powers then, I currently am employed as a constable in the science police and taking classes at the legion academy, that is about it."

Brainiac shakes her hand, "I'm pleased to hear that you are such a fan, once you graduate from Legion Academy, do you plan to try out again?"

Lara nods, "Yes, it is my dream to be a legionnaire and to protect everyone in the galaxy, no matter what race, sexuality, gender, or culture."

Querl keeps talking, "Well, if you keep up your studies while pregnant and complete the physical trials after you give birth, we can personally guaranty you will be a legionnaire."

Her eyes sparkled will excitement, "Perfect, but I must ask one thing, I don't think I will be comfortable being pregnant here in this extremely small apartment. If you could just give me the tiniest bit of money each month, combined with my own salary I should be able to afford a slightly bigger apartment for the duration of the pregnancy."

Her eyes were sincere, she wanted only a slightly bigger place to rest her feet, I turn to Querl then back to her.

"Could you give us a moment in privacy?" Her smile faded slightly but led us to her bedroom to talk. It was very small, a single person sized bed, a closet, and a tiny bookshelf.

I close the door behind us, my abdominal muscles, where the babies were, started hurting again so I sat on the bed and he sat next to me.

"We have to move her in with us."

"What, where, the legion quarters only have one bedroom and it takes a lot of time to modify them for two."

I role my eyes, "Not our quarters but my apartment, it's huge, 4 bedrooms, a suit, and the regular bathroom has a jetted tub, and a full sized gym and pool down stairs."

I take a breath, "I know you really like your privacy but this way we could have her close encase something happens, I always wanted us to fully move into my apartment together and the apartment isn't far from legion HQ, the legion academy or her work, it only makes sense."

He smiles slightly, "I keep on forgetting how rich you are, ok, she can move in."

We walk out and Lara is hovering in the kitchen part of the room nervously. She flies over to us when we leave her bedroom, I decided to break the news to her,

"Lara, I own a luxury apartment not to far from here and we wanted to know if you would like to move in with us until the babies are born?"

Her smile went from 0 to 125% in an instant, "You mean it, yes, of course, thank you so much."

She hugged Brainy which took him by surprise and he didn't know what to do, he looked towards me for help but I wasn't paying attention. The back pain and slight abdominal pain had suddenly become unbearable and before I could say anything, I fell unconscious.

Ivy #998374 02/11/21 07:29 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 5:

(POV Querl) I had noticed that Lyle was in slightly more discomfort then usual but I had thought it only to be because he was getting farther along with the pregnancy, but then he collapsed.

"There's blood," was the first words that came out of Ms. Gozzel's lips after he collapsed, and she was right, although I couldn't see inside him he was now showing the early signs of internal bleeding.

I had to ack quickly if I was going to save both my lover and our future children. "Lara, take this, "I hand her a legion ring and she puts it on.

"Get him to the hospital now and I'll send more instructions in a minute. She gently picked him up then was gone before my eyes could pick up her movement. I opened a frequency.

"Shekari, I need you to drop what you are doing and pick up me and Doctor Gym'll and take us to the hospital near Legion HQ NOW! It's a medical emergency!" A minute later a threshold opened and Shekari stepped through.

Shekari, me, and Doctor Gym'll step through the threshold and are now in the hospital. We start heading to the surgical wing and I open another frequency.

"Lara, get to my location!" I yell as we finally reach the surgical bay, Lara flies in a couple seconds later and lies Lyle down on a table. He's delirious from the pain and in shock, it is heartbreaking to hold him down against his will while Doctor Gym'll puts him under.

"Shekari, get more surgeons," she left, "Lara, I hate to do this to you but if the twins are going to survive I need to transfer the fetuses to you now."

Her face goes pale, "But..." I don't have time for buts, Lyle doesn't have time for buts, "You said you wanted to be a hero, it's time to prove it." She nods.

"What do I have to do?" She asks, I point to the other table, "Lie down there, I'm going to have to turn on a red sun lamp to be able to preform the surgery on you."

Being an R J Brande sponsored hospital they have red sun lamps in case they have to operated on M'Onel or Andromeda. She lies down and activate the light, colour drains from her face, "This is what powerless feels like?" I nod then put her under, it take a minute to work on her but soon she falls unconscious.

Once the other surgeons are in we all start working vigorously to save everyone's lives. Lyle's heart almost stopped from the amount of hemorrhaging, but we managed to keep him stable, and as a team we managed to correct the damage. It was the babies that I worried about the most, but I was pleasantly surprised. The womb had stopped working properly an hour prior and was drawing an incredible amount of energy from Lyle and that's why today was so bad for him, and once it went critical that's when he collapsed, it was ripping him apart but the babies took very little damage. We transferred them to Lara Gozzel. We injected some human hormones into her womb so that it would accept the human percentage of the children.

Once Gozzel was stitched up we turned off the red sun lamp and sent her to a recovery room with a window so she could absorb yellow sun light. Lyle was more difficult, his injuries were vast, and for one feeble second I thought he wouldn't make it, but Doctor Gym'll is a miracle surgeon and after a few hours of surgery we sent Lyle to the recovery ward. When I leave the staff bathroom from cleaning myself up, Lara is waiting in the hall.

"You ok?" I asked, she smiled have heartedly, "Yes, once I was exposed to the Suns rays bouncing off the moon I was fine, how is Invisible Kid?"

I look her in the eyes to let her know I'm serious when I say, "He's going to be ok." She sighs in relief, "Thank Valor, your twins are ok too, I can hear them inside me, there hearts are still beating." It was my turn to have a sigh of relief.

(POV Lyle) I woke up with a pounding headache and sore all over.

"Querl, how drunk was I last night," I say as I open my eyes and see that I am not in either of our quarters and I remember that I haven't had any silverale to drink in over a month. I bolt straight up, disoriented and confused but trying to take everything in at once as my last memories come back to me.

"Querl! The children!" I yell.

I finally notice that I'm in a hospital room and I am no long in the clothes I wore the day before. I also finally realized that Querl is by my side holding my arm and speaking to me.

"Lyle, Lyle, it's ok, you are ok." I look at him in the eyes, he looks tired and concerned.

"Brainy, what about the twins?" He tried for a smile but it wasn't natural so he stayed with his neutral face.

"They are fine, you're body kept them alive long enough to get them transferred to Gozzel." I hear his words and respond with, "ok," but then immediately pass out again from how weak I was.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 01:48 PM.
Ivy #998375 02/11/21 07:38 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 6:

(POV Querl) A few months passed, Lara moved in with us, and continued to attend Legion classes. Lyle had been working out to get his body back and since he stopped taking Profem he succeeds within a month.

We both rejoined the legion. They desperately needed us since three of its members were on maternity leave. Lara had gotten a few ultrasounds and everything seemed fine, one of the twins seemed smaller then the other but both were healthy so no problems there.

Finally a week ago Imra, now four months and in her second trimester, has announced that she is having a boy. Which they planed to name Kirtor, a combination of her and Garth's father's names.

Lara physically showed no signs she was pregnant, and most likely wouldn't for another month or two, but she sometimes was nauseated in the mornings. Since she is invincible and not out of her first trimester Lara, myself, and Doctor Gym'll agreed she could stay on the force until her pregnancy truly hindered her performance at work. When Lyle announced the news about having children I started getting a lot of congratulations which was awkward, they all kept asking if I'd like to go out and celebrate which I didn't know how to respond to. I just want to do my job, and the few hours I am home I want to be with my handsome partner.

One day at four in the morning a transmission came to our apartment, expecting it to be for me I went to go answer it. I was shocked to see the ever so secret symbol for the Earth Gove's top secret agency, which of course I discovered three years ago.

"Lyle, wake up, it is for you." I heard a moan that sounded like, "To tired, later."

That told me he wasn't expecting the call, "It's your friends in Earth Gove." I say sarcastically, I swear he suddenly had Xs's powers because he was by my side in a second.

"Brainy, I need to ask you to lock Lara's door for a minute and leave yourself."

I do what he says. I lock Lara's door, as if that would stop her from listening in with her super hearing, but she is thankfully asleep. I go into our bedroom and look at an ancient paper paged literature called Sherlock Homes, which I had picked up during my stranded time in the very late 20th century. I read for about 30 minutes when my curiosity was peaked. I activate my ring and listen into the conversations end.

"Your assignment will go until completed, being of utmost importance I must insist in breaking all communication ties while away, you will be given further instructions at base." It takes my entire being on not breaking down into an out burst, but that is exactly what I do as the door slides open.

"You're leaving!" I yell, I know this isn't normally me but my emotions are sky rocketing. He sighs, but he is stone faced.

"One, you weren't supposed to be listening, and two I don't have a choice." I take a deep breath and start to calm down.

"Lyle, we have children on the way, you can't leave right know, this pregnancy being so experimental I require you by my side." He took my hands and squeezed them tightly.

"I'll see what I can do, but for now I think we should get some sleep." He kissed me gently, "I love you Brainy." I pull him to the bed and plop him down, "I love you too."

I woke up alone with no one by my side. I knew he had left me but I had to make sure, I was about to activate my legion ring when I noticed his on the nightstand with a note. It read.

"I can't explain where I'm going, why I'm going, or how long I'll be gone. Just know that I love you and I'll try to be home as soon as possible. Forever yours
~Lyle." I ripped up the paper and threw it in the incinerator.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 01:49 PM.
Ivy #998376 02/11/21 07:59 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 7:

(POV Lara) The last few months had been a dream. Saving the life of a legionnaire and his offspring. Moving in with real heroes, there luxury apartment having great amenities. The twins nauseated me sometimes in the morning but that was nothing compared to hearing there hearts beating inside of me. I attended legion academy classes during the day, and had Science Police shifts in the evening and first half of the night. Everything was quite good in my life, and it continued being good even after Invisible Kid had disappeared.

I had been asleep when whatever happened went down. All I know is that Brainiac 5 suddenly showed almost no emotion at all. When I had asked about Invisible Kid he said he was on a mission, but not where or for how long. For the first couple days I tried to pass this off as a normal legion mission, but he never called or wrote from what I could tell, so I knew more was up. I tried focusing on myself, but everything about what was going on was bothering me, and I could tell Querl was hurting deep down.

"Querl, did Lyle leave you?" I asked one afternoon that we were both in the apartment. He didn't even look up from his work, he just answered in his monotone voice.

"If by leave the location where we were calling home is what you mean, then yes, if you mean to say that he broke off our relationship to each other then no."

This wasn't the Querl I had gotten to know.

"When will he return?"

All he had to say was, "Eventually."

This continued for another couple months, I started working with him on some of his projects once I took a leave of absence for my maternity leave. I learned about his troubled past and his absent mother. And the rare times he willingly brought up Lyle he talked about him with just as much passion as he puts in his work. But this was all on good days, and they were short and far in between.
I
admit I had started getting close to him, I am not sure if it was the hormones running through my vanes, the fact that he was my idol or just natural attraction but my feelings just kept growing for Querl. His intelligence, the amount of hard work he puts into the legion and his projects. Putting my emotions aside though, it hurt me to see him so depressed.

One time it had been a week since he had come back to our apartment and I started getting worried. I contacted the legion and they said he was really throwing himself at every possible assignment. I called the next day to check in and I was answered by founding member Cosmic boy himself.

"You are looking for Brainy, we made him take a mandatory day off about 5 hours ago, has he still not come home?" I close the transmission immediately and fly out of the apartment.

I'm quite lucky that there barely any Coluans on Earth, let alone Metropolis. I know there's a possibility that he is still on legion world but logic dictates that he does not wish to be found, and if he doesn't want to be found he probably wouldn't be at the place with biosensors everywhere. He could have thresholded to anywhere in the galaxy, but if you want to get drunk, and that's probably what he is doing, you go to Earth or Rimbor, so I'm checking Earth first because I'm hoping he was smart enough to not go to Rimbor.
I keep scanning and not twenty minutes later I find him. Deep in the most rough and ruined part of Metropolis. I enter the joint and start heading right to his location. The people around me look at me as a source of pity and as prey. One giant, red patchy skinned humanoid came up to me.

"Hello sweetheart, do you need directions, because I..." I fling him across the room without even stopping. I come up to Brainiac 5 and sit next to him.

(Querl POV) For most humanoids I should be drunk beyond compare, and I am. I've drank 5 mugs of Silverale, 12 shots of Braalian Moonshine and multiple glasses, shots, mugs, and pints of random stuff the bartender gave me. I estimate I will throw up in about 27 minutes and 44.9786 seconds. All I want to do right now is think. I shut my feelings off and just think. Lara came up next to me. She seemed very angry. She lifted me up from my chair and started yelling at me but I wasn't listening to her, I was thinking. She is a Coluan hybrid female who is carrying my children. This would mean she is my mate. I leaned in and kissed her.
She stopped yelling and stared at me.

(POV Lara) When I found Brainy he was wasted. I picked him up and started yelling,

"How dare you scare me like that, you can not afford to make such stupid mistakes, you are going to be a father and I'm not sure Lyle is coming back so you have to be there for your kids!-" and than he suddenly cut me off with a kiss.

I immediately pulled away. That kiss has made me realize that my feelings for him were only platonic. I picked him up and flew away. As soon as we reached the apartment he ran for the bathroom and started vomiting. He locked the door, probably wanted privacy. I was worried about him but I respected his wishes. He kept vomiting. After a while however I hadn't heard him throw up for a few minutes but he still hadn't left the bathroom.

So after another couple minutes I really started to get worried. I walked up to the door, I could hear him sobbing.

"Querl, are you ok in there?" He snapped at me through the door, "Go away Lara!"

I used my X-Ray vision and what I saw made me have to act. I punched the door down and in the middle of the room is Querl in a complete wreck holding a shaving blade. I whip it out of his hand and I start shaking him in tensely.

"Querl Dox, never ever try and hurt yourself again, you are to precious in many ways to many different people to hurt or kill yourself." But one look at Querl and I stopped shaking him.

Brainy was cry hysterically, not sure I had ever seen another Coluan cry before. I cry, but I was never raised like a Coluan, emotions were never discouraged, but Querl was, and yet here he was. In between horrible sobs he stated what was causing his turmoil.

"He's not coming back."

"He just left me."

"I loved him."

"He's not coming back."

"He's dead!"

I listened and all I could do was hold him and rub his back to give whatever comfort I could. After what was possible hours he started to calm down, so I took his hands and looked him in the eyes.

"You and I are very different from most Coluans, but we both are very logical, and the logical thing to do right now is wait, but live our lives even though it will be difficult."

He nodded but had one more comment.

"Do you think he's dead?"

I sighed, did some quick calculations a stated my conclusion.

"Insufficient data, but this is like the Schr?dinger's cat paradox. We do not know weather your partner is alive or dead until information is brought to our attention."

The rest of that night went smooth enough, I moved Querl to his bedroom and lay him down. He passed out soon after. I than opened a communication with Kid Quantum.

"Brainy, it's to early for this." I stayed passive.

"Actually I am Brainiac 5's surrogate, I have to request that he takes a couple days off for mental and emotional recovery, he is quite sick, if you truly, desperately need him with in the next 50 hours you may request his presence."

She looked tired. "Ok, may I go back to sleep now?"

"Good night Kid Quantum."

Ivy #998378 02/11/21 08:13 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 8:

(POV Querl) Not long after my breakdown Imra gave birth to her healthy baby boy Kirtor Ardeen-Ranzz. He is a red head with crystal blue eyes. Although there were no signs of electrokinesis yet, Irma did confirmed it had telepathic abilities, although to what extent would only be measured in toddler hood. I was appointed Godfather and actually took joy from this role. I was over a great deal to relieve them temporarily of there Parenting duties for a few hours or to enjoy Imra's company.

"Imra, is Garth still upset about your child being a single birth?"

She just gave me a halfhearted smile.

"His planets whole culture is based on having a twin. Everything comes in two's, and he knows the struggles single children have on his planet. I do think he is happy to have a healthy child however and is so far a great father, he's always there for our son."

I tried to hide my emotions as best as I could right then but I think she sensed my negative thoughts.

"Querl, you and Lyle will be great fathers to your children, I know it."

I let down my guard a little and speak my mind.

"Imra, he isn't even here, I don't know where he is, he might even be dead for all I know, he just got up and left, what kind of parent or partner would do that?"

I tried to hide my fears but Imra saw right through me.

"Lyle isn't your mother, he cares for you deeply."

"If he did, he'd be right here by my side."

Time continue to pass, Lara started to show and was only a few months from entering her second trimester. Ayla gave birth to a healthy Durlan/Winathian hybrid boy who physically appeared as a caucasian Human with olive hues, along with a few patches of green scales and no hair and blue eyes. They named him Ligrth. No powers were apparent but that could come in time.

About a week later Reep went into labor, an unknown complication accrued and he, Ayla, and Ligrth had to quickly be transported to Durla. I never learned exactly what went down, but after Reep gave birth the child needed extensive care because this Hybrid was unstable and needed further Durlan medical treatment. Being more visibly Durlan, the Durlan Secular group insisted that it only be seen in its natural form by other Durlans, it's parents and sibling. Considering normal Durlans do not gain full control over there shift-shaping abilities until they are three years old I doubt I will see this kid anytime soon. Ayla did say that it was born a hermaphrodite so they will be using gender neutral terms for the child until it chooses what it identifies more with. They named it Zhay.

I continued my active duties in the legion. With Lyle gone, and Chem on Paternity leave, there was an opening in the Espionage Squad and I decided to take it. Mostly you just have to keep an ear out for anything rising. Fatal Five attacking a spaceport, that's normal legion missions, but when supposedly regular people become trillionaires, or multiple people that have only one thing in common go missing, that's the legion's Espionage Squads job.

We meet up usually ever week, but not always on the same day and never the same location within two months. We discuss our findings, what it all means, if we should inform the rest of the legion, should the legion deal with it, or should we act.

I went on a couple outings with them, I found I quite enjoyed the job. Gathering information, usually not in life threatening scenarios, and tricking anyone we encounter to helping us bring down the corruption we wish to end.

Another meeting was assigned, this time at my old quarters on Legion World. I got there very early and made sure the room was secure so that no one would listen in. I was surprised when Chameleon was the first to enter.

"Chameleon, what are you doing hear, I thought you were on Durla with Ayla and the twins?"

"We returned a couple hours ago. There are two Durlan doctor on legion world now, they're looking after Zhay in the infirmary, Ayla is in our quarters with Ligrth resting, Durlans recover much quicker from child birth than humanoids."

"But what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I found out about the secret meeting and thought it would be nice to get back in the game, I'll be reporting back to normal legion duty after we finish up here."

I don't question how he knew about the meeting, Lyle and Cham often co-ran the team, they had there ways.

"Violet should arrive any second with the her plans, do you wish to take over?"

"No, I'll get back into the swing of things slowly, I'll take the leading position back at the next meeting."

Violet then appeared from what looked liked thin air until she was fully grown.

"Hi Cham, welcome back, how is Zhay?"

I was not offended by the fact she did not acknowledged me at all, Cham had been absent for over a year.

"Not great, but doing better."

Within ten minutes everyone had arrived and we were seated around an old workbench of mine. Violet started the meeting.

"First off, I'd like to welcome back our faith full leader."

Everyone applaud.

Violet then gestured to Karate Kid.

"Second, Karate Kid has joined our squad, welcome Val."

Val gave his quirky smile that often reminded me of Lyle. Violet continued.

"Now into business, one of Rimbor's most elite crime circles, the death clan, has risen 200 fold in the last 16 months, and rumours and tips are suggesting that, among other things, there is female sentient trafficking going on. We have no solid proof but I know where and when we can get some."

She brought up many holograms for us to observe.

"Tomorrow, the death clans highest members are holding some sort of gathering, it looks like a party, but we believe it's a front for finding more buyers for there illegal trafficking. We must strike tomorrow or else my source goes cold."

We all start talking strategy. Violet asks Tinya about her knowledge of Rimbor's clans, Tinya responds that maybe they should bring in Timber Wolf since he has the most up to date information on the clans. Violet says that neither Timber Wolf or Ultra boy could go because they'd be to recognizable, than the whole room looked at me.

"Brainy, maybe it would be best if you were the guy behind the scenes, you kind of are the only Coluan in the galaxy with facial implants."

"Over the past year I've been experimenting with my implants, and I discovered I can use my force field to create an altered image of my body."

I decided to demonstrate, I pressed one of my implants and concentrated on what I wanted to look like. Everyone gasped, before them I know looked human, no implants. I had slightly darker than caucasian skin, and black wiry hair, my height and facial features were still my own however.

"Now may I be on the ground mission?"

Over the next 12 hours we all rested and did our normal legion routine. Than we met up with Shikari in Val's dorm on legion world. I was in a 26th century human tuxedo with my image inducer activated. Sensor curled all her long tail in and made the illusion of her as a young humanoid female with short white hair, blue eyes, and caucasian skin. She also wore a long red dress. Chameleon morphed into a Dominator. The girls all got into power compatible dresses, and Val wore a servants outfit.

With the help of one of my devices Shikari was able to open a threshold outside of the target building. Violet instantly shrunk down to insect size, Triad split into her three personalities, and Apparition sinks into the floor. The rest of us spread out. Violet reminded us of our goal.

"Our target is different files, documents, or oral communication that there's illegal sentient trafficking, the man hosting this gathering is our best bet, the Carggite named Mr. Presen. He had connections with Leland McCauley / Ra's al Ghul's abductions and experiments, The only reason he wasn't arrested is that file evidence could never be located."

I started surveying the grounds, everyone was talking to each other on what they were seeing and overhearing. I was doing the same. This was definitely a cover up for sentient trafficking, but it seemed so easy to get in, Rimbor really was the worst crime heap in the galaxy.

Everyone's dialogue seemed to be in code, they would ask a question and if you didn't answer the way they liked they'd quickly leave to go to the next person. After two people I managed to crack the code. A Rimborian approached me and asked the question, my response must have been satisfactory because he than showed me a hologram of a girl.

"She's 15, Human, but she has been activated."

"Activated in what?"

"I changed my mind, I don't think you would be interested."

"No, I am interested."

"Good day Sir."

He than left, but I still got good news for the squad.

"I believe that everyone's information on what they are selling are on holographic files. If I can have a secure computer in this compound, I can hack into everyone's files and find something incriminating."

"Apparition is on it, but Querl, can you search specifically for things to incriminate Mr. Presen. We could arrest everyone here, but if he gets away, he could start all over."

"Understood, just get me a computer to work from that's connected to the main frame."

"I found one Brainy, come to my location."

"On my way Apparition."

I used my legion ring to track hers. The signal took me to an empty balcony above the conference. Apparition was in the corner by a terminal. The computer is old, maybe 15 years old, a lot of advancements had happened in the past 4 years alone.

"Nothing from this century Tinya?"

"Sorry Brainy, this is all I could find that you'd be able to access."

"Understood, keep mingling, I'll do my part from here?"

I started hacking. Getting into the computer was a breeze. Hacking into everyone's holograms was slightly harder for me, emphasize on slightly. I started digging and within five minutes I had enough incriminating material to have every person here, and many more, except for Mr. Presen and one other guy. Someone called Mr. Vinstrykir. They were both squeaky clean, I could only find invitations to this very event from Mr. Presen, and I could only find mentions of this guy.

I notice that the computer starts trying to kick me out, someone must have noticed my hacking. I simply bypassed whatever they threw at me and continued hacking.

I then noticed my console sparking. There was a 51.3668% chance that they must have tracked my interference to this location, and without being able to stop me in the digital world, they were trying to stop me in the physical world. The console was about to self destruct. I quickly stepped away from the computer, and for my safety and to not blow my cover I placed a sound proof force field around it. As I suspected it exploded, but no one heard a thing.

Though since they had tracked me to this console the balcony probably wasn't safe anymore. I floated down nonchalantly and re-entered the crowd.

"Team, I have enough evidence to arrest everyone here and more, except for Mr. Presen and someone high ranked man named Mr. Vinstrykir, I have all the data saved on one of my implants and I'll send it off to the Science Police as soon as we're done here."

"Good job Brainy, that's a win on its own, but we do need something to incriminate Mr. Presen."

"I know Cham, I could probably have found something but my console was taken out."

"I have an idea."

"What is it Viol-"

Suddenly the coms went dead. I could not allow panic to ensue. I look around to assess the situation for any possible threats. It was possible that we were all discovered. As I look around I see Karate Kid, he seemed to be talking into his com. I continue looking around and I spot Tinya, also talking into her com.

So it is not a coincidence, I was personally being isolated. There were two most likely scenarios, either the death clan were targeting me for some reason, or my team don't want me knowing something. Both have the same solution.

Casually I touch my hidden implants, I command them to unscramble my com so that I could listen in. Everyone was talking back and forth to each other.

"Are you sure that it's him?"

"He's my best friend, I'd know him anywhere?"

"Has Brainy seen him?"

"I can't tell."

"Neither can I."

"What do we do, do we complete the mission?" I did not understand who they were talking about so I tried to ask.

"Team, we have a mission, no familiar could jeopardize-"

Then I saw him. Lyle. His hair was black, short, and slicked back. He was wearing glasses, and behind them his eyes were a different colour, but they were staring right at me. He's talking to the target, Mr.Presen, on a raised platform. I start walking straight towards him.

Everyone was now talking on the coms at one time.

"He sees him."

"Querl, don't do this."

"Brainy, stop!"

"Someone stop him."

"On it."

No one else is paying attention to me as I walk towards Lyle. He is no longer looking at me, all his attention is on Mr.Presen. I know Lyle though, he's panicking.

Violent grew to full size, which caused some gasps in the crowd, and she started pulling on my arm, desperately trying to pull me back. I activate a force field that encases her.

Now the whole room is in a frenzy, but I just float up to the platform Lyle was on. I grab him by the arm and force him to look me in the eyes.

Both my hands are firmly holding his arms so that he can't escape me. His eyes are green like mine, but I know it's him. My aggression, agitation, annoyance and anger is just barely over powering my will to kiss him.

"Mr. Vinstrykir, do you know this man?"

"Why yes, I believe I do. This I think, is the Legionnaire Brainiac 5 in disguise. If he is here there are more. Security!"

I'm furious, but I know he is undercover for Earth Gove. I try to get control of my emotions. I release Violet who shrinks out of visibility, than I punch Lyle in the face forcing him back.

Many thugs start towards me. Cover obviously blown I send all my information to the Science police, although being Rimbor it will probably take a while for them to arrive. There are estimately four dozen guards and thugs almost at my location, but I am not alone. Right on cue my fellow legionnaires reveal themselves and the fight becomes more even. Seven vs fifty, we've got it.

Lyle and Mr. Presen ran out of that room, normally I would have to run after them to bring them to custody, but I have to respect that Earth Gove would not pull Lyle out of retirement for nothing important. I deactivate my image inducer and join the fight against the thugs. We also managed to apprehend some of the criminals that were higher up in the abductions and trafficking.

It was only when the science police arrived and we let them take over that we noticed Violet was missing. I had to hope it was on her own will. We still couldn't find Violet so the rest of us went to the rendezvous point. One call away from Thresholding out.

"Sulu, where are you?"

No answer.

I was just about to activate her rings tracking beacon when she flew over in an ant size form. She than grew to her normal height.

"Ok, I got the information we need, Shakari!"

Seconds later a threshold opened and Shakari exited. One by one everyone went through until it was just me and Shakari. I keep staring at the building we just exited. She followed my gaze.

"Green Legion, Vanishing Legion is in their."

"I know."

With that, we both walked through the threshold.

When I emerged to the other side everyone had gathered around Violet, so I joined them.

"Sulu, where were you that you couldn't answer your coms and took so long?"

Chameleon wasn't mad, just curious. Violet handed him some paper files.

"I realized Mr. Presen didn't have his files digitalized or else Brainy would have found them. So there must be paper copies. With his operation being invaded by us I guessed he would try to secure them. I followed him and when he retrieved his files I knocked him out and took the ones in his hands. It's not all of them, but it's enough to get a warrant to get the rest and arrest him."

Cham was flipping through the pages as she spoke, but than he froze.

"Cham, what's wrong?"

"The normal sentient trafficking isn't why Mr. Presen and then death gang have been having such an increase in funds. These records say they've been doing female sentient trafficking for over 5 years. There's been such an increase because they've been trafficking sentients with inhumanoid abilities."

Sensor gasped, so did one of Triads bodies, but the rest of us looked at one another. We had to continue this somewhere else. We were all at the threshold port on Legion world so it was very crowded. We headed towards a Legion specific area were there would be almost no civilians. We hadn't entered that hallway for 30 seconds when Imra flew from around the corner towards us in a panic. I than realized she was flying towards me. Cham stopped her but she tore away from him and hobbled over right to me. She grabbed onto me for support, she was shaking.

"Imra, what's wrong?"

"Lara, she's very sick and they think she and the twins are going to die!"

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 02:27 PM.
Ivy #998382 02/11/21 08:19 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 9:

I did not wait for the end of the debriefing; I just took off after I asked Imra the most important question on my mind.

"Where?"

"She was thresholded to Legion world infirmary-"

And I was off. I flew as fast as my Legion ring allowed. I eventually realized Imra was right behind me so I let her catch up.

'What happened?' Was all I could think. She responded telepathically.

'I was visiting Ayla in the infirmary when we heard what was happening. Lara was having a friend over when she suddenly became extremely pale and weak and then collapsed. She was taken to a near by hospital, but when Dr.Gym'l was contacted he insisted she be thresholded to him here. He is currently assessing her.'

We continued to fly in silence until we reached the room Lara was being looked after in. The door was locked. From the window I could see Lara on a bed, unconscious, the palest green I've ever seen. The doctors were trying to insert IV's and other medical procedure devices but were failing to penetrate her invulnerable skin.

Dr. Gym'll sees me and acknowledges that he'll be out with me as soon as he could. Then I just turn around. I see that Ayla is sitting on a chair outside of Lara's room, she is now standing up and walking towards me.

"Brainy, I'm so sorry."

"Ayla, what are you-?"

I'm cut off by Chameleons high speed arrival. He slows down his flight than lands next to Ayla. I'm confused to why he's here as well.

"Why are all of you here?"

Cham steps forward.

"Because Lyle is my best friend, these are his children, you are is lover, and you are also my friend."

"And Imra and I are your friends too, we're all here for you Querl."

And with that they all came around me and hugged me. I normally would not appreciate this kind of attention, but I needed there comfort. I felt like crying, but I had more control than that. We all just stayed in that hug, there comfort and stability was something I had been missing since Lyle left, I needed a new anchor and they were providing one.

The hug eventually broke up, but I took Imra aside and gave her a second hug. It was much shorter than the previous one, but no less meaningful.

"What was that for?"

"For being a good friend."

That's when Dr. Gym'll exited Lara's room. He looked very concerned as he came towards me.

"What is wrong? Is it her, the twins? Both? Will any of them make it? Who am I kidding, you probably don't even know what's wrong because you can't scan her invon-"

"Actually, we know exactly what is wrong, we didn't need any scans or blood test to see the problem."

"What than? What is wrong?"

Gym'll sighed, and gestured for me to come to the window. I came over, on his tiptoes he pointed at Lara on her bed.

"Take a good look and your 12th level butt should figure it out."

So I do. I stare and stare. I start going through every possible infection, disease, and medical compilation that could possibly effect a Coluan-Daximite pregnancy and cause her current symptoms. I also had to factor in possible in the womb complications that could be effecting the human-Coluan twins. Than it hits me. I take a look at Lara's belly and I understand what Dr. Gym'll meant.

"I gave the twins different percentages of Coluan DNA so there at drastically different stages of development. The one with less Coluan DNA is almost ready to be born, while the other is barely in the third trimester. The two conflicting pregnancy hormones and sizes of the children are causing the problem, but what can you do?"

"Nothing, we would need to remove one or both kids and that would require red-sun beams, which in her current state would kill her and possibly the kids. If we leave her the twins will certainly die and possibly her. I'm sorry but a decision must be made very soon and she is in no condition to make the choice for herself."

"Well obviously we just have to take away her invulnerability."

"As I just stated, red-sun light will almost certainly kill Ms. Gozzel."

"I said take away her invulnerability, not necessarily red-sun light. Daximites power comes from yellow sunlight and there bodies absorb it like batteries, what few people know other than Daximites is that red-sun light is the only light that drains powers, every other type of sunlight there bodies feed off the stored yellow sunlight, powers weakening over a significantly longer period of time."

"We don't have any other light synthesizers other than yellow and red."

"Than we must transport her to Colu, our sun is green and they will have the technology to figure out the problem of the twins aging at different rates."

"There isn't a moment to lose than."

Dr. Gym'll quickly started preparing Lara while I got in emergency communication out to the Colu high counsel.

"I need Medical One to prepare for my surrogate, there's-"

A counsil member cut me off.

"Medical One is currently experiencing a minor crisis, with the importance your child holds on the planet we request that you instead go to the leading medical facility on fertility, pregnancy, and birth."

"Fine, fine, but they need to save the twins and the surrogate."

"Understood, I'll relay the message of your arrival and terms, I'm sending the threshold location."

That ended the transmission. When Shakari arrived, myself, Shakari, and Lara on a floating stretcher were taking to the closest Thresholding chamber. We rushed through and were greeted by a Coluan Doctor and several medical robots of varying purposes. They all swarmed Lara, pushing me and Shakari out.

"That'll be all Shakari, tell Imra, Ayla, and Cham that I'll be ok, and tell the legion I might be gone for a few days."

"Yes Green Legion."

With that she stepped back through the portal. I ran to catch up to Lara and the Doctor.

"She need access to our sunlight if you wish to do anything with her. The problem is that one of the child's development is faster than the other, the faster one is almost ready to be born, while the other is barely out of the second trimester."

"Leave it to us professionals, we will contact you when we have a verdict."

"But-"

"Wait here."

With that they entered a room and the door shut in my face. There wasn't really anywhere for me to sit, and if I was left on my own with nothing to do I would most likely get depressed by the situation. So, despite the request of the Doctor, I start walking. Not yet knowing the layout of the building I just walk. Glancing at a sign I learn my location and every location of the building, but I still just walk. I'm trying not to think about the last hour. I saw Lyle, almost failed our mission to get closer to that abandoning sprock, then Lara entered a critical condition thanks to my miscalculation almost 18 mouths ago.

I eventually approach a corner and hear two people talking to each other.

"I can't believe that it's true that the offspring of Vrax Gozzel is in the building."

"I know, it is a shame really, this is a respectable establishment yet there's a filthy hybrid giving birth to more hybrids."

"What do you mean, those rumours aren't true, the fifth of the Dox line is not mates with a human, those are just Ancite gossip, along with any rumours about Querl being a, you know, a homosexual, his mate is Lara Gozzel and the children will only have minor Daximite recessive genes. That is all."

I turn the corner, the two nurses look at me surprised but do not interact with me. I'm used to this behaviour already however. Every Coluan talks about the Dox's but almost never to them. I'm insulted on how the high council handled the truth of my partnership but now there was something on my mind that I needed to check. I keep walking until I find a computer and activate it.

"Dox, Querl, fifth in the brainiac line, 12th level intelligence, high level clearance, what can I help you with?"

I input my response.

"Topic restricted, try another search."

"We'll see about that."

After two minutes of excruciating hacking and bypassing I learn the information I was searching for. I'm satisfied but then something one of the nurses said pops back into my head, so I type in 'Kajz Anc,' than leave.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 02:37 PM.
Ivy #998383 02/11/21 08:22 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 10:

I head back to outside Lara's room. A couple more minutes pass and the Doctor comes out.

"Well, the robotic medical team and myself have stabilized Mrs. Gozzel, but the chemical surgery to increase one of the twins development and slow down the other will take a few hours."

"I'm sorry, what did you say? You can actually change the rate at which my children age?"

"Correct, slowing down the aging process has been apart of Coluan science for over 900 years, but if you read any home world news you would know that it's only recently become legal to use in medical emergencies."

I had only been giving updates to Colu ever since Lyle left, not listening to any discoveries or news.

"Now, I need you to stay in the facility until the surgery is completed."

I nod my head, however the second that he re-enters Lara's room I turn around and head for the exit. There's something I've been putting off since I first had excess to Coluan archives. As I exit the building I activate my flight-ring and head in the direction of Kajz Anc, my father.

I am surprised that his residence is in one of the very few country side homes. 85% of Colus land is covered in dense cities of mega skyscrapers, some of the cities even go over and into the oceans. The last 15% is farmland and regular houses. My fathers house is one of the few.

I approach the house but than a sudden amount of fear overcame me. I stand right in front of the door, petrified. I have done nothing but the door opens anyway, startled I jump back a little.

I expect Kajz or some other adult opening the door, but instead I'm looking down at a kid about 24 year old, approximately 8 human year equivalent. She looks up at me as I look down at her.

"Shouldn't you be in your bubble at school?"

"No, I have sleep school naps, mama and daddy teach me and Olurna the rest."

In the past education would be a computer program imputed into your dreams on several planets, but it was replaced with bubble education on Colu when the sleepnet was created. But no Coluan is ever taught by there parents.

"Ok, is your father home?"

It just came to me that this is my sister. She turns around.

"Daddy, a brainiac is here."

"Swijnya, get away from the door!"

With that panicked cry the young girl backed up a little. Than a man, not much taller than myself, with yellowish-blonde hair and beard, and the same green eyes I have came dashing into the room. Swijnya backed away, the man looked like he was ready to fight but as soon as he saw me he relaxed.

"False alarm Jnya, he's a good Brainiac."

"I'm sorry to cause such a ruckus, Mr. Anc, being the highest secondary counsel member must leave you quite busy so I won't take up much of your time. You see I'm here because I'm, um, well I'm your-"

"You are my son."

I am shocked but only by so much.

"Jnya, dear, go get your mother from the field and your sister from her nap."

"Yes Daddy."

And with that she skipped off, I'd never seen a Coluan child THAT happy before.

"I know you are my son because you were born 26 months after I donated my DNA and at your trial many images of you were released and you have a striking resemblance to my father, all that and the fact of why would a Brainiac visit me?"

"You were sure convinced a few moments ago that a dangerous one was at your door."

"Yes, well, balance of probably stated that you were your mother."

"I got that much. I just wanted to-"

With that I was pulled into a tight hugged. Violent memories from a similar event flash through my head, but they soon pass as I truly realize that I'm safe in my parents arms. The hug continued a little bit longer then he let me go and patted me on the back.

"Let's sit and talk, I'm sure there's a lot to get to know about each other."

With that he lead me to a living room and we both sat down.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 02:43 PM.
Ivy #998384 02/11/21 08:27 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 11:

"So, you know I'm on the secondary counsel, what else do you know about me?"

"You are 118, turning 119 two months from tomorrow. After completing primary sphere education you went through one of the most prestigious schools for biological subatomic-engineering, passed everything with relatively high marks. Started a job under said profession than dropped everything after getting permission to go off world. You got two foreign degrees, one in inter-planetary economics, the other in multi-species cultural studies which you than taught at Colus only school on foreign studies once you returned. You started a movement to integrate other species into Colu along with furthering the treaty between Colu and the United Planets. You eventually ran for office and you got elected, you've been rising through the ranks ever since."

"That's a pretty good summary of my education and status, but that isn't who I am. I could ramble on about all of your educational and Coluan social status for possibly half an hour, but I bet we could talk for days about the stuff that really matters, the topics that make us who we are."

I'm somewhat shocked. I sit patiently for him to continue as Swijnya, the girl who I assume is Olurna, my other sister, who appears to be 9 years older than Swijnya making her the human equivalent of 11, and the woman who I could only guess is there mother walks in. They all sit down, Olurna and her mother next to my father, and Swijnya sat next to me, this made her mother look nervous but she kept a warm smile on, none of this seemed to bother Swijnya who just looked back and forth between myself and Kajz.

"My father, he groomed me to be a head scientist or high counsel men since birth. The second I showed an interest in atoms when I was two he was set that that would be my profession, only allowing me to take the minimal of other studies. I never wanted to be a bio-engineer. I don't want you to feel bad but I donated my DNA for the money, I was saving to get off world."

"No, I understand, I didn't know the reason but I assumed you, or whoever, had donated for it for the money."

"Well, after I graduate I took my degree to its natural profession, it was the longest two years of my life, saving up, I was also waiting for permission to leave home world without forfeiting my citizenship."

"How did you acquire said permission in such a short amount of time, they wanted me gone but they hate letting anyone else go."

"If you state that you're pursuing an education, even one they do not necessarily approve of, they want you to get it and return as soon as possible so you can share your new found knowledge and experiences through the sleepnet if need be."

"And you studied fields of the outside worlds, and when you returned, besides teaching what you know, you also started a movement to further integrating Colu into the United Planets, why?"

"Colu has been in the shadows for over 1000 years, we are biologically more capable of being far more intelligent than every other species in this Universe, yet other species have almost caught up. That doesn't bother me, what bothers me is there are those that suffer when we have the answers, and other planets even have answers to some of our problems. If we open up our borders than all of Colu and the Galaxy could vastly improve."

"You are on the secondary counsel, don't you have the ability to make a hearing for your chase?"

Kajz because slightly agitated, though his agitation seemed to be fueled by passion and ambition.

"Yes, I have far more than enough supporters inside and outside both counsels, but it takes years for the high counsel to get around to the different requests, decrees, and bills. If I could get a unanimous vote or a seat on the high counsel my proposal would be heard immediately and dealt with. However I've been passed for a seat three times despite being the highest member of the secondary counsel."

"Yes, suspicious."

I causally touch my flight ring.

"Could you ask for an emergency vote amongst your own counsel for a seat on the high counsel."

"I could only do that in emergencies, it doesn't matter however because I should be seen in a week. Let's change the subject a little, I met Driproqui at the School of Foreign Studies. She helped me start the movement, we were married five years later."

I nearly drop dead.

"Married, Coluans choose mates sometimes when they wish to have children, but I have never heard of a couple to be married on home world."

His wife spoke, her voice was soft, kind, and nurturing.

"We are well aware, but when we reached a certain milestone we realized we wanted to stay together no matter what, children or no children, of course we did want children anyway. So we had a private ceremony, brought an official to make it United Planetary recognizable and we've been together ever since."

"That's, that's just so inspiring, I haven't even really used the boyfriend turn for-"

"Lyle Norg." My father says.

"It's ok, I support your life style, mine isn't exactly traditional either."

Swijnya spoke up.

"Talk about us, talk about us and the farm daddy."

"Well when me and Proqui decided it was time to have children we wanted them to be able to run around and have fun, so we bought this land, Proqui devoted herself to the farming life, and we came up with an education plan that wouldn't have them in a sphere in the city all the time like almost all the rest of Coluan children. We also conceived them naturally, so that's why they are both girls."

"I had been wondering about that, I had to choose the gender of my children when me and my partner were creating them, but I picked it at random."

"How is the development of your children going? I had heard that the counsel had put out a order for the next Brainiac, I'm sorry that they must have put that on you very suddenly."

"There have been some complications, that's why I am on Colu, I overlooked the fact that the twins having different human DNA percentages would also mean they would have different development rates, one is ready to be born while the other is quite premature, the doctor is trying to speed up the development of one twin while basically putting the other in stasis until it's ready to be born."

"If the children are going to be born soon, shouldn't Lyle be by your side?"

I look down, my father can tell there is something bothering me, he turns to face his children.

"Olurna, Swijnya, I think you should catch up on your education of the day, why don't you take a nap."

Olurna got up and started heading for the stairs, but Swijnya just shifted in her seat next to me.

"Jnya?"

"I want to hear more about Querl, he is a Brainiac and my brother."

A smile escapes my face.

"I will answer any question you want to ask later, now go learn."

"Fine."

With that she scoots off the couch and heads upstairs. Once she was gone, Kajz and Proqui moved closer to me.

"What has happened to your spouse son?"

He sounds so genuinely concerned, I'm still not sure if I can trust him, so I'll tread a little lightly, it will be nice to get stuff off my chest however.

"I honestly don't know, he had to take an assignment with no contact with his normal life until his job is complete. He couldn't be here anyway."

"Why not?"

"I know they tried very hard to cover it up but do you remember my trial about three years ago?"

"Yes, I've been trying to collect as much information about that trial as possible, what is its relevance?"

"Well, amongst other things, one of the conditions for my freedom is that Lyle isn't in any content I send to Colu and that he never steps foot on Colu either."

Proqui started tearing up and than spoke.

"That bloody counsel, so many people were against our marriage, but they are going to prevent your partner from attending your own children's birth, do you even know when his mission will end?"

"Thank you for your sympathy, I do not know when or if he will return, but a recent event would suggest within a month or two."

Suddenly my flight ring goes off.

"Will you just excuse me for a moment."

"Yes, there is a room right through there."

I nod, get up, and head to the room. I will a sound proof force field around myself and answer the transmission.

When I finished I returned to the living room.

"Sorry about that, I was just getting an update on something."

"You are a Legionnaire. No questions are necessary."

Proqui gestured to a plate she is holding out to me. On it are little pastries that contain produce grown on there farm.

"Try one."

I pick a smaller one and take a bite. The first taste is quite pleasant, but the fallowing taste is so bitter that it takes all my 12 consciousnesses to not spit it out. I instead put the rest down and swallow what is in my mouth.

"I know they aren't perfect yet, but I've only been experimenting with baking for a week."

"You made these yourself?"

"Yes, I-"

Suddenly several Coluan special agents burst in wearing special black glass helmets. They flash a bright light that instantly dazed me and I lose all my senses, it takes all my will power to not fall unconscious and I mange to fight it off, but when most of my senses return I realize power-blocking cuffs have been placed on me and my father and stepmother are knocked out.

"Querl Dox, 5th of the Brainiac line, you are under arrest for having one of your conditions be broken."

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 02:55 PM.
Ivy #998385 02/11/21 08:29 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 12:

(POV Querl)

I was dragged against my will by four of the special agents to a warp pad. The pad flew us to a super secure Colu holding facility. When we arrive only one agent escorts me, I think about trying to escape but as soon as I try to move other than in a straight line I realize that I can't.

"The cuffs are controlling your force field implant. You can only walk towards the cell."

"You must release me, I am the designated Dox, our species needs me."

"For now."

What was that supposed too mean? My mother was released from her duties the second I was born, did they plan on doing the same to me? I don't want that for my children. Or could they possibility mean that they were trying to find another means of solving the unsolvable? We keep walking, finally we reach what seems like an extremely secure cell, even for my standards. As the agent opens the door I realize that it could be a significant amount of time before I'm released.

"My surrogate is most likely finished her surgery, which means she could give birth at any minute, you must release me, or at least explain why I am being imprisoned."

He shoved me into the cell and started hooking my cuffs up to chains on one of the walls. The open door is the only light source. From this temporary light I can see that there's another prisoner on the wall opposite to mine, but I can't even tell what species they are.

"You are being imprisoned on account of one of your condition from your trial two years ago being broken. You will remain here until the counsel comes to a decision on your fate, my opinion you should rot here you filthy homosexual."

With that he left and with the cell doors closed the room was pitch black. I thought I'd be alone with my thoughts to think of a way out but that was immediately fictionalized by one word of a familiar voice.

"Querl?"

I'm frozen, at least I know what condition was broken. Lyle came to Colu and is now my cell mate.

"Querl, is that really you, I came as soon also heard about the twi-"

He might have continued talking, I have no idea because I'm now screaming my head off at him. I ran at him as far as the chains would allow, he should be counting his lucky stars that I couldn't reach him.

At first I just scream, but it soon turns to me yelling more specific things at him.

"You sprocking nass, you left me, you left me when you said you wouldn't, you left me to traverse the road of expectant parent on my own. I became depressed, I nearly, I nearly k-but Lara was there, than she got ill. Do you know who was there for me than, Imra, Ayla, Cham, but not you. You haven't been there."

"Do you think I had a choice, the second I received that transmission I was on the job."

I can hear him messing with something, causing light clinking sounds. All I can think about however is how rage filled I am.

"Oh right, your mission, well let me take a crack at it. A trusty business partner of Leland McCauley/Ra's al Ghul and his gang start rising in wealth with nothing incriminating tying them down, they're kidnapping mostly humanoid girls, activating inhumanoid abilities and selling them through a third party. Mr. Presen runs it but you can't find anything to bring him down, well guess what, all his work was on paper and Violet found it in minutes. There, I've solved all your problems in a day when it's taken you about a year and a half, you left me for something your own squad solved in hours Lyle, hours."

I kneel down.

"Do you think I wanted to leave, especially for so long?"

His voice sounds shaky and he's breathing heavily, I can still hear the clinking sound.

"No, I think that you didn't even try to fight."

"Well I did, I've never so much as questioned them in the past but I begged them to let me stay! They just had, leverage."

"What could they possibly have had that would have taken you from our growing family?!"

"THE DEATH CLAN HAD MY BROTHER!"

I was silent, Lyle almost never talks about or too his adoptive family, all I really knew was that his brother had a shady death and that after it Lyle distanced himself from there parents. I'm still furious, but at least I see where he's coming from.

"You still left me."

I say this more softly while trying to hide the pain in my voice, tears start to sting my eyes.

"I know."

His breathing still sounds shaky and heavy, besides that I hear no other sound other than him messing with his cuffs and chains.

Time passes, I try and regain control of my emotions, admittedly this is by trying to shut them off which worked so well before me and Lyle became a couple, now the more I try the more I feel like breaking down to tears.

I think about Lara who's most likely woken up and would be alone in a hospital on a foreign planet, or worse. She could also be in labour which would mean that Lyle coming here was causing me to miss the birth of our children.

'CLANG!'

"I managed to figure out how to pick these high tech cuffs."

I hear him walking towards me, "Don't you dare come close to me."

He stops.

"Don't you want your cuffs off, it won't give you your powers back, I think the cell itself is doing that, but it'll let you move around."

"Fine, just don't touch me so much if you can."

He walks over to me and finds me. As he touches my shoulder it sends shivers down my spine, the first real time we've touched since the night he left. He lets go once he's found my cuffs.

I can feel that it's not just his breath that is shaky. I feel what I believe to be a drop of water on my palm.

"Lyle?"

He doesn't respond.

A few moments later I feel another couple of water droplets, I know why he's shaking.

Just before I can ask my cuffs fall off.

"There, your hands are free."

"Lyle, are you crying?"

As far as I can remember I had almost never seen Lyle cry, he always pretended to be completely emotionally stable.

"I'm backing away now."

A can hear him backing up. I can't lose him to the darkness, so I reach out and grab his arm.

"No...wait."

I stand up to his level. I bring my hand to his face and touch it gently. His cheeks are soaked with tears.

"Querl, I- I'm-"

I press my lips gently up against his. It was just a brief kiss, I put my forehead to his.

"I missed you so much Lyle."

"I missed you too Querl, I missed you so much you have no idea, and I am so sorry, I can't ever apologize enough to make up for what I did and did to you."

"I know, we'll really have to discuss it later but I just want to hold you now."

I hold him in my arms and he holds me.

"You looked good as a human, was it a new trick that you learned?"

I laugh, probably for the first time since he left.

"Yes, I've been experimenting with my implants."

I kiss him.

"Please tell me your hair still isn't black and short."

"Why, you don't like it, it will grow back."

He kisses me.

"It made you look like a gangster, I want you to be you."

We kiss again.

"I love you just the way you are too Brainy."

I know he says 'Brainy' on purpose. We start making out.

We haven't felt each other in so long, just being able to touch one another is exhilarating. I can put my hands through his new length of hair, and he rubs the back of my neck with his fingertips causing a shiver to go down my spine.

I want to keep kissing him, I want more than that, but there's something I need to tell him. I pull away.

"Lyle, I don't know how much time we have until we're released and there is something I need you to do, something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

I pull the side of his head closer to my mouth.

Moments later the doors open, the sudden existence of light is blinding. I step back, shielding my eyes with both hands. Several guards walk in.

"There has been a vote amongst the high counsel, with the alien integration law being passed it is agreed upon that singling Lyle Norg out would be breaking its code. You are both to be escorted to the Birthing Hospital."

I turn to Lyle, I can finally see him in the light. As he walk out with our escort I take his hand and whisper into his ear.

"You eyes are still green."

For the first time in two years I get to see his signature smile. What is the saying, smiling is contagious.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 03:05 PM.
Ivy #998386 02/11/21 08:31 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 13:

(POV Lyle)

I've missed Querl so much, he can be a thorn in my side but he's a thorn I've missed having by my side. I can never tell him about the things I've done, the people I've seen, but I still wish I could tell him everything.

Than again he will never forgive me for excepting another Black Hole mission, let alone the other stuff I've had to do. At least Jacques is finally returned to our family, with my cure and medications he'll never be forced to do any of Black Holes dirty work again.

My eyes are still green because they were surgically altered to be so and I have yet to have the time to have them surgically altered back to brown.

We reach Lara's hospital room and Brainy enters first with me close behind.

"Lyle?!"

I had almost forgotten what Lara had looked like, than again she no longer looks like the super energetic women I met almost two years ago. Now for one thing she's huge, which is what twins will do to you, but she's also looks tired and paler than I remember.

"Hi Lara, when I got back to earth and heard what happened to you I came as fast as I could. How are you feeling."

"Horrible, but that's better than how I was a few hours ago."

Querl's legion ring flashes several times. He looks at it, than at me, touches his ring a few times as well, than takes a ring, my ring, out of a poach and tossed it to me. I'm speechless, I thought for sure he would have destroyed it. I'm about to say my gratitude but he is currently by Lara's side.

"The doctors say that the twins are now the exact same age and they took my request to make them age at a human rate. They have also told me that you are going to be fine but will have to give birth naturally, do you have enough strength?"

"I will have to-"

Suddenly a Coluan man with a surprising amount of facial similarities to Brainy minus the beard barges in.

"Querl, I did it, once I regained consciousness and learned what happened I demanded emergency power and called for a vote on my bill. I got your case to be re-evaluated."

"I knew it must have been you to have done it father."

Lara and I must have been on a similar page because we both said the same thing.

"Father?"

"Everyone, this is Kajz Anc, my father. Father, this is Lara Gozzel my surrogate, and Lyle Norg, my, um, boyfriend."

In the past three years of us being together I had never heard Querl refer to us as boyfriends.

Kajz reached out his hand and I shock it.

"It is an honour to meet you sir."

"It's good to finally meet you too lad, I need you to promise me though that you will be a better partner to my son and be the best father you can muster."

"I promise sir, your son is my rock and these twins are my world."

Brainy, who looks close to crying, steps in between us.

"Speaking of the twins, since you are here there is something I must ask you Father, somewhere more private. You don't mind, do you Lara, Lyle?"

Lara looks from Querl, to me, back to Querl. Her face clearly expressing how she does not wish to be left in a room with a strange man, that man being me. She lets out a sigh.

"It's fine, just don't be to long."

"I'm fine with it to, it'll be nice to catch up with Lara."

"Ok, this won't take long."

With that they left. I sit down on the chair farthest from her in hope the space with satisfy her.

"Where were you?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me Lyle. No matter what anyone says I know you weren't just on some big legion mission. You and Querl were so in love before you left and than one day you are gone and he becomes lost in his own misery and depression. So what was it. You are in uniform now so that means the Legion took you back the second you returned so it was something they approved of in the end. I've read your file, what you did in your adolescence and early adulthood was chalked up as Earth Government employee, but I know it made you crazy rich, so most likely a very dangerous line of work. Is that what this was all about, because even if the government forced you to do what you did it still had the same result. It broke him."

"I know what I did can never be forgiven or forgotten, you and Querl will never be able to fully trust me again, but I never wanted to leave, I came back as quickly as I could, and all I want to do is take that year and a half back and do it over again with you, the Legion, and the man I love so dearly. But I can't, so what I'm going to do now is this; thank you Lara, thank you for looking after him, for being with him, helping him through his darkness, you did all that while carrying our children and following your own path. So again, thank you.

Tears fill up her eyes, and if I'm being honest I am crying too. But seconds later her face scrunches up and she starts breathing heavily.

"What's wrong?"

Through her breathing she spoke.

"I think my contractions just started."

(I haven't done one of these for this story because I feel it breaks the pace but this has to be said, I know relatively quite little about child birth, so to not get anything wrong or offend anyone, especially women reading this who have given birth, I won't focus so much on the birth but more the story and its characters. Thank you and enjoy.)

I panic slightly, I only just got released from my duties less than a day ago and now I'm about to be a father when it wasn't supposed to happen for quite a few more months.

I activate my Legion ring and signal for Querl.

"Querl, get the doctor, it's happening."

A doctor, Querl, and quite a few robotic nurses came rushing in. The nurses started preparing the room for child birth while the doctor started scanning Lara. Querl came to my side.

"My father and I were separated, Lyle I think he's lost and I need you to go find him, quickly."

"Querl, I hardly think this is the-"

"Now!"

With that I leave as quickly as possible.

(POV Querl)

Lyle left the room practically running, I can only hope he's fast enough.

So much is happening so fast. Lara's contractions become rapidly closer and closer. Her invulnerability was low enough that the doctor was able to give her an epidural.

Everything was going smoothly enough when the door opens.

"Lyle?"

I turn around in horror however to be staring into the eyes of my mother. Brainiac 4.

Ivy #998387 02/11/21 08:32 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Chapter 14:

Before I can even move an inch a stasis field was put around me, causing me to not be able to activate a force field of my own or even move for that matter.

Facing the door I can't see much other than my mother, who doesn't even resemble the woman who attempted to murder me over five years ago. A minor change would be that she finally appeared to be looking her age, 132, a human equivalent of about 47. However a major change would be that she had seemingly shaved all her hair off to make room for huge implants in her head and face. She seems to have optical implants as well, along with some on her hands that seemed to go up her arms but I can't tell for sure because of her sleeves.

"Querl, my idiotic predecessor. I'm so surprised that you are surprised of my being here, if you used even one of your consciousnesses you would have realized I was here and perhaps even my plan."

As she moves, her stasis field moved me so that I'm able to look at her directly. I am now able to see some of the rest of the room. All the robotic nurses have been deactivated and the doctor was chaining Lara to her bed and was currently gagging her and turning on a red sun lamp. The colour started draining from her face.

"I have been waiting almost two years to enact my revenge on you and the Legion. I organized the circumstances perfectly. I arranged for you to produce an offspring to emotionally compromise you and set up my final act. Bankrolled the Rimborian Death Clan and gave them the requirements necessary to capture Jacques Foccart to insure that your beloved Lyle Norg would leave you, emotionally crippling you even further. My original plan was to travel to Earth when she went into labor and deal with you than the Legion but I almost felt joy when my lackey informed me that you were coming here and that he had redirected you to this isolated building. You're own stupidity brought you to me, and months ahead of schedule."

I was getting quite frustrated and desperately wanted to move or shout at her.

Suddenly the doctor pulled out a huge scalpel.

"Don't worry Ms. Gozzel, with that paralyzing drug I gave you a few minutes ago you won't feel a thing, however you will bleed to death soon into the procedure."

My mother stud next to Lara who had fear petrified on her frozen face.

"Your birth took all my Coluan and Dox rights away from me, now the birth and death of your children, plus your own death soon after will take everything away from you. I will take my rightful place as designated Dox back and overthrow the High Counsel."

With that said the doctor began cutting into Lara and quite soon he held my twins in his arms, Lara's monitor went dead.

"It a boy and a girl, congratulations my supremacy."

He hands her the two breathing babies.

"This one has your eyes. I can't believe it, I'm a grandmother."

She kills them both.

"Oh well, not anymore."

I suddenly have the ability to speak, so I scream.

"Really Querl, even you can do better than that, speak your minds. I can only feel pure evil as you know, so explain to me how this effects your mood."

"You're a monster, a sprocking monster!"

"Go on."

"How could you even do this, you were securely locked up.?"

"Half the High Counsel work for me. The second in command and everyone under him secretly arranged my release and made sure it was kept quiet."

"That's all we needed to know, Sensor!"

As the illusion dropped some drastic changes accrued to the room. Lara and her bed vanished along with the twins, and next to me now stud my favourite pink and white mutant snake with arms and hair.

My force field being active the entire time I expand it, breaking my mothers stasis field.

"Impossible!"

My mother is steps back in complete shock.

"Mother, you are Coluan, if you had used just one of your eleven consciousnesses you could have figured it out. Legionaries!"

With the combined effort of LeViathan, M'onel, Ultra Boy, and to my joyous surprise Andromeda, the levels and roof above my level were lifted off and tossed aside.

To my horror my mothers reaction to her new situation was maniacal laughter.

"If it is a fight you all wish for, it is a fight you shall all get."

All her implants began to glow and she began to take off, I was just about to bubble her in one of my force fields but she short laser beams at me from her eyes, allowing her to escape that room. My force field deflected her shot and I flew out after her.

As I ride to a greater height I could see that a small army of mind white triangle followers were fighting not one group, not a couple of groups, but all the legionnaires. I rightfully join the fight.

"Her implants are like mine, only less advanced, they will draw on her own bodies energy, keep her using her powers and she'll pass out or at least give you windows of opportunity to get blows in."

I had known something was up before I even came to Colu. I might not have paid much attention to what was happening on Colu but I had arranged from day one if something was to go wrong with Lara on earth that she would be treated and give birth at there head medical facility here, and if something compromise that facility at any point they tell me immediately. So when the second in command of the High Counsel stated it was unavailable I knew something was up.

Once I knew that Lara was in temporarily good hands with the robotic nurses and surgeons I hacked into the planets mainframe. I search all possible threats and found out that nothing was wrong with the head medical facility, that the building Lara was being treated at was practically abandoned and had very few staff, that many of the High Counsel had old ties either to White Triangle or my mother herself.

I wasn't able to find out if my mother had escaped prison but the likely hood was too great. I sent a message out to legion discussing my situation and how I planned to handle it. I also arranged for Lara to be escorted to the head medical facility for a Caesarean section once Sensor had cast her illusion.

They accepted my plan and confirmed its details and there approach while I was at my fathers. I filled Lyle in while we were in our cell and asked him to be Lara's guard as she's escorted to the head medical facility. I filled my dad in once he arrived at this hospital and tasked him with making sure the route out of the building was secure, and for him to watch over the twins once they're born. I had my final update from Sensor to let me know she was in the room and that the illusion was up. Now everything was going according to my plan, not my mothers.

A zap of electricity flings by my ears, I'm about to yell at Garth/Ayla for reckless aim but I realize that it's coming from my mom, that must be what her arm implants are.

"I really appreciate you all coming, although isn't that a bit reckless?"

Kid Quantum is the one to answer that question.

"And miss seeing the twins of the biggest egghead on the team, no one wanted monitor duty, so we put Chuck and Officer Erin on it, also Rond Vidar insists on coming so he's with your Father and Lyle."

The fact that everyone is here is just amazing, even my only friend before the legion decided to come despite the danger.

"Garth and Ayla, can you try to short-circuit my moms implants."

"What will that to do to the ones in her head?"

"I don't know, it shouldn't kill her and she's already quite mad."

"I'm not crazy, I'm just all a brainiac should be, emotionless, determined, and not you!"

She dives at me, dogging all my fellow Legionnaires attacks. I time my force fields activation and angle just right that when she runs into it she's deflected hard towards the surface. However one of her White Triangle soldiers catch her and the fight continues.

I fly out to Andromeda who's fighting the Daxamite population of my mothers army alongside M'onel and Ultra Boy.

"I can't believe you are here, what does your religious leaders think of this?"

"I'm glad to see you too Querl, they're mad but I don't care, the fight between your mother, The White Triangle and the two of us has always been super important to me, I wouldn't miss this fight for all of Daxam."

M'onel gets sucker punched in the face, Andromeda continues talking to me while we fight.

"We could really use some more heavy hitters to deal with these Daxamites, also congratulations on becoming a dad."

"How do you know if it's happened yet?"

"Turn around Querl!"

Flying at me at top speed was a fully suited up, not pregnant Lara. She hit the guy I was flying so hard that he just skidded down to the ground.

"Lara! Shouldn't you be in bed recovering?"

"Nope, once they stitched me back up, by the way the children are perfectly fine and heathy, they gave me the same yellow-sunlight pill they gave M'onel and Andromeda and I was ready to fight. How do you like my costume?"

I give it a quick one over. Purplish-punk seemed to be its main colour scheme although the cape and boots were white. It had cute long puffy sleeves and the body was of her family crest, the bottom lead into a kind of skirt similar to Andromeda's did.

"Lara, you look like a legionnaire."

"Call me XTC."

"Alright than, XTC, help take out the Daxamites, I need to-"

I'm suddenly dive bombed, I panic for all of a second which is all it takes me to realize that I can't see what hit me.

"Querl, for Valor sake they're beautiful, absolutely beautiful, they're both girls, and oh I am so happy!"

Lyle kisses me and I kiss him back but quickly shove him away.

"I'm still very mad at you, keep your head in the fight, Dad."

His face becomes visible just long enough for me to see his signature smirkish-smile.

"You called me dad."

"That's what we are now, so don't get killed or you'll really regret it."

"On it, Pops."

We are really going to have to have a long discussion on what our proffered title will be, but that will have to wait until later.

The fight continues, my mother keeps attacking from a distance with several of her White Triangle members in between her and us. Slowly however the number of conscience White Triangle members starts to dwindle until it was just her.

I fly up to her level. She looks exhausted, her implants must be completely draining her of energy.

"Mother!"

She shoots a big blast of electricity at me, I deflect it.

"Mother, you conceived and gave birth to me in the hopes that it would let you feel something, you gave me up because that plan failed. After trying everything you discovered that doing harm and evil awakened something in you."

"And it will awaken even more when I finally kill you, useless vegetable!"

She shoots a laser beam from her eyes and I once again deflect her attack, I also move closer.

"It might, but can't you see what that awakening means on its own, it means that somewhere deep inside your brain is the potential to feel, not just villainy and hate, but love, sadness, joy, fear, and hope. Consent to letting my friend explore around your psyche in an attempt to free all your emotions."

"Never you selfish brat, why do you think I've invested all this time into villainy once I unlocked this emotion and never tried to unlock more, I do not wish for any other feeling to cloud my intellect. As a Brainiac I was born for greatness, you were born a failed experiment, incapable of my love."

She shoots one final burst of electricity from her implants than she collapses, causing her to start a drastic decent to the ground. I swooped down and caught her. As I slowly descended downwards with her unconscious body in my arms I spoke.

"You may not be able to love me, but despite all that you have and haven't done to me over the years you remain my mother and therefore I love you. I also hope that one day, after extensive therapy, you will change your mind and except psych help. Maybe one day you'll even love me, you're grandchildren, and your family."

When I get to the surface I hand her off to a large group made up of Doctors, roboticist, and Science Police officers. I don't want to deal with her anymore today. Instead, surrounded by every legionnaire and extra, I fly off to meet my children.

After letting all the Legionnaires wait outside, with just me, Lyle, Kajz, and Lara in the room with me and the twins we finally invite everyone in.

Lyle holds up our daughter with the least amount of Coluan DNA, with Human and Gryxian filling in the gasps up for everyone to see. She has light green skin, pink eyes, and brown hair with pure white streaks through it.

"Everyone, meet Francine Dox-Norg, she's named after the woman who raised me. Jeka and Cham, would you do her the honours of being her god parents?"

Cham walks over while Sensor slithers beside him. Cham reaches out his arms and Lyle gently places Francine in his arms, Jeka just stares and stares completely awestruck. She is the first to speak followed by Reep.

"The genetics of this child are so different from each other that it should be impossible, yet she resides in Chameleon's arms, she is a miracle. I would be honoured to be her God mother."

"Dude, I'd be honoured to be its god father if you promise to actually meet my children."

"Of course Reep, you know how guilty I feel about missing there birth."

Now I'm holding up the child I have in my arms. Her skin is closer to a normal Coluan but still a bit lighter, Yellowish-blonde hair with small darker highlights, and her right eye is green, while her left brown.

"I'd like you all to meet Imara Norg-Dox, the eventual Brainiac 6. She is named after her two god mothers, the two women in my life who are like sisters to me and pulled me out of my own BS multiple times. Rond, as my first true friend I'd also like to ask you to be godfather. Do you all except-"

I was going to finish with responsibility but Lara cut me off with her response.

"Yes!"

Imra and Rond also stepped up.

"Of course I except Brainy, I also think of you as my brother, only a extremely annoying brother."

"I except your offer as well Querl, thank you."

Lyle picks up the Francine and steps next to me. We speak together.

"Everyone, as the legion of superheroes, you are are the guardians of the universe, welcome its two new members."

Everyone, including me and Lyle, chanted our signature line.

"LONG LIVE THE LEGION!"

Ivy #998388 02/11/21 08:34 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Epilogue to this epilogue:

(POV Querl)

It has been a couple weeks, with so many counsel members being charged with corruption and conspiracy it was almost a brand new counsel and they forced me and my family to stay while it got settled. I now stand before them however with a life changing proposition.

"High Counsel Men and Women of Colu, I have served you well in my life so far, so I have a request to ask of you."

"Speak Fifth in the Dox line."

"It has come to my attention that you can alter the aging speed of any living thing, I understand how this must stay secret from the universe and that we can't play Gods, but I wish for you to alter my aging rate."

"It is already on the schedule to increase Coluan lifespans to that of estimately 900 years, your wish will be granted."

"That is appreciated but not what I wish. At there current rate, all my friends, my lover, and my own children will die before I even truly reach midlife. I am asking for you to give me a human life span."

"You are to valuable to this Planet, you are already almost 52, that means you'd have estimately 20-40 years left of life."

"No, chronologically I'm almost 52, but physically I'm only about 20. If you allow me to age as if I were human from now on I'd still have most of my life ahead of me."

"60-80 years is still far less than what you would have had."

"I understand, but it means far more to me to grow old with those I love than to die over a hundred years after them."

"Fine, your chemical surgery will be arranged."

Hello everyone, I'd like to thank everyone for reading, my previous story has recently reached 400 views and I'm so proud. Leave comments with your questions, any spelling error you find, or just simply a comment. If you have enjoyed these two stories don't worry because there is plans for an epilogue to this epilogue called "Lyle 5: Repercussions." Thank you all again and keep and eye out for the third, and possibly final entry to this series.

Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 07:10 AM.
Ivy #998389 02/11/21 08:34 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Character info: Lara Gozzel:

Before I begin I just want to say that this character is based off of XTC from kingdom come. She's the daughter of Brainiac 5 and Supergirl.

Vrax Gozzl, I misspelled it Gozzel and kept it, is one of the few coluans I could find on the DC database wikia. I just picked a random coluan and Daxamite to be her parents. Cara Yat is who I chose to be her mother.

Species: Coluan-Daxamite

Skin tone: Mint green

Hair: dark blonde

Eye: yellow

Heritage: Her mother, Cara-Rea is a Daximite that was part of the xenophobic terrorist group the white triangle who ended up in United Planets jail were she met and had a child with Coluan Criminal Vrax Gozzel.

Given Name: Lara Gozzel

Alias: XTC

Affiliations: Science Police, Legion Academy

History: Both being criminals in prison there daughter upon birth was supposed to be sent to her closest relatives to be raised, but both planets, hating other raises, rejected the hybrid so she was raised on earth. Being raised under the rays of a yellow sun allowed her to tap into the majority of her Daximite powers. Her intelligence and processing abilities are quite heightened thanks to her Coluan DNA. Being half Daximite meant lead was extremely deadly to her and she was raised in a lead free environment. When she became 44 years old (22) the legionnaire Brainiac 5 invented a cure for lead poisoning and she was free to explore all of the Galaxy. She traveled and tried to do good when and where she could, inspired by the legionnaires she dreamed of becoming one. The only problem was she did not have full control of her powers and was rejected. She joined the science police instead and when the Legion Academy opened up to train young heroes to be legion ready she applied and started attending classes taking the alias XTC.

Attached Images Screenshot 2021-02-12 155051.jpg
Last edited by Ivy; 02/12/21 01:51 PM.
Ivy #998438 02/12/21 05:41 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
poke

Ivy #998441 02/12/21 05:48 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Brainiac51 InvisibleKid1

Ivy #998501 02/14/21 10:45 AM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
New reader of the second story, leave a comment letting me know what you think. Any spelling or continuity errors, what you like/dislike, and any questions you have. I love feed back.

Ivy #998662 02/18/21 03:15 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
500 views, that is so amazing! Thank you everyone, it means a lot.

Ivy #999923 03/17/21 03:47 PM
Ivy Offline OP
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Over 600 now. Any new readers let me know what you think or if you have any questions.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,107
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Blind Poet
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
antacidlass
antacidlass
wherever acid reflux lurks
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star