Roll Call
0 members (), 30 Murran Spies, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/02/24 12:15 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:41 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/02/24 11:40 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:09 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:07 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 11:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/02/24 10:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 37 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/26/2020
Omni #996168 12/26/20 06:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
As the fog cleared Invisible Kid took stock.

"Dune, are you and Night Girl on Anndranna?" Invisible Kid used the communication system on his holo-Omnicom.

"I am. Whennn the ssshi--p was ttrannssported it arrived hoveringg over Anndraopolisss. I'mmm flyying the ssshi--p bacck to the ssspaceporttt." Dune choked out his grains finding it harder to work together.

"Good work, Dune. We'll meet you there to help get Lydda to the Med Bay.? Invisible Kid responded.

"Tthankk you...Lydddyaa? Wwhatt arrre you doingg? Ahhhhh-aaa" Dune yelled over the comms system before the commlink went dead.

"What was that?" Saturn Girl asked as she began casting her thoughts out to try and reach Night Girl.
"Spaceport team, beware possible hostile incoming cruiser. MHS issued.? Invisible Kid called over the planetary commlink.

?NO NEED TO CALL OUT AN ALERT! I'M RIGHT HERE AND I'M COMING FOR YOU!" Night Girl's rage-filled voice boomed over the cruiser's loudspeaker before weapons began firing on them.

The entire training field began to scatter and take up defensive positions. Amber threw a glob of amber at one of the cannons clogging its opening. While Ferro flew up using his flight ring and punched the other to bits. Night Girl fired off phaser rounds from the cruiser's top deck at rapid-fire at Slipstream who had been rushing sentients away from the training fields along with XS. While also unleashing the robotic arm and claw against Ferro pushing him to the ground. Density ran over and shifted down as low as he could to increase his strength and pull the claw off of Ferro but wasn't having much luck. Umbra blasted the cruiser in shadows extending them around the entire cruiser to block every sensor it has.

"Umbra, are you sure that's wise? She's going to be super strong against anyone going in there." Invisible Kid cautioned.

"It's the only thing keeping her from being able to fire at the moment." Umbra said, pouring her shadows on.

"THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK!" Night Girl slammed the control panel in the cruiser. Smashing it to pieces. Which set off every defense it had as well as began to crash it into the ground.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 06:59 PM.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #996169 12/26/20 07:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
"Look out!" Gossamer screamed running to push a couple of cadets out of the way.

While Invisible Kid pushed Umbra out of the way as she refused to break her shadows. Density was finally able to lift the claw that had anchored into the ground but it wasn't enough to get Ferro clear. Quicksand flew over on his flight belt after dropping a couple of cadets off who had been caught in the crossfire.

"Let me." Quicksand rested his hands on the claw and steadily melted the claw down.

"Be careful Wel4d. That metal looks hot and I don't need more metal melded to me." Ferro cautioned his iron eyes wide.

As Quicksand worked to free Ferro from the robotic claw the cruiser began falling from the sky while all of its weapons fired out of the shadows that still surrounded it. Rounds of ammunition, energy blasters, lasers, photons, and anything else it had.

"Computer, Emergency force field at the training fields. Surround cruiser 456 in free fall, use Officer Umbra's dark field to locate precise points!" Invisible Kid called out to the A.I. computers who ran the training fields as a last-ditch effort to save all of them.

Night Girl smashed her fist against the front window of the cruiser tearing it apart and jumped out just as the force field raised around the cruiser. Night Girl landed inches away from the crashed cruiser. Inside the force field, the cruiser continued to fire. The force field using Umbra's dark field as a guide created a fully enclosed force field ball that once it hit the ground began rolling away.

"We've got that one!? Density yelled out. He, Quicksand, and Ferro flew off after the bouncing cruiser.

"Aww, some of my classmates have gone away...Oh well, I'll get them later. I'm going to get all of you for thinking I'm not strong enough! ARGGGGGG!" Night Girl screamed, running from the clearing smoke that had escaped the force field, before striking Gossamer and knocking her out.

"Not gonna zap me this time, waif." Night Girl kicked Gossamer's legs aside making her way towards Umbra and Invisible Kid.

"Lydda, this isn't you. Now stop this!" Invisible Kid implored her but Night Girl didn't respond. She just kept on coming, slowly stalking towards them enjoying the shade cast from all the debris that had fallen off of the cruiser before the force field closed around the cruiser. All of it happened to be tall enough to cast big shadows that left her energized and increased her super-strength.

"I'm sorry what were you saying about this not being me? That I'm not angry that I wasn't chosen to be an alpha, to begin with? That I'm not on the main squad? Tell me, what I don't have to be angry about!" Night Girl said through gritted teeth. Her normally perfect midnight black beehive of hair loose and falling around her shoulders.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 07:05 PM.

Omni #996170 12/26/20 07:08 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
"Absolutely nothing." Saturn Girl said from behind Night Girl using her telepathy to mask her presence from Night Girl.

Saturn Girl's eyes glowed bright pink. All of her concentration was fixed on Night Girl who began falling over in pain. Saturn Girl pushed hard to enter Night Girl's mind to get past the weird psychic energy of those crystals Mordru was collecting from Thanotopsia. After several moments, Night Girl finally fell to the ground unconscious.

"Thanks for the save and glad you could finally join us Imra." Umbra said brushing herself off.

"Sorry, I had to stay out of sight. If she saw me I'd be one of the first to go. Just like Gossamer was. Gossamer shocked her unconscious on Thanotopsia. That's why she targeted Slipstream over XS even though they were both doing the same thing of rescuing the other officers and cadets. Whatever those crystals do to sentients makes it hard to break through all the rage. It also doesn?t allow me to be delicate. I was practically beating her with a psychic club." Saturn Girl rubbed her temples trying to release the tension of using so much force.

<Density report in. Is Dune alright? He was inside the cruiser with Lydda.> Saturn Girl thought out.

<We finally caught the force field ball and were able to stop it. But the explosion rages inside. We have to wait for the last engine to blow and then we can lower the force field.> Density responded over the team?s telepathic earplug commlinks.

"KABOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Off in the distance, the thunderous detonation of the exploding cruiser erupted into the air. Its light and smoke could be seen as far as 100 clicks away behind the shimmer of the force field as it expanded outward. Slowly the smoke and fire inside began to die without any oxygen to feed it. The force field lowered with a slight sizzling sound. Laying there in the middle of the wreckage and turned to glass from the extreme temperatures of the explosion was Dune's frozen form.

< Dune's been turned to glass.> Density reported.

"Live Wire, report to the training fields! Your assistance is needed." Invisible Kid contacted him through the mission monitor room by tapping its app on his holo-Omnicom.

"On my way!" Live Wire's voice rang out through the floating speakers.

"Is everyone alright?" Captain Allon's image popped up on a giant holo-screen.

"We will be Captain. We have to get Lydda to the Medical Bay and keep her sedated until we can clear her of an infection she received from our mission to Thanotopsia. She's not contagious. We just don?t know how to treat her yet and Live Wire is on his way to help Dune who's been turned to glass. I'll send you our mission brief shortly.? Invisible Kid responded by taking responsibility for what happened here.

"Thank you Invisible Kid. Do what you need to do to help out Night Girl and Dune. Keep me updated." Captain Allon gave a small smile, his brown eyes full of concern before cutting the transmission.

"I don't think today could have gone much worse." Saturn Girl approached Invisible Kid and Umbra while Amber helped Gossamer up and Slipstream and XS worked with the training fields medical staff to help move Night Girl to the medical bay.

"Saturn Girl, I know we should be counting our blessings. But by my ancestors we both know this day could have been much worse had things escalated with Mordru and Fireball." Umbra said.

"Agreed and I think we better keep an eye on her." Invisible Kid chimed in.

High above Anndraopolis a stream of fireballs flew through the night sky behind the enraged Alpha cadet Fireball.

"I will save you, Mother. You and all of Thanotopsia!" Fireball thought to herself flying fast and hard through the sky. With each passing moment, the fireballs increased in number and size until finally Fireball just stopped mid-air in front of a mountain range in the undeveloped wastelands.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Fireball screamed in anger, fear, and frustration. Her eyes burning bright red and her normally golden tattoos were now glowing a similar shade. She began firing every fireball she had created on her flight at the mountain's side.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 07:12 PM.

Omni #996171 12/26/20 07:21 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanotopsia:

Mordru sat inside the ruined blackened palace of Thano on the smoldering royal tribal throne. Its wooden frame creaking and cracking underneath his weight as he adjusted himself trying to get comfortable.

"This world is rife with magic bleeding out from my Blood Crystals." Mordru spoke to no one in particular.

"Yes, My lord. It is. Eye hadn't paid attention to it while Eye was here earlier in my search for the Blood Crystals. These beings are filled with a magical rage and their fiery powers seem tied to it." The Emerald Eye slowly rotated around the subdued tribal leader of the Thanotpsians.

"Yes, those tattoos she bears are ancient magical protection spells...haha to ward off evil. As if their ancestors knew evil." Mordru laughed, mocking the tattoos. They were no guard against him. Against evil. He would know.

"To think all those centuries ago when I seeded these crystals and their ancestors doing their very best to cast me out. Only to have me return disguised as their savior from the evil. I gave them these tattoos as protection from me. I taught them how to make and apply them using the Blood Crystal shard shavings they would need to harvest. I'm so glad they kept the tradition alive." Mordru's eyes flashed with a golden light that surrounded tribal leader Wenndezz Sunrizze. Her tattoos began to glow and pulse its golden light growing with each pulse until in a burst of golden light tribal leader Wenndezz Sunrizze body had been transformed. She now stood at 8 feet tall, her slender but muscular body replaced with thick muscles that were clad in reddish-golden armor. Boots that went up to her knees, a golden skirt of chainmail attached to a belt. Her sword holstered at her side. Chest and backplate armor with large shoulder spikes. On her head, she wore a large helmet that only revealed her glowing golden eyes. A large mane of red hair pulled through the top creating a mohawk.

"Come to me my Golden Blood Warrior!" Mordru's smile grew while looking at the giant hole in the center of the tribal council room. A crimson glow emanating from it before turning his attention to her.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 07:22 PM.

Omni #996172 12/26/20 07:53 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Anndranna:
Roll Call:

Spark - Ayla Ranzz - electrical generation and manipulation. Of Winath U247
Gossamer -Ayrla of Dyrlia - Gravity negation.
Swap - Gil Swanson of Earth -able to switch people's powers at will, must touch a person to do it. Flight. Invisibility

Spark flew over the extended training fields that had been constructed around the training center now that Anndranna had begun to expand and rebuild its capital city. The training center was located on the backside of the Meta-Human headquarters connected by a large interon-plexiglass bridge. The fields stretched out towards the first of the United Planet's habitats being constructed. Spark flew fast as she could on her flight ring but gracefully around the large fields looking over the cadets who were practicing.

"Where is he? The mission monitor feed said he was here. How hard is it to find a white-haired muscular sentient.? Spark thought to herself. It had been months since Cadet Swap had switched her and Gossamer's powers. But every time she tried to find him, either Ayrla wouldn't be available, usually because she had to go on a mission or he couldn't do it because of his powers not working when he tried. Then the invasion happened and that put this problem on the back burner for everyone except Spark.

"I just want my powers back. I don't want to go to Korbal again." Spark thought to herself thinking back to the last time she was there being revived by her teammates.*

"Ayla! Ayla! Down here!" Gossamer's slender frame and frizzy puffball of white hair bounced around while she waved from the target practice field. Gossamer was tired from her missions but she had hoped it would relieve some of the stress she had been feeling about the academy.

"Ayrla. Good, you're here. Have you seen Swap? I was hoping he'd be up to trying to switch us back." Spark landed her gaze running across the fields still never once looking at Ayrla.

"I haven't. But I've been busy. I just got back from a pretty heavy mission or rather missions. But look, my shots have been getting better. Look!" Ayrla turned, her slender alabaster fingers swirling with white-hot lighting before hitting the holo-bullseye. Scorch marks running across its surface.

"Nice. Remember to build the charge though. You were supposed to have a higher wattage on that." Spark did her best to be nice and encouraging about the use of her powers. But seeing them used and not by her made her even more agitated. Especially when she looked at the bullseye's wattage meter beeping that it wasn't high enough.

"Shoot! Thanks, Ayla." Ayrla smiled at Ayla who still was scanning the fields for Swap.

Swap flew the field invisibly making his way towards the habitats. Every time Spark saw him all she ever wanted to do was have her powers switched back. He wanted to but for whatever reason, he couldn't make it happen and since the end of the invasion, he's done his best to stay busy.

"Sprock! Every time I even try to get some downtime Spark comes flying in. I wish I could switch the two of them back. I really wish I could. What's wrong with me? Maybe I should call my dad. He helped give me these powers. Maybe he knows why they are not working." Swap thought to himself, continuing to fly off.

Then Spark remembered that Swap has the ability to turn invisible.

"Swap! If you're out there you better not be avoiding us!" Spark screamed.

Spark scanned for a moment longer before breathing heavily and taking off. Sending a few bots flying up into the atmosphere that happened to be in her path. Her gravity powers activated automatically with her aggravation growing.

"Talk to you later Ayla." Gossamer gently waved knowing Spark hadn't heard her say anything. Gossamer turned back to the bullseye and fired off another blast of electricity, her anger and sadness busting out and short-circuiting the bullseye's meter.

*Spark lost her powers after the DCU events of Genesis and going beyond the source wall. Then in Legion of Super-Heroes vol. 4 issue #101 Spark goes to Korbal to try and find a way to get her powers back. With the help of her teammates, they restarted her lightning powers.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 08:09 PM.

Omni #996175 12/26/20 09:34 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Earth's Moon: Lunar Base.
Roll Call:

Leland McCauley entrepreneur -Billionaire in space travel, weapons both legal and illegal. Chemical warfare.
Karate Kid -Val Armorr of Omega Colony of U247? master of all known martial arts.

McCauley walked down the sterile corridor from his office to the Work Force's meeting room. It had been a little over a week since he gathered his team of security to guard against all threats that his normal guys couldn't handle like the threat of Mano who he knew was just biding his time before he attacked again.

To his left walked Val Aarmor aka Karate Kid and to his right Tiger Girl.

"Sniff. Sniff. All Clear." Tiger Girl declared stopping McCauley and Karate Kid in their tracks before she let them continue around the corner.

"I would hope so Tiger Girl. why don't you walk a little head and that way I won't get any more wrinkles in my suit from you abruptly touching me." McCauley cautioned. His agitation growing.

"Why did I higher that animal again?" McCauley fixed his suit jacket.

"Sir, she can hear you."

"Like I care. She needs a job and what I have to offer."

"Yes, and you need her to protect you. I would suggest not berating the person who's doing so. But to answer your question it was her ferocious takedown of those mutated pack of dogs on Angtu at your recent Neo-molecular and transportation plant opening." Karate Kid cautioned.

"Breath Val. Breathe deep and let go of the anger." Karate Kid thought to himself trying his best to remain calm.

He had put up with a lot of injustice and plain old rudeness and selfishness in his time with McCauly in his home reality when he was apart of the WorkForce there and to have to go back to it now after being with the Legion and experiencing a higher purpose, it was taxing on him, to say the least.

"Ahh yes. She did take them out without much of a problem. I suppose you're right." McCauley adjusting his rimless purple lenses walking just enough in front of Karate Kid to remind him of his place.

Tiger Girl entered the meeting room first her red body crouching and sniffing the entrance before standing at attention next to the door. McCauly walked in briskly taking a seat at the head of the table. The small meeting room had one wall that was made of glass allowing for a view of the rotating Earth below. McCauly had almost every room on Lunar Base constructed this way to always have something pleasant to look at or distract him from any unpleasant business.

Before him was his Work Force.

"Mr. McCauley, thank you for taking the time to meet with us. We've worked out a roster for security detail. You will always have two of my teammates at your side at all times." Evolvo smiled bowing his large cranium.

"Only two? You do understand what I'm dealing with Evolvo, right? I sent you all Mano's files, did I not?" McCauley's agitation was growing.

"You did Sir and with all due respect, I do understand. I've made sure every pairing is for optimal protection. But with a smaller squad, it is the most efficient model to use. We don't want to overwork the team. If we did that we wouldn't be able to be at our peak of protection services. I've also mixed in members of your regular bodyguard staff." Evolvo tried to appease McCauley but he knew there wasn't much chance of that. In the short time since he had arrived at Lunar Base, he had become acutely aware of Leland McCauley's short attention span and temper, a constant need for validation, and his ever-growing need for control and to not be challenged.

"Fine. That will be fine. I guess. But know if I require more of you at a moment's notice then you better be there." McCauley looked around the floating table each of his employees nodding in agreement.

"So you've all been here a week. How do you find Lunar base?" McCauley switched gears and did his best to come across as nice.

"I love it, Sir." Bronto, a giant green-scaled lizard-like creature responded its gruff and raspy voice slithered out.

"Great training center sir. Better than the Magno Ball Leagues?. A thousand times better." Repulse answered. His magnetized monocle riding along the metal ring circling his head. His left eye underneath it fluttered adjusting itself.

"Your security could use some work though." A deep husky voice replied from around all of them.

McCauley instantly stood and began slowly spinning his cufflinks before tapping them together to form a force field around himself. Karate Kid stood ready waiting to strike as did Tiger Girl. Repulse shifted his interon bodysuit's arm into a blade while Bronto jumped on top of the floating table, his claws drawn ready to slice. While Evolvo worked on his Omnicom trying to find where the signal was coming from. The only one who remained seated was Hilda Creen of Janda also known as Mnemonic Kid. She waited patiently for the voice to appear unfazed by its sudden announcement fixing her thick mane of black curly hair.

"Well, that's much better. But Could still use more firepower." The voice said. A shimmer of four neon outlines began to appear.

"Who are you?" Leland McCauley shouted at them.

"I'm Minister Crugg of the Khundian Empire. But you may call me Amilia." A 7 foot tall large muscular yellow-skinned woman with short reddish-brown hair. She wrapped herself in a long grey fur-lined cloak. Stepping forward she revealed thick silver gauntlets that adorned her wrists that extended up covering her muscular forearms. Her stance was regal in the black and brown dress she wore under her cloak with thick fur laden boots that went up to her knees; which were covered in silver pads. At her feet sat a large beaver-like creature who was snarling and baring its fangs. Its claws dug into the pristine floor repeatedly. While two others stood at her side silently.

"What are you doing on my base?" McCauley spat out his blue eyes wild with anger.

"I was sent here to help...protect you." Minister Crugg chose her words carefully. She had been warned of Leland McCauley?s temper but she also had to control her own.

"I've got protection. Thank you." McCauley said, looking around at his team all of them ready to strike.

"I was sent by your partner." Minister Crugg said carefully, looking McCauley in the eyes. Her eyes grew wide with the excitement of the fear and rage that ran across Leland McCauley's face.

"I see." McCauley lowered his force field slowly. His eyes never left Minister Cruggs'.

"These are my associates, Firefist and Titan Girl."

"And who's the...creature digging up my floor?"

"Ah. Oh, that's Chomper. My pet and transportation." Minister Crugg patted Chomper on the head gently. Saliva dripped from his large open and sharp tooth-filled mouth as its blackened tongue hung out.

"Now, let's get back to discussing your base's security measures." Minister Crugg held out her hand as FireFist helped her take the floating seat at the head of the table where McCauley had been seated moments ago.

The WorkForce members all relaxed from their battle positions and retook their seats around the table with Karate Kid and Tiger Girl returning to the sides of the door. While McCauley snapped his fingers summoning more floating chairs.

"Amilia Crugg is here...this can't be good. The Dark Circle can't be far behind." Karate Kid thought to himself his hands behind his back twirling his cloaked Legion Flight Ring using it to mediate as he formulated a plan to possibly contact the team.

Last edited by Omni; 12/26/20 09:43 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/27/2020
Omni #996220 12/27/20 04:02 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Earth: United Earth Council Headquarters: Member Bert Stewirt?s Office:
Roll Call:

Lamprey - Tayla Skott - of Earth - Breath underwater. Controls water and electricity through her "Water Shock", electrical current from within the water while it flows that allows her to shock her targets with it. can not generate water.
Golden Boy - Klint Stewirt of Earth. - can turn anything into gold.
VR - Flip Smooth- of Earth able to create virtual images/ holograms through his visor and gloves that he can control and make them tangible. Tends to make weapons like guns and tanks and walls for shields.

"You guys will love Ramsey X's! It's not only the best restaurant in Metropolis it's also the most expensive. I've eaten there at least twice a week since I was 10. My dad and I come here and always order the same thing. The Winathian twin blooming onions with the Vulna-5's Vegauras meat, which is a huge plate by the way. Like the size of your torso big!" Golden Boy boasted to his new teammates as they walked through the hall of his father's office at the United Earth Council building.

"Thank you for bringing us!" Lamprey gushed a little bit looking around at the holo portraits of former Earth Council members. Small sculptures of great landscapes and spaceships lined the walls as she twirled her long green hair around her fingers.

"Of course Tayla. What are teammates for." Golden Boy wrapped his arms around her shoulders giving her a big smile.

VR strolled along just behind the two of them rolling his eyes. He had never cared for the city or expensive restaurants but a free meal was something he wasn't going to pass up.

"So how come you didn't invite the rest of the squad? It would probably be a really good way to get in with Officer Cuzmon and the other officers." Lamprey asked moving Golden Boy's arm from her shoulders.

"I would have loved to! She hates me and I could use all the good credit I can get with her. But I don't make the guest list. My dad said just to invite you two. He wanted to meet the recruits I guess. I offered Lady Bug but she was up in a tree "communicating" with the Earth or maybe it was the bugs or the tree... I'm not really sure." Golden Boy shrugged his shoulders as he threw open the doors to his father's office.

Earth Council member Bert Sweirt's office used old fashioned doors that didn't slide open automatically. But we're required to be opened manually. Representative Sweirt was fascinated by history and the old ways of Earth. When the three cadets walked into the office they were greeted by Representative Sweirt but also five reports.

"Klint! My dear boy! I'm so happy to have you here!" Representative Sweirt's smile was big and his thick head of salt and pepper hair was perfectly styled. Dressed in his Council Robes that stretched down to the floor covering his feet. The robe itself was stripes of blue and green that covered his clothes and a golden pendant in the shape of the Earth was at his waist tied with a brown sash.

"Dad, what's going on? I thought we were meeting for lunch?" Golden Boy looked around at the reporters and their hover-cameras that began to buzz around them.

"We are. We are. I just had a press briefing that I needed to finish."

"Representative Sweirt, are you holding a meeting with the Meta-Human Earth Squad?" Trudy Truso asked while scribbling on an ancient device known as a "notepad". Trudy Truso was doing everything she could to get a good interview with Rep Sweirt for her independent feed stream, "Revealing Figures with Trudy Truso".

"No, I'm simply having lunch with my son, Klint Sweirt aka Golden Boy of the Meta-Human Earth Squad, and a couple of his fellow officers."

"Ahh...actually we're cadets still Sir." Lamprey spoke up while dodging a hover-camera that was scanning her for its feed.

"Of course of course. Yes, they are still cadets. But don't sell yourselves so short. Just because your cadets don't mean you are not heroes! I mean the work you all did to help quell that riot was magnificent. You three did more than anyone. See." Rep Sweirt turned as did all of the reporters to the flat screens that lowered from the ceiling slowly starting up its surface awash in static before the full-color video images of VR ferrying people away from the riot came into view. Followed by images of Lamprey controlling water and shocking a few of the protesters and lastly, images of Golden Boy running and capturing protesters were revealed.

"Wow...I didn't realize I had taken down so many of those protesters." Lamprey's green eyes grew wide looking at the screen. Seeing herself as she always had, a hero.

"Those ferries are grool right!? VR's smile grew wide while he crossed his arms over his chest. The sun streaming in hitting his visor just right making it glint.

"Dad, how did you get these?? Golden Boy watched the video of himself in slight awe but also worried and hoping that it didn't catch the moment he let that protester getaway.

"I'm on the United Earth Council. I can get anything." Rep. Sweirt winked at his son.

"These are pretty impressive. Does this change your stance on Meta-Humans Rep Stewirt?" Trudy Truso asked, her attention focusing on Rep. Stewirt and Golden Boy.

"Of course. Everything I've ever done was out of love for my son and his protection. But with the changes in the laws and my son's newfound career in the Science Police, I know he can take care of himself. I know he's going to be the hero the people of Earth need. He and his friends here are the future of the Meta-Human Squad and I'm sure they will rise through the ranks in no time." Rep. Sweirt pulled VR and Lamprey closer to him and Golden Boy patted all of them on the back before pulling all of them in for a group photo.

Last edited by Omni; 12/27/20 04:41 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 12/27/2020
Omni #996221 12/27/20 04:30 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Metropolis, Earth. Weinzberg Plaza. Special Unit Headquarters Earth Squad.
Officer Cuzmon's office:
Roll Call:

Shining Knight - Tactical Science Police Officer Gigi Cuzmon

Officer Cuzmon strolled into her office with her cup of Craggite Triple Black Coffee. It had been a long week with the riots and processing of all the protesters on both sides of the argument. Along with her team's, regular duties Officer Cuzmon was looking forward to this one hour she gets every morning to relax with her coffee and read the feeds.

"Computer, open up a screen from my morning feeds playlist." Officer Cuzmon sat in her white floating chair behind her floating desk after hanging her sword on a hook behind it.

"Yes, Shining Knight." the computer responded.

"Ug. Please, it's Officer Cuzmon."

"Captain Allon decreed all members of the Meta-Human Squad are to be addressed by their code name at all times." The computer toned.

"Sprock you Gim!? Officer Cuzmon huffed before taking a sip of her coffee and turning her attention to her holo-screen and there on the front page of the Earth feeds three of her newest recruits arm and arm with a United Earth Council member.

"The Future of the Meta-Human Squad Meets With United Earth Council Member Bert Sweirt showing Earth that Meta's aren't bad. They're just human. These three Earthlings are changing the face of Earth with their heroism and leading the way." Flashed across the holo-screen announcing the title of the article.

"Sptttit!" Officer Cuzmon spit out her coffee

"What the sprock! Oooo Golden Boy is going to get it. Computer, where are cadets Lamprey, VR, and Golden Boy?" Officer Cuzmon's anger grew.

"Lamprey is in the gym, VR is in the Lab, and Golden Boy is in his quarters." The computer toned.

"Summon them to my office, please." Officer Cuzmon took a deep breath and tried to calm down.

"Yes, Shining Knight." The computer responded.

Almost ten minutes had passed before any of them had appeared before her and in that time Officer Cuzmon had read through the article and used her punching bag revealing it from its hidden wall panel. Lamprey was the first to arrive and in uniform.

"Morning Shining Knight. I'm sorry I'm late. I went and changed quickly into my uniform in case you were sending us out for a mission." Lamprey smiled hopefully before finally taking a good look at Officer Cuzmon's face.

Officer Cuzmon didn't say anything. She simply gestured for Lamprey to take a seat. VR walked in next.

"Visor off cadet." Officer Cuzmon instructed while pointing to the chairs before her desk.

Lastly was Golden Boy who strode in yawning and wearing a fuzzy red bathrobe.

"Cadet Golden Boy, what are you wearing?" Officer Cuzmon stood her eyes wide and flaring with anger.

"Sorry Shining Knight. I was asleep. My alarm doesn't go off for another hour for my training session. I grabbed the first thing I could find." Golden Boy yawned again as he took his seat.

"Next time dress appropriately like your fellow cadets who are both in uniform. Now, do the three of you care to explain this.?" Officer Cuzmon tapped the holo-keypad on her desk pulling up the Earth feeds and the front page news story. Officer Cuzmon moved from behind her desk and stood in front of them with her sword at her hip.

"Oh...We weren't meeting with him and the press. We just went to dinner with Klint and his father as a welcome to the squad and back to Earth kind of thing." Lamprey blurted out.

"Yeah, it was no big deal." Golden Boy shrugged looking back and forth at his two cadets. Lamprey tugged gently at her thick green hair twisting it into a knot while VR sat stoically staring straight ahead.

"Then how did you all end up on the front page?" Officer Cuzmon rested against her floating desk, it dipping for a second before it auto-adjusted to account for the extra weight.

"The press was already there when we got there. It happens all the time with my dad. He is kind of famous and a politician." Golden Boy simply smiled at Officer Cuzmon.

"That may be the case. But you don't speak to the press without consent from me, Sergeant Erin, or Captain Allon. Do you understand me?"

'Yes Shining Knight." All three said in unison.

"Good. I'm glad we understand each other."

"Shining Knight, might I point out that we did get some good press for the Meta-Human Squad and Meta-Humans as a whole." Lamprey pointed out trying to get back into some good graces with Shining Knight.

"No, you did. I agree you did do that. And for that I'm thankful. But the article shows there's footage of your work that we didn't release to the public yet. Because we wanted to use it as an evaluation tool. But instead, it's turned into the media hype that instead of looking at it seriously to see your faults it's just your glorious heroism on display. Look, I understand it's easy to get caught up in the hero act. I do. I was a cadet once too and my first save that got into the feeds had me on a high for weeks. But then I made a few mistakes over those next few weeks because I thought I could do no wrong. I almost got my partner killed because of it." Officer Cuzmon ended the holo-screen and looked at all three of them. Lamprey hung her head while VR and Golden Boy both sat with their arms folded neither looking at her.

"You can't take this job lightly. You make the wrong move and someone could die." Officer Cuzmon stood and reached back on her desk activating the holo-screen again.

"Like here when VR missed a ferry of bystanders that had been gathered for him and had Jewel not put them under a diamond dome who knows what would have happened. Or how about when Lamprey shocked waves of people not discriminating between bystanders and protesters even though Tellus and Sphereica were both coordinating to let you know who wasn't a threat. And lastly when Golden Boy let this protester getaway because he got distracted." Officer Cuzmon tapped at the holo-screen she pulled up in front of the cadets showing the footage.

"I wasn't distracted, I was attacked. Twice! That guy actually helped me out." Golden Boy called out.

Officer Cuzmon leaned back and tapped her holo-keyboard again.

"Uhh...Thanks. But I'm pretty sure I have to arrest you now."

"Or you don't. There's a lot of chaos right now and I'm sure one protester getting away is acceptable."

"True, but You assaulted him because he's not from Earth. That's a bit of a hate crime."

The computer played on the speakers for all of them to hear. Both VR and Lamprey looked at him shocked as they looked back at the holo-screen and the video of the moment was playing again.

"How did you get that?"

"Your comms are always on and all the cameras that caught this moment have sound. I just wasn't playing it before."

"I didn't let him go. You can see he got away when the next guy attacked right there."

"Yes, but you could have arrested him in the time that you spent talking to him, and now that simple little clip which is, yes, taken slightly out of context could be used against the MHS and you. You're now embarrassed in front of your colleagues because of it. I don't know how or where the footage the media got came from and I don't know what parts of the footage they have. But if that gets out I don't know what could happen. But had this impromptu interview hadn't happened we wouldn't be having this discussion and no one would have known about any of your shortcomings except me. Which I would have met with each of you separately." Officer Cuzmon looked out over the three of them, each of them hanging their heads.

"The three of you are going to be punished for this. But I will take into consideration that it was an accident and the good relations work you did do. For now, you're dismissed and will remain at headquarters until I've figured out said punishment. Dismissed.? Officer Cuzmon looked at each of them in the eye before they left her office.

Last edited by Omni; 12/27/20 04:41 PM.

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/02/2021
Omni #996488 01/02/21 06:56 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Nebula Studio's roaming satellite headquarters: Home of Cosmos to the Nano.
Current Location: Near Durla

"Hi and welcome to your one-stop feed for news and information, Cosmos to the Nano. I'm your host Condo Arlkin. Today we've got some big news to announce, coming from Brall and the Magno Ball League. To bring that to you is our sports correspondent who is stationed on Brall as we speak, Trisha Maz." Condo Arkin swiped his fingers across the holo console in front of him and the Brall feed instantly appeared with Trisha Maz on the screen. Her bright green eyes smiling into the camera. Her bob of black hair gently blowing in the wind, the cool air hitting her face making her cheeks blush while she stood on the Magno-Ball field of the Lodestone's stadium and headquarters of the Magno-Ball league.

"Thanks, Condo. I'm here with an exclusive about what's been going down in Magno-Ball town. As everyone knows the United Planets was taken over by the corrupted nanite technology and after its waves of destruction were stopped, many Meta-Humans; almost half of the Magno-Ball players were left with their powers unstable leaving the Magno-Ball league to search for new players. Last week was the first open tryout for such new players in years. At the tryout, things were looking good. There were plenty of recruits trying out who looked like they could help any of the teams or be a star solo player to take the gold. But then walked in Gar Snagz, Meea Cruz, and Jak Lugz three Brallians who became infected but decided to remain Cybernetic. From exclusive interviews, the three Magno-Ball champions seemed hopeful to get their spots back. Each of them thought they would be welcomed back and we're willing to try out if need be as each of them had been let go from their contracts due to being sidelined because of the invasion. It is also worth noting that each of them was listed as having trouble controlling their abilities." Trisha Maz informed the audience. As she talked, feed links popped up on her holo-screen. One for each of the champions, the Cybernetic invasion, all of the Players listed who were taken out by the Invasion, the Lodestone Stadium and team histories, and a flashback feed of past games and reel highlights.

"That sounds like one heck of a day on the field to have those three champions come back."

"Condo, you have no idea. Their arrival brought forth a problem within the league's rules. See, The League doesn't allow any enhancements through drug or machine/artificial booters. But with the arrival of the Cybernetic species and even the new Robotican A.I. race, a sentient Artificial Intelligence that has taken recent possession of what was once Jupiter but in actuality is a 21st-century relic known as War World may want to try out." Another feed link was posted up on the screen for The Robotican species and then another for War World.

"Wow, that is some exciting news. Will the League change its stance?" Condo Arlkin asked looking into the camera.

"That is a good question Condo and here to answer that is none other than Magno-Ball CEO and former Magno-Ball player and MVP Dryl Diamull aka D.D." Trisha Maz stepped to her side a bit allowing D.D. to enter into the frame.

"Hello D.D. and welcome to Cosmos to the Nano. Thank you so much for being here with us and for giving us this exclusive interview." Trisha Maz smiled brightly at D.D.

"Well thank you so much for having me, Trish. I always enjoy your interviews." D.D. smiled wide at the hovering camera. His hologram fritzing just a little as the signal weakened for a moment.

"Of course. Now D.D., can you tell us how the League is going to proceed with these two new species who may want to join your ranks."

"First off let me start by saying these rules were put into place so that players wouldn't hurt themselves while on the field. But these cybernetic beings are more in control of their enhancements according to our medical staff and trainers who have been conferring with those on Cybernetica. According to them, they are perfectly safe to be around. Since their enhancements are part of their physiology we can't discriminate against them. It makes them who they are. We as an intergalactic sport do not want to discriminate against anyone for being who they are. We want everyone to be welcomed and to enjoy our teams and players who work so hard to entertain all of us."

"So you're saying the League is going to let them in?" Trish Maz asked.

"Yes, Trish. Gar, Meena, Jak, and anyone else who wants to try-out, and that even includes the Roboticans." D.D. smiled through his pain as his right eye began to twitch a little bit and his hands were clasped together in front of him slowly began powering up.

"D.D. you read my mind. That was my next question. Maybe someone got a bit of Titan ancestry working in that blood." Trish Maz teased.

"Anything is possible. Now if you excuse me I've got to a few meetings to get to." D.D. smiled again and then excused himself briskly walking towards the Stadium exit. Holding his powers in.

"You heard it here first and from the CEO's mouth. Cybernetics and Roboticans alike can try out for the Magno-Ball league. Tryouts resume later this week. I'm Trish Maz your Brall sports reporter for Cosmos to the Nano." Trisha Maz smiled into the hover camera as her hologram cut out.

"Thank you, Trisha, for that report. The Universe has changed in a short time bringing all sorts of new species and worlds to the United Planets to our attention and thankfully with those changes new opportunities have arisen. I know this reporter is looking forward to what is to come. I'm Condo Arlkin and this has been your Cosmos to the nano. Don't forget to follow our feed and I'll see you soon." Condo Arlkin smiled and winked into the hover camera, ending his transmission.

Last edited by Omni; 01/02/21 07:48 PM.

Omni #996489 01/02/21 07:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Durla:

Slowly three grey-robed figures with their hoods drawn up over their heads revealing nothing of themselves to the night sky walked through the rock forest, its spires of rock jetting up to the night sky at various heights blocking the glow from the stars that illuminated the robed figures' way. Each of them carried with them a small glowing orb of redlight.

"Brother, the spires grow taller by the minute. We can not stay out here much longer."

"We have to. We have to catch the abominations."

"Abominations we made to fight and work for us. But they have revolted and now can hide as well if not better than ourselves."

"Don?t you think I know that! We risked our brothers and sisters to create these abominations. We accepted that...technology from McCauley labs and now we must pay the price and hunt our own."

"Snap! Crunch! Crack!"

The three robed figures spun around their forms shifting and stretching bringing them back to back with each other. Their red light orbs casting outward and chasing the shadows away.

Last edited by Omni; 01/02/21 07:48 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/02/2020
Omni #996490 01/02/21 07:10 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, you've been busy, there are loads of posts since I checking in last! I've read through them but as it's after 1am here now I'm going to have to wait to give you a proper response.

Though before I turn in for the night I gave to say that the riots were nicely written and loved your latest piece with the sports news from Braal.

I'll get back with proper feedback in the wee8when I'm caught up on life and gave a spare hour.

Keep going, this is great fun!

Looking forward to more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #996492 01/02/21 07:46 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hollark:
Encyclopedia Galactica:

A small world that is located on the far side of the Milky Way Galaxy near a border to Mordru's Territory. It orbits a green sun and its closest planetary neighbors are Gryx, Hnyx, and J586 all of which are at least 2.5 light-years away. The planet was discovered by McCauley Industries. No humanoid and/or sentient populations to speak of, McCauley began developing it for his own uses. Eventually, the planet was developed into a drop point and refueling station for all of McCauley's and the United Planets ships that travel to those far reaches of United Planets space. McCauley saw the need for such industry in these parts of space with such little infrastructure and competition. Much of the planet is underdeveloped and filled with mountain ranges and forests. The McCauley spaceport and signal tower are located on the small main continent and are in the direct center of it.

The setting sun's green rays filtered through the atmosphere creating hues of purple, yellow, and orange that dimmed to reveal the stark sky, slowly stars began to appear in the sky. The lone gleaming blueish-white tower of McCauley industries jutting out high over the forest surrounding it. Inside the tower, on the very top floor, Leland McCauley's hover disc floated down the pristine hall from his office towards the jump tubes. The device raced to the bottom level reaching it in mere seconds.

"Authorization, McCauley, Alpha. Hover." The small hover disc's mechanical voice chirped out. Slowly an Interon door slid out of place at the bottom of the jump tube revealing a dark passageway.

The small hover disc's body opened a small slot revealing a small light. The small hover disc sped down a long dark corridor. Only the light from the hover disc guided the way until it reached another door speaking the same authorization code as before revealing another door that slid out of its path. The hover disc flew fast through a pristine large lab with high rocky ceilings filled with flowstones. Many of them grew long enough to reach the ground. Several even joined with the floor rock piles creating thick pillars. Several large orb lights floated around the upper regions of the lab. Their gentle yellow light casting an eerie glow across the machines, beakers, and an odd yellow-brown growth along the walls. The hover disc flew to the direct center of the lab where a large round platform sat. The hover disc slowly lowered to the center of the platform where there was a hole that matched the size of the hover disc. Once it lowered in it locked into place. A white beam of light erupted from the locked-in hover disc to the ceiling of the cave. Slowly a figure began to emerge standing within the beam of light waiting for its host to arrive.

On the far side wall, a large yellow and brown stock reached up to the ceiling. At the bottom was a large red oval that gently pulsed. Slowly a thin seam appeared at the center of the red oval gently peeling back a layer of thick plant membrane and opening like a flower. A red glow from the inside pulsed out into the lab, while a thin layer of a clear liquid covered the opening to the oval. The light cast on the liquid made it look like a thin layer of blood as it vibrated. Slowly Master Dominator entered the lab from the red oval in the wall stock. The blood-like liquid rippling with every movement of Master Dominator's flowing green floor-length gown. The base of the gown wide obscuring Master Dominator's feet making it look almost like he was floating across the floor to the beam of light.

"Master Dominator, I hope you're finding your surroundings to your liking on Hollark." A hologram of Leland McCauley stood before Master Dominator.

"McCauley, you know not to interrupt me." Master Dominator scolded McCauley until a second beam of light formed next to McCauley's hologram revealing a hologram of Dark Circle Master.

"Massster. I wasss not expecting you to call on me." Master Dominator bowed his large yellow bald head.

"Yes, I thought I'd pay a surprise visit. I wanted to see your set up here." Dark Circle Master's hologram walked around the platform's edges taking note of everything.

"And I thought I'd tag along as this lab is located on my property." McCauley gave a smarmy smile reminding Master Dominator of his place as Dark Circle Leader's right-hand man.

"Of courssse." Master Dominator stood tall breathing in deeply to control his anger.

"I see you were able to grow the breeding stocks along the walls. Do we have test subjects inside?" Dark Circle Master looked at the back wall seeing it lined with several stocks. All of them are several feet apart.

"Yesss, I wassss just in my pod rejuvenating. The sssstocks next to mine housssse sssseveral tessst ssssubjectssss, they are growing asss we ssspeakk!" Master Dominator spoke all aggravation leaving his voice as he began to discuss his projects.

"Which projects?" McCauley asked his hologram walking towards the edge of the platform almost attempting to walk off of it before he realized his hologram would begin to dematerialize once off of the platform.

Master Dominator smiled and hoped McCauley would walk off the platform so he wouldn't have to listen to McCauley's voice.

"I'm glad I inisssited on my hologram platform coming with me to be usssed for communication to keep this place asss ssssecret asss possssssible." Master Dominator thought to himself.

"I've got two teleportsss gessstating on the third and fourth sssstock here. Each one is at the top in their podsss. I had three but asss McCauley is probably aware that I sssent one with Missstressss Crugg. I believe ssshe called him Chomper." Master Dominator looked at McCauley's hologram who instantly stepped back and frowned.

"Yes, those claws you gave that beast have been tearing up my floors." McCauley's hologram grabbing hold of its waist-length cape and pulling it in.

"The beaver ssspeciesss from Pantara happened to prove to be very ussseful and durable. Although, I had to take away itsss higher brain functionsss. Hence, the feral ssstate it seems to be in."

"That might be something to work out on the next batch." McCauley teased.

"The two left in the podss were grown using the sssame genetic material and not a live tessst sssubject, like B1, I mean Chomper, who wasss captured in our effortsss to expand the Dominion." Master Dominator shot back informing McCauley.

"I agree with McCauley. Make sure you breed that out of them. We need them as docile as possible if we are to potentially sell them to customers for personal use."

"Yesss, Dark Circle Massster." Master Dominator bowed again.

"Any other projects I should be made aware of?" Dark Circle Master asked, walking around the edge of the platform looking at the machines and the last stock along the far wall.

"I've been working on ssslipicing the Meta-human gene into ssseveral castsss of the Dominion. The sssecond ssstock, which asss you can sssee has many sssmaller red podsss running up itsss facade. Each pod containsss two to three hatchlingsss that will come out of them."

"That's impressive. That stock has at least 20 pods that I can count at a glance. That could be a decent size army." Dark Circle Master stared at the stock Master Dominator referenced.

"Yesss, Massster Dark Circle Leader. It doesss. I've been mossstly working with the DNA sssamplesss from Imsssk, Triton, and Zundi. All three prove to be useful in the field of defense and essspionage."

McCauley stood listening but was unimpressed. His work had stretched across worlds just like the Dominators and even though he understands he created a psychopath, he created Mano and Mano is more powerful than anything he'd seen on this visit.

"I'll have more samples delivered. Those worlds are strategically useful. But I think we could do more with a few of the other worlds out there. We will be in touch soon." Dark Circle Master stood steady looking at Master Dominator from underneath his mask who simply bowed and waited for the hologram's transmission to end.

The two beams of white light fizzled in and out, cutting out the images of Dark Circle Master and McCauley before finally shutting down completely. Master Dominator stood up from his bow and waited for the small hover disc to dislodge itself from the platform and just as quickly as it arrived it sped out of the cavern and into the darkened corridor it came from. Master Dominator's eyes squinted and waited until the door closed tightly behind the hover disc before walking over towards the farthest wall stock with only three pods on its surface. Master Dominator placed his hand on the side of the stock revealing a flat brown screen. With a handprint on it. Master Dominator placed his long slender hand on the screen, submerging his hand slightly into the brown gel screen. Slowly the red oval peeled back revealing three humanoids suspended in a clear amniotic fluid.

"Dark Circle Massster is certainly falling behind Massster Khudian in the sssample department but I think I'll keep thessse sssubjects hidden for now." Master Dominator thought to himself looking at the three humanoids in their pods.

Last edited by Omni; 01/02/21 08:00 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/02/2021
Harbinger #996496 01/02/21 08:25 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi Harbinger,

thanks for checking in! You are right I have been busy and I've got a lot coming. So I hope you get a chance to catch up soon and review.

I'm glad you liked the newscast from Brall and the riots.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
Sleep well!

Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/03/2021
Omni #996546 01/03/21 03:47 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Daxam:

Roxxas stood in the center of the Royal Palace's meeting hall surrounded by the ambassadors, senators, representatives, military leaders, local council leaders, and authorities from each country, and lastly, the crown prince of Daxam, Pax Grand. All of them sitting there slack-jawed with glowing purple eyes waiting for their instructions from their master. In front of Roxxas floated seven holo-screens.

"My fellow separatist, as much as it pains me to say this we need to work together to break the alliance that is the United Planets. Continue to meet me and my associate and we will show you ways of achieving our shared goals."

"Roxxas, we joined your cause in name only. We have no wish to actually break up the United Planets. We have no ill will towards the various worlds. We just want the menace that is the Meta-Human population to be either controlled or eradicated and we understood the best way to do that was for all of us to return to our worlds. But if you are thinking of having some sort of riot or bringing anyone with powers to our world then we will have no part of your plans.? Representative X'rrx of Gryx said matter of factly and without another world closed the secure window.

Six holo-screens remained. Roxxas stared at them taking stock of what was left.

"We do not want anyone who does not believe in the cause. In what the White Triangle stands for, The separation of our worlds. If the sentients of Gryx don't see things our way so be it. But they will serve our purposes whether they are part of it or not.?

"We're with you Roxxas all the way. We want all you alien trash off Earth.? The gruff voice of a young man with long black hair tied back into a ponytail with silver shades covering his eyes entered the conversation from the screen that was next to Representative X'rrx's.

"I know. I saw the riots. Well done. Xanthu has also done their part. Their riots culminated with the death of our colleague the Xanthunian."

"Yes, our brother in arms has perished. But he will be avenged. The Xanthu Branch of the White Triangle will see to it." A sturdy and muscular man wearing a black mask with a field of stars running across it said.

"I'm glad to hear of your devotion. Star-mash. But for now, we need to get Gryx's part played out. Are you ready for your assignment?" Roxxas turned his attention to the fourth holo-screen and away from the one with the image of the Xanthunian and Star-mash.

"Yes, Roxxas." Answered the assassin known simply as Dice whose eyes glowed purple looking blankly into the screen.

"Good. Gryx will play their part and feel the wrath of the White Triangle." Roxxas' smile grew wide looking at Dice's holo-screen.

"I don't know why you don't just let me take care of it. My flames could incinerate that world." Inferno chimed in sitting next to the prince of Daxam as she played with his hair.

"Because my dear dark dark Inferno. I can't lose you to whoever comes to stop Dice. As much as it pains me to say I need you for what I have coming next. That's why I had you possess Dice, to ensure our plans were followed to the letter." Roxxas admitted turning to face Inferno.

"Fine. But I better get to destroy something soon." Inferno huffed while still playing with the crown prince of Daxam's hair. Twirling it around her fingers and slowly burning it.

Last edited by Omni; 01/03/21 03:52 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 1/03/2021
Omni #996934 01/12/21 04:35 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
hey Omni, I am still catching up but wanted to throw out a few thoughts while they are fresh:

- man, reading that whole riot scene was way too close to home with events in the US of recent days....I even checked the dates you posted them, I think you might have had some help from Dreamer there yourself! You did a great job of capturing the chaos and the terror of something like that though, good work!

- Mordru has had one HELL of an entrance! It really comes across just how powerful, terrifying and malevolent he is, and I can't help but think things are gonna get worse before they get better as the newbies will need to find out the hard way just how scary he is.

- my absolute favourite bit - Lydda's rampage! She was actually legit very scary, and that whole scene with her crashing the ship was totally cinematic, I could see it happening so clearly!

Looking forward to seeing where all of this goes next!

Omni #997281 01/20/21 07:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Omni, how are you?

Apologies for the delay but it's been a hectic couple of weeks. Anyway, eventually, I've got a spare hour so will be writing as I'm reading:

I don't kw Dune as a character - are they your own or reboot? Either way, I love them! very interesting speech pattern going on. I wonder what Lydda did to take out a being composed of sand? Lydda's madness is quite scary, especially as Tasmia blacked out the ship - why do I feel that is a big mistake? Your cadets, while competent, don't all work too well as a team, which is good to see as they must be at different stages of maturity and experience.

Nice use of Lyle - smart, competent, and taking charge of the disastrous situation.

"Her normally perfect midnight black beehive of hair loose and falling around her shoulders." Poor Lydda, driven mad and with dishevelled hair, she's really having a tough day! smile Actually, it kind of bugs me that they got rid of this hair style for her as it was really distinctive so I'm glad to read you have kept it.

Good save Imra, she really is the toughest Legionnaire. Umbra's snark was well done btw.

Poor Dune, turned to glass must hurt! And Fireball blasting that mountain? She's one to keep an eye on!

Loving your Mordru, a real nasty bit of work unafraid of using whomever or whatever he can to further his agenda. And poor Wenndezz Sunrizze turning into a warrior for him. The image you created s really scary, she's going to be trouble!

I'm enjoying Sparks little side mission to get her abilities back, that Swap is a tricky little so-and-so. Nice that she puts her own feelings aside to help Gossamer learn more about their application.

Val telling off MacCauley was well done. Tiger Girl deserves some respect smile "...Leland McCauley's short attention span and temper, a constant need for validation, and his ever-growing need for control and to not be challenged. " - sadly we all have to deal with people like this from time to time, hopefully Workforce decides to go their own way soon, surely their pay packets aren't that outrageous that they put up with the bad behaviour for too long.

I'm not sure who Minister Crugg of the Khundian Empire and her pet Lockjaw.. sorry, Chomper are, but looking forward to finding out. And Firefist is always interesting - annoying too, but that sort of character is always fun to stir things up with. Looking forward to seeing where you take this sub-plot.

I like VRs attitude - not liking the extravagance but going along with it for a free meal. I kind of related to that smile Golden Boy's dad has political ambition then, and isn't afraid to use his kid and friends to further it, that's going to be interesting!

"cup of Craggite Triple Black Coffee" I need this most mornings!

Gigi is not happy... oh dear! Lamprey obviously twists her hair when she's nervous - nice little charcterisation there. Nice reveal about Gigi's past, getting cocky after being in the press. Golden Boy does deserve a spanking for his attitude during the riot so I'm glad Gigi caught it. Hopefully his dad doesn't use political leverage to discredit the MHS if his son ends up kicked out.

Nice seeing how everyday events like sports are affected by the nannites, as it shows just how widespread the effects must be. also sweet to see Condo again.

Very nice little scene on Durla - MacCauley really does have a lot to answer for, doesn't he? Am interested in seeing what you have planned there as the idea of mutated Durlans is pretty scary really.

MacCauley smarming to the master Dominator was in character. I really like how you have Masters from Khundia and the dominators in your Dark Circle, adds to the sheer scale of their ambitions. This world where they are breeding meta-villains is a great sub-plot. Imsk, Triton, and Zundi? - so, Imsk has shrinking people, is Triton where Ron Karr from? So, 2D people? but am coming up blank over Zundi, so looking forward to finding out.

And just in case there weren't enough big bads for the team to face you have Roxxas, the White Triangle and Inferno! You don't make things easy for the MHS do you?

Lot's of interesting iron's in your crucible Omni and I'm really looking forward to seeing where you take them.

I'm sure I don't need to say this but in case it isn't obvious I'm eager for more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #997311 01/20/21 06:11 PM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
okay, some more thoughts now that I'm all caught up!

- I am glad you're using Mnemonic Kid, she is one of my favourite Legion throwaway characters!

- "Representative Sweirt, are you holding a meeting with the Meta-Human Earth Squad?" Trudy Truso asked while scribbling on an ancient device known as a "notepad". I got a chuckle out of this line. I also like how you pointed out that he has a door which requires manual opening to show it's something unusual in this time period smile

- the Dominion is as creepy as you'd expect with their relentless genetic engineering and the way they toady up to anyone in charge! Their test subjects are gonna be fun to see!

Omni #997437 01/23/21 04:37 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey All,
Thanks for checking in and reading. I'm loving all of your comments. So thank you again!

I'm glad you both liked the Riot scene. I'm glad the chaos came across well. There were some big moments mixed in throughout to show how this affects the characters. Gear's moment towards the end was one I really wanted to try and drive home about how this galaxy still isn't over the nannite invasion.

Raz,
- I think your right Dreamer must have visited me. a lot of what's coming might seem like a reaction/view of what's happening within the US. But sadly a lot of this was written months ago. But I can definitely say that a lot of how the real world has been working has been on my mind a lot these last four years and influenced many things to come.
- laugh oh Raz, things are certainly going to get worse for the MHS in regards to Mordru. But now I'm thinking i haven't been hard enough on them.... ;p
- I'm glad you liked Lydda's rampage. If she's stuck like this, maybe her new code name should be The Quiet Rage. lol
- You've used the word cinematic to describe my stories before and I LOVE that, you get that feel from my words. so thank you so much for that!!
- I hope i can do Mnemonic Kid justice. I don't know much about her. So if you've got tidbits to share about her please do!
- I hope you caught on to why Rep. Sweirt might like all these "old things" wink
- Oh, I know this post is a bit back but any thoughts on my Phernolagnx Lad post? You inspired it with your curiosity about the character. I meant to ask before but kept forgetting.

Harbinger,
Of course no worries. The holidays are a busy time of year. But I'm glad you were able to catch up!

-Dune, is a character from the Reboot run, who only appeared for two issues during the Widening Rifts story arc as a member of McCauley's Adult Workforce after the Legion had been disbanded due to how the public felt about them post-Blight. But everything I'm doing with him is new. So in a sense, he's an OC but technically he's not.
-true, their teamwork skills need work. But a lot of this was because of the randomness and unexpectedness of this attack. But maybe this is a lesson they need to learn. Always be on guard...
- Durla is going to definitely get some attention. Still working through that section though...
- Thank you, Umbra's snark is always fun.
-I'm glad the Golden Blood Warriors seem scary, especially since theirs a whole planet of them! laugh
- Spark's journey to get her powers back isn't over yet. She and Gossamer are going to have a lot to work through.
-Val is going to be having a tough time for a while, unfortunately. But Tiger Girl will get more respect for sure. If not from McCauley, at least from her teammates.
- Minister Crugg is Mistress Crugg was introduced during the "Dark Circle Rising" Storyline in the Reboot Legion's home universe. She worked under McCauley and eventually had some kind of relationship with him. But it wasn't clear if it was romantic. They both ended up adopting Lori Morning. Crugg disappeared after the Blight Invasion. She was revealed dead in Legion # 2 or 3 when the team discovered her and the real McCauley's bones in the sewers.
-haha. Yeah I guess Chomper is a stand-in for lockjaw.
-Triton is Gazelle's homeworld in the three-boot. They are very durable and resistant to extreme colds.
- Zundi, is a planet of my own creation. It was introduced during the mission with Magnostar. The people of this world have bones that protrude from their bodies. It can create an almost armor-like exo-Skelton and varying sized projectiles. If you've read X-Men, it is like the character Marrow from the late 90's early 2000's era.
-Nope i don't. Things are only going to get harder.

More soon and thank you both again!!!

Omni #997673 01/28/21 10:17 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hey Omni, real life has been crazy, haven't gotten to read yet, but it's on my list. glad you are still writing!

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/22/2020
Omni #1002432 05/16/21 04:48 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hi Omni, sorry for taking so long to catch up. I am much better at reading smaller chunks, so it's also my own fault for putting it off for so long.

i'm reading from just after New Beginning, so it's quite far back and my comments will be quite random.

Shvaughn is still her good practical self. Yes, Mentalla; in fact you need hand-to-hand training more than some others, as your powers do not work on machines! smile

I like that your Beast Master is stepping up, whereas mine has been very... well, definitely not a leader lol

great update on Thunder as well, making her Vertigo.

Hah! Xanthu visit. Loved the mix of the old crowd. Monstress and all her suitcases... and Thom is still such a flirt to Nura smile One of the Reboot-era traits of his.

Mano and Command Kid have a touching friendship. Nice exploration into Mano, he's definitely not a true villain - but a victim too.

Neptune has tentacles.... is he based off of a G'ildan or perhaps the jellyfish creature that became Ebb?

Brainy: you didn't need to save me, Tinya. Tinya: "You're welcome". loved this bit

Detective Cham and Vi. I like when they use their detecting skills.

Also like GPS/Theena's symbiote taking on a more offensive role.

This Brainiac 4 actually loving Brainy... oh my. What a twist.

Monitoring the number of thought-tracks... a good way to keep a super smart Coluan imprisoned.

Smart of Brainiac 4, choosing two Brainiacs who will cause mayhem and chaos anyway...

Tinya being grateful for being completely off-duty (rather than with the Legion) was nice. and I like Cub and Winema both interacting with Tinya and Jo. Finally, a true family for them.

Ra's and the Dark Circle, makes a lot of sense. and also Orin Fex joining!

Xanthu: nice dealing with the unexplained returns so head-on. Indeed, that sort of thing raises questions!

Ponna's lunatic dust is a nice application of moon powers

Konk! has a forcefield? I think that's tech, not part of her powers? may have missed it while skimming, sorry!

having Atmos be a "second Atom'x" is a good explanation for why the Amazers had two members with such similar powers!

Mon using the law to free the Gene Squad was great!

Loved seeing Jazmin and James reconcile.

Andromeda needing help to find her way, another good one.

The Cadets' hostility to ""new" members like Lyle is understandable and realistic.

nice reference also to this XS being different, whereas all the other Legionnaires remember their own XS... and how that would manifest in them interacting with her

I was really worried someone would die in James' place against Tangleweb, but glad that they all made it

nice look into Rokk's magno ball days too

good of Thom being canny enough to see something off about "Catain Allon". Zandoz is sneaky...

I like Phrenologax lad using his knowledge of things like pressure points to good effect

paused at the recap - will catch up later!

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 11/22/2020
Omni #1002433 05/16/21 05:04 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I like how your Lamprey combines both the electric shocks and the water control! great explanation for how she can add a shock to her powers too

makes sense that Golden Boy would be quite arrogant

Blizzard and Lamprey make a great combo!

makes sense the recent developments would invite protests... that recent invasion sounded quite scary indeed

i like that the team is discussing and sharing information re the impersonation of Gim.

Those Blood Crystals are scary-nasty!

Poor Fireball... she's in a bad situation, as is her world. Elegant ending though, being teleported back home. Crafty of Imra.

angry Lydda is scary too! She's quite formidable.

Amilia Crugg!

nice seeing Gigi in a leadership role. She knows her stuff.

nice seeing Condo too!

yikes! the Composite Durlans! your McCauley has really been up to a lot of nasty stuff. I hope he gets what's coming to him in the end.

Omni #1002962 05/29/21 06:03 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hi IB,

I haven't had a chance to throughly look through your comments. But hopefully this weekend. But one did catch my eye about your surprise about the tentacles that Neptune has.

I'm not an artist my any means and draw very infrequently. But I thought this drawing of Neptune might help flesh my description more.

Hope you all enjoy it though and I'll hopefully have more story and maybe more art coming your way.

Attached Images 20210529_195718.jpg

Omni #1002970 05/30/21 02:26 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
hey Omni thanks for your reply! You are a much much better artist than I am smile I like your Neptune design! half humanoid, half octopus, a very cool concept!

Omni #1002976 05/30/21 04:12 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Neptune looks awesome, I dig the tentacles and the fins on the face!

Omni #1002986 05/30/21 03:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey IB,

Thank you so much for your review and reply. I'm glad you've liked so much of what I've put forth since New Beginnings. ( which part of me is thinking i might have benifited from doing a new volume to showcase that this was a bigger shift. oh well. lol)

I totally understand. I've found myself in the same spot with everyone's fics as I'm sure you've seen my long post (one coming your way btw) for catching up.

I hope you like what i have coming for Vertigo. But that is a long way off.
As far as your question about if Neptune is connected to Ebb or to the G'ildan as my drawing shows he doesn't. His whole planet are humanoid- octopi. He's the only one with hydro-kenisis (water control powers).

thank you both on the compliments on my drawing. As i said i don't draw often. But after seeing IB's comment the vision of what he looked like stuck in my head and i figured i'd try and work it out more. But i do think i need to change up some of his coloring as Neptune might be too similar to Turtle/Blindspot ( still unsure which name i want to use. lol :D)

I'm also realizing that i might need to do secret files sort of thing like many of you have done to flesh out your characters.

IB, i think you're right and i just remembered it wrong and wrote Knok's forcefield as a power instead of tec.
Xanthu is kind of like a breeding ground for a lot of stories that are playing out across the United Planets. So You'll be seeing a bit more of that thread for a while. especially with the ever shifty Prefect Zandoz.

Glad you've enjoyed much of what i've done IB and so much of what i have coming is going to continue to play with many of those you've mentioned.
Hmm Blizzard and Lamprey...I might have to look into working on a scene with them.

Things are hopefully going to continue to get scary for the team! stay tuned!

Page 33 of 37 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,076
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star