Who's Online Now
2 Legionnaires (Set, Set, Set, Paladin), 1 Murran Spy and 26 Spider Guild Agents online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Television Trouble-Finder
Time-Scope
WR's Legion Pixels
by Whitelighter. 09/24/17 08:08 PM
Re-Reading the Legion: Archives Volume 18
by He Who Wanders. 09/24/17 05:14 PM
Legion of Doom Idol (Round 7)
by Myg - Andy S. 09/24/17 04:54 PM
Inane One Word Posts XXX - keep it clean
by Invisible Brainiac. 09/24/17 03:31 PM
Name Three - III
by Invisible Brainiac. 09/24/17 03:26 PM
Answering Questions with Questions XVI
by Invisible Brainiac. 09/24/17 03:23 PM
Kill This Thread XV
by Invisible Brainiac. 09/24/17 03:22 PM
Emily's Earth-5/S (Captain Marvel) Maps and Charts
by Ann Hebistand. 09/24/17 10:57 AM
Universe-Monitor
DC Comics
Legion Wiki
LMBP Yahoo! Group
LMB Wiki
Facebook Legion World
Twitter Legion World
Legion at Cosmic Teams
Legion of Super-Bloggers
The Legion Omnicom
Legion Abstract
Year 3000 - Legion RP site
The Future Begins Now - Legion RP site
We Are Legion - Legion RP site
Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe - Legion
Mike's Amazing World of DC Comics - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes Online Companion
Hero History at Major Spoilers
Interlac, the Legion of Super-Heroes APA Facebook group
Klordny: Devoted to the Legion of Super-Heroes
APA 247 Yahoo! Group
It's OK, I'm a Senator
Get-a-Life Boy's Legion of Super-Heroes Site
Titanstower
The Legion Files
Heaven4Heroes - Legion
Legion of Super-Heroes fanfic
Glamazonia presenta: Legione Dei Super-Eroi
Super Future Friends
Legion of Substitute Podcasters
Blockade Boy
The Legion of Super-Heroes - Kevin Leung's Original Comic Art Gallery
The Superhero Network Entertainment Group
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#937858 - Yesterday at 05:34 AM Re: The Oracle at Delphi [Re: Set]  
Set Online content
Pardon me while I burn, and rise above the flame.
Set  Online Content

Projectra has reached low-orbit, and subtly changed the apparent position of the Earth below them, so that if Ol-Vir turns his deadly heat vision to the city, it will miss the planet entirely. But she’s aware from his suspicious movements and squinting that he’s no longer entirely unaware, so she forms an image of herself only visible to his enhanced vision, and is rewarded by him firing a blast of heat vision towards that image. She moves it just a second too late, quite deliberately, and Ol-Vir is ‘rewarded’ by the sight of ‘Sensor Girl’ suffering a nasty-looking burn to her side as she suddenly appears in a dozen places, still obviously hurt, but fully visible. He smirks and is surprised to hear his own voice aloud, “Illusionist… How?”

Projectra causes her voice to sound all around him, as if each of her visible images are speaking somehow across the vacuum of space, “You hear what I wish you to hear, child.”

Ol-Vir gloats, reveling in how Projectra can apparently hear his ranting, even here in orbit. “Bah, now that I know it’s you, your illusions are meaningless. You can’t hurt me…” To punctuate his point, he lances a half-dozen images with heat vision in a second, and Projectra allows them to disperse, as if disrupted by his attacks, replacing them with a massive image of her masked face before him, surprising enough that he recoils as it booms forth in a thunderous voice.

“CAN’T HURT YOU? THE ILLUSION OF PAIN, LITTLE MAN, IS PAIN!” With that, the image of Sensor’s face vanishes and Element Lad is floating in its place. Ol-Vir’s eyes widen even as he denies what he sees, but it doesn’t matter, the pain has already begun and he looks down to see his tunic transforming into lead. The too-familiar fire spreads through his torso, a wrenching sensation like every cell being squeezed and pouring forth liquid molten agony directly onto his nerves. With every beat of his heart, the pain spreads through his body as the lead poisoning causes his body to cramp up with such force that he can feel his bones straining under the pressure of his convulsing muscles. He can’t hear over the sound of his own screaming, which he knows he shouldn’t be able to hear at all, and his throat feels like it’s going to tear itself apart with the screams yet to come. The only respite is blissful unconsciousness, which claims him after mere seconds that feel like an eternity of damnation, as his body goes into shock.

Projectra dashes forward, passing through the image of Element Lad as it fades, aware that she might have mere seconds to react before Ol-Vir recovers from this ‘phantom pain.’ Hand shaking, she slaps a neural restraint to his temple, and then, unwilling to chance it, slaps a second restraint to the side of his face. In case the adhesive fails, she rationalizes to herself, aware that if one restraint fails to keep him in beta-induced sleep, a second one certainly won’t help. Movement behind her causes her to jerk, her nerves frayed and suddenly feeling very visible, and very vulnerable. An SP craft has approached, and she can see a familiar form hidden behind layers of ship-steel and vac-sealed suit, all as transparent to her enhanced senses as if nothing but clear sky lay between them. She can hear SP Officer Gigi Cusimano speaking, even across the void of space, and remembers to re-activate her Flight Ring’s communications features, despite having no real need of them to hear Gigi’s words. “That was amazing! He was so powerful, and you made it look easy!”

Overcompensating at her own nervousness, Projectra retreats behind an icy hauter, more suited to Queen than Legionnaire. “Power is an illusion. I am a Legionnaire, and a Queen, ruling over a proud warrior tradition. He is but a confused child. The outcome was never in doubt.”

Gigi just raised an eyebrow dubiously and mutters, “Yes, your majesty. We all have our illusions, far be it from me to deny you yours.”

Under her mask, Projectra smiles wistfully. Years before, a younger Projectra would have bridled at being addressed so casually by a 'mere commoner,' but she is older and wiser now, aware that the woman who has come to her aid is by no means 'common,' and thankful that she has made acquaintances here, friends even, who know her so well, a luxury she never knew when she was hopelessly mired in the illusions of class and station in which she'd been raised.

Giving no impression that she has heard Gigi’s muttered aside, Projectra replies, “Let’s get our ‘guest’ to more secure accommodations, shall we?”

Last edited by Set; Yesterday at 05:40 AM.

The Oracle at Delphi WIP in BITS.
#937859 - Yesterday at 08:35 AM Re: The Oracle at Delphi [Re: Set]  
Klar Ken T5477 Offline
Deputy
Klar Ken T5477  Offline
Deputy

Paradise Valley
Oh, this is wonderful.

* The Legion has always been political: it is, after all, where the leaders of worlds send their offspring for schooling, after all. Nice summary.

In 5YL, Tellus ended up with the Dark Circle, even more overtly political than in TOS.

In the Reboot and Threeboot, the Legion was even more politically motivated: sustaining the status quo in the first instance, and opposing it in the other.

* You depict Projectra as far more powerful that she is usually displayed in the comics: I think this is appropriate. Many of the Legionnaires are far more powerful than ordinarily depicted, when you carefully consider just what they can do.

And Projectra dancing in the Mission Monitor Room with the 'ghost' of Karate Kid... she is well on her way to becoming the Mad Queen we all know she is going to end up as, if she lives long enough.

* And Ultra Boy's Heroic Weakness is cruciferous vegetables! Who knew?

* I am always afraid reading other people's fanfic that i am going to steal from them. Well, I'm just warning you: I plan to use Organus (the anti-Blok) in the near future.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; Yesterday at 09:04 AM.

I'm nigh invulnerable. I have the reflexes of an Olympic-level jungle cat. I have the strength of 10, perhaps 20 men: a crowded bus stop of men. But my greatest power is this: when destiny speaks, she speaks to me.
She says hi, by the way.
#937872 - Yesterday at 12:11 PM Re: The Oracle at Delphi [Re: Klar Ken T5477]  
Set Online content
Set  Online Content

Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
Oh, this is wonderful.

Thank you!

* The Legion has always been political: it is, after all, where the leaders of worlds send their offspring for schooling, after all. Nice summary.
In 5YL, Tellus ended up with the Dark Circle, even more overtly political than in TOS.
In the Reboot and Threeboot, the Legion was even more politically motivated: sustaining the status quo in the first instance, and opposing it in the other.

I've dragged some politics in with both Element Lad and Tellus, neither of whom are traditionally seen as political creatures, which, particularly in the case of Tellus, stemmed from an urge to stretch him out into new spaces, and sort of throw to the wind that he spends all his free time just floating there looking fishy, just because we've never really seen him doing anything in his off-time but lounging around watching other people.

* You depict Projectra as far more powerful that she is usually displayed in the comics: I think this is appropriate. Many of the Legionnaires are far more powerful than ordinarily depicted, when you carefully consider just what they can do.
And Projectra dancing in the Mission Monitor Room with the 'ghost' of Karate Kid... she is well on her way to becoming the Mad Queen we all know she is going to end up as, if she lives long enough.

I feel like her new powers as Sensor Girl have never really been clearly defined, other than that she was intended to be Supergirl, originally, so her enhanced senses seem to be roughly on-par with a Kryptonian's (as most recently seen where she's using distance vision and hearing to search for the Earth First leadership, and Earth-Man borrows her powers to do likewise, assisted by his knowledge of what they look like and in what sorts of places they are more likely to hang out). In earlier appearances, her illusions seemed to be mostly visual manifestations, and rarely suggested audible or tactile or olfactory components, but I obviously went all-senses with her here. Ol-Vir could hear the cries of pain, smell the burning, feel the crunch of impact and spatter of warm blood, and, later, also feel the worst agony he'd ever felt in his life come back for an encore performance. I did try to limit her range. With the cheeky notion that distance is an illusion, Sensor Girl could *theoretically* have unlimited range, being able to see and hear things, and create illusions over interplanetary, or even galactic ranges, but that's just too big to wrap my head around, and I even had Ol-Vir fly out of her immediate presence and her illusions fail to keep up, perhaps because of physical proximity, perhaps because she doesn't have super-speed and couldn't adjust her illusions as fast as he could move and process information...

As for her dancing with Val, and reminiscing about him, that was just my cheating way to get to write an appearance by a character who is dead, and likely going to stay that way. smile

* And Ultra Boy's Heroic Weakness is cruciferous vegetables! Who knew?

Tinya, apparently!

I needed an appearance by that alien looking fractal broccoli in my far-future fanfic (kind of like how Star Trek the Next Generation kept using that spiky horned melon as their 'alien fruit' on the show).

* I am always afraid reading other people's fanfic that i am going to steal from them. Well, I'm just warning you: I plan to use Organus (the anti-Blok) in the near future.

You are welcome to do so! Organus ended up on the chopping block (along with many other things), simply because I had to prune this story down to a manageable size, and weed out anything that didn't move it forward. I had a whole arc involving the return of Prince Pharoxx from the grave, his exile from Orando and his eventual turn to underground heroics on the 'heroes badly needed here' world of Avalon.

Last edited by Set; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.

The Oracle at Delphi WIP in BITS.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Monitor Duty
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics20,204
Posts947,335
Legionnaires1,680
Most Online226
Aug 31st, 2017
Newest Legionnaires
Cyberstrike, Sparky54, Dunnomo, Brainwise, truce57
1680 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Arvadaguy1, B, He Who Wanders, Kevin
Time Bubble
Holo-Vids
21CL Shrinking Violet
Catalyst Queen for Legion AU Project
Color Kid by Jay Fosgitt
Roll Call
future king
future king
ontario
Show All Member Profiles 
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star