Legion World
Posted By: Dev-Em Which Lost character are you? - 10/02/05 09:56 PM
http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5052228135609532493

Boone
You scored 67% kindness, 50% courage, 13% seedy past, and 35% secretiveness!

I know you made a promise. I'm letting you off the hook. Let me go, Jack."

You are Boone. You are kind and brave, with a slightly less checkered past than your fellow survivors. You are an open book, and do not keep secrets from anyone. While your humanitarian efforts are chivalrous, being so trusting and helpful can get you into major trouble...especially when you spend your days hanging around John Locke. Stay away from the manipulative types and you should be winning a Nobel Peace Prize in no time.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/02/05 09:59 PM
Argh!

Why didn't that work?????
Posted By: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 12:24 AM
don't feel bad dev it didn't work for me either,.
but i took the test and i got Hurley
Posted By: DrakeB3004 Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 12:27 AM
This was my result:

You are Sun. You are very, very kind, but also very secretive. You have not shown much bravery as of yet, but you are growing more and more bold with each day that passes. Don't let the others push you around! You're your own woman! R-E-S-P-E-C-T, sister! And hey, if things don't work out with Jin, I'm sure Michael wouldn't mind taking you out for dinner and a movie.

Your polar opposite is: ironically, Jin. You are similar to: Claire and Walt.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 01:30 AM
I got Sun as well.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 01:59 AM
Same here. Sun also.
Sun
You scored 83% kindness, 23% courage, 10% seedy past, and 48% secretiveness!

"Do you think all this, all we've been through... do you think we're being punished?"

You are Sun. You are very, very kind, but also very secretive. You have not shown much bravery as of yet, but you are growing more and more bold with each day that passes. Don't let the others push you around! You're your own woman! R-E-S-P-E-C-T, sister! And hey, if things don't work out with Jin, I'm sure Michael wouldn't mind taking you out for dinner and a movie.

Your polar opposite is: ironically, Jin. You are similar to: Claire and Walt.
Posted By: Caliente Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 02:10 AM
<span style="font-size: 18px;">Sayid</span>
You scored 55% kindness, 43% courage, 47% seedy past, and 30% secretiveness!

"Hope is a very dangerous thing to lose."

You are Sayid. You are kind, strong, brave, and intelligent. You have a tragic past that the others know little about. You, like Jack, are a born leader, but you are content to let him get most of the spotlight. You are always there to aid in times of need, but you are also smart enough to realize not all people are inherently good.
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 02:28 AM
How can I be Claire?
scored 41% kindness, 36% courage, 36% seedy past, and 43% secretiveness

I'm not that nurturing.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 02:44 AM
tamper, you scored that high on kindess? wow. smile
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 02:54 AM
I have been compared to:

Kate
You scored 55% kindness, 45% courage, 52% seedy past, and 53% secretiveness!
"No girl's just like me."

You are caring, brave, stubborn, and persistent. You have a checkered past that haunts you. You have yet to tell anyone the truth about pretty much anything, which is certainly not healthy. If you think Jack will judge you harshly, go tell Sawyer or Sun. You're a tough cookie, but everyone has feelings. Start being more honest with the others, and you'll be right as rain.

Your polar opposite is: Walt You are similar to: Sawyer and Charlie.

It was an interesting test all round smile
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 03:10 AM
Jillikers! Kate is hot, LAM!
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 03:35 AM
Sun (from all the bits and pieces i gathered about LOST) appears to be a very complex character, EDE...
Posted By: Tamper Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 03:39 AM
Originally posted by RTVU2:
tamper, you scored that high on kindess? wow. smile
I know it was that bloody drive three hours to pick up your friend question.
Posted By: rtvu2 Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
[b] tamper, you scored that high on kindess? wow. smile
I know it was that bloody drive three hours to pick up your friend question.[/b]
ahh tamper, you really do have a heart!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 05:46 AM
....of stone. laugh

i'm not saying mine's not ice TL.
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 05:53 AM
Has anyone been compared to Shannon yet?
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 05:57 AM
i got kate.
You scored higher than 52% on kindness

You scored higher than 52% on courage

You scored higher than 91% on seedy past

You scored higher than 65% on secretiveness

i told them i was a criminal!

Your polar opposite is: Walt You are similar to: Sawyer and Charlie.
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 06:01 AM
I scored Kate too, DB, but my shady past didnt rate as highly as yours... wink
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 06:04 AM
91 is hard to top for shady past. mmm ok i'll just come out and say it.

"i've got some history" shake
Posted By: Doctor One Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 11:32 AM
I'm also Sun
Posted By: Star Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 12:51 PM
Eeep! I was Charlie... Fortunately it said I was a bloody Rock God. laugh
Posted By: Lightning Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 01:10 PM
I got Jin! Was so shocked I didn't even note what the percentages were.
Posted By: Bubble Wrap Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 02:01 PM
Hmmm... I got Kate. It's my secretive nature I guess. (Hey I'm a NYer, were bred that way! tongue )
i was Claire !!!

Matthew.
i didn't note down my scores !!??

but may mine one was 70% in kindness .....

Matthew.
Posted By: Kid Marvel Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 09:56 PM
63% percent seedy past :LMAO: apparently Im Kate. Im also Ash from the Evil Dead and Sorority Slut Barbie. Hoooray!!!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 10:50 PM
Leapin' Jeepers!

I got LOCKE! Is that bad or good?
laugh

"You're not going crazy, Jack. Crazy people don't think they're getting crazy. They think they're getting saner."

You are John Locke. You are skilled, intelligent, fearless, secretive, and most likey totally insane. You manipulate those around you to get what you think the island wants. Sure, you'll find Walt's dog for him and kill a wild boar or two, but what you're after are some real answers. You've looked into the eye of that island. And what you saw was beautiful. Just let us know what it is sometime, alright?

*Gulp* I don't think I like that, even though he's my favorite...
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 11:30 PM
As it turns out, I am also this Kate person.

32% kindness, 45% courage, 96% (not a typo) seedy past, and 86% secretiveness.

FWIW, I don't watch the show.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/03/05 11:47 PM
Kate is hot, OM and Joe-Boy!
Posted By: legionadventureman Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

Me neither, OM... smile

I read bits and pieces about Lost in the TV guides, but alas, i was more "drawn" to Desperate Housewives then i was to Lost lol
Posted By: Caliente Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Jillikers! Kate is hot, LAM!
Tell us how you really feel EDE... wink lol
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

holy sh*t i can't believe you scored higher than me...

ok, where are the bodies? i don't watch this show either.
Posted By: Outdoor Miner Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 03:01 AM
Secretiveness is evidently sexy.
Posted By: Loser Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 03:32 AM
I'm Jack?!? Obviously these people don't know me very well...

You scored 62% kindness, 47% courage, 39% seedy past, and 56% secretiveness!

62% on kindness?!? They really don't know me very well...

Oh, and I agree with EDE. Kate is hot!
Posted By: Caliente Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
62% on kindness?!? They really don't know me very well...
It's all those coloring jobs you do... wracking up those kindness points. wink
Posted By: CJ Taylor Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 05:18 PM
That was a very intersting test; I was surprised by the results. It's also neat to see who some of you are likened to- and the reations here.
Posted By: l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/04/05 07:30 PM
WOW!! it looks like i'm the only one that got Hurley. confused
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/05/05 04:00 PM
Sawyer! I thought for sure I was gonna get Shannon, but Sawyer's even worse.

Ah well, proverbial grain of salt and so on...
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/05/05 11:23 PM
I can't get the site to work!
Posted By: Invisible Brainiac Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/07/05 02:15 PM
Boone
You scored 60% kindness, 43% courage, 28% seedy past, and 43% secretiveness!
"I know you made a promise. I'm letting you off the hook. Let me go, Jack."

You are Boone. You are kind and brave, with a slightly less checkered past than your fellow survivors. You are an open book, and do not keep secrets from anyone. While your humanitarian efforts are chivalrous, being so trusting and helpful can get you into major trouble...especially when you spend your days hanging around John Locke. Stay away from the manipulative types and you should be winning a Nobel Peace Prize in no time.

Your polar opposite is: Danielle. You are similar to: Jack and Claire.
Posted By: Mattropolis Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/07/05 10:48 PM
No surprise here...

You are Charlie. More specifically, you are Charlie when he was still dealing with his heroin addiction. You're a kind person, but your seedy past and intense secretiveness are hurting you. You're not one of the bravest guys on the island, but you will defend what is closest to you without fail. You'll be okay in the end because let's not forget, you're a bloody rock god!

Your polar opposite is: Michael. You are similar to: Claire and Kate.
Posted By: Blue Battler Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/09/05 01:46 PM
I'm Hurley!
Posted By: Beagz Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/19/05 12:27 AM
Wellllllllllll .........
Loser Lad and I have something in common.
Several things, apparently.

I'm Jack?
Who the bloody hell are THEY kidding?????
Posted By: Beagz Re: Which Lost character are you? - 10/19/05 02:01 AM
Wait a sec ..........

My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:

You scored higher than 58% on kindness

You scored higher than 62% on courage

You scored higher than 60% on seedy past

You scored higher than 94% on secretiveness

I'm not so sure how to take that!!!!!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 08:21 AM
My word, there's a lot of LOST threads, so I'm just going to post here.

Because I decided to wait until 1am to watch the first episode and now I am stone-cold HOOKED.

That's right, I am finally going to see just what you all were going on and on about!

I am starting the 3rd episode now, but some quick 2-part Pilot episode thoughts:

This show is doing nothing to ease my airplane phobia.

Old man with orange rind smile, sitting in the rain, playing backgammon-- "one is light, one is dark"-- that's going to be important isn't it? I can't tell if he's a force for good or evil yet, but I'm watching him.

Giant invisible monsters? Polar bears? The Land That Time Forgot?

TWIST-- hot chick's a criminal! I assume she didn't really DO whatever IT was.

I am enjoing the 'tell people's stories by revisiting the moment the plane fell apart' thing.

That Hurley guy is getting on my nerves dude. Dude he really is dude. Dude I hope he stops saying dude so much dude and then maybe dude I will like dude him dude more dude. Dude.

I don't dislike any other castmembers-- YET.

PLEASE no spoilers smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 09:02 AM
Episode 3 viewed:

CHOKE! Just as that song plays while Vincent is returned to his owner, causing your old sentimental buddy MLLASH to tear up, we end on old guy, looking tres nefarious!!

Verrrrrrrry interesting.

I'm totes gonna have to watch at least 1 more before bed...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 09:59 AM
Episode 4: We open with mysterious old guy!

oooh-- looks like the island gang will be having some bacon soon!

I like that Jack, Kate, Sawyer and Charlie seem to be the "go-to crew" for being first to explore the creepy sounds from the plane wreck-- I dub them challengers of the unknown! (I am still convinced a Challs movie or TV show could be a huge success)

Mr. LOCKE... I shan't be forgetting that name.
He knows a thing or six about boar hunting, eh?

Oh NO! Mr. Locke was a poorly-treated officeworker?? Thank you, Second Chances!

Hold up-- it occurs to me that folks should be more wary of wandering around in the woods knowing there's BEARS and BOARS in them-- I mean, Mr. Locke, Kate and Michael? Shouldn't 2 or 3 others have joined them?

J'adore Rose!!

Oh crap-- Locke's cray-cray isn't he... Helen's s sex-line worker.

Okay WTF is up with distant man in suit?

OMG!!! The "Locke SHOCK"! Wow... a miracle indeed. And something tells me THANGS don't quite work the way THANGS are supposed to on this little island.

These eps have been excellent but this goes on for SIX seasons? I hope they can maintain this level of quality.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 10:27 AM
They do! smile

It's so awesome you're watching Lost! Reading your thoughts as you see it for the first time is a lot of fun! It's bringing back the excitement I felt when I was watching!

Ep #4, the Locke episode, remains among my favorites. The end sequence still gives me goose bumps.

Keep this going!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 10:53 AM
I shall! I've been up all night, lol

Epsiode 5-- dealing with Jack's dad-- very emotional!

Also it should be noted that I have warmed a little bit to Hurley.

Favorite character remains Mr. Locke for now, with Jack, Kate and Sawyer way up there too.

I am hoping we get to meet all of these castaways and figure with 6 seasons we should be able to do that!

ONE more episode-- then a nap in case anyone expects me to do anything non-Lost related today! smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:46 AM
Episode 6--

I really really like that they never made Charlie unlikeable (to me, yet), even though he was 'the druggie'. There wasn't anything unlikeable about him! His and our mysterious Mr. Locke's scenes were great!

Cool to discover the story of our Korean castaways. I know she is Sun but I don't know his name yet.

Not super-keen on the castaways splitting up-- it is giving me a totes LORD OF THE FLIES vibe and making me nervous!!

I'm pretty sure I could watch this until I fall flat out but I'd better go take a nap in case I'm needed for anything that requires movement today! smile So glad I started LOST at last!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:48 AM
Yes! I LOVE experiencing the joy of watching LOST for the first time again vicariously through others! This thread is going to be great!

And I knew you would like this show Lash. Just make sure you stay spoiler-free - especially as the seasons go on.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 12:04 PM
Yay! It's so awesome to read about someone experiencing Lost for the first time!

There are certainly moment it stumbles over the course of six seasons, but I can't think of any other recent show (at least on network Tv) that produces as many moments of total awesomeness!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 05:11 PM
I lost interest in Star Trek: TNG early in season 2, but LOST appears to be a show that pulls you in and won't let go.

I slept with the phone by my bed and got no calls so it looks like I am free to view more LOST today!

After some thoughts on the subject, my early theory re: the island is that it is a purgatory of some sort-- and our castaways are being held there to help determine their final destinations. I'm basing this mainly on Mr. Locke-- his ability to walk on the island, and his reference to 'light and dark'... perhaps our castaways were too "in the middle" and need additional time/experiences to determine wether they are actually good or bad people?

What's poking holes in my theory is the presence of a young child on the island (it is doubtful Walt could be more 'dark' than 'light' in soul at such a young age) and the fact that some of the castaways met such quick ends (i.e., 'Guy sucked into air intake' and 'Pulled into ocean by riptide lass')

Anyway, on to episode 7!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 06:20 PM
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 06:30 PM
E7:

Oh dear-- it looks like Charlie and Locke's relationship might be a bit more twisted than I thought... I really hope Charlie doesn't do anything too nutso... even the most hardcore junkie MUST realize, once he's crashed on a deserted island, that the drugs are about to run dry... and Charlie never seemed TOo too hardcore, he seemed pretty functionable... (well, except for that outburst right before the plane went down). Hmm-- maybe I am thinking too highly of Charlie...

Looks like the caves are NOT so ideal-- oh NO! they wouldn't do away with Jack this early in the series would they?? I can totally understand Charlie's upset-- hearing "I don't need you right now" from foxy Jack would hurt my feeling too smile

Shades of THE DESCENT! *adds caves to list of phobias* "I'm here to rescue you!" laugh I think I have a crush on sweet little Charlie, despite the darker turn his life had taken pre-crash. All the broken little things I want to put back together...

Sayid! Somebody konked out Sayid! And I was sure Shannon would forget to fire her rocket...

Very powerful episode. I absolutely love Mr. Locke.

If my 'purgatory' theory is right, Charlie's time on the island may be coming to a close now that his 'light' has overcome his 'dark'.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Dave Hackett:
TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

It's very cool to see someone encounter the show for the first time, though you are causing me and I'm sure most of the others to bite through our proverbial tongues with some of your theories and observations. wink
I probably will do so in the future some cold, rainy day, Dave.

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 06:50 PM
SIDE NOTE: After first experiencing Ian S. as the sneering, sexy, deadly force of nature he is in The Vampire Diaries, it's weird to see him as such a "little boy" in LOST! His and Shannon's relationship is more on the level of little kids than adults so far, certainly.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 08:07 PM
Originally posted by MLLASH's back:

Yes-- I am kinda regretting not being able to discuss this show as it was happening! I am very much looking forward to being able to go back and READ all the LOST threads at long last!
There's a lot to be said for the communal experience of spending 5+ years speculating with fellow posters on the internet speculating about aliens, dinosaurs, nanobot clouds, and alternate timelines!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 10:08 PM
Jeepers!! It appears I have LOTS to look forward to! wink I am also looking forward to finding out what you all thought of the various characters!

And NOW-- Episode 8!

GASP!! Sawyer how dare you de-pretty Ian S.'s (Boone, I think is his name) face!

Hmm. I may be changing my 'like' view on Sawyer-- it is beyond insane that he can just be allowed to take whatever he wants out of other survivors' luggage and claim it 'finders keepers' style. If he had something out of MY luggage I'd be going at him repeatedly until I took him down or he took ME out...

Yeah... I'm convinced Sawyer needs a good, old-fashioned ass-kicking.

It is really pissing me off watching Shannon gasp for air while Sawyer walks by with STOLEN MEDICINE. Why don't Boone, Jack, and a couple others go KICK HIS ASS and take what is rightfuly THEIRS anyway? Being stranded on an island is NOT the time and place to turn yourself into a little dictator--- Oh good, Jack punched him a couple times. I feel better.

Do I feel bad about Sawyer's torture scene? Absolutely NOT. Scumbag deserved it. Can't wait to see what the rest of you thought, though...

OH... so he never had it anyway. Seems like the jerk could've SAID something to that effing effect previously.

Meanwhile, I am really ready for Sun to tell off her hypercrazy husband and am TOTES into her being 'natural plant remedies' chick!!

*GLARE* Well... I can see this show is going to be an emotional roller coaster. Well played, LOST, turning my anger at Sawyer into pity. I think I will leave him over in the dislike column for the nonce anyway, he can keep 75% of Hurley and 100% of Korean husband company there.

And Sayid leaves, to map the island-- definitely something that needs to be done. I wonder what he'll find?
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:05 PM
Loving the Lash recaps!

Charlie was a favorite of mine too. Hurley gets more development later on. I totes predict Sawyer and Jin (Korean husband guy) end up in your like column before the end of season six.

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:08 PM
It's funny, because as with any show, your view of characters will change over time.

It's going to be fun watching someone experience this for the first time.

btw...you totes need to trudge through season 2 of TNG. It really starts to pick up with season 3.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:

Don't know if you noticed, but the pilot (in the pilot) who got eaten is the telepath in Heroes (not sure if you watched Heroes)

Also, Jack was supposed to die in the pilot episodes.
I *THOUGHT* that was him, and totally expected him to be a major player... well I had that wrong!

LOST without Jack??? Kinda hard to imagine isn't it?

And now- on to Episode 9!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/25/12 11:39 PM
Yeah, originally it was Jack who was supposed to end up monster-eaten in the tree and then Kate would emerge as the unlikely leader of the group.

One of the beautiful things about the show is the way it plays with your perceptions of who you're supposed to consider a villain or a hero, and Sawyer's one of the best examples of this early on. He may be my favorite character of the original cast, just because he's so beautifully complex.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 12:29 AM
Also the actress wo played Sun originally auditioned for the role of Kate. But when they found out she could speak Korean, they created Sun & Jin. If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Jin didn't speak Korean.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 12:36 AM
Similar stories are true of several of the characters. I believe Hurley was created because they were impressed by Jorge Garcia, who'd auditioned for Sawyer (who was originally supposed to be from New York). Charlie was pretty significantly changed to allow Dominic Monaghan to play him as well (he was originally supposed to be more of an aging rockstar).
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 12:39 AM
E9:

Riveting. Sayid's story was sad. Danielle's presence pokes a fairly sizable hole in my 'purgatory' theory, but I am glad the question of who sent the distress call was answered. Apparently the thing that killed the people she knew was an illness? Madness, maybe, and she had to dispose of them?

Danielle clearly states there's no such thing as monsters, but if we're LUCKY, it's a BEAR? This infers there's scarier things than the bears there... Now we know Mr. Locke stared "the island in the eye"-- and found it beautiful awhile back. And whatever THAT thing he was looking at was mighty big.

At first I was confused as to why anyone would object to Hurley's making a golf course, but then it dawned on me that to begin to enjoy the island would mean they are beginning to accept their fate, and they probably needed a minute to process that. JUST a minute, as it turned out, which I thought worked really well. It was time for some fun.

I continue to be fascinated by Mr. Locke and his every movement, line and expression. I am convinced he is the true "big player" here somehow.

A brief break, then episode 10!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 02:32 AM
E10:

Focus on Claire, whose baby I am watching very closely... that purgatory theory, you know.

Of course the MAJOR revelations come at the end: Sayid says they aren't alone here... Well, a-DUH. The extra person who isn't on the manifest has me VERY VERY creeped out though!

Apparently it's this Ethan character who may be the Alex Danielle is looking for. Or not. smile I suppose I'll watch episode 11 and find out!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 02:41 AM
hee hee
Posted By: Exnihil Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 03:09 AM
Wow... this is so awesome that somebody again gets the joy of going into Lost cold.

You're in for a great ride, Lash! Enjoy it! (As I get to enjoy your recaps. nod )
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 03:38 AM
So cool to see ya getting into Lost, Lashie!

Without spoiling anything, I find many of your observations more insightful than any I made during those earliest episodes. It's a very challenging show, but that's one of the reasons I love it. That, and the unforgettable characters and their stories!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 03:55 AM
E11:

When Mr. Locke tells you to shhhh, you dang well better shhhh! *chills*

Oh gosh!!! Michael's jealousy of Mr. Locke is making me nervous...

Jack and Mr. Locke clashing is making me nervous...

Charlie and Claire's disappearance is making me nervous...

Oh BOONE! It's a good thing you're so pretty else I would never ever forgive you for not knowing Spock's name! "Pointy eared guy", indeed.

Hmm. Jack is kinda getting on my nerves this episode. *sigh* But then his Dad made him cry in flashback, so now I feel guilty about that. Stop this emotional roller coaster, LOST!

Good Lord! What does freak-face want with Charlie and Claire-- and who knew he could kick so much ass?

CHARLIEEEEEEEEEEEEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoooOO!

Wait, WHAT! NO! I mean, the GOOD kind of NO...

Hmm. Island has a manhole cover? That's not normal.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 04:04 AM
Ex, Lardy, Dev-- I can't imagine the torture it must have been having to wait the week between episodes, so in a way I'm kinda glad I waited... one benefit of Netflix and days when I have a lot of time on my hands.

I bet the wait after season finales was hideous! I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...

On to E12!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 04:10 AM
I can't imagine what kind of season finales this show will have...
LEGENDARY ones, Lash! nod I think the S3 finale was the biggest jaw-dropper, personally. I've a feeling it'll grab you, as well....
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 04:59 AM
E12:

*blank stare* NO mention of the island manhole cover? Annoying.

Other things that are bothering me:

The general lack of concern over, well, y'know, THAT GIANT MONSTER THAT ATE THE PILOT? And WHATEVER those THINGS WERE that were knocking over trees in the jungle everyone saw from the beach? Oh yeah, and-- THE SERIAL KILLER LOOSE ON THE ISLAND trussing up Charlie like a scene from FRIDAY THE 13th: JASON'S ISLAND ADVENTURE? HELLO.

One of my other annoyances was somewhat allieviated this episode, as we finally saw the group all gathered together at the end, after moving camp inland. It was really bothering me that the group seems so segregated and broken into little small groups. These guys should all know each others' names by now.

Charlie's breakdown and Rose's prayer had your sentimental buddy MLLASH fighting off tears.

And Shannon has a lovely singing voice smile

I'll go one more tonight and then-- we'll see, maybe another one laugh
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 06:17 AM
E13:

***GLARES AT MR. LOCKE*** He's hurt my Boone! I'm not going to get upset because just as sure as I do, LOST will turn the tables on me and make me feel bad for getting upset with him. Besides, I still trust Mr. Locke... so let's continue watching...

Hmm. First the now-working legs, then the saving Charlie, now the attempted save of whatever's bothering Boone-- surely by this episode, people were realizing that Locke is THE key figure in all of this? Or is it all a red herring and he's just really reaLLLLLLLy blessed and perceptive?

J'adore Sun's garden!!! I think I love Sun smile

Great. More invisible giant monster. *rolls eyes*

So-- Shannon was a grifter of sorts?

HOLY SHITSNACKS! Well, she was a grifter and now she's gristle-- in giant invisible monster's teeth!

Or not. *glare* Well that was trippy.

NEWEST THEORY: Locke-- or more likely whatever has INHABITED Locke's body-- is a celestial agent of some sort, and is making it his mission to steer as many of these Purgatory residents over to the LIGHT and away from the DARK as he can!

How an innocent child, a dog, an obviously already religious woman named Rose, a crazy French woman and a serial killer work into the purgatory theory is something I haven't worked out yet...

Don't tell me how horribly, horribly wrong or right I am please smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 08:11 AM
*GASP OF UTTER HORROR!* I don't care WHAT your problem is, an adult willfully destroying a kid's comic book should be tortured Sawyer-style!!

I'm starting to get paranoid that because LOST apparently likes to turn everything on its head, that Mr. Locke may actually be an EVIL entity... I hope I'm just being paranoid! Also possible: they're just a bunch of people stuck on an island.

*resumes watching, having recovered from the horrific fate of Walt's comicbook*

NOW WHAT?!?! Walt's a Carrie, Jr? He has The Shining?!? Good Lord, LOST!

WHOA. So we finally get to see another polar bear. I think we need to see the things menacing our LOSTers in order to take the threats more seriously. I do, anyway. All the ghostly hissing, howling and invisible menacing was growing tired.

I'm assuming this episode means Locke has won over yet another islander-- Michael.

ANNNNND- here's CLAIRE! These LOST bastards want me to stay up 24/7 don't they?!?!

They are TOTES turning me into THESE people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQttrkzWOo4
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 08:22 AM
I took the test linked in the original post!

(I am not reading anyone's result posts until after I finished LOST though)

Here's what I got:

Jack

You scored 47% kindness, 41% courage, 42% seedy past, and 51% secretiveness!

I personally think the secretiveness result is a little high but.... maybe not smile

*blank stare* I suppose I will watch ONE more episode, as I have nothing pressing until mid-afternoon tomorrow...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 09:22 AM
E15:

Oh, lovely, Claire has hysterical amnesia... AND she is still preggo? That baby just doesn't wanna get born does it? Or perhaps it CAN'T...

WOW-- okay so apparently Ethan is Super-SerialKiller..???

*glare* I'm slightly annoyed that I know absolutely NOTHING about poor old dead Steve/Scott and therefore feel absolutely NO tension about this whatsoever. I am one who LIKES knowing the lower-tier characters... LOST needs to start intro-ing them STAT. Knowing a damn thing about Steve/Scott would have made this a bit creepier. Wait, was he rash guy? Maybe he was rash guy.

Also, this pokes another hole in my purgatory theory frown

Oh dear-- I guess Charlie WAS guilty of bad things in the grip of his addiction... but even then still likeable.

Nice suspense with the Ethan setup-- I thoroughly enjoyed Jack beating the shit out of him. I am sure momentarily, LOST will make me feel bad for feeling that way smile *resumes viewing*

Hmm. He's dead- rightfully so in my opinion-- he DID leave Charlie strung up and dead himself (as far as Charlie or I know anyway)... but with him dies a lot of potential answers. Ah well, I am sure we haven't heard the end of this and Ethan was in actuality the only thing that could get everyone off the island or protect them from something awful. smile wink
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 11:00 AM
When the Ethan episodes were coming out, people were flipping the fuck out!!! The episode where he hangs Charlie and then Kate & Jack find him...then Jack is trying to save him and Kate realizes it may be too late and starts to cry...and then he lives!!! Wow, it was so powerful.

I've watched season 1 four times, so I have a good memory of it. Your posts on this thread are now my first stop on LW!

The finale for season 1 is nothing short of incredible. Season 2's intro is then a game-changer with a finale that is mind-blowingly good (perhaps my favorite of them all, though the end to the season 5 finale might be the best). You are in for some good stuff!

Locke was always my favorite. Like you, I was totally riveting by everything he did.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 06:01 PM
It speaks very highly of this show that even a couple years after it finishes, people get very excited to talk about it again!

E16:

A bit of a slow episode as we learn more about Sawyer. I still am not moving him back into the 'like' column just yet; I'm put off by his over the top cockiness mainly but his story is a very sad one. He needs to open up more for me to embrace the character. I'm pretty sure it will get there.

He really SHOULD have shot the boar though, since recently there were complaints of no boar meat.

Anyhoo, I'm debating possible other theories about the island, as the purgatory theory I am so in love with seems more and more unlikely.

It is possible that they really are just stuck on an island but some of the metaphysical stuff and facing of inner demons scenarios sure does make it seem like there's a higher purpose to it all.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 06:05 PM
Ah, the whispers....
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 07:26 PM
The whispers, which were actual dialog, played backwards iirv.

I remember the net buzzing after every episode they were in, people figuring them out.

Also, pay attention to the books and other things being read. They are great 'in-jokes' for lack of a better term.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 07:44 PM
I don't think the ordinary whispers are backwards, but it does take quite a bit of audio enhancement to decipher them.

The amazing thing about the books is that people would form book clubs just to read all of the books referenced on Lost. For awhile, being mentioned on Lost was like being selected by Oprah as far as its impact on book sales.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 07:58 PM
Lostpedia has the full Whispers transcripts (as near as anyone can tell).

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts

LASH!!! Don't go on any other Lostpedia page than the one above, as they are obviously rife with spoilers. But when you're done, its an invaluable resource.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 07:58 PM
[b]TNG: Season 2 is seen as one of the low points I think, I'd encourage you to return some time.

I probably will do so in the future some cold, rainy day, Dave.

[/b]
BAH!! A THOUSAND TIMES BAH!!! don't give up ...the show hits it's stride in season 3 ! and resurrects a franchise! Deep Space 9, Voyager, and Enterprise are all around because STTNG was so frickin awesome. BouncingBoy

season 2 is honestly the worst season ... and it dosn't even seem like the same show sometimes. (I still love it all though)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 08:08 PM
thanks Dave, I look forward to it when I can't spoil myself!

Gotta be fast today, late for stuff-- E17:

FANTASTIC ep centering on Sun and Jin. Still don't like HIM, but SHE is beyond fabulous and the moment she stepped into the water at the end, well, that's just damned good TV right there.

GOTTA mention-- Walt burning the raft was a stunning revelation! I knew the raft plot would die once Sawyer said he was leaving on it-- I could picture Michael, Walt and a couple of no-names sailing away to NeverBeSeenAgain Land but def. not Sawyer.

But with Walt's revelation, and words: "I like it here", and knwoing there's something odd/possibly paranormal about the kid... well, he moves up right alongside Mr. Locke now as character to watch.

CRAP. LATE.. gotta go!!!!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 08:17 PM
Jin and Sun are two of my favorites.

Lash, I'm enjoying your reviews maybe more than the tv show!! how you don't have your own television show is beyond me.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 08:21 PM
I totes forgot about Walt burning the raft!

I knew the raft plot would die once Sawyer said he was leaving on it-- I could picture Michael, Walt and a couple of no-names sailing away to NeverBeSeenAgain Land but def. not Sawyer.
This is cracking me up so much! wink
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/26/12 09:44 PM
^hee hee hee
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 02:14 AM
RANDOM LEGION WORLD COMPLIMENT DEPT:

Is there any place more special than this place? I kinda doubt it! I haven't mentioned my LOST viewing on Facebook because I don't trust someone there not to purposefully spoil stuff just to be a dick. Here on LW that is not even an issue I had to consider. Plus the fun y'all are having with my reviews makes it even MORE awesome for me! Y'all are love (as is well-documented)

BEST WEB COMMUNITY EVER! Of course, this was already well known to us but I just had to say it!!

I've been celebrating a good health report from the doctor with drinks, so I'm kinda scared to watch another ep tipsy... but also I kinda want to! One drunk episode can't hurt, right? So, here goes... I'll be back to report!

PS/

Originally posted by Power Boy:

Lash, I'm enjoying your reviews maybe more than the tv show!! how you don't have your own television show is beyond me.
Tee-hee! I know, right? It's not like I'm not the whole package!! Brains, looks, personality, massive trainwreck potential... wink
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 02:33 AM
Lostpedia has the full Whispers transcripts (as near as anyone can tell).

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Whisper_transcripts

LASH!!! Don't go on any other Lostpedia page than the one above, as they are obviously rife with spoilers. But when you're done, its an invaluable resource.
In looking through the whisper transcriptions, at least one of the titles is kind of a spoiler.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 03:01 AM
Jeepers! He's watching "Numbers" drunk!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 04:03 AM
E18:

Spontaneous Drinking game! I am taking a drink everytime Hurley says DUDE, every time Jin is surly, and every time Locke does/says something mysterious/cool this ep!

*sips* Theres a dude! *sips* DUDE! *sips* DUDE again! LOL!

ARE YOU $+ITTING ME? THE JACKPOT? HE WON THE EFFING JACKPOT?!?! LOL-- I'd faint too!

Random drunk observation:

TOP 5 CUTEST LOST GUYS (in no particular order and based SOLELY on my superficial view of looks)

Sayid, Jack, Sawyer, Boone, Charlie (with an extra-heavy *dreamy sigh* for Boone and Charlie and a special runner-up kiss to Jin for having the most sexy rigid jawline and cut features this side of Sawyer)

DUDE! *sips wine, ponders* Hmmm... Claire NOT having her baby and Hurley NOt losing any weight --i've been pretty big and a guy that big eating deserted island food for 2-plus weeks should have a noticeable weight loss by now-- plus the fact these guys don't have major beards by now, PLUS the weirdness with the compasses tells me my 'purgatory' theory should alter to some sort of 'time stands still' theory... *considers, resumes watching*

*glare* Diego is the reason so many lottery millionaires end up broke a year later.

STOP HUMANIZING HURLEY, LOST...!! Stop making me like him...!!! Oh Lord, he never got to help his Grandpa... *sobs, thanks lucky stars*

DUDE!!!! *sips wine, is glad now Hurley says DUDE a lot because of thirst*

Boone- mysteriously enlisting Claire's help! *sips wine*

"Struck by lightnign at the funeral"... lol C'mon, that's pretty funny!! OH! I should quickly mention a Hurley moment I really liked last ep that I didn't have time to mention before-- when his CD player batteries went out! I *really( felt for him then, you KNOW that would suck!! That was actulay the first time I really TRULY related to him! *burps, resumes watching*

OMG-- he bought my dream house!!! (I have a long history with fantasy dream houses... I blame early exposure to RICHIE RICH comics, that 1-percent shorts-wearing little bastard!)

BROKEN ANKLE? Come ON---!! NO ONE is THIS lucky THEn unlucky, right??!?!

lol Okay I feel guilty but this shit is hiarious!! lol Poor Hurley!!

DUDE!!! *sips drink* PS/ thank goodness this is a Hurley-heavy episode... if I was depending on Jin's surliness or Locke's awesomeness I would be sober by now! *glare*

*sips drink* YAY!!! JIN was SURLY-- FINALLY!!!

Awww! I'm glad Sayid, Charlie and Jack joined Hurley on his battery quest! Does Hurley getting me drunk this episode count as me liking him? That remains to be seen. One or two more "dudes" should tell the tale... *resumes*

DUDE (do not do that right now)! HOORAY! *sips wine*

Just noticed-- very nice job of making Hurley look larger in flashback! Lenny/Leonard, eh? Who TF is Leonard? *resumes*

OMG... HURLEY is... CALAMITY KING?!?! (tooniverse version) lol

CRAP. This is kinda freaking me OUT. I'm going to stop here (Lenny's breakdown) and resume when I'm niiiice and sobered up. Sorry, y'all.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 07:40 AM
Also the actress wo played Sun originally auditioned for the role of Kate. But when they found out she could speak Korean, they created Sun & Jin. If I'm not mistaken, the actor who played Jin didn't speak Korean.
Yeah!

Sun was actress in Korea, and Jin is American. pretty funny. Jin's also racktacular and abtacular. "as is wel-known."
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 11:56 AM
E18:
CRAP. This is kinda freaking me OUT. I'm going to stop here (Lenny's breakdown) and resume when I'm niiiice and sobered up. Sorry, y'all.
That may be for the best. There's some important stuff about to drop.
tongue
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 12:28 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 01:01 PM
LASH, I double dogone dare you to wait at least 48 hours between the end of Season 1 and the start of Season 2. Then imagine what it was like to wait months.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 01:06 PM
The opening of Season 2 = probably EDE's favorite five minutes of television ever.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 02:06 PM
I remember watching the first five minutes of the Season 2 FINALE, and being like "HOLY EFFING CRAP ON A STICK!!!"

My brother and I were going nuts as it was airing. Because of that shock, I've always considered it the biggest surprise finale of the season, moreso than Season 3 (which we've talked about on other threads in terms of how some of us were blown away by it and others just took it in stride).

Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. I can't wait to see Lash's reaction as he marches towards the finale of season one! The intensity is about to be upped another notch!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 03:52 PM
Even though I know it was great because every season finale on LOST was great, I actually can't remember what happened in the season 2 finale.

For me, nothing beats the season 3 or season 5 (in particular, the final scene) endings. Just effin' amazing IMO.

I really need to re-watch this show. I want to meet a guy who hasn't seen it and then make him my boyfriend so we can enjoy it together. Any criticisms of it and he's out the door! wink

Actually, that's not true. As much as I love this show, I did have some problems with it. The good far outweighed the bad though.

Did anyone here ever buy the special edition box-set by the way? I really want to get it but it's kinda pricey and I need someone to encourage me. I'll also need to order it from America too because the Australian one only came with like half the features! I HATE DVD region-coding/short-changing international markets!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 05:49 PM
Yeah Cobie, I just sped through he transcript and I'm not sure what was jaw dropping about the opening (though its still good), unless it's the first hints of things to come. Maybe you can get all spoilery in a spoiler box and eloborate?

I also must admit I still haven't seen the "New Man in Charge". I have to rectify that soon.

EDIT; Unless you mean the start of Part 2 when you break the episode up?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 06:15 PM
Lash, don't read this:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I mean when you first learn it's a Desmond flashback episode! At that point, it was the first time a character like that got their own episode, and I was shocked and delighted to see it. Until then, he had been as mysterious as any character ever was on the show.

It set the precedent for other episodes where flashbacks / forwards / sideways would happen that you didn't expect, but this was the first one.

And it was so freaking good too! Those final moments were truly moving, when Des opens the book and finds Penny's letter.

But anyway, I thought the surprise of Desmond having a flashback was even bigger than the surprise in Season 3 where it was a flash-forward. For some reason, that just kind of made sense for me; I had suspected that was the case already.

Blacula, the final moments of the season five finale rank among the best ever. To see Juliet, dying & crying, banging against the warhead...and then everything goes white...chills.</span></span>
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lash, don't read this:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I mean when you first learn it's a Desmond flashback episode! At that point, it was the first time a character like that got their own episode, and I was shocked and delighted to see it. Until then, he had been as mysterious as any character ever was on the show.

It set the precedent for other episodes where flashbacks / forwards / sideways would happen that you didn't expect, but this was the first one.

And it was so freaking good too! Those final moments were truly moving, when Des opens the book and finds Penny's letter.

But anyway, I thought the surprise of Desmond having a flashback was even bigger than the surprise in Season 3 where it was a flash-forward. For some reason, that just kind of made sense for me; I had suspected that was the case already.

Blacula, the final moments of the season five finale rank among the best ever. To see Juliet, dying & crying, banging against the warhead...and then everything goes white...chills.</span></span>
Ah, I see. I thought you were referring to

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">His revelation that he couldn't leave the island, even with a good compass and navigation, which was the first real confirmation that the island was outside of real space/time.</span></span>
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/27/12 07:48 PM

I also must admit I still haven't seen the "New Man in Charge". I have to rectify that soon.
"The New Man in Charge" was a bt disappointing IMO. It didn't answer anything that keen observers of the show wouldn't have already worked out; and while it was great to see ________ again, as soon as they looked like they were about to do anything interesting with them... the episode ended! Frustrating! Still, more LOST is always a good thing.

And CK - yes, that season 5 final scene was exactly as powerful as you describe. When I'm feeling nostalgic and need a quick LOST fix it's always one of the scenes I re-watch on YouTube.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 02:46 AM
Your old buddy MLLASH is all sober and rested up now, and ready for some Friday night LOST-a-thonning! Can't stay up all night but I figure I can get a few episodes in!

Also started having a bit of fun with LOST screen captures as I go. Too a-scared to post on Facebook for now. NOT scared to here though. Why, here's one now!

[Linked Image]

*resumes Hurley episode*

So we have numbers that may or may not be cursed. They are really tossing around some paranormal ideas aren't they? Well played, LOST crew.

I think my problem with Hurley- still- is his overusage of the word 'dude'. It is REALLY annoying and very disrespectful. I'm pretty sure if he started calling people by their names, his annoying level would drop massively.

Did this not annoy anyone else about the character, or is it just more noticeable to me because I'm watching the episodes so close together? I swear he's said it like 300 times!! If he said it to me, I would be all- STOP calling me DUDE, dude!

HOLY SHITSNACKS! Those cursed numbers are on the jungle manhole cover!!!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 03:15 AM
Hmm... I wonder if Sawyer's lack of calling people by their names is influencing your opinion of him...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 03:28 AM
You may be right-- I was highly annoyed at him calling Kate "Freckles". It comes off smarmy and not cute to me. Now I am one to use nicknames for friends, but it always involves their actual name in some capacity.

For instance, I might call Alec, "Alec-Ellen". wink

Took a Facebook break, but now on to next episode!
Posted By: Exnihil Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 03:47 AM
I think my problem with Hurley- still- is his overusage of the word 'dude'. It is REALLY annoying and very disrespectful. I'm pretty sure if he started calling people by their names, his annoying level would drop massively.

Did this not annoy anyone else about the character, or is it just more noticeable to me because I'm watching the episodes so close together? I swear he's said it like 300 times!! If he said it to me, I would be all- STOP calling me DUDE, dude!
If you and I ever meet, Lash, I'm going to annoy the heck out out you. I refer to all my male friends incessantly as, "Brother."

... which - time will tell - may or may not bear any relevance whatsoever to your enjoyment of Lost. wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 04:54 AM
Actually "Brother" has a sweet connotation to it that "Dude" just doesn't have, so I'd be proud to be your brother, Ex! It may be all in my head but "Dude" sometimes sounds a bit negative to me, especially the way Hurley uses it, brother! smile

tee-hee, After going on like this, I will be scared to ever use the word 'dude' again. smile I probably made a bigger deal out of it than it is but I am sure it's what is holding me back from the Hurley character...

E19:

What's up with Locke's "no pain" legs? His surprise tell me I am way off base with my 'inhabited by a celestial entity' theory... unless sometimes he doesn't KNOW he's been inhabited...

BUT- per his statement "The island will tell us what to do", he DOES seem to have an affinity with the island, he DOES understand somewhat what is going on here...

EEEK! Locke's dream was totally freaking me out!

Yikes. Locke is WAY more handsome without hair!

I'm tickled by Michael and Jin being raft-pals now. Also- am surprised this raft plotline is moving forward.

Hmm... Sawyer's light sensitivity/headache is troubling. Glasses! HA! Jack was very mean to expose Sawyer's --umm, sex issues-- that way, but lol

Mr. Locke's leg issues-- this is really unnerving me!! I am really liking that he and Boone are BFFs, BTW...

The plane! The plane!

Heee! Sawyer needing glasses makes me like him more for some reason!

*glare* And now here's Hurley with a random "dude" line. Love the glasses they made for Sawyer!

oh, shitsnacks!!! PLEASE tell me this heroin find doesn't mean an upcoming relapse for Charlie!! And for goodness sake Boone, get that pretty posterior OUT of that rickety old plane!

"There were no survivors of 815"... well, that should tell us soemthing right there...

BOOOOOONE! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I may never forgive Mr. Locke for this!!!! Save my Boonie, Jack!! *glares at Locke*

Wow... what John's biological parents did was BEYOND despicable...!

Well Mr. Locke, you are still the most fascinating character on LOST but if any permanent harm comes to my sweet Boone because of you, we will have a problem.

Now, open that stupid pod thingie already!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 06:35 AM
Hurley was never one of my favorite characters either, but I warmed to him eventually.
Posted By: Mystery Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 06:43 AM
This is a treat- sharing a new viewer's experience of a favorite show after just enough time has passed to make me want to savor it again.

I really enjoy reading your impressions of the characters. You've warmed up to Hurley a bit... it'll be ineresting to see what you think of Jin later on....

You haven't discussed Kate much yet- what do you think of her?

An aspect of the show that never gets discussed much, but one that contributes as much as any character, is the music. Music always shapes filmed entertainment, but it really does so in LOST. Masterfully. I believe it was accomplished in an unusual method of production, too.

One thing about LOST, no matter what you thought of the way things resolved, you gotta admit the show did a terrific job of introducing and casting new characters each season.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 06:51 AM
NEW characters? More people are coming to the island? Interesting... but we haven't even met everyone who is there already so also annoying!

re: Kate... I guess the only thing I've noted here about her is her bravery as one of the 'challengers of the unknown'... I like her POST-island... but her criminal involvement PRE-island is more than a bit ugly and is the kind of thing to put me off the character. It hasn't though, because POST-island she is pretty much great... and now, on to E20!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:13 AM
E20

oh GOSH, Boone is so hurt...!

As if I didn't already love our mistress of herbal cures and gardens enough, Sun shows she has what it takes under pressure too!

oooh Boone looks so bad...!

Well crap on a platter, NOW Claire decides to go into Labor??!?!?!

Jack, I know your stress level has gotta be pretty much at MAX, but please stop being rude to Sun...

Yay, a needle-thingie! Sun saves the day again! I am really worried that the fact Jack needs a 'win' so badly means Boone is going in the 'lose' column... plus the fact we already had one miraculous save with Charlie... what are the odds of there being two?

HEY-- I just figured out, Jack's fiance is Modern Family's Claire!

MmmHmmm. Baby not coming anymore. That's what happens-- IN PURGATORY. Or... ON THE ISLAND WHERE TIME STANDS STILL!

Side-note: I realize Locke is probably deep inside mystery jungle pod but I think he should be with Boone.

*glares at Boone* Get over your money-grubbing step-sister, little boy. For some reason, the scene of him mumbling "Shannon" reminded me of that oooold issue of AVENGERS where The Vision has been seriously injured and is mumbling Wanda's name in his pain-induced delerium... (Mantis is with him and kindly pretends to be Wanda to help ease his mind... of course, she was in love with him too)

Awww, CRAP. Amputation? The leg is dead? Well that's pretty much going to suck. Thing is-- Locke had the premonition dream of Boone covered in blood. I blame him for this!!

I'm having a hard time getting into Claire's baby drama because of poor Boone's dire situation-- I do hope it isn't some kind of mutant monster baby or something...

Coughing up blood... never a good sign is it? Okay, I am going to just accept now that Boone is not going to make it... besides, "There were no survivors of flight 815" anyway...

DAMN it Jack, listen to Sun-- don't torture the poor kid more already...!

lol Cleanest baby ever!!! Meanwhile, the letting go scene with Jack and Boone was marvelous. Well Ian, I very much look forward to seeing you again when the 3rd season of VAMPIRE DIARIES hits Netflix, or when you take me out on a date, whichever comes first.

Jin was downright loveable this episode!

John Locke has some 'splainin' to do next ep.

Meanwhile, Boone's death and the baby being born has pretty much destroyed both my purgatory AND time stands still theories. *glare*

PS/ VERY nice to see the whole island gang show up at the end. Now if only they would INTRODUCE us to them. Also, I looked very closely and didn't see Rose. I DEMAND ROSE.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 09:33 AM
E21:

*Nyquil kicking in so this may only be a partial recap to be continued later*

Jeepers-- maybe I *AM* a Jack like the LOST CHARACTER test says after all... his anger at Mr. Locke over Boone matches my own...

Shannon's back to her old men-manipulating ways, eh? She needs to go next.

LOCKE knocked out Sayid? That I didn't see coming.

Dang! That is one VERY nice looking raft! I'd totes ride in it...

*giggles at Charlie/Sawyer/baby scene*

Lovely. Shannon's got a gun. *rolls eyes*

*loves Sawyer in his glasses* His super baby-soothing speech powers are JUST the thing to make me LOVE him! smile

"No more lies". Sayid is good, isn't he?

I hope to finish season 1 tomorrow evening!!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 09:38 AM
Sayid is one of my two favorite characters.

The other I will reveal a little later.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 10:39 AM
The best thing about LOST IMO, is that it was so hard to pick a Top 2, 3, 5 or even 10 characters. There are SO many, SO good characters in this show. Obviously some characters were more central to the plot and received more air-time than others, but even the ones who only lasted a short time were extremely memorable and had a lasting impact. If any television show ever mastered the 'ensemble', it was this one.

TAKE NOTE, LEGION WRITERS! mad
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 12:04 PM
I like that point ... doing a Legion comic with like

5 pages on a character or two

(over the course of a year you could have a short spotlight on like 24 of the LSH)

and 10 on random shit and moving the overall plot forward would be a great way to go. It happens at Vertigo a lot.

of course by pages ... I mean with dialogue ... not just a two page splash of so and so punching someone in the face.

Lash - I may have to resume watching Lost ... your enthusiasm is catching!

p.s. Boone is one of my favorites ... even without his cuteness. even for the short time he was on.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 01:32 PM
I would use a second "Legionnaires" title to spotlight individual characters every month. Over the course of two years, you'd actually get through all of the active members.

Anyway, I was thinking about a Top Five or so missteps of Lost the other day, and most of the ones I came up with were characters that were either killed off too soon or whose backstories were never developed enough.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 04:09 PM
^ I could come up with a lot more than that but they'd all be a bit spoilery so I might leave them until Lash finishes the show.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 05:20 PM

"There were no survivors of 815"... well, that should tell us soemthing right there...
Not to be too spoilery, but before you get off on this tangent too much, That's NOT what the voice on the radio said. I admit I heard the exact same thing when I first saw the episode, but they do say something completely different.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:40 PM
So I actually re-watched the three parts of the Season 1 finale in anticipation of Lash watching! Man, this show repays re-watching! I actually noticed at least a couple of cool things I'd never noticed before that are kind of significant in the light of later developments!

Can't wait to see Lash's take on Arzt! wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:44 PM
(I suppose I should state: MAJOR LOST SPOILER SCREEN CAPTURE IN THIS POST! DO NOT LOOK AT IF YOU WANT TO WATCH LOST FOR THE FIRST TIME LATER!!!!)

David, someone told me the exact same thing in a non-spoiler LOST conversation I am having elsewhere. Now, because of recent ear issues and general deafness, I watch everything with the closed captions on.

Here is a screen capture (complete with captions) of the exact moment the voice on the radio replies to what Boone said:

[Linked Image]

So... maybe the plan changed later on, but it seems at this point the idea is to lead us to believe these guys died in the crash.

Of course, Boone just died on the island so that doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I am looking forward to whatever twists and turns may come!

The rest of my Saturday is reserved for LOST!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:47 PM
So I actually re-watched the three parts of the Season 1 finale in anticipation of Lash watching! Man, this show repays re-watching! I actually noticed at least a couple of cool things I'd never noticed before that are kind of significant in the light of later developments!

Can't wait to see Lash's take on Arzt! wink
I couldn't help but notice all 3 season 1 finale eps are titled EXODUS (parts 1, 2 and 3). VERY interesting title!!! I am TOTES finishing Season one TODAY!
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:51 PM
I'm starting to think I should rent LOST, too.

(I never did try the show)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:54 PM
Kid C, I am finding it has just enough amounts of horror, drama, mystery, paranormal subtext, hot guys, cool chicks and humor to be a really good balance!! Knowing you and I have similar tastes, I would say DEF at least try Season 1 and go from there!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:56 PM
Yay! Once Lash finished it we can relive it all another time through KidChaos! wink
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 08:56 PM
Cool, I'll have to pick it up. I noticed it's super cheap at Target the other day...
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 09:06 PM
Arzt rules!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 09:15 PM
Watching part one of the Season 1 finale right now.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 10:52 PM
E22:

Appears to be a Kate-heavy episode. That girl has a LOT of bad karma to work off; thing is, since she hit the island, it is like, she's the PERFECT WOMAN. Make me think we're all just a plane crash away from truly becoming what we were meant to be...

GASP! It occurs to me now, after Charlie's excitement over the raft-- Kate (alongside Locke) has the LEAST amount of reasons to want to be rescued! On the island, she's Wonder Woman... in real life, she's more like, I dunno, FEMbrain with a guilt complex!

"Monsoon season is bad." I thought it was drugs that were bad, Weatherman-face. FINALLY we meet one of the mystery survivors.

Wow. So apparently the "exodus" referred to in the season 1 finale 3-parter title is going to be the story of the raft? Kate's going too? That's a shocker.

Dang. Michael's kinda being a dick about who can and can't leave on the raft with him. Chill dude, Kate doesn't take up much space... (GASP! I just "dude"...)

Shitsnacks! Michael's getting sick? NEW THEORY: The island is obviously sentient and draws life force from others, and will use whatever means it deems necessary to keep people from leaving! See also:

[Linked Image]

From Giant Size X-men 1 which is reprinted here:

[Linked Image]

I'm totes right, aren't I!!!?!

*resumes LOSTing*

*stares at Kate* She is pretty much incredibly beautiful, isn't she? And in that super-hot "all natural not too fake" way.

"Turnip head"... oh Charlie lol And what's really funny is he's saying it like it's the kid's real name, without an ounce of 'trying to be funny'... "You can hang out with me in L.A.... you AND Turnip Head." *giggles* When someone else actually calls the baby that, I'm going to be on the floor, rolling in laughter that threatens the ability of my ass to remain on!

Wellity wellity wellity! Locke touches Walt and suddenly Walt knows allllllll about the jungle-pod-thingie! That kid TOTES has The Shining!

Sawyer being the "go to guy" to blame shady stuff on in kinda mean, but this is what happens WHEN YOU ACT LIKE SAWYER. *looks at Sawyer* Learn something from this, Bocephus, and start being nicer!

Well we knew old Tom was a goner once we saw him with that little airplane. Kate's had some bad luck, much of it created by her... and it appears her past is back to haunt her present on the island with Sawyer j'accuse-ing her of poisoning Michael!

I'm noticing lots more no-names in the background, I like that they are at least being shown.

GASP! Sun is the culprit? That's some good detective work there, Jack, though it compeltely demolishes my 'sentient island in need of life force' theory! BLAST!

TWIST!!!! So it WAS Kate after all, using Sun to do her dirty work and disguising it as helping Sun-! This is some very classic sociopathic behavior-- for all I know. smile She's no Wonder WOman after all...

And Walt comes clean about burning the raft, as well as making the ominous statement that YES, we DO have to leave the island, upping the suspense ante very nicely!

NEXT: THE 3-PART FINALE.

I'm of the notion that this will be a classic for the ages, as several of you are rewatching it as well!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 10:54 PM
Lash,

IIRC, Hurley does diminish the number of "dudes" he says, but I don't think he entirely drops them.

One thing I really liked about Season 1 was the interconnectedness of the characters that they don't even know about and in the early episodes where you see the same scene but from a different character's perspective.
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 11:06 PM
Lash you are too funny
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 11:27 PM
Just finished the finale.

I really miss this show. Fantastic stuff.

I may have to watch S2 opener. One of my favorite episodes. I'll let Lashy know why later.

Bad Robot.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 11:43 PM
]I couldn't help but notice all 3 season 1 finale eps are titled EXODUS (parts 1, 2 and 3). VERY interesting title!!! I am TOTES finishing Season one TODAY!
I'm pretty sure it originally aired as one large episode.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/28/12 11:43 PM
Yep. Broken up for re-airings.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 12:23 AM
EXODUS PART 1

Oh look, it's Whackjob Danielle come a-calling. Shitsnacks! Can there BE a more ominous name for a mystery group than "THE OTHERS"? They should call themselves "The Rest" which, as is well-documented, is much less ominous.

Run, hide or die? What about the 4th choice, Dani-- shooting The Others a hateful glare? Or-- shooting them with the guns?

HOLY CRAP ON A PLATTER, ROUSSEAU WAS RIGHT! Black smoke!

Lots of No-Name Squad appearances... Arzt steps up, eh? You may become a regular yet, Monsoon man... unlike my poor missing Rose, who has yet to reappear despite my demands for her presence!! *glares* Why art thou ignoring my demands, LOST?

Nicely done... Sawyer's relaying the story of his meeting with Jack's father. Certainly restores lots of goodwill for ol' Bocephus!

ARZT is the one person Hurley decides NOT to call dude? WHATEVS, LOST. (And DAMN YOU for making me mad that Hurley *doesn't* call someone "dude", you crafty bastards!!) ps/ Major redshirt vibe from our resident previously unseen castaway now that he has joined the "landing party"...

"A perfect mast"... *stares at shirtless Sawyer* Not far from it, Sawpants... not far from it at all.

SHITSNACKS ON A CRACKER!!!! Something else else's after Leslie Arzt!!

"Protect the island"... HEY! Maybe my Krakoa theory isn't so crazy!!

The Shannon/Walt/Vincent scene was VERY sweet.

BOONIE!!!! It's a flashback, but I'll take him any way I can get him! love

TWIST! The Black Rock isn't a ROCK at all!

*CHOKE* Jin and Sun's goodbye scene totes has your sentimental buddy MLLASH dabbing tears!

SHADES OF TOTO! Vincent swimming after Walt is breaking my heart over here--!!!

WOW... an incredibly powerful and hopeful finish of part 1 with the raft leaving... I'm concerned to see how the twisted bastards who write this stuff are about to toy with my emotions next! wink

Snack run-- I require Funyuns-- then part 2!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 12:33 AM
Speaking of Kate being beautiful, it's well documented that Eryk has a crazy intense crush on her! I mean, sure a lot of us do, but I'm pretty sure Eryk actually called dibs.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 12:42 AM
^^This mirrors real life, where I totally have a thing for hot murderous chicks that I'm convinced will become virtuous if only they get marooned on a desert island with me!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 12:56 AM
Like others, you've inspired me to re-watch parts of the finale. I can't wait to hear your reaction to the last 15 minutes. What craziness awaits you.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 02:13 AM
EXODUS PART 2

Crazy Dani's going to GTF outta there before THE REST show up... smart girl!

GHOST SHIIIIIIP! As may be less than well known, EDE taught me that skeletons are nothing to fear. Why should I be scared of the dog's lunch?

lol Arzt annoying Hurley is, like, the funniest thing EVER!

OMG-- WAS ARZT CREATED to speak up for the No-Name Squad??? This confirms my theory that somehow I ended up going back in time and inserting a character to speak out against the ignoring of lower-tier characters! Hilarious!

ANNNNNND if I say so myself, I couldn't have written a BETTER EXIT for him! lol lol lol

HELLO are they NUTS? STILL trying to handle that dynamite?!?!

Awww crap... Dani's the babynapper.

Poison Shirt Druggie Lass isn't playing when she says she needs a bump... dang.

"Aaron", eh? Well that baby's going to grow up to be gay per a scientific system I perfected. wink

Shitsnacks!!! The boat's gone pear-shaped!!

Yay! Sawpants saves the day!!

Kidnapped babies and little kids are my least-liked form of suspense, so I hope this isn't an ongoing thing with Turnip head...

DAMN IT SAYID! He's led Charlie right to the heroin!!

And we end with Jack, Kate, Locke and Hurley traipsing through the geniusly-named Dark Territory, carrying old ass leaky dynamite and looking to find some hope within the jungle pod tesseract thingie...
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 02:21 AM
Watching it again, I laughed hysterically when Arzt was ranting about the dynamite, and then...you know.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:17 AM
EXODUS PART 3

Major Sale here at Totally Tentacles! Eat one Locke, get a Jack for free... or a faceful of dynamite. And our shrieky mostly-unseen hole-dweller didn't at all care for it.

Jin giving Michael the watch... very sweet!

Sayid, Combat medic. MAJOR ouchies!!!

*glare* Well this 'The Others' plotline has kinda been a bust. Now get Turnip head back to Mama Claire and let's not do that crap anymore please.

The boat crew-- rescued? Yeah I ain't falling for THAT... awwww come ON. Another kidnapped kid plot? Sorry guys, but this isn't working for me.

Okay, it's done.

While I enjoyed the extended sequence of everyone boarding the plane and the lengthy downward shot inside the pod thingie at the end, there is nothing... and I mean absolutely nothing that could interest or intrigue me less than a kidnapped kid plotline for a cliffhanger.

I dunno about this, folks.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:27 AM
Keep going...trust me. There are some rough spots along the way, but the entirety is worth it. There are so many cool (shocking, jaw dropping, frustrating even) things that happen.

Do not give up now.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:33 AM
I'll watch Season 2 episode 1 but I'm less excited about it now. They have at least earned that... maybe the kidnapped Walt plot will resolve fast and not drag out for umpteen episodes.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:40 AM
Keep going brother. It's worth it.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:54 AM
There is a ton of other things happening while the Walt subplot resolves itself.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:58 AM
Yeah, the Walt kidnapping subplot takes quite awhile to resolve, but mostly because it's pushed to the background while tons of other really awesome stuff is going on.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 04:03 AM
It's not like the Sophia thing where it weighs down a huge chunk of the season. It is not even touched on, iirc, for quite a few episodes.

added: S2 ep1, is the first episode I actually watched. then caught up renting from a local video store in about the week it took to get to the next episode.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 04:09 AM
And, as I said before:

The opening of Season 2 = probably EDE's favorite five minutes of television ever.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 04:09 AM
Made that character one of my top two faves, along with Sayid. Number three shall remain a mystery for a while.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 06:15 AM
Your old buddy MLLASH had to take a brief nap, and awoke planning to go into Season 2 of LOST without childnapped prejudice, watching as many eps as I could... but the internet is not working right... I blame Hurley for this!

It took me, like, 30 minutes just to get on LW, log in and post this!

Facebook and Netflix won't come up at all right now, but I am trying, promise!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 06:34 AM
Netflix is totally trying to come up now...

It *appears* to now have come up... let's see what happens...

S2 E1

Rats-- it's not wanting to load!! 7%... 20%... *looks at watch* ...well this is more annoying than an episode of nothing but Hurley saying "dude" and Walt and Turnip head getting abducted repeatedly...

It ain't a-working right now. *glare* STUPID TECHNOLOGY!!!

I'll take a little On-Demand TV break and return to the interwebz later, after all the people surfing free porn have gone to sleep!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 10:13 AM
Things appear to be back to normal!

S2 E1

Who is this boxer-wearing excellently-coiffed hottie...?

GASP!!!! He's playing one of my favorite songs EVER!!!!

OMG he's in the hatch!!!

Hmm. Locke is starting to get on my nerves. And no, it isn't just because I blame him for Boone's death... I'm getting a serious vibe from him that the island is, maybe, starting to take him over? Maybe making him a little cray-cray? One thing I am sure of: Locke no longer has any regard for the rest of his castaways-- or that regard is diminishing rapidly... I predict bad things out of Locke now...

Well, THAT'S one word that rarely means anything pleasant: QUARANTINE.

lol Hurley just cracked me up!! With that whole, "All this shitty stuff happens to us but at least we get to sleep in every morning" bit... Good one, Hurls! Also noted: Hurley's weight loss.

Holy Bad Flashback Jack hair!!

FINALLY seeing what I have wanted to see- the castaways ALL together, sharing info. This would be VITAL in a real castaways situation, I would think...

I admire Kate wanting to keep a look out for Locke. Meanwhile, my opinion of Locke is continuing to deteriorate...

YEESH! That had to hurt his hands!! And now Kate is down there with Quarantine Hot Hatch Guy!

Desmond? Hatch guy is the Desmond Jack was talking to? Oh come ON now, this is some bulltrish right here.

Y'all are sure this gets good again, right?? smile
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 11:14 AM
E2

Well that is one wrecked-ass raft right there...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT! STELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLA!

lol Jaws has arrived!

Mike and Sawpants = Laurel and Hardy

Man I thought *I* could shoot a glare, but I ain't got nothing on Sawpants:

[Linked Image]

Walt's mother is terrible.

Ha! I bet that was the best candy Kate ever had!

SHITSNACKS!!! What's got ahold of Jin now?!?

EEK! THE REST!!! THEY'RE HERE!

I'm not loving everything but I am certainly back onboard now.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 12:32 PM
That guy in the bushes needs some consoling <span style="font-size: 32px;">... </span>
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 01:20 PM
I thought the same thing about Desmond Lashie...but it eventually makes perfect sense. DEs is one of my favorite characters on the show.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 02:04 PM
Yay for noticing Jack's bad flashback hair!

WAAAAALLLLTTTTTT! was a bit of a meme back in the day.

The survivors not sharing information with each other is usually one of the biggest complaints about the show. I think it actually gets worse this season.

And, since you apparently missed it, what Lost fans were re-watching and pausing to see after S2E2:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
[Linked Image]
GASP!!! My delightful LOST reviews have brought back Teeds! Surely in Peebs' eyes, I am now as unto a god!

Yay for noticing Jack's bad flashback hair!

WAAAAALLLLTTTTTT! was a bit of a meme back in the day.

The survivors not sharing information with each other is usually one of the biggest complaints about the show. I think it actually gets worse this season.

And, since you apparently missed it, what Lost fans were re-watching and pausing to see after S2E2:

[Linked Image]
Is it too late for a FEMbrain WAAAAAAAAAALT! meme?

The survivors being insular gets WORSE? Oh dear.

What am I looking at? Is that that logo that read DHARMA? (At least I thought it read 'Dharma'). I made notice that they paused on it a moment but knew I had no idea what if meant yet...

Jack's Flashback hair = AWFUL!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:41 PM
It's the logo tattooed on the shark!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:51 PM
My delightful LOST reviews have brought back Teeds! Surely in Peebs' eyes, I am now as unto a god!

I finally have a catchphrase:

"GREAT MLLASH!!!"

"BY THE POWER OF MLLASH'S DELIGHTFUL OUT OF DATE LOST REVIEWS!!! I SMITE THEE BORING PEOPEL!!!"

"MLLASH'S SUNGLASSES!"

or just ...

"MLLASH!!!"

or maybe "FANDANGO!!!"

wink wink wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:52 PM
re: the shark logo: GASP!!!!! Now *THAT* I totally missed!

Peebs love
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 03:54 PM
"By MLLASH's Sunglasses!" rotflmao
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 05:07 PM
Sawyers glare is one that legends are made from. He has moment after moment with them.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!!!

Bad flashback hair is a serious problem with some of the Losties.

WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!!!!!

"By MLLASH's Sunglasses!"

Now that is a rally cry for the ages. nod
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 04/29/12 05:43 PM
All of Michael's WALLLT cries will def pay off later! Trust!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 12:07 AM
Desmond? Hatch guy is the Desmond Jack was talking to? Oh come ON now, this is some bulltrish right here.
Cobie on LOST????????
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 05:28 AM
s2 e3

The Rest are some bad-nass bastards!

Oh Boo Hoo-- Desmond's Atari got shot. Zero suspense since I am 200 percent sure that has nothing to do with anything.

Dang- The Others (that dude is way too freaky-scary to be called one of the Rest) are capturing people left and right! Who is Mystery Hole Girl?

The Dharma Initiative, eh? Sounds like a bunch of free-lovin' hippies to me! Film was intersting, but I still don't think the fate of the world rests on a Commodore 64.

I rather like Helen, but we already know that's going to go tits up.

Yeesh. I'm kinda to the point where both Jack's crankiness AND John's mysteriousness are on my nerves.

GASP! Mystery Hole Chick is Flirts With Jack Before Flight/Back Row of Plane Lass! I remember her because I thought she was really pretty.

Hmm. J'love Ana Lucia but I'm getting Nemesis Kid vibes from her...

Oh no! Desmond's Activision console broke! We're all gonna die!!!! *rolls eyes*

Locke of the past needs to shave his head STAT.

CALLED IT on Ana Lucia!

I truly hope Sayid doesn't get the Colecovision working again because I'm totes over that plot already.

***GLARE*** I would have said "Screw you, Nintendo!!" and walked off. I mean really. Like some free-love hippies in the 70s built an end of the world device? WHATEVS. They were all too busy doing coke and having unprotected sex for that!

I kinda hope the end means a reduction of screentime for both Jack and Locke.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 07:34 AM
e4

Dang Hurley-- you're gonna get sick from all that food-! Dream. Shoulda known.

BAH!!! Hurley and Kate have to do this crap too. LAME JACK. This was your and Locke's stupid deal. I woulda told them to stick it up their motherboards.

Hmm. I notice with other characters falling out of my favor, that others are definitely getting in my good graces... I wonder if this was the writers' intention? Anyhoo, I'd rather have Sawpants with me than agin me... I'm kinda missing rough n tough Jin though... which surprises me, because gentle Jin is so nice.

ROSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *FANGASMS, dabs happy tears, assures you all if I was on the island, I'd be hanging out with Rose*

Suckle me Elmo!!! Hurley's gonna curse her with the stupid Atari curse? Damn it!

Claire finds the bottle-- at least now the peeps SHOULD know Jin and co. might need help. UNLESS SHE DECIDES NOT TO TELL ANYONE, as is usual on Lost Isle!

Oh okay, he just needed help inventorying. That's acceptible, I'd have picked her too.

I *really* appreciate him wanting to do a good job with the inventory-- I would have been over Kate asking for shampoo too, but like him would probably not have said anytthing to stop her...

*glare* I was totally hoping this would be a Locke-less episode. At least it's been Jack-light.

GOOD FOR CHARLIE, standing up against the secrets being kept. I'm with you, puddin'!

SHITSNACKS!!!! Ana Lucia is Buffy! Poor Sawpants, but-- WOW she's BADASS. And, ummm... Sawpants needs that arm tended to BADLY... like two days ago badly.

23 other survivors, eh? And I seem to recall a Gate 23... and $23,000 for Kate's reward... and 23 is one of the cursed numbers.

"CLUCK YOU"?!?! More evidence that somehow in the near future I obviously perfect time travel, go back to the past and join the writing staff of LOST under an assumed name! This is now UNDENIABLE!

OMG!!!! Hulrey + Dynamite + Rose = A pissed off Lash if what I think is gonna happen actually happens.

(whew!!) I'm relieved... your old buddy MLLASH, sentimental fool that he is, is dabbing the tears like crazy over here in Memphis TN.

This episode was a major WIN for Hurley, whom is now firmly in the LIKE column! "Dude" it up all you want, dude, you deserve it. love And it was very nice to meet Bernard... if he isn't reunited with Rose I will NEVER FORGIVE ANY OF YOU!!! Of course, since I traveled back in time and co-wrote some of this, I am 100 percent sure they will be reunited!!!

Best episode of season 2 yet.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 01:41 PM
I knew you'd like e4!

One of the cool bits I noted when I was re-watching the S1 finale was that when Hurley was asked what he thought would be in the hatch, he basically gave a long list of food. Turns out he was pretty much right!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 10:50 PM
As is commonly known, I like to hang at dyke bars! Lesbians love your old buddy MLLASH! At Memphis' best lesbian bar, the bathrooms have brick walls, and they lay out chalk to keep grafitti at bay. So I was surprised to see THIS written as I exited the men's room today:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 11:00 PM
There's no telling how long that has been written there; it is the ONLY non-chalk grafitti in the bathroom. I probably never noticed it as I never knew what it meant before...
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/01/12 11:30 PM
I was singing that this morning!

Next you'll be seeing the numbers all over the place!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/02/12 12:00 AM
I knew you'd like e4!

One of the cool bits I noted when I was re-watching the S1 finale was that when Hurley was asked what he thought would be in the hatch, he basically gave a long list of food. Turns out he was pretty much right!
It's fun to watch this again, and see thigns that make a whole lot more sense the second time through.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/02/12 12:02 AM
It's also fun to see Lash guess at what is going on...knowing what he is correct about and not.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 05:55 AM
I want to hear an actual full version of You All Everybody!

Hmm. Dev, you imply that I *am* right about some things... now I wonder which things they are smile

e5

Good, I like that Ana Lucia is planning to get to the other survivors. I was scared there was going to be some lame "you can't leave us" thing with her group to our boys.

Jin's awesome. That language barrier must be a real arse-pain. I'm betting he will pick up more English as the series progresses. (EDITED TO ADD-- or as THIS EPISODE progresses as it turned out)

That asshole interviewing Jin in flashback is an asshole!

There sure is a lot of head-butting on this show. Jin, I think you'd be wise not to engage in more fisticuffs with Mistereko!

Sun's flashback setup date is a real charmer. Countdown to him turning out to be jerk: 3... 2...

RIP Goodwin. How suckass to survive a plane crash only to take a makeshift machete to the chest. Looks like this 'The Others' thing is far from resolved.

Oh look. Locke's here to console Sun by saying something mysterious. *cannot glare due to massive rolling of eyes* I hate feeling this way because Locke is still the most fascinating character but I think I'm not over my dead-Boone anger issues.

...OH! Didn't expect that. Sun's hotel guy isn't really a jerk, he just needs a beard of sorts. I feel sorry for Sun but also am glad that he had the decency to tell her.

SHITSNACKS ON A CRACKER WITH OLIVE TAPENADE! That 'The Others walking by' scene was right outta THE WALKING DEAD. I'm still not feeling such fear/dread about them though. This I *do* know: Danielle knew about them well before the plane crash, so they have been on the island a long long time. Other escapees of the Dharma Initiative?

Here's Kate! She must have grown weary of washing her hair in the bunker-pod thingie.

WALT!!! WALT!!!! WALT!!!!!!!!! lol

Sun found her ring and it was poignant as I knew it would be.

2 solid episodes in a row. Very pleased with the focus on Sun, my favorite gal of gardens. Also if it isn't obvious by the recaps, I'm pro-Jin nowadays.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 09:29 AM
e6

So apparently Sayid has fallen completely under Shannon's siren spell. She isn't right for you Sayid... I am!

*glares at ghost-Walt* He must be using his Shining powers, or something.

Charlie, Claire and baby Aaron make such a sweet family, though I foresee problems.

Hmm. Shannon's dad was killed by the collision with Sarah (Jack's future wife). These things are all coincidence? For some reason I doubt it...

Somebody save my Sawpants!!!

If Rose doesn't like the hatch, then her old buddy MLLASH hates it with every fiber of his being, because he knows that Rose is always right!

Crying Aaron misses Sawpants' super-baby soothing speech powers.

Locke now knows everything abour babies. Is there anything he can't do? *eyeroll* Yeah Locke, I'm still mad, they showed Boone's grave, reminding Shannon and me how much we miss him!!

HOT DAMN... my Boonie's back via flashback and looking hotter than EVAH! I may faint...

MLLASH = an Eko fan. And although I love my chicks badass, I'm ready to see a softer side of Sears. And Ana Lucia.

Michael demands some answers, and gets a little info for all of us about the dreaded OTHERS.

Shannon's stepmom = grade A bitch. I now fully and completely understand her pulling the stunts with Boone to get money, and applaud her for it.

Locke is trying to get back into my good graces by watching out for Charlie... well played, John Locke.

I keep going back and forth on Michael... do I like him, do I not? I think he redeems whatever past issues I had with him by demanding the stretcher for Sawyer. The sight of that burning comic is forever lodged in my mind though smile

I like Libby: Island Girl Psychologist, but get weird vibes from the lesbian-looking lady. At least I hope she's a lesbian, as the island is way too gay-free (which is probably why being there sucks). And now she's gone! Cindy is her name... Cindy, I didn't know you well but I applaud your lesbianism if not the weird vibes you gave off.

Ian Somerhalder, you are one beautiful man. Shannon shoulda just took the money and paid him back later.

Wow. A whole lot of "ghostly whispers and murmuring" (that's what the captions call it) this episode... I want that explained, STAT.

OH NO!!!! Just when I had forgiven Shannon for everything! Ana Lucia's made an enemy out of Sayid.

I'd say LOST is back on its feet solidly after 3 somewhat disappointing episodes, the past 3 have been very good.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 01:04 PM
I forgot how early in the season that episode was. Season 2 had a lot of content to it. I'm betting you really dig the end of the next episode. EDIT: Sorry, I mean the end of episode 8 (though episode 7 is great too and will clear up at least one thing already discussed in this thread).
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 01:14 PM
I remember being kind of annoyed at Cindy's disappearance. She'd kind of fascinated me since the Pilot, and then, just when it looked like she was going to become a major character, she vanished.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 01:27 PM
You All Everybody Lyrics and backstory

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/You_All_Everybody
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 01:30 PM
^^Er... the above contains spoilers if you read "The Appearances in the Show" part.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 01:47 PM
I remember being kind of annoyed at Cindy's disappearance. She'd kind of fascinated me since the Pilot, and then, just when it looked like she was going to become a major character, she vanished.
Hmmm, Adding an aside Spoiler to discuss this without Lash

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Cindy's re-appearances frustrated me more. She and the kids are huge plot hole for the Others, as it looks like they're brainwashed/indoctrinated, but then no, they're just hanging out. It was so sloppy that it makes you wonder if the creators actually knew what the Others were all about or just made it up as they went along.

The other point of frustration was Juliet. Yes, she was an "outsider" but she was enough a part of their society to get the punishment branding, and was close with Ben and other high ranking members. That she didn't know ANYTHING useful to tell the Losties after her defection was confirmed is ridiculous. Heck she played house with Sawyer for FIVE YEARS, and there was nothing she told them about the temple, theories about Jacob, the Monster, etc.?</span></span>
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 03:06 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
My assumption is that they must have simply done something which convinced Cindy that they actually are the "good guys" and that joining them is the right thing to do. But what that is... I don't know. Maybe they did something similar to curing Juliet's sister for her? We could definitely have used some sort of Cindy flashback episode to work this stuff out and explain the Other more generally. I'm pretty sure they could've cut at least one Jack/Kate/Locke flashback to make room for it. Also irritating is that the final fate of her and the kids is not made clear in the show. Apparently, the Lost Encyclopedia indicates that they survived and continued to live on the island under Hurley's stewardship, but it would have been nice to get some closure to their subplot.

I can kind of understand Juliet not knowing about the Temple, and not knowing much about the monster, but, yeah, it definitely seems like she should have some more useful intel than she does. </span></span>
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 03:26 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The Others are right up there on my (short) list of mis-handled LOST sub-plots.

They evoked such danger/menace (to me anyway) in these early seasons and then just became so banal later on. I guess that was part of the twist with them but it was still a bit of a dropped ball IMO.

Plus - they (and Jacob and Richard and Ben) were so downright evil in their killing of innocent people for vague and selfish reasons that it always pissed me off that they didn't get more of a come-uppance for their actions than they did. I know most of the secondary Others died - but I wanted to see Richard and Ben pay a lot higher price than they did. Ben was a great character and Michael Emerson gave a phenomenal performance as him, but that character had earned a much worse fate than that happy, island-buddy existence with Hurley that the show left him with.</span></span>
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 05:09 PM
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 05:16 PM
She was the one who gave Jack the extra tequilla bottle on the sly with a sexy little grin that indicated perhaps she might let Jack watch her next lesbian flight attendent makeout session.

Hm, I like her a lot more now that I typed that.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 05:16 PM
I don't remember lesbian Cindy from the pilot at all. Surely I would have remembered her making out with some chick. Anyone wanna refresh my memory of her pilot appearance?
Cindy was the flight attendant who gave Jack the second mini bottle of vodka (or whatever type of liquor it was)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 05:19 PM
OHHH! I totes liked her!!!! Thanks guys!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 06:53 PM
Both Dave H and Teeds have implied that I should really enjoy the next episode... let's see just how well they know their old buddy MLLASH...

e7

Hmm. Based on the opening segment, I am guessing this will be another winner. Looks like a focus on Ana Lucia crew's ordeal on the island. I had guessed by the title (The Other 48 Days) that this ep would focus on the No Name Squad survivors on Jack's side and thell their stories but this works too.

Poor Cindy... I think she's off the clock since the plane crashed, Eko!

So we meet Goodwin. I won't get attached despite his kinda-handsomeness and great hair because I know he's gonna get OTHERed to death...

Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass... (can you tell I'm trying to decide if he's good enough for my beloved Rose?)

Yeesh. I sure wouldn't have wanted to end up on Ana L's side of the island... that side sucks!

Our first real glimpse of The Others... they're just people like you and me. When you smash a rock in their face, do they not bleed and die? Now to figure out just what their deal is... do they abduct others then force them to become one of them through some sort of Island Stockholm Syndrome indoctrination? WHY do this? What is their link to this Dharma Initiative? Are they the free-love hippies behind it all?

And creepyass Nathan is found out... why are the hot ones always so cray-cray?

TWIST!!!!! Goodwin is evil and surly yet hot though now dead Nathan is innocent!

Good riddance, jackass. You don't eff with Ana. "The kids are fine"... "Nathan wasn't a good person"... the words of Goodwin imply to me that the Others are definitely free-love hippies seeking to grow their deviant ranks!

Boone's voice! It's like sex for my ears smile And thus the last remnants of my purgatory theory are ground beneath the heels of the writing staff of LOST which I have obviously left now, with the revelation of what Boone actually heard versus what the show (and captions) were trying to make us think we heard...

The softer side of Ana I wanted! Obviously I was wrong... I'm still in the past cowriting under an assumed name.

And we're up to date! Def. a winning episode, full of information and backstory and just plain MEETING THESE PEOPLE, all things I like.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 07:48 PM
Definitely one of the classic episodes! The first one to break format and take place entirely on the island, as I recall!

It was definitely the sucky group to be in! Even their Dharma station pretty much sucked compared to Jack's crew's!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 07:55 PM
I always LOVED the opening (I think) shot of this episode with all of the plane wreckage raining out of the sky onto that pristine beach.

LOST had some GREAT images/sequences!
Posted By: Exnihil Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 07:56 PM
Bernard's a smidge annoying here but probably because it's just post-crash... I am sure once he quits whimpering a little my annoyance will pass
[Linked Image]

*GLARE*!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 08:07 PM
e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

Eko's met his fighting match in Sayid!

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 08:08 PM
Fun fact: Originally, in the alt-Lost in which Jack died, it was supposed to be Kate's husband who was in the tail section. As plans changed, this no longer fit the character, and so they created Rose primarily to use this plotline!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 08:13 PM
Rose heard how much I love her. She had this to say in reply:

[Linked Image]

Just like Boone when he heard about that dream I had:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 08:25 PM
e8

Goodbye Shannon... I suspect your death was more a cost-saving measure so that LOST wouldn't have to pay for Ian to appear in flashbacks anymore...

ROSE!!!! GOLF!!!! And I'm going to have to take a brief nap and resume this ep afterwards. Seeya shirtly.
I really liked Shannon as well ....

Ana Lucia and Echo are also some of my faves ... along with the Sun and Jin
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/03/12 08:25 PM
e8

I really liked Shannon as well ....

Ana Lucia and Echo are also some of my faves ... along with the Sun and Jin
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/04/12 03:20 AM
e8 continued

I don't understand why people on this show have such a hard time just TALKING to each other... why is Ana not telling Sayid, "I'm so sorry-- it was an acccident-- we were running from The Others?? Michael is right there to confirm this... it might at least knock Sayid's understandable rage down a click...

FINALLY Sawyer's back to Jack... now if only Eko will just SAY SOMETHING... hooray!! He did!

HooooOOOkay... Ana's 'tude is officially on my nerves. There's a fine line between badass and batshit crazy and she's teetered over to the batside.

Now Kate? Kate has good bedside manners!

Yeah! Bernard (and Libby) stood up to Ana. I'm more proud for him because I am ready for the reunion scene!

***WAVES ARMS CRAZILY*** DAMN== FINALLY!!!!! Eko communicates and MAYBE this situation can resolve without any further bloodshed? Cripes on a sesame seed cracker, it's about time!

"I feel dead." A powerful line from Ana Lucia... I'll bet this one set the purgatory theorists' ears on fire (surely I am not the only one of those there were)...

I'll weep no tears for dead criminal Jason. Live by the bullet, die by the bullet and all that. One less scumbag to worry about and stuff. (Your old buddy MLLASH's liberalism only stretches so far I'm afraid)

Shitsnacks, is the me who went back to the past TRYING to write in scenes that respark my purgatory theory?!? STOP IT, me of the future who is currently in the past!! Powerful stuff with Ana and Sayid...

Those mastermind emotional manipulators behind LOST had me crying like a tweenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert during the Rose/Bernard/Sun/Jin reunions!!!

While I would have preferred Shannon not have been killed and am annoyed by the nonsensical disappearance of possible lesbian Cindy (I can only assume that will be revisited later), they uniting of the two groups has been otherwise pretty satisfactory!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/04/12 02:59 PM
I don't think it's giving away too much to say there will be some unexpected departures along the way, and not all of them are story driven. Certain Actors/Actresses left the show for different reasons as things progressed, and to the writer's credit, they were handled fairly organically (with one glaring exception).

Maggie Grace's departure (Shannon) was early enough that it didn't get the scrutiny others did, but there was a lot of speculation she wanted out for a movie career. Gee, wonder how that turned out?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/04/12 03:51 PM
I sort of assumed that they wanted Ana Lucia to kill on of the original cast as part of her story and to create conflict between the newbies and the originals, and Shannon was just considered the most expendable at that point. I suppose they could've had her shoot Steve, but that wouldn't have had the same impact. wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/04/12 09:14 PM
You mean 'Scott', of course wink
Posted By: Fanfic Lady Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 01:24 AM
HooooOOOkay... Ana's 'tude is officially on my nerves. There's a fine line between badass and batshit crazy and she's teetered over to the batside.
That was exactly how I felt at the time I watched the show. I think Michelle Rodriguez has all the dramatic range of a junkyard dog.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 03:54 AM
Wanna read some comics but I figure one LOST episode can't hurt! smile

e9

GOOD LORD. JIN SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO WEAR A SHIRT AGAIN. Ah! He and Sun were in the "reunion tent". I'm glad they were "getting reacquainted". wink And aren't they both just aglow for some reason? Must be the island sun... and here's Hurley, giving them a knowing look... I'm so amused, I had to make a screen capture meme out of it:

[Linked Image]

Now enough of this, if I am ever going to get through this episode... *resumes* SHITSNACKS!! I screencapped a second too soon!! lol at the thumb's up!

Sawpants still looks bad off but much better...

Hmm. A Kate episode... BOOM! Kate blew somebody up real good!

Jeez. Did she have to blow up the whole house, though? I would think insurance wouldn't cover that... I get wanting to kill a scumbag, but don't blow up the whole house!! Break a leg or two next time...

"This place is crazy... it's driving me nuts"... you ain't the only one, sister...
GASP!!!! There's no crazy a hot kiss won't cure, as is well documented.

There's 3 graves-- the first must belong to Kate's arresting officer as I recall.

GASP! Missing microfilm! Eko is very cool.

I demand an explanation for these mass horse hallucinations.

Hmm. So Walt is now using his Shining powers through the computer? *blank stare* BAH! I'm going to bed!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 05:08 AM
So... Jate or Skate?

I suspect you'll dig the next episode quite a bit!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 05:20 AM
I suspect he's a Jawyer. wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 08:35 AM
CRAP! I had one of my patented 'typed as the episode goes' reviews and X-ed it out by accident when I was trying to switch over from Netflix!!!!

LONG STORY SHORT:

I'm more of a SLLASH wink

e10

WTF was that smoke thingie?

The whole "shadow of death, I will fear no evil" imagery was excellent.

I was touched by Eko and Charlie praying beside the burning plane. Our fave Catholic boys have trod dark paths but the essence of religion should be forgiveness and I thought that was shown very well here.

Claire overreacted IMO. The potential for Charlie to relapse is obviously massive. I have faith in the lad myself. Even the stash in those statues wouldn't last forever anyway, so he's got to be smart about it and realize that before he gives in.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 10:00 AM
e11

SUFFERING SASQUATCH!!! I wasn't compelled to write anything about this Jack-heavy episode until just NOW-- it'S HIM! It's that THE OTHERS GUY!

Let's see what's going to go down...

Well that was just nuts. This is turning into some sort of island Hatfields and McCoys thing. I demand explanations for the The Others' assholery.

Jack and Sarah's breakup was hard to watch.

"Train an army"... now we're getting somewhere... probably somehwere unpleasant though. As we are meant to hate The Others and their scraggly beards and free-love ways, I can only assume they will actually turn out to be the good guys in this somehow. *eyeroll* BAH!!!! I'm going back to bed!!!
Posted By: Power Boy Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 10:03 AM

GOOD LORD. JIN SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED TO WEAR A SHIRT AGAIN.
mmmm hmmmmm.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 10:49 AM
LONG STORY SHORT:

I'm more of a SLLASH wink
lol Classic.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 12:01 PM
The whole "This is not your island..." bit is so classic, I'd actually forgotten most of what else was in that episode.

Curious about your reaction to the next episode, which is usually considered one of the weaker episodes of the series.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 03:52 PM
^ whats next that is so bad? I can't remember.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 04:13 PM
I don't remember minding the next episode - but it spotlights one of my favourite characters in LOST so maybe I'm biased.

That said, I've always thought that the middle of season 2 and the beginning of season 3 (not including the awesome opening scene) are probably the weakest stretches of the show. There is a lot of great stuff in there but some real dud stuff too.

As I recall, these episodes were all written before the writing staff were given an idea of how long they were allowed to make the series last - so there's a bit of treading water until they're given the go-ahead to start hitting all the beats they need to.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 05:38 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Next up is Charlie goes cray-cray and kidnaps Aaron to baptise him, which is then followed the following episode by cray-cray Charlie attacking Sun as part of Sawyer's Long Con.</span></span>
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 06:00 PM
Oh right. Yea, not my favorite part of the show. In fact my least favorite.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 08:19 PM
Hmm. All this talk of least favorite moments and stuff has definitely got me curious. I would have thought my least favorite moment has already happened (as a general rule, I can't stand baby/kidnapping plotlines, basically plots that put little kids or the elderly in danger-- UNLESS the kids or the elderly have the means to fight back... examples of this scenario I like might include FIRESTARTER (for kids) and THE MIST (featuring a rare action-heroish take on elderly castmembers that delighted me to no end).

SO I am definitely interested in checking this out. No time like the present, I suppose...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/05/12 10:42 PM
e12... possibly the worst LOST episode ever? Let's take a look, shall we?

A Charlie focus... I love him so that's good. That dream-- pretty dang freaky...

Hmm- the jealousy of Locke... is this not understandable? I can get it... Charlie considers Claire and Aaron his family... he's heartbroken...

I'm prepping myself for a possible relapse now. Even this I can somewhat be forgiving for. What people often forget about musicians and actors, they are people like us and have the same fears as we do... they all have that stage fright on some level that any of us would have... and that can lead to drug and alcohol problems to help beat back those self-doubts... who doesn't feel more brave after a few cocktails, after all? Of course, there's no stage for Charlie to be on now, but he's already in the grip of the addiction and has suffered a horrid blow to his morale and self-esteem (Claire's rejection)...

OKAY... preparation for the worst sufficiently made. *resumes*

Liam's a hot-ass mess (of course we know he shapes up and Charlie ends up at rock bottom).

*GLARES* Sawpants, your mean little terms for Hurley are no longer acceptable. Next time you call him "Jabba" or "Pillsbury", you need to get smacked right in your incredibly sensual mouth!!

I like it when Charlie plays his guitar smile

Wait- the baby was actually floating in the water and not an apparition? WTF!

DAMN IT ALL TO SHITSNACKS! These possessions or whatever are driving me bonkers...

DAMN IT CLAIRE. That was completely uncalled for... could you not at least have LISTENED to him? For once, someone is trying to tell someone else what happened to them, and Charlie gets smacked-- HARD-- for it. *GLARE*

*tee-hee* The Driveshaft diaper commerical? Okay, I know it's meant to show the band is on its way down and is selling out, but THAT was CUTE smile

*tee-hee again* Libby seems to like Hurley also! This relationship has the MLLASH seal of approval!

HOORAY for Eko listening to Charlie while everyone else is wallowing in assholery! I hope our two resident Catholic boys stick together...

The crap treatment of Charlie is enraging me, and we break on Locke looking semi-nefarious. The writers don't know if they want us to trust Locke or not yet.

The vague hints of danger for baby Turnip head haven't angered me-- YET. Probably because they are VERY vague at present...

Jack and Ana-- I am curious as to where this leads... will JANA (ANACK?) take off or crash and burn?

Ummmm.... is Claire ATTRACTED to Locke? Not that that's improbable... he IS handsome (without the bad flashback hair), and he obviously makes her feel safe... I just don't care for Locke and Charlie being at odds...

Locke is being a bit of a dick... yes Charlie lied but NO, he hasn't actually DONE any of the heroin!

Oh Charlie... baby don't do something stupid...

I'm willing to bet money-- is the least-liked moment you guys mentioned LOCKE BEATING THE SHIT OUTTA CHARLIE? because that REALLY JUST PISSED ME OFF. AND everyone just WALKS OFF. Like he's NOTHING.

I liked the baptism scene, but Claire better be apologizing to Charlie soon.

Overall: I liked the focus on Charlie but it kinda spoke about where he stood with the rest of the survivors. And Locke... I'm starting to see him as a force for NOT so good... he is directly responsible for Boone's death and in my opinion his treatment of Charlie this episode is unforgivable.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/06/12 01:58 AM
Hmm... I'd forgotten about the Hurley-Libby grooviness in this episode. It's actually got one of the coolest little bits of responses to fan speculation when they refer to the debate over whether the washer was newer than everything else in the hatch.

I think the general dissatisfaction with this episode revolves around a) the crazyass dream sequences and b) the whole taking Charlie down the fire-starting babynapping outcast darker role. It is one thing when he was just lying about the statues and being misunderstood by Claire, but he goes over the top by the end.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/06/12 02:39 AM
I guess I can see the crazyass dreams fitting, in the whole "this island is driving me crazy" aspect of the show, but it's the way others treat Charlie over it that I find objectionable. And Locke not destroying the statues/heroin? That reeks of future Charlie temptation and is also objectionable considering how awful Locke acted this episode.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 03:05 AM
e13

A depressing affair all around as Charlie gets revenge of sorts through evil actions and Saywer returns to his life of assholery.

I personally think they should all be past this sort of thing by now. Dragging Sun into it is unforgivable.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 03:09 AM
PS/ After reading my review of episode 12 again, Charlie's desire for revenge seems less evil than it did a few minutes ago. Still, hurting Sun in any way can bring nothing but bad karma.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 03:42 AM
Fortunately the next few episodes move away from the darker depressing tone.

Pretty much the rest of the season is non-stop kickass awesomeness, from what I recall.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 03:46 AM
PS I predict total Lash fangasm over e19!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 04:07 AM
Looking forward to it smile

e14

Another downer episode though a fascinating look into Sayid. Could have down without the Sawyer killing the frog subplot but was glad to see Hurley stand up to his annoying namecalling. And Sayid nudges the easily swayable Charlie further down a dark path.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 11:59 AM
Could have down without the Sawyer killing the frog subplot but was glad to see Hurley stand up to his annoying namecalling.
IMO the "Sawyer and Hurley hunt a frog" side-story was the most boringly useless sub-plot in the history of LOST.

There are a couple more less-good episodes coming up too I think, though there are still some good moments in them (I'm thinking about the end of one of them in particular), and then it gets really good again before the end.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 02:09 PM
Interested in Lash's take on Henry Gale's introduction.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 03:25 PM
I suspect he'll dig the focus on the chicks in the next ep!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 05:19 PM
Interested in Lash's take on Henry Gale's introduction.
That's Sayid's punching bag, right? All I can say at this early stage is, I certainly hope he IS indeed one of the Others. But something tells me he might actually just be a balloonist... EVERYone is an 'Other' to Danielle as someone noted last episode. If it turns out he really is just a stranded balloonist-- what a HORROR for Sayid and Locke.

I suspect he'll dig the focus on the chicks in the next ep!
I do likes my chicks! Gonna watch this shortly!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 05:58 PM
Uh oh! Someone's currently got too much time on his hands:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/07/matthew-fox-arrested-dui/
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 07:34 PM
EDE says this chick-heavy ep will float my boat... let us find out!

e15

I feel badly for Danielle actually... I have secretly wanted her to join our regular survivors all along. Sadly, before she can give any answers, Kate shoos her away. I suspect we will get those answers about Claire and baby Aaron later anyway...

Libby: Island Girl Psychologist! Will she save the day... or ruin it???

GASP!!!! DOCTOR ETHAN?!?

Yeesh... baby Aaron is very unhappy this episode.

Eko's no fool... he knowns about Henry Hatch-guy...

Ethan's keeping Claire high as a kite, which helps explain her blocked memories. Annnnd there it is... another Dharma Initiative opening!

HOLY SCOOBY DOO AND TO A MUCH LESSER EXTENT SCRAPPY!!!! Are THE OTHERS really just folks playing some weird part in this mystery island drama... are our lost crew nothing more than meddling kids in adult form??

I am betting 1 million dollars right now that the girl waking up Claire is Danielle's daughter Alex!

That's a dangerous way to trim your goatee, Eko... but I bet Henry Hatch-guy is sufficiently intimidated.

Pretty insidious of Henry, playing on Locke's ego like that. Maybe I was wrong and he is indeed one of The Others. Maybe he's a desperate balloonist. Maybe both.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 09:58 PM
Love the Scooby Doo comparison...

Though be prepared to be annoyed at how long it takes Kate to actually tell anyone about what she found.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 10:12 PM
Yeah, I've had to just accept that secret-keeping on LOST is all part of the unfortunate side-effects of the USA's longer TV seasons.

Whereas, for example, in DOWNTON ABBEY (season 1, 7 episodes) stuff really keeps moving. I like that you get greater quantity in US shows but there's something to be said about the BBC's shorter all-thriller no-filler approach.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/07/12 11:08 PM
J.J.'s next series looks to be full of win for me. Zombie is my apocalypse of choice in entertainment but I do enjoy other scenarios as well.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/07/nbc-j-j-abrams-revolution-series/

HAHAHAHA! Someone mentions Michael screaming WALT! every 15 minutes in the comments!!

And now, on to the next LOST...
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 12:40 AM
e16

I like Jin and Sun's decor! And having Jin shirtless in bed doesn't hurt the look of the bedroom by any means.

Lovely. After all the work of making me like certain characters after an ititial dislike, it sure seems the LOST writers are going out of their way to make them unlikeable again. Welcome back to Assholeville... population: Sawyer and now Jin, again. How very Cosmic Boy yelling at Lydda because she has a mission to go on. Instead of say, helping Sun work in her garden, Jin would rather act like a stupid jerk.

ROSE!!!! And to a much lesser extent Bernard. Looks like they're having a "too much time around you" kinda spat. smile OMG... I do hope Sun sin't preggo. All I need is another annoyingass "baby in peril" plot...

Jack just has a way of saying things like he is really really annoyed to be talking to you... I most notice this between he and Locke. Of course, Locke isn't without his own issues too.

"Impossible"... so if Sun IS preggo, we can add that to the list of impossible things on this island... such as Locke walking, Charlie effectively coming back to life after being hanged... not to mention the off-island cure of Sarah's spine by Jack... yeah, lots of impossibilities suddenly possible... ON IMPOSSIBLE ISLAND!!!

Ana and Sayid on a mission together? This should be anything but dull! Charlie too? Good, give the little rapscallion somthing good to do.

Well, score one more for IMPOSSIBLE ISLAND... Sun's preggo. I better NOT have to sit through another lame babynapping plotline.

Kate is looking EXTRA-beautiful thie episode.

An overdue apology from Ana to Sayid. Very good.

"Fixing a mistake"... yeah Jin, you better. Don't do it again.

OH MY GOSH!!!! DID SHE SLEEP WITH CHARMING McBALDY HOTELHEIR?!?!?! Fortunately this isn't indicated. I prefer the miracle of... IMPOSSIBLE ISLAND!

lol "Trust issues"... that's putting it mildly, Henry!

Oh, Henry... you son of a bitch. Excellent cliffhanger!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 03:28 AM
e17

Hmm. If Henry ISN'T an Other, he sure is a dumbass to be attempting to sew discord. And everytime he gets called on something he reverts back to "poor me" mode. Annoying. His exit from LOST can be hastened, please.

And there's the balloon. Still doesn't mean he isn't an 'Other', still doesn't make him any less annoying.

"There is no loop". Yeah right. And my ass has no hole.

Mystery static. *yawn* Locke's dad is dead... which probably means he is alive. And if he IS dead, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. What a waste of a kidney. Maybe John's mom will be next.

No one at the funeral. CALLED it. If course I'm sure there's another twist.

YIKES! Well, this is new. Hatch ain't so groovy now, is it?

Well HI, Pop. Of course he's alive. Now how will all this lead to crippling Locke... i think we're going to find out...

*eyeroll* I have very VERY low tolerance for con artists. The worst thing about them is most of them are charming enough to get most of want they want without conning. But they're GREEDY. I was weak to let myself like Sawyer even for a little while. He said these words himself a couple episodes ago: "I'm not a very nice person" and I won't forget it now. John's dad is a scumbag.

HA! You LOSE, Sawface! TAKE him Jack!

***OUT-LOUD GASP!*** The door closing on Locke's legs was the best fright LOST has given me in awhile...

And of course Locke the dummy is falling for Daddy's con... again... and this will lead to his being crippled, right?

Well, Phuket, Thialand!! [/Juno]

Oh look! There's some NoName Squad members watching the game... although why they should give a rip, I have no idea.

Hatch be getting EXTRA cray-cray now, looking like da club and stuff! *waits for a Ke$ha song to start*

A FOOD DROP?!?!?!

TWIST! Henry's busted!! Another good cliffhanger.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 08:37 AM
I think the next episode, "Dave", is probably my second least favourite in the entirety of LOST. But your mileage may vary - since you seem to have warmed to the central character in it a lot quicker than I did.

It also sets up something that became extremely annoying for me later on - but we'll have to talk about that later on too.

For those who care what that annoyance is and what my least favourite episode is -

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> My least favourite episode is "Across the Sea" because of:

1. the horribly distracting Alison Janney casting; and
2. raising EVEN MORE questions about the island than it answered (which was almost none) which I then knew would never be answered since the show only had like 2 episodes left.

I think part of the reason I loved the show's finale and was cool with what it explained was because I knew that THIS was supposed to be the big explanation episode. And so I had already come to terms with the dropped ball that was that aspect of the show by the time the big character-piece that was the finale came around.

As for the issue that this episode, "Dave" raised that annoyed me later on - obviously, the Libby in Hurley's psych ward plot. Did this EVER get revisited later on? If it did, I don't remember it. That was DEFINITELY something they needed to explain more clearly later on.

I have a feeling that was not entirely the writers' fault though. From what I hear, Cynthia Watrose was extemely annoyed at having her character killed off so soon after she had just moved her whole family to Hawaii - and so there may have been trouble getting her back to film scenes explaining this story. I was happily surprised that she even came back for the finale. </span></span>
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 01:42 PM
Response to Blacula, which has mundo series ending spoilers:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I liked "Dave", mostly because it was the first real indication we get that all of these visions people were seeing were a) not who they said, and b) had malicious intent. They didn't really get back to it until Eko's death, where it became even more clear that these things were all aspects of the monster.

I agree the Libby stuff was a huge dangler, both this and her role in Desmond's life, but the actress was terminated pretty quickly after her DUI and I suspect this left the writer's scrambling.

Across the Sea is my least favourite as well, As I think I stated at the time. It was huge cop out and the producers petulant attitude towards it "See, this is what an 'answers' episode looks like", really added to my souring on the last season.</span></span>
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 03:42 PM
While I agree that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the failure to follow up on Libby's backstory</span></span> is annoying, it doesn't really detract from this episode on its own, imo.

I don't think the ep is as successful as it could be, but that's more because <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the entire thing is built around disproving the fan theory that the whole series is a dream in Hurley's head, but a) doesn't really put that theory to rest, and b) ends up raising a bunch more mysteries that are never solved, like whether there ever was a real Dave, is he the sae as Libby's husband David, etc.</span></span>.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 05:08 PM
Responding to EDE (only spoilers for the "Dave" episode) <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I don't think he was ever real. I read that he's actually partly a manifestation of Hurley's Dad, David, that Hurley created to help him deal with his father issues. When you think about it that way, it makes a lot of sense. They were both enablers and bad influences on Hurley, but Hurley has to be the one to let go of Dave, not the other way around.</span></span>
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/08/12 07:14 PM
Responding mainly to Dave but with some EDE love too -

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> I think in MUCH later retrospect (like almost toward the end of the show when you realise the monster is the shape-changing MiB) the island "Dave" of this episode makes a sort of nefarious sense, but for a long time before that, to me he was just this annoying dream figure who kept popping up and dragging Hurley around and getting in the way of the more interesting main plot.

And I guess it didn't help that at this point in the show, Hurley was probably my least favourite character on the island.

I haven't seen this episode in a long time though so I might change my opinion of it when I do a re-watch one day.

As for Across the Sea and the final season: I really liked most of the final season but it was a very different beast to all of the ones that had come before; and some less than successful plot decisions were made - the Temple Others, Sayid's treatment all season and his afterthought of a death, the fate of the Ajira passengers, the complete fizzle that was the war between Ben and Widmore, etc. But I still liked it. I was so into all of the characters and actors of the show at this point that the writers could have put them all in a van and sent them travelling around the island solving mysteries with Vincent and I still would have loved it!

Which was probably another reason why I hated Across the Sea. It was just Jacob (FAR from my favourite character and the person I blame for a LOT of innocent deaths!), the MiB and the annoying and distracting CJ FROM THE WEST WING playing dress up in a fake cave. But even without all my favourites in it, I could have still liked the episode IF it had answered anything. But of course it didn't.

I was furious and let-down for days after I saw this episode but fortunately I'd gotten over it by the next one. And that let me invest myself completely in the character masterpiece that was the finale - which I loved every second of (except for that whole plugging the cork thing - but I blame Across the Sea for that! haha).

P.S. EDE - Lostpedia kinda explains the mystery of "Dave" somewhat - http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Imaginary_Dave </span></span>
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 02:08 AM
e18

This episode is not a favorite of Blacula's... but how will it stack up with me, someone who tends to enjoy much of what Blacula enjoys comicbookwise? Let us find out!

No "previously"... that's a rarity... maybe a first?

I was convinced the entire opening would be a dream sequence... apparently not. Hurley loses a lot of points for the food hoarding. Another case of the writers backpedaling on a character to make them more unlikeable again... it doesn't quite work for me with Hurley-- yet. Plus, I really like Libby.

Now who is Bald Cinderfella (he lost a slipper) Robe Man?

lol Worst basketball game EVER!

Oh, faux-Henry... you look terrible. One shouldn't try to 'play' Sayid.
FINALLY we are getting somewhere with pathetic faux-Henry.

Oh good. I like when our Catholic lads stick together, as is well documented here.

All these people popping out of nowhere is starting to feel very very much like one of my favorite episodes of classic STAR TREK-- SHORE LEAVE.

HA!!!! KICK HIS ASS, Hurley!

"You can't help me. No one can."-- if I recall correctly, one of the creepiest lines from 90s witchery movie THE CRAFT.

SHITSNACKS... I so did NOT see the Dave twist coming!

So if he IS an hallucination of Hurley's eating disorder, how do we explain the Cinderfella slipper? Guess I'll just shut up and let this play out...

WTFin'F!?!?! I have issues with this episode, the very same issues I had with the BUFFY episode that establishes the 'real' Buffy as being in an insane asylum and the Buffy adventures we see taking place only in her mind.

Compelling TV to be sure, but they kind of take the wind out of the fans' sails... I really really dislike episodes such as these; they are unsettling and make the rest of the episodes seem pointless. Stuff like this makes better series FINALES.

That said, this ep did have me on the edge of my seat. I didn't give up after that Buffy ep and I won't give up after this LOST ep.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 02:15 AM
So, according to the writers, the whole point of this episode was that it was supposed to disprove the "It's all in crazy Hurley's mind" theory.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 02:26 AM
Well, here on out Lash it's balls to the fer-UCK-ing wall! Season 2 is about to get crazy intense!

Man, oh man, I remember seeing the shockers to come for the first time...
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 02:27 AM
There are definitely some jaw dropping moments coming.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 04:31 AM
So, according to the writers, the whole point of this episode was that it was supposed to disprove the "It's all in crazy Hurley's mind" theory.
MAJOR backfire on their part then... the notion it was all in his mind never even occurred to me UNTIL this episode, but now I can see why it should have. (I was kinda stuck on the purgatory thing for awhile there)

And adding a possible co-delusion for Libby was just nucking FUTS! "It's all in Hurley's mind" theorists must have been driven to utter wackoutiness by the Libby revelation!

Today and probably tomorrow will be crazy busy, but I should be able to polish off Season 2 by this weekend.

(CRAP-- now I'm wondering if they aren't ALL in the nuthouse!!)
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 02:35 PM
I bought the first two seasons of LOST last week and was going to catch up with the thread before I posted my thoughts.... but I just started season two, and I'm not sure I like the direction the show's heading.

Season one had me pretty riveted. The build up of the island's mysteries was handled well. It started out seeming like a straight forward show about people surviving on a deserted island, with a few odd twists thrown in (polar bears? French "everyone's dead" transmissions?) Both the viewers
and the characters had only a slowly dawning realization that there was much more to the island and their situation.

Little things bugged me. (I tend to get pissy about details)

why did everyone automatically assume it was an island? The first thing I would do is walk the shoreline to make sure it's not a peninsula or something.

Why on earth didn't the survivors try to track down Danielle
after Sayid found her? That should have been priority number one.

Why did that Ethan guy not being on the flight manifest make everyone freak out and assume he was never on the plane? The only logical assumptions would have been that either the manifest was wrong, or he was lying about his name. (turns out they were right, but it was still a weird leap of logic)

Locke and Boone not telling anyone about the hatch for half the season actually didn't bug me, because it fit with Locke being borderline crazy and poor Boone having bad judgement.

From a storytelling perspective it seems weird the writers
chose to have 40 plus survivors when only 14 or so get any screen time. One of the more amusing scenes was that meta-ish remark that Arnz guy made about how the "clique" of main characters seem to ignore the rest of them. I'm guessing the writers have a reason for keeping so many survivors around that will reveal itself later in the series?

Part of the fun of the series is when your predictions and/or theories come true. Totally called that Locke had been handicapped prior to the crash from his first appearance. Also caught the "flowers in the attic" vibe between Boone and Shannon early on.

Of course, many theories don't prove true. Right up to Boone's death, I was convinced all the survivors were
immortal. I theorized that the reason for the polar bears was that the island was somehow just off the coast of Alaska, but now it seems that DHARMA group brought the bears there.

I'm at episode 3 of season two and it's almost too much revelation at once. Less than impressed with Desmond and his early 90's computer that's apparently saving the world every 180 minutes or something.I can't believe anyone would buy into that. (even though in the LOST universe it may be 100% true). Also, how could Danielle live on the island for 16 years and not stumble upon this?

All I know is that if *I* were one of the plane survivors, this is the point where I would be *so* over the mystery and would be like, let's get the French chick and this Desmond guy together and use some of these computers and radio towers and sh*t and try to actually call someone to get us the hell off this island. But that's just me.

I'm still intrigued and curious about the show, but I hope the characters start behaving a little more believably.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 03:04 PM
Originally posted by KidChaos:
Also, how could Danielle live on the island for 16 years and not stumble upon this?
One thing that isn't really spelled out, is that the island is quite large, taking days to get anywhere by foot (though the writers will frustratingly sacrifice this fact for the sake of convenience from time to time). Danielle is also shown to be reluctant to leave her territory, and although she's obviously scouted the surrounding area (given her knowledge of the Black Rock), she really doesn't leave her own trap-laden area enough to have thoroughly explored a lot of the island.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sayid was trying to circumnavigate the island the first time he meets Danielle.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 03:13 PM
^ All I can really say is "Stick with it" KC. I'm not promising all of the problems you have with the show will disappear, but I shared many of those same issues you did (the complete neglect and mis-treatment of all those poor, no-name background survivors, the stupidity of that damn button, etc.) and am still able to look back and say that this is one my favourite things to ever see on TV.

This show never becomes "perfect", but as I said in an earlier post - the good FAR out-weighs the bad in it, and if you're able to let go of the little things, like I was, it may become one of your favourite TV shows too.

P.S. They did kinda address some of your issues:
- I think the monster in the jungle and the threat of the Others is meant to discourage too many people other than our heroes from heading out and exploring or mapping the island.
- Not to mention Sayid already tried it and got captured and tortured by a madwoman.
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 03:53 PM
Yeah, I need to overlook the inconsistencies and just enjoy the show. I think my personality is such, though, I'll still be a little distracted by them.

I think at this point, I'm becoming less intrigued by the mystery of the island and am more interested the flashback sequences, really. I'm feeling Shannon must have more backstory we're not seeing. Hurley is becoming more interesting. (I think the reason I spent most of season one not liking/trusting him is because he was one of the last characters to get a flashback). Locke's father using/betraying him tore me apart. I'd like to see more of that story.

I'd like to see less screen time for Jack and Kate, actually. Give Claire, Charley and Shannon some episodes to shine! Shannon especially, I'd like to see more of. I like that she's flawed and selfish. It's more realistic. It counters the "Mary-Sue"-ness of characters like Jack.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 04:39 PM

I'd like to see less screen time for Jack and Kate, actually. Give Claire, Charley and Shannon some episodes to shine! Shannon especially, I'd like to see more of. I like that she's flawed and selfish. It's more realistic. It counters the "Mary-Sue"-ness of characters like Jack.
I don't think it gives too much away to say that Jack sticks around for a while. I really didn't like Jack to begin with, but he slowly became one of my favourite characters. His Mary-Sue qualities are addressed fairly soon...
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 05:42 PM
One major reason the show was successful was that it tends to have something to appeal to just about everyone. So some people would tune in for the Sun/Jin story, others for the crazy island mysteries, others for the romantic triangles/quadrangles, etc. So even if you're not into the storyline one week, next week may very well excite you.
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/09/12 08:00 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">KC, believe it or not but there actually is a complicated science-based explanation for the button in the hatch. It takes longer than you'll believe to finally get the explanation, but there is one.</span></span>

But I'd second everything Blacula said (and Dave & Eryk).

EDIT - Major thanks to Dave for pointing this out!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/10/12 02:27 AM
Umm, Cobie that's a bit of a spoiler as

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Both KC and Lash are at points of the season where there is doubt about whether the button is real or not.</span></span>

You may want to redo that post.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/10/12 05:15 AM
e19

Opening with Rose (and to a lesser extent Bernard) is always good for me smile Rose has a soothing voice that the baby-Aaron in me just loves! Bernard, however, is definitely asking the questions I would be asking!

They'll never give you Walt, Henry says... I guess his Shining powers are needed in some fashion to keep things creepy and crazy on Lost Island...

FINALLY, a Rose flashback!!! So, she and Bernard were later in life loves? Awwww!!!

GASP!!!! Bernard just shot out a LOT of NoName Squad members' names!

Hmm. Rose, I j'adore you, but Bernard is making SENSE here...

"False hope"... and here I must completely disagree with Rose, which pains me greatly! Bernard's giant sign idea should been done on like Day 2...

Rose SICK-- DYING??? This is not acceptable. I predict another miracle...

I'm so fascinated by the Rose/Bernard storyline I'm not commenting much during their scenes, but now that Jack and Kate are trapped, it seems it would be a good thing to carry a knife or some sort of cutting gadget anywhere you went on this island. Don't they ever learn?

Ummm, on this I must comment: they are going out of their way to make Bernard over the top about these rocks. He needs to just shut it and do it himself if he wants it done right (this is what your old buddy MLLASH would do, carrying 1 rock a half mile at a time if I had to; lead by example or something). I wish they wouldn't do this to his character. ADDED LATER: And this is exactly what he does, good.

GASP!!!!! WELL.... the Rose/Locke scene certainly implies a knowledge the two of them share... possibly about the island's ability to heal??

Oh look, Michael's back. But where's "WAAAAAAAALT!"

*rolls eyes at apparent attempt to set up love Jack/Kate/Sawyer triangle*

The Locke and Rose revelation was fascinating, but the general non-desire of anyone to be rescued is difficult for me to comprehend.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/10/12 12:39 PM

I'm so fascinated by the Rose/Bernard storyline I'm not commenting much during their scenes, but now that Jack and Kate are trapped, it seems it would be a good thing to carry a knife or some sort of cutting gadget anywhere you went on this island. Don't they ever learn?
But then we wouldn't get discover Jack's miraculous sharpshooting skills! :rolleyes:
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/10/12 01:02 PM
I like how the 'caught in a net' reference will become an in-joke for awhile. (not much of a spoiler).

I remember when Bernard starting naming all those background characters people went crazy. It was like at long last we get something other than 'cute hippy chick' and 'big hairy guy'!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/10/12 06:11 PM
Frogurt. Heh.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/13/12 02:55 AM
It's Neil-time. Now and forever. wink
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/13/12 03:41 AM
Less than impressed with Desmond and his early 90's computer that's apparently saving the world every 180 minutes or something.I can't believe anyone would buy into that. (even though in the LOST universe it may be 100% true).
This is something that bothered me. If you had to enter in the code every 180 minutes and Desmond was all alone for what a year, six months, when did he ever get to sleep?
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/13/12 03:42 AM
Lot's of power naps.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/13/12 03:56 AM
For what it's worth, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">he was only alone for a little over a month, since Kelvin died the day the plane crashed.</span></span>

It seems to me it's not that much different than having an infant.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/13/12 05:37 AM
I'll be getting back to LOST this coming week!
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/16/12 07:56 PM
Been home sick for a week, allowing me to get almost through season 3 already.

Don't want to spoil anything for Lash, so I won't say much yet. I will say the S3 opening scene rocked! Who knew a book club meeting could be so unsettling?

I'm probably in a minority here, but I think "Expose" (the Nikki and Paulo episode) was my favorite episode to date. I'm gonna guess it was a momentum killer when it first aired, but I *loved* that it was self contained. Loved Nikki and Paulo, made me totally miss my long dead favs Shannon and Boone. Fun to see key LOST moments from the POV of the nameless survivor masses. Totally dug the dark Hitchcockesque vibe. Such a dark ending!

Will probably finish S3 soon as long as I'm home sick...
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/16/12 08:09 PM
I LOVED "Expose"! I thought it was pretty brillaint, quite frankly. For me, it only enhanced the momentum knowing the writers had such tricks up their sleeves.

Season Three has a fantastic final few episodes! Many "HOLY SHIT!" moments.
Posted By: the Hermit Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/17/12 12:14 AM
Season three? We're still waiting to hear Lash's take on the final episodes of season two here! Don't spoil it for him.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 08:27 PM
Bah! I'm bored waiting for Lash. I'm all for reliving Season Three vicariously through Kid Chaos!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 08:35 PM
*glares daggers at everyone (everyone = EDE) except The Hermit, who instead gets a pleasant smile* Fine, you guys continue here and when I resume watching LOST I will post to a different LOST thread. I think there were separate threads for each season. That way I won't risk a spoiler here and Kid C and I can continue at own pace.

I do intend to get back to it, but I needed a break.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 09:39 PM
Hmph. Now I'm annoyed at the prospect of not having all of Lash's Lashlicious reviews in a single convenient place. frown
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 09:55 PM
BAH! I can't please you today!!! *hurls things*
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 09:58 PM
Okay I will stick with this thread then.

Well now, I think I'm ready for the next episode after all that pseudodrama! smile Now, where did I leave off...
Posted By: KidChaos Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 10:28 PM
*considers throwing a pseudo-hissy fit to amp up the pseudodrama*

Seriously though, I'll wait for Lash to catch up. I'm taking a Lost-break myself. I've been watching too much TV!

(and don't worry, nothing already said really spoils anything for S3.)
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 10:29 PM
s2 e20

Michael is messed UP!

WHOA-- at Henry's attack on Ana Lucia!

Wow, Jack's daddy just knew EVERYbody didn't he??

How nice, a talk between Sawyer and Ana Lucia... this is sure to not be annoying and to accomplish much! wink

Don'tcha just love when a fistfight ends in hot sex? *dreamy sigh*

Hurley and Libby have a date!!

I am nodding off and will have to continue this after a nap! be back later!!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/18/12 11:47 PM
Okay I am a bit refreshed now and ready to continue e20!

I'm willing to bet that Michael is WAY OFF BASE with his observations of the Others...

Yay for Jack pulling the gun on Sawyer! I am VERY tired of people having to go to him to beg for things that belong to everyone technically.

WHAT THE FREAKING HELL WAS THAT ENDING!!?!?!?!?!?
Posted By: the Hermit Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:19 AM
I know exactly which episode that was just from your last line. That one got me too. I bet Hurley is even more in your plus column now.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:39 AM
Confession: One of the reasons I was wanting you to get on with it is that I knew the next ep. had one of the most shocking endings of the entire series, and I was so afraid someone would spoil it!
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 01:01 AM
And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 01:09 AM
And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
WHO got the DUI??? Libby or Ana Lucia (in real life)?

Confession: One of the reasons I was wanting you to get on with it is that I knew the next ep. had one of the most shocking endings of the entire series, and I was so afraid someone would spoil it!
I'm STILL stunned over this HUGE shocker--!!!!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 01:13 AM
Psst, careful folks... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Remember that it's not clear that Libby is dead until the end of next episode</span></span>
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 01:14 AM
[qb]And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
WHO got the DUI??? Libby or Ana Lucia (in real life)?
Spoilering this until the end of next episode.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Both of them. http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2005/Dec/01/br/br05p.html[/SPOILER]
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 01:15 AM
[b]And the moral of the story: A DUI will get you a one-way ticket off of Hawaii and the hottest show on network television. Aloha! wink
WHO got the DUI??? Libby or Ana Lucia (in real life)?[/b]
Both
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 02:16 AM
Hmm. People seem to be getting worked up/excited over these episodes... I think I'd better move on to e21 NOW! BRB with the review!
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 03:05 AM
These episodes are where people stopped being polite...and shit GOT REAL
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 03:07 AM
s2 e21

Well it's official that I despise Michael. I am sure he is doing what he has to do to get Walt back or whatever but I will never like him again for removing 2 strong females from the show.

YAY! Libby's alive! Sucks to be you now, doesn't it Michael? HA!

More headbutting!

Uggh I can't even stand to look at Michael. Libby and Ana were far more interesting than he and Walt ever were, Shining powers included.

Correction, John... Boone did NOT make the plane fall-- your insistence that he climb up and get inside the plane made it fall.

Oh Lordy NOT another hatch...

i hate you, Michael. I don't blame Hurley at all for this, Michael... YOU are the woman-murdering scumbag.

is the whole effin' island a series of hatches?

Lots of paranormal tidbits this episode.

I wish Michael and Sawyer had sailed away and never come back.

What a horrific end for Libby. frown
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 08:28 AM
There's at least 6 hatches according to the orientation vids, and something like 8 on Locke's disco map. I think we've seen 4 so far?

A bit of background on the deaths: It was basically planned that Ana-Lucia would only be around for one season when she was introduced. By the end of the season, however, fan reaction to the character was still fairly negative, so the fear was that if Michael only killed her, people would cheer instead of finding it appropriately horrific. So Libby's death was added to make people have the kind of reaction to Michael that you're having at this point.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 10:01 AM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:09 PM
I predict Lash's opinion of Sawyer will change before the end of the series.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:24 PM
There's at least 6 hatches according to the orientation vids, and something like 8 on Locke's disco map. I think we've seen 4 so far?

A bit of background on the deaths: It was basically planned that Ana-Lucia would only be around for one season when she was introduced. By the end of the season, however, fan reaction to the character was still fairly negative, so the fear was that if Michael only killed her, people would cheer instead of finding it appropriately horrific. So Libby's death was added to make people have the kind of reaction to Michael that you're having at this point.
I still don't buy that, as they obviously laid out plans for Libby that got scuttled (re: her appearance in the institution). I really do think the actors' off-screen antics fed into their leaving despite the creators' spin after the fact.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:25 PM
I predict Lash's opinion of Sawyer will change before the end of the series.
I liked Sawyer and hated Jack, but by season three I had completely reversed my opinion, and it stayed that way for most of the series.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 12:27 PM
For my opinion of Sawyer to change, he will have to do something so unselfish that it would make me look like a jerk for continuing to dislike him, because that guy is really scummy!

Originally posted by Dev - Em:
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLT!
Michael is a murdering jerk!!! Walt is better off without him.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 03:43 PM
My opinion of nearly all of the characters fluctuated throughout the series. Locke, Jack, Sawyer, Michael, Kate, Hurley, many more - I loved and hated them all at one point or another. I think that was one of the best things about the show - it was a roller-coaster ride in every way.

As for the drink-driving = firing theory. I don't buy it. What would they have done if

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Matthew Fox or Terry O'Quinn </span></span>

or someone had gotten caught drink-driving? Plus the fact that

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Daniel Dae Kim </span></span>

did get caught drink-driving too and he never got fired?

Believing the creators would subject the storylines and characters of a show as intricate as LOST was to the capriciousness of who might or might not get caught drink-driving is just way too unrealistic IMO.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 03:59 PM
Plus the fact that <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">she shows up in Desmond's flashback in the season finale seems to suggest that the plan really was to tell her story entirely in the flashbacks of others. The big question is why that never happens. Was it really just lack of cooperation on behalf of the actress (though she does show up for additional appearances later on...) or is it that the producers really thought that showing us the origin of Jack's tattoos, for instance, was more important.</span></span>
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 04:50 PM
I need to finish this series just so I can read all the spoiler posts at long last!!!

For now, a nap... afterwards, THE FINISHING OF SEASON 2!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 08:47 PM
e22 is GO!

BAH! I am SO sick of hearing about Michael's SON. Ana and Libby were important to people TOO. Thank you Hurley for stepping up to say so!

BOO HOO... Michael's not getting his way... why don'tcha just shoot 'em ALL, dumbass? That'll learn 'em won't it? *fume*

Cleaning the blood of the girls he murdered. Good, he SHOULD have to do it.

And I know they are about to flashback more and reveal what drove him to go cray-cray and shoot up everybody and it will be supposed to turn my opinion around on him but I am telling you right now I will *never* turn my opinion around on him, no matter what they reveal happened!!

It's Sun. Hey Michael, shoot Sun too. Might as well shoot Rose, Bernard, Turnip head and Charlie also and then no one I like most will be left. *still fuming*

Well I do like that Sawyer bypassed Jack's ASS-inine order to follow what Murdering Michael demanded and signed up Sayid!

*groooan*! Is Eko vying to take over the "mysterious islander" slot from Locke?

"WHERE'S MY SON??" I am strangling someone if he says this again!!!!

The Others' little shantytown... I don't even care about those whackjobs anymore!

MMMHMMM. You ain't foolin' me, LOST writers... this ain't Sayid's first time at the rodeo and I *know* he ain't backing down that easy! Sucks for you Michael!!

WTF is the dog doing taking Charlie the heroin Mary??? lol Good for him, for tossing them! I knew he would *beams proudly*

lol at Sawyer considering Jack the closest thing he has to a friend. Maybe try not being an asshole, dummy, and everyone would j'adore you.

Michael's attempt of manipulating Hurley into going is making me want to PUNCH this LAPTOP!!!
"Sorry about Walt dude but I'm not coming." J'LOVE HURLEY!!! And YAY for Kate SHUTTING HIM THE HELL UP. I'm telling you all, I can't stand to see him onscreen. He needs to GO.

OMG, SAYID I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Thank you for being so smart, I knew you weren't fooled!!

So... who's on this boat? Someone for me to like so they can get just get killed frustratingly, or someone else for me to hate the guts of?

My emotions are running high, as is well-documented here.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 08:55 PM
^To clarify my position on Michael above...

I know I don't have kids and therefore can't speak to that sort of bond, but I also can't see myself murdering two innocent women and marching 4 other people off to what is likely their doom... for ANY reason!

The fact that NONE of these islanders trust each other to tell what is happening is almost insufferable. Michael is essentially trusting The Others *MORE* than he trusts the folks he's been with since episode 1! THAT is the working of a CRAZY mind.

I need to unlax with some 30 Rock before I attempt any more LOST right now...
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 10:22 PM
Michael's actions are pretty dumb. Even if he decided to trust the Others, surely he could've found a way to free Henry without shooting someone. And then he's risking a lot on being able to convince Jack to bring exactly the four he needs along with them (which, bizarrely, Jack seems gullible enough to do if it weren't for Sawyer involving Sayid).

But, yeah, on another level, you've got to wonder why exactly he's trusting the Others at all.

I think you'll end up liking what's in the boat.
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/19/12 10:40 PM
J'LOVE HURLEY!!!
And you didn't like Hurley at first, dude!
Posted By: the Hermit Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/20/12 12:17 AM
[b] J'LOVE HURLEY!!!
And you didn't like Hurley at first, dude! [/b]
I predict that by the end of the series you'll even be calling him Hugo instead of Hurley.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/20/12 12:29 AM
I know, I totally didn't like Hurley!! But now I do!! And I don't see it changing, unless he does something REALLY crazy. I resent the LOST writers' attempts to make it seem like all this is Hurley's nuthouse fantasy, but at least if it were, Libby would still be alive!

AND-- if for some reason, Hurley prefers to be called Hugo, I will start calling him Hugo now, he has earned that respect!

Okay, I've had a few cocktails but nothing major... hopefully I can get through the next episode without hurling any objects across the room... *opens Netflix*

OH CRAP... the next episode is part 1 of the finale... well, I'll risk part 1... if I'm too cocktailed to handle it, I will resume tomorrow!

*clicks*
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/20/12 01:12 AM
e23

So I'm reminded via PREVIOUSLY that Dharma VCR guy calls this a "psychological experiment"... Hmm.

Jeepers, I so DO love seeing all of our gang together (including Noname Squad members)... Okay, If I'm gonna get through this I MUST stop pausing and commenting on EVERY little thing...!!

HOLY STUDMUFFINS!! Sayid and Sawyer BOTH ripping their shirts off is almost too much for this poor ol' country boy to handle... DAMN IT, MUST STOP PAUSING and COMMENTING..!!

BAH! at lamesauce Jack for leaving his shirt ON. *glares* DAMN IT MUST STOP PAUSING!!!!

[Linked Image]

*dreamy sigh*

[Linked Image]

BAH!! ENOUGH TOMFOOLERY!!! *resumes episode*

SHITSNACKS! Isn't that that crazy, good-coiffed dude who was playing Mama Cass in the s2 premiere??? (Desmond?)

Jeepers, he's drunker than I am!

Desmond's nutjob ramblings might have some truth to them... "THIS IS IT..." "...BLOODY SNOWGLOBE!" "THERE'S NO OUTSIDE WORLD..."

WHOA at Eko pushing Locke out of the hatch! There's weirdness going on here... like, whatever had taken root in Locke has found a more suitable form in Eko... these two are the ONLY 2 to have witnessed/communicated with the island smoke-beast-thingie... HMMMM.

SHUT UP LIAR MICHAEL!!!!

Desmond vs. Sayid in THE WAR OF THE SEXY UNWASHED FLOPPY ISLAND WINDBLOWN HAIR!

IT'S A LOST FIRST-- Desmond's flashback hair is equally as cute as his island hair, despite being much shorter!! (Well, Charlie's hair hasn't changed that much and Boone was so STUNNINGLY HANDSOME both ways, they don't count) Hmm... now that I think on it, Sayid was kinda hotter in his soldier uniform with shorter hair... DAMN IT I'M GETTING DISTRACTED AGAIN--!!!
*resumes episode*

IS THAT LIBBY WITH A BAD FLASHBACK HAIRDO??? She totes wins for best island makeover--!!!!

Okay, sorry, but I'm totaly getting overwhelmed and don't want to miss ANY clues... so I'm gonna stop here and finish tomorrow!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/21/12 10:33 PM
^Lord have mercy. Sorry about the rambling inebriated recappage above.

e23 concluded...

Umm, yeah Michael... your gun wasn't loaded because YOU WOULD HAVE SHOT OFF 10 BULLETS AT A FREAKIN' BIRD. Not to mention probably all your supposed-to-be friends, murder-face.

Holy 4-toed giant mostly-missing statue! That was unexpected. Another piece to a massive puzzle... but where does it fit?

Eko's been locked out of his hatch... John and Des were there first. Now let's see what happens!

Inman... I am totes stealing that for a superhero name...

"STOP LYING!!" hooray Jack for saying that to Michael! Also, hooray Kate for making an executive decision to shoot at the Others who were following them!

I like the mini-team of Jin, Sun and Sayid! Also, it is apparent that those on the list-- Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Hugo are THE 4 major players in LOST, for whatever reasons I haven't figured out yet.

Finale part 2 will wrap up season 2 for me!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/21/12 11:09 PM
Love the reviews, drunk or sober! wink

I find Libby almost recognizable in that flashback.

I love the scene where Michael realizes his gun isn't loaded.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/21/12 11:26 PM
I'm going on record as saying Season 3, episode 3 will drive Lash wild (in a good way).
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/21/12 11:29 PM
I am looking forward to how Lash will react to future characters.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/21/12 11:32 PM
I'm going on record as saying Season 3, episode 3 will drive Lash wild (in a good way).
I suspect there'll be some pausing on that one! wink
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 12:22 AM
Thank you EDE! I admit to having fun while watching cocktailed but it takes me forEVER to ge through an episode because I'm so easily distracted by THANGS!

e24 is GO!

Eko has put Charlie in harm's way. I don't like it when people put people in harm's way. It changed how I look at Locke (over Boone), has forever destroyed how I will view Michael and I hate for it to change how I look at Eko. We shall see...

YIKES! Sayid is totally all up IN the Others' camp! But are THEY still there??

A tubefill! I had wondered where all those tubes were going... what a waste of time, and tube-making materials...

So everyone's been poison-darted. Man I HATE HATE HATE Michael...

Not to self: the Human Pneumatic Tube for a super-villain!

Oops! Accidental killing of Inman, whose brains are now out, man.

SYSTEM FAILURE indeed. Hmmm-- so far, the "infection" thing has been laid to rest, as Kelvin was nice enough to do before he got offed, but apparently something WILL happen if the button isn't pressed? Or was that rumbling and magnetic stuff just for show? How much worse would it have gotten before the Atari system shut itself down totally? I guess we may (but probably won't) find out shortly when we switch back to the present...

GASP!!! Desmond's speculation is a pretty big revelation!! Okay so that would make the button-pushing important, I guess...

The Others... and Henry. I'm ready for them all to just DO whatever the hell they're gonna DO.

Ooooh, Charlie, darlin', don't go back in the Hatch blast-zone--!

JIMINY CRICKETS!!! That whole white-light thing was pretty spooky...!! And would have made a GREAT season-ending-!! But we have more-! Looks like everyone else turned out okay, but what of Locke, Eko, Charlie and Des???

Seeya Michael-- hope I never have to see you on LOST again.

The Others are the good guys? They may be.

I assume we will get an explanation for Walt's Shining powers, even if that means seeing Michael again.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 12:23 AM
Ooooh! This means I should srart S3 sooner rather than later!
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 02:04 AM
^most def on the going wild. If I remember that episode correctly.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 02:07 AM
I'll have to plan to be drunk when I hit episode 3! wink
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 02:09 AM
No comments on the final scene?

I always loved how the episode that starts out with Desmond proclaiming that their is no outside world ends with our first present day glimpse off the island!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/22/12 02:34 AM
Oops, sorry I got distracted by a phone call and forgot to add this tidbit, that I thought about that scene:

It worries me that the fate of the world may partially reside in the hands of a couple of goobers in Antarctica (or wherever) playing chess!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 07:03 PM
Okay so after a bit of a break I am ready to resume LOSTing! And here comes Season 3 episode 1!

WOW... The Others' Book Club, where emotions run high! THAT was quite the season openening sequence!

Hmmm... if Kate isn't Other dude's type, he must be a big ol' flaming homo!

An unpleasant 2 weeks to come... more drawn out mystery for us!

BAH! Why can't the cute guy who was in the cell across from Sawyer be the big ol' gay? From what I can tell he's super-dreamy! His name is Karl... and he wants OUT don't he? And now he's all beat up.

here's my problem with shows like this-- "I can't do that, we'll all die" ... would work MUCH better if you are just direct-- "I can't do that, it's a floodgate that will drown us if it is opened!" Lesson Learned: ALWAYS be direct, folks. smile

Sawyer wins reward!!! Oh how awful... rewards on Survivor are MUCH better than this. Of course this reward looks like it was aimed originally for-- I dunno, maybe a polar bear??

"Only took the bears 2 hours"... I was right! *beams with pride*

Hmm! Closed Captioning is giving me the names of folks before the show actually does-- apparently possibly gay older dude is Mr. Friendly (Lame!), while replacement-Libby Jack questioner is named Juliet!

So Henry is actually Ben. And Juliet's name is revealed anyway! Nice job of breaking Jack, Juliet.

Well, I totally like this episode. I **AT LAST** feel like things are progressing forward and we are getting some answers about things alongside the new questions that form.

It also helps that the ridiculous Walt/Michael crapfest is over. I find it hard to believe that didn't bring down ratings.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 07:27 PM
Just so you know, the third season is structured so that the first six episodes form a block, which was originally followed by a mid-season break, then the rest of the season.

Looking back at the review thread for this season, I seemed to have really enjoyed it at the time, though somehow I don't seem to remember it as well as earlier and later seasons.
Posted By: the Hermit Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 07:38 PM
EDE: Where is this review thread you speak of? I can't seem to find it.

LASH: Don't look.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 07:41 PM
Lost Season 3 Thread
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:10 PM
Hmm... there's a couple of deleted scenes from ep. 3 that I'm halfway tempted to suggest Lash watch after that episode...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm thinking about the scenes that introduce Nicki and Paulo, which work much better than their actual introduction into the series.</span></span>
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:25 PM
I remember that the beginning of Lost Season 3 is when I started watching the show regularly. Before that, I'd only seen the pilot and the season one and season two finales with maybe an episode or two in between. It seemed every time I tried to catch a new episode, they were re-running the damn pilot!

Anyhow, for such a "confusing" show, I didn't find it hard to get into at all in S3. I bought and watched the DVD sets of S1 and S2 in the summer after S3 concluded.

LW and their enthusiasm for the show was THE primary factor that got me into Lost! Thanks, LW! hug
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:33 PM
I remember wanting to watch the show when I saw a commercial for the pilot. Missed that, and only caught parts of a few episodes.

Caught part of the season 1 finale, and then when season 2 hit...I watched the recap show and watched every episode as it aired from then on. Well, except for the beginning part of the final season which I watched as soon as it hit Hulu. I was in a class at that time.

I never had an issue figuring it out.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:34 PM
Oddly enough, I think I saw "Whatever the Case May Be" about three or four times before I ever saw another episode!

I bought the S1 dvds when they came out, though, and started watching regularly with S2.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:56 PM
Really? They re-ran that one a lot?

I swear ABC must have re-run the damn pilot a couple dozen times or so...and never with part 2! mad
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 08:59 PM
Yeah, it seems like the most random episode, but I guess it works well as standalone. I dunno... shrug
Posted By: Quislet, Esq Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/27/12 09:16 PM
Juliet became one of my favorite characters.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 04:47 AM
That's good to know about Juliet because I could kind-of tell I would like her as a replacement for Libby (RIP!), and that she and Jack had maybe some chemistry... like, I wouldn't turn off their sex-tape if I came across it innocently online while searching for Legion photos and stuff....

I especially liked it when she cold-cocked him unconscious!!

KID CHAOS! Are you reading these? Send me a PM, let's pow-wow on where you are currently so we can discuss together if at all possible!! I am planning to watch Season 3 episodes 2 and 3 back to back... hit me up!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 06:20 AM
Yay! More LOST recaps to distract from my studying! smile

Be warned though - I found the first part of season 3 to have some of the weakest episodes in the show's run. They're not terrible but there is way too much of the boring

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> love triangle </span></span>

for my liking. Plus, way too many cryptic for the sake of being cryptic conversations rather than just rationally discussing things the way normal people would.

The last half of the season is probably the best in the show's whole run though so it all balances out.

And yes - that season 3 opening scene was amazing! Incredible opening and closing scenes really were a LOST speciality.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 06:25 AM
Hmm... there's a couple of deleted scenes from ep. 3 that I'm halfway tempted to suggest Lash watch after that episode...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm thinking about the scenes that introduce Nicki and Paulo, which work much better than their actual introduction into the series.</span></span>
Gosh! This is the first I'm hearing of this! I always thought that

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Nikki and Paulo </span></span>

were a great idea just badly executed. Especially in the way they were

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> introduced. </span></span>

I'll have to make sure I check out these deleted scenes when I do my own rewatch one day.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 06:33 AM
GASP!!! I SO want to read the spoiler boxes!!!!

Blacula's mention of: Plus, way too many cryptic for the sake of being cryptic conversations rather than just rationally discussing things the way normal people would... quote has me AGAONIZING because this drives me BONKERS!!! As I stated earlier, BE DIRECT!!!

But I am going to wait until I hear back from Kid Chaos before I proceed!
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 09:09 AM
^ Yes. That was a real problem in the first few seasons. I was constantly like "JUST TELL HIM/HER WHAT YOU KNOW!"

I think they start to improve on that later in this season though as some answers start coming, and over the last three seasons I don't remember it being a problem at all.
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 04:22 PM
They did have a spectacular way of starting and ending every season along the way.

From the hatch, the book club (seeing Ethan and whatshisname being sent out), to what's to come for Lashie.

Cannot wait to see the reactions to them.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 04:29 PM
"So I guess I'm out of Book Club."
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 04:34 PM
Blacula, there's definitely a number of deleted scenes over the course of the series that add to the show. There's a bunch of really cute Hurley/Libby stuff that I love.
Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/28/12 05:42 PM
Wonder if Lash would like the Lost Experience? It was over by this point in the series, and it did shed some light on the numbers and the Hanso Foundation.

I wonder if any of the playable parts are still out there?
Posted By: Cobalt Kid Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/29/12 02:47 AM
I can remember exactly where I was when Season 3 Ep 6 aired, and having to wait until before I went out Friday night to watch it (after Eryk told me I could watch the latest eps on ABC.com). I was so blown away by possibly the best Jack sequence EVER in the show. But that's enough of a tease.

Blacula is right about the finale eps of season 3. Just staggering in their greatness. That Sawyer / Locke sequence! You know the one I mean!!!
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/29/12 11:49 PM
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I'm none... they's all daid. wink </span></span>
Posted By: Dev-Em Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 12:05 AM
Ric...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Lash is watching this for the first time, with no knowledge of where t all leads...that is a major spoiler.</span></span>
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 12:26 AM
Also, <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">a really misleading spoiler!</span></span>
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 04:13 AM
No response to my PM from Kid Chaos yet, and I'm ready to get going again, so s3 e2 is GO!

*gasp!* Shame on Sun-tot, lying like that!!

Colleen is a new face/name.

g--AAAAAAA---aaaaa----AAAAAAAAAAA---aaasp! Sun *DID* bump uglies with hotel heir bald dude!! Well, well, well--! One can hardly blame her for falling into his charming (and, added a few moments later: well-chiseled) clutches, but this certainly puts a new spin on Sun. Why is this episode putting dirt on her character? She must be going to do something pretty shocking before it ends...!

Sawyer's "How dare you?" ... *giggle*

The "rock gardening" is already on my nerves. What is the effin' point of THIS? And slave-driver/Colleen-kisser guy is annoying as heck although it is amusing me whenever Sawyer calls him "boss"...

SPOTTED: a super-dreamy no-name member of The Others chatting up whaterface from last episode!! Why he could have been lifted from excellently-coiffed dreams!!

LOVED Sawyer fighting back! I would tell all of those assholes to go break thier own effin' rocks, I don't care how much you frickin' shock me and you can only kill me once.

Shitsnacks! I *knew* they'd get to the boat first!!

DUH!! You shoulda watched the boat, Sayid! Rookie mistake! Meanwhile Sun shoots Colleen, Good. I'm tired of our peeps being the ones getting killed.

Sun escapes (thank all that's sacred... I'm kinda worn out on kidnapping bullcrap)... and we lose yet another boat.

Benjamin Linus... has lived on the island ALL his life? WOW. I'm guessing that is 40 years at the least (which co-incides with 70s). Hmm.

lol I am TOTALLY charmed by Jack becoming completely mesmerized by the Red Sox game... rising and walking over TO it and staring--! That may be the sexiest non-intentionally sexy thing I have ever seen!

I dunno though... I still don't really trust Ben.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 05:40 AM
And since you all have me curious about episode 3:

*rolls eyes at Locke's mute game of charades* And if I was Charlie I wouldn't be going NEAR Locke after the beating he gave Charlie.

And FINALLY Charlie calls him out for that crap!! Of course, as sweet as our little Charlie is, I am sure he will help Locke.

Don't think I missed that "guest starring Ian Somerhalder" on the screen because I did NOT! smile

What's Locke doing picking up hustler-looking hitchhikers? That can only lead to having your glove box rifled through...

AND what is the deal with the homemade drugs? WTF?

BOONIE!!!! Holy crap, he looks pretty!!

WHOA-- the airport trip scene was suitably freaky!

Umm, did Locke really have to do all that to figure out he might need to go check on the condition of Eko, post-hatch-catastrophe??

Oh Lordy!! John's fallen in with some kinda free-love hippie commune cult!!! At least we know he escapes it at some point! wink

Yeesh! So much for spending anymore time in the hatch, that place is real gone, man!

Whoa-- Hurley almost ate knife!!

ASIDE: Don't polar bears, like, need COLD weather to survive? Isn't that why they ARE polar bears?? I guess this is a case of polar bear progeny adapting to the enviromment or something... I hope it is explained adequately at some point.

My WORD-- they kinda pushed what they could get away with in showing nekkid Des chatting up Hugo, didn't they? Goodness.

Way to ruin everything for the pot commune, John! lol

Shades of THE DESCENT! Polar Bear's cave looks a lot like a scene from my favorite scary movie of the 2000s! Bear's eaten a LOT of humans from the looks of it.

Paulo and Nikki! Nice to meet you at last. *rolls eyes*

So now they want to play up some metaphysical "THING" with Desmond and Hugo having deja vu.

I'm also curious where the flashbacks lead next for John, this episode's flashback tale was compelling.

re: the ISLAND... I don't really know what to make of anything anymore. Can someone PLEASE confirm for me that all of this is explained satisfyingly in the end? No spoilers necessary, I just want to be sure I'm not being set up for a massive unexplained letdown. I like things to be wrapped up tidily.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 09:08 AM
... ummmm... wink

---

It probably depends on your definition of "satisfyingly". And "tidily".

Does every question get answered? No.
Do a lot of them? Yes.

I think to say much more would give away... maybe not plot spoilers but experiencing-the-show spoilers.

FWIW, I found it best to engage with this show more on a character level than a plot/island-mystery level. Not that I didn't love the plot/island-mystery too.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 10:43 AM
I'd say that's there's a kind of general explanation for what's going on, though how every little bit of the mystery fits into it is definitely left open to interpretation.

Here's two more Nicki/Paulo scenes which were inexplicably deleted from the ep. (careful you don't read comments!):

Nicki/Paulo Introduction
Nicki talks to Claire
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 11:02 AM
Re: the Polar Bears, I think you're supposed to infer that their survival on a tropical island is the result of Dharma experiments.
Posted By: Blacula Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 03:36 PM
I don't think any inference is necessary re: the Polar Bears.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Their origin is explicitly explained in that special post-series finale mini-episode - The New Man in Charge. One of the disappointing things about that episode actually. Why did the writers waste time explaining stuff that any intelligent LOST fan would have already figured out when there were so many other bigger mysteries still unsolved? </span></span>

Edit - Oh you mean how they actually survive in the tropical climate?

Hmmm, I don't think Polar Bears specifically need cold weather to survive. They just prefer it. In fact there's a Polar Bear in a zoo in Mexico that's in the news at the moment because some activists want to free it. It looks about as bedraggled and unhappy as the island's Polar Bears do but it's still alive after 20 years in the Mexican climate.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 03:44 PM
I think I can handle self-interpretation of lots of the mysteries as long as there is indeed a general explanation for what the heck is going on, in the end. I will check out the clips (sans comments) and probably watch episode 4 when I return from an annoying errand.

If I was a polar bear in Mexico, I'd be pretty freakin' unhappy too I suppose!
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 05/30/12 03:58 PM
I've seen contradictory stuff on how long polar bears can survive in a tropical climate. Still, if an explanation is needed, Dharma experiments work for me.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/02/12 10:35 PM

Blacula is right about the finale eps of season 3. Just staggering in their greatness. That Sawyer / Locke sequence! You know the one I mean!!!
So I've totes been watching a bunch of season 3 over the past couple of days and, despite a couple of weaker episodes early on, it is totally on fire in the second half of the season!

And, yeah, that whole Locke/Sawyer ep... some of the most powerful stuff ever on the show.
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/03/12 03:42 AM
[b]

So I've totes been watching a bunch of season 3 over the past couple of days and, despite a couple of weaker episodes early on, it is totally on fire in the second half of the season!

And, yeah, that whole Locke/Sawyer ep... some of the most powerful stuff ever on the show.[/b]
Is that the stuff with...<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Anthony Cooper</span></span>? Seems like that came later to this ol' memory.
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/03/12 04:38 AM
oooh! I'll get back into this soon!!
Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/03/12 04:40 AM
oooh! I'll get back into this soon!!
Hurry UP, man! We wantcha to get to the GOOD stuff in S3, ASAP! nod
Posted By: the Hermit Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/21/12 01:05 AM
Time to get this thread back on the front page!
Posted By: MLLASH Re: Which Lost character are you? - 06/21/12 01:17 AM
Sorry about the delay... I had hoped to hear back from Kid Chaos and I've been experimenting with some different shows (TEEN WOLF has been a lot of fun) and revisiting old favorites (30 ROCK ages exceptionally well) and of course I'm tits-deep in current runs for DALLAS and TRUE BLOOD. Plus I've been doodling more.

I promise I haven't given up on LOST reviews!!
© Legion World