Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
A new season! Comic book day has been a treat all summer with 52, but this is what makes my Hump Day.

A new season opens with a big reveal, one I'm sure everyone guessed, but never fully imagined. The opener focuses on the Big Three (Jack, Kate, Sawyer) and their initial imprisonment with The Others.

We get some background on Jack's divorce. He can be a bit obsessive, can't he... and self destructive.

Watching the credits, there's a couple of obvious omissions, and one not so surprising addition to the cast in the form of Henry Gale (not his real name) as an ongoing character.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
A great first episode! As usual, I'm left wanting more.

Wish we'd seen more of the story moving along, and the rest of the cast, but we'll get to all that eventually.

What omissions, CJ? I didn't pay attention to that...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the two actors missing in the credits had a send off last season.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
So, I guess Walt didn't have anything to do with the polar bear's appearance way back when?
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow...what a great season opener.

Didn't see any of that happening. I trust no new character or any of their motivation.

Totally great show!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Well, the two actors missing in the credits had a send off last season.

Oh. Oh yeah [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It was awesome!

I think it did a great job of establishing the notion that this season is about the Others, in the same way that last season's opener established that it was going to be about the Hatch, and giving just enough of a glimpse of them to whet our appetites.

The most interesting bit was "Let it go" coming through the supposedly dead speaker. I'd guess that's connected to the whispers in some way, which may have nothing to do with the Others at all, assuming that Juliet didn't actually know anything about the voice.

I'm curious about Rousseau's inability to find the Others as well, given that they apparently have a little suburb right in the middle of the island.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
The opening scene where "Henry" (?) gives the orders to Ethan and whatshisface to go infiltrate the castaways--SO creepy to get that kind of flashback. Watching the clip show last week reminded me how much more we know about the day the plane crashed now than we did first season.

With all the messing about with our heroes' heads, suddenly we're veering much more closely to "Magus" territory. I'm not sure how much patience I'll have for prison drama. And haven't these people figured out yet that EVERYONE and EVERYTHING seems to have been put into place to f*** with them? If I were Sawyer or Jack et al, I'd have to start considering putting bullets into people just to upset their "game." They've got to realize at some point that they're rats in a maze. I would really like them to turn the tables on the Others by the end of this season. It would be immensely satisfying.

I hope we get to see what's going on with everyone else next week--I know Jack, Sawyer, and Kate are now the Lost Holy Trinity, but the other characters are more likable.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
That was creepy with Henry 'Ben' whatever.
It was nice to see Ethan and Goodwin and that no character in Lost is ever truly dead.

So is Mr Smiley - Kate's handler- supposed to be gay now. He did tell Kate 'Your not my type.' That's a gay line right there.

It seems 'Othersville' is a 'The Prisoner' type place.

We do get alot of answers of the stations, and where the bear and the shark came from. And we are right about the 3 facations on the island.

The Losties, the others and Dharama.

Can't wait for next week!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by rtvu2:
So is Mr Smiley - Kate's handler- supposed to be gay now. He did tell Kate 'Your not my type.' That's a gay line right there.

You know... it might explain the whole "Deliverance costumes" thing as well. [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Damn...forgot to record it!!!

But rtvu2 is right...Henry/Ben/whoever is mega-creepy! It's those eyes! Brrr!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

You can watch the episode on abc.com! That's what I did!
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

quote:
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
But rtvu2 is right...Henry/Ben/whoever is mega-creepy! It's those eyes! Brrr!

The actor played a serial killer on "The Practice" a few years back (same network oddly enough.) I just keep flashing back to his breakfast with Jack and Locke last season.
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, Sawyer is just the perennial whipping-dog isn't he? The writers seem to like heaping the indignities upon him (though it does make for funny moments).

And what the heck happened to Kate?? She was definitely rattled - perhaps even traumatized by the time she got to her cage.

And y'know, as much as Jack blames himself for his dad falling off the wagon, his ex could've spared everyone a lot of grief if she'd just *told Jack the guy's name!!*

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
And y'know, as much as Jack blames himself for his dad falling off the wagon, his ex could've spared everyone a lot of grief if she'd just *told Jack the guy's name!!*

Yes, but that misses the point that it wasn't Jack's business. He strikes me (I just started watching the series) as someone who needs to be in control, and it bugs him to the point of violence when he's not. Perhaps this is why his marriage failed to begin with.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.