Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think she'll ultimately choose Sawyer, but I can't really see her actually making a full-fledged decision/committment to anyone for at least some time (i.e. if she does choose Sawyer, you can bet we'll see them go for long periods of time where they're fighting, not seeing eye to eye, 'running' from their pasts and thus each others, etc.).

I also think Other do not = Dharma, but Kelvin's hostiles do.

Also loving Rosseau's daughter and looking forward to seeing more of her role here.

I think the sudden reappearance of Walt and Michael (especially if off the island) would be a hella-kewl mid-season moment.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Actually, from what TPTB have been saying for weeks now Click Here For A SpoilerKate's definitely choosing by episode 6. They're also saying that Juliet is likely a new love interest for Jack. So Sawyer seems like the obvious choice, but like I said, some are disagreeing.

I agree that any relationship between Kate and Sawyer will be rocky to put it mildly, but that's what makes it interesting. [Smile]

I think it might be Penelope that shows up mid-season. I'm not sure I like that idea, though. Some think the mid-season shock will be Jack joining the Others. That could be fasinating, I think.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
According to the latest Lost Podcast

Click Here For A SpoilerThe focus will shift to a new love triangle this season, which will be Claire, Charlie, and someone else!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerYeah, because that's just what this show needs - another love triangle. LOL I am so sick of love triangles at the moment. Still, it'll be interesting to so who the other guy/girl is. I hope it's not Desmond after the way they set up his relationship with Penny. Then again he is supposed to be naked tomorrow night. Maybe Claire gets a peek and can't resist. [Smile]

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I think that ol' devil Locke will start making moves on Rose!

(I kid, I kid [Big Grin] )

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Click Here For A Spoilerthoughts:
Great, great, great episode! Another great one!

Time Travel? It begs one to question it, especially given this show's sci-fi aspects. Whatever the case, Desmond still fascinates me--a very welcome addition to this show.

Glad to see Hurley mixed up in his mystery.

Charlie had some good welcome scenes.

Locke was awesome as usual (my favorite character). His story has moved forward now and he's 'reclaiming himself' after his crisis of conscience last season and stepping up to be a leader. I can't wait to see more.

The Polar Boy mystery (not really a mystery per se anymore) was revisited. I'd have liked to see more but I trust we will eventually...one day [Big Grin] .

Can't wait for more Eko and Claire.

Two new people had actual lines? If they names that makes them potential murder victims this season [Big Grin]

Seeing Boone was awesome. I feel like Shannon won't be coming back anytime soon (indeed, her exit from the show made it seem like it had more to do 'off screen' with the producers than anything). So its great that Boone is so tied to Locke's story that they can have him revisit Locke in a scene like that. I thought it was a great scene, very well done. Very eerie.

So right now Locke, Hurley, Claire and Walt are the only ones who haven't killed anyone? (Maybe Sun, we don't know yet). I wonder if that ties directly to Locke's ability to 'commune' with the island? Just like Hurley could 'commune' with the numbers, Walt had abilities and Claire had the baby (which remains mysterious in its eventually ending up on the island). A far-fetched idea, but something that could mean something...

All in all, another fantastic episode. And the next episode looks hella-intense.

Arachne
Bookworm

Do we need spoilers now that the episode has aired?

Click Here For A SpoilerI'm not sure what you meant by time travel. i think Desmond's having premontions.
Those two new guys are definitely joining the cast. They won't be killed too quickly, I think, because there was a lot of fuss made about the casting. Apparently, the guy is a major star in Brazil.

One more comment with spoilers for future eps: Click Here For A SpoilerIt looks like Shannon will be in someone's flashbacks later this season.

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
So right now Locke, Hurley, Claire and Walt are the only ones who haven't killed anyone? (Maybe Sun, we don't know yet).

Hurley did kill a bunch of people, if by accident. We don't quite know how, but his guilt put him in the mental asylum. And wasn't Claire about to abort her baby? I forget. Jin hasn't been shown to kill anyone, has he? And then there's Rose and Bernard...

Regarding Locke, this episode makes me think he probably did kill someone at some point, perhaps that policeman. I just think it's funny that he keeps refering to himself as a hunter, even after letting the policeman go.

[ October 19, 2006, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: Doctor One ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Owl Lad
proudtobecanadian

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Owl Lad   Email Owl Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
[QUOTE]I just think it's funny that he keeps refering to himself as a hunter, even after letting the policeman go.

...or did he?
Eryk Davis Ester

I thought this week was pretty cool, with the kind of return-to-the-hunter storyline going on with Locke, and also a little background on where the hunter/backwoods mystic persona came from in the first place.

Desmond became my favorite character with last season's finale, so it was nice to see him back, and I'm definitely interested in the developments with him.

Hopefully Eko will be back up and kicking butt before too long.

It looks like we may have found out what happened to the last inhabitants of the Pearl. Though the oddest thing in the bear cave was the toy truck.

The Locke/Charlie relationship was interesting to explore. It's interesting to think that Charlie and Boone were both kind of "disciples" of Locke at points during the first season, and it could very easily have been Charlie who was "sacrificed" to the island rather than Boone.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Arachne - for the Time Travel thing, that's *kinda* tongue in cheek, though Desmond waking up naked (a la the Terminators after they time travel) kind of gave me that thought, only to be backed up by Desmond's knowing about Locke's speech. I agree that premonitions or something is more likely though [Big Grin]

I'm still really pumped from the last episode. I can't wait to see what Locke, Eko and crew do next!

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't really give us a conclusion to that Locke flashback, did they? At least we now know that Locke used to burn fatties...

I felt like the sneak peek at next week suggested that Kate loves Sawyer. All of the plot developments this season and at the end of last season suggested Sawyer. I'm starting to like them as a couple more anyway. I agree with no more love triangles. I'm sorry, but I'm not watching this show for romantic shenanigans. Bah humbug.

I'm not getting the polar bear. This show is too smart to ignore the fact that a polar bear couldn't survive very long in a tropical environment, and dragging a living human being deep into a cave is not normal polar bear behavior. Something else is going on.

I'm not too sorry to see the hatch go. It's served it's purpose, although my wife lamented "No more showers for them."

My lovely wife and I also agree that the "imprisoned and tortured" thing needs to play out quickly. I'm not sure I'm down with prison drama.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I would guess the whole "imprisoned" thing will only last through the duration of the (now half over) mini-season.

It wouldn't surprise me if the polar bear has actually been genetically modified in some way, in order to increase both its adaptibility to enviromental conditions and its agression.

doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The "Who will Kate choose?" question always seemed academic and not very interesting to me, because "Sawyer" is SOOO pathologically incapable of a normal, loving relationship. So, is Jack, for that matter. So is Kate, now that I think about it. Oh, so who cares?!?!?

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

LOL You'd be surprised, doublechinner. Lost-forum moderators are on constant watch to prevent ship wars from breaking out. The Jater slogan is "Jate is Fate", and they really believe it. I've been involved with internet fandoms for over ten years and I've never seen anything like it. I agree that there's much more to the show than romance. If there wasn't I'd have given it up months ago.

I don't want the imprisonment last much longer, either. I think we're probably stuck with it till the sixth episode, though. Sawyer getting tortured again is overkill. Let's see he's been punched, tortured, stabbed, shot, kicked around, tossed in a pit, shot again, stun gunned, beaten some more, stunned again. [No] I know he's got some major bad karma, but it's someone elses turn.

I'm facinated by the cave. I want to know who's truck that was. Someone suggested it was the bear's. I'm not sure that's a joke; the bears were being tested for intelligence. I also wonder how far that cave goes. It looked huge. I hope it's explored further. (And I hope Kate gets out in time to do some of the exploring.

[ October 20, 2006, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.