Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 38)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Someone got a screencap of the newspaper clipping.

Definitely a man, the first name starts with Jo, I think. Looks like you called it Eryk. [Smile]

EDIT: Hmm, it says ...antham of New York. Wonder what that means.

[ May 24, 2007, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Arachne ]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The coffin seems to be freakishly small, for what's it worth. I didn't notice the first time around, but re-watching it today it looks like it's got to be someone fairly short.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I noticed it when I re-watched, too. I thought it might be something to do with the camera angles. Some people are saying it's Walt. I don't know, could Locke have had his legs amputated?

Another thing I noticed the second time around was Charlie crossing himself at the end. That really got to me. [Frown]

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

There's an interview with Damon Lindelof up. I don't think it's going to explain much. (Haven't finished reading it yet.)

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
isnt John's last name Locke?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Yep. Hence the "Hmm..." Some of the Losties may have gotten new identities, I suppose, but that'd mean it could be anyone. (Well, anyone male.)

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I've seen "Jeremy Bentham" suggested as the name.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I've seen that, too, but the name doesn't mean anything to me.

Lindelof says the triangle will end. [Big Grin] [does a little dance]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

Bentham, like Locke and Hume, was a British philosopher. He's most famous as one of the founders of Utilitarian moral theory. His body is preserved in a chair at one of the Universities in London, kind of like Jacob.
Arachne
Bookworm

Ew. LOL Yeah, that sounds like something the writers would do. Using the name I mean, not preserving someone in a chair. Although...

--------------------

Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
I also think that Locke is the man in the coffin. If Jack is now desperately trying to go back to the island, Locke would have been a really important ally, he is very in-tune with the island and surely would have wanted to go back more than anybody else. But the more important thing is that obviously Jack thinks that he did Locke wrong by getting him rescued. Learning that he died could well have been the last straw in making him suicidal.

And Locke really doesn't have anyone to attend his funeral, does he?

As to why the coffin is that short, I don't know. But I have a feeling that next season is going to be really, really depressing. Jack on his way to that sorry state we saw him at. Hurley's bad luck will probably come back. So will Rose's cancer. Locke, if taken off the island, is going to be devastated. One winner, for sure, is going to be Sun, her baby will probably be born all right. By the way, if that is true, wouldn't hers be the first baby conceived on-island that didn't die before birth? That would make it quite special, wouldn't it? Maybe he'll be born particularly powerful. Or particularly weak. Or both. Something to do with the baby would probably really motivate Sun and Jin to want to go back...

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Hm...I can't see Locke actually leaving though. And he would probably have his former lover from Season One show up at his funeral (in theory). What was her name?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor One:
I also think that Locke is the man in the coffin. If Jack is now desperately trying to go back to the island, Locke would have been a really important ally, he is very in-tune with the island and surely would have wanted to go back more than anybody else. But the more important thing is that obviously Jack thinks that he did Locke wrong by getting him rescued. Learning that he died could well have been the last straw in making him suicidal.

And Locke really doesn't have anyone to attend his funeral, does he?

I'm still not convinced Locke left with the rest of the team. After he fails to stop Jack you see him turn around and slink off. I assumed he'd be the one to resist rescue (like Rousseau) and just hide out in the jungle. I don't think the island would let them find John if he didn't want to be found.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The idea of the flashforward is certinly interesting - especially since they've said that they're planning an ending. I wonder if we'll see more of those next season? It wouldn't surprise me if we catch up to that flash forward by next season's end and that the show will actually involve a smaller group of castaways getting back to the island for some reason.

Now about Charlie -- *why* did he have to close the door? I can see maybe protecting Des from the explosion, but once the room was filling he could've opened it (well, maybe not with the prssure, but they could've tried). It probably would've taken an hour for the entire station to flood. They had scuba gear. Heck they swam their on their own, they could've just swam out. It makes no sense to me.

[ May 25, 2007, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
if the show decides to take the castaways off the island so that they can go back( for what reason i have no idea, regardless of jacks beliefs)they dont have to call the show lost anymore, they can call
RETURN TO GILIGAN'S ISLAND

If the castaways leave the island only to decide they MUST go back, then they are no longer lost and therefor no point to continue.
Thats the Series Finale!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  35  36  37  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.