Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 40)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
i read that supposedly the woman that jack saved was juliette's sister, and the kid was 5.
It was someones observation so i couldnt tell you if its true or not.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I could just read through this thread, but then I might read about plot twists, etc.

I have been watching Lost by buying the DVD of each season. I just saw Season three on sale. I've kind of heard that season 3 is a let down. So, opinions please. Should I buy Seaon 3 or not. And please no spoilers.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The winter mini-season (the first six episodes) was pretty weak, but it really picked up in the spring. I'd say it's fairly typical of Lost-quality overall, with some episodes being brilliant and others not-so-great.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Absolutely buy Season 3.

And I don't agree that the first 6 episodes were weak. What they didn't contain was any new answers or definite clues about the overall series mystery. However, those episodes still include plenty of action, and furtherance of plot, as well as introduction of a number of characters who play big parts in upcoming episodes.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely buy it, Quis! I don't think you'll be let down by it!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, some of the shows best moments EVER are in season three. You'll enjoy it. It definatley picks up as Eryk said.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
If you have ever enjoyed Lost then WITHOUT A DOUBT buy Season 3!

The last half of the season is the best the show has ever been IMO and the first 6 episodes, while being a little Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Others heavy, is not too bad either. Certainly not as bad as the nay-sayers make it out to be.

Hmm thinking about this show again has me wanting to go out and buy the DVD too.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK you all have convinced me.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rouge:
So I think at least the first few episodes will be Jack getting his shit together and then "Getting the Band Back Together". Obviously, he's got all the resources he needs with a "Golden Ticket" and three very wealthy contacts (Hurley, Sun and Penny [assuming Desmond gets out of there too]). Gives the creators a good platform to selectively bring cast back and jettison those whose stores are finished.

So I imagine Naomi and company are Dharma folks and they move right back into their old digs but with even more security while Richard and the Others resume their roles as Guerrilla/Invisible warriors. The wildcard is Locke. Does he join/lead the Others, or is he a free agent like Rousseau?

Other questions:

Does Alex stay with Rousseau or does she leave with the Losties?

Anyone else get left behind?

Will we get to see what happened to Ben? Did he die in prison?

How did Kate get out of her murder conviction?

If Rose leaves is she sick now?

Who planted the fake wreckage?

Is the Island public knowledge now?

Was it really Walt (and if it's the beast/ghost, does that mean the real Walt's dead? I can't remember any other live person appearing in a vision to people on the Island)?

Commenting here to avoid just filling the other thread with spoiler boxes.

Interesting how right/wrong I was on some of those, and how a lot of it played out.

I think season three on it's own was my favourite season, but looking back is where things started to go off the rails. So many cool ideas and mysteries were floated this season, but so few paid off satisfactorily in the long run, that it's really disappointing looking back. Two of the worst being:

The Cabin was so creepy and cool at first, but turned out to be ultimately meaningless (and who was actually trapped there by the ash, since Smokey was all over the island and the real Jacob was hanging out at the Statue?).

And, just when it looked like we were about to get the veil pulled back on the Others, instead we got nothing really useful or even cool about them for the remaining seasons.

From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  37  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.