Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, the lethal lady is Juliet. She is definitely giving me an eerie feeling. She's all nice to Jack, but she's hiding something. And her face off with Ben is too intense. She is going to be big this season.

Speaking of Ben... he and Jack have that whole control issue thing going don't they? And sorry, but video footage can be faked. There's no way I would believe the Red Sox won the Series without having actually seen it.

Sayid is awesome. This guy has been a favourite from the beginning, and this episode showed why. Loyal, fierce, sneaky, good. He is the best at what he does.

Finally Sun and Jin- well mostly Sun. The most fascinating character on the show. Watching her go from quiet and demure, to strong and determined, to sad and alone, to scared and deadly has been the most entertaining for me. I'm curious to know if she knows how her lover died.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As for the future... it seems I won't get Eko without him playing off Locke. Ah well, I survived Locke in Philosophy class, I can survive him here too.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Arachne:
For Kate going home whould mean going to jail, so I don't think it could be that simple. I think they're more likely to be threatening her to get her to do something from them.

Sun really is Daddy's little girl, isn't she?

True, but the Others have deeper connections then we have been lead to believe. For me, it wouldn't be a stretch for them to offer Kate a way home and a new identity.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Favorite line of the episode: "How dare you!"
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

For me it was: "You taste like fish biscuit."
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
LOVED Sawyer kicking ass and taking the measure of the Others. Surely he would not be so stupid as to think that he was not being observed and the conversations being recorded.

I go back and forth on the Others. Are they really so prone to violence? They did seem a bit shocked that some of their own had been killed. You also have to assume that much of what they're doing is calculated. The pointless moving of stones (another useless task, a la the computer OR the observation cameras), the belligerance, the whole messing around with Jack, the fish biscuit, all MUST be planned.

Juliet is definitely dangerous. I may be more scared of her than Ben.

If Kate tastes like strawberries after a day in the hot sun moving rocks with no water, she's worth everything Sawyer and Jack have gone through.

I'm starting to wonder if any of the survivors is a plant--namely Kate. Some of her actions are starting to look a little fishy. Where was she for the missing time? Why the wrist wounds?

The knowledge of Sawyer's real name indicates that the Others know about the survivor's lives before the crash. Not all of their information was gotten from the guys who were planted. Does that mean that they really do have contact with the outside world?

For some reason, the time lag between when the show is happening and now bothers me.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Presumably Kate's wrist injuries are merely the result of the too-tight handcuffs Ben made her wear in episode 1.

It becomes more clear that, like Rose and Bernard, Locke and Eko, Jin and Sun probably BELONG on the island. Sun is pregnant (whether from Jin or not, stay tuned). More importantly, it is the only place on earth where they can hide from Sun's father. And, it's a natural place for Jin, the fisherman's boy, to feel worthwhile.

The Other ARE fascinating, aren't they? They always proclaim, "we're the good guys," and yet they torture, kill, mislead, abduct, experiment, etc. Kind of like Bush saying he's a good guy in Iraq. Maybe that is what the producers are going for. If these are the good guys, who the hell are the bad guys?

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read the Entertainment Weekly Season 3 round up--lots of good information. It also brought up the question of Sun's baby. I guess I just naively assumed that it was another island miracle a la Locke's legs. Did we know before this week's ep that Sun had actually slept with her "English teacher?"

No, the Others certainly don't behave like the good guys--but neither, for the most part, do our heroes. There certainly has been a lot of killing on both sides, but the ultimate responsibility has to lie with the Others--they started it!

--------------------

Don't judge me!

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

We haven't seen Sun sleep with her tutor before now. Last we saw, she and Jin were trying to conceive. They had been tested at a fertility clinic, where we were told Jin was packing, but that Sun was unable to carry a child. There was a pregnancy test on the plane, so someone was wondering (viewers were led to believe it was Sun.)

I'm wondering if the Others have taken an isolationist stand. With Rousseau's comments about a "sickness" and the island's knack for healing people, combined with the mention of quarrantine here and there, it could be a consciuos decision to remove themselves from the outside world.

Maybe the island has become a Molokai of sorts...

armsfalloffboy
huh?

That whole "sickness" plot point has kind of fallen by the wayside, eh? How DOES Rousseau fit into all of this? How could she have been on the island this long and not have a much better idea of what's going on? Why haven't the Others gone after her like they have the Losties? Come to think of it, it was she that brought Ben to their attention, and since there's no way that Ben would have been so stupid as to allow himself to get caught, I think I'm forced to assume that Rousseau is in leauge with the Others.

--------------------

Don't judge me!

Eryk Davis Ester

I'm thinking we're going to have to see a Rousseau flashback at some point in order to explain how she fits into everything. I think it's quite mysterious that she never found Othersville in the sixteen years she's been on the island, but I don't think that she's in league with them. I'm thinking she must have at least had contact with previous hatch-dwellers to know about the security system and such. Her daughter is shaping up to be a really interesting character, though.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It's also interesting that they didn't seem to know about the boat. Desmond's hatch partner fixed the baby up - was he trying to leave the Others and didn't even let them in on it? Or did they just not know that Desmond took it and ended up coming back?

And if Walt's off the show, they better still explain his role in all this - he seemed pretty important there for awhile (unless they plan on using him to introduce an *off-island* component/storyline to the show?)

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Great points about Rousseau and the Desmond's boat. To avoid concluding the writers have screwed up, we would have to suppose the following:

1) The Others really weren't paying attention to Locke's hatch. If they HAD been paying attention, they would have seen what's-his-name sneaking off all time to work on Desmond's boat.

2) Maybe you can't reach Othersville on foot unless you know the secret? The others seemed most concerned that it WAS reachable by boat, implying they have some sort of land-based camoflage/defense.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, I think the Others = the Hostiles that Kelvin referred to, implying that they weren't really on good terms.

I don't think that the Others = Dharma, but rather test subjects or prisoners of Dharma that rebelled or something, whereas the Hatch people seem to be the actual remnants of Dharma. There's also the interesting question of who exactly was using the Pearl station, since there was a burning cigarette there when Locke and Eko visited it.

The not-reachable-by-land theory seems plausible.

Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There was a burning cigarette? I totaly missed that. I agree, this isn't all being done by one group, but I'm not sure yet which group is Dharma.

Okay, I need some help. I'm doubting my sanity. Well, more than usual, I mean. [Smile] Anyway, there's this spoiler:

Click Here For A Spoiler Basically, Kate's finally going to choose which guy she wants, Sawyer or Jack, within the first six episodes. Yesterday, a spoiler reporter (Kristen from EOnline) said that it's obvious from what we already know who Kate was going to choose.

I thought that was great because I knew who I thought the obvious choice was (Sawyer), but fans on the other side of the debabte think their side is the obvious. So I'm asking you guys because I know this isn't a major issue to you. Is it as obvious as Kirsten thinks? If so, which side's in denial?

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.