Legion World
Is it any coincidence that those Legionnaires seen using the Big Computer to have their little kissing contest are the following:

Element Lad
Light Lass
Shrinking Violet
Invisible Kid
Chameleon Boy (Mr. Ambiguous gender himself)
Duo Damsel (I know you've all had the thought...)

I think not!
Poppin' portents!
Are you implying that gay characters were forced to act straight in public by the Adventure Legion's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, though we All Know Policy"?
I'm implying that gay characters are naturally more experimental with physical contact, unlike straight characters who just dance and play Spaceopoly or moon after girls they only knew briefly and whom they haven't heard from for months!
Interesting, I cant speak from a deep understanding but for the (rather few, I admit) homosexuals I've known over the years it seems to go from one extreme to the opposite as soon as they understood something.

Sort of a repression, then to a sudden explosion when they have some sort of epiphany. Heteros seem to evolve on a more gradualist learning curve as it were.

So yeah I see what you're saying.
Was Northstar the first super-hero to come out of the closet?
where is that computer these days?

LightningLord1
This supports my theory that the Legion was originally written by time travellers who, of course, knew how the future series would turn out.
Ironically enough, that machine existed on Steeple in the post-boot...
Jillikers! Maybe Fortress Lad turned all those Legionnaires gay, with rays!
My theory: In retaliation for his recent defeat, COMPUTO left a "gay-izing" program in the kiss-O-meter, dooming the next few users to a life of ambiguous sexuality!

Either that, or gay rays.
re: the kiss-O-meter scene (LSH ARCHIVES # 5 or ADVENTURE # 342, for those not in the know):

You'll note how Lyle Norg is positively drooling at the mouth at the notion of getting hunky buzzcutted Star Boy involved in the tongue-entwining shenanigans!

Of course, the uber-hetero Thom makes up some lame excuse, stumbling over his words like a nervous Catholic Schoolgirl on a date with a senior: "No--- err, I'll see if the applicants for membership are here yet!"

Then the angst starts a-flying when Lyle sobs, "...Star Boy never seems to have time for romance... with me! *choke!*"
Thank goodness good ol' dependable Luornu was there to console him!
Computo was my other theory!
'Cause Lord knows it would take gay rays or an evil, brainwashing computer program to make a sentient find a sentient of the same sex attractive!
But how do we explain Condo?
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Many have tried to explain Condo. No explanation has been satisfactory so far.
Posted By: Pov Re: Homosexual comic characters promote kissing! - 09/01/05 04:25 PM
IT's an apartment you own with a lawn you don't. wink
Condo? Obviously, he was straight, as all normal people are. But when gay-ized Lyle Norg took him under his wing, he began secretly exposing him to the long-unused kiss-O-meter and its corrupting influence.

Only one of Duo Damsel's selves was influenced, which explains why she married Chuck in a desperate attempt to kick her evil lesbian programming.
As for Mekt and Holt, well, they were already brain-damaged from being born singletons.
How do we even begin to explain the gayest character of all literature: the Green Arrow descendent who drove the tour bus in front of Legion HQ?
What makes you think Oli Q-3 (I forget the exact spelling of his name) is gay?

next you'll be telling me that Sinde is a lesbian.
Ah! You obviously didn't read issue #3 of "Cobalt Kid's misinformed and Outrageously Inaccurate Gay Legion stories!".
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Condo? Obviously, he was straight, as all normal people are. But when gay-ized Lyle Norg took him under his wing, he began secretly exposing him to the long-unused kiss-O-meter and its corrupting influence.

Only one of Duo Damsel's selves was influenced, which explains why she married Chuck in a desperate attempt to kick her evil lesbian programming.
Lesbian programming, eh? So what was the thing with Nam'Lor, then? Her just-been-rejected-by-Superboy-and-Mon-el phase?
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Ah! You obviously didn't read issue #3 of "Cobalt Kid's misinformed and Outrageously Inaccurate Gay Legion stories!".
I must have missed the first two issues - how did they go again, Cobie? lol
Duh! She was under the influence of Nam'Lor's aura!
It's a well-known fact that hyper-auras trump lesbian programming!
But they don't alter the "evil" part.
I wonder whose evil machinations transformed me from a red-blooded American boy into the degenerate homosexual I am today?

Or maybe its just insanity...
Alternatively, it's possible that Ayla infected Mekt when she felt left out after Garth married Imra! Mekt was her "replacement" twin!
I'll kiss anybody after a few pints! *hic*
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Interesting, I cant speak from a deep understanding but for the (rather few, I admit) homosexuals I've known over the years it seems to go from one extreme to the opposite as soon as they understood something.

Sort of a repression, then to a sudden explosion when they have some sort of epiphany. Heteros seem to evolve on a more gradualist learning curve as it were.

So yeah I see what you're saying.
Heteros evolve?
You learn something new every day! hmmm
Homosexual comic book characters are a myth, like rock candy and catchphrases created by EDE and Lash!
Homosexual comic book characters are a myth, like rock candy and catchphrases created by EDE and Lash!
Jeepers! Rock candy is a myth?

Cobalt Kid, you are the tits for exposing these myths (as opposed to exposing yourself)
Jinkies! Does that mean that Velma is, in reality, a very brainy lesbian? wink laugh
The gay ray or Computo trap left behind a gay residue on the converted Legionnaires. Condo unwittingly duplicated this residue and became gay himself.
Originally posted by KidChaos:
I wonder whose evil machinations transformed me from a red-blooded American boy into the degenerate homosexual I am today?

Or maybe its just insanity...
Did you read Legion growing up? I know I did. LSH is obviously to blame!
It was seeing Cosmic Boy in that bustier! That's what did it! I'm gay because of a scantily clad young man in a comic book!

Genetics! Ha! A likely story! It was Cosmic Boy!
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
This supports my theory that the Legion was originally written by time travellers who, of course, knew how the future series would turn out.
Read in its context, this is a contender for the funniest post ever!
click to enlarge
regarding the topic title: maybe, but what has that done for me lately?

bah! MektRanzz3
click to enlarge
Cool! Are these yours, or somebody else's? Nice job regardless. Jeckie looks especially good.

I'm very tempted sometimes to buy a cheap Cy-Girl on-line and try my hand at figure customization. God knows, that's probably the only way I'm ever going to own any large-sized, well clothed and styled Legionairre action figures (although I must say that I'm hopeful that DC Direct will at least do Mon-El someday).

Sorry. I know that this is off topic, but your pic really grabbed me. The rest of the thread has put a smile on my face, too, for what its worth. Hmmm. Would the collarary of this thread be: heterosexual comic characters promote punching? Nah! Just too many unplanned babies in the world, that's all. smile
Mediocre Boy, for more LSH-doll fun:

Introducing Princess Projectra

and

Phantom Girl Doll

Healex is the proud owner, and he's planning MORE!

Don't miss all the fun in the BITS forum!
I think we can all agree that Cham and Gim are the breakout homosexual stars of the threeboot. They're practically dripping with sexual tension these days. Of course, who knows what Cham qualifies for sexuality-wise. He's got three continuities of sexual aggression to finally get out, ever since his late-Adventure days.
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
next you'll be telling me that Sinde is a lesbian.
She's not??? eek wink
click to enlarge
Go ahead, Jeckie-- KISS her!
Now I'm going to have a to take a picture of that.. hehehehe
or better yet wait until I get Violet done for Ayla
Can't wait!! kiss
God now I'll have to have Invisible Kid and Chemical King made.... you people are gonna cost me a fortune... smile
I think we can all agree that Cham and Gim are the breakout homosexual stars of the threeboot. They're practically dripping with sexual tension these days. Of course, who knows what Cham qualifies for sexuality-wise. He's got three continuities of sexual aggression to finally get out, ever since his late-Adventure days.
I don't know about Gim in the three-boot. It is his younger brother who is the gay one.
come on, they're ALL gay - who else would voluntarily wear skintight spandex?

Ultra Boy is clearly trying to fight the gayness, but who is he kidding with all that leather?

Mon-el - have you ever seen a straight guy wear a cloak (and get away with it)?
Hello all... I made another picture with my new lady. I hope you enjoy.

[Linked Image]
Oh, man! Now that's neat! laugh
They're all FABOO!!
Especially Shady!!
cool they may be, but also slightly creepy... especially considering Tinya and Ayla seem to be copping a good feel!
(Ayla more than Tinya - the saucy minx!)
Is it odd that I stared at that pick for a good two and a half minutes? laugh
Not at all. smile I dream about it at night and am going to have a copy of it tattooed onto my back this weekend. wink
Er... just bumping for general faboo-ness!
Is it odd that I stared at that pick for a good two and a half minutes? laugh
It's okay. I just stared at your post of 8/16/07 for five minutes. That sort of re-sets the universe and everything.

If there were supposed to be pictures, don't post them. I'll die.
It's a well-known fact that hyper-auras trump lesbian programming!
A 2nd contender within this thread for BEST LSH POST EVER.

I may need to find 10 more or so and do a poll...
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[b]This supports my theory that the Legion was originally written by time travellers who, of course, knew how the future series would turn out.
Read in its context, this is a contender for the funniest post ever![/b]
This is the other contender, FYI... must find 10 more...
Page 2? The giant homosexual-kissing-promotion computer thinks NOT.
Poppin' portents!
I hereby vow to use this criminally-underused alliterative expression whenever fitting!
Warning:

Viewing this fan art of superheroes kissing has already turned millions of hapless straight people gay.

Don't go looking at it and then come crying to me later when your perilous state of straightness goes, uh, straight to heck.

Thank You.
shrug Didn't do much for me. Good thing I'm already gay. wink
Well, it's certainly ruined my life. All I wanna' do now is wear flannel and hang around with Virginia Mayhew .

Oh, wait. I wanted that last week, too. Damn.
It happens in all the best families, apparently .

Small wonder the kids in fandom keep going astray like this...

shake
I like that Brainiac 5/Invisible Kid kiss better than the one showing tongue.
Brainiac5

That was a tongue?!

(I feel so very straight now. It's no wonder that the divine Ms. Mayhew will never want me. frown )
*hic*
This is my favorite thread I've ever started!
It's pretty delightful!
Now that the original Power Boy has been officially paired up with another dude, I'm seeing a certain popular LMB smilie in a whole new light...

nod
Is it any coincidence that those Legionnaires seen using the Big Computer to have their little kissing contest are the following:

Element Lad
Light Lass
Shrinking Violet
Invisible Kid

I think not!
And here I always thought these six went and used the Kissing Computer because they had talked about testing their sexuality!
[snip]

Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
[b]
Element Lad
Light Lass
Shrinking Violet
Invisible Kid

I think not!
And here I always thought these six went and used the Kissing Computer because they had talked about testing their sexuality! [/b]
shrug

IB, as long as nobody's delivering Bad Pick-Up Lines to pets anymore, I'm cool with it.
[Linked Image]
Er, uh... I like her adamantium dress...

I tried one on once but my waist-to-hip ratio was alllllll wrong...

Also, why does "Galatea" have the word "sex" scribbled across her right color bone? Didn't anyone explain to the artists that the point of subliminal advertising is for the message to not be readily visible at first viewing?

shake
*hic*
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Thriftshop Debutante
[Linked Image]

Oh 1950s Lois! I don't think it was jealous women Superman didn't like. Rather it was dependent, scheming, whiney, and bitchy women Superman didn't like.
... especially women who kept trying to expose his secret.

Of course, he's kissing Lana, but we all know he's just using super-hypnotism on her to make her forget that he's Clark Kent. "Liking" has nothing to do with it!
Originally Posted by MLLASH
'Cause Lord knows it would take gay rays or an evil, brainwashing computer program to make a sentient find a sentient of the same sex attractive!

This post cracks me up every time I read it!
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
This is my favorite thread I've ever started!

I hope that's still the truth. love
[snip]

Originally Posted by Cobalt Kid
Of course, who knows what Cham qualifies for sexuality-wise. He's got three continuities of sexual aggression to finally get out, ever since his late-Adventure days.

Y'know, re-reading this in light of the Retroboot just makes me sadder about it than I already was. shake

They dressed him up all pretty, it's true, but that was it. I want my money back.
Cham is best when he's being playful-flirty. Reboot Cham had that down perfectly, especially late Reboot (L* 66 comes to mind) and under DNA.

Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
Originally Posted by MLLASH

This post cracks me up every time I read it!

I want to post this on my Facebook wall.
I only own a few of those issues, unfortunately. sigh
© Legion World