Roll Call
0 members (), 26 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 05/01/24 05:05 PM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 1 MAY*
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:51 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 05/01/24 03:50 PM
Would Kid Psycho be cooler...
by Set - 05/01/24 12:17 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:45 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 05/01/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
#109253 12/01/06 02:59 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Before Lard Lad has a chance to fully react, Lard Lord hits him with a powerful blast and sends him flying across Old Town. Only his basic survival instinct erecting a Lardforce shield in time saves him from instant death.

Lard Lord lowers the shield that had protected the woman he calls his wife. He walks toward her almost timidly, amazed that his investigation of Lardforce power being used in this area would lead to this discovery.

"Mo?" he whisperss with a gentleness that belies his gruesome appearance. "Is-is that really you?"

"Yes, Tony," she answers softly while removing her mask, "it's me."

"By the Void...I thought you were dead...that you died when..."

"...when you went on your 'righteous' rampage and turned on the SMB? No, I didn't die, Tony...not that you didn't try. Wish I could say the same about our dear friends, Des and Bill, and the others who didn't make it."

"Mordra...Mo," he says as tears run down his face, "I honestly didn't mean to kill anyone! When the power of the Void swept through me, I-I lost control...I've always, always loved you so much."

And he holds out one of his horribly burnt hands out to her. Sobbing, she begins to reach out with her own hand until...

BOOOOOOM!

Lard Lad slams into him, and the two go barreling through several derelict buildings before landing two blocks away in another one. Bat-Fem is not hit, but the force from the proximity of the impact knocks her unconscious.

"So 'Lard Lord'...shacking up with that harlot, now, are you? Only a whore like her could pretend to like that scarred mug!" Lard Lad yells as he hits his opponent with an upper-cut to the jaw, using Lardforce-enhanced strength.

"My wife is no whore!" Lard Lord shouts and wipes some blood from his chin. Before Lard Lad can make another move, Lard Lord charges his Earth-1 counterpart, and knocks him down into the alley below.

A disturbing smile crosses Lard Lad's mouth as he stands up to face his foe who has 'ported down. "To think I attended your burial..felt sorry for you," he taunts. "But I recognized you from poor Hugh's memories despite how you lost your formerly good looks--your posture, the way you use your power and, especially that rotten aura...same things that helped me I.D. this 'Wyandotte' of yours! Poor Hugh never hurt anybody, but you killed him!"

"Whatever," Lard Lord responds dismissively. As his hands glow purple, he shrieks, "now, TAKE BACK WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT MY WIFE!!!"

"Uh...nope! Still a whore!" Lard Lad laughs.

A moment later, the alley and several nearby buildings erupt into a fiery mushroom cloud.

As the cloud disperses, two figures are lying on the ground,but begin to stir.

"N-nice one <huff>, handsome...th-that the..best you got?" a clearly shaken Lard Lad manages. "R-ready for...Round 2?"

"<gasp> I'm...ready..." Lard Lord replies shakily.

Just as they struggle to their feet, though, a Security cruiser hovers directly above them.

"Cease all hostilities, or we'll fire!" trumpets an amplified voice from the cruiser, just as several more come into view.

"H-HA!" Lard Lad laughs weakly. "Guess they gotcha now, pretty boy!" But as he glances over to look at his foe, he sees that his scarred counterpart is gone. "Aw, sh--!" But he passes out before he can finish his profanity.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#109254 12/01/06 03:02 AM
Active
Active
Old Town. A rooftop two blocks away from the explosion.

Elsewhere, Dru appears in a puff of smoke at the spot where Bat-Fem still lies unconscious. "Wake up!" Dru incants.

Bat-Fem abruptly opens her eyes, and the first thing she sees is, "Dru? You're alive."

Looking into the disoriented woman's eyes, Dru comes to an instant realization. "Yes, I am, last I checked...but I'm not your sister, anymore than you are mine. I knew your aura was wrong, but I had to look in your eyes to be sure. You are Mordra...but not the one from this dimension."

"No," Bat-Fem responds, her disorientation lifting, "I am from the dimension Legion Worlders call 'Earth-4'."

"I'm aware that not all people are the same in other dimensions as their counterparts...but I have to be sure. Will you willingly submit to questioning at our Security Office? You have my word that you'll be treated fairly."

"Yes," Bat-Fem answers with very little hesitation, "I submit."

And the two fly under Dru's power toward the Security detail at the site of the explosion.

#109255 12/02/06 06:34 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Security Office

Antacid Lass - Well guys this is the next stop on our tour of LegionWorld...the security office

Ron Jeremy's Moustache - cool, big place.

Geez Louise - so, what happens here?

Antacid Lass - Well, all the security staff have their offices here, as well as security transports and cruisers. The holding cells are down the wing to the left, and the interogation rooms are 2 floors above that. To the right are the meeting rooms, kitchens, rechalls an such. And Down in the Sub basement is were they keep the forbidden weapons.

Gas Girl gives RJM and GL a knowing look - Forbidden Weapons?

Antacid Lass - Yeah, stuff deemed to powerful to be allowed into general circulation but yet to important to destroy.

Gas Girl - Oh....well how about this Cafe Cramer I keep hearing about?

Antacid Lass - Cafe Cramer? Oh it's a great place, I'll take you all there now.

As the foursome leave, Geez Louise looks back with a devious grin as if memorizing the layout of the building for a future occasion.

#109256 12/06/06 01:25 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Previously in 'Omnia':
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
[b]MEDICUS EIGHT

"Well, that's it. I can't help you. According to all of my scans, there seems to be no medical explanation as to why your powers are malfunctioning. Perhaps it's something psychological..."

"Thanks, Dr. Orbal, but I tend to doubt that. I went through a lot of counseling after arriving in this universe, but my therapist says I'm doing better than ever."

"Still... it must have been rough on you, being the sole survivor of an entire reality..."

"Many worlds died during the Crisis on Infinite Message Boards. Mine was but one of them. I've been able to do a lot of good here for this universe. My team is still together, and functioning better than ever, with a whole slew of new members. Plus, I've got the hottest new boyfriend..."

"Hmm... it does sound like things are going well for you, other than this."

"Yeah. In fact, this is about the most inopportune time for my powers to be malfunctioning. My team doesn't need a leader whose abilities are only at half strength..."

"I... I'm not sure what to say, Captain. I mean... every time you've been in for a checkup before, the giant lightbulb on your head has generated the equivalent glow of an 100-watt bulb every time you have an idea. Now, for no apparent reason, it's down to a mere 52 watts. But it seems to have nicely leveled off. Why could that be?"

"For once, Doctor, I have no idea!"[/b]
United Plants Space – Medicus Eight

“Excuse me boys, but maybe you could lend me a…hand” said what the science police officer believed to be the sexiest female he had ever laid eyes on before. And the way she just spoke to him…he couldn’t help but blush.

“I, er, sure could M’am!” he replied, and led her down the hall personally. She put her arm around his, and he led her through Medicus Eight, giving her a brief tour of the facilities.

She smiled at him and laughed at his jokes (which weren’t funny), and soon she was where she needed to be. After all, she was Space Tart, famous LMBer and the United Planet’s very own bastion of femininity. “Thank you officer,” she said smiling, leaning in to kiss him on the cheek. “It’s always a pleasure being led around by a man in uniform,” she said with a *tee hee* and turned to the room in front of her.

“Do you always get what you want so easy?” said her companion with an air of annoyance.

“Please Freddie, there’s no need to be so grumpy the *whole* time,” she replied to Turns You Into a Country Fred. On her way here she surprised the young man known as TYIC Fred at a local public house known as ‘The Lazy Asteroid’. Traditionally, Fred wasn’t the greatest ally of the LMB, but he had become more friendly in recent years. Still, he was still bitter about his rejection years earlier, both his personality of Clothes Fall Off Fred and the body he inhabited, Turns You Into a Country Kid. But Space Tart said it was a mission of the most dire importance, and to be perfectly honest, TYIC Fred had felt, well, bored for some time. “Ah,” she said to him now, and he couldn’t help but stare at the very short micro-skirt that was just about covering the least bit of skin possible, “here is our good Captain.”

Before them was Captain Lightbulb, [former] leader of the Light Brigade! He looked up, the giant lightbulb on his head buzzing only slightly, and his muscles tensing at seeing his visitors, which showed off well, considering his outfit consistied of his cosmic-speedo. “Space Tart! To what do I owe the pleasure?” he said, being familiar with the LMB for some time.

“Business unfortunately you little he-minx,” she said running her finger nails along his bicep, “and we need your help. Something else else grave is happening and the LMB is spread so thin lately that we might be too late. We only have one chance—if you’re willing to pitch in.”

“I-I’d love to,” said Captain Lightbulb, “but my powers are malfunctioning. I don’t think I’ll much use to you at all.”

“Hey, don’t tell us that man,” said TYIC Fred, “we came all the way out here to get you. You’ve gotta come join us.”

“He’s right Captain,” said Space Tart, now sitting on Captain Lightbulb’s lap, “we need you. I know all about your powers. But things are moving quickly now, and like I said, the LMB is spread so thin that they aren’t even aware of it. So that cute little tush of yours will join us, and as for your powers—I’m sure some idea will pop into your head…” she giggled.

Legion World, Grand Central Space Port

“Well, it looks like we’re back Jailbait Lass,” said Lash Lad, yawning and stretching. “And not a moment too soon. A boy can only sit in space traffic for so long.”

She smiled at him. “Thanks for the ride, Lash,” she said, “and well, for everything. For just being you. I feel…better now. Better than I have in awhile.”

“See what a little *teehee-ing* will do for you?” he smiled, docking the cruiser. She hugged his arm while he did so, and was glad that she spent this time with him. She really hadn’t known him well before, although she of course know who he was—probably the most famous of all of the LMB. But more than that, he was the most beloved of the LMB, and she now realized why. “Our paths will probably cross again soon enough,” he added. “Where are you off too now?”

Jailbait Lass looked at her omni-com, which had a variety of updates from Matlock, Abin Quank and a few others that were directed to Cobalt Kid. “I’m off to find a few new faces here on Legion World. Have you ever heard of them before? Helena Handbasket and Seth Gaterra…”

#109257 12/06/06 04:40 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Greg Evignan Island

“Why I ever let you talk me into coming here…” grumbled the Lonestar Ranger, annoyed at the turn of events.

“Silence Ranger, for you know not what you speak of!” replied Calamity Monkey. “Tamper Lad was no in service and the tone of Nova Girl’s voice suggested he would not be for some time! Still, we must address our concerns over this ‘52’ and I believe our best bet would be here, on Greg Evignan Island.”

“Riiight,” said Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II, “and this has nothing to do with you once being the personal Calamity Monkey of this island’s owner, Eryk Davis Ester? I’m not sure what Eryk will do to help us…” she trailed off, looking around at the cotton fields.

“Perhaps your comments have nothing to do with your recent publicized break-up with the great Eryk Davis Ester?” replied the monkey, but before she could respond, “but it matter not! For here on Greg Evignan Island there are a variety of scientific devices that may be of use to us. I believe the consol of Eryk Davis Ester will be of some use.” With that, Calamity Monkey trailed on towards Eryk Davis Ester’s pavilion.

“Great…” said Lonestar Ranger, rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, great,” whispered KGSR II, “me and my big mouth. For all I know, Dormant Damsel was just having a bad dream…”

Elsewhere

“Now can I get involved?” asked Lucien Lad, bored out of his mind and changing the scenery in ‘Elsewhere’ to reflect a more festive spirit.

“Soon,” replied the Phantom Stranger. “Its all coming together, whether they are ready for it or not…”

#109258 12/06/06 09:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Legion World Medical Center. Emergency Room.

Lard Lad opens his eyes to find himself on a hospital bed.

"Honey?" Dru says noticing he's awakened. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah...yeah, babe. I'm fine. How long've I been out?"

"About an hour."

His eyes widen and he sits up. "Damn! Lard Lord and Mordra--!"

"Bat-Fem's at the Security Office. Lard Lord escaped."

"We've gotta get to the Security Office, Dru! They're in danger over there! Mordra can charm her way out of anyth--"

Dru interrupts him, "honey, it's not my sister."

"Of course it is! I don't know how she survived, but--"

"It's not her, Anthony. I knew it the second I looked in her eyes. That evil bitch who was my sister is dead! This Mordra, she's Earth-4's version, and I think she's nothing like my sister."

"How can you say that? Are you stupid?!? Even if she's not the woman who took my life and raped it, I have a hard time believing that there's a Mordra in the entire multiverse who isn't rotten to the core!"

"I'm no fool, Anthony!" she shouts angrily, making him flinch slightly. "She's in custody being interrogated by Shady as we speak! I'm taking no chances here! But in my gut, I know she's good!"

There is a long pause as both calm down and stare at each other.

"Look," Dru finally says, "I've had prophetic dreams all my life, some of which make no sense to me until the moment they come true. For example, years ago, I had a dream of you and me being together. I rejected it, thinking I was destined to be with Cobalt. But it came true, and I thank the gods for it."

Another pause.

"All my life, I had this insane recurring dream in which Mordra and I fight together side-by-side for the forces of good. Knowing how much I hated her and how both of us fought separately for our own dark purposes, I thought I'd go mad trying to understand it. But here I am, fighting with the LMB and running for their leadership position. And here she is, Earth-4's Mordra, a hero calling herself Bat-Fem, who fights for those who can't fight for themselves. We will fight together, and for my part, I'll be glad to do it!"

Her words hang in the air for a moment. Then he answers, "gods, I hope you're right, Dru. I trust you with my life; now, I'll have to trust your instincts. I love you so much, Dru."

He puts his arms out to her. She steps into them, and they kiss.

"Can we go to the Security Office, now, babe?" he asks as they break the embrace.

"Sure...let's g--"

"Pardon the interruption," Abin Quank says as he enters the room. Emitting from his ring is a makeshift energy construct of a playpen. Inside it is Lil' Matlock.

Lil' Matlock says, "with no further delay, since we now know the identity of the scarred man, we need to know who this Wyandotte fella is!"

#109259 12/07/06 04:05 AM
Active
Active
Inside Legion World's Office of Security, in one of its Interrogation Rooms, the woman known as Bat-Fem, Earth-4's Mordra, has just sat down with Candace Ames,the LMBer called Shady.

"Sweetie," Shady begins, "before we start, I want to assure you that you can trust me completely. I just need to confirm that you're one of the good guys."

"Oh, I do, Candy. Our Shady was one of my best friends before she...died. You're just like her, I can tell. I trust you."

Touched by Mordra's sentiment, Shady squeezes her hand before instructing her, "now, close your eyes, sweetie, so that we may discover...."

The Secret Origin of Bat-Fem!

In the Earth-4 dimension Mordra and Whordru were daughters to its version of Mordru, as were Earth-1's. Mordru was every bit as evil and twisted as one would expect, but their mother, Klea, was kind, and not at all the religious fanatic that this dimension's version was.

When Mordru left them for other pursuits, Klea instilled in her daughters the kind of morality and values that most parents try to achieve. While Dru pursued mastering white magic, Mordra, finding herself ill-suited for magic, was more interested in honing her body into peak physical perfection and her mind to razor-sharpness through the study of various forms of martial arts.

When the two reached their late teens, both decided to seek out the SMB, the news of whose heroic exploits had reached the far corners of the galaxy, to try out for membership. Dru was accepted immediately, but Mordra was rejected because their by-laws forbade inducting members without super-powers.

But Mordra didn't let that keep her down! When the SMB opened a training academy, she was given a teaching position for honing hand-to-hand fighting skills. In a year's time she became the SMB Academy's Director.

But before she achieved that high position, she became acquainted with the noted SMBer called Lard Lad. They fell deeply in love and their wedding in the SMB's first year was the first such among the SMB.

They lived happily in wedded bliss for nearly four years, but all that began to change after the induction of a new SMBer called Dazzle Lass. This woman named Leelee was secretly a follower of the Church of the Eternal Void and had her sights set on Lard Lad, whom many in the Church believed was their messiah. Though she presented her power to the SMB as light amplification and manipulation, it was actually much more extensive to the point where her light could generate tremendous heat and, more importantly, manipulate minds.

She used the latter hidden ability to seduce Lard Lad and condition his mind to the Church's purposes. Under Leelee's influence he left Mordra and started living with her.

While Mordra was devastated, Dru was suspicious and began secretly researching Leelee's background. Dru discovered Leelee's connection to the Church and observed Leelee exerting her power over Lard Lad. Impulsively, Dru confronted Leelee but the latter murdered her with the use of the full extent of her power. Leelee then covered up what happened and convinced the SMB that one of their enemies was responsible.

For a while, this ruse worked and bought Leelee more time to condition Lard Lad for her purposes. But that world's Cobalt Kid and Loser Lad (the latter having been Dru's fiance) pieced together what Dru had been investigating and rallied the SMB with Mordra to confront Leelee at her and Lard Lad's apartment.

But Leelee saw what was happening and initated her plan's final stage. Performing a Church ritual, she transferred all her light into Lard Lad, killing her in the process.

Lard Lad became engorged with power and was consumed by madness. He went on a rampage and immediately killed Cobalt and Loser who were leading the assault and decimated the rest of the attacking force. Mordra was buried under some rubble and was presumed dead.

When he finally came down from his power high, Lard Lad grieved over what he'd wrought, especially since he believed he'd killed Mordra. Seeing he could never go back to the SMB and guided by his implanted beliefs, he went off for parts unknown to immerse himself in the Church.

After a week buried under rubble, Mordra managed to scrape her way out. Her life ripped to pieces, she chose not to return to the SMB, nor to even let them know she'd survived. Instead, she chose to track down her husband and either save him or, if necessary, take him down.

Her search eventually brought her to the stronghold of a group of villains led by the Trumpeter. Her husband, she discovered, had joined this alliance as 'Lard Lord'. She got there just as Lard Lord and several of the others were going through a portal to another Earth through the SMB's Faraway Lad, who was their captive.

Getting Faraway Lad's attention, he discreetly helped her get through the portal unbeknownst to any of the villains. On this 'Earth-1', she witnessed a huge battle between her husband and this world's Cobalt Kid and Loser Lad, among others. Before she's able to intervene, Mordra witnesses her husband's apparent murder by a powerful energy beam sent from his supposed allies via another portal created by her world's captured Faraway Lad. She would later find out that her universe's Thora fired the beam to exact revenge for her lover Cobalt Kid's death.

Now grieving and believing there was nothing left for her on Earth-4, Mordra chose not to reveal herself to the LMB or SMB and instead find a new start for herself on this strange new Legion World. She soon found that she would have to to guard her identity carefully here. This universe's Mordra was high on the list of the LMB's Most Wanted, and deservedly so.

She created the identity of Chloe Lane and built herself a career in journalism at the Legion World Herald, winning many distinguished awards in less than two years.

But when Legion World suffered major disarray after the Invasion by the Dark Oval (which, ironically, had as its catalyst the murder of her Earth-1 universe counterpart by its version of Lard Lad), Mordra felt a calling within her to fight for the innocents in a particularly devastated sector of it known as Old Town. Knowing she'd still have to hide her identity, she became a vigilante and chose to honor the name and costumed motif of a legendary hero on Earth-4 called Batwoman who fought crime a millenium ago.

Dubbing herself 'Bat-Fem' and using her extensive knowledge of the martial arts (along with some cool gadgets), Mordra did everything she could to make a difference for the better in Old Town.

--------------------

Breaking contact, and satisfied with her findings, Shady gave PolarBoy a 'thumbs-up' and embraced her new friend.

"Oh, you poor dear," Shady said and teared up as the two maintained the embrace for quite a while.

#109260 12/07/06 02:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Combat Simulation Chamber, LMBP Academy

[Bob the Cat]: You're not trying, Princess.

< Spellbinder looked through narrowed eyes at the cat, sitting atop one of the training robots that were currently standing motionless around the room. She absently tucked a loose strand of hair back behind her ear. >

[Spellbinder]: I am trying, Cat. This isn't as easy as it looks.

[Bob the Cat]: Rubbish. I could do this with one paw tied behind my back. There are 12 battle droids in the room. They are trying to subdue you, either with pulse beams or detention cables. All you need to do is avoid them long enough to touch me, and the session is over.

[Spellbinder (glowering at the cat)]: Yes, dear, I managed to get all that the last four times you explained it to me.

[Bob the Cat]: Well, then, maybe 5 will be the lucky number and you'll get the hang of it this time.

< Spellbinder clenched her fists as the cat leaped down to the floor and began circling the room. >

[Bob the Cat]: Let's try this again, boys.

< In the control room above them, Maxx and Mykel sat up straight enough to show that they had heard, and then quickly slouched down to prevent Crujectra from seeing them through the viewport. It was going to start getting very ugly, very soon. >

[Bob the Cat]: Go!

< Suddenly the droids sprung to life, lumbering forward with pulse cannons blazing. Spellbinder reached out with her telekinesis, grabbing debris and paraphernalia from around the room to fling into the cannons' path, all the while looking for the cat. >

< She saw Bob, darting behind one of the battle droids, and she moved forward to follow him. Her movement was stopped as a detention coil wormed its way around her waist, and she was forced to stop and deal with it. >

[Bob the Cat]: C'mon, Princess... pretend you're at a sale and I'm some hot new outfit that just perfect for you, but someone else is reaching for me.

< Scowling, Spellbinder loosened the coil from around her and rose up into the air, only to find herself in the path of a pulse cannon. The concussive force of the blast knocked her to the ground. >

[Bob the Cat]: Pathetic, Precious. My grandmother could have seen that coming. Are you sure you've done this before?

[Spellbinder (thinking)]: All right... enough is enough!

< Standing up, Spellbinder gathered her will, and with a single thrust released it. A wave of psionic force exploded outward from the slim form of the Psyonian Princess, slamming into everything in it's wake. Battle droids, debris, paraphernalia and cat were all hurled backward into the walls of the chamber. The resulting impact shook the entire Academy building. >

< Tucking the loose strand behind her ear again, Spellbinder walked purposefully across the room. She smirked as she stopped before the stunned cat, who like everything else in the room was held immobile by Crujectra's power. Reaching out with one hand, she not-so-gently patted the feline's cheek. >

[Spellbinder]: I trust that this session is now over, correct?

< Taking the muffled sound coming from the cat as an affirmative, the proud princess turned and walked toward the exit, simultaneously releasing her hold on her captives. Everything quite suddenly fell to the floor with a loud crash and an annoyed yowl. >

[Spellbinder (stopping before the exit)]: Oh, and Bob? Call me "Precious" again and I'll be wearing cat ball earrings.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#109261 12/08/06 06:50 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Security Office - Later that night

Three figures creep up the steps and in the front door. They pause for a moment. The one in green lifts her leg and a noxious sigh is heard.

Gas Lass - There, that should short out the security cameras.

Ron Jeremy's Moustache - Pheww!! Its shorted out my nose for sure!!

Geez Louise - Silence! Quickly this way and down the stairs.

The threesome quickly head to the steps and down to the sub-basement. They come to a heavily secured door. RJM tries to open the door but it won't budge.
A female computer voice activates - "Access Denied. Please try again or come back later with proper security clearance"

RJM - A girl computer eh? I wonder if my power will work on it.....

with that RJM wriggles his upper lip and sticks out his tongue. The computer sighs and moans then opens the door

Geez Louise - Good work RJM. Now lets get what we came for.

They enter the room and spend a few moments looking around. From the deepest, darkest corner of the room a cry comes out - "I've found it!!!"

Gas Lass comes out of the corner holding a small translucent box filled with translucent machinery.

RJM - The Mini-Miracle Machine...the Black Sun will pay us handsomely for this.

"I'd put that back if I were you"

The trio whirl towards the doorway to discover Dedman standing in the entrance.

Dedman - I don't know what the sp...sp...spit you three are doing here but you're all fr...fr...freaked out now. What the he..he..heck, I can't swear!!!!

Geez Louise - That would be me. Take him Gas Lass!!!!

BBBRRRAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

A cloud of poisonious gas envelops Dedman who falls to the floor in a heap. As the skin starts peeling from his body the three step past him and out the door.

#109262 12/21/06 01:49 AM
Leader
Leader
[Linked Image]

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
#109263 12/21/06 03:07 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Legion World Medical Center. Emergency Room.

Lard Lad's eyes glaze over momentarily as he comprehends Lil' Matlock's words. In all the excitement he'd forgotten about his discovery.

"Well?" Matty probes again impatiently as he stands in Abin's makeshift playpen. "Who is this Wyandotte? We need to know!"

His face looking haunted, Lardy says, "he's one of the scariest men I've ever met. He's...me."

"Huh?" Abin, Matty and Dru react comically, as one in their dumbfoundedness.

Lardy sees their confusion and corrects himself. "Well, he's not really me, but he's a version of me from an alternate universe."

"Like Lard Lord?" Abin presses.

"Yeah, but his dimension hasn't been charted by us yet."

"When did you encounter Wyandotte?" Matty asks.

"Back in...yeah, year two of the LMB. During the first of Cobalt Kid's long absences, back when we were still based in Metropolis, me, Far, Loser, Dev-Em and one or two others were in the Hootchie Hut and explored the backrooms. For whatever reason, the rooms lead to other Hootchie Huts of other dimensions that night, though they haven't before or since. Through each doorway we found an alternate version of me. And each version of me--get this--was evil! Can you believe it?"

As he utters that last sentence, Lardy lets out a big, hardy laugh. Strangely, the other three, including Dru, suddenly look a little nervous and uncomfortable. Matty and Dru finally manage a half smile to humor him, but Abin's face shows only concern.

"Anyhow, there were, like, five of them. Loser came up with nicknames for them, like Lounge Lizard Lardy, Gay Disco Lardy, Punisher Lardy...but one of them was really scary..."

"Wyandotte?" Dru finished for him.

"Yeah, he didn't call himself that, but it was the same man who's aura I read from Hugh's memories, definitely. After I figured out who he was from those memories, I realised that the full name he goes by, Harold Ryan Wyandotte, is a perfect anagram of my full name: Anthony Edward Taylor. Either it was his way of being clever, or in that dimension that's really his name. For whatever reason, I tend to think it is his name--probably because it doesn't seem his style to use pseudonyms."

"What scared you so much about him, Anthony?" Dru asks, her curiosity needing to be sated.

The haunted look returns to his eyes. "His Hootchie Hut...it was filled with bodies, many...cut to shreds. He...murdered the whole staff of that Hootchie Hut. Even worse, he'd done so without benefit of the Lardforce. I sensed no connection between him and It at all."

"He was powerless?" prompts Abin.

"No, he wasn't powerless, not at all. It was his mind--I think he had some way of controlling people, like with hypnosis. He used it to subdue all of us. He...was going to kill us, but...."

"But what?" Matty presses.

"I...I don't know what happened next. It's like...it's like, all of us felt satisfied we'd won the day, but I can't remember how it ended for the life of me. It's like there was no ending! Hell, I'll bet if you asked Far, or any of the others who were there, they won't remember either! I...I never thought about it 'til now--bet the others haven't either."

Matty searches his Omnicom. "Hmmm...this must be this "Origin of the Hootchie Hut" *** Cobalt mentions briefly in his History files. He has even fewer details about this adventure than you do, Lardy. Do you think Wyandotte put a hypnotic whammy on all of you?"

"Yes," Lardy ponders, "yes, I think he did....probably to cover his tracks while he entered our universe to do Gods knows what!"

Abin remarks, "certainly fits the profile of this Wyandotte. Imagine a serial killer refocussing his talents toward manipulation and subterfuge."

"Exactly!" Lard Lad exclaims. "Loser dubbed him 'Serial Killer Lardy'! I remember that, now!"

"Now..." Matty says, "we need to find him before he can do any more harm. Any suggestions, Lardy?"

"Yeah," Lardy responds, a look of grim determination now dominating his features. "He's working with Lard Lord." Closing his eyes, Lard Lad's head jerks slightly. "I can sense Lard Lord on Legion World still." He reopens his eyes. "I can take us to him. We find him...we'll find Wyandotte!"

<span style="font-size: 10px;">***scroll down to the fifth post on this linked page to see the entry referred to.</span>

#109264 12/21/06 12:39 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Old Town. Wyandotte's Secret HQ.

Wyandotte strokes his beard as he contemplates the vid screen. "Hmmm...so much for that. I'd hoped to remain here a bit longer, but they're hot on my trail, now. It was a close enough call when Bat-Fem was staking out my lair. Luckily, the battle between Lard Lad and Ord took her out of play. Though when the building my lair is located within collapsed during their battle, I was thankful for the extra reinforcement I'd built into the lair's structure. In any case it's time to go."

Manipulating the keys on his board, Wyandotte downloads all of his files into a small chip which he places under a hidden fold of skin in his arm. Afterwards, a blue energy crackles over the huge display, wiping it clean of any usefulness at all.

"Wyandotte!" barks a voice from behind him.

Smiling, Wyandotte says before he turns around, "Ord, old friend!"

"There's no need to call me that anymore. 'Ord Drall' as an anagram for 'Lard Lord' isn't going to fool anyone anymore!"

"Ah, yes," Wyandotte contemplates wistfully, "it was a bit of fun on my part to make your cover name an anagram while mine is an anagram of yours and Lard Lad's name coincedentally by birth! So...what brings you here...'Lard Lord'?"

"Surely, you know?" responds a bruised and battered Lard Lord. "I'm revealed, Wyandotte! I know that one such as you couldn't have missed the events that caused your building to collapse?"

"Yes, of course! And you've done exactly what they wanted you to do by coming straight to me after licking your wounds! This world's Lard Lad can track your Lardforce energy, you fool!"

"But...my wife...she's alive!"

"So she is. But the two of you are fundamentally at odds in case you've forgotten!"

Lard Lord rubs his temples. "I don't know, Wyandotte. I'd do anything for her..."

Scowling, Wyandotte walks up to Lard Lord and slaps him hard across the face. "Fool! My personal plans are ruined because of you! I was going to manipulate Hummer Lass into killing Lard Lad and Dru before their wedding, so that I could take Lard Lad's place--a ruse I could've pulled off with what's in this canister!" He gestures toward the mysterious canister, the contents of which Lard Lord acquired for him. "Can you imagine what I could have accomplished here if everyone thought I was him, especially with the status he'd gained post-Invasion? In return I helped you and your Black Sun movement's agenda..."

"We're NOT Black Sun!"

"Whatever. And I lead you to HUGEMANBREASTS so you could drain his power to replenish your own. But you helped him in return and let him walk the streets of Legion World! His murder lead to all of this falling apart!"

"Hey!" Lard Lord screams. "You're the one who programmed her to want to murder someone she thought was an imposter! That's NOT MY FAULT!"

"Sure it is! At the time Lard Lad was offplanet! If you'd killed HUGEMANBREASTS quietly, or at least kept him under wraps, my plan wouldn't have fallen apart! Luckily, for me, this whole Lard Lad business was a secondary plan I came up with. My primary agendas have always been about information gathering and Earth-4!"

"Earth-4? My Earth? What--?"

Suddenly, the proximity alarm goes off, startling Lard Lord. Wyandotte seems unmoved.

"That's my cue," Wyandotte says grinning as he picks up the canister. Speaking into a handheld comlink, he says, "activate transmatter beam if you will, my Insect Queen."

"Where the hell are you going?!" Lard Lord shouts.

"Away," Wyandotte responds as his person begins to shimmer. "Consider this the dissolution of our partnership."

"Noooo!" Lard Lord screams as he fires a force blast at his erstwhile ally. The blast passes right through Wyandotte's faded visage, a satisfied smirk on his face. "No, dammit!"

"Ahem."

Lard Lord whirls to see this world's version of him smiling back.

Lard Lad says, "I believe you owe me a Round Two?"

#109265 12/21/06 03:15 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Seth Gaterra:
[b]Inside the old Ice Cream Parlol
The place was silent, but the footprints in the dust made it clear that someone had been through here. Seth followed the trail; at its end was Helena standing stock-still before a desk. "Helena?!" he asked, as he moved forward to check on her. Past her, Seth spotted a boxlike machine topped with a large glowing sphere; then the sphere flashed and...

Seth blinked, trying to focus his eyelets. <<Even if you're on leave, that's no excuse not to train!>> said someone before him; a male voice, strong and familiar... Another couple of blinks, and the figure came into focus. He was yellow-skinned, with a salt-and pepper crewcut; the left eye was faceted blue, but the right was a silver sphere in the midst of burn scars that covered that quarter of his face. The outfit was a simple gray sweatsuit, appropriate for the small gym they were in.

<<Father..?!>> Seth asked, starting to step forward -- then he halted. In his mind, he heard the fearful screeches of his crystal children... but he couldn't see them on his body. Seth shook his head rapidly. <<No, father... you're dead; I watched you die! I watched the world die -- time after time! And I couldn't ever stop it from happening! No-one ever listened!>> A red haze swam before Seth's eyelets as he snarled, <<How dare you -- you damned mindtapper! HOW DARE YOU?!>> Seth's now-glowing right hand lashed out at the image of his father; he felt the contact as his hand slammed onto something hard and flat, then felt it shatter under his palm...

And Seth was left standing in the office -- the few remaining bits of the desk scattered on the floor. Behind him, he heard a thud; turning, he saw that Helena had collapsed to the floor, stunned. The crystal children's coos of concern helped bring Seth down from his rage; he'd forgotten that he had been here to help Helena. Concern on his face, he moved to her right side and knelt down to check on her; his left arm supporting her shoulders to lift her up from the floor. "Helena? Helena... speak to me?"[/b]
Legion World, Outside the Old Ice Cream Parlol

*Cough, cough*

Helena Handbasket cleared out her lungs and let her eyes come back into focus. Whoever had attacked her in the Ice Cream Parlol had gotten away by now, she was sure, but not before attacking her mind. That alone was enough to get her angry. “Seth?” she said to the person next to her.

“I’m here Helena, and I’m glad you’re alright,” he replied, “though I have no idea what attacked us. I destroyed it, whatever was used to jar our memories like that.”

“Well, I’m not sure what it was, but I’m fairly certain who is playing games with us here. The Black Sun. I heard you cry out to your father in your delusions, and I also saw my own parents…”

“I…yes, I did,” said Seth, wishing that Helena had not seen him ‘seeing’ his father in the delusions, “its what made me realize it was only a hallucination. But how do you know it’s the Black Sun?”

“Because that’s part of their recruitment process when they get kids to join. They make you relate to them like you would your parents. They try to make you think of the Black Sun as filling a hole that your parents created or the loss of your parents created. I never approved…” she said, letting her sentence drift, as the guilt that haunted her because of the Invasion now came back to her like a wave.

“No, it is not the Black Sun,” said a voice, and Seth and Helena turned to see a young girl walking towards them. She was very young, with pretty black hair with a white stripe down the front, and she had on a black trenchcoat. “It’s related to the Black Sun, but its something different.”

“Who are you?” said Seth Gaterra defensively. He did not know many on Legion World, but he had seen enough strangeness lately, and especially tonight, to know that enemies were coming out of the woodwork. He power emanating from his hands was a quiet but potent reminder that he would tolerate no more.

“The LMB call me Jailbait Lass,” replied Lolita, as the wind blew against her back and she gripped the jacket tighter.

"Jailbait Lass? Who…? Wait, don't you work for Cobalt Kid?" said Helena, glad that her sharp memory came back to her.

"Yes, I do. And he sent me here most urgently to stop this--and I'm going to need both of your help.”

"Hm... Dr. Mayavale isn\'t so crazy after all... " thought Helena, “Ggrrgg has come to me.” She turned to Seth and Jailbait Lass. “You need to tell what you know,” said Helena, “and I think I can help. But strange things are happening tonight, and I can’t help but feel things are building to an explosive conclusion.”

“Its not the Black Sun,” said Jailbait Lass, “Cobie and I confirmed that. But it has something to do with them, that we know. Something else else to do with Black Sun members here on Legion World acting without official consent. A smaller off-shoot or something. Caracalla said none on Legion World were acting on his orders, but if something awful were to happen here he wouldn’t weep. But some group is planning something big here…and it involves an off-shoot of the Black Sun. It also most likely has extra mercenaries and villains working with them, who do not subscribe to their religion, which would explain the early appearance by Madrox the Multiple Durlan. This is an alliance to bring down Legion World and the LMB.”

“I’m sorry,” said Seth, “but I have no idea what any of that means. It will take me quite awhile to get used to this universe’s worldscape.”

“I think I do,” said Helena suddenly. “The group here on Legion World…the off-shoot of the Black Sun. Its The Church of the Eternal Void. And whether there here by their lonesome or working with some larger group of enemies, that means we’re in trouble.”

#109266 12/22/06 03:11 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Old Town. Wyandotte's (now, not-so) Secret HQ.

"But before we start, you filth," Lard Lad continues, "where's the brains of this operation...where's Wyandotte?"

Grimly, Lard Lord replies, "you just missed him. He 'beamed up' to parts unknown. Seems he had little use for me. Now, where's my wife? If you've harmed her, I'll--!"

Lard Lad cuts him short. "She's safe from you, you murderer, don't you worry! It's time, now, for you to answer for the death of my 'brother' Hugh!"

Lard Lord yells, "I didn't kill him, you idiot! That whore killed him after Wyandotte drove her crazy! I...tried to help him. There was a version of him on my world. He died long ago in an accident. I gave your Hugh what he wanted so desperately...to be more like you."

"And in return, you drained all his power for yourself, left him defenseless against Pru's attack!" Lard Lad cries.

"Enough! Where's my wife?!? Bring her to me NOW!"

"Sure! I'll bring her to see your dead body!" Lard Lad mocks. "Together, we'll have a toast to celebrate! HA!"

Anger flows through Lard Lord as he draws his sword from its sheath on his back and charges his opposite number, its blade glowing with the purple fire of Lardforce energy.

"Ah!" Lard Lad laughs, "wanna fight like men this time, eh?" And he draws his own sword with gunslinger-like speed, lights it aglow with its own purple Lardforce, then stands his ground and deflects Lard Lord's blade with such tremendous force that Lard Lord stumbles backwards to the ground. "Get up, 'Lordy'! Don't make this too easy for me!"

Lard Lord gets his bearings, then shakily stands, his blade held up defensively.

"You know?" Lardy taunts. "You make me sick! You're me in almost every way, and look what you made of yourself--you're a thug and a murderer...pathetic! When you were thought dead, I found out about some of the things you did. I went back as far as when you killed your two best friends...your Earth's Cobalt Kid and Loser Lad. I couldn't believe it! I'd never turn against my friends--NEVER! You not only did that, but you killed them? Unbelievable! What kind of sorry excuse for a Lard Lad are you, huh?"

"Shut UP!" screams Lard Lord. "You have absolutely no right to judge me! Wyandotte showed me evidence that you've murdered in cold blood, you hypocrite! You murdered your dimension's Mordra and that Damyen Hrykos! And what you did to help bail out your Legion World from the Invasion? Unconscionable! More and more, 'Lard Lad', I see that you and I are not so different! Perhaps you're even worse than I am--I was perfectly good until that Leelee harlot started brainwash--"

"How DARE you bring Leelee's name into this!" Lard Lad shrieks. And this time it's Lard Lad who charges. Though Lard Lord is in a more weakened state because he'd had no medical care after their first battle, egging his opponent into a mindless rage has evened the odds as Lard Lad's attacks are now sloppy.

------

Elsewhere, all available Security Officers and support troops form a large, several-block perimeter around the scene of the engagement.

Lil' Matlock mans the command post accompanied by Abin Quank. "Maybe we should go ahead and move in, Abin?" Matty says.

"No, Matty, you told Lardy we'd give him a half hour. It's a matter of honor for him. I'm monitoring the fight's progress with my ring--it'll let me know if we need to move in before that time runs out."

"What about the buffers? Are they in place?"

"Yeah, Matty, Lard Lord won't be able to teleport out of our perimeter...but neither will Lardy."

Showing obvious concern, even on his infantile features, Matty asks him, "how much longer?"

Abin's answer doesn't come immediately. He's distracted as his ring silently alerts him to a breach into the perimeter. Identifying the culprit, Abin decides to let the intruder proceed for reasons unknown. Then he answers the Security Chief nonchalantly, "oh, about 15 more minutes."

------

The fight continues to go Lard Lord's way as his opponent begins to exhaust himself trying to bash his way through his defenses. As Lard Lad stops to gasp for breath, Lard Lord presses with his own offensive. With a mighty blow, he forces Lard Lad's sword from his grasp, and it goes flying across the room. Then, Lard Lord goes for a sweeping slash toward Lard Lad's torso. Lard Lad jumps backwards to avoid the blow, then trips on some debris, falls and lands on his back.

Lard Lord stands above him, sword pointed down. Lard Lad is cornered with a wall directly behind him.

"I'm about to do your universe a favor, 'Lardy'," Lard Lord says grimly. "Killing you now will spare it from what will someday be an evil that would eclipse anything it's ever seen...one that would make me seem rather tame by comparison. My threat is ended...all I want to do now is be with my wife. But this I do as my last violent, but ultimately righteous, act. Farewell, my dark reflection."

And with that last sentence, Lard Lord delivers a blow intended for Lard Lad's head. But it hits the floor instead. Lard Lad has dissappeared.

"What?!? Where--?!?!" Lard Lord exclaims just before he's kicked in the back of the head. Dazed, he falls forward to the ground and feels someone's foot turn him over. The foot is now pressing on his ribcage, and Lard Lord dizzily makes out the features of his opposite number.

"Gotcha!" Lard Lad mocks.

"H-how?" Lard Lord stammers. "E-earlier, I c-could feel some kind of sp-spatial buffer field keeping me f-from teleporting. Sh-should have same ef-effect on you."

"'Should have' is true, Lordy," Lard Lad grins, "but I'm more powerful than you...more powerful than my fellow Officers know! But my allotted time's almost up, Lordy, so..." And his right hand crackles with the purple energy. "This is for HUGH, you bast--!"

"NOOOO! STOP!"

As Lard Lad turns to see who's screaming, Lard Lord already knows. "Mordra," he manages.

"Why?" Lard Lad says with indignance. "Why should I spare this low-life?"

"Because," Bat-Fem pleads, "he can help us find Wyandotte and make sense of all this crap going on around Legion World. And," she adds, her voice softening, "I love him."

As he looks in her eyes, at her expression, he sees what Dru was talking about. Though she looks exactly like the woman who ruined his life, this Mordra is nothing like the one from this universe. The woman he killed knew nothing of love and selflessness. This Mordra does, and he sees echos of the woman he first loved, and still loves to this day...his Leelee. All of that, just from her eyes.

He turns to the helpless, hideously scarred man wedged below his foot and sees tears leak over the man's charred eyelids. Lard Lad asks the man, who suddenly seems less the monster, "will you willingly submit to arrest?"

"Yes...yes, I will," Lard Lord whispers in response.

Within moments the Security detail arrives to take their prisoner into custody and secure the scene. Bat-Fem is allowed to accompany him in the armored prisoner shuttle.

Lard Lad stays at the scene contemplating everything he just went through, but mostly his own actions. Hadn't he gotten past his lust for vengeance? Hadn't he found inner peace? Suddenly, he's not so sure Lard Lord was entirely wrong in his assessment--and it scares him.

His mind is eased somewhat as Dru arrives and embraces him, but his doubts stay with him, nonetheless.

#109267 12/22/06 09:43 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Legion World – the Secret Gorilla Tribe of the Legion World Jungles

“You move fast Space Tart,” said Turns You into a Country Fred

She giggled, “you don’t know the half of it,” adding in a naughty smile.

“Well,” he replied a bit flustered, “we’re already back in LW space and now we’ve completely passed by Legionnopolis to Rao knows where?”

“I wish I could figure it out,” said Captain Lightbulb, “but frankly, I have the faintest idea.”

“Don’t be so dim,” said Space Tart, “look right over there! A giant statue of Middlefinger II, aka Large Handsome, right smack dab in the middle of the jungle. Surely you’ve heard Eryk Davis Ester and Cobalt Kid go on and on and on and on and on about how funny it is that the secret gorilla tribe lives in the statue of Large Handsome that fell into the jungles when the LMB moved here. I’ve never really found it that funny.”

The trio quickly pulled in to the secret gorilla tribe’s jungle dock, using the passwords only given to LMBers (Space Tart being the only one of the three that is an actual LMBer). “And now for our mystery last pick-up?” said Turns You Into a Country Fred.

“And I’m fast?” tee-heed Space Tart, as the Captain moved forward.

“HALT!” said a booming voice suddenly, as Captain Lightbulb looked up to see the Gorilla Sentry’s aiming their electricity spraying spears at them above the giant wooden doors into the bottom of the statue. “State your names and intentions, or be blasted where you stand!” said the sentry.

“Hmph!” said Space Tart, “some manners to treat guests!”

“She’s right,” said Captain Lightbulb, “what’s the bright idea?”

“They are right my friends,” said a gorilla jumping down to them. “For I am M’Baku, traveler of the Gorilla Tribes of Legion World! And I know LMBers and their allies when I see them! Let them pass, for they must have dire tiding indeed, most likely relating to the recent cosmic disturbances felt around Legion World these past few weeks. Though the gorilla tribes pride themselves on their warrior society, I, M’Baku the traveler, am a scientist here and perhaps my super gorilla science may help?!” he finished grasping Turns You Into a Country Fred and Captain Lightbulb in a tight gorilla-hug.

“Er…okay…” said Fred

“This gorilla hair will never get out of my speedo…” said Captain Lightbulb.

Later…
“It is as I feared,” said M’Baku. The Crisis of two year’s ago is still being felt and the universe is at its weakest. Even now I can see how those who would destroy Legion World would like to exploit those weaknesses to do so. You say you have a plan Space Tart?”

“Well, sorta, but Cobie wasn’t too keen on *all* the details. But Eryk will have some ideas,” she added, swooshing her hair in the jungle winds for no reason at all.

“In other words, bring along those gadgets boys, and let’s make way for some explanation at last…and to Greg Evignan Island!”.

#109268 12/22/06 10:13 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Lard Lad's Penthouse Apartment. Legionnopolis.

Hours after the battle in Old Town.

Dru lies awake in her and her fiance's bed. She strokes his sleeping head lovingly but can't sleep herself.

He's resting comfortably, now, she thinks. He doesn't know I cast the Peaceful Sleep spell on him. His mind's been in such turmoil since we got back that I had to do something for him, however small. Hells, I'd use it on myself if that were possible.

She slides out of bed, slips on her robe and looks again at her Omnicom.

He doesn't know I lost the election, yet. By a landslide apparently. Kid Marvel and Rockhopper Lad are the new leader and deputy. I tried every tactic I could think of, but I was only a blip on the radar.

She puts the Omnicom down.

I figured this was the best thing for both me and Anthony, as well as a chance to be active on the galactic political landscape again. I just can't stand by politically powerless while the galaxy's in turmoil, especially with Caracalla in the picture.

She picks up her Omnicom and rereads the official message she received right before the LMB leader election started its campaign phase.

There's no choice, now, really. I'm going to have to accept this offer. But will Anthony leave his beloved Legion World to be with me?

Soon Dru snuggles back into bed with her lover, but she has a long, sleepless night ahead.

#109269 12/22/06 10:44 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Greg Evignan Island

“Greetings Shark Lad!” said Liberty Monkey, as he entered the main Pavilion, which housed a healthy den for recreation, a beautiful patio for reflection, and an extravagant scientific lab for continuing discovery of scientific principles.

Shark Lad grumbled at him. His mental wounds were still too fresh from the War with the Dark Oval and he did not want to mince words with the monkey—especially since it looked so delicious.

KGSR II and Lonestar Ranger followed. “Will we ever actually see Eryk Davis Ester?” said the Ranger. “I mean, jeez, we’ve been walking around for hours.”

“I’m afraid you probably will not,” said the man known as Soho, “he is a little uncomfortable around our fearsome friend,” he whispered then to Liberty Monkey. “I’m Soho,” he added.

“Ah, his intense fear of sharks…” replied Liberty Monkey, “…greetings Soho. You must be a new addition here.” Soho nodded.

Suddenly, the skies above them erupted in a calamity of lights as it looked like the stars were falling down upon them! Quickly, it disappeared. Shark Lad let out an awful growl, while the Ranger pulled his weapon.

KGSR II jumped back in surprise, landing right into the arms of—“Jeepers!” said EDE, realizing he just walked into a room full of people he knew from Legionnopolis. “That, er, was sure some Calamity in the skies—great irony!”

“It’s been happening all over Legion World,” said Liberty Monkey, “and greetings my friend!”

“Oh, ENOUGH ALREADY!” said a voice, and all turned to see a majesty of lights and colors, as if an angel had come down to visit them. They quickly faded away and they all saw a very annoyed Lucien Lad before them. “These introductions are booo-ring me to tears! Everyone, a crisis is at hand, etc., etc., and its time to get some answers. EDE, take me to whatever room is most fitting for scientific do-das, long explanatory narratives and looking fabulous.”

“Er, sure thing!” said EDE, motioning to his retired army officers to bring them there.

“You can let go now Eryk,” said Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II, as she was still in his arms. He turned a little red.

Lucien Lad led them down the hall, and as he walked, little snowflakes began to rain down on them all. Lonestar Ranger looked at Liberty Monkey wondering what that was all about, but Liberty Monkey just shrugged.

“The universe is in peril,” said Lucien Lad, “and although Legion World has all these enemies on it right now, there is one big enemy that is about to join the battle, which means you all need to get it together and be ready.”

---------------------

Legion World, Elsewhere

Faraway Lad took a break from helping the citizens of Legion World deal with the various disturbances occurring, as he sipped some port and tried to figure out why these disturbances were making his powers feel…well, funny. As if his ability to travel to faraway places in the time/space continuum were itching. He sipped his port and turned, to see The Phantom Stranger beside him. Faraway Lad simply smiled, no longer startled by such things. ‘What brings you here, old friend?’

“The usual. The universe, and Legion World, are in grave danger, and the time has now come to act. Will you follow me again, my friend, and attempt to stop this? Our path will diverge from your fellows and you will not be able to help them, but I can give you a look into an alternate way of defeating the universe. The time has come for explanation and for secret planning of our own.”

“Of course,” said Faraway Lad, “let me finish my part and I will be right with you.”

----------------------

Greg Evignan Island

As they all sat around a large table, while Eryk Davis Ester’s scientists gathered around their equipment. Lucien Lad turned toward the doorway, as if expecting a visitor.

“Well,” said Lonestar Ranger, getting impatient. He was still very new to Legion World and had not been accepted by the LMB, so he was unaware of how these things usually proceeded. “What’s happening and how do we stop it?” Lucien Lad gave no answer. KGSR II gave EDE a dirty look and he looked away. Liberty Monkey ate a banana. “Ahem?” repeated the Lonestar Ranger. “Is the universe going to explode? Implode?” Lucien Lad still looked at the door, although he checked out his nails for a brief second. “Well?!” said Lonestar Ranger. “Who is our enemey?!” his voice growing louder.

Suddenly, Space Tart, Captain Lightbulb, Turns You Into a Country Fred and M’Baku entered through the door! All looked like they were about to speak, but it was M’Baku’s growling voice that spoke up. “Our enemy, my friends, is of great power and a dire threat to this world! He is known other than---!”

Sol Invictus,” said another voice, and they all turned to see The Phantom Stranger and Faraway Lad. “The deity himself is returning, and he is going to wipe us all out of existence.”

#109270 12/22/06 10:50 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
The Streets of Legion World

“Look out!” yells Kent Shakespeare, as he dives across the street and pulls a kid out of the way from falling debris. “People, you must clear the streets! Time and space are screwed up—AGAIN! These other-Earth distortions continue to worsen, and we’re none the wiser…”

Helena Handbasket, Seth Gaterra and Jailbait Lass run past him, around the corner. “Shouldn’t we tell Kent Shakespeare?” asked Seth, knowing full well that the LMB Deputy leader would be useful right now.

“No time,” answered Helena. “We’ve got to find the Church of the Eternal Void, and we need to do it fast. Something else else is happening here…”

“The 52,” said Jailbait Lass. “It has two meanings. One, I’m not so sure on yet. The other, is the conspirators on Legion World. Its an alliance…the Church of the Eternal Void, an off-shoot of the Black Sun, and a gathering of the LMB’s enemies. They’re putting something into motion tonight.” The three run around the corner, following Helena’s lead, as she now turns it into a full sprint. “Whatever it is,” says Jailbait Lass, “It has something to do with these other-Earth distortions. We need to find out what…”

Suddenly, they stopped. There, in front of them, was The Evil Genius Supper Club. “Wha--? Why here?” said Jailbait Lass. “There are picket lines by the Taltarian women everywhere. We’ll never get in.”

“I know,” said Helena. “But you’ve been off-planet Jailbait Lass. For weeks now Tamper Lad and Nova Girl have been at odds with one another, though many have thought it was the natural bickering of two longtime friends. It wasn’t until the arrival of Nova Girl’s mother, Veronica, that someone could be clued in. You see, I’ve met her before.”

“You have?” said Seth, a little confused.

Helena flexed her metallic fist. “Yes. She lives on Earth. And despite constant attempts between the Dark Oval and Earth to meet up, we’ve—I mean, they, have never been successful, because the Legion World Triumvirate secretly has blockades around the UP and Earth. Only one group has ever been able to travel back and forth—the Google Company. One of Earth’s most powerful companies and controlling shareholders of Earth culture.”

“Google!” said Jailbait Lass. “Of course! They’ve been trying to gain a majority share in Legion World’s economy for months! Its no doubt that they’re interested in Legion World, and its no doubt they would have joined up with our enemies if it served their purposes!”

“And Betty, Nova Girl’s mother,” said Helena, “is on the Board of Directors at Google.”

Now Seth spoke up. “So Nova Girl’s mother was sent here as Google’s emissary to this alliance to do what exactly? To create friction between Tamepr Lad and Nova Girl?”

“Yes,” said Jailbait Lass now. Her computer mind was working a mile a minute. This was where she excelled—this is why Cobalt Kid relied on her. The pieces were coming together. “Google must have learned of the Church’s plans through their various spies and alliances, and wanted in. They sent Veronica here to cause friction between Nova Girl and Tamper Lad, and undoubtedly encourage this picket-line long before her actual arrival, to make it much easier for one thing: to get access to the Evil Supper Club. They need to get in there for something. But what?” she now asked herself.

“Time to find out,” said Helena, a grim look of determination coming on her face. “Seth?”

“Love to,” said Seth, as Seth and Helena dashed across the Taltarian picket line, throwing the women into a daze, and rushed forward at the club entrances. Helena pulled her metallic arm back, and was thankful for it for the first time, and punched through the door, turning it into little metallic toothpicks. Seth immediately blasted the expected robot guardsman with intense power, knocking them back. “Ahead!” yelled Seth.

“Of course,” said Jailbiat Lass, thinking as she ran forward. “That’s why Cali has been on all these vacations. Someone is making sure she is off-planet too!” She followed Helena and Seth.

At last, they ran past all the diners into one of Tamper Lad’s many laboratories, where were scattered around the entire place. “You,” said Helena Handbasket.

Before them was Ken Clarkson, reporter for the Daily Sun. He smiled back at them with a grin. “Sniffed out a good story?” he said.

“What are you doing here, Clarkson?” asked Helena. She had met him right after the Invasion when he was reporting on the post-invasion clean-up. She didn’t care for him.

“What’s it look like? You didn’t think that military forces were the only part of the invasion did you? Never forget the power of the media, my dear Helena. Black Sun? Dark Oval? Ha. Long live the Church of the Eternal Void!” he said, and then they saw what he had in his hands: a small device, metallic, but with a rusty yellowish color, small enough to be hidden in one’s palm. But knowing Tamper Lad, it could be anything. He squeezed it and suddenly all of the air was sucked out of the room. “And that should make it the final point.”

“No!” said Helena, leaping at him, and knocking him to the floor. Seth ran over and picked up the device, trying to surmise what it was. Jailbait Lass ran to him. “Bastard!” said Helena, “we’ve had enough of these games. What have you done?”

“I’ve doomed Legion World for starters, now that he’s coming. You better rally your new friends Helena, because they don’t stand much of a chance.” Suddenly, the ground began to shake lightly, as if a small earthquake was passing by. Helena turned back to Clarkson, to see him foaming at the mouth.

“No…” she whispered. Obviously, he had bitten down on a pill hidden under a fake tooth, and poisoned himself. He was a suicidal enemy, often the worst kind. She shook him again, as the last bits of life were leaving him. She grinned slightly. “Look to the skies…” Clarkson whispered and died. The three stood there next to his body, as suddenly dozens of robots guardsmen burst in holding various weapons.

“What the hell is going on in here?” said Tamper Lad walking in. “Hm…I should have suspected. Spies everywhere.”

“I’ll explain Tamper Lad,” said Jailbait Lass, “but we need to go outside and see what’s happened. Something else else has just been sent into motion, and it does not look good for us…”

Minutes later…
Jailbait Lass, Helena Handbasket, Seth Gaterra and Tamper Lad looked out from the porch of the Evil Genius Club above into the skies of Legion World. Now they were not only red and flashing with lightning, they were becoming transparet, as if the clouds were parting and one could see strait into the blackness of space. And it looked like space was bending. It would be seconds apart, but there would be a ‘BOOM!’. As if someone was punching the space/time continuum, and trying to rip it open.

Tamper Lad looked at his LMB walking ring and a half-smile went across his face. He still couldn’t believe he was part of this group. He grabbed hold of it, and turned the ‘L’ symbol. LMB ALARM CODE RED. “Well, I should probably put on a clean costume,” said Tamper Lad.

#109271 12/29/06 11:36 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Legion World's Office of Security. Lobby area outside Interrogation Rooms.

Wearily, the LMBer known as Shady exits Interrogation Room 1. Having spent a lot of time in the I.R.s recently, her telepathic mind is extremely taxed.

Looking aound the lobby, she doesn't see who she expected to meet her. Instead she sees: "Abin?"

As if roused from sleep, the Green Lantern LMBer and co-Chief of Security starts, then says, "yes, Shady, it's me. Matlock wished to go investigate the LMB ALARM CODE RED that's been set off. As co-Chief of Security, I'm assuming this case in his stead. So...what's the verdict, Shady Lady?"

Stretching her arms and stifling a yawn, Shady answers, "not a whole lot of details, I'm afraid. It seems our friend Wyandotte modified Lard Lord's memories quite a bit, so that he didn't remember many of the details of the big plot. It's quite a jumbled mess involving something called the 'Church of the Eternal Void' and somehow ties into the Dark Oval...and even Earth-4."

"Earth-4?" Abin says. "Funny. One of the first precursers to all this strange rot had to do with when Rockhopper Lass was being sent back there. Seems there was an attack or something when Faraway Lad transported her."

"Yes," Shady said, "I learned that Lard Lord was told to provide that distraction for reasons unknown to him."

"Considering she later turned up suffering from amnesia, they may not've wanted anyone to know what was going on on Earth-4," Abin conjectures. "And, by the by, we've been unable to contact them since. Faraway's been unable to connect to his 'brother', and he also feels his memory has been modified somehow...as if he'd discovered something but had it taken away."

"Again," Shady nods, "possibly the work of Wyandotte. But there were some snippets of information. For one, I believe that Earth-4's Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and someone named Blaine are the primary ones in charge of the Earth-4 end to this plot."

"Interesting," Abin responds, "and what of this Church of the Who-zits?"

"Eternal Void," Shady corrects. Thinking of the psychic link she recently shared with Lard Lad, she continues, "they're a cosmic death cult, Abin. They have this doctrine that lays out prophecies detailing events that will lead to the coming of their Messiah, whom they refer to simply as the Destroyer. His purpose will be to wipe the cosmos clean of all life, so it may be remade into their idea of Heaven. They believe the time is very near and that...well, let's just they have some interesting theories as to the identity of this 'Destroyer'."

"Damn!" Abin reacts with surprise. "I've never heard of them! How do you know so much about them?"

Respecting the confidentiality of what she and Lardy shared and, more importantly, their friendship, Shady replies, "oh...one hears things..."

Not buying it, Abin nonetheless decides not to press her. "So did Lard Lord head up this arm of the conspiracy?"

Unnoticed at first by the pair, Lard Lad quietly enters the lobby.

"No," she continues, "he was lead to believe this was his role, but he now realises this was actually being carried out by a Priestess of the Church he and Wyandotte had met with frequently..."

Suddenly, she notices Lard Lad and makes eye contact with him. The look she gives tells him that she's about to deliver a bombshell. He grits his teeth in anticipation.

"...a woman recently arrived to Legion World...named Kalla Hryl<span style="font-size: 11px;">***</span>."

Lardy's jaw drops agape. Standing frozen in his spot, he wonders how absolutely everything he's done lately has consistently been coming back to bite him in the ass!

<span style="font-size: 11px;">***last seen here </span>

#109272 12/30/06 12:54 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Hykrosian Fortress. Lin-Dak Nebula. Dark Oval.<span style="font-size: 11px;">***</span>

"You have news of Kalla Hryl, Zyrnyn?" inquires Lord Collus Hrykos of his Vice-Regent.

"Yes, my Lord. I have learned quite a bit."

"Well? Where is she?"

"She is on none other than Legion World, my Lord!"

"Legion World?!" screams Hrykos. "Is there no end to this woman's treachery?!?!"

"Apparently not, Lord," Zyrnyn concedes. "We've learned that the 'lover' she avenged through her traitorous act was one of your late brother's sub-lieutenants, an alien named Huldnaf."

"Hmmmph!" Hrykos scoffs. "Yes, I gathered that she was a race-traitor from that note she left. Disgusting!"

"More importantly, Lord, we've learned that Huldnaf unknowingly was used to bring Lard Lad into a trap that your brother Damyen and his wife Mordra had set for him <span style="font-size: 11px;">***</span>. As a backhanded 'thank you' to Huldnaf, your brother had him executed after Huldnaf had brought Lard Lad into the fold. This happened while Lard Lad was still being held captive...before everything backfired on Damyen and Mordra when they were murdered by his hand."

"So," Hrykos thinks aloud, "Lard Lad knew this Huldnaf, and Huldnaf was..."

"...Kalla Hryl's lover..." Zyrnyn prompts.

Hrykos continues, "could Lard Lad and Kalla have met through this mutual acquaintance and had reason to come together to avenge him?"

"Yes, my Lord, we believe Kalla and Lard Lad conspired together to attack the former Barabarian Hordes and incite the conflict between us and them. For her part, this would avenge what she felt was the unjust death of her mate and, she hoped, possibly incite profound Hrykosian cultural change through strife-ridden times. For him..."

Hrykos slams his fist against the table and shouts, "...it would divert our attention back to our borders and away from his precious Legion World! Of course! This tactic helped turn our Invasion around to their favor! DAMN HIM! He and that traitoress have in one act caused us to suffer tremendous losses against Cobalt kid's Triumvirate Army and the forces of the erstwhile Barbarian Hordes--not to mention all the weaponry we and the Dominion used to destroy Black Sun! And now we're too busy licking our wounds and defending our borders to even think of retaliating! DAMN IT!!!"

"If I may, my Lord, there is a silver lining for us."

"And what could that possibly be?!?"

"Well, my source for most of this information, a Mr. Wyandotte, says that he worked with Kalla Hryl on Legion World. Apparently, she's not quite the ally Lard Lad thought she was. While not serving our Holy Clan, apparently she has some extreme religious views...views that are compelling her to orchestrate a plot that Wyandotte says may very well spell the end of Legion World as a blight on our galaxy!"

Hrykos smiles ironically, "let's hope she's as successful in that plan as she was in her utter betrayal of her own people."

<span style="font-size: 11px;">***last seen here </span>

<span style="font-size: 11px;">***See Turning Point Part Two </span>

#109273 12/30/06 04:05 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
recent entry from Kalla Hryl's personal journal:

Dearest Huldnaf,

Ah, yes...things are going very well, my Love. Though I still miss you to the deepest core of my being, I take comfort in knowing that I will soon be joining you, our souls entwined in the Eternal Void, as we await reincarnation in the World To Come.

The man you knew and befriended as 'Lars' has inadvertantly provided our Church with the opportunity to make reality one of the Sacred Prophecies of our Faith. I refer, of course, to the one which referred to the annihilation of the Great Neutral Power. As you know, the Faithful have come to believe this Power is Legion World. It's removal as a buffering force in galactic politics is said to be one of the crucial steps towards hastening the onset of The Great Galactic War. From the ashes of this War will rise our Messiah, the Destroyer. He will consume all that remains of existence, so that it may be reborn into Perfection, as it was always meant to be! And all conflicts, including ones over such trifles as skin color, will be rendered meaningless!

Ironically, many in our Church believe your 'Lars', or 'Lard Lad' as he is more widely known, to be the man who will become the Destroyer. I am unconvinced as yet, but I can't deny that our meeting him was fortuitous!

Some time after you were murdered, Lard Lad contacted me after he completed a diplomatic mission to Rudlab. I agreed to help him with a backup plan to bail Legion World out of their Invasion by my people by giving them another war to fight. Sure enough, he gave me the signal , and the desired results came almost immediately. In return Lard Lad provided me with safe harbour here on Legion World where I've been able to quietly, but quickly, organize a band of our Church's Faithful, a feat made all the more easy in the post-Invasion chaos.

When the man known as Wyandotte discovered our conspiracy, I was afraid our mission was doomed. But instead, he helped us, as our goals were similar. He combined a force of mercenaries with our Faithful and enabled us to move our timetable up considerably. Altogether, we are 52 conspirators. As you know, '52' is a sacred number in our faith!

What's more, he provided us with intelligence that helped us locate, and the means that will soon free, a mysterious and powerful threat from another dimension to distract the LMB while we lay waste to Legion World in their absence. Though it's possible that the threat we release will be able to destroy Legion World on its own, we will insure its destruction, regardless of that outcome, by unleashing the Seed of Destruction planted by one of our Faithful during Legion World's recent Invasion.

Oh yes, my Huldnaf, I will be joining you soon in the blessed Void, but not before I show the Great Neutral Power my Light of Truth! Yes, it will definitely know Truth before it's consumed by the Great Plague, my love!

#109274 12/31/06 01:17 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The Rookery

The Rockhoppers, having realised there was little they could do to figure out the mystery without driving themselves insane, channeled their energies into Rockhopper Lad's political campaign. Rockhopper Lass found some purpose in being the hostess of the Rookery during the campaign and coordinating the parties. They were both quite pleased when he was elected Deputy Leader.

But the question remained. What was going on with the Evil Emperor Pyngwyn and the Earth-One Blaine Fey? With Eudyptes' new status as Deputy Leader-elect, he was privy to information to which he had not been previously. Abin Quank had shared Shady's report about his own evil double and his late lover's evil double being connected with the Church of the Eternal Void's plans.

"What I don't understand, Adelie, is why Lard Lord would have disrupted your transport. Did my double and Blaine arrange that?"

"I guess that makes sense."

Time Teller Lad, Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle and Old Dutch the Super-Cow sat around a table with them. The two loyal super-pets had been awarded positions in the Deputy Leader's office, as had the new LMBer whom Rockhopper Lad saw as a sort of protege.

Time Teller Lad asked. "Have we been able to determine exactly what this Blaine Fey's powers are?"

"Not really," sighed Rockhopper Lad. "My Blaine--Openly Gay Lad--was a reality warper. He could channel energies to teleport, change things around him, give himself super-strength--but it taxed him. That's how he died. It took so much out of him to save the others. The Emperor, on the other hand, is my double. There don't seem to be any real differences between the Pyngwyns of the two worlds."

Rockhopper Lass grabbed her head as if in great pain.

"What's wrong, Adelie?" her "brother" asked. "Is it another of your headaches?" Hyvvie placed his head in Adelie's lap to comfort her.

"No. I--I remembered something." She began stroking the Wonder Beagle's head. "Eudyptes, I am, in nearly every way, the double of your sister Adelie. The Empress Maryss of this world is in nearly every way the double of my mother. The same for Uncle Krestor, Cousin Makarona, and, until my father was killed, our fathers. But there is a difference between you and the other Eudyptes."

"Well, of course. He's evil."

"Well, it's related to that. Our ice powers are based in magic. That's true of the Rockhoppers of both worlds, but the Eudyptes of my world--he did something else. Remember how he had mother, Uncle Krestor and me in that spell?"

"You mean?"

"He uses magic in a way we don't."

"Adelie, most of that is forbidden. Remember the caste system of our society. Only the priestly caste, the Vl'Zyr--the Blue Fairy Clan in Interlac--have anything to do with anything like that. And they have very strict rules as to what can be done and what can't."

"He killed his--our--father. He usurped the throne. He had no respect for laws, custom or anything other than his own power," she replied.

"From everything you've told me," Time Teller Lad added, "that would sound totally in character for him to take that kind of opportunity."

"So, what are his limits? What can he and Blaine do together?" Rockhopper Lad asked.

"Isn't that a bit personal?" Old Dutch asked.

"That was a rhetorical question," he replied, slightly annoyed. "We can't sit on this. I'm the Deputy Leader-elect of the LMB now. I have to tell Actor, Kent, Kid Marvel and the Security Office."

Just then, an energy blast appeared and, in the next instant, the Rockhoppers were transported away.

"What the?" Time Teller Lad was astonished. "Hyvvie, Old Dutch, we have to tell the others!"

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#109275 01/02/07 10:03 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
The Streets of Legion World

“The LMB General Alarm…” said Jailbait Lass, “…a lot of LMBers are going to be here in a matter of minutes.”

“Yes,” said Tamper Lad, “and you better run for cover. Whatever this is, its going to be rough. Anyone that is not an actual member of the Legion should get out of harms way. Ah, I hear Monkey-Eater Lad calling me now…”

“But if they’re all going off to fight whatever is going on up there,” asked Seth to Helena, “then what about this Church you’ve been talking about? Aren’t they on Legion World?”

Mission Monitor Board, LMBP HQ, LMBP Plaza

“How’s it look MEL?” said Kent Shakespeare, taking charge as deputy leader. Monkey-Eater Lad was in front of him, as he had been on monitor duty when the time/space rip began to manifest. “Any clue what is going on or why things have heated up all of a sudden. This has been going on for weeks, but in the last hour you can feel the heightened danger.”

“Not really Kent,” said Monkey-Eater. “Tamper has some basic ideas but he doesn’t know the whole story. He’s on his way to LMBP Plaza where we’re all meeting per your instructions.”

“Kent,” said Arachne suddenly, as she was on another monitor. “It’s Actor Lad on the line.”

“Actor,” said Kent, putting him through, “glad to hear from you. Its looking pretty ugly.”

“I heard,” replied the leader of the LMB. “Helluva a way to end a term, eh? I’m en route and Pov is giving us an added boost to get to LW in time. We’ll be there within the hour and you can have the troops assembled in LMBP Plaza.”

“I figured you’d say that. They’ll be ready. And yeah, helluva of a way to end a term…”

“Kent,” said MEL now, “it’s Eryk on the line. He says you better listen up…”

The Orbit around Legion World

Time and space smashed against and from one another as a rift suddenly became apparent. Blackness was sucked in and replaced by intense white, the white light of the enemy, pouring into Legion World’s reality once more. He was here.

Deep Space

“Can anyone read me? Anyone?” asked Cobalt into his omni-com, but with no luck. He flew across space as quick as he could using his magnetism, but it wasn’t fast enough. He had to get across the universe from the Khanate of Sol Invictus back home to Legion World, and at this rate it would take him days. “Dammit!” he yelled out loud to know one.

“Need a lift?” said a voice, highly amused by this predicament. It was Reboot, and power emanating forth from him. He was in his full armor and the change of the time he spent in the anomaly was more apparent than ever. “Though I’d rather not, I believe Legion World will need you, and that’s always been my greatest concern.”

Cobalt smiled. “’Boot, you know, I’m telling you we make a great team, but…” he let the sentence drift.

A grin slightly came across Reboot’s face. “Hardly…” he replied, “but as usual, our paths cross no matter how far away from Legion World we are. Come on then,” he added, and the two made their way to Legion World.

Mission Monitor Board, LMBP HQ, LMBP Plaza

“Bloody Liberty,” said Kent Shakespeare quietly as he got off the omni-com with Eryk. Arachne and Monkey-Eater Lad turned to look at him with their eyes raised. Kent stared at the screen overlooking the area of Legion World orbit where things were acting so strangely. “MEL, I need you to get Kid Vudoo here immediately,” he said, adding, “perhaps his eyes can help,” referring to RTVU.

“What is it, Kent?” said Arachne.

“Arachne, inform all LMBers they are not to talk to the public or to anyone other than the current LMB roster. We’re dealing with a problem far more complex than we thought.”

“Do we have a name for it?” she said, with her eyebrow still raised.

“Yes,” he replied. “Sol Invictus.”

NOTE – To make it a little clearer, this period is the transition of leadership b/t Actor Lad and Kent Shakespeare to JoeBoy and Rockhopper Lad. However, at this point, the two new leaders have not officially begun their terms, although they are now in preparation to do so. This is similar to the outgoing government completing the final month of office in preparation for the new government’s inauguration.

#109276 01/02/07 10:26 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Greg Evignan Island

Minutes earlier the Phantom Stranger had shocked them all by uttering the dreadful truth: “Sol Invictus, the deity himself is returning, and he is going to wipe us all out of existence.” Now, they knew, they had to deal with it.

“Deity, eh?” said Lucien Lad, “I’m not impressed.”

“Waitaminute,” said KGSR II, “Sol Invictus is a real genuine being? Is this like the end of times? Ragnarok? Doesn’t this mean he’s come to destroy all life?”

“Well, if the Black Sun find out about this, that’s what they’ll sure think!” said Eryk.

“Excuse me,” said Soho, removing himself from the room. Things were moving too fast for him. These people should not have figured this out by now.

“Sol Invictus is indeed real,” said the Phantom Stranger, adding, “…and some of you have even met him before, although most would not remember it and never have heard about it. And he has come now to destroy the world, as the Black Sun prophecize. That is our enemy.”

“But,” said KGSR II, “what about the ‘52’? What does that mean?”

“And what about the enemies on Legion World?” said Space Tart. “We know something funny is going on, but we don’t know what.”

“I think what they’re saying old friend,” said Faraway Lad to the Phantom Stranger, “is that its time for explanations.”

“I believe I can explain the science,” said M’Baku the Super-Gorilla, “but I have no idea who Sol Invictus is.”

“I do,” said Eryk quietly, as a shock went across the table. “I’ve met him before. So has Cobie,” he said to Space Tart. “Bevis too,” he said motioning to Lucien Lad.

“Yes,” said Lucien Lad, “but his origin was kind of depressing and dull so I’ve forgotten it,” he added, as a large rainbow suddenly was across the table.

“Hold on,” said the Lonestar Ranger. “I was once an inhabitant of the Dark Oval, as you all know. A large portion of the Dark Oval believe in Sol Invictus as their deity, as their belief system. You’re honestly saying that some of you have met him? That’s insane. And that’s too great a secret too keep!”

“The Ranger may be right,” said Liberty Monkey.

“Unfortunately Cicero,” said Eryk, “it doesn’t matter. We do know who he is. Sol Invictus, I’m afraid, is no deity, no divine spirit. Sol Invictus is just a man, although he’s a man with power enough to end the entire universe. There are only two as powerful that we’ve ever seen: the Anti-Moderator and Ekron himself. Sol Invictus is that powerful, and he’s dangerous. Because he is mad. You can tell them Stranger.”

“Very well, and I will be brief for the sake of haste. Over a three hundred years ago, when Sun-Eaters were rampant in the galaxy, planets became crazed with hysteria in dealing with them. However, this was a terrible time for the United Planets, and it offered no aid. One planet, Dora, stood out and attempted to learn more about the Sun-Eaters and what they were, to see if there was a sentience or purpose for them. Mathias of Dora was their leading scientist, and he developed a way to approach these creatures without being destroyed by their intense heat and radiation, and through a series of experiments, believed he had come up with a way to generate enough faux-sun energy to attract them into the far corners of space. Feeling that he had gone too far in his science and broken many laws, the then United Planets General Council voted that his experiments were illegal. Feeling that he was running out of time, Mathias attempted to hurry his experiments before the Science Police could take them away—and there, he made his greatest error. For the devices went off accidentally, tragedy struck. For now Sun-Eaters from all over the universe came forth to eat the energy he had created.”

The Phantom Stranger paused and his audience looked on quietly. “It was instantaneous. The sun that Dora used was snuffed out by a host of Sun-Eaters and the entire planet was laid to darkness, except for the light generated from Mathias devices. It was then that they struck the planet Dora itself and consumed the faux energy, and the greatest, most hideous destruction and degradation occurred. And thus, it was then that not only did Mathias witness the entire death and destruction of his people, but he then was not consumed by the Sun-Eaters—for it was then that the energy combined with the sentience of the Sun-Eaters in an explosion of energy that he had never foreseen, and the ensuing blast destroyed the Sun-Eaters, pouring their immense power into him. Thus, Mathias was destroyed, and a new Pro-Mathias was born, with the power of a million Sun-Eaters. His anger at the UP was mighty and he had been driven mad by the tragedy, by the pain, and now by the power. He attempted to destroy all of space, but had burnt himself out in the process, still too weak from the calamity that had created him. He disappeared somewhere, though known new where, but in his wake left a following among the sentients of various cultures, who referred to him as ‘Sol Invictus’, or ‘the Unconquered Sun’. It is from here that the belief system has grown.”

“Yes,” said Eryk Davis Ester coming in now, “and it was in our dealings with the Black Sun, that Cobie and I discovered a plot by Caracalla, their leader, to reawaken Sol Invictus, as he had found out where the sleeping ‘deity’ now lived. Sol Invictus’ power has grown one million-fold, and he has enough pure sun-energy to consume galaxies. Cobie and I called on Lucien Lad, the LMBP Spectre and some others to do what they could, but we had only found out in the final hours when it was almost too late. Only by using the remaining emotions of what was once Mathias, were we able to trick him into burning a hole out of the universe itself, so he would exist between worlds and universe and earths, no longer a part of our world. Only someone like he had the power to do so, and Lucien Lad and the Spectre were able to repair reality so that the hole remained closed. That is the one time Sol Invictus has ever crossed normal people, well, er, if you consider us normal.”

“Normal enough,” said the Stranger, “for one like Sol Invictus.”

“So the Dark Oval never learned about this?” said Turns You Into A Country Fred. “Pretty good cover-up. That could have began a pretty crazy Holy War,” he added nonchalantly. Everyone in the room suddenly gave him an odd look.

“We think Caracalla knows,” said Eryk, “since he now has other plans for the Black Sun. But that’s neither here nor there. We now have the problem that he’s somehow almost able to pierce his way back in. And there is no way there is any humanity left in him, it is almost certainly all burnt out. He’s a being powerful enough to kill the entire LMB and Legion World, and he barely has enough mind left to do anything but want to destroy us all. Only Lucien Lad or the Spectre have ever been strong enough to even look at him.”

“How did he come here?” asked Space Tart. “Is that what the Conspiracy was? A Black Sun thing?”

“No, not a Black Sun thing,” said Eryk. “We know that now, though we don’t know much else,” he added, not knowing that miles away, Jailbait Lass, Helena Handbasket and others were coming ever closer to the truth.

“I believe I can explain his return,” said M’Baku, “though I do not know the motivation. It was what you call the ‘Infinite Crisis’. When it reset the universe, it created a weakness in the fabric of reality. The weakness is here, above Legion World, at the epicenter of that crisis. Fifty-two points in time, space and reality now are all that separate the universe and ‘outside of the universe’, and Sol Invictus is punching them.”

“The ‘52’…” said KGSR II.

“Yes, the ‘52’,” said M’Baku, “the 52 weakest points in the universe. He is reentering it, and the last Crisis has allowed him to do so.”

“These are interesting times,” said Captain Lightbulb, “and its time we get an idea for why.” Suddenly, the dim lightbulb on his head began to brighten, for the first time in months. “There are enemies on Legion World,” he added, “all reports lead to that assumption. They have conspired to bring Sol Invictus into this world, undoubtedly to destroy us. Who and what they are is irrelevant to us, for they have completed their goal.” The Lightbulb began to grow brighter.

“Your bulb,” said M’Baku, “…its’ glowing again Captain. Undoubtedly, because you yourself are from another universe, your powers somehow are related to the fabric of reality itself! Perhaps as Sol Invictus is reentering, you’re regaining your power?”

“Perhaps,” said the Captain, “because I’m beginning to think normally again. The conspirators plan to use Sol to eliminate us, that is for certain. Most likely fifty-two of them, symbolic of their mission, as these religious zealots always are, have entered Legion World and used the various devices here to their benefit. Something else else used as a weapon during the Crisis, if not here on this island, or in the gorilla tribe, then in one of the LMB genius’ labs. It was the extra punch to make the weakness clear to anyone trying to look for it.”

“Bloody Liberty…” said Space Tart, “…this is pretty big! We need to get everyone together!”

“Oh Spacey honey, they’re already doing that. They’re on their way to fight him now I’m sure. We need to figure out how to beat him.”

“He’s right,” said Faraway Lad. “I can feel my powers fluctuating. He’s entering our universe. He’s above us now, in Legion World’s orbit.”

“And that, LMBers, is a look into what you must do. Good luck my friends,” finished the Phantom Stranger, and slowly faded out.

“That’s it? Tell us we’re doomed and then exit?” said Lonestar Ranger.

“I love it when he gets all mysterious like that,” said Lucien Lad. “So like him!”

“Now, it’s on us,” said Faraway Lad.

#109277 01/03/07 01:53 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Legion World Office of Security

Lard Lad sits alone quietly in the lobby outside the detention area.

"Gods," he mutters, "will I ever be anything but a screw-up? I can't believe I alligned myself with someone who turned out to be one of those Eternal Void whack-jobs! Gods..."

"Anthony?" says a familiar voice as she enters the area. "There you are, honey! We've got to get going! That General Alarm is about a major threat in Legion World orbit!"

Barely looking up, he replies, "Dru, babe...they're better off without me...I have this tendency to make bad situations worse."

The powerful sorceress who is his fiancee takes a seat next to him. "Look, Anthony...this is no time for a pity party! We're talking a threat akin to the Anti-Moderator or Ekron! They need us!"

"Dru...don't you know what I've brought to Legion World?"

"Yes, Anthony. Shady told me about Kalla Hryl's secret." She grabs his chin and forces him to look at her. "Look--you thought you were helping out someone who helped you! I know you still feel guilty about that tactic you used to draw the invaders away from Legion World, and learning what you have about your co-conspirator in that action isn't helping. But you'd do anything to protect this place--and it's in HUGE danger right now! Don't turn your back on it, now!"

"You're right Dru," he responds and stands up, "I've got to do what I can. Let's go!"

But before Dru can conjure them away, two voices shout, "Wait!"

Puzzled at first, Dru then identifies, "Mordra? Lard Lord?"

Holding her husband's hand as they rush toward the first duo, the woman known as Bat-Fem implores, "please wait, Dru...my sister." And she points to her husband, "you've got to take Tony with you--he wants to help!"

Lard Lad is speechless, but Dru takes this woman's hands who is every bit as good a person as this universe's version of her sister was evil. "You want us to take Lard Lord with us?"

Mordra replies, "I do...and I don't. But I've read the report on what the LMB faces in orbit. My physical skills wouldn't help, but Tony is about as powerful as your fiance. He could help make a difference...and he desperately wants to redeem himself for all the evil he's wrought."

They're all silent for a long moment before Lard Lad speaks up. Addressing his scarred Earth-4 counterpart, Lardy looks him in the eye and asks, "Is this what you want? Do you really want to fight with the LMB...even if it means you might not make it back to your wife."

Without breaking eye contact, Lard Lord answers, "yes...even if. This is what I want to do. I helped bring this evil about. I want to help end it."

Silently, Lardy regards his counterpart and sees the irony in what they both hope to redeem this day. "Alright. You're in. We're ready when you are."

"A moment," Lard Lord says and turns to his wife. Dru and Lardy give them some space. "Moe," he says tenderly and takes her into his arms, "my love. If this is the end for me, I will die happily, knowing I got to hold you again...knowing, once more, the power of love."

"Oh, Tony...I never stopped loving you. My life before I met you and while we were apart was empty. With you, I am whole. Whatever happens, we'll never be apart again...not in our hearts"

Tears streaming from both their eyes, husband and wife embrace until, reluctantly, they let go.

Lard Lord walks slowly to Dru and Lardy, and Dru begins her incantation. Interrupting the process briefly, Dru says, "Mordra, if I don't come back...I just wanted you to know that it's been a pleasure having you for a sister!"

Mordra smiles at her, then she turns to her husband. He's smiling at her just like he used to...before the scars...before Leelee. Mordra smiles back and waves until her husband's figure disappears with his companions.

Mordra reaches for a cloth to wipe her tears when she sees a falling motion out of the corner of her eye.

"What the hells?" she says as she spins to face the object, her body in a defensive pose.

She's surprised to see that what fell was actually a person, a woman in fact.

"Uh, hi?" the woman says. "I had to break in because the guards wouldn't allow me to see Lard Lad! Uh...is he around?"

"No, he's not," Mordra says. Then, with a start, Mordra realizes she recognizes the woman. "Jada? Jada Konti?"

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,020
Posts1,045,049
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
jesjos
jesjos
Chicago, Illinois
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star