Roll Call
0 members (), 43 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion of Super-Heroes #7 (2020) - Preview and Spoilers
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:06 AM
The 2nd All Avengers Thread
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 10:04 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:34 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/27/24 06:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/27/24 02:11 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:56 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/26/24 06:55 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20
Re: Heroes of other worlds?
#592895 06/03/12 11:14 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by razsolo:
Triplicate Boy
That's clever! I like how you tweaked the native Carggite ability to make something entirely new.

The ability to affect even people, could be incredible, if someone like Element Lad or Mon-El was present!

The Phage
Also cool!

I always wanted to tweak the Somahturans by having them be the remains of the humanoids who either originally lived there, or of colonists who were infected and 'killed' by sentient viral hive-minds. It wasn't a malicious act, the colonies of micro-sentiences had always taken over larger (non-sentient) life-forms, in such numbers that each human-sized life-form was like an entire world to their people, and they didn't know until it was too late that the new host bodies that had become available to them belonged to creatures that were *already* sentient...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#592896 06/03/12 12:10 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From the Dominator Throneworld;

Omniphage, Genetically modified, Omniphage has a thick torso, and his head has almost a dozen seperate mouths. In the center of his head, a massive snout like fanged mouth, large enough to engulf a smaller man's head, is filled with fangs stronger than steel, and is possessed of superhumanly strong muscles, giving it crushing force far greater than it's appearance would suggest. Below that mouth, in the middle of the neck, another mouth leads directly to the digestive system, and Omniphage can spit a mixture of digestive acids and enzymes that are too potent for his own body to contain, in their concentrated state. On the sides of his bull-like neck, six tube-like structures end in smaller mouths, with the shortest of them producing sounds too low for humans to register, the mid-length 'pipes' producing sound and speech in human ranges, and the highest-placed of these mouths generating souunds pitched too high for humans to hear. Working in tandem, these six throats can produce complicated multi-part harmonies, only partially audible to humans, that have a hypnotic sedative effect, causing people to become sluggish and suggestible. Atop the central mouth, placed where nostrils would be for most humanoids with a similar snout-like facial structure, a pair of smaller mouths can spray forth a paralyzing toxic mist that blinds and envenomes those struck, either in one or two thin streams of fluid that can travel up to 30 ft, or in a cone like spray of fine droplets that can fill an area in front of him. His final mouth is in the center of his dome-like forehead, and can generate powerful pulses of sound, usable for echolocation or sonar scans or even direct attacks, able to produce sonic pulses powerful enough to potentially rupture some internal organs, shatter eardrums or stun foes by damaging them internally. Tiny beady eyes provide only limited visual perception, but his incredibly advanced senses of hearing, taste, smell and thermal sensation (augmented by his many tongues, which are sensitive to scent and fluctuations in temperature) more than compensate for any visual shortcomings.

The other members of Dominator Super-Squad Six tend to regard Omniphage as a big, dumb brute, or walking bio-weapon, assaulting foes with globs of acid, sprays of toxin or punishing sonic assaults, but he is very intelligent, particularly in matters of linguistics and chemical analysis, and makes good use of his heightened sensory range, and ability to stupefy targets with his hypnotic 'backup chorus'.

While the sonic pulses from his upper-most mouth are not generally powerful enough to easily rupture most internal organs, certain external organs, such as eardrums, or, a particular favorite, eyeballs, are vulnerable to his attacks, and he is more than willing to cause permanant harm in this manner, as 'super-hero' means something quite different to the Dominator teams...

[Yes, this is a different version of Visi-Lad. Instead of having a half-dozen pairs of eyes, each with different functions, Omniphage as a bunch of different *mouths,* each with their own super-powers.

I leave to the readers imagination what sort of powers Polyphallic Pete would have...]

#592897 06/04/12 05:39 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Originally posted by Set:
From the Dominator Throneworld;

[b]Omniphage
[/b]
That's okay, I didn't plan on ever sleeping again.

Or being in a room with the lights off.

*_*

#592898 06/04/12 09:49 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
[b]From the Dominator Throneworld;

[b]Omniphage[/b]
That's okay, I didn't plan on ever sleeping again.

Or being in a room with the lights off.

*_* [/b]
Heh. My other idea in that vein was Eyeful Ethyl's second cousin, Mouthy Myrtle, who has a dozen mouths and never shuts up.

Mouthy Myrtle totally needs to appear in a MLLASH picture, getting killed by Frenemy or Fembrain (or both!) for annoying them... (probably by having her many mouths stuffed with delicious pastries, in the Death of a Thousand Ding-Dongs)

#592899 06/04/12 10:53 AM
Deputy
Deputy
See, now I came up with a totally different use for a dozen mouths.

#592900 06/04/12 11:09 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Orando (although currently operating on the Sorcerer's World);

Lady Lake inheritor of a mystical legacy from old Earth, the knight who calls herself Lady Lake wears medieval styled armor of advanced metal composite, and carries no visible weaponry. Her tabard depicts her personal crest, a blood-red sword crossed behind a silver-gray triangular shield that bears the sigil of a golden-yellow bowl pouring forth a white river. When she extends a hand and wills it so, sparkling energy manifests and coalesces into the form of a indestructible hand-and-a-half sword, with a blade of a ruddy magically resonant metal, that strikes with the magical force and skill of the hundreds of knights who have born it throughout the ages. A thought, and the sword dissolves and is replaced by an unadorned shield of reflective silvery metal, as indestructible as the blade, and that produces a magical shield of force that protects not only Lady Lake, but any who stand behind her, manifesting as a barely visible hemispherical sideways dome of force. The third relic that can be manifested, again, only by dissolving whatever one she holds into sparkling energy, and reforming it, is a golden bowl that contains glowing water. Water from the bowl serves to heal those who touch it or are annointed with it, washing away even grievous injuries, the effects of disease, exhaustion, privation, toxin or radiation poisoning, as readily as normal water sluices away dirt. By tipping the bowl in a direction and allowing the water to spill forth, she can also generate a wave of water that sweeps those near in that direction from their feet, and can extinquish flames, or cleanse an area of toxins or radiation.

Lady Lake's true identity remains a mystery to the people of Orando, as she does not remove her helmet in public, and has special dispensation from Queen Projectra to refuse to do so in the presence of anyone who would otherwise be able to demand her to do so.

Rumors swirl, some saying that she is a young noblewoman, afraid that her father will forbid her from serving as a champion in this manner, or that her father is scurrilous or ill-favored in some way, and Lady Lake does not wish them to gain in esteem from her actions. The most scandalous rumor is that she is no 'Lady' at all, but a mere commoner, and that the Queen, as is her occasionally-frustrating traditions-flouting wont, allows her to remain anonymous and call herself 'Lady.'

#592901 06/05/12 01:45 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Shining Son:
See, now I came up with a totally different use for a dozen mouths.
Well, yes, obviously she'd *own* at hot dog eating contests.

Sure, the Bismollan contestant would be a challenge, but he's only got the one mouth, and, if he goes *too* fast, he'll lose fingers.

Bismollan eating contests are serious business, y'all! Medics are standing by!

She's also all up in the kissing booth. No waiting in line for this lass, she can kiss all comers!

If only she didn't have a voice (er, voices) like a sack of cats, she could be a one woman choir!

#592902 06/06/12 10:51 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Thanks for the comments on Brainiac 8, Set and raz smile Studies in Psychology make for fertile ground. Emotional intelligence, in particular, is undervalued.

PS - Triplicate Boy sounds EXTREMELY powerful! If the Legion ever let him in...!

And Omniphage just sounds scarily interesting.

#592903 06/10/12 02:15 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From Talok III, Sariff Nor, called Skyborne.

At an early age, he found an ancient alien corpse in an underground cistern. The organic crystal bracers worn by the alien flowed from it's body to his own, and fused to his nervous system, becoming unremovable. From them, he could generate propulsive force, with a distinctive 'wing' like appearance, forming behind his arms and propelling him into the air. For the first few meters from his outstretched arms, the force is solid and powerfully repulsive, allowing him to block incoming attacks with ease, or to strike someone with them and hurl them back with force similar to that of a jet engine (the counterforce of such an effect paradoxically not affecting him, when he choses to do this). A mostly intangible manifestation that resembles white tendrils of mist extends another five meters or more, when he's in flight, and can trail behind him for a kilometer or more. A faint white fog also steams off of him, when the wings are manifested, and he is protected from the thin cold atmosphere of the upper skies, and from the effects of air friction when he travels at speed.

He later learned that his power works equally well underwater, forming inky black 'wings' that appear fluid instead of wisps of white fog, and with a crawling inky aura that protects him from the pressure, cold and airlessness of the deep ocean, as well as enhancing his vision, allowing him to navigate the sunless deep. Only by accident did he learn that his aura and wings will also function in outer space, protecting him from the radiation, cold and lack of pressure or atmosphere, and manifesting as intricate lines and curves of white light streaming behind him. While he has come to love exploring the oceans with this aspect of his powers, he is terrified of travelling through space, and has only once made the trip from Talok III to 'sister-world' of Talok VIII under his own power, preferring to commute between worlds of the Talok system by commercial shuttle.

By necessity, Skyborne has become quite skilled at blocking anything up and including blasterfire with his force-wings, and moving in close enough to 'clothesline' foes while he flies amongst them, all without touching the ground. He has also found the visible manifestations, whether 'mist' or 'ink' or 'swirly lights,' to be useful for obscuring the vision of others, and he seems to have no difficulty navigating through the streams of fog (or ink, etc.) that he leaves behind.

#592904 06/10/12 03:41 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Skyborne sounds awesome! I love the visual of his power, and it's carrying on the proud DC tradition of heroes using alien equipment as established by such fine precedents as Hal Jordan, Lana Lang and Jaime Reyes. wink

#592905 06/10/12 01:56 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Skyborne sounds awesome! I love the visual of his power, and it's carrying on the proud DC tradition of heroes using alien equipment as established by such fine precedents as Hal Jordan, Lana Lang and Jaime Reyes. wink
Thanks! The visual was indeed what sold me on that power. Ever since Jean Grey flew up out of the water with her big fire wings, I've loved the idea of energy wing like structures.

I chose the alien tech to fit the only other hero I knew of from Talok III, the alien Starman, Mikaal Tomas. Being a non-Legionnaire hero, it was totally fine for him to have device-granted powers, as well.

#592906 06/12/12 12:54 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Also not a hero, and also from Titan, which is apparently crawling with super-types, in my head;

'Party Boy' (a name he never uses) is Tolin Xiraph, the sole son (and clone) of Fenar Xiraph, head of Xiraph Verti Enterprises, a prominent Titanian telepathic defense contractor. Too busy to have kids 'the old fashioned way,' the Sr. Xiraph had a clone of himself decanted, and mid-way through the child's youth, discovered a fluke effect of his telepathic potential is that he uncontrollably broadcast the effects of any mind or mood altering effect to all around him (first discovered with an energy drink). After years of trying to teach him to suppress this ability, the disciplinarian elder Xiraph gave up and suggested that he find a practical way to capitalize on it, thinking perhaps a job in pharmacological research, or some sort of substance-abuse therapy. Tolin had another idea, and instead took advantage of his ability to go to wild parties, and partake of controlled substances, 'sharing' the effect of whatever he was on with everyone around him. It was almost immediately discovered that, while high on sensory-affecting drugs and 'broadcasting,' other feelings and sensations were shared as well, when an attractive fan of the effect he was sharing gave him a passionate kiss, and the entire room got to share that, and what followed, too.

Tolin is now invited to *all* the cool parties, as drug designers and 'hospitality professionals' compete to have him sample their wares, broadcasting them to everyone present, and advertising their 'product' to partygoers who might not be willing to pay for an untested product (or might be unwilling to sample anything that would remain in their body chemistry later, due to their jobs, making him popular at soirees hosted by the sorts of people who simply couldn't enjoy drugs any other way, due to their security clearances, etc.).

After the crash, he puts his telepathy-dampening helmet back on and goes home to his disappointed father, because he's well aware that *nobody* wants to be his best friend or enthusiastic lover when he comes back down to reality and the crushing depression returns...

#592907 06/12/12 05:38 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Set i'm loving everyone of your creations!

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
#592908 06/12/12 10:32 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Omni:
Set i'm loving everyone of your creations!
Thanks! I had a bunch written up, at first, but I'm saving a few for a fanfic (that I may never write, since I'm in the middle of one, and in the plotting stages of another...).

Others just sort of pop up, like this latest Titanian, or the Carggite sisters who can grant powers of flight, communications or adaptation to others, or the Dominator Super-Squad Six (of which Omniphage is the only one I've posted, so far) or the Sorcerer's Seven, a team of mages / mystical creatures operating from the Sorcerer's World (of which Lady Lake is the only one I've posted).

I love the ideas that others have posted, as well. I tend to think along certain lines, and never would have imagined bringing up new heroes from Zwenn, for instance!

#592909 06/13/12 12:33 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Well i can't wait to see more of these if you get a chance.

and your right! the Zwenn heroes are great too!

honestly i'm just amazed at all the talent put forth on this thread!

#592910 06/14/12 02:04 PM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
From the Sol system asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter;

Legends have been told about the Haunted Spacesuit since mankind first began mining the resources of the asteroid belt. Over the last seven centuries, there have been at least forty sightings of the space-suited figure, always arriving when a lone prospector or escape pod or damaged habitat module is in distress, drifting in from the dark of space using only the small jets from his ancient suit, a suit that, even when he was first seen, appeared out of date, like something from man's first expeditions into space. Witnesses claim that the suit bears the name 'Gillespie,' on a tag, and has a visible breach on the torso, leg and an arm, as well as a cracked faceplate, and one eyewitness swears that he got close enough to see into the faceplate, where a vacuum-dessicated corpse, glowly faintly from some sort of phosphorscent lichen, was the only occupant of the Haunted Spacesuit...

In his many appearances, none of which have been documented, due to a tendency of recording equipment to fail mysteriously when he is present, the Haunted Spacesuit has displayed superhuman strength, freeing trapped individuals, or cutting away entrapping debris, or making modest repairs to damaged ship components with a welder attached to his suit. Both welder and his suit's thrusters produce an eerie green flame (which never seem to run out of fuel), and when his silent task is completed, he turns and accelerates back into the void, to disappear back into the asteroid belt, until some hapless soul again needs his help.

Spacers who work the Belt, when they've had a bit too much synthale, speculate on who or what the Haunted Spacesuit is, or why he appears to held stranded spacefarers in the belt. The popular rumor is that he was the ship's mechanic on the New Destiny, a ship of one hundred souls that crashed with all hands lost due to shoddy maintenance in the belt 800 years ago, and that the Haunted Spacesuit must save as many souls as were lost to his previous neglect, before his body can finally rest...

#592911 06/15/12 04:15 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Running with the creepy 'undead heroes' theme, from Ganymede;

The Jupiter Station colony on Ganymede is sometimes called 'the Roanoke of Space,' after the mysterious disappearance of the 127 colonists eight months after the colony was established. The colony's chief engineer had reported to Earth that the transmitter relay was going to be down for 48 hours for repair, and after a week of no contact, a cargo ship was re-routed to see if they were experiencing difficulties. The cargo ship reported that there was no power at all in the colony. Every building lay open to the nearly airless cold of Ganymede, even the greenhouses, where the crops planted months before lay frozen and brittle. Every computer was wiped clean of data and powerless, with even the chemical backup batteries filled with nothing but heavy water. Only a single body was found, lying on the ground in the middle of the colony, wearing nothing but shorts, as if going for a stroll on a beach, and when the body was returned to Earth, it was noted that he wasn't any of the recorded colonists. A DNA test confirmed that he was the son of two of the colonists, one of whom was eight months pregnant at the time of their last contact with what was to have been the first child born on Ganymede, but how the young man had come to be in his late teens, when he shouldn't even have been born yet, and what became of his parents (and the other 125 colonists) remained a mystery.

It was even more of a mystery when he woke up, a literal Boy Zombie, whose body had no signs of clinical life, save when he touched a living person, and temporarily gained living qualities (such as body heat and circulation), at the cost of leaving the 'donor' weak and exhausted. By touch, he could draw enough energy to put others into a state of stasis that was nearly indistinguishable from death, and once he had 'awoken,' he proved to be animate and communicative, even while his body was 'dead as a doornail.' It was theorized that he could use his powers to draw so much life-energy as to kill someone, but he refused to test that theory, even on cloned tissue. He had no memories of anything that would help to resolve the mysteries of his appearance (or the disappearance of the Jupiter Station colonists), and, after exhaustive and frustrating amounts of research, has been allowed to pursue his own 'life,' as it were.

As a corpse, he's a bit stronger than you'd expect, and surprisingly resilient, although he does not heal damage that he suffers, unless he 'borrows' life-energy from living creatures (and, once he does, he heals at a greatly accelerated rate, particularly if there are multiple donors). He's found these traits, as well as his immunity to various environmental conditions, useful at times, and has some experience doing rescue work, since he can function in the depths of space, the bottom of the ocean, a toxic bioweapons zone, or the middle of a radioactive containment breach, without fear of 'dying' from the adverse conditions.

He's a personable fellow, for an ambulatory corpse who can steal life-energy from other people, and has an assortment of odd friends, who find his condition 'cool,' and volunteer to donate life-energy to him when he wishes to experience things like eating food. At first, he worried that repeatedly drawing life-energy from these friends might be harmful, but the only side-effects he's noted are a tendency to dress in black, smoke clove cigarettes and use words like 'ennui.'

#592912 06/15/12 03:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Running with the creepy 'undead heroes' theme, from Ganymede;

he worried that repeatedly drawing life-energy from these friends might be harmful, but the only side-effects he's noted are a tendency to dress in black, smoke clove cigarettes and use words like 'ennui.'
lol love this side affect!

#592913 06/17/12 01:53 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Random other Dominator 'super-heroes,' from the Dominator Super-Squad Six. (Note, there aren't six of them. They are 'super-squad six' because they are the sixth of the super-squads...)

Puppeteer is small, the size of a child, and has long thin limbs that end in skeletal splayed hands and feet with long talons. His hands and feet have microscopic barbs that allow him to cling to almost any surface, and he has a pair of 'hyper-adrenaline' glands that can give him short bursts of incredible speed, strength and resistance to pain (only about 30 seconds a day, so he has to ration out these bursts very carefully), as well as the ability to alter his coloration and manipulate his body temperature to become effectively camouflaged versus vision and thermal imaging.

But these are all minor secondary powers. His true power is to merge his body and nervous system with that of another that he has touched, causing their skin, flesh and bones to shift and make room for him, and seizing control of their body through direct interfacing with their nervous system. The effect is viscerally horrifying, as his arms thrust deep into the back of his target and emerge from their own arms, as the flesh of their limbs merge, and his own bony hands lock onto their forearms. His legs wrap around their waist and his feet similarly fuse into their own upper legs (for a humanoid target), while his head sinks so deeply into the back of their own head that their face appears stretched and distorted over his own, with his conical Dominator head and sect-mark protruding from the top of their cranium, and his many needle-like teeth showing through their grossly stretched lips, given the 'ridden' victim a grotesque and tormented look of shock and surprise.

Typically, 'on assignment' as a 'Dominator hero' (quelling uprisings on Dominator vassal worlds, oppressing folk, attacking colonies too close to their borders, the usual), Puppeteer 'rides' some large creature, possibly native to whatever world he is operating on, as large and vicious as he can get his hands on (or, more accurately, in), and once that creature is in the thick of things, and taking fire from the local threat, he'll leap clear and seek a new target to 'ride,' leaving the pain-maddened animal to rampage indiscriminately (and probably die, in shock and confusion). He regards his humanoid 'rides' with no more sentimentality, and will discard one with alacrity if the situation looks hopeless, leaving it to die in his place, using a burst of speed and then camouflage to escape sharing its fate.

#592914 06/17/12 02:02 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
Also from the Dominator Super-Squad Six, the only female member of the team;

Photovore, whose powers were adapted from the plant-based biotechnology most comfortable to the Dominator gene engineers of the bio-sciences Sept, has the ability to absorb radiant energy and convert it towards growth. Her body appears skinless, with what appears to be exposed musculature the consistency of grained wood (although reddish-brown in color) and 'veins' of purple-black. When exposed to energy, not merely light, but even heat or electricity, her body explodes into rapid growth, swelling vastly in size and losing any pretense of humanoid form, becoming a massive pyramid of wood-hard 'flesh' with thorny whipping tentacles striking in all directions, capped by her swollen head. Depending on the amount of energy absorbed, and the local conditions, she can easily top 20 meters in height, with a base half that size, and vine-like tentacles that can extent another 10 meters from the base, with the greatly superhuman strength one would expect from that size and mass. She draws upon local resources to augment her growth, and grows fastest in damp areas with plenty of loose material, and yet she is not dependent upon those resources, being able to convert absorbed energy directly to new growth, at a reduced rate, allowing her to function even in the void of space, given an extraordinary source of radiant energy to absorb...

When the need for her vast bulk is done, or she has to relocate to another position, she peels her still humanoid body from the vast mass of extra growth, and leaves it behind, to decay at an accelerated rate.

#592915 06/17/12 02:12 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
The Super-Squad member called Fever is the most reckless and headstrong member of the team, because the experiment that granted him his powers is considered a dismal failure, and he knows that after a six month 'evaluation period,' he'll be 'recycled,' if he doesn't somehow manage to prove his worth...

His body has been seeded with a proteanic retrovirus that recognizes Dominator DNA, and works to sustain and protect it, while tearing apart any DNA that it does not recognize it and converting it into Dominator DNA. The intention was that, by merely touching a non-Dominator with a bloodied talon, or spitting in their face, his viral payload would seep into an alien and tear it apart at a genetic level, rewriting it in mere minutes into a lower caste Dominator minion, slavishly loyal to higher caste Dominators (such as Fever himself), and yet retaining any meta-genetic traits (such as super-powers), turning the powers of alien heroes to the service of the Dominators, permanantly.

The delivery systems worked fine, and his gums and nails seep virus-tainted blood that he can spit or spray at someone with a flick of his fingers up to 30 feet away, with the blood even crawling short distances to infect nearby creatures, programmed to seek out body heat and the chemical traces of other living organisms. The virus even recognizes Dominator DNA and, instead of attacking it, can be used to heal and repair injured Dominators (particularly Fever himself, who regenerates damage at a prodigious rate).

Where it fails, is that the virus does not reprogram the DNA of aliens into servile sub-castes, it merely tears their alien DNA apart, causing them to die a horrible lingering painful death, which, while brutally effective at what it does, was not what it was *meant* to do.

Every time Fever watches his viral payload cause an alien victim to fall to the ground screaming as his body turns against him, he knows that if he does not prove his value through some remarkable success, he too will be torn apart on a genetic level, as the scientists who 'made' him reduce him to cellular soup, in an attempt to find out 'what went wrong.'

#592916 06/17/12 02:27 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
A Dominator telepath can't just be a normal looking Dominator with some Titanian DNA spliced in, because that would be too easy for the genetic artists of the science division.

Hydra is barely recognizable as a Dominator, having been adapted to a centauroid form, with four legs on a stretched body, and a second upper chest where a quadruped's head would be, with four additional arms, thin and spindly, and thirteen seperate braincases.

Behind his primary head (with mouth, eyes and caste-mark), are a pair of similar skulls anchored to his back and shoulderblades, then three more, then two more, then three more, then a final pair, so far down his back that they are anchored on the back and shoulders of his lower tauroid body. The array of skulls leaves him utterly inflexible and without any sort of neck-structure, but the skulls on the outer surfaces have their own small black beady eyes, allowing Hydra to see in all directions without needing to turn his 'heads.'

His centauroid body structure was needed to support these additional skulls, and each contains a brain dedicated entirely to housing a telepathic entity that resembles a bright green eel of psionic energy that snake forth from the tops his 'heads' to strike at distant foes. Unlike a typical telepath, he can telepathically assault a dozen foes at once, bringing to bear his 'full attention' (or, at least, the full attention of one of his thirteen brains) on each target individually. So much of these brains are devoted to housing these 'psychic serpents' that he, despite his thirteen brains, is only three or four times smarter than the average Dominator of his caste, and he occasionally comes across as 'a bit slow,' as he parallel processes between his many brains, and they do not always agree immediately on any given course of action, having slightly different personalities...

His preferred tactic in a fight is to move forward slowly, holding four interlocking durable chitinous energy-dispersing shields in his spindly limbs to protect himself from incoming attacks, while sending forth up to a dozen dazzling green telepathic 'eels' to psychically assault foes. A single 'eel' is enough to possess a mundane opponent, and their eyes turn bright green as they turn their attacks upon their allies, under his direction. When those his serpents have 'possessed' fall to the attacks of their own allies, the serpents writhe free from their bodies and seek out new targets, to continue their sortees. Each serpent has it's own mind, and while they are not individually rocket scientists, Hydra does not have to direct their actions, or 'concentrate' to keep someone under their possession, being free to dedicate his own telepathic skills to coordinating his allies, or seeking out useful information, while his 'serpents' handle their own individual battles.

Hydra has discovered that a serpent can 'die' due to counter-telepathic attack, or the extremely sudden death of the entity they are possessing. When this happens, he is weakened and stunned, and it takes up to a month to replace the 'lost' serpent. He is all too aware of how the scientists would react to this 'flaw' in his 'design,' and so has kept this vulnerability secret.

#592917 06/17/12 02:49 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
The sixth member of the Dominator Super-Squad Six goes by the name Seedling, and he gets pretty snotty if anyone mentions that he's basically the Dominator version of Chlorophyll Kid...

Unlike many of his teammates, he looks like a fairly standard member of his caste and Sept, although he's got a bit of a barrel gut, and his robes have a dozen openings, allowing him to reach the dozen marsupial-like pouch-slits along his sides and belly. In each pouch, a single seed, the size of a walnut, waits, and deeper in his stomach, dozens more await need.

He can toss a seed forth, each genetically engineered to be vastly more dangerous from the deadliest flora of hundreds of different worlds, and use his own powers to cause them to grow with incredible speed, and to continue through their, usually incredibly dangerous, life-cycle at an accelerated rate, by focusing his power upon them.

For nonlethal combat, he prefers to throw down seeds that sprout into roughly man-sized plants called vine lashers that shoot forth entangling vines and drag creatures captured to themselves, where great red leaves wrap around them and secrete toxins that place them into biochemical stasis. (Note that alien biochemistries may react oddly. The plant oxygenates it's captives, for instance, and a methane-breather like Tellus would be horribly poisoned to death by this 'nonlethal option.')

A variation of the same plant, carnivorus vine lashers, engineered to be much more lethal, has paralytic venomous thorny vines, and anyone dragged to the central plant is wrapped up and digested by enzymes and acids secreted by the leaves, instead of preserved.

A radically re-engineered version of a small 'vampire cactus' native to Talokk VIII sprouts under his direction to a meter wide, two-meter high barrel cactus with spines the length of arrows. Easily missed rootlets the size of pale human hairs snake out thirty feet from the cactus, and when stepped on or disturbed, the cactus shoots it's venomous barbed spines, also attached to the cactus by similar rootlets, that, like spider's web, are proportionally as strong as steel, at the disturbance.

The deadliest in his botanical arsenal, death-blooms sprout into elegant trumpet shaped white flowers on curlicued stalks, and the thick glistening red 'berry' that nestles between them is actually a primitive visual 'eyespot' organ. When it detects motion nearby, the flowers swivel and a golden mist of 'pollen' at the intruder. The 'pollen' is actually tiny seedlings, that, under the influence of Seedlings growth-accelerating power, shoot microscopic rootlets into the cells of any warm living body they land upon, voraciously devouring nutrients and liquids from the body. The effect, accelerated as it is, is fatal to a human sized target in less than a minute, and terribly painful, as the body is sucked dry by the ever-expanding mass of plant growth.

Within moments, the living target is a withered husk, it's bones being cracked open by the roots for the nutrients within, and new blossoms are unfurling above the body, a new danger to anyone else in the area...

Recognizing the extreme danger that both Kryptonians and Daxamites posed to their expansionist goals, the Dominion saved their 'best trick' for last. Adapting a Tamaranean vine, the monkey-strangler, which had evolved to be able to draw solar energy from Tamaranian mammals who absorbed it directly, Seedling can hurl a seed that expands into a vine-mass that wraps around his target, and if that target happens to be a creature that stores solar energy internally, the vine rapidly drains, absorbs and metabolizes that solar energy, weakening the target, and causing the vine-mass to grow at a vastly accelerated rate. A Tamaranian struck by such a seedling might well be crushed under the weight of a hundred kilos of plant matter, but a Daxamite or Kryptonian could find themself the center of a mass of wood and vine a hundred meters across, a threat to all around them, as well as themselves, as the tremendous amounts of solar energy in their cells fuel a monstrous explosion of plant growth, while also reducing their own power, leaving them weak and vulnerable. (Without Seedlings power to accelerate their growth cycle, such a parasitic effect might take months to cause harm, making the vine itself not that deadly, in it's native environment, no matter how much more effective the Dominators have made it through genetic engineering.)

Seedling likes to think of himself as leader of the Super-Squad Six, and none of the others seem to care enough to contradict him on the point.

#592918 06/17/12 03:01 AM
S
Set Offline OP
Long live the Legion!
OP Offline
Long live the Legion!
S
The seventh and final member of the Dominator Super-Squad Six is Creche, whose body has become bonded with a spatial rift, allowing him to open a portal to 'innerspace' and release a dozen lower-caste bio-engineered warriors, each covered with chitinous armor, capable of extruding foot-long bone spikes from their palms, and carrying some sort of bio-weapon (guns that squirt acid, organic flechette rifles that throw dozens of poisonous quills, etc.). Creche's 'inner space' is disturbing and has a translucent organic appearance, as if those within it are actually within his body. His lower caste warriors are specially trained to remain mostly unconcious and fetal during 'storage,' and so avoid mental trauma, but other passengers, or those that he deliberately snatches and pulls into his extra-dimensional storage space, are not so lucky, often being traumatized by the experience.

Bizarrely, Creche can draw *himself* into his extra-dimensional space, which seems to have no disorienting effects on his own perceptions, vanishing and leaving behind only a hazy distortion in the air. From 'within' that spatial pocket, he can see dimly what occurs 'outside,' and even more the pocket around slowly, as strange shimmering distortion, that is, for the most part, immune to conventional attack, which he can use to effect an escape, or even pass through solid objects (or, in extremis, transport his entire team into or out of a situation, something they all wish to avoid, as they find the experience as disorienting as anyone else).

While 'inside himself' in this manner, the spatial distortion travels along at a relatively leisurely pace (not much faster than he could run), and is even more disorienting to passengers than normal when he 'steers' it through solid objects, or across the vacuum of space.

He has found occasions to use his portal creation power not only offensively (to absorb and 'swallow' people), but defensively as well, as physical attacks absorbed in this manner do not usually cause him harm (although they may well kill anyone currently 'inside' the space...).

#592919 06/18/12 06:32 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
That Dominator team is so frickin' creepy....I love them all! smile

Page 4 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,964
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Color Kid
Color Kid
Largo, Florida..originally from Champaign, Illinois