Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc. (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
photo references:

BOY ZOMBIE

Click for fullsize image

THUNDER GIRL

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
When I first posted to this thread, I had just joined Legion World, and hadn't realized that the LMBP was an ongoing shared narrative. Since that time, “Ex” has been fleshed out a bit so, a nutshell revision:

Exnihil has no explicit superpowers but, through his interaction with Phineas B. Fuddle, he does have one residual ability that he’s unaware of - more on which later.

Personality-wise - there’s no nice way to say it – Ex is a shyster. Extremely opportunistic, he doesn’t care what the product or event is, if there’s a way to make a buck off of it, he’s there. As a result, the concept of allegiance is a slippery one to him. In the past he’s been alternately been shown to be working with heroes, villains, and those somewhere in between but, at the end of the day, he’s not so much working with them as going along with the most profitable avenue. As a comic-book analogue, I think he’s most akin to the “Funky Flashman” character from Kirby’s Fourth World.

At one point, this sliding scale of morality allowed him to be duped by Phineas B. Fuddle and used as an unwilling participant in Fuddle’s time based schemes. Shunted back and forth across the time-stream, Ex’s mind (unbeknownst to him) sometimes still slips momentarily either forward or backward in time, giving him the appearance of having, alternately, perfect recall or limited precognition.

These episodes, thus far, have been limited enough in scope, that folks (including himself) mark it down to coincidence, but it has allowed him an uncanny ability to succeed in business, building things up from nothing (ex nihilo, as it were), and, for the past couple of years, to herald the winning tickets in the LMB elections (Lardy/cleome and Ram Boy/LASH, respectively).

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh, that is an excellant power.

In your opinions, who is the strongest telepath in LMB universe?

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
I don't know that I ever posted in this thread...too lazy to really look through all the other 12 pages, so:

Dev Em is half Daxamite and half Durlan. So he has all the basic powers of a Daxamite (flight, strength, etc.), but at a mid range level between human and Mon El and the ability to change his features due to his Daxamite heritage. The drawback is he cannot shift his size/weight like other durlans, and cannot totally change into an animal or other creature like Chameleon Boy can.

Also his best friend, and Chewbacca like sidekick is Furball.

Furball is basically our version of the Legions Furball. Strength, agility and quite the ladies man, as they generally love his cuddly tendencies.

Personality wise:

Dev is/was very altruistic and heroic. He tries his hardest to do the right thing, but has been possessed at least once into betraying his friends. Since that time, he keeps top himself a lot more than he used to, and seems to come out of his self imposed funk. He does his best to get along with everyone and has recently rejoining the Security Office.

Furball is a fun loving guy who loooooves the ladies. Loves cuddling and showing them a good time. He and Sharklad have, at it's very best, an extremely antagonistic relationship, which is a shame since they probably could be the most fearsome team on Legionworld. He also talks like scooby doo.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Red Arrow:
Ooh, that is an excellant power.

In your opinions, who is the strongest telepath in LMB universe?

Spellbinder / Princess Crujectra by far. She is a Founder of Legion World as well.

She hasn't been posting as much lately but I hope that changes!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, I have to make a note about it because of how mentally weak my characters can become. Red Arrow's memories are jumbled. Question Kid absorbs other people's memories, so his mind can become cluttered over time with excessive use. And of course like all good 4-point Tournament character sponges, he dislikes his powers and has a degree of angst.

The main difference to the two is the approach they have towards Legionworld. Red Arrow sees it as temporary, and she will go "home" (which explains her recent actions in the fanfiction/Security Council). Question Kid on the other hand sees it as his family. He thinks he owes loyalty to Chief Lardy, who happily embraces him as a "son".

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Power Boy refresher:

Powers ----------------------------------------

Think Captain Comet or Monet from the X-Men, Jakita from Planetary, if a human were extrapolated to it's utmost potential.

Not quite Daxamite or Kryptonian:
strength, super speed, enhanced senses

Enhanced:
agility, dexterity, healing and constitution,

Telepathy:
He can basically read minds or talk to people telepathically

Telekinesis:
Simply force bolts, force fields, and moves objects

Flight (duh)

Energy Absorption / Projection:
He gets his power from somewhere ... I think I will leave this a he absorbs ambient cosmic energy and has lazer vision or energy blasts. Don't want to get to go over the top here with powers.

He's not an energy manipulator or a telekinetic he's more an uber human.

He's got the New God or Eternal power set and he's at that level. Awesome compared to most joe's but like Big Barda or Wonder Woman against Power Girl, he's gonna have to think fast to win.

Technology --------------------------------------

Has some New God technology:

Mainly a Mega Rod: Fires Bolts

Mother Box: (keeping it simple) Teleportation via boom tubes, and is a sensory or analysis device. (I think of a Mother Box as needing to be figured out how to use ... like a computer ... it may be able to do more fantastic things in the future ... or not)

Headquarters -------------------------------------

i'm thinking a nearby asteroid (or belt) ... with a somewhat natural environment (to take away the scary decompression possibility)

Personality / Fighting Style ----------------------------

He's more like a Jakita from Planetary, Monet from X-Men, or Northstar. A secondary character, kinda ruthless, and not feeling burdened or guilty about being so super (like Super man)

Trained on Apokolips, where there's a lot of super strong people ... he had to rely on cunning, strategy, and martial arts, (and he's not quite super boy levels so with so many daxamites and kryptonians around he has to rely on prowess to go toe to toe with them) for example: so he often uses super speed to take down major threats or a lot of threats at one time.

" Why use super strength to punch a bad guy once when you can punch them 365 times a minute at super strength? "

He also uses his enhanced senses a lot to give him almost a precognitive edge in events and battle.

Origin ------------------------------------------

I'm thinking he was kidnapped from somewhere (Genesis or the somewhere) and experimented on on Apokolips and trained as one of Darkseid's elite. He escaped though.

(Which usually means someone comes looking for you)

But a bit awkward as .... what is the relationship between Apokolips and LW .. or the 'Fourth Dimension' even ? [shrug]

maybe he fled through the time stream to a place/time where Darkseid is fairly inactive.

I think it's fine for this to be left a mystery and Power Boy an orphan. PB is still young and newish to all this .. which balances out his uber powers.

After Apokolips, while being a good guy, he positions himself against those who are in power who might exercise too much control .. like overzealous law enforcement.

[ March 01, 2011, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
quote:
I don't know that I ever posted in this thread...too lazy to really look through all the other 12 pages, so:

Dev Em is half Daxamite and half Durlan. So he has all the basic powers of a Daxamite (flight, strength, etc.), but at a mid range level between human and Mon El and the ability to change his features due to his Daxamite heritage. The drawback is he cannot shift his size/weight like other durlans, and cannot totally change into an animal or other creature like Chameleon Boy can.

Also his best friend, and Chewbacca like sidekick is Furball.

Furball is basically our version of the Legions Furball. Strength, agility and quite the ladies man, as they generally love his cuddly tendencies.

Personality wise:

Dev is/was very altruistic and heroic. He tries his hardest to do the right thing, but has been possessed at least once into betraying his friends. Since that time, he keeps top himself a lot more than he used to, and seems to come out of his self imposed funk. He does his best to get along with everyone and has recently rejoining the Security Office.

Furball is a fun loving guy who loooooves the ladies. Loves cuddling and showing them a good time. He and Sharklad have, at it's very best, an extremely antagonistic relationship, which is a shame since they probably could be the most fearsome team on Legionworld. He also talks like scooby doo.

Yeah...I'm gonna be updating this real soon. Things...they are a changing.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Fanfic Lady used to be Fanfic Lass until one morning she woke up and felt more mature. Her power is similar to Kid Eternity's, but she can only make fictional characters come to life.

The feisty Stealth is an excellent hand-to-hand fighter and has the power to dampen the sound in her immediate vicinity.

Ann Hebistand is a reality TV show star in her own head, the kind of person you love to hate. She has the power of nuclear-intensity obnoxiousness.

Deirdre is a nice, non-powered Irish-American lass who has been Fanfic Lady's romantic partner for a long time. She looks a lot like Colleen Doran.

Amora the Enchantress has not been seen at Legion World for a long time. She did, however, return to the Marvel Universe in Avengers Prime, which at one point looked impossible, so a return to Legion World is not out of the question. Her sorcery is near-limitless.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Deirdre is a nice, non-powered Irish-American lass who has been Fanfic Lady's romantic partner for a long time. She looks a lot like Colleen Doran.

hubba hubba!
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

quote:
Originally posted by Power Boy:
After Apokolips, while being a good guy, he positions himself against those who are in power who might exercise too much control .. like overzealous law enforcement.[/QB]

I love your character. Can we do some shipping?
Red Arrow pretty much has the same attitude even though her political leanings are the complete opposite right now.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
THANKS

um yeah sure ....... what's shipping??

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

It's an Internet term for romantic couples in novels (best example being Harry/Ginny or Harry/Hermione). I like how my Red Arrow character and Power Boy both like action. Red Arrow's got a crush on him.

--------------------

rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
My LMBP power? The power to royally p!$$ off anyone. Ask my wife.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Quank Family Capsules:

Abin Quank: Proud possessor of a faux GL Power Ring. It works, but nobody knows why (except possibly Cobalt kid who gave Abin the ring). Abin's use of the ring is wildly inconsistent. Sometimes he's in Hal Jordan's class, but usually he resembles G'Nort.

Space Ranger: Abin's adopted brother. He's a Daxamite. He also loves foot-long chili cheese bratwursts with beer chasers (Usually Micholob). He's legendary for his honesty, integrity, and ability to clear a city block with one silent but deadly burst.

Everyday Girl: Abin's adopted granddaughter. Daughter of Hrun the Barbarian, grandaughter of matlock. Earned her first black belt at age 8. Qualified Expert (On the Combat Course) with her specially modified Baretta VLK Pistols at age 9. Her two personal demons, Nobody and No One, (Who look like mini-versions of Cobalt Kid and EDE when they're visable) aid her in battle.

My Whee Fem: Think Katana from the Outsiders, only with a sarcastic sense of humor. Fiercely loyal to both EDG and the Ranger.

Sam Pureheart: The Security Office Paramedic. Think Archie as Pureheart the Powerful. Tom Terrific has nothing on Sam. But then again neither do the Security Office Files. It's as if he just appeared out of nowhere and stole EDG's heart.

Zardi: [censored]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.