Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc. (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc.
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
My power is the very annoying one of being able to eat non stop and still be skinny.
I also have another, seemingly quite common, power of being able to drink vast amounts of alcohol, sing a karaoke song (badly) and then fall over.
I try to practise it most weekends and so am getting really good at it - although not, alas, at the karaoke part.

Still, maybe, this week.

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, I never posted a power description for me on this thread! Well, here goes:

Lard Lad is a Lard Knight, one of a number of beings throughout our universe who can manipulate the other-dimensional energy field known as the Lard Force. It is unknown why some beings can channel the Lard Force while others can't, but all of those who can are either obese or have somehow otherwise a connection with fat cells (like their parents were obese or studied fat cells, etc.). However, only a very small percentage of people who meet these qualifications are actually sensitive to the Lard Force. The teachings of the Order of the Lard Knights state that each adept is chosen by the Lard Force itself.

The most common use of the Lard Force by its Knights involves manipulating their own fat cells. The most common way Knights manipulate their own cells is through teleportation. Somehow, they can invert their cells through willpower to cause themselves to pop from one place to another. The further the teleportation, the greater the risk to themselves and others they may take along. Knights are trained to focus all the deleterious effects on themselves to avoid harm to passengers. A very strenuous teleportation can cause the equivalent of instant starvation at its completion which requires either quick food replenishment or draining fat from someone or something else through the energy manipulation.

A common attack for Lard Knights is a draining blast which siphons calories, or even fat cells, from an opponent, weakening the opponent. The energy manipulation is also effectively used defensively to create force shields. Many feats involving spacial manipulation seem natural uses to wielders of this power.

All Lard Knights are trained fairly extensively in hand-to-hand combat as well. Sword-fighting has been traditionally taught as the preferred method of armed combat at the monastery.

In his earliest adventures with the LMB the above were the ways Lard Lad used his powers. But with time, he became more and more in tune with his connection to the energy field and learned to broaden his ways of manifesting the power. He's learned that the Lard Force is a limitless source of energy, and therefore, its uses by an adept are limitless. The applications that involve fat cells are the easiest to master, but it doesn't have to manifest with that limitation if one devotes his time to broadening his connection to the source of the power. His master has stated that Lard Lad is potentially the most powerful sentient to ever wield the Lard Force.

Since Lardy expanded his understanding, he has eliminated the limitations to his teleportation to the point that he can teleport nearly anywhere without side effects. He's been able to infuse his own body with the energy to such an extent that he now has a considerable amount of super-strength, enhanced reflexes and a personal force field that self-manifests when he is in physical danger. He creates power blasts of devastating force to inanimate objects where before they were only effective on sentients through the drainage effect. His spacial connection has expanded to the degree where he can sense the proximity of others in relation to himself up to a mile away. He's been fine-tuning this power to both recognize the spacial signature of sentients he knows and to develop a loose power profile of those he doesn't know.

Lardy's weakness has always lain within his own personality defects. He is an emotionally- repressed, highly unstable alcoholic. There have been many extended LMB battles that he could've ended very quickly, but Lardy was either too drunk, too busy whore-mongering, too mentally unfocussed or a combination of these to make a difference. Ironically, as his power has increased, these inner conflicts have gotten worse.

If chronicles of what may await in the future are true, he will succeed in regaining these powers and continue to grow in his power more and more. What does his future hold? Well...you ever hear the old adage about power and absolute power?

[ November 10, 2006, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: LARDLAD ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stu Rat:
Iron Rat is a sorceror whose magic manifests itself with ratlike holograms.

In other words, a deus ex machina power. [Smile]

StuRat, Iron Rat, and STU all seem to have similar powers.

STU's abilities are a bit more evolved, however. He really only has two powers:

1) Omniscience.

2) Omnipotence.

[Big Grin]

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Exnihil, as his name suggests, comes from out of nothing.

He appears, unannounced, from any convenient hiding place (from under a desk, perhaps, or from beneath some hastily tossed laundry), briefly states something with the illusion of pithiness (as though, as another wrote, he were "blowing three or four or five unquestionably sweet and expert notes on a cornet into the room"), then slinks back into his shadow.

He also smokes like a chimney.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
He also smokes like a chimney.

Is it super-smoking? [Eek!]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
Is it super-smoking? [Eek!]

Depending on the brand, it's actually more Ultra-smoking. [Mist Master]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
So he can only smoke one at a time?
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I can turn off my sense of smell when around bad odors.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

I never updated the "Spin"

I found some time back that I could cause materials to whirl and spin at my direction. Commonly the simplest thing to use is the air in my vicinity and cause it to spin so swiftly that it forms a tornado-like vortex, with practice I've found that I can direct these miniature tornados at my opponents using them to different effects.
With great effort the spin can be increased to an intensity capable of breaching the time barrier (it's damned hard) or even the wall between the universes. For instance I once took a small group on a trip to the "Pocket Universe" on a failed mission to recruit the original Superboy)
I can fly!
Cool ain't it?

Spin baby! -heh- It's a good thing I didn't develop this power in an earlier incarnation of myself or I would have totally kicked that robot guys a**!

Yeah, it's not a very subtle power but with more practice I have found some minor uses like causing a very thin layer of air to spin extremely fast and generate heat in sub zero climates.

OK, new guys! Your turn [Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Red Arrow, as the name suggests has skilled archery skills. She also has pretty good computer science skills.

Question Kid the ability to absorb people's powers, skills, and memories through physical contact. This makes him awesome in battle but a bit of a mess in ordinary life. He can be easily exploited by skilled telepaths (lower level ones would get lost in all the other people's memories he has absorbed) and very sympathetic people. He's the son of Chief Lardy's previous incarnation, and their relationship resembles that of Captain Marvel and Osborn in Civil War/Dark Reign.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't know that I ever posted in this thread...too lazy to really look through all the other 12 pages, so:

Dev Em is half Daxamite and half Durlan. So he has all the basic powers of a Daxamite (flight, strength, etc.), but at a mid range level between human and Mon El and the ability to change his features due to his Daxamite heritage. The drawback is he cannot shift his size/weight like other durlans, and cannot totally change into an animal or other creature like Chameleon Boy can.

Also his best friend, and Chewbacca like sidekick is Furball.

Furball is basically our version of the Legions Furball. Strength, agility and quite the ladies man, as they generally love his cuddly tendencies.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I`m back on page 11.

A few things to add though...

dedman is well over 3,000 years old.
He is originally from Cairn.
He currently runs the Fusion Powersphere for Legionworld.
Has recently taken on 3 minions, Heccubus (male, favours green tattered clothing); Succubus (female, very attractive and utterly brilliant); and Autobus (male, likes yellow and black)

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
future king

Powers: Able to defeat his opponent through carefully directed personal gas, thereby rendering the opponent asphyxiated and thus a non-threat. Also, immediate regeneration of dried nasal mucus which hardens to near- indestructable properties which fk can use to hurl at his attackers.

Other: The lower case codename is intentional btw, so as not to draw attention to himself in the 31st century.
Mutant abilities acquired through selective breeding, perfected by the ruling royal family of planet Earth in the 41st century where future king is from.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SharkLad:
From "the Secret Origin of SharkLad" from the old DC boards ...

SharkLad is the perfect killing machine. At seven feet tall, SharkLad is somewhat skeletal in appearance, with an oversized head and mouth. He has a large dorsal fin and eagle-like talons for hands and feet. He can breathe and swim great distances underwater and his body can withstand great pressures. SharkLad’s is a case where his bite is worse than his bark. Along with being able to eat through just about anything or anyone, his “shark bite” is a flurry of projectile teeth, which he fires with remarkable precision. Despite his ferocious appearance and “killer smile,” SharkLad is a loyal teammate and he would never intentionally hurt a fellow LMBer.

And, after my run-in with the Shark Avatar God during a massively cool role-play I can't remember the name of (I think we invaded Taltar), I gained the power to grow to 50 feet by saying "inyuk chuk!" The same phrase allows me to teleport to the vault containing my tank in the basement of the Security Office.

[ March 02, 2011, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It appears I never posted here?!?! WTF dude.

Lash Lad started out as a kind-of Roy Harper-as-Arsenal marksman with a whip and darts.

At some point, following the battle with the Anti-LMB, the reality-warping "retconforce" was transferred from The Living Retcon to Worthless Girl, transforming her into Retcon Girl.

I'm not remembering how right now, but the retconforce somehow got transferred to Lash Lad, which resulted in him accidentally turning himself into a baby in a very very sweet story that featured Seahorse and Crujectra. (I want to find that story! I need a hard copy) The Super-Lash Tot era was thankfully short-lived.

But the retconforce has faded with time, its energies depleted. Some speculate it may have found a new host in Space Tart, as she has demonstrated a then-previously-unseen ability to create objects out of thin air.

Nowadays, Lash Lad has become a bit of a recluse, even though he is current deputy leader, he chooses to stay holed-up in his quarters with Boy Zombie for the most part, and relays messages through his gal Thursday Thunder Girl.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.