Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc. (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: OK, what is your LMBP power? I'm looking at you Jerry, Dave Hackett, etc., etc.
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
No infection, but the Visine bills are killing me. (No tear ducts, you'll notice.) That's why it's going back.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The Secret Origin of Faraway Lad

One day meek mild mannered civil servant Darden Coulthard was walking his two dogs on the beach when his attention was caught by a strange glowing piece of wood. Walking over to it DC dug it out of the sand. It was about 1 foot long, flat with a slight bend in the middle. All along one side the stick was covered in primitive and possibly magical drawings. With the dogs going mad around his feet DC took the only sensible option, with a dismissive flick of the wrist he launched the stick into the air. "There you go girls fetch" he shouted. Imagine his surprise when the stick started to turn in mid air. It turned fully 180 degrees and started to head straight back towards Darden until, with a soft plop, it landed in the sand just behind him. "Hey what do you think of that girls, he said it's a go away come back again stick". For many hours the easily amused man and his dogs played with the "hadawaycomebacker" then DC decided it was time to go home. Not wanting to take the dog drool covered stick home with him he turned and with an almighty throw he launched the stick into the sky. Up, up and up it flew, passing, as luck would have it, through the tail of a small shooting star. Slowly the stick turned and headed back to Earth. Faster and faster it fell back towards the ground and then it bounced off the head of the luckless hero and landed upright behind him. "Ouch" he said rubbing his head and turning to pick up the stick. There was a sudden flash and facing Darden for a fraction of a second was.........his exact double. The vision vanished and then Darden heard “Mine I believe” from a cold heartless voice from immediately behind him. He spun around to see…nothing. "With the magical powers from this stick” said the voice from behind Darden again. Spinning around even faster this time Darden saw again absolutely nothing, “I” continued the voice from behind Darden, “Behind you boy, will rule the world.” "Yelp” and “gulp” went our hero and suddenly found himself and his dogs far far away from the beach. Later sat in his small flat DC ruminated upon this strange turn of events. Then he stood up and pulled the flush. Later that week further strange events occurred which confirmed that his obscure chance contact with a shooting star he had developed Faraway Powers. It was at the office when everyone was discussion the latest scandal. "Why didn’t I know about that" said DC "was I faraway when it was discussed?" At night when out drinking with his friends he found himself sat alone in the corner whilst they were all on the dance floor. “why am I not up there” he would muse "it seems like I seem to be finding my self faraway from things all the time Mmmmmm, that must be it I’ll bet that stick had special powers and has given me super powers, I can never be in the right place at the right time, I'm always too faraway to hear what's happening, I must use these powers for world peace, I must join the Legion of Message Board Posters. The rest is, or will be history

Editors Note. Since that time Faraway Lad has joined the LMBP and even for a brief time served as leader. He has constantly worked to strengthen his strange power and to improve his control over it. He is now capable of sending himself or any attacking projectiles faraway in times of danger. He has developed enough control to be able to teleport his team mates to a specified location within approximately 1,000 yards. Attempts to move further than that invariably lead to random teleports over which he has no apparent control. In time of stress (or to help move a plot line along) he has been known to loose control and teleport team mates to random and strange locations. In one unfortunate experiment, instead of transporting Lard Lad to the Kitchen in Hargas house of ribs in downtown Metropolis, Lardy ended up naked and 40 light-years away in a monk’s cell on the ascetic’s planet of Pekeoutin where the only food was a thin gruel and fresh vegetables and there were no women. It took him 6 months to work his way back to LMBP headquarters. A period about which he still remains tight lipped to this day. Faraway Lad can only send things faraway, he can not bring them back. Therefore unless he is with them it is a one way trip.
A recent development of his powers has been the ability to send the oxygen in the air faraway before it can be extracted by the lungs, or to send the electrical impulses from the brain faraway before they can reach the muscles of the body. Both of these attributes can be useful in subduing enemies but are rarely used due to the distress they can cause. (Both to the victims and those who see the effects)

------------------"We're Legionnaires! Tradition Matters! Our uniforms and code names have always been perfectly fine in the past.” Saturn Girl. LSH V4 41

[ October 17, 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: Faraway Lad ]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
BUMP for EDE. Can one of the moderators here move this over to the Bits forum?

And to everyone else who hasn't posted you power, please do so! What exactly is your super-power? It can be funny (like Super Lad Kid's) or a real comic book power (like mine). Take a look at everyone else's and then see if you can come up with something different!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Done.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Gary [Smile] !
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Aside from turning invisible, I also have the potential to control light in all its forms. I can fire blasts of light, change the colors of objects, and turn myself into pure light and move at light speed that way. y passing through a prism in that form, I can split into seven different beings; but I can only stay separated for an hour before my "selves" begin to fade. And, of course, I can fly.

Why do I have the feeling I've made msyelf too powerful? [Smile] Of course, I still don't have total control over my powers. For humorous purposes, I become a bumbling idiot when I am visible. This is more due to extreme shyness and an inferiority complex then due to any actual side effects of my powers.

[ March 13, 2004, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Doctor One is 2 m tall, gray and bald (kinda like Blok, actually, but dressed in a white lab coat). He looks VERY intimidating , but is utterly useless in combat. His agility leaves much to be desired, too.

His main power is protistological in nature: he knows everything there is to know about unicellular organisms. His usefulness to the LMBP community was proven during the recent Cobie-as-an-amoeba incident.

He also has a strange fascination with the number one. He is working hard to expand his numerological horizons.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
Numf-El a.k.a. K’Numf, Numfy, The Numfster

Powers –

Too many to mention, and most of them haven’t been disclosed / discovered yet.
Has recently found out that he has been genetically created (cloned / spliced) from a large number of heroes and villains from history, most of whom are as yet unknown to him.
Those known are :-
Darth Vader (he gets a croaky voice in a smoky atmosphere).
Captain James Tiberius Kirk (has a strange desire to wear a girdle at times).
One of the Banana Bunch / Splits, although not confirmed which one. But probably not the one with the big trunk……….
Genghis Khan (likes to ride with barbarian whores…….).
Jesse James (Harbinger reckons he’s a big jessie anyway).
Mon-El
Alexander The Great (great at undoing knots)
Adolf Hitler

Plus genes from Supergirl (via Golden Girl) and Darkseid (via Darth Vader).

And judging my his moustache, Freddy Mercury.

Pretty decent at sarcasm and swearing – likes a beer or two.

Poll-dancing powers yet to be confirmed.

Occassionally other clones from the batch turn up to steal his girlfriends and have to be dealt with.

Brother to sonnie boy, old friend of Harbingers.

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I am to plastic, what Cosmic Boy is to metal.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I can do whatever I want to do. I'm especially good at spending money.

[ March 14, 2004, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

It wouldn't be so funny if it wasn't true!!

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
"I" have a 10th level intelligence, which can be boosted to as much as 14th level by feeding on the madness of others - but if I overdo that, I risk going mad myself. Hence, given the right materials, I can build a gadget for almost any situation [Smile]

I can also physically divide people into two - one of which will be sane, one insane, but I make a point of avoiding using that (and have only ever done it once, not least because it's permanent). And if one of the splits is killed, the other will also die.

[ March 15, 2004, 05:41 AM: Message edited by: Sanity or Madness? ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
LMBP powers of Gigglebot Girl. Posted with her full approval and input.

Gigglebot girl is from Earth and is about 5 foot 8, with shoulder length brown hair and a very infectious laugh. She has a happy broad smile and is constantly laughing and singing to herself (not very tunefully). She loves life and she loves having a large group of friends around.

Her power is the ability to render people incapable of moving or fighting or anything through laughter. Sort of like Joker gas, only non fatal. However, the problem with this power is that it is not instantaneous. It can take up to one full minute to take effect depending on how natural grumpy and miserable the other person is. Therefore in order to enhance her combat skills she has taken to using various enhanced lollypops. (think of the Green Arrows gadget arrows or Green Lanterns fondness for forming giant boxing gloves etc. ) she keeps her store of lollypops in two utility belts wrapped around her thighs. However, just to confuse things she does like to suck on real lollypops and will often take one out and play with it in her mouth after defeating the bad guy.

Her costume is mainly blue with red highlights.

An origin story, including how she met Faraway Lad and joined the LMBP is in the works and once I get the next, very busy week or so at work out of the way, I should be able to get the one vision up. In the mean time as long as you don’t go too far away from the above GG says feel free to use her in any story.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Recently, I came across Glitch - a sentient, navy blue, cuboidial "keytool," and, deciding I was worthy to wield it, it affixed itself to my left gauntlet, transforming me somewhat in the process. My seldom-used power to permanently split people in two is gone. However, a black-and-white symbol appeared on my chest, and projects an image of itself over whatever clothing I wear - although I can vary it's size and, to a more limited extent, shape. By touching it, I can temporarily "Reboot" myself into alternate forms, and, by "carrying" the image, I can do the same to others - whether they like it or not!

In addition, Glitch itself is a powerful and versitile tool, able to act as a communicator, reshape (and grow/shrink) itself at my command to mimic many forms and project energy beams (in addition to many other functions). It's only real limitation is it's inability to multitask.

-

[ September 21, 2004, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
So, basically you've decided to give yourself the power to undo anything anyone else ever does. Boy, YOU must have been a treat to play with as a child [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.