Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Novella: The Lord of the Oval (Page 29)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35   
Author Topic: LMB Novella: The Lord of the Oval
Timber Wolf
LMB Black Ops

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Timber Wolf   Email Timber Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
The streets of Weber's World

The members of the LMB and their allies were descending to Weber’s Word.

Kar Em looked around as he landed. He spotted a random ghoul terrorizing a couple of security personnel. They were trapped in an alley, and the ghoul was toying with them. It had killed the third of their group. Kar’s eyes narrowed.

“HEY!” Kar Em yelled.

The ghoul turned and hissed. It dropped the body of the security team and roared at Kar Em.

Kar Em looked up at the creature. It was big, but that did not matter to Kar Em. He stood his ground as the creature charged towards him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Timberwolf and Kalla Hykros landed down the street from where Kar Em had landed.

“Go talk to him Lon.”

“There’s nothing that....”

He was interrupted by Kar Em screaming at the creature. Lon turned towards his fatheer and saw the creature charging him.

Lon began to move. Faster than even Kalla had thought was possible; he cut the distance in half and then stopped.

Kalla caught up to him and opened her mouth to ask why he had stopped when she noticed it as well. Kar Em was shaking. It was subtle, but there were vibrations coming off of him that she could see, and she realized Lon could actually feel them.

“Look, in front of his eyes,” Lon said in a low voice.

“What is that…?”

Before Lon could answer, a blast of heat vision that neither of them had ever seen, let alone thought one being alone could produce.

The creature was simply no more. Kar Em had incinerated it completely, along with part of the street and the corners of two buildings.

Lon bolted to his fathers side as the man collapsed.

“Dad?”

Kar Em looked at Lon, and with tears in his eyes said, “we need to talk about your brother…”

Kalla felt her stomach sink as Kar Em began telling them what had happened.

From: Doing the things that need to be done | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Deep within the bowels of Weber’s World

A long line of people walked into a glowing portal the size of two doors. The portal glowed a light blue and people walked through the line two by two. They only carried a couple bags each that were clearly thrown together at the last minute. A handful of Science Police stood around managing the exodus.

The emergency lighting dimly lit the walls of the artificial world.

Circe thought to herself ‘Finally, they found some teleporters on this planet. Damn Politicians don’t know how many people it takes to keep Weber’s World running.’ She held her rifle at the ready while cooks, shop owners, service professionals, administrators, engineers, and their families walked through the portal slowly. The politicians of Weber’s World had mostly fled on private space yachts before the siege began … or the noble few … stayed to manage the planet while under attack. Of course the upper echelon of politicians had been ordered to leave in order to preserve the integrity of the United Planets leadership.

Those unfortunate enough not to have a private space yacht had precious few escape options, until these two kids were found. What looked to be two 13 or 14 year olds stood holding hands. The hands and eyes glowed blue just like the portal.

“You there, who are these kids.” Circe commanded to a junior Science Police officer.

“Ma’am, they were the kids of a delegate from the Maltusian sector.”

“Were?” Circe asked, long blonde hair flipping as she turned her head. ‘I have to cut this hair Circe thought.’

“UH, Yeah, were, Their parents died a few hours ago, killed by enemies that got past the shield.”

“… and now they’re powering a stargate for people to escape Weber’s World? Tough kids.” Circe said half to herself.

“Yep, they’re a wonder.”

-

………………………………………………………………………..

“AHHHHHHH” One of the twins fell to the ground. The boy twin was on his knees still holding his sisters hand while she still stood. Sweat ran down his face and he looked as if he might be sick.

The portal shrunk to half its size. Passengers jumped back as the portal shrunk. Small surprised cries were let out as people were shocked by the sudden change.

Science Police waved people through, “HURRY!!! HURRY! QUICKLY!!!” They shouted, realizing the portal may disappear altogether at any moment.

Circe quickly strode over and grabbed the male half of the teleporting twins under the arm to life him up. “What’s happened.” She asked.

A space-monkey jumped out of the shadows growling protectively. “RAWRRRR!!!”

Circe took a step back, giving the twins space.

The young boy with jet-black hair and pointed ears replied … “ I can’t keep up. My sister is the teleporter, not me.” He breathed heavily. “I’m super fast … together we can do all sorts of things we can’t do alone” “huff huff” he gasped. “… like, use our powers on others … teleport others through portals but, we combine our brain power to calculate the movement of the universe … in order to get people on the surface of a planet instead of hundreds of feet above the surface, stuff like that.”

The boy sat on his knees, still holding his sister’s hand who laboured on in silence, he gave her his power but his brain was too exhausted to contribute to the wormhole calculations. She was silent, she did the calculations for both of them in her head.

“How long can she keep this up boy?” Circe asked gruffly.

“Not long, she shouldn’t be able to do this, we never tried.” And then he spared a dirty look for Circe. “Look lady … Providing my sister energy is about as taxing as lending her brain power … so piss off.”He blurted out in strained quick words.

Circe looked taken aback and nodded to the boy.

Then she had an idea, and fired off her gun in three quick POP! POP!! POP!!!

“MOVE IT PEOPLE! GET THROUGH THAT TUNNEL BEFORE YOU’RE DARK OVAL DESERT!”

Startled refugees moved quickly and all but ran single file through the small teleportation door … to another world … to safety.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Deep Within the Bowels of Weber’s World

Eyes looked out from a shadowed face at the fleeing civilians. He looked at the armed guards watching over them as they left. They seemed familiar. “S.P.s.”

He was really hungry.

-

………………………………………………

Circe waved more and more people through the teleportation portal. It was only a matter of time before the girl gave out and dropped the portal. “Grife”. It was hot and crowded as ever more civilians crowded in to clearing deep below the techno planet Weber’s World.

Circe didn’t have long to stand and worry over their plight.

KASHOOOM !!!!

The walls and roof shook as a huge crash sounded from down the hall.

“Holy Nass” Circe ground her teeth. She was young to the Science Police but she knew when the sprock was about to hit the fan.

Crowds of civilians all around cried out and some fell to their knees.

Circe waved the other Science Police officers up with her, and she took point. She sure would like to have that half Daxamite officer right now.

Several tense moments passed as she stepped further down the tube towards the sound. They would have to buy time for as many civilians as possible to get through the portal to safety. Funny, she never thought of herself as particularly heroic.

The further she crept down the tube the darker it got.

Until finally …

“HIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS”

-

crunch! The S.P. next to Circe was gone, just gone. She spun in the darkness.

“Grife, How’d the monster get this far deep.” She back peddled. "Where the nass are the LMB!!!"

“HAHHHAHAAAAAAAA” She heard a scream from another S.P. as it was dragged into the shadows.

BAM, BAM, BAM

Circe fired her rifle into the shadows.

“squeeee!” She heard the creature cry out and then … its tail was coming at her.

WHOOMP! She fell across the hallway, something was on top of her. She struggled and got a look of it in the light ….

-

Circe couldn’t scream. She was too scared. A different monster now held her down on the ground. Her S.P.s were dead.

“shhhhhhhhhhhhh” The shadow faced creature said. “its close.”

The first creature slithered by, looking for them in the dark and the dank.

“together yeah” the shadow fanged boy said. Now that she got a closer look, even in the dim light she saw, it was just a boy, with fangs, on top of her.

Circe nodded her agreement. A silent “yeah” and she readied her rifle even on the floor.

whiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the shadow faced fanged boy moved faster than she could follow … and landed on top of the predator. He viciously held it by the throat and sank his fangs deep within its throat.

Circe was caught off guard by the ferocity of the attack but she knew when to fire if she knew anything.

BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM! she fired hotly and fast, sinking as many blasts as she could into the monster … until it dropped, fanged boy on top of it.

He looked even more grotesque now, dripping monster blood, standing over the carcase of a Dark Oval monster.

As the heat of the moment passed, she did recognize him. Hell. He was wearing the remains of an S.P. uniform.

Well, she said she’d like to have that half-Daxamite kid around … now she got him, and he saved her life but … something horrible had happened to him.

As she looked at the scene before her, two dead S.P.s and a rotting Oval monster, she thought ‘something horrible has happened to all of us.’

She reached out her hand and the shadow-faced boy ran to her, clutching it to his chest.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Weber's World Security Office

Gear had been on the ground for a few hours before he finally made his way to the main security station on Weber’s World.

The guard at the desk looked up as Gear entered the building. “I’m sorry sir, there are no visitors to this installation at any time…and even more so right now, all things considered.”

Gear thought of several ways to render the guard unconscious before another word was said, but decided on a different approach.

“The man you have in custody here. The one from the other reality...he’s my father, and I can insure you that it is not my intention to pay him a miss you visit.”

“If that is indeed true, it changes nothing. Nobody can see him.”

Gear had been scanning the facility and had located his father, the other reality Dev Em. He ran some scans from his current position and smiled.

“That’s alright. I just ran a complete brain scan on him and can guarantee you that he is indeed brain dead. There is no activity at all.”

“We know that sir, we have been monitoring him for some time now, and have the records from since his capture in the Dark Oval.”

“I needed to know that though. That man has caused no end of pain in my life. He killed the best friend I ever had.”

“Apparently he killed quite a few on his way to capture as well. It was only the late…” The guard stopped short. Suddenly realizing that if this man was who he indeed said he was, that would mean that the information that had almost slipped out would possibly be devastating in its own right.

“The late who?”

“I’m sorry sir, you’re going to have to leave…”

“No. Not him,” Gear said and he put his hand on the Omnicom that was sitting on the table.

The guard snatched it away, but Gears face told that he had found the information that he needed.

“It’s not fair…I never got a chance to meet him.”

“I had. Several times in fact, when he was stationed here on Weber’s World.. He was an amazing hero.”

Gear smiled at that. “I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him. I have heard a lot about him, and he’s what I think my father could have been like…if things had gone differently.”

The guard had gotten up and was now standing next to Gear. “If it helps any, I can meet up with you after all this and tell you some things that I remember about him.”

“That…would be nice. Thank you Officer…?”

“It’s Officer Cusimano. Gigi Cusimano,” the young guard said with a slight grin.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Naltor,
Epsilon Sector

Tempest hovered about two feet above the floor of the same temple where she had remained since she sent Lard Lad and Cobalt Kid into the realm of the Dark Lord. Her eyes were closed as she concentrated on keeping the frail magical lifeline between the two dimensions intact. She was told that at some point, when a great sacrifice would be required, that the connection would be of dire importance.

Every once in a while, Tempest would receive empathic information from the other side. She could feel moments of intense pain, hunger, surprise and fear from the two men she'd sent into Hell. But she could also feel their commitment and brotherhood for each other rising above it all.

And, heartbreakingly, she could feel Lardy's love and longing for her. In those moments Tempest wished she could just jump through to the other side and hold him and never let go.

She couldn't believe how much she loved this man. Anthony was terribly flawed, but no one could question his heart. He felt with every fiber of his being. There was no conflicting feelings. If he loved you, you knew it. He couldn't hide it, no matter how hard he tried. It was honest, and it was pure.

Tempest tried to suppress her feelings for him for a long time. In truth she realized she had fallen for him almost as quickly as he had for her. But she had been hurt so many times and was so new to finally being her true self that she rationalised that it simply wasn't possible.

And, she had to admit, their chemistry in the sack sure didn't hurt things at all!

Tempest was suddenly interrupted from her meditation by a familiar voice. "Care for some lunch?" the voice inquired.

Temp's eyes snapped open to see the beautiful form of the platinum blond seer Nura Nal, who had supplied her with the spell that sent Lardy and Cobie to Hell. Nura was carrying a tray full of exotic fruits and a delectable-looking salad. Temp suddenly remembered she was beyond famished. And bisexual.

"It's okay," Nura said. "You have to be engaged with the lifeline most of the time, but you can occasionally take short breaks. Besides, you've been meditating with the spell for over a week. Even with your metabolism slowed down in that state, you still need nourishment."

Temp accepted what Nura was saying, but was still reluctant to let go, even if only for a few minutes. She knew that she wouldn't be able to feel Lardy for those few minutes. What if something happened to him? Her stomach protested, though, so she reluctantly descended to the temple floor and approached the table where Nura was already seated with their repast.

Temp devoured the food. It was some of the most delicious fruits and veggies she'd ever tasted, though whether that was due to Naltorian agriculture or the intensity of her own hunger was unknown. Truthfully, she didn't really care.

After she ate beyond fulfillment, Temp suddenly realized she was really thirsty. And as if she hadn't noticed it before, she greedily eyed the pitcher of Naltorian herbal iced tea at the table's center. Eschewing table manners, she grabbed the pitcher and drank straight from it all at once until it was empty.

Nura didn't seem too put off by her guest's lack of manners. She rested her chin on her knuckles and smiled wistfully. "I take it you were a bit peckish?" Nura teased.

Temp's response was a loud BUUUURP! She grinned wickedly, then frowned. She thought of Cobalt and Lardy starving in Hell and was now feeling really guilty for her overindulgence.

Somehow knowing what Temp felt just then, Nura consoled, "it's not your fault."

"Isn't it?" Temp replied as she wiped her mouth uneasily. "I sent them there, didn't I? They're suffering while I make an absolute pig of myself!"

"They wouldn't want you to suffer, Tempest. And you are sacrificing much yourself to help them." Nura looked like she was about to add something else, but looked away.

Tempest didn't miss that. Nura's eyes told her there was more to come. She was sure of it.

Nura felt that Temp would follow up, so she changed the subject. "Time runs differently between this dimension and the Dark Lord's. While ten days have passed for us here, about forty have gone by for Lard Lad and Cobalt."

Temp didn't let go with her notion but was intrigued enough by some other answers that Nura may have that she continued with the line of thought for a moment. "I can only feel fleeting emotions from them, not read their thoughts or see their sights. Do you know what's happened to them?"

"No," Nura replied, "nothing specific. I do know that they near the point where they have an opportunity to destroy the Eye of XXXauron."

"But that's not the end of their quest, right?"

Nura shook her head. "No. If they succeed, the immortality of Priapus will be negated. But he will still live and be unbelievably powerful. They will have their work cut out for them to actually bring about his end, which would then be at least possible. That's assuming they destroy the Eye."

Temp then pressed her advantage. "The 'sacrifice' that will have to be made by Lardy and 'another'....you know what it is, don't you!" Her voice was tinged with anger. "I saw it when you told us about it before I sent them off! I saw it again a moment ago! You KNOW what it is, don't you?"

Nura averted her eyes, "n-no...I said..."

"I KNOW what you said!" Tempest railed. "I ALSO know you lied! I demand you tell me what must be sacrificed!"

Nura closed her eyes. She'd forseen this moment all along, but it didn't make it any easier for her now that it was finally here.

"Yes," Nura resolved sadly, "I will tell you."

"Look me in the eyes while you do so, then." Tempest moved over to Nura's side of the table and Nura begrudgingly locked eye contact with her. The sorrow in Nura's eyes took Temp aback. Suddenly, she wasn't sure anymore that she wanted to know. Her voice shaking, though, Temp said, "tell me, Nura...please."

And Nura told her the truth, everything she knew, never letting her eyes stray from Temp's, even as both women's eyes filled with tears.

When Nura was done, Tempest stood up suddenly and paced the temple and gesticulated, not accepting what she'd just heard. "Th-that doesn't make any SENSE! How could that possibly..."

Nura followed her and embraced her from behind. "I know, I know," she tried to soothe.

"How could you know!" Temp lashed out and threw Nura's hands off of her. "What you said, it's just so unfair! I mean, we didn't even have a chance to--!"

"Yes, it's unbelievably cruel, Tempest...Teresa. But everything I know--it's...necessary."

"'Necessary', my ASS!" Temp yelled back. "I refuse to accept that ridiculously sadistic prediction of yours! And I'll do everything in my power to prevent it!"

Temp turned her back, trembled and whispered quietly, "and I will. For now, I've got a job to get back to."

Tempest moved back to where she had been meditating earlier. She reached out and sensed the lifeline once more. Then, she began to levitate two feet above the temple floor.

Before she closed her eyes, she locked eyes once again with Nura. Nura was trembling and her eyes were filled with sorrow.

Temp couldn't bear to look at her for more than a second. She closed her eyes and reentered her trance. A single tear from each eye rolled down each cheek as her eyelids shut.

[ September 02, 2012, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Weber's World

"Wait, wait, waiiiiiiit! I thought we were all done here? We have a light shield around Weber's World, why do we still have to go patrolling?"

Invisible Brainiac tried hard not to roll his eyes at Spelling Bee's question. "The shield can keep everything out - but it can't destroy anything already inside. And it keeps us trapped here, unless we teleport out. And those two kids that Circe found are pretty tired. So, unless you want something to bite your head off while you're asleep, we'd better make sure there aren't any ghouls left on the planet. Okay?"

"Okay, okay! But maybe you'll reward our hard work with some dinner?" Spelling Bee batted her eyelashes sweetly.

"Maybe," IB said as he flew on ahead.

"Man, she sure can be annoying," Blaze whispered.

"Yeah, but she has a good heart, so I don't want to be too mean to her," IB whispered back. "Besides, she did try to keep me from getting killed."

"Oh, we all did," Blaze whispered back with a grin.

"WATCH OUT!"

"Huh?" asked Blaze as a body flew past them. IB quickly caught her in a light cushion.

"Kinetix?"

"Well, good to see you boys. Thanks for the save. Now hurry - I left Kairos and Danger Damsel up ahead there!"

"Sigh, it was too much to ask for a simple day, huh?" Blaze said.

Danger Damsel ducked as she heard the tell-tale whoosh of metal through the air. She hesitated as she crouched down. How did you fight an invisible opponent?

Over on the other side, Kairos was straining. "Grife, just when I thought I had everything in my stasis field..."

Danger Damsel leaped over to Kairos' side. "Even their weapons are invisible. It's too bad Kinetix isn't here to back you up. Guess I'll have to do."

"But... you can't parry what you can't see!"

"No, but I can shield you from it - with my own body, if I have to."

"But, you're not even invulnerable!"

"I know, but we have no choice. Just cover as much of the area as you can."

"And while you do that, I'll cover you!" Blaze said as he cast a protective ring of fire around them.

"Nice save, Sara," IB said as he flew in with Kinetix and Spelling Bee in tow. "No need for you to be a martyr today, though."

"Is that coming from somewhere?" Spelling Bee said cheekily. Danger Damsel shot her a dirty look.

"So, we have invisible enemies eh? Looks like my expertise..." IB said as he waved his hands. "Ah, here we go, I can track the source of the bending of light and... Gotcha!"

"Oh boy... I almost wish you hadn't done that," Kinetix said as a small army of large, hairy humanoids stood revealed before them. They were extremely tall, probably 12 feet, and inexplicably were smoking cigars. And they had very pointed weapons.

"Eh, shouldn't take long to stop them, how fast can they... YAH!" Spelling Bee jumped back just in time - a long knife flashed through right where her throat had been.

"Overconfident much? Watch each others' backs," Danger Damsel yelled as she slashed through Spelling Bee's attacker. "We have too many opponents. We can't afford to get careless."

"Allow me to take a little pressure off of you," Kinetix said as she, with a wave of her hand, sent the lead ghoul crashing into a few others.

"Not bad," IB grinned. "The Emerald Empress herself could scarcely have done better." Kinetix gave him a curious look, as if she wanted to ask him about the Empress, but IB had already leaped into the fray.

The others quickly followed. Kinetix telekinetically disarmed a large group, while Blaze's flames made the weapons too hot for another group to hold. Spelling Bee's mechanical bees herded them together while Danger Damsel and Invisible Brainiac knocked them out with swords and laser lights. Kairos held the unconscious ones in her stasis field.

"Well, that was a nice little workout. Good job, team!" IB said with a smile.

"Good job?!!" an angry voice accosted them. The stunned heroes turned around to find a little old lady waving an umbrella at them. "You heroes have been fighting these things for days, and more and more of them still turn up! Why don't you stop them once and for all?"

"Ma'am, please, we're doing the best we can. We stopped more of them from coming into Weber's World..." IB said as he put up his hands.

"But what about the ones still here? We're just trying to live out our lives in peace, but we can't even get that! We didn't ask for any of this either," she said as she shook her umbrella at him. "Now that you've taken care of the big threats, why don't you get to making sure we're all safe here?!"

"I... I..." IB didn't quite have an answer to that.

As they flew back to the defense's headquarters, Blaze gently took IB's hand in his. "Hey, are you still thinking about what that old woman said?"

"How can I not? Maybe we're not doing enough."

"I haven't seen you sleep more than five hours a day in the past week. You are doing enough. We're just facing a very large problem and it's not easy to solve."

IB pulled Blaze closer as they flew onward. "I know, but... we really should come up with a final solution soon. I can't help feeling that we're only delaying the inevitable with our shield..."

The group flew on, quietly contemplating just how safe they all really were.

[ September 05, 2012, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Weber's World

A golden sphere surrounded Weber’s World. The force field held fast. The Dark Oval forces, large and small, human, undead, and non-human swarmed around it like a frenzied hornets.

Beasts banged on the force field with tentacles and claws. They howled in frustration. Super powered ghouls flew in patterns seeking a way in. The human collaborating forces from various sectors held back, a battle-wagon released a volley of torpedoes. They exploded against the force field with an impressive vibration but the shield held fast.

………………………………

An anxious quiet had settled over Weber’s World. The LMB had returned from their mission and quickly put down any interloping servants of the Dark Lord that remained on the planet. The artificial planet itself seemed to gasp for air. The siege had taken a toll; buildings were shattered, streets clogged with rubble, and smoke filled the sky.

Jerry and Saturn Girl finally had time to track down certain spies within Weber’s World. Sadly, the jails were full and new arrangements needed to be made. Fortunately, Kar Em and Space Ranger could make cells rather quickly. They burrowed deep within the planet and left dozens of human and non human spies in trenches.

Reflecto looked up at “her” shield, shinning in the sky, she was in awe as another boom sounded from the Oval’s attempt to get in. She pushed her jaw length hair behind her ear and felt proud. She felt like she finally made. “There you go big brother, Hope you’re proud.”

Kent Shakespere looked over the duty roster, now that the force field was in place, he had taken to ordering members of the LMB to rest and eat. It was prudent, only a matter of time before they would be needed again. He saw something out of the corner of his eye, brilliant lights on the other side of the force field, like falling stars.

……………………………………………………….

Space near Weber’s World

The stars rained down on the Dark Oval. Washing away the blackness of hornets surrounding Weber’s World with fire.

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Weber's World

The sky lit up. Reflecto shaded her eyes with her arm. “Please hold, please hold.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………....

Everyone on Weber’s World looked to the sky. Streaks of flame lit up the protective shield.

Kent Shakespere scrambled to the ad hoc war room they had set up in the main senate chamber. He burst into the room.

Rockhopper Lad, Crujectra, Kar Em, Invisible Brainiac, and Abin Quank stood around the center table. Their faces were pale. Kent anticipated that the fire in the sky involved some new attack method of the Dark Oval.

It was a frenetic scene, more and more members of the LMB rushed into the chamber. Blaze and Gear rushed in one by one, and Kalla Hykros and Lon rounded the corner to the door together.

“What is it? What’s happened?” Kalla Hykros demanded, imperious even to the legends of the LMBP.

Crujectra faced her, hair swaying and bosoms rising as she took a deep breath and swallowed.

“Power Boy. Power Boy is with us.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

New Gods burst into the space above Weber’s World. They blazed in faster than light or teleported in with explosives “BOOMS!”.

The firmament rocked as the New Gods joined the battle.

Power Boy flew at the front. Dark Oval forces scattered as the front lines burst into flames as if disintegrating by the mere presence of the New Gods.

The Dark Oval lines retreated, clearing the orbit of Weber’s World.

Three large behemoths fly forward from the depths of the Dark Oval Horde.

One was a giant composed of insect like thousands. Another was an enormous monster of dozens of snakes. The third had three horned heads and an incredible muscular physique.

Power Boy was the first of the New Gods. He drew back, his right hand in the air above his head. Light and energy coalesced in his fist like lightning. All 300 hundred of the New Gods inhaled at the same time … and Power Boy threw the lightning.

The lightning ripped through the sky … and split … three times.

The three behemoths shattered in a burst of white-hot light.

Two were disintegrated instantly, the third, scattered into a thousand insects.

Power Boy drew back again, muscles rippling. Lighting formed, and unleashed, but this time, the light split a thousand times … and each bolt struck true.

Power Boy was nearly swept away. He felt the power and the emotion of the New Gods. They were all connected. Power Boy had to drive, he had to control the tide of power and emotion. Everything depended on it. He held his friends in his mind.

It began.

The New Gods moved forward. As one, they held their hands up palms open. The front lines of the Dark Oval exploded. The first line of New Gods transmuted the Dark Oval to dust. With them, The New God telekinetics burst their Dark Oval enemies from within. The second wave of New Gods, skilled at energy use, fired into the Dark Oval horde.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Power Boy rode the cosmic winds. He wrestled the wave of energy he felt. His plan unfolded. Everything depended on it. He saw the New Gods engage the Dark Oval horde. He organized them by their proclivity. Transmuters and telekinetics went first, disintegrating or exploding their enemies. He paired them with those that were talented at being physically strong. If a Dark Oval enemy got too close, the strong New God stepped in and ripped them apart. Behind the front lines, the energy users fired blasts into the depths of their enemies.

The effect made for the Dark Oval horde being erased, pushed back, decimated into thin air.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Minutes ago

Lolita sat in the command chair of a United Planets battle ship. Her hands gripped the armrests nervously. She waited for the battle to begin. She trusted Power Boy … no that was wrong … she believed in him.

She saw the New Gods burn through the darkness of space from her pre-decided location. Lolita helmed a separate ship from Crusader and Maxx.

The plan was sound. The New Gods would attack the horde from one side while the UP attacked from another, with the LMB and the planet in between. Despite their numbers … the Dark Oval WOULD BREAK!

As the lights lit up and the fight began, Lolita leaned forward in her command chair,

“Engage the Dark Oval horde.” She said, her voice wavered but not with insecurity, it wavered with passion and power.

“Fire at will.”

Crusader stood regally on the command deck of the flagship of the UP. He saw the Dark Oval horde light up as the New Gods began the culling.

He said passionately “FIRE!” and closed his fist for emphasis.

Maxx felt warm as Crusader launched a thousand volleys of UP missiles.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

A calm strength washed over Weber’s World.

“Rise. Fight with us.” It said.

Rockhopper Lad felt a welcome passion and slammed his fist on the table of council hall. “NOW!”

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

And as one, the assembled defenders of Weber's World rose into the sky. LMBers, SMBers, Losers, Space Knights Templar, UP military personnel, volunteer soldiers. Even some conscripted Dark Oval army forces who had surrendered had joined in, happy to embrace freedom and good.

The surviving Lard Knights rose up as well. Though they could not rely on the Lard Force, they had their hearts and their skills.

Under Rockhopper Lad's command they all rose and took their places just under the shield, fanning out into two forces. Half would sandwich the Dark Army between Weber's World and the New Gods; half would attack the Dark Army between Weber's World and the UP Fleet led by Crusader and Lolita.

"This is it," Invisible Brainiac said excitedly. "Our allies have finally arrived. We can win. We will win!"

He looked around and saw that all of them agreed. They knew, and they believed, that they would triumph this day. Though their wits and courage had served them well until now, they also had pure raw power on their side.

Power Boy linked his mind briefly with them. Saturn Girl was astounded; the scale of the New Gods' telepathy was mind-numbing. "I must warn you, my friends. My fellow New Gods tell me there is a vile creature called the Dream-Eater. If it catches you, it can turn you to the dark side."

"Oh, that little thing?" Nightcrawler grinned. "We already took care of that."

Power Boy paused for a moment. "I can see in your minds, it is true. My brothers and sisters commend you. We have never seen any mortals do so well against the Dark Oval. Now please, add your power to ours!"

"Teleporters get ready," Rockhopper Lad commanded. "We must pass through the shield!"

"Hold on a second," Floating Foxlike Creature said. "There, I've tweaked the shield to allow us to teleport."

"Hey, you guys wanna say it together?" Invisible Brainiac asked with a big grin. "It just seems right, with all of us here."

And around him, everyone nodded their heads in assent. Hands crackled with energy; muscles flexed as they held weapons; and brothers- and sisters-in-arms shook hands with respect. This was to be a glorious day in the history of the United Planets, and of the LMB.

A hundred thousand voices raised as one, as the assembled warriors charged into battle.

LET'S GO LEGIONNAIRES!

and a second battle cry followed -

Sweet Ass Sweet!

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

The Battle of Weber’s World

The Dark Oval scattered like sand under the tide. The wave of New Gods crushed them, pushed them back, and wiped them away.

But there was nowhere for the Dark Oval armies to go. Behind them the United Planets fleet held the line. Beneath them, the LMB charged into the Dark Oval fighting with a desperate fury. It was nothing short of heroic.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………......

“CRUSH THEM!!!!!” Power Boy roared at the head of the New God pack. He burned, red flames all around him as he swung his mega rod furiously.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Rockhopper Lad caught his breath. There was horror all around him. This was wrong, so wrong. How long had this battle been going on? It seemed like an eternity.

Several Lard Knights circled around him, protecting the LMB leader for the moment.

The armies of the Dark Oval were trapped. There was no alternative for them. Power Boy had planned this perfectly to crush them, not defeat them. The plan was successful at first, they made huge gains pushing and destroying the Dark Oval army. Now, the Dark Oval forces fought like cornered animals, even the zombies fought with a savage terror.

This was out of control.

Hours later, the New Gods had disintegrated much of the Dark Oval armies. The enormous beasts of the Dark Oval were brought down with New God weapons or strength. Other beasts flew wildly escaping from the battle all together. Zombies and skeletons were shattered almost as an annoyance to the power of the superior New Gods.

The New Gods moved like a burning wave towards the rear lines of the Dark Oval forces, unstoppable.

Power Boy was filled with the New Gods power, it was a collective passion and energy. At the beginning of the battle he had pulled them to fight with this connection, now he was afraid he would be lost to the tidal wave of emotion and power.

He was losing his grip. Up until now the New Gods had flown like a flock or school of fish, in virtual unison made possible by their collective connection. As the New Gods approached the last remaining forces of the Dark Oval fleet, the New Gods scattered like furious ants.

A giant puetrified octopus took Power Boy’s indecision as an opportunity … it grabbed him from behind in a huge tentacle. Power Boy grappled with the octopus, pitting his mighty strength against the gigantic monster.

“Can’t get a grip … nass!” Power Boy tried a different tactic, firing his energy vision into the tentacle wrapped around him.

ZZZAACKKK!!

The Space-Octopus screamed in pain … but did not let go. It paniced, twisted and turned, spinning Power Boy around, they tumbled further and further away from the battle.

From afar, the giant octopus and Power Boy fell into the gravity of a nearby star. They looked like a small shadow against the light of the star.

Lolita brushed her hair out of her eyes. A light smoke and dim light permeated the bridge where she sat at command. Her battle ship had taken some damage but her quick thinking had kept it in the game. She looked at the view screen now, her intelligent mind putting together the pieces of the incredible devastation and chaos around her. The New Gods barrelled through the Dark Oval army, they crushed and scattered the enemy … they were almost towards the rear of the Dark Oval fleet towards … the human forces that manned the warships and supply ships. Lolita, and Crusader had been engaged in battling the Dark Oval fleet up till now but, the New Gods would finish them quickly. Her mind put data together quickly and a conclusion dawned on her almost at the same time a large New God waved a hand and transmuted a Dark Oval battle ship to dust.

“How many lives aboard that ship?” She asked to a subordinate almost in a daze.

“340 … no … 349”

Lolita sat back in her chair, she saw another New God barrel towards a Dark Oval ship smashing through it. The ship was nearly cut in two, it spun and tore apart under its inertia. It wavered and crashed into a U.P. ship, damaging it, and they both spun recklessly through space.

“Order the fleet to fall back.” She commanded.

“Shouldn’t we contact Crusader?” The pilot questioned.

“Order them to fall back NOW! Look at the screen man! We can’t fight in that!”

The bridge crew look at the mighty destruction happening before them on screen. New Gods ripped apart the largest and strongest of the Dark Oval ships like children tearing paper. The entire view screen was filled with explosions and energy displays. The New Gods manipulated the forces of the universe. It was blinding and maddening.

The pilot began to announce a retreat to the U.P. fleet.

Moments later, the U.P. ships had fallen back as best they could. Some were moving slower, being knocked about by the New Gods reckless destruction of the Dark Oval ships. Some unfortunate U.P. cruisers were adrift inside the horizon of destruction.

“How many of our own people would die because of this recklessness?” Lolita wondered. She thought of … killing and death. She blocked out the memories from her mind. She had to do what she did. This was different. She was against a stronger opponent with seconds to act. The human forces of the Dark Oval, collaborators and armies from the planets under its dominion … they stood no chance against the New Gods. This was murder.

The screen changed. The Dark Oval fleet was turning about, crippled ships spun and began to gather, moving away from the New Gods.

The withdrawal of the U.P. fleet had left an opening in space.

“What are they doing?” The young pilot asked. He had blonde hair and freshly scrubbed look about him, it made him seem innocent, Lolita thought.

“They’re running.” Lolita answered.

On the screen, the New Gods paid no mind, they chased after the retreating ships. They chased them down like cats hunting smaller and slower prey.

Lolita stood. She steeled herself. “If anyone would like to abandon ship, I am giving you the opportunity now, no questions asked, no repercussions. You have two minutes to get to an escape cruiser. After that, I am taking this ship in, between the Dark Oval retreat and the New Gods. There has been enough destruction. We’ve won the day, this killing is needless.”

The bridge crew looked around, several officers swallowed hard … and then the young pilot spoke. “I think I speak for everyone, we don’t need those two minutes. I have plotted a course Ma’am. On your command.”

Many of those on the bridge had been opposed to Belisarius and knew that Lolita had been a part of his demise, if not the exact details. They appreciated her.

Lolita felt moved with emotion, her voice almost cracked when she said …

“Engage the New Gods.”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………...

Lolita’s head spun as her ship plummeted across space. The last thing she remembered was moving her ship in between some angry pursuing New Gods and the retreating Dark Oval fleet. There was large one, his eyes glowed and a wave of the hand and her heroic gesture had her ship tumbling across space. She knew she should’ve fired first.

Her young pilot’s head banged roughly against the wall, as the ship tossed them from side to side. Lolita had to get control of the ship, she crawled forward against the g-forces of the fatal spin the ship was caught in. She had to reach the pilot controls …

And then it all just … stopped … gently.

Crusader held Lolita’s ship in his power. “Now that THAT is sorted” Crusader turned his attention to the New Gods. Lolita’s intervention had paused their advance. The New Gods seemed confused, in disorder. There were some angry exchanges. It wasn’t clear who if anyone was in charge.

Crusader flew towards them, power building, ready for a fight.

The LMB gathered opposite the New Gods. Crusader stared them down defiantly. The human forces of the Dark Oval were limping away. More and more members of the LMB joined the gathering in space. The destruction of the battle floated all around them, pieces of ships and bodies littered the space above Weber’s World.

Invisible Brainiac flew in, glowing brightly, this is not how he wanted this to end. Some of the LMB could match the New Gods in power, maybe even take out a few but … there were hundreds and they seemed frenzied by the battle. This was going to be a riot. “How many Daxamites do we have?” He asked himself nervously.

Finally, after long tense moments, Rockhopper Lad arrived. His regal chin held high. Members of the LMB parted as he floated by. He approached the New Gods. Some seemed to growl while others pulled themselves up, composed after the tension.

“What is this? What is the meaning of all of this?” Rockhopper Lad asked, feathers in full ruffle.

From high up out in a space, a form rocketed towards the meeting. It flew down in between the pack of New Gods and the LMB fronted by Rockhopper Lad.

It was Power Boy, his suit blackened and torn from the battle, his face gaunt and serious.

Rockhopper Lad observed that this Power Boy was so different from the man he knew. That Power Boy was supportive, protective, and minor problems seemed to wash off of him like water. This Power Boy before him, only his skin was ageless, his eyes looked far older than before they parted. Was this Power Boy his friend and loyal warrior, or a new Power Boy, leader of a rival and very powerful faction.

Power Boy stared Rockhopper Lad straight in the eyes. And knelt.

“Rockhopper Lad, Leader of the Legion of Message Board Posters I present to you the New Gods.”

Several of the New Gods knelt immediately, including their apparently former leader, the tall blonde woman. Others waited to see who else would kneel. Some knelt nervously, the ones that pursued the Dark Oval forces most fiercely were last to kneel, visibly angry.

“You bring us an impressive force Power Boy.” Rockhopper Lad laid a hand on Power Boy’s shoulder, knelt and kissed him on the forehead.

And for Power Boy’s ears only “Rise, my friend.”

Power Boy rose with a fist high above his head and turned to face the New Gods

“ALL HAIL ROCKHOPPER LAD LEADER OF THE LMB!!!”
The New Gods repeated the chant proudly.

And then someone started it (most likely Invisible Brainiac):

“LONG LIVE THE LEGION!!!”

The Legion of Message Board Posters and the New Gods alike chanted the phrase over and over again, defiant in the cold of space. Their voices sang.

LONG LIVE THE LEGION!

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

The exhausted defenders of Weber's World settled down to a long, long night of rest. There was still a lot of work to be done, such as attempting to contact the homeworlds of the Ambassadors, scaling up of relief efforts, and repair to vital infrastructure, but there was nothing urgent that couldn't wait after a good rest.

Danger Damsel was removing her innermost layer of armor in the locker room. She would have wanted to change in her own room, but she sorely needed a bath and didn't feel like walking the corridors in her towel, even if it was just in the female quarters.

When did she get so shy? Maybe after her time with Invisible Brainiac. After all, the boy had a way of seeing into your soul and really understanding you, yet remaining so mysterious. She felt so exposed and...

"That looks like very heavy armor. need some help?"

Danger Damsel turned around to see Kinetix walk out of her shower stall, fully dressed.

"Did you even shower at all?"

Kinetix laughed. "Psychokinesis. Would you like me to show you?"

At Sara's nod, Kinetix waved her hand and the armor peeled off her, leaving her inner clothes intact. Another wave, and the sweat and dirt coating Sara's face, neck and arms fell off onto the floor.

"Impressive," Sara said approvingly.

"And so were you, in battle. You really kept up with those uf us with powers. So... are you going to IB's thing later?"

Sara hesitated. She'd gotten the invitation, but wasn't really sure.

"Come on, it'll be fun! Angdar and I are going, and of course Blaze will be there. And even Infra Red Lass is going." Kinetix paused at Sara's expression. "Hey, I know it'll be hard seeing him doing... I mean, with... Ah, I just mean it seems like you two are getting along better now. And it'll be fun, just us younger ones."

"Well... if you'll go, I guess I will, too," Sara smiled. "And thanks."

"Awesome! See you there," Kinetix waved as Sara turned to enter a shower. Sara smiled as she began cleaning up. The water calmed her, and she felt she could finally wash her bitterness away.

Unbeknownst to her, another figure stumbled out of the cubicle beside where hers had been.

IB's having a party?! And I'm not invited?!!! were the figure's thoughts. He'll pay for this!

Spelling Bee stalked through the corridors of Weber's World, trying to find Kinetix. She was going to get to the bottom of this! Now, her bees had led her here...

"Are you sure we'll do that later? I'm not very flexible yet."

Spelling Bee raised her eyebrow. That was Angdar!But what were they talking about?

"Oh, I'm sure you'll be fine. You may not be able to stretch much, but you'll wow them with the other enhancements we made. Besides, just watching you stand there will make them all drool," Kinetix said playfully.

Spelling Bee's mind was whirring. Why did this all sound so... so...

She made up her mind to confront the couple now. Taking a deep breath, she rounded the corner...

and bumped into someone HARD.

"Ouch, watch where you're going!"

"Oh Kairos, sorry! I... I mean... I... hey, are you going anywhere tonight?"

Kairos raised an eyebrow and stepped back. She seemed to hesitate. "I... might. Why?"

"Oh, oh nothing. Just wondering if anyone might be throwing a secret party later? You know, a... a... an adult type party, with lots of... lots of crazy things happening, you know, the type that mommies and daddies do when they're in love and..."

"WHATever. I don't know what the hell you're talking about, and I don't think you do either," Kairos shook her head. "Jeez, maybe you'd better get a rest."

"Are you sure? Are you truly, absolutely, 100% sure?" Spelling Bee asked as she leaned forward.

"Hey, I told you I have no idea what you're talking about! You aint' even speaking Interlac," Kairos said. "Now I gotta go, okay?"

Spelling Bee was about to protest when she saw a trio of young men walk past. "Yeah sure BYE!" she said, leaving a puzzled Kairos muttering about space fever.

Spelling Bee's heart pounded as she sent a bee to eavesdrop on her quarry.

"Oh, I just can't wait to party with all of you again," Super Lad Kid smiled as put his arms around his two companions.

"Hell yeah, and now IB has a plus one!" Magnetic Kid smiled. "A very hot plus one!"

"IB's been working hard too," Catalyst King added. "He's all grown up now, and I bet he's grown up in EVERY way," he said with a wink.

"Bet you can't wait to find out," Magnetic Kid teased.

"Aw man," Super Lad Kid said. "With Cobie off who knows where, I'l be the only one of the old Festive Five to be single later."

"Hey now," Catalyst King said soothingly. "When have we ever let that stop us from having a good time? Besides, IB said singles and couples both welcome - there'll be plenty of both, guys and gals too!"

"Yeha, I'm sure you'll find something to enjoy yourself with," Magnetic Kid added.

"Hey, as long as there's booze, I'm sure I'll manage to have a good time," Super Lad Kid grinned. "Of course, you'll lend me your couch if I need it, right?"

The three continued along their merry way, oblivious to the bee transmitting their conversation to a now slack-jawed Spelling Bee. Oh my grife," she was thinking. "How could IB do such a thing?"

[ September 10, 2012, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Spelling Bee used her bees to hover invisibly near the ceiling, outside the room IB had rented.
She just couldn't get her head around what was going to happen inside. She and IB had had some adventurous times, and she knew how crazy he could be, but this was almost unbelievable!

She was shaken out of her reverie by two deep voices.

"I can't believe we're finally going to get to try these tonight!" Blaze said. He was balancing quite a few heavy-looking boxes on his arm.

"Hey, we've been talking about this for a while, and it's quite a big step for us both," IB winked. "I'm glad we get to do this together."

IB balanced the boxes he was carrying on his left arm while fumbling with the keys using his right. Spelling Bee sighed as she watched him flex. How could this beautiful man waste himself so? She flared up as Blaze patted IB's butt playfully. Although Blaze was a breathtaking specimen himself, she couldn't help but think he was the bad influence.

"Wow, this room is even better than I expected!" Blaze said. Spelling Bee quickly sent in a drone to spy.

Her eyebrows climbed towards the back of her head as she checked the monitor to see what it could see. The entire floor was carpeted and the room's perimeter was lined with fluffy cushions. A large table to one side had an array of finger foods (she recognized Earth-style nachos, Tharrian popsicles, Venturan rainbow chips), and another table had an impressive selection of liquor (rare Earth tequila rose, Naltorian Sweet Dreams, Thanagarian Nectar, Imskian Expanding Ale among others). There was a large sound system and lights, and even what looked like a jacuzzi!

"So, you want to try these on for later?" IB's flirtatious voice teased Blaze.

"Mmmm, it would be a good idea to do a test run before anyone else arrives," Blaze's teasing voice replied. "I... hey! It's a bee!"

"Whoa, I'll take care of it. Wouldn't want it to sting your pretty skin," IB said.

Spelling Bee panicked. She had to get her spy out. She hissed into the microphone. "R-E-C-A-OOOOOOOOOOOOMPH!"

She barely stopped herself from crying out loud as something hit her stomach. She clutched it and looked down to see her bee flapping its wings forlornly.

"Nice swatting," Blaze said.

"Down, boy!" IB's voice sounded like he had been tickled. "I'm just practicing for later."

Their voices were drowned out as the door closed, and Spelling Bee realized the room was soundproof.

She hesitated. Should she confront them now before it started, or wait until she had evidence that they couldn't deny?

Her self-debate was cut short as Kinetix, Angdar Fel and Kairos (that lying hussy!) trooped up the hallway, arms full of boxes too. Bee could barely bear to imagine what awful things were inside.

"I'm glad Officer Ralph didn't give YOU any trouble," Kinetix said.

"Hey, I'm LMB now! He always says what a good job the team did with IB, so I guess he thinks I'll be a good girl from now on. But girls just wanna have fun, right? Besides, even if he'd asked I wouldn't have said... You know adults, spoiling our fun."

"Who knows... he might have wanted to join in," Angdar said with a perfect deadpan.

All three laughed as they entered the room.

Spelling Bee's eyes nearly climbed to the back of her head.

Thirty minutes had passed, and Spelling Bee was still debating with herself. No less than twenty-six sentients were now in that room. All were young, no more than twenty-eight sola-years; all were fit and attractive and had fought well in the Defense of Weber's World. And she just couldn't help thinking what so many young, athletic bodies could be doing.

IB and Blaze had even invited their exes, Danger Damsel and Nurse Tina. Weren't they afraid they'd be skewered? And the almost too-young Kairos, as well as a few couples besides Magnetic Kid and Catalyst King and Kinetix and Angdar!

She was debating how to enter when she heard two more voices come along. She froze as she realized who they were.

"Ya big stinker! I'm almost out of energy carrots because you made me wait so long!" Petty Officer Bugs chided.

"Excuuuuuuuuuse me for wanting to be clean and presentable tonight," Petty Officer Marvin replied. "Have to show off the moves, you know!"

Spelling Bee couldn't take it anymore. Bad enough IB was inside cavorting with so many humanoids, but to include a talking rabbit and a half-pint who looked like he belonged in a cartoon?

She rushed to the door as Petty Officer Marvin was about it close it. "Stop, all of you!" she shrieked at the top of her lungs. "For the love of the Super Moby Dick of Space, stop your depravity!"

Twenty-eight pairs of eyes stared open-mouthed at her, and she stared back. She zeroed in on IB and rushed to him. "Stop what you're doing! You're too good to waste yourself like this!"

"Bee... what are you talking about?" IB looked incredulous.

"This... this... this awful party of yours! Those toys, and all these people... I know you're sexy but you don't have to... to... to do things with all of them!"

"Bee... I will play on the XBox 36000 with whomever I want. I don't get what the big deal is."

Bee looked around dumbfounded, and realized everyone was fully clothed and were holding video game controllers.

"But... but... but... I thought..."

"You thought what?"

"You and Blaze were joking about trying out a lot of things..."

"Dance Dance Revolution 150," Blaze said as he stepped forward. "IB and I don't dance."

"And... and... someone was joking about being flexible..."

"Space Twister," Angdar volunteered. "It can be really hard to stretch."

"But... but... why wouldn't you tell me?!" Bee rounded on Kairos.

Kairos shrugged. "IB said it was invite only, best to keep mum."

Spelling Bee turned back to IB. "But... but... all the secrecy, I thought you were doing something nuts. And why didn't you invite me?!"

IB glared at her. "Okay, first, I wanted to keep the numbers manageable. I don't want to run out of food - you know how hard it was to get these with the recent war? And second, I did - check your phone, will you?"

Spelling Bee gulped as she fished out her omnicom. There were three missed calls from IB, and two messages.

"Oh griiiiiiiiiife. I feel so stupid," Spelling Bee buried her face in her hands.

"Hey," IB said as he stepped up. "Just a misunderstanding. Tell ya what, you can have the first shot!"

Spelling Bee smiled as she gulped down her drink. That was the last thing she could clearly remember about the night, as she passed out almost immediately.

IB shrugged as Blaze looked on in concern. "She always did have a weakness for liquor. Hey, who wants to play Taboo?"

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

The party was over, and everyone had left slightly intoxicated and extremely happy.

The room was clean again (not hard when your host can split into 7 selves), and Spelling Bee and all the other drunk guests were back in their rooms with a note from Nurse Tina telling them to take the pill she'd left and not call her in the morning - she'd be sleeping.

Blaze laid back in bed and sighed. "Mmmm, that was a good night. And dancing in public isn't so bad..."

"... when you have someone to look stupid with?" IB finished. They both laughed.

"So," Blaze started as he traced a finger on IB's chest, "I should really thank you for this lovely time."

"I'd like that," IB said as he leaned in for a kiss...

... when they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Ohh, now what?" Blaze said crossly as he jumped up. He opened the door to find one of the boys who'd been at the party earlier. Blaze remembered eyeing him, but he wasn't in the mood now. "Yes, what do you need?"

The guy smiled as he leaned against the doorframe. "Hi, Blaze. IB introduced us a while ago, but he didn't use my code name. I'm from Earth-4, and they call me Salad-Tosser Lad. IB told me to head back here."

Blaze raised an eyebrow as IB slipped up behind him and whispered in his ear. "Surprise, hon."

Blaze's grin lit up as he grabbed Salad-Tosser Lad's arm. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

Blaze and Salad-Tosser Lad were getting acquainted when another knock came on the door. IB patted him on the shoulder. "My turn."

A second later, IB called out. "Hon, it's for you!"

Blaze sighed as he stood up. "Sorry, STL."

At the door, Blaze found a Durlan named Eeyan whom he had met earlier, again at the party. "Hi, Blaze. IB invited me over. We got to talking a while ago and found you both wanted to try some things that I wanted to try too..." the Durlan said as it quickly flowed into a new form - a voluptuous women with chinky eyes and long black hair.

As the door closed, Blaze couldn't help but grin even more.

Blaze was really enjoying chatting with Eeyan and SLT when yet another knock came on the door. This time, he looked over at IB and gave a mock-frown. "What, you didn't think we had enough company?"

Blaze strode over to the door and said, "Well come on in, you..." He paused when he took in the site.

In the doorway were six of the young men they'd met when Chace was arrested.

"Hi Blaze, I'm Park," grinned one with chinky eyes and a mop of black hair that contrasted with his fair skin.

"And I'm Rain," said a second who had the same eyes as the first one, with a darker skin tone.

"I'm Ian," said the one with large liquid eyes, fair white skin and rugged stubble. His smile almost melted Blaze on the spot.

"Johnron," said the next, who looked like Earth Southeast Asian and had impressive ears and what Blaze thought was a cute butt.

The fifth one stepped up, and Blaze couldn't help but notice he had the same skin tone and eyes that IB had. "I'm Mario."

"I'm also named Chace," smiled the last, the tanned one with brownish-blonde hair. "The other Chace and I used to joke about it before I found out he was a no-good bastard."

"Well, why don't you come in and we can talk about what a bastard he was," Blaze smiled.

"Hey all," IB said as he emerged holding a bottle of tequila and a sly wink. "Anyone wanna play king's cup? Each card value in the deck has a corresponding required action, and the last one to do it has to drink a shot. We can change the actions if you want."

Blaze smiled as the six new arrivals seated themselves with SLT and Eeyan at the table. As IB explained the rules, Blaze's grin just kept getting bigger and bigger.

It was early in the morning, and their eight guests had left. Blaze yawned and hugged IB. "Aw hon, that was the most fun night I've had in ages. Thank you for surprising me, my sexy little baby."

IB mock pouted. "Hmph, you seemed to enjoy chatting with this Mario guy a lot."

Blaze tenderly kissed IB's neck. "Oh hon, I only did that because he reminded me of you - but you're way hotter!"

IB puffed his chest out. "I'll say, and don't you forget it! Now, be a good boy and rest while I go brush my teeth."

Blaze settled back into bed and closed his eyes. A moment later, IB pulled him up. "What's up, honey... Oh."

"See anything you like?" IB smiled as all seven of his selves stood before Blaze. Each was wearing a different pair of shorts.

IB Green sidled up to Blaze and pushed him back down onto the bed. "And here is where I show you that I'm still the best, hottest boy for you."

Blaze trembled as he closed his eyes. "Go easy on me, will you? I don't think I can handle seven times you!"

"You'll have to. Now hush," IB Green said as all seven of his selves closed in.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Invisible Brainiac Green woke up as the sunlight streaked in through the window. He sat upright and looked at his six selves strewn all over the room, and at Blaze, sleeping soundly in the middle of the bed.

He smiled. Poor Blaze needed eight hours of sleep a night to function - and likely more after the "workout" he'd gotten!

He slowly stood up. There was much that needed to be done.

Time was he'd have felt guilty about celebrating the end of a battle with a wild party. But he'd been in enough large-scale battles like this one to know that people just needed to blow off steam after seeing so much death and destruction. And the battle may have been won, but there was still a war to be fought.

He staggered slowly and checked his messages. Jerry had replied to his query by sending the LMB leadership a list of the fallen. IB's heart sank at each one.

Brave, noble Tomar-Te.
Dev-Em, proud family man who would never see his kids again.
Poor Disaster Boy, who finally found his place in the world for the briefest of moments before his death.
One of Sir John's bodies... would the poor man ever be whole again?
Taur-El, who may still live... may. And Nike and Atomik, who definitely would not.

And many more, like the nephew of one of the ambassadors... Ambassador Relnic, was it? And so many others, young soldiers holding a weapon for the first time, and innocents who never had...

IB closed his eyes and wiped away the tears that were forming.

But they had work to do.

He checked his messages again. There was one from Rockhopper Lad, in reply to his question:

Dear IB,

Thank you for your initiative. Yes, you are right. I believe it is time for the Fellowship to meet again, and just the Fellowship for now.

Would you assist me in getting everybody together? We can use the room we used when it all began.

Sincerely,

Rockhopper Lad

IB couldn't believe they'd all come so far since it first began, that time when he'd been waiting - invisibly - in that room.

He was grateful they'd assembled such a great group. They wouldn't have come that far otherwise.

His keen mind could picture where everyone was that time, when Cobalt Kid and Lard Lad were briefing everybody... He tried not to worry about them. They must be alright. Nothing could outmaneuver those two... right?

He shook his head. No time to speculate. He quickly drafted a message to the Fellowship members to meet in six hours at the "same place", and encrypted it so only those with the password could open.

Then he mentally went through the list of people to send it to -

Lolita.
Rockhopper Lad, and Hywie the Wonder Beagle.
Power Boy.
Spellbinder.
Cleome.
Hrun.
Time-Teller Lad.
Kalla Hrykos.
Timber Wolf.
Shark Lad.
Helena Handbasket.
Kent Shakespeare.

IB thought for a second, then added Juj. Though he hadn't been present at that meeting, he had definitely been in on the whole thing from the beginning. He left the Covenant members out of it, though - Helena was already there to represent them, and they hadn't been privy to the rest of the plans.

The only ones absent were Cobalt Kid, Lard Lad... and Tempest. He really hoped she was okay. Her enchantment had saved his life, and she was his friend, too.

He read it again, then clicked send.

This was one thing he'd have to leave Blaze out of, for now. He loved Blaze with all his heart, but...

The Fellowship was a unique bond. It had to be only them.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

A reformed Invisible Brainiac slipped out of the room he shared with Blaze. IB had left Blaze a note that he had an important meeting to attend, and "I'll debrief you later, hon [Wink] So get ready!"

He knew Blaze would understand.

Outside, the corridors were a flurry of activity. Not as crowded as they were before, but diplomats, administrators, military leaders, relief workers, medical staff and high-ranking LMBers, SMBers and allies were rushing to and fro. These were the people who knew preparations would have to be made.

IB turned a corner and smiled to see Lolita. "Heyyyy!"

"Hey yourself," she smiled as they hugged. "Listen, I'm busy right now, but I got your message. Let's catch up before or after?"

IB checked his watch. "I'm already drafting a message with everything you need to know before, so 15 minutes before so I can brief you? Then dinner after for personal stuff?"

"You got it. You so have to tell me all about your new boyfriend. You two make a good couple, from what I've heard," Lolita winked.

IB blushed despite himself. He'd had the biggest crush on Lolita way back. "And you... if you want to talk about everything," IB pointedly looked her in the eye so she knew he was referring to her argument with Cobie and her handling of Belisarius, "you know I'm all ears."

Lolita looked at him so he knew that she knew what he meant. "Of course. You're one of the best listeners I know. IB. Thank you, I mean it."

The two hugged again, the kind of hug that only two very good friends could give each other.

As he rounded the next corner, IB chanced upon Jerry. He was looking very unhappy, and poring through omnicom after omnicom.

IB stepped closer. "Jerry, how are you doing? Need any help with the memorials or the relief efforts?"

Jerry dropped the omnicom he was reading and gripped IB's forearms. "Yes, PLEASE! I don't understand how I got roped into this. You know Rocky, he asks you in the nicest way so you just can't say no, and BAM! He's got me and Power Boy doing sprocking desk work! I swear he's secretly a telepath!"

IB didn't know whether to laugh at poor Jerry's haggard look or cry because he knew exactly what he meant about Rocky. He mustered his best sympathetic voice. "Aw Jerry, just means Rocky really trusts you. Tell you what, I can spare five of me to lead relief efforts around, how's that? And I already spoke with Saturn Girl and Harbinger. They should ping you any moment and volunteer to help with the memorials."

Jerry jerked his head as a ping! went off in his omnicom. "Please, IB, please take a look at it. If it's one more request to send a specific LMBer because "he or she is just my favoritest ever," shoot me in the head!"

"Relax, Jerry. It's Saturn Girl, says you can send her the updated list of casualties. She'll get the services organized so you can concentrate on relief efforts."

"Oh thank you thank you THANK YOU! You don't know how much this means to me!"

IB disengaged himself gently from Jerry with a "Five of me will see you in a couple hours," and walked off before he'd get crushed. He began tapping on his omnicom. Mentally running through the list of LMBers and allies, he picked the fifty or so he felt were most inclined to help out and asked them to meet in the Grand Hall in exactly 3 hours so they could organize relief parties.

As he rounded another corner, he dodged just in time as a fist punched through the air where his nose had been.

"I've been fooled by that too many times in training, Peebz," IB smiled at his friend.

"I always did tell everyone but you that you were a fast learner," Power Boy smiled back. "How have you been? Besides having lots and lots of fun, you naughty boy, you?"

"Hey, they are many good teachers in the LMB," IB winked. "And Kid Gravity says I picked the best to learn from, if you know what I mean. Good choice, by the way."

"Not as good as yours. True love like that is hard to find. Now, I'll see you at the meeting. First, I have to go make sure my brothers and sisters do not get bored."

"Maybe you can convince them to help with rebuilding? Their transmutation powers will come in handy. We're meeting with Jerry in a couple hours..."

"Done. Even one of us will be sufficient for this world, but we must make haste. I'll send a half-dozen, at least."

IB waved back as walked on. Before he went too far, no less than Rockhopper Lad and Spellbinder intercepted him. "Doing the rounds, eh, IB? What have you found out?"

IB thought for a moment, then grinned. "Can't fool you, huh? No reanimated dead since we destroyed the Dream-Eater, so it looks like we contained all the particles. The UP military is 100% behind Crusader now. It looks like our optimism is finally rubbing off on the Earth-4 contingent - even their Danny Blaine and Hugh Taylor were seen popping a couple beers. Pov, Quis and Reboot are coming around with regards to Kalla, so I expect the rest will follow suit. The Lard Knights still don't know why they powered up the ghouls, but their powers seem to be working well otherwise. Everything's been happening so fast that most people haven't quite realized just how many New Gods are on-planet, and I'm sure you, Princess, and Kent are seeing to it the politicians don't. And many of our old-time teammates are beginning to see this as a sort of grand reunion, and they're confident all the power and experience we've amassed will see us through to the end."

Rocky smiled and shook IB's hand. "I told you not to underestimate his observational skills, my dear Princess."

Spellbinder smiled back. "I believe I told you the same, my dear Eudyptes. I was there when we admitted him, and I know very well how much attention he pays to detail. Right, IB?"

IB tried hard not to blush as he nodded his thanks. He quickly excused himself, and turned invisible once he rounded the corner. There was so much more to be done, and not enough time in which to accomplish it all.

[ September 12, 2012, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Invisible Brainiac ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 35 pages: 1  2  3  ...  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.