Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice Dean! You really told a cool story with a lot of interesting twists. Well done! Let's see some more!
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Hmm... what's nice is that although Dawny and Drake separated in order for their respective physical healings to take place, it's implied that they still have a lot of spiritual healing left to do, and that they will achieve together.

Exactly! What's fun is that we don't yet know how many bumps will occur along the road. Drake's situation is similar to what many families live with today. He's the father of a child, who's mother he doesn't love or want to be with. How will they arrange all this?

I'm pleased with my idea that there is incredible power on Manna-5, but under the control of a couple of flakes. That was meant to echo real life, too.

Dawnstar has to search her soul to see if she can be with Drake in Dirk's body. Can she kiss Dirk's lips even though Drake is the one bringing them to her?

I really enjoyed working on this. I wish I could spend more time on finished art instead of just rough breakdowns.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for sharing -- it's always great to see someone contribute with an obvious enthusiasm for the characters. I'm definitely interested to see where this goes. Wildfire with a real body though?? I dunno ... I just love the faceplate too much I think.

I'd still love to one day see what finished work from you would look like.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I wonder if he might still wear the helmet even though he doesn't need to?

As for finished art from me, watch out for the Founders Wing! I have a plan...

Thanks for responding DrakeB3003!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I fully enjoyed this latest 16-page story. Many arcs of emotion got across to us in a minimal positioning of several characters. That Dawny swooped in at the end to rescue Drake and his child was elegant, appropriate, and exciting, all at once.

It did have one touch, though, of its being abrupt to me: Dawny wouldn't have reacted to such a sudden reversal of their status quo over many years with a mere "Nice body." Even with being more recently emotionally estranged, even with its being a healed version of a body once used by Dirk, she would have been quite joyous for him about that change.

Sixteen pages can't tell everything, I admit, and that's still only a minor point against your creativity here, Dean.

I can appreciate your storytelling impulse, and I'm glad to see it ... yet I'd still be excited by seeing a more finished version of some of these panels, some day. Such as Dawny staggering at last into the air with full wings and aching grin (and that was a nice transition to the mother's labor). Or Dawny's pulling father and son so adeptly out of harm's way.

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Grey, glad you fully enjoyed the story!

I feel like Drake and Dawnstar still have a lot to get through if they want to be together, however, I honestly think that they can manage.

Thank you for your response. Maybe someday I'll ink and color those "second first flight" pages...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting story, Dean; it shows how life can get a little messy sometimes - but ends with hope. I'd like to see the post-rescue conversation between Dawnstar & Wildfire expanded upon - or continued! They've both changed, but they both care for each other. I could see her saying something curt to Drake - her taciturn way of dealing with many mixed emotions when she first sees him and his son.

Loved the little details you add in - her star on the chain, the burnt Dirk figure as he was in 5YL, the Wildfire symbols reflected in Dawnstar's eyes.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thanks, FC! I'm glad you picked up on those details.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I always seem to be late in getting these in! It's especially hard to follow Dean's amazing story and all the other great poems, pictures, and entries!

A simple pen drawing I did at work. Given a sad background in Paint to make me feel happier. [Big Grin]

-

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey Greybird!

I found these on a website, pretty sure you have them, just checking.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

I donno of any more, but I just love Grell!!!

[Good]

[ January 06, 2005, 06:31 AM: Message edited by: White Raven ]

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
I had the center and right Grell watercolor scans, but not the one on the left. Thanks for posting them! Did you buy any of these as original art? He clearly still relishes drawing her.

(Oh, and thanks for reading my story in Elfwood ... nice to see "wow wow wow"!)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish... but I'll keep my eye open. One of these days I'll have that Dawny page back up so you can snag it.

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's my Lonna Leing contribution as promised on page 2 of this thread:

Click for fullsize image

and the winged version

Click for fullsize image

[ August 03, 2007, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
And I forgot... Shikari has wings too:

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

[ August 03, 2007, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

I know, my Grell's above don't work anymore.... but does anyone have any other Grell winged ones?

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.