Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Wing Wing
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm always stunned by the creativity that abounds on Legion World. These are all fantastic! Dawnstar really is beautiful, and all the depictions bring that out.

Dean's Dawny with closed eyes, facing Shikari - wonder what they're thinking? Very sultry indeed, perfect!

Drake's moment in flight, wings and fringe straight up - eyes on the distance - she must be moving her arms in concert with her wings, something I never considered; Shikari's coloured wing pattern, like an aura or an energy field.

MEL's beautiful manip - love the fringeless, barefoot look and the way the wings curl around her.

Cobie's love poem! which tells her story, and her fans' story!

Kyle Baxter's large, colour-flecked wings, even though I'm still not used to seeing them on Lar!

Minesurfer, that must be the only Dawnstar doll around - where did the wings come from? That must have taken some time to put together all those little pieces, belt, fringed boots. Great result!

Now all we need is old what's his name... Ornitho.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Minesurfer's Dawnstar figure isn't the only one that's been around -- others are sold every few months on eBay. Yet it's by far the best I've ever run across, keeping the fully articulated limbs while giving a unique and kinetic look to her.

Do check out his whole CustomCon Legion set, if you haven't yet ... more tenacity of design, hand, knife, and glue gun than I could ever manage.

Oh, by the way ... wouldn't some permutations of Lana Lang's alter ego qualify for the Wing wing, as well?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I'm always stunned by the creativity that abounds on Legion World. These are all fantastic! Dawnstar really is beautiful, and all the depictions bring that out...

Minesurfer, that must be the only Dawnstar doll around - where did the wings come from? That must have taken some time to put together all those little pieces, belt, fringed boots. Great result!

Thanks for the kind words. Just for the record, they are action figures. Not dolls. I would never play with dolls. [Smile]

Let me agree with your sentiments... There are some fantastically talented people on this forum. I wish I had just a fraction of the artistic talent that some of the people here do, or the gift for story telling. Since I don't, I do what I can and that means I can glue stuff together real good. [Smile]

Actually Dawnstar went together fairly easily. The body and wings came on the same base figure, they are from a Ninja Deathbird (part of the old Toy Biz X-Men line). All I did was boil and pop the original head and put on the one you see; It came from a Psylocke figure. Standard repaint stuff after that. I've got the belt down to a science after having done so many, I pretty much do them while I'm watching TV and hardly realize when I've finished them.

quote:
and from Greybird

Minesurfer's Dawnstar figure isn't the only one that's been around -- others are sold every few months on eBay. Yet it's by far the best I've ever run across, keeping the fully articulated limbs while giving a unique and kinetic look to her.

Oh, by the way ... wouldn't some permutations of Lana Lang's alter ego qualify for the Wing wing, as well?

Again thanks for the kind words...There's actually a Dawnstar that I saw done by Davy in the animated style that I liked very much, I may try and contact him and see if it's alright that I post it here.

Don't kid yourself Grey, if I can do it... anybody can do it. As for Lana... I've got something cooking for Custom Con 11 coming up in a few months (October), I'll post that here to once it's unveiled.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
[The Mighty Macaw]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! Great stuff, everyone, with my faves being Dean's Dawny/Shikari head-to-head, Monkey's great manip (I like the barefoot, fringeless look too!) but ESPECIALLY Mines' "Legionnaires"-style Dawnstar, complete with L-belt. FANfreakingTASTIC!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I didn't get a hold of Chip and Davy, but here is a link to their Animated Dawnstar

Well worth your time to check out.

[ August 03, 2007, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Presenting, a Dawnstar story by me!

Imagine if nobody got whited out at Zero Hour. I dunno, maybe they all just woke up with a headache and found Glorith and Mordru had burned each other out. Anyway, that's when my story takes place...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Didn't someone say something about Ornitho?

Yeah, someone did! I did!

First, the group he was with...

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.