Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
LA has a convention center more than big enough for the con, it's true, but it doesn't have the surrounding infrastructure (meaning hotels and restaurants) to make it feasible.

More hotels in SD only relieves part of the problem, though. The other issue is the convention center proper. The con chiefs are doing their best, but the vast number of attendees is still a major issue.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's the PDF form that was mailed to me in regards to us obtaining a fan table.

quote:
Here is an application for a fan table for next year's show. Please send it
back to me as soon as possible, your opportunities will be much greater the
sooner I receive your application. Please indicate that you are a fan club
on your application.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So do we sign up for? To me it looks like it will be one of the $700 tables. Assuming we pay in full by January.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Get this. The closest hotel I can use my employee discount rate during the con is the Marriott Hotel Tijuana. Situated only a convenient 10 miles away from downtown San Diego.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
And don't bother selling anything. It looks like an additional headache and all that's really needed is a place to meet, IMO.

(Maybe some of us with extra Legion copies (like me) could bring them as giveaways, something like that.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh -- mention the money and everything gets quiet. [Smile]

What would you like us to do? Can we send a check? Are we going to skip it at that price? I figure if we're going to get a fan table, we should probably get some promotional stuff to give away, but unfortunately, that would cost even more money.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'm still willing to chip in for the table. I'm also going to start stocking up on some small stuff, like notepads, sticky pads, etc. that are Legion-y. I'm thinking of having some more stickers made up of the animated logo but don't know if DC would balk at me giving them away. Not like I could afford to have more than 100 or so made anyway.
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
I decided to start looking for a room since I've always heard that accomodations are tough for this. The hotels around the convention center all show as unavailable already. (I imagine many of them have blocks of rooms held by SDCC but I don't know when those will become available.

I was able to make a reservastion (from Wed 7/23 through Sun 7/27) at the HOLIDAY INN SAN DIEGO - ON THE BAY, 1355 NORTH HARBOR DRIVE, SAN DIEGO, CA 92101. Rooms are available starting at $229/night ($219 if you are willing to prepay, which I was not willing to do.) Looks like it's about 1.5 miles from the convention center and it seems to be on a trolly stop which sounds kind of neat (so is the Convention Center) [Big Grin]

Figured I would reserve a room and then see what happens with the rooms SDCC makes available. I can always cancel 24 before scheduled arrival.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, that really ticks me off. The guy at the desk at the Marriott where I stayed said to check back at the end of August -- 11 months. Now I go to the Web site, and see they're already booked. I should have booked Aug. 1. Aargh!!!!!

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Best employee rate is at the Oceanside Residence Inn, 36 miles away for $45 a night. Add a zero to the end and I could stay at the Marriott right next door to the con. No employee discount.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm willing to throw in money for a fan table.

Even if I don't actually go, which I have to assume is a possibility given the hotel situation.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
I'm willing to throw in money for a fan table.

Heck yeah! I'll donate, just get in touch.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm also good for contributing to paying for the cost of the table.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm ready to contribute, who's heading this up?

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
People who've offered to kick in $$ for a table:

Abin
Seymour
Lightning Lad
Miner
FC
Deddy
Yellow Kid

Anyone else? Then we choose a volunteer [Big Grin] to collect the cash (Kent? I PM'd you!) and get this piano moving!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.