Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
icefire
Just like old Times!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icefire   Email icefire         Edit/Delete Post     
Cru your welcome to come to Tennessee anytime!!

--------------------
Let the Fun Begin!

From: tennessee | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, count me in if I live to see 2008.

And I am willing to haul anyone who wants to come with.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I hear they have their own Wal-Mart now. [Big Grin]

That works out well, because I could never vacation anywhere that wasn't in buggy distance of a Wal-Mart [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote Denver.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm going to have to travel a fair bit no matter where it is, but i think that either Orlando or Vegas work best for me (cheapest flights).
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matter-Eater Lad
Pasta La Bismoll!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matter-Eater Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Matter-Eater Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If we get creators to show, we can have Jim Shooter come and then we can fire him.

Tenz
[Matter Eater Lad]

From: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Heck, if it's 2008, why don't we have 2 conventions, a Legion World West in Vegas and a Legion World East in Orlando?

That way, there's something for everybody!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
If we went to Florida, we could always hit Disney's Gay Day, since half the LWers are gay anyway [Wink]

Cobie can be my boyfriend for the day [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Heck, if it's 2008, why don't we have 2 conventions, a Legion World West in Vegas and a Legion World East in Orlando?

That way, there's something for everybody!!!

But, we need EVERYONE to be in the same place! [Smile]

That's part of the fun!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Grey, Scott and Caroline seem to have the most legitimate transportation limitations, I gather, assuming anyone else can overcome $ transport/time issues with three years' notice and planning.

I guess that leans us toward Vegas, Dallas, Denver... maybe Chicago at the farthest (if Grey's trip aligns, that is)? Vee made an excellent case for Orlando, tho... too bad that seems to rule out G,S and C.

Vegas seems to make the most sense at the moment, as it, too seems to be growing toward family entertainment, so many of Vee's Fla points make sense here, too.

While it is a farther trip for our Brits and mainland Europeans, air connections and fare deals should be decent enough.

While the two-meets idea does sound more convenient, it does rather deflate the point. In a way, we're already doing that this year - San Diego and Boston.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Among Denver's virtues:

--Centrality
--Major airline hub
--Major Amtrak stop
--Six Flags/Waterworld (the largest waterpark in the country)
--Red Rocks Ampitheatre
--A huge zoo
--80 different beers brewed there
--skiing and/or whitewater rafting

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Among Denver's virtues:

--Centrality
--Major airline hub
--Major Amtrak stop
--Six Flags/Waterworld (the largest waterpark in the country)
--Red Rocks Ampitheatre
--A huge zoo
--skiing and/or whitewater rafting

You forgot the most important thing.

Mile High Comics!

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Among Denver's virtues:

I think I found my selling point [Wink]

(In all seriousness, I like that people are weighing in. Anyone reading this thread and worrying that a decision will be made shortly, don't be. I figure there are months to come before any location is set, and I'd like to hear more from a plethora of people).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember, I can't go if it's in Canada... [Embarrassed] [Wink]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
Remember, I can't go if it's in Canada... [Embarrassed] [Wink]

That's your own fault!

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.