Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
All-

consider yourselved on notice, with three years of advance notice.

(dramatic pause)
WHEREAS, 2008 will be the 50th anniversary of the meddling teenagers showing blatant disrespect for any meaningful time-travel etiquette or ethics whatsoever,

and WHEREAS, the results of said meddling have resulted in fun characters, good stories and loyal fandom,

and WHEREAS, something truly special must be done to mark said approaching anniversary,

and WHEREAS, numerous members of fandom, particularly Legion World of late, have been meeting face-to-face and realizing that most of us are good, decent people worth meeting and having a good time,

and WHEREAS, no one holds it against me for being the exception, [Wink] ,

and WHEREAS, it's about damn time to have a gathering of ALL of us,

and WHEREAS, six of us representing two nations have already agreed to this,

and WHEREAS, it takes time, and financial and logistical planning to get people from around the globe in one single place,

and WHEREAS, with three years to plan and save, not one can raise a legitimate excuse to the contrary,

and WHEREAS, there are already too many "Whereas"es.

therefore, BE IT RESOLVED that each and every Legion Worlder, past, present and future, is hereby obligated to participate in the ultimate LEGION WORLD'S "50th ANNIVESARY OF THE LEGION" GATHERING in person,

and BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that while it is impossible to find a time and place that is everyone's best choice, a dialogue shall begin immediately to weigh the pros and cons of potential locations and times of year,

and BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that anyone who wimps out will be tracked down and forced to things so nasty that only Pov could enjoy them.

Let the call go out!!!!

[ July 28, 2008, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Kent Shakespeare ]

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
LOL!!!!!!
I could volunteer the "Country Estate" for the Anniversary.

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion World @ Disney World (or Universal) has a bit of a ring to it.

....or, we could do a cruise!!!

....or meet in Metropolis!!!!

....or in NYC so we can invade the DC offices.

Faraway, GiGi, Bevis, et al will have to kidnap Barry to make sure he makes it.

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wouldn't it better to plan it around San Diego or a Wizardworld?
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
Metropolis, Illinois! [Smile] Since they claim to be the home of Superman...

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any good central location so more of us can gather would be great. I don't think we need a con or anything as long as there are enough of us gathering. And three years to plan works out great since I've already promised Caroline we'd go to New Orleans for my 40th next year. I'll need a couple of years to recover from that.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Oklahoma City is about as central as you can get y'know. [Big Grin] ...or we could take over Dallas again.
A con would be incredibly cool 'cause then we might sucker invite some creators too!

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like a plan. lol, three years notice is good too, i'll probally need that long to get enough cash together.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my God... Could this be another event to prise Star Boy from his Australian hiding place?

Surely not!

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Or we could force them down under.

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
We were talking about this over the weekend, and came up with the idea of a huge LMB/Legion World gathering of as many people as possible (from all over). I'm thinknig like 50 or more!

We figured 3 years would be needed to kind of sort out how to coordinate such an event, but I really think it can be managed. This way, people from all over the US could come, as well as Canada, the UK, Australia and anywhere else that people are! Plus, 3 years just happens to be the Legion's 50th anniversary.

If you think about it then, with a group of about 50 or so fans gathering in the Legion's 50th year, that's a pretty good reason for any creators to come and join us. We could at least *invite* the current team, Paul Levitz, Dave Cockrum (if he could make it), etc. and see who turns up. Kind of like a Legion-centric theme, even though the main point of it (in my mind) would be for as many of us to meet in one place at the same time in person.

The two big questions would be:
1. Where? Which would mean this has to be the place that is most accessable to the most amount of people. Which also means that a lot of the cons might not be good, but we'd have to see. Obviously, 3 years is some time away, but ideas are welcome on how to manage this.

A con also might be overcrowded. If we really could get like 50 people together (or more!), we could rent out a hall or reception area somewhere (or a LMBer could even let us use their huge mansion/estate/ranch!).

2. When? Sometime in 2008 is good, but what seasons are good for everyone else? When are people busy with work, school, travel, etc. and can fit in a few days or long weekend into their schedule?

I think this could be a ton of fun! It'd be like our own Legion World/LMB Con!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I love this idea!
Count me in...and let me know where. Meeting some of the gang in Dallas was the best time I have ever had and it truly rocked.
Long live the Legion...lets party!

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
oooh...Ill actually b in the US in 2008
[I Dunno]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
CEDAR POINT!!!

CEDAR POINT!!!

CEDAR POINT!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Dollywood!!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.