Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
once you're a member, you can choose to recive messages as they come, or in daily digests, or you can go to the Yahoo! Groups site for 2958 and participate in the extra features: the polls, calendar, photos and database, and to catch up on messages posted before you joined.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
themostlegendaryheroandLMBerofthemall@largemembers.com

I wonder what mall Cobie is talking about?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
once you're a member, you can choose to recive messages as they come, or in daily digests, or you can go to the Yahoo! Groups site for 2958 and participate in the extra features: the polls, calendar, photos and database, and to catch up on messages posted before you joined.

And you'll know what to call me in San Diego.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

...if he answers his cell phone this time! [Wink]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I worked on some sticker ideas this morning. What do you all think? Would we get in trouble for the "L"?

-

-

-

-

-

[ July 06, 2008, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Suddenly Seymour ]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I like the first and fifth stick the best

--------------------

Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I like one and three best.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Some help here please guys.

First up does anyone know of any NHL shops in either Las Vegas close to the strip or San Diego that are close to the convention centre so Jen can go shopping for her lad.

Secondly anyone know what the tourist rates sterling to dollars are over there, As we were wondering if it’s better to exchange here or there.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
There are no NHL shops in San Diego that I know of...we don't have a NHL team unfortunately (I used to love hockey).

And I'm unsure of the exchange rate, sorry.

Seymour...I'm with Quis. The first and fifth look the best. And I believe (although not a lawyer) that this is fine with DC/Warner as long as you don't intend to sell the merchandise.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Faraway Lad,

Neither Las Vegas nor San Diego have a NHL team. I am sure there are pro shops in both places, but would not know if they carry NHL items.

As for the exchange, has the rate been fluxuating much? You can go to the various web sites of the different banks and see what they have as their rate. If there is not much difference, you might as well do the exchange over there. At the very least, do a small exchange over there so you have some pocket money for when you arrive.

I just did a quick look at two banks, Bank of America & Wells Fargo. Bank of America had a rate of 2.09 US dollar per pound & Wells Fargo had 2.0787 US Dollars per pound. Also different banks will charge different fees for doing the exchange. Personally, I think you should just shop for the best rate and fee in your area and do the exchange before you leave.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
There's an ESPN Zone in Vegas, they would have a variety of sports gear. But since the hockey season is over, I don't know how well stocked they will be.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
I know nothing of the NHL and little about exchange rates, but I remember when I went to London several years ago, I was able to use my bank's ATM card at ATMs over there, and I got whatever the rate was that day.

Quis probably has a good idea -- get some cash over there, but check with you bank or credit card company to see if you can get cash at the ATM in a pinch.

I know the last two times I went, I took a certain amount of cash with me and swore that would be it, but there were so many cool comics. [Smile]

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
when I went to London several years ago, I was able to use my bank's ATM card at ATMs over there, and I got whatever the rate was that day.

Same here, worked all over Europe. Very convenient AND when I compared my bank statements (on-line) to see what exchange rate I obtained, the rate was generally better than if I had walked into the bank or currency exchange and swapped cash or traveler's checks.

I don't even exchange at home anymore. I just hit the first ATM I see at the destination airport.

ETRADE account might be worth opening to get their ATM card. They reemburse any fees charged by the ATM, which can add a couple percent to the exchange rate. I didn't believe it but then purposely used my ETRADE card at my bank then went on-line to check. Sure enough, my bank charged a fee and ETRADE reembursed it. I was so tickled I went and did it again. [Smile]

Credit card purchases generally received an even better rate than if I had exchanged then paid in cash. Very puzzling was a notice I received last winter of a settled lawsuit against MasterCard for over-charging on exchange purchases. They were refunding money for any overseas purchases.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I also favor using ATMs rather than exchanges. Home banks tend to offer decent exchange rates these days, and it avoids the lines and commissions of exchanges.

When I change at home, I usually regret it.

I do recall sports paraphenalia shops in Vegas. Even without a home team, Vegas offers every souvenir available, it seems.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
I worked on some sticker ideas this morning. What do you all think? Would we get in trouble for the "L"?

-

-

-

-

-

No problems on the "L" unless we try to sell them.

I like #2 the least. I prefer 3 and 5.

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.