Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 31)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
All-

I can now order exhibitor badges.

Anyone who has been in communication with me, please commit or back out by Friday, May 2(?), so I don't buy more than we need.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

and, it looks like we will be on the Mezzanine, as I expected.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
For anyone who doesn't peruse other sections of Legion World...

I've got a shop that will make t-shirts with a Legion crest embroidered on them. I can place an order by the end of April, and we'll have them for the convention. Black tees, a variety of sizes, cost is $16 a shirt.

Anyone interested send me a PM.

-

Just a reminder to anyone wanting to order a shirt, I need the request by end of next week. I've got orders from:

Abin
Fat Cramer
Faraway Lad
Director Lad

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Director Lad
aka Sudro Brown II

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Director Lad   Email Director Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
With the recent board problems, I've lost my most recent PMs, which means that I don't have the number to call to cancel my registration in favor of an exhibitor badge and I don't remember who had offered me a hotel room spot. Kent, can you please resend the telephone number and whoever it is I'm staying with, can you drop a line to let me know who I should be keeping in touch with?
Thanks!

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
PMs are lost too? Damn!

I went through and checked that each of the folders had the same amount of files and such. The data is spread across multiple files in multiple folders to protect your information or I'd be able to help.

I restored whatever I had to the best of my knowledge.

[EDIT: I'm double checking now as I'm finding a few files didn't get uploaded. Maybe one of them contains your PM info.]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
 -

Dude--whats that thing comin' outta Ceej's HEAD?!?!? [LOL]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
ANNOUNCEMENT:

I will be going to Comic Con this year. I may be bringing my 14 year old great nephew (if he wants to come and his parents say OK)

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Seymour, I PMed you back but now I'm wondering if it was possibly lost with the board problems? Let me know if you never got it!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

all right, Quis! good news!

27 LWers slated to attend (possibly 28, but I'm not allowed to tell you who!), plus friends, family members, associated Legion fans (such as Klordnyites), so we're officially a mob!

Seymour, if you haven't seen DL's message above, please note it. I've emailed him, but right at the moment I couldn't find your contact info as hotel guru for our gang of four.

I will definitely be setting up the list-serve by this weekend, and will send out invites to those for whom I already have email addresses. Once I get that far, I'll put forward an invite for other attendees to jump on board.

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
I got registered for 5 days - that's a good news - yEAAHHH!!!

But bad news - I am still struggling to find a place to stay...hotels are full. been trying to figure out how to get around...*sigh* so I am still working on it. Yeah I will be alone...costs a lot of money...so had to find the place where I can afford. Will keep you guys posted.

Updated info: Still having a problem trying to find a place to stay. wow - not easy! *sigh* any suggestions? PM me. thanks.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Well we have finally booked the airplane tickets (gosh they were pricy) So our trip looks a bit like this.

20th July fly to Las Vegas arriving 7.52pm (after a 15 hour three flight journey so we may be a little bit grumpy to start with) We go Newcastle to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Houston then Houston to Las Vegas for three nights in the Luxor in Las Vegas. We are looking forward to meeting Scott and Caroline and the rest of you in Vegas.

Travel to San Diego on the 23rd, and we still need to find a cheap way to travel so Sean (and anyone else who might need it) if that offer of a car share is still on we might just take you up on it.

We are staying in the Heritage Park B&B in the old town (www.heritageparkinn.com) in San Diego with Abin and as we are having a bit of a holiday as well as me visiting the con, may be looking to do a bit of tourist stuff including a trip to Mexico if anyone wants to come along. Gigi is asking if any other wives/Partners are being dragged along to see if they want to get together whilst we are in the con.

Leaving SD on the 28th on the 11.45 am flight and a long 17 hour flight home. [Frown]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
17 hour flight home? You might as well reread the entire Legion run to Gigi in case she didn't get enough of it at the con!

PS - Seymour, still trying to get ahold of the San Diego comic con people about refunding regular tickets. Having very little luck so far though I left a message asking them to call me back.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
2 months San Diego - you've been warned!
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I expect to be booking transportation in the next 2-3 weeks.

Not sure about Vegas; the good deals seem to have evaporated.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

The list-serve is finally created. I invited 12 people thus far, people I already have email addresses for.

Anyone else SD-bound, please send me your emails; this is an invite-only group.

This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.