Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SharkLad's tank (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: SharkLad's tank
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Incidentally, our own Thriftshop Debutante is kickin' some ass in the favorite LHQ moderator poll over there.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Bait is appropriate for the shark tank, ain't it?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
what sorta bait ya got in mind? Any riff-raff need taking care of?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Naw, Sharky, EDE just dropped some for my benefit. Clumsy as ever.

I could cook up a tuna melt for ya though if ya want.

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
But you are winning the poll, TD. (At least last time I checked).

Jeepers! You'd think the girl didn't appreciate my attempts to artificially overinflate her popularity for my own amusement!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
this place needs some music ... any requests?

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Mack The Knife might be appropriate. [Laugh Out Loud]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
[Embarrassed] Ooops! (Hit "add reply" before finishing.)

Just let me add my own welcome to the "dorms" Feel free to cruise over to the Villa for a visist when you get a chance.

V

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SharkLad
Advisor

well golly, I forgot all about this place ... seems like a lot of algae has gathered on the sides of the tank ... where's Lucien to help me clean it up ...

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

INUK-CHUK!

aaaahhh ... that's better ... maybe I'll chill here for a while ... I hope Lolita is alright ...

<splash>

--------------------

SharkLad
Advisor

<yawn>

yeah ... definitely feeling better ... time to get back to work ... wonder what everybody else has been up to?

<splash>

--------------------

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<suddenly projected forward in time from last September, Exnihil materializes at a point thirty feet in the air above Shark Lad's tank>

<for the briefest fraction of an instant, the thought crosses Ex's mind that this, his latest projection, is different than the others. There is a distinct sensation of crispness... of awakening... when a time traveler reaches his natural present. But before the thought can fully register, the panic of hurtling downward sets in>

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
H
!
!
!

<splash>

Help!!! Somebody help!!! I can't swim!!!

<ex thrashes around, desperately trying to propel his body forward... to reach the edge of the tank... but to no avail. Flailing, he sinks below the surface>

<he tries to kick his legs to push back to the surface, but the tension of his muscles continues to pull him toward the bottom. Suddenly, he has a moment of clarity: just complete the mission. He knows why he's here. If he can find Phineas's ninth timepiece, he'll be automatically sent to his next destination>

<calm... OK, Ex, he thinks... stay calm>

<slowly... deliberately, ex rights his body downward and kicks toward the bottom of the tank. It's got to be here... the drain grate. Even as he feels his lungs begin to involuntary contract, desparate for air.. he continues to feel along the bottom of the tank>

<ah! There it is. He claws at the grate and it comes loose. with his last push of waning energy he reaches elbow deep into the drain and pulls his target loose... the ninth timepiece. He winds it and, even as he starts to feel his mind go black, he bubbles the words...>

Ni(bubble)ne o'(bubble bubble)clo(bubble)ck!

<again, he disappears>

[ March 23, 2009, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phineas B. Fuddle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phineas B. Fuddle           Edit/Delete Post     
<departing from his Orrery, Phineas fades just outside of Shark Lad's tank>

<he closes his eyes and senses in his mind's eye the ninth chronometer, just inside the drain. He focuses his will and projects his energy toward it... righting a wrong by projecting it backward in time. He opens his eyes>

Hmmph... everything in it's right place... and time.

<He scans about for a sign of his quarry, not yet arrived. Closing his eyes again, he shifts his being one femtosecond into the future... and watches...>

Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

COWABUNGA!

<SharkLad dives into his tank>

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home ...

Hey, something's not right ... somebody's been here ... man, if Lard peed in here again, I'm gonna take a huge chomp out of his arse ...

<splash>

[ March 26, 2009, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.