Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Time-Teller Lad
It's about time!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Time-Teller Lad   Email Time-Teller Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
{Time Teller Lad walks over to Clive}

Hey, Clive! I'm glad to see you again.

{smiles nervously}

I had a great time with you the other day. If you don't mind--that is--would you like to get together again some time soon?

From: The Rookery | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
'Tis wonderful indeed! Far better circumstances for us all to gather than the last time. Hopefully Everyday Girl shall join us too.

I've had many adventures in the galaxy recently in the service of Legion World. Did you know an entire planet worships Caliente and Frio as Goddesses? I'll have to tell you about it, over a nice glass of cider.

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Sir Roy! Hrun! Like where have you guys been?

And before I like forget, Daddy Hrun, you throw that axe anywhere near Gramps again and I'll like kick your big ugly butt!

Now get over here and give me a hug!

And hi to you too Time Teller!

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<to Time Teller Lad>

I'd...like that, Tim, but I've got something weighing on my mind...

<tells him what Lard Lad's up to>

Isn't that crazy? Cobalt Kid's Legion World's greatest hero, Tim! Isn't it beyond ludicrous to even entertain the thought that he has something to answer for?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hrun grabs Everyday Girl in a huge bear hug.

“so pleased to see you” he belches mead fumes into her face.

“We have to fight...much to discuss. time to save” He says then slides down the wall and start to snore. A small rodent runs out from beneathe his chain mail and stops for a second twiching its wiskers at Sir Roy before scuttling off into a darken corner of the office

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports in, in the midst of the gathering>

Clive!

<takes him aside but speaks loudly, unable to lower his voice in this frantic state so everyone hears>

<Clive appears to be humoring him>

Clive--I remember something now...as clearly as if it just happened!

I was at Legion World's core, ready to give my life to reignite the powersphere...and it was working! I gave her everything I had, yelled "Sweet Ass Sweet"--but then a window opened...an opportunity to 'port out in time before I died--but then it suddenly closed!

As I struggled to reopen it, I realized a magnetic field was blocking my escape! And then a message was somehow channeled through the field--it was Cobalt's voice! He said, "Lardy, old buddy, you're too powerful--and too smart--to live. Can't let you be here to stop me when I...expand my influence! Hey, at least you died a hero...like you wanted."

<shaking>

The last thing I heard was him laughing uncontrollably. And then...I...died.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<rolls eyes>

Are you sprocking through, 'Dad'?

<turns to everyone else at the gathering>

Do any of you need any further proof that my old man's off his rocker?

<faces Lardy again>

Cobalt would never do that to you! You've either completely lost your mind, or you're somehow a sprockin' imposter!

<turns back to the others, who watch in shocked silence>

What do you think guys? Should we take him to the looney bin or lock him up here in a cell?

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<looking shattered>

You're supposed to be my son, and you treat me like THIS?!?!

<looks at the others>

Won't someone here listen to me?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Mr Lard Lad... We were all like there when Mr Cobalt sealed the power-sphere...

It didn't like happen that way... the way you say. He tried to save you... He really like did try to save you...

We like need to get you some help. Maybe Doc One can give you something.

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I trust you Lardy, but I trust Cobie too. And, quite frankly, that doesn't even sound anything like something Cobie would say.

Lardy, you've been through a lot. Perhaps you need to take it easy for a while. Britney has a good idea. Dr. One might be able to help.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<calms himself>

Look, Rocky--is it okay if I call you that? I know I used to when I was...well, me and all but...

<Rocky nods>

Thanks. You are one of the ones who has been most kind to me since I came back. So please, hear me out before you call the head-shrinkers.

How well do you really know Cobalt? I know you feel you know him and that he's a friend...I get that. But how well do you know him--his heart, his soul?

Surely, you've noticed that he's always holding something back...that he's never totally upfront with what's on his mind...that there's always some facade that he never totally peels away?

Okay, maybe you can make that argument about everyone, but it's not everyone who wields the kind of power he does! Have you not once questioned the extreme actions he's taken, the decisions he made? When he launched a huge offensive into Dark Oval territory after the Invasion, did you think that was a peaceful move? Was that the right thing to do right after hostilities ceased that could've destroyed Legion World? Wouldn't the Head of Security first be most concerned with bringing order to his planet after it had been threatened?

I've read up on Cobalt and have an instinctive feel about him I can't explain. Are you aware that after his first couple of years with the LMB he was kidnapped multiple times by beings so evil their names are rarely even whispered? Have you not researched and seen how the audacity of his aggressive acts have escalated since he returned from those long periods of captivity? Am I the only one whose eyes are open wide enough to see this? Doesn't anyone suspect that the torture he experienced from those beings put a dark mark on his soul?

If he isn't answerable for his actions, then what are the limits of what he will do? How far will he go before it's too late?

Rocky, I swear to you that I speak the truth also about what he did to me. Cobalt Kid killed me, and he did it so I wouldn't interfere in his plans.

If you will agree to at least take my claims seriously and look into them, I will believe you. Give me your promise, and I will gladly submit to whatever medical attention you think I need. I trust your word, Rocky. I know if you say so, you will do it.

What do you say--have we a deal?

--------------------

Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, have you read the Security Files on you?

There's a few thousand pages of the things you've done and the stuff that's happened to you. You and Cobie have a lot in common.

<Throws a computer disk on the table in front of lardy>

You say you've lost your memory... Try reading some of your history. Maybe it'll bring some of your memories back.

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
In other words Lard Lad, back off! Cobalt stuck by you when everyone, including many of us present, thought you had crossed the line! He's never professed to be perfect, and in fact enjoys when his friends remind him so, but he's never been anything less than good!

And to bring up Dr. Hoffman and the Dark Conan...you truly must have flipped your lid.

<breathing heavy, trying to calm down>

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<bows head>

I have read it. ALL of it. Every single thing I could get my hands on. I don't remember any of it. Sometimes...I hope I never do.

I know I'm not without sin, Miss, uh, Wee Fem--I never claimed I was. But I never wielded the political and military power Cobalt does.

I simply want him held accountable.

And Miss Jailbait Lass....I'm aware there is no one more loyal to him on Legion World, probably moreso than Crujectra in your own way, but have you ever really thought about your boss's actions? Have you never thought he went too far? In your heart I think you have felt that way at times.

<turns back to Rocky>

Well, Rocky? Do you have an answer for me?

[ April 08, 2008, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
{Rocky is quiet for a moment}

Lardy, we Pyngwynyy value peace and have a history of neutrality--rather like the nation-state of Helvetia on your world. It took many years for us even to join the United Planets. You and Cobie are both my friends and I will not violate the trust either of you has given me.

On the other hand, I know he would never do anything to hurt you. He considers you his very best friend in the whole universe.

I've also learned to trust Clive's instincts. Your "son" is a fine young man and if he feels something is amiss, I have to take that seriously.

But, if it will get you to submit to treatment, I'll talk to Cobie myself.

Now would you please see the Doctor, Lardy?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.