Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 49)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
<opens door>

Good, sorry it took a while to get together but it's been a real nuthatch around here. What have you got? I know you've been working some angles. It's time to compare notes... Antique weaponry... chronologically displaced suspects (Jailbait Lass told me you were trying to run down the Tomahawk character.) We've got to connect some dots here.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
first I gotta show you something ... even Lolita doesn't know I have this ... it's Lard Lad's sword ... he asked me to bring it to you ... this other sword here and the tomahawk, me and Lolita found these in hidden in the O.K. Corral along with a "John Doe" we brought to Medicus Two ...

something about "John Doe" doesn't smell right ... whoever left him for dead at the O.K. Corral tried a little too hard to cover-up "Doe's" identity ... like they wanted Doe out of the picture but didn't want everybody to know Doe was out of the picture ...

unless I got this all screwed up, "John Doe" is the Election Tyrant ... somebody doesn't want this election to happen any time soon ... but if it doesn't, there's gonna be a lot more bloodshed ...

Lolita is waiting for us at Cafe Cramer ... you ready to connect some more dots?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. The election? Now we've got a political angle to this too? This smells fishier than the chowder at the Evil Genius Supper Club. There's no way to keep this under wraps long. Let's get down to Cramer's. I haven't had a cup o' her java in month of Sundays anyway.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
cool ... I could use a latte ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
So who exactly is in charge of the Security Office?
Is there a chance of meeting with somebody NOT in a coma, dead or functionally indisposed?

I kinda figure this might be a good time to marshall our forces and make a co-ordinated effort to get the bad guys, kick some butt then throw a party..in that specific order by the way.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! If you're gonna like throw the party last you'll never get the full like support of the Security Office.

And with Gramps off being a Corporate Tycoon, Mr. Gramps-lock out on the streets like shakin' m' down an' kickin' butt, Uncle Spacey on probation until we figure out if he is or isn't really the one and only Space Ranger, and Mr. Cobalt in a coma that like leaves me in charge.

You got a problem with that?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

You're a little shorter than I was expecting but what's that got to do with anything anyway?

My only problem is the Security Officers all running off on their own missions and scattering themselves across Legionworld.

It's really not my call, I'm only a leadership candidate not the Leader, I am a senior Legionnaire though. I think the best thing the acting head of security could do is call an organizational meeting and assign the necessary tasks to the appropriate staff.
We need crews to approach this methodically (which I realize is not a normal LMBP trait).

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Mr Yellow Kidder if you'd like just be so kind as to explain to me what it is you think we should concentrate on... I'll like take calling an organizational meeting under advisement and junk like that.

I mean we have investigations following up on several possibly related crimes.

Mr Gramps-Lock is leading the investigation into the shooting (or is it darting?) of Mr Cobalt Kid. He's being assisted by Lolita (aka Jailbait Lass) and Shark-Lad.

My Wee Fem is the Lead Investigator on the murder of Clive Taylor (aka Virgin Lad) she's being assisted by the Space Ranger, and Mr Gramps-Lock. But because of some delicate territorial issues involving the Pyngwyny Consulate and Mr Rocky-Hopper's obstinate like interference in the normal investigative process, that investigation has hit a severe like snag.

I'm leading the investigation into the assault on Mr Sir Roy.

And Mr Shark-Lad is like chomping at the bit trying to find out who the John Doe found in the wreckage of the OK Corral is.

So like was there another investigation you like wanted us to start?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

No, I'm just asking you to co-ordinate and keep some of us Legionnaires in the loop.
I realize there's a concern that this is internal, that we've been infiltrated and now we have to root out the traitor (again). It's pretty important though that if we have to move outside LMBP circles that some of us be briefed so we can prepare for a potential fight with outside enemies.

One of my team is already tied up guarding Medicus and another is scanning communications for suspicious encryptions and anomalies leaving US a bit short staffed.

The last thing we need with limited resources is different teams duplicating each other's efforts.
You're not in this alone, some of the older Legionnaires are actually quite competent no matter what you youngsters think but we can't work in the dark.

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! Mr Yellow Kidder, you're like absolutely right... So I'll tell you a few things that are bothering me...

1. How was Mr Lardy Butt Lad re-animated? If (and this is a big IF) it was triggered by his 5000th post like he says then does that or does that not point to a Computer Tyrant connection?
I don't know the answer to that question and Mr lardy Butt Lad dismisses it out of hand.
But Mr Rocky-Hopper isn't helping things either by giving Mr Lardy Butt political asylum and shielding him from the Security Office's investigation. I mean it's not like Mr Lardy Butt's big ol' sword has the victim's blood all over it... Oh wait... Yes It Does! And There are no witnesses to that sword being in anyone other than Mr Lardy Butt's possesion on the night Mr Virgin Lad was murdered.

2. How did Space Ranger return to life? I mean I love my uncle but c'mon... All the evidence points to him just waking up in his grave, pushing back the cover of his mauseleum and reporting back to work... What's wrong with that picture?
And come to think of it just how could the Red Bee's poison kill a Daxamite anyway? Was he really in a coma? Doc One just doesn't make that kind of mistake.
And speaking of the Red Bee if the LMBP is under attack shouldn't we be like at least thinking he just might have something to do with this?

3. Who shot Mr Cobalt? Don't even get me started on the list of possible suspects here... If we assume it's a man then Gary Concord, Slim, and Mr Lardy Butt are at the top of the list.
But if we look at the list of possible female suspects... we have to conclude that a veritible who's who of LMBPers have a motive and unfortunately they all have the same motive... Mr Cobalt got around just a little... was one of his many lovers fed up with playing 2nd, 3rd, or 47th fiddle in the L.W. All Girl Jugg Band?

4. Who jumped Mr Sir Roy and why? What purpose did that serve? I doubt it was random cuz there ain't many henchmen that powerful (or that dumb). No, somebody wanted to keep him away from something... WHAT?

5. If mr Lardy Butt didn't kill Virgin Lad who did? and why? Yeah, he was getting a litle annoying with his moral purity crusade but that's no reason to kill the guy... In fact who (other than Mr Lardy Butt) had a reason to kill him? Mr Rocky-Hopper? He was more than a little annoyed by the way Virgin Lad was treating young Time Teller Lad... and what about Time Teller Lad? Could Clive have pushed him too far? I've a pile of questions for people holed up in the Pyngwyny Consulate to answer and sooner or later they'll have to...

Is that enough info for you Mr Yellow Kidder?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Yk
between boots

That's enough to start with little one. The reason I asked to start with was to find out what kind of progress is being made by Security agents.
Who or what is obstructing the questioners and why?

Rocky's been an officer in the past and I would think he should be willing to cooperate if we can get those pesky rivalries out of the way.

I can get one of my own agents working on the Computer Tyrant question. He has some connections on Colu that might be worth checking in with.

Reboot has been quite capable of stopping Red Bee in his tracks before, it might be a good idea to see if he's willing to pitch in again.

If your group will concentrate on Cobie, Clive, the Ranger and the Royal Inquisitor then we can compare notes again in a few days and see where we're at.

Sound alright to you?

We have at least one or two other options but personally I hate using time travel unless it's an emergency. It attracts too much attention from the wrong sort.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<'ports just outside the Office doors, pauses, walks inside to front desk>

I'm turning myself in. <holds arms out in front> I murdered Clive.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod!

<Automatically Cuffs Lardy. Then looks down at the cuffs with a small wry smile.>

This is kinda like cuffing the Space Ranger... Those cuffs are good only as long as you want to leave them on... We both know that.

So why did you do it?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<hanging head> I dunno, Britney...I guess I'm just one of the bad guys....just lock me up, already.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Zzumbitzch.
Hell just froze over again.

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.