Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 47)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Lolita
His Girl Friday

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lolita           Edit/Delete Post     
<opening up boxes and throwing them aside>

At last...here they are! The missing tapes from that fateful day, almost a year ago! Now I can see for sure that Cobalt didn't kill Lard Lad.

At least, I hope that's the case. Cobalt grows more distant each day...

Its not safe to play them here; the Office of Security has long been compromised. I'll have to find another ally who can help me see what information the tapes may have...

From: Right by Cobie's Side | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lolita? It's Rockhopper Lad. You asked me to come by, right? What's up?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Time to get this place back up and running.

Especially if Virgin Lad thinks he can just declare Martial Law and cancel the upcoming elections...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Get Gladys the Sentient Disco Ball in here... I've got a job for her...)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod, Like move it people...

If you're not involved with the transport of Mr. Cobalt then priority ONE is finding the following people and bringing them in for questioning:

Gary Concord

Lard Lad

Clive Taylor aka Virgin lad

shenu

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
As a long time security officer, I must protest the questioning of Lard Lad ... what suspicions have you?

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! Sharky, he's like had a history of fueding with Mr. Cobalt including like a couple of knock-down drag-out fights and he's made threats in the past.

And we don't like know if this is some outsider trying to weaken the LMBP by taking out it's most powerful members, which would make him a prime target.

And anyway we just wanna like talk to him. We want to find out if he knows anything we don't know.

So like quit like gnashing your teeth at me and go like find him.

Like Right Now, Sharky!!

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
<In the alley next to Clive Taylor aka Virgin Lad's Apartment Building. Lt Hutch Starsky, Head of CSI for legion World, is supervising a crew of investigators. Standing with him are My Wee Fem and Jailbait Lass.>

Lt Starsky: Space Ranger is transporting the body to Medicus Tower in a Stasis capsule.

MWF: He's still alive after having his hand chopped off and being thrown out a 14th floor window?

Lt Starsky: Not that I could tell but you know how Spacey is... The body was still warm so he thinks Clive might have some spark of life left in him and if any Doctor in this universe can bring someone back from that close to death... it's Doc One.

JBL: Yeah, Doc One's proven that to be true more than once...

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
well, as long as you just wanna talk to him ... I'll see what I can do ... but if this goes screwy at any point, I'm coming after you ...

VVVVVVVVV
Everyday Girl
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

<splash>

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<suddenly, in the shadows of the trees outside of the Office of Security, Exnihil winks in from the future. He looks around to get his bearings and sights his past self uneasily swaying toward toward the front doors. The past Ex looks rather the worse for wear: his shirt-tails untucked, an unseemly stain down the front, a four-day facial hair growth, cowlick askew in a disheveled fashion. Future Ex grows pensive as he watches his past self>

Oh my god, I know this day! This is the day just prior to the one I just left... this is where I tried to confess to the Cobie assassination. I think I'm beginning to sense a pattern.

<suddenly he gets an idea. Franticly he reaches inside his jacket and takes out a pen and paper. He scrawls something hastily down, looks again at past Ex, and makes up his mind>

It's now or never... HEY... EXNIHIL!!!

<past Ex looks over to the shadows and squints. He's not quite certain of what's going on but, in his drunken state, wanders over anyway>

Who're you? <he slurls> Whaddya want?

<future Ex, making sure to stay obscured by the shadows, holds out the paper>

Listen, Ex, I need you to do me a favor. Take this... no I don't have time to explain... listen, I know you've got business of your own, but it's very important that you give this to the Office of Security.

<uneasily, past Ex takes the paper. He drunkenly sways, confused, but beyond the point of caring>

What? No... you know what... fine... I don't even care... whatever, buddy.

<Past Ex stumbles off again toward the Security Office, as future Ex watches sadly. He whispers to himself>

I pray this works

<He bends down and digs about a foot into the ground. Again he pulls out an aged pocketwatch, winds it, and reburies it in the ground>

Six o'clock, Phineas.

<Future Ex disappears>

<The double doors to the lobby of the Office of Security swing open. Past Ex stumbles uneasily to the front desk where the on-duty clerk is busy with paperwork>

Ahem.

A...HEM!

Hello. I... uh... I'd like to turn myself in.

I... uh... have certain... information... regarding a campaign-related assassination attempt on one "Cobalt Kid".

Oh... and some guy wanted you to have this...

<he hands the paper to the desk clerk... takes an uneasy step backward... and promptly passes out>

<the desk clerk looks down at the crumpled form on the floor before him, shakes his head, places the paper into a huge pile in his in-bin... then goes back to his paperwork>

[ March 22, 2009, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! Is he wasted on Diet Coke? Like who the heck gets wasted on Diet Coke?

Put him in the infirmary and call Doc One... Maybe he's got some like real medical problem we don't know about...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

SharkLad
Advisor

<SharkLad bursts in the door>

Everyday Girl, there you are! Before I go out hunting for Lard, I gotta ask ya ...

Say, what's Exnihil doing on the floor?

Ex, buddy, wake up ... c'mon, we can crack this case ...

<SharkLad struggles to lift Exnihil off the floor>

Hey man, next time take it easy on the Diet Coke ... that stuff'll kill ya ...

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Ohmygod! Sharky! A couple of redshirts were just about to put Exnihil in the infirmary. And My Wee Fem is getting Doc One to check him out...

Now like what did you want to ask me?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?

shenu
Falsely accused

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shenu   Email shenu         Edit/Delete Post     
<call comes to the front desk. No one answers>

The Machine: All security officers are currently occupied, please leave a message after the beep

<BEEP>

Hmm...exactly the sort of lax organization I intend to fix. Never mind, I will take care of this myself...

--------------------
Through the sands of time
an ancient evil unleashed
I come to end it
its path of destruction

From: undisclosed | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
MY did you trace that call?

Get the info to matlock.

He's out on the streets... Your ring will lead you to him...

(Follow his lead My and you'll learn a lot)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3-G
If looks could kill..

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3-G   Author's Homepage   Email 3-G         Edit/Delete Post     
Attention agents of the Security Office.

Virgin Lad was just pronounced dead by the attending physician on Medicus. You no longer have a mysterious assault to solve, you now have a murder investigation on your hands.

I'll see to the preparation of his body to be moved to the morgue. Please inform the appropriate authorities to prepare a place on Shanghalla.

I'm very sad and I'm going to cry now. Find the killer before we have two funerals.

3G out.

--------------------
I'm too sexy for my shirt.

From: Brightonopolis | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.