Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences (Page 43)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  64  65  66   
Author Topic: 2008: the ultimate MEET-UP at San Diego: wrap-up, pics and sharing experiences
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm so happy to have met so many LWers today! It was lots of fun... I'd go hunt down some SDCC exclusive toy (Santa Bender!), then return to the mezz to see who else was there. I think everyone is out having dinner together, but I failed to join, returned to the hotel early due to sheer tiredness. Hopefully I'll meet more tomorrow!

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Have you guys seen STU yet? I expect he'll be wearing his Underdog outfit.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
STU=sometimes transparent Underdog

I just left most of the gang whooping it up on a hotel rooftop, too sleepy to continue. Cobie should finish his hit list tomorrow by 4 p.m. - then what, I shudder to think.

Semi, why aren't you here? Bring the dogs, I'll dog sit.

We miss everyone who couldn't make it to S-D. Of course, we are having a lot of fun gossiping about you.... [Fat Cramer]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Nancy, if I were there with the dogs, I'd hire a dog sitter and not miss the opportunity to take you to a fabulous dinner.

As for why I'm not there ... I'm working and my free time is spent at dog shows now. I've got 4 dogs, 3 of whom are being shown. (I know it sounds like "Best in Show" and to tell the truth, ... I'm no Parker Posey! [Big Grin] )

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
For anyone who hasn't heard yet...there will be a group photos for all Legion Fans at the Legion World table Saturday morning at 10ish.

Everyone is welcome to join us if you're in town!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I ache because the second meeting of the Legionwrolders' double-fisting cl
ub went triple! Pictures and details to follow when I don't have to type on an iphone.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
We went for shots after you left - me, Cobie, CJ, Cali, and sorry dude I forgot your name. Stupid bars start to close down at 1:30, and we found one place that sold shots up until 2. So we stayed until 2.
Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
luckily Cobie doesn't know the way to Tijuana or you'd all be MIA for the rest of the weekend (at a minimum).
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Thanks to Gigglebot Girl, Abin Quank and everyone else who helped clean up the terrace last night.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

31 of us have met up so far (not counting Professionals, other than Mechana), but not all in one place at one time (19 is the largest at once that I know of, at the rooftop pizza party last night):

Scott
Caroline
Nightcrawler
Mogli
LEGION-John
Ravenette
Quis
Faraway
Gigglebot
Cramer
me
Director
Actor
Rockhopper
Seymour
Mechana
Abin
CJ
Monkey-Eater
Outdoor Miner
Superboyddrjr (I did not meet [Frown] )
Michael Grabois
Dinner Damsel
Quiet Darkness (I did not meet [Frown] )
Rokk Steady
Exnihil
Vu
Cobie
Cali
Sir Tim Drake
toddschoonover

as far as I know no one has actually met Askanipsion yet? Hope she shows for the group photo.

also, several lurkers have stopped by to say 'hi.' You (and other lurkers) are always welcome to dive on in and join us here!

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

AHA! A bunch of LWers left their Con bags in our hotel before going out drinking! We have quite a cache of goods we've already put on Ebay!

We also have lots of Con badges to scalp!

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Kev!

-  -

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Apparently STU's there, too, and made his first post in over two years!!! Did he not go to the rooftop party? His post implied he hung out with some LWers. If not on the rooftop, who did he meet up with?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
STU is sitting right next to me, Lardy. He exists, but he has no face--kinda like Mano. He was on our roof last night too.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
I was there as my alternate identity, Two-Fist.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 66 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  64  65  66   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.