Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod!

Clive! You may be like Deputy Leader, but you're way like out of line here.

Lard-Lad, I don't know where you got the idea that being reinstated as a Security Officer was a matter of filing some paperwork.

Security Officers are appointed for life.

You died. Your appointment ended when you died. Just like Unc... I mean Space Ranger's did.

But Space Ranger willingly submitted himself to an extensive battery of tests to verify he is who he claims he is.

You've never done that.

You want to be fully reinstated? Fine!

Change places with the Space Ranger, undergo the testing process. Not just the psychoanalysis, the whole gambit of tests.

Then I'll take your claims more seriously...

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Brit, did you investigate?

And if you didn't why didn't you?

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(And if you did...)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod!

I'm like sorry, Unc... I mean Sir... or Mr Space Ranger... I don't know what I'm supposed to call you at work...

But like I'd rather not discuss an open investigation in front of two of the persons of interest to that like investigation.

Can we like have this conversation in your like office?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
But Space Ranger willingly submitted himself to an extensive battery of tests to verify he is who he claims he is.

You've never done that.

You want to be fully reinstated? Fine!

Change places with the Space Ranger, undergo the testing process. Not just the psychoanalysis, the whole gambit of tests.

Brit, that's already been done. I can show you the location of the files that document it. You really haven't done your homework, have you?

quote:
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
I don't know where you got the idea that being reinstated as a Security Officer was a matter of filing some paperwork.

Security Officers are appointed for life.

You died. Your appointment ended when you died. Just like Unc... I mean Space Ranger's did.

When I came back and passed my tests, my legal status was officially changed from "deceased" to "alive" after Shady and Doc One signed my papers. Therefore, that automatically changed my Security Officer status back. I asked to be on detached medical leave until just resently, hence the reinstatement papers.

Brit, bureaucracy obviously isn't your strength here in the Office. But check, and you'll see everything is on the up-and-up.

In any case if you feel the research wasn't thorough or a test overlooked, I'd be happy to undergo any you'd suggest.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<appears again, conspiciously>

Ranger, just so you know -- I want you to invesitgate it too. All of it. You and I both know Matlock would never sit by and let this hang out there, but you should have the chance to get your own opinion too. But when you're ready, his file is available. I will never hinder your path, because if you are who you say you are, then I've needed something to believe in for a long time like the days of old.

And anyone who calls Everyday Girl a 'Cobalt worshipper' is so far in the dark they don't what up or down is. EG and I have earned each other's respect and trepidation on various occasssions. There's no automatic anything--other than the benefit of a real analysis. That's why she'll one day be the best Security Chief of them all.

I'm sorry Lardy. What this will all reveal will not be easy on you. But one day, when you feel you have nowhere else to go, I'll be there. And we can talk then. You'll hate me, I know; but you'll remember you love me too. And I'll be there nonetheless...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalla Hrykos
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalla Hrykos   Email Kalla Hrykos         Edit/Delete Post     
<angered>

Surely, YOU Cobalt, don't believe this sham is the real thing! YOU?!?!?

He's a FRAUD, Everyday Girl! I'm sure he'd pass any test you throw at him, but I know it in my gut! Lard Lad would NEVER turn on Cobalt Kid--NEVER!!!

And THAT's all the evidence I need!!!

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Shut the hell UP, Clive!

<to Cobalt>

What's in Matlock's file, Cobalt? <in his face> Does it explain why you KILLED me?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Again with the melodramatics... <shakes head slowly>

Cobie if you have something to tell us, Tell Us!

And Lard Lad please refrain from making any more accusations until you have more proof than "Because I said so."

Lard Lad I haven't gone thru everything yet, but it appears that the Hospital focused most of their efforts on determining whether or not you were sane, not whether or not you really are Lard Lad.

I sat in that cell until everything was done because I chose to. I won't ask you to do the same thing but I will ask you to undergo a series of tests.

(At least one of the tests is multiple choice)

--------------------

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm thoroughly confused ... can someone please tell me who I'm supposed to bite on the arse ... in the name of security of course ...

<splash>

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<throws chum to Sharky>

Wish I could old friend, but I'm at a slight loss as well...

Ranger, I have nothing to tell. You'll find it all in the files. I can tell you this:--

<looks him in the eyes>

I'm innocent of all these accusations, I swear it. On our friendship.

<keeps looking in the eyes>

You'll see various sworn testimony here and there, but I'll fill in any detail you ask. I have declined doing so thus far, because I felt I owed that to no one. But to you, old friend...sure, I'll do it. But I've offered all apologies and explanations long past, and I'm done doing so.

Investigate old friend, but I have little to say in advance of your doing so. But when you're done, perhaps we can talk of different things.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Shut the hell UP, Clive!

<to Cobalt>

What's in Matlock's file, Cobalt? <in his face> Does it explain why you KILLED me?

[No]

Poor Lardy. I will not be the one to tell you

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<scrolls thru files>

Ah, yes...

<to Ranger>

Yes, these files may be a little more helpful. In any case I'm willing to submit to more as I've already stated.

<back to Cobalt> Enough with the innuendo!If you've got something to say, SAY IT!!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<smiles>

I say you've deserved this rest old friend, but it pains me to disturb it.

I've got nothing to add to these accusations. They're obvious lies, heresay and gossip.

If the Ranger were to decide I was wrong, who would I be to argue?

But you, LardLad. You...you are quite different indeed. Because if are who you say you are...you would remember...

[whisper] Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis [/whisper]

Its okay Lardy, I'm here for you.
<turns to Ranger>

You know me well enough to know I'll never make it easy. I've nothing to add yay or nay. Decide yourself. But we both know I'm innocent of all these charges.

<turns to Lard Lad>

And there was a moment where you almost threatened Jailbait Lass. From a friend to another--don't ever do that again.

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Lard Lad... Anthony... There are several ways to fool a simple DNA scan.

Do you trust Crujectra? How about Doc One? And Saturn Girl?

Come back tomorrow... We'll put an end to this.

(I need a good night's sleep)

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis? Means nothing to me!

<to everyone> I yelled at Lolita but never did or never would hurt her! She's frustratingly and blindly loyal to him. I, for one, would never want someone's blind loyalty!

<to Cobalt> Can't you see? You are the only one who can, and most assuredly will, hurt her! Of this, I'm sure...

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.