Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Hrun the Barbarian
Barbarian Warrior

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hrun the Barbarian   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hrun enters the security office carrying a large canvas bag. On closer inspection the bag is wriggling furiously.

Noticing Spellbinder he bows. “My lady. Tis well met here indeed. I have found this creature skulking in a small space ship in orbit around LegionWorld. I believe it is a Hrykosian though why they are in this part of the galaxy I know not”

As he emptied the bag out in the midst of the floor all craned their neck to see just what a Hrykosian looked like.

“Hrun sweetie” said Spellbinder “how did you catch this prisoner, we only know of one battle cruiser in orbit, are there more?”

Hrun smiled and stretched, his muscles glistening with a thin sheen of sweat, “Pah! The northern barbarians use Hrykosian mercenaries and they are naught but mewling cravens with no sense of honour. Entering a criuser and fighting off a few hundred soldiers was but a moments play for my mighty axe.”

Maybe now we can gain some knowledge of their language from this prisoner” Said Spellbinder but if he has been trained to resist my probes we might need a strong telepath like Saturn Girl on this job.

--------------------
Bring me Mead and Meat,
NOW Slave!!

From: The Northern Wall | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<looks over Hrykosian>

He's one of them all right. One from one of the five clans of the Dark Oval. And I can see a hate in his eyes already, even though he doesn't know me.

But they still haven't truly attacked us, no matter what they intend. I suggest this remains a secret here in the Security Office. They're coming for us...no need to inflame them further.

Crujeckie, those mages might be a big help. In the meantime, see what you read from this ones mind. My intel suggests they are going to send an ambassador here...but if they're already prepared for war...great Rao, we'll need to alert the triumvirate armies...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
*turns up with blue skin, metal plates on his face and new, helmeted costume*

Unless you've been driven nuts by your powers, I'd stay away from the Anomaly at 56.3351ºN, 87.2355ºE and 32.2409ºV. It's a doozy.

And Dark Oval, Opal. Am I missing something here, or wasn't there a big Opal left behind after we finally got... umm, severed Avalon's link to this dimension? The past year and a bit's all a bit of a blur...

*drops customary stink bomb and teleports out, meaning to see how the Mainframe's been doing in his absence*

[ August 08, 2006, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt, Spellbinder has extacted the Hrykosian's converstion from my memory. Its in the hands of the translators now. Hopefully they can come up with something useful. In the meantime I am returning to the ship to see if I can find anything else. If I get the opportunity I'll try for the ships log.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
<Slips into security office through a tesseract behind Jailbait Lass' desk>

ohmygod, 'lita, slide out of here as soon as you can... meet me... you know where...

<Re-Enters Tesseract>

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Lad Kid
part-time lurker

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super Lad Kid   Email Super Lad Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm, I don't think you guys can smell it, but this Hrykosian emits a unique scent. I should be able to reproduce that scent with my scent replication powers should the circumstances ever warrent it.
From: Michigan | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Now that Caliente is no longer here to browbeat me. I invite all Dark Oval Infiltrators, Legion World Fifth Columnist Traitors, all hired ruffians and my friends in the security office to partake in the services of my various legitimate businesses.

Conflict is always profitable.

Chief - I'm diverting 4% of the booze budget to Tamper Lad's war profiteering scams investment opportunities. We may have to go from bottles to cans for a few days but the extra cash may come in handy in case we need to bring in any paid assassins outside consultants to help with this Space Ranger situation.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I heard a rumor that a Dark Oval Armada is about to cut off trade between Pilsen Planet and Legion World in an attempt to make us surrender Cobalt Kid and LardLad.

This will effectively cut off our supply of imported beer. The Genius Club has forseen this contigency and is prepared to release some of our supply of fine imported beer through an open auction system.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I also have massive hoarded supplies of booze and beer in the Lair's storage tessaract. Trust me...it could last all of Legion World about a year, even given its population's lust for alcohol!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, my source within the D.O. confirms that it will be sending an ambassadorial detachment any day now representing the Hrykosian cartel.

Don't be fooled, fellow security officers...they're not going to come here with a reasonable peace plan. They want Cobalt and me, true, but they want to eliminate Legion World and the LMB as a potential threat to their expansion more than anything else!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
THE BASTARDS SHOT ME OUT AN AIRLOCK!!!!!!!!

They caught me in their computer files and shot me out an airlock. Thought it would killll me i guessss. Welll technicalllllly it did, but I'm feeeeeeeling much betttter now.
Last I saw their ship was headed for the far side of Legionworld, just relocating I'd guess.
Anywoooooooo, the important thing is....right before they caught me I found some files in Interlac refering to an ambassssssdor who is due to arrrrrrrrrrrrive tomorrrrow or the day after. We have to keeeeeeeep a close eye on any new arrrrivals.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh look at you all rushing around so busy,

Dedman your looking a bit worse for ware,

This should cheer you all up look I made an ice monkey!

-

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool!

Hopefully Monkey Eater Lad won't confuse it for the real thing though [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
me am back ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<<<Memo>>>

To: All Security Personnel

All security personnel are invited to a clandestine meeting with myself and Cobalt regarding the Hrykosian affair at Vee's Villa in the Neptune Suite. The meeting will be ongoing, so please make haste to arrive ASAP.

(Please delete this message from your Omnicom as soon as you receive this message)

<<<End Memo>>>

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.