Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Cobalt's Office of Security - the 80's Power Years
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lardy, I've seen what an evil version of myself is. Remember, my double in another universe is a ruthless tyrant. I've looked at a monster and--even if it was slightly removed--known himself to be me. But I couldn't let myself get wrapped up in that. I'd go insane. No matter what you've done, I know the person who stands before me now would not commit murder.

I'll go now if you want, but I'll be back.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Please do...I--I think it's for the best....

....but thanks, Rocky...for everything.

<Rocky leaves>

<shakes his head>

I've got to...I dunno...have Rocky disallowed from visiting me or something. It's just too painful--and I don't want him getting hurt. I always hurt those I love without fail...always...

<covers face with hands>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters the Security Office, and looks fondly at the double statues of the Emerald Empress and Space Ranger>

Well, I guess we’ll have to take one down now. <smiles> I was hesitant at first, but I think its really him. And maybe that’s what we need to get this office back on track after all this time…

<walks over to front desk; being the legendary Cobalt Kid and founder of the Office of Security, they let him through easily>

Is Everyday Girl in? How about Jailbait Lass? No? Damn, where is she? She’s a tough person to find…

<walks through the halls>

(Busy here, as usual, but most of the high-ranking officers appear to be out trying to solve this crime. There’s Rockhopper Lad, but he appears upset. And My Whee Fem and Space Ranger are discussing what we just went through at Abin’s Office on the 85th Floor. Not much more to discuss with me. But there is one person here in the Office of Security that might help me.)

<since Cobalt is no longer part of the Office of Security, he essentially should not be able to move any further; however, anyone knowing Cobalt Kid would know he would never actually leave the Office of Security without having backup override codes on everything going on there. Easily he bypasses security with his own override codes and a few secret passages.>

Ah…here we are.

<and suddenly Cobalt Kid is alone, down a long hallway—he walks down and soon is before the prisoner being housed there: he stands before the cell of Lard Lad>

Hello, Lardy…

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Des? You're...up?

<a wave of conflicting emotions cascades through him>

I..I'm glad you pulled through...but I don't think you should be here. Please leave.

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I’m up Lardy. And the time for being vague, playing it safe and being subtle is over. No more secrets, no more false accusations. Only truths.

<moves closer>

Lardy, I did not try to kill you. I think you know that. You’re my best friend, and this charade has gone on long enough. You feel a tremendous guilt for what happened to Damien Hyrkos and Mordra, but its time you dealt with that guilt once and for all. Through your actions, you saved a baby girl, who would have had a terrible life and become a killing machine like her parents. You saved countless lives by removing them. And in the end, the Dark Oval planned on attacking Legion World anyway. Were you completely right? Of course not—none of us ever are.

But Lardy, listen to me dammit. The LMB needs you right now; so does Legion World. And they need me too…I’ve let things go too far. They need us both, working together.

Now you have to trust me.

<suddenly, with great magnetic force, completely rips apart the bars on Lardy’s cell—Lardy could have done this before, but Cobalt doing so is symbolic>\

<magnetic shield goes around them both, in the shape of a globe, as Cobalt begins moving up through the levels of the security office, destroying each floor above him in his path. Security alarms begin to sound>

Let’s go Lardy. We have work to do.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<beats his fists against Cobalt's magnetic globe>

Damnit, Des! Do you realize what you've done?!?! You've made yourself a fugitive!!! If you're right and there's something deeper going on, you've just made things TEN TIMES WORSE for us!!!

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

<smiles>

Of course I know what I'm doing Lardy. And if things are worse in the immediate future to make things better over all, we can both live with it for now.

<breaks through the roof of the Security Office, into the airways of Legion World>

I'm no fugitive...I'm Legion World's most legendary hero [Big Grin]

<waves to people below>

Its time to do whats right. You're Lard Lad, the LMB's "big gun". Its not your destiny to sit this crisis out in your cell, waiting for your name to be cleared.

<moves across Legion World even faster>

Looks like I just sprung you from prison, Lardy. Had to happen sooner or later [Wink]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<smiles in spite of himself>

Cobalt, you crazy sunnuvabitch!

So...where to?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Follow me...

And Security Officer below! My apologies! [Big Grin]

Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
<Stands in the middle of the rubble that was once the Security Office. Around him emergency crews are busy repairing damage to vital systems and tending to wounded Gencar Security Officers...>

Cobalt, this time you've gone too far... Your Grandstanding horseshit just put six security officers in Medicus Two, two of them in critical condition...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(So now I'm gonna have to take you down)

--------------------
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! You were like right Uncle... the cell block... or what's left of it anyway... is empty... He broke Mr Lard Lad out.

What do we do now?

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
What we always do...

The right thing. Even if the right thing to do is the hardest thing to do.

(He's become a menace. He doesn't care about the consequences of his actions. He only cares about being melodramatic. I'm gonna show him MELODRAMATIC)

--------------------

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pagan Lass
Sorceress/Table Dancer/Grandmother

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pagan Lass   Email Pagan Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
<My stands staring at a panel in one of the few undamaged areas of what was once the Security Office, suddenly a Red Light blinks on.>

Ranger, Brit... Lard Butt is back in normal space/time... I don't know about Cobalt, I don't have any way to track him...

Triangulating now...

Awww... Crap on a stick! He's on the other side of the world... Someplace called "a Faraway Room."

--------------------
/ / ( . )Y( . ) \ \

What can I DO for you?

From: Legion World Security Office | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Ranger
Private Dick

<Hands My a small device>

Program the signal...

(I'll do the rest...)

--------------------

Everyday Girl
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Everyday Girl   Email Everyday Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohmygod! You're not going by yourself...

Even you can't take both of them...

<Straps on Guns, checks ammo>

--------------------
Hi! How are you?
<click-click> BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!

From: Here? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  59  60  61   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.