Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two (Page 32)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: The NON-LEGION comics trivia thread!!! Round two
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Reading hints is often useful in trivia! Though I've been trying to figure out what Miner's suggestions have in common, and I can't think of anything!

Until Johnny Thunder, I would say "comparatively obscure and early Golden Age" characters is the theme.

Oh, and USALUS was a punk.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:

Oh, and USALUS was a punk.

Couldn't resist stomping on his memory again, could you? BASTARD! [Mad]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Reading hints is often useful in trivia! Though I've been trying to figure out what Miner's suggestions have in common, and I can't think of anything!

Until Johnny Thunder, I would say "comparatively obscure and early Golden Age" characters is the theme.

So...who?

Roy Raymond?

Vigilante?

Tommy Tomorrow?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was thinking that... but also thought I out obscured them all with Genius Jones!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hm. Guess Cobie went to bed, huh? If I guessed right, it could be over a week 'til I post a new question as I'm going to leave for vacation tomorrow!

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
Hm. Guess Cobie went to bed, huh? If I guessed right, it could be over a week 'til I post a new question as I'm going to leave for vacation tomorrow!

Look on the bright side. It's unlikely to be Ultra-Humanite, and your 3-in-1 guess above can always be disqualified (if you meant it as an actual guess, that is). No worries.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Oh, is it one guess per post? Or no guesses until after your first has been debunked?

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Officer Taylor:
Oh, is it one guess per post? Or no guesses until after your first has been debunked?

Pretty much.

One guess per post. Wait until the asker has said yay or nay before guessing again.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Is Thora here to flog me? [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

No.

We suspect you would not see that as punishment.

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Did I say it would be punishment?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I was wondering if you were going to be away for your vacation, Lardy. Enjoy!

As for all the guesses, none of you have it yet. I think if I gave even one more clue the answer would be got really quickly.

Miner's replies have something in common though that the real answer also has. It's not a major thing but I think its a enough to be a theme.

I will say the answer is well before the 70's and before the Gorilla Boss of Gotham City. Never forget that I specialize in all eras of comic book history. [Evil]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

Which DC Comics protagonist was the very first EVER in company history to feature the concept of an ape being implanted with a human brain?

Guesses so far (Miner's guesses in bold):

Congorilla
Batman
Wonder Woman
Robotman
Doctor Occult
Genius Jones
Jimmy Olsen
Slam Bradley
Flash
Shining Knight
Gary Concord the Ultra-Man
Zatara
The Spectre
Dr. Fate
Green Lantern
Tex Thompson
The King
Johnny Thunder
Ultra-Humanite
Roy Raymond
Vigilante
Tommy Tomorrow

[ May 22, 2010, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

And confirmed as pre-'53, which is the date of the Gorilla Boss story.
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well no one's said

Superman

yet. So I will.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.